• Pros

• "Super easy to use! And very easy for non computer savvy clients to view and use."

• "It is quick to load up big files, it's easy to use, it rarely fails and it saves me so much time! Plus our clients love it and find it easy too use."

• "Folders. It works very well, it's very useful for me. "

• Cons

• "Hightail spaces seem a little confusing but one of my clients uses it without problems."

• "Sometimes slow to upload or send if a huge file...wish it was super fast...."

• "nothing to report on my end. Everything is ok & no cons..."

Browse Hightail Reviews

Macylyna from DEDAN KIMATHI UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (DeKUT)

My Review on Hightail

This software has allowed us to securely send large emails.It is easy to use and has a nice user friendly interface.

Pros

One thing that excites me the most about hightail is the security feature it has. With the tool one can protect the file from unwanted third party by having document password that are only accessible by the intended recipient. With the tool one is also able to track email from who, where and when the email was downloaded. Another thing that excites me is the ability to share large files. This is one of the key thing that made us purchase this tool. With it you are able to compress large document and send them easily. The other parties in the receiving end are also able to download it easily and fast.

Cons

I hate that the links shared expires very quickly. The support team is also not interactive.

Sheila from Sunny Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

I'm not too crazy about Hightail

Hightail has some really awesome customer service. Other than that, I feel there are other cloud storage and file sharing applications that are more superior.

Pros

I like that you have a custom link through which your clients or anyone can upload large files to send to you. Likewise, you are able to send professional looking emails with links for your clients to download large files you send to them.

Cons

I was never really able to get the files I stored in the cloud to sync in my local computer drive, so I lost quite a bit of files. I found Hightail more pricier than it needs to be. They used to be great when they were YouSendIt, but once they merged with Hightail, I feel the quality of the product diminished a bit. I didn't like that they do not provide a file preview. So I have to download several photo files to find the picture I'm looking for.

Reasons for Choosing Hightail

I actually ended up going with Google Drive and Dropbox as my choices. I ended my Hightail Subscription because Hightail was not as easy to navigate, it never really synced properly with my computer, and I like the functionality of Drive and Dropbox better. Plus, way more people use those services. So they are able to add the files I share with them directly into their own folders.

Josh from Vossler Media Group

Good if using paid plan

I use Hightail every week for delivering assets to clients. The storage side of Hightail is less appealing, in comparison to OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive. I would prefer to exclusively use Hightail for large file sending.

Pros

I really enjoy the simple and fast upload speeds for sending files, which seems to be much faster than other file sending services.

Cons

The file delivery limits make it challenging for sending video assets, which tend to be more than 25GB. Other services are just fine for sending a final deliverable, which are generally <1GB, but to pay a monthly service for file sending, I'd expect there to be an higher cap than 25GB for the Pro version.

Narrowing of Features and Declining Value

Pros

You can set up a linked folder on your machine that syncs with Hightail. Back in the day (prior to August, 2017) this formed an ideal platform for disseminating content as you could grab download links and include them in your own communications.

Cons

Hightail has recently adopted a typical self-focused millennial mindset of tunnel-visioned genius: focusing on an increasingly narrow range of cool stuff and killing off highly practical features without pausing to think about the spectrum of their users. If the HT people have a favorite way of working, they think that everyone works just like they do. As of the most recent downgrade, it is no longer possible to copy download links for files. If you need to send a business email with multiple download links and other content, you're now out of luck, as the only option is to use Hightail's interface to send an email with one (concealed) link. My needs include the ability to send multiple download links to my dealers and prospective dealers - everything from canned social media content to a range of literature and photos. If, for example, a dealer is setting up a website and needs logos, product shots and text files, I can no longer just send out an email with the links to the files on Hightail. Overnight they have unthinkingly destroyed my once routine means of distributing a huge amount of content to our dealers and prospects across the U.S. In a single, narrow-mined stroke, the value of Hightail to my company has vanished overnight. This was a totally brainless move. I suggest that people look for a better solution.

David from Pioneer Container Corp

Industry: Printing

Good option for sharing large files

HighTail allows me to send large files efficiently to clients or suppliers. Since I deal with artwork design and production each and every day I really need an safe, fast and effective way to share files whether they be large proofs or final files for print/web production. HighTail generally suits my needs.

Pros

I like that I can share large files with my clients on a piece of software that lives on my computer rather than using an online service where I upload the file via a web browser. I feel it is a more secure process when using an app as opposed to using a service such as WeTransfer. I consider the free version to be a great tool that is less troublesome than dropbox.

Cons

While I consider the free version to be a great tool, I do believe that the paid version is a bit on the expensive side for my level of use. I consistently use HighTail, but not enough to justify a monthly subscription. If I run into limits on what I can upload for free, I will then move to another free alternative that has less restritive file size limits such as WeTransfer.

Reasons for Choosing Hightail

I liked HighTail's interface better than DropBox. I had also used Yousendit for years so I was very familiar with the format.

Michael from Sossity Music

SO Much Easier than Dropbox

I send and receive audio files all the time and there is never a problem.

Pros

Its ease of use. Whether sending or receiving audio files there's never a problem.

Cons

Well, it would be nice if it were free....

Reasons for Choosing Hightail

Ease of use. Hightail is a breeze- sending or receiving. DropBox always seems to send me down a rabbit hole- too much wasted time. Hightail is quick and easy and always gets the job done!

Great For Sharing Lots of Photos

Overall, easy to use, easy to share, and user friendly.

Pros

It was pretty easy to get started and you get a lot of features even with a free account. We used this to share photos from a large event. We could share the link with others and they didn't need an account to access or download.

Cons

The organization is a little weird, I'm still not entirely sure what all the features are on this site.

Miranda from Smart Office Solutions

Get it for free, keep it forever - Send large files with Hightail

Overall, I have been using and recommending Hightail for years and will continue to do so. It's a great service that does what it says it does - helps you securely send large files between parties. Other partners use the enterprise tools and I've found the process of marking up collaborations pretty seamless, as well.

Pros

I have loved Hightail for years. It's a great tool to keep in my pocket for one-off large file exchanges with prospects, new hires, and transient contacts that we don't want to set up on our internal fileshare service. The free send is limited to one file, so make it count!

Cons

Sometimes - just sometimes - a file will slip through the cracks somehow and take a while to process and send. It doesn't happen often, and there doesn't seem to be any particular trigger. High server volume? A problem in the file itself? Who knows? But don't use this service if you absolutely, positively, MUST have the file in the other party's hands within the next five minutes.

Reliable File Sender

This was my go to for high res files and large content to send to outside partners. I no longer use it because IT has proposed a new site.

Pros

This was a minimalist but easy to navigate option for sending larger files that cannot go onto an e-mail via attachment.

Cons

Unfortunately there was a max file size and my company decided they preferred using another option for sending big files. Also, some files would not send, despite receiving confirmation.

Brittany from MAYER LANDSCAPE

Not much to it.

Over all it does its job. Gives me what I need. My plans.

Pros

Not to much to it I get a bid invite from maybe two General Contractors and I click the documents to have them download.

Cons

Not much to it. No good back ground just simply enough to get what you need done. I only receive bid invites through this system.

Marianne from magictrunk_creative

Hightail - a business