• icon"The support team were amazing, always to hand to go through any problems or ideas we had. Rep was brilliant and very patient with us."
  • icon"Ability to consolidate feedback and track change requests/revisions from a variety of stakeholders. Haven't used it yet, but the integration into Adobe products looks really interesting."
  • icon"It's simple to use, everyone brought into it very quickly. Has previous versions saved, and its adobe plugin with done/not done was a great add-on."
  • icon"I dislike having to click through 3+ pages to do a task that should be easily available from the dashboard (maybe just a mass-archive button)."
  • icon"I have two complaints with this software (which I have brought up to their team multiple times and has yet to be fixed)."
  • icon"The mobile experience is VERY poor. A user shouldn't have to sign in on mobile if they don't have to sign in via desktop."

Browse all GoProof Reviews

• Have you used GoProof and would like to share your experience with others?

Christina

Industry: Graphic Design

Great Proofing System on User End - still some simplifying required on client end

I love it! It has helped me streamline my graphics proofing process. I no-longer have to take my file into another file to create a low-res, watermarked PDF. I just click the client's name, and submit the artwork to their email - all from withing CC.

Pros

As a Designer, I love this product. It works as a plug-in to the Creative Suite - so when I'm finish a design or edit, I can easily send the project to the client... and when it's been reviewed, I can see their requested markups.

Cons

The only think I don't like (right now 'cause I know you will improve it further) is the fact that customers have difficulty understanding what is happening, and so I have to instead email them screen captures of the artwork for review instead. My customers tend to be people who know their craft inside out, but don't know the digital design world. It becomes overwhelming for them. I get emails from a few asking why they have to sign up, etc. Please find a way to make the end-user experience even more streamlined so its a simple as them looking right at the file from the link and no other confusing messaging.

Reasons for choosing GoProof

I didn't look at anyone else 'cause when I read the description of your service, I was sure it would work out great.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks Christina for the amazing feedback! The good news is there are ways to simplify the collaborator experience, such as allowing them to see work and sign it off directly from the notification email. We'd love to show you!

Right out of Creative Cloud and into reviewers hands

The ease of use for everyone who touches GoProof is a huge benefit. Also, we're making fewer errors, if there's a comment, it's easy for us to see what's been addressed and what has not.

Pros

I love that our creators can push their work directly from the Creative Cloud software to their reviewers and access their proofs in the software, no need to toggle to a different program to read the needed changes. Our reviewers love the easy commenting tools and that they can review projects where ever they are.

Cons

For big files, publishing the proof can lag. Sometimes, my users wonder if it stalled, but if they're patient, it always goes through.

Reasons for choosing GoProof

Ease of use and price were the biggest considerations.

Reasons for switching to GoProof

Aproove was an on-premises proofing software and prohibited review remotely. Our reviewers struggled with it.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks Sarah, we're glad you like it! And we're working hard every day to make it even better!

Replied August 2019

Web Platform Ok, App Needs Work

We operate 30+ retail locations in four states with each store having a separate manager that we rely on to review our weekly, bi-weekly and monthly print advertisements. GoProof provides us an easy-to-use, central platform that allows us to efficiently communicate, collaborate and share creative that would otherwise have to be distributed via email.

Pros

The tool helps to keep our proofs organized by client and/or project type and it is very easy to use.

Cons

One gripe we get all the time is that the app doesn't refresh when a revised proof is uploaded. This could be user error and/or just part of our situation, as many of our project stakeholders are working away from the office and w/out a wifi connection. I also wish there was a check box of some sort next to each comment so edits can be marked completed once they've been made. As of right now, it seems the only way to ensure something has been done is to leave a comment.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for the review and feedback Andrew! The great news is you can check off edits as you do them. Here's how you do it https://www.goproof.net/adobe-creative-cloud-designers-can-mark-requested-changes-as-done-or-not-done-and-give-reasons-why/

Laura

GoProof Review

I really do enjoy using GoProof and it has made our proofing and editing experience with our clients much more efficient then emailing back and fourth.

Pros

I really love that it works right in our Indesign, other competitors we have looked at make you upload your proofs to an online platform every time. I also like that you can send reminders, and it's super helpful that Clients are able to attach documents, photos, etc. to their edits.

Cons

The app doesn't always show the Client the most up to date version of the proof. We aren't always made aware if there is a glitch in the program and the proof doesn't get sent through. There is no way for us to edit a Clients email address, the resolution we found for this is to edit the client and re-add them, this isn't the easiest resolution.

Reasons for choosing GoProof

Because we could use it directly in Indesign.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for the awesome feedback Laura. Feel free contact our Customer Success Team to discuss versioning and we'll dive in!

Candie

Overall very pleased with the product. Wish it had more customizations but I understand this is still a small company and hopefully those will happen later.

Pros

How easy it is to send clients design proofs without the extra emails in between. All comments and revisions are handled directly in InDesign.

Cons

It loads slowly - and sometimes you have to restart the Extension within your programs.

Reasons for choosing GoProof

GoProof is very straight forward whereas Wrike seemed to have quite a learning curve. Lots to figure out.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for the great review Candie! We're working hard to keep improving speed and stability. Please contact our Customer Success Team if you have specific cases.

Holly

I really like GoProof. The customer service is excellent so any problems are QUICKLY fixed.

Pros

Our review system is so much more efficient now.

Cons

There a few bugs here and there but nothing that would deter me from not wanting to use it. We have had a major issue of files being deleted but seems to be fixed with a work around. Not exactly perfect.

Reasons for choosing GoProof

GP worked for what we needed and was a better price.

Response from Oppolis Software

That's awesome Holly, thank you! We're so pleased to hear how GoProof has improved your efficiency. Our Customer Success Team is always here to help!

Alison

In-House Design Team Uses Daily

Overall, we've found our work flow has become more efficient since integrating GoProof. Designers find they can move through edits quicker with more clarity and project managers feel more in control of the review process. All updates to the program that have been released are helpful and add even more features. I'm looking forward to see what is coming next!

Pros

The integration between my Adobe programs and GoProof is extremely helpful. It's easier to move through changes and send new drafts because GoProof is right within my program. I like the fact that we can have four paid users, but anyone can interact with GoProof without needing a login or paid account. It's allowed us to quickly incorrporate GoProof into our daily work flow for the entire company, no huge training sessions or learning curves. The collaborators and history tabs put control in the project manager's hands for adding reviewers and vetting all comments. Our designers are not relied upon for moving projects to all reviewers any longer. We're finding projects move much faster. I love that you can set deadlines for each draft and "nudge" a reviewer if they haven't completed their review. I love that we can retain our proofs within the system once it's signed-off. I've occasionally had to revisit a comment on a proof after the printing of a project. That security is invaluable.

Cons

The address book isn't shared so email addresses sometimes have to be retyped even if they have been on other reviews. After a year of working, the system has populated more thoroughly but the begin was frustrating. There are a lot of nice features that I had to find on my own just from using GoProof, like the ability to put a proof back into review. In-house design teams may find the project structure confusing. Since we don't have clients, we needed to find a way to match GoProof's team and project nesting to our company structure. There are weird UX frustrations. For example, when in a proof window, you have to click an X in the top right corner to return to the dashboard screen. Why not just a return link? The "insights" screen seems to only be helpful if you take it upon yourself to track time. I would love for this to have more data about time spent in proofs, number of comments a day, average time to complete a proof, etc. As the admin, I'd like to see on my dashboard an activity breakdown by user and by team/client. My dashboard isn't very helpful and isn't customizable to my needs. The mobile experience is VERY poor. A user shouldn't have to sign in on mobile if they don't have to sign in via desktop. Because it's so uncomfortable to use, all reviewers will only use a computer to view a proof, making the flexibility of GoProof not as great as I had though when the purchase was made.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks so much for all your amazing feedback Alison and for choosing GoProof! Your comments are hugely valuable. Our Customer Success Team will be in touch to dive deeper!

Janice

Industry: Printing

Good proofing software, but not without some flaws.

I really like GoProof, but I think there are a few things that could be different to make it optimal. In my case, my customers are my graphic design clients— so the people using GoProof with me are lawyers, chefs, eye doctors, etc... They find the software intimidating at first. I think there may be ways to make the interface more appealing and more intuitive (for example, I can tell them to "SIGN OFF" a million times, and they will click "FINISHED" or "COMPLETED"). Then from our end, I think some features should be more easily available— for example, Archive. It should be a main link on the dashboard to go right to archiving projects, also, a mass-archive feature.

Pros

• Get reviews from clients in the proof. • I think the annotation tools are robust. • When customers get use to using it, they like it. • I like that it allows customers to issue an "official" approval or rejection.

Cons

• Too many pages/tabs to do one thing. • Interface views look confusing (I with there was a small preview in "list view" • I don't know what it is, but ALL of my customers reply to the proof email with feedback (which we have as a DO NOT REPLY). I think customers find the software intimidating, and I don't know how to make them feel more comfortable using it. • The difference between "SIGN OFF" "COMPLETED" and "FINISHED" throws off customers. There should be a way to toggle this off, so "SIGN OFF" is the only option. • The steps to "archive" projects should be easier. I dislike having to click through 3+ pages to do a task that should be easily available from the dashboard (maybe just a mass-archive button)

PageProof, GoVisually, Aproove, CageApp, Ashore

Reasons for switching to GoProof

We had no choice. Their site just stopped working for WEEKS (literally) and they claimed they were fixing it— but then at a month, the parent company put out a statement that they were done for good.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for the great feedback Janice! We'd love to talk through the specific collaborator roles, responsibilities and actions and see if we can simplify the approval process further for you.

Sean

Great proofing software, with a few flaws.

Does what its supposed to do great ... proofing is easy and convenient. Fix these issues, and it would be the best piece of software I pay for ... I would give it 10 stars and would recommend it to anyone who would listen.

Pros

It is very easy to use, it makes the approval process quick and easy. The software team continues to update it regularly. Clients tend to understand the software quickly and use a good number of the available features.

Cons

I have two complaints with this software (which I have brought up to their team multiple times and has yet to be fixed). First, is that you need to make a comment in order to unlock the request for changes. I have a lot of clients who just email me changes instead of putting them in through the software, so I have to go in and put some random comment like "changes needed" just so I can then request changes to the proof. Second and more annoying to me, is that you need to request changes in the first place, you should just be able to upload a new version by pressing upload new version and just bypassing the need for comments and change requested to be pressed. Both of these issues also email the client at every step, so the client receives at least two extra emails that could be prevented, and the first email which just says that changes have been requested sometimes confuses the client and they email me right away asking why I just resent them their old version ... which then prompts another unnecessary email where I have to explain that its just an email requesting changes. If they could fix these two problems, then the software would be perfect.

Reasons for choosing GoProof

I hated them all until I found GoProof ... for how we use the software it was an easy decision.

Reasons for switching to GoProof

I loved everything about ProofHQ, but then it merged with a whole software suite that was way more than we needed and ProofHQ stopped being sold as a stand alone software. So I tried quite a few other proofing softwares and hated them all until I found GoProof. ProofHQ didn't have the same issues GoProof has, so I technically like that one a little better, but the GoProof team has been continually upgrading so I am hopeful someday they will finally get it fixed.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for the awesome review Sean. We're working hard on your great feature requests to see if we can get them into our development cycle.

Dane

Great Product!

Time is the biggest benefit I've found with GoProof. I'm not wasting time on the phone with customers trying to understand what they want. With this proofing system I'm able to see exactly what they want, where they want it and can quickly make those edits and return a proof in record time.

Pros

My customers love how quick GoProof makes the proofing process. We've saved time and money by using this product. Before using GoProof we would spend a lot of time on the phone discussing changes and explaining where the changes needed to be made. With GoProof, it's a quick easy process and I can see exactly what changes they want made and where to make them.

Cons

It seems to be a bit glitchy when I'm moving between my desktop and laptop. If I've already sent a proof from my desktop, and then I leave the office and changes come back that need to be made, if I make the changes on my laptop and resend the proof....it confuses GoProof. Also, a huge let down was the fact that I can't get push-notifications on my cellphone through the app. Despite customer service trying to help me....it wouldn't work. The best they could tell me was that it "should be working"

Reasons for choosing GoProof

It works fairly well with the Adobe software

Response from Oppolis Software

Fantastic to hear how much time and money you are saving Dane! Thanks for the review and we'll continue to investigate your comments.

Steven

Great Simple Software

I've thoroughly enjoyed working with this software. I love being able to access it from anywhere. Even some of my less than technologically advanced co-workers have been able to grasp how to use it. its been a lifesaver.

Pros

Easy to upload and share with team members. Love the integration app for all the different adobe software I use. How Easy it is to create new notes and share them with the whole team or with specific team members.

Cons

No way to check off changes as you are making them. If a coworker makes suggestions, there is no way to mark a comment as done. The only way to mark it as done is after the changes have been made and you have uploaded a new file. Then you can mark the previous version comment as done. The interface can be a bit clunky at times. Some times it logs me in as someone else in my company and I have to log out and log back in to get back to my view.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks Steven, glad you love the Adobe integration! The great news is you can check off changes as you do them right inside the Adobe extension. Here's how you do it https://www.goproof.net/adobe-creative-cloud-designers-can-mark-requested-changes-as-done-or-not-done-and-give-reasons-why/

Heather

Industry: Furniture

GoProof for Creative workflow

Great product, does what it promises, is easy to implement and use, intuitive interface for proofers and Indesign users. We had a few hiccups with the Text edit functionality but overall it has had a very positive impact on our proofing workflow and cut costs for us enabling us to move to an almost completely digital proofing workflow from a intensive print and paper routing routine.

Pros

We had experimented with several digital proofing solutions but landed happily with GoProof. The huge advantage is that it integrates so well with Indesign, proofers don't have to have an account and login. It essentially sends a Indesign proof to the proofers and has text edit functionality that can be simply applied by our designers when proof changes are requested. It of course has all the standard other proof mark-ups. It has saved us a lot of time and has many great little efficiency adding functions.

Cons

We've had some conflicts with the Text editing functionality and another plug in we use that makes it not tase useful that we had initially thought it would be.

Reasons for choosing GoProof

Indesign integration and proofers not having to have accounts/log ins/licenses. Simple straightforward but with rich functionality.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for the great review and for choosing GoProof, Heather!

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Very helpful When there are many reviewers

It really streamlined our review process. No more sending PDFs to a bunch of editors and loosing track of what version you are working on.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it work directly through Indesign and Illustrator. You don't have to save your document as a PDF and then e-mail it to your reviewers. It does it all seamlessly. Also you send the one proof to your many editor and then they have the ability to send it to all the secondary reviewers so you don't have to do all that work of sending PDFs to a bunch of people and then have to compile all of the edits. All of the edits comeback in one file in Indesign or you can access them from the web when your not at your work computer.

Cons

In the comments from editors interface pages you can't see the name of the file. We work with jobs that have many different complex file names. So it is is easy to forget which file you have open in the web interface. I wish when you were looking at a comment when you used the magnifying tool it would automatically go to the comment you are looking at. It usually does a great job of not making duplicate versions but every know and then a file version will be duplicated and the reviewer won't know which one to review, but this is rare.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for the great feedback and comments David! We're pleased to say there is a way to see the file name in the web interface. If you click the Proof Status button top-left (it will say 'In Review' for example), it drops down details about the proof, including the file name. Hope that's what you need!

Matthew

Goproof Review

Very good, its really helped us manage the businesses requirements from the studio.

Pros

Cons

We add proof checkers in phases, first product/then technical/then grammar. It doesn't seem to like it, and glitches with people not receiving notifications. I wish that we could upload MS Excel/word/ppt files to go proof to get briefing proof checked, then add artworks to the same project, so we can track projects. Also better reporting, total amount of amends of a file would be good, and amendments made by who in reports.

Simplicity

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for the great review Matthew! These are awesome comments. We'll investigate each one!

Amy

go proof review

even without the text edit function our overall experience is positive.

Pros

It is an easy program to use and mostly reliable. Most of the staff have been able to handle it...

Cons

I still haven't been able to use the text edit function properly. We just use the comment tools. There are glitches sometimes where the routing people disappear.

cost and function.

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks for your feedback Amy! We'll be in touch to help!

Francesca

Good but has a lot of glitches

Overall it has been a goo experience. Our workflow has gotten faster now that we have GoProof.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Once we switched to reviewing digitally we were worried about if the other departments would be able to use it on their own or if we would need to assist. Everyone has been able to figure it out on their own.

Cons

It has a lot of glitches. It deletes one of my InDesign files about once a month. Luckily customer support turned on the backup, however that doesn't prevent it from deleting my files. There also seems to be a delay from when we upload a proof to when the reviewer gets the email. This can be difficult for time-sensitive projects. Also, not being able to delete users has been an issue (for example, if we spelled someones email wrong, I can't delete them. So we have to remember which one is the correct spelling bc both will still pop up as reviewers).

Response from Oppolis Software

Thanks Francesca, we're pleased to hear it's intuitive for your colleagues and has sped up your workflow. We'll continue to investigate your comments.

Shawnee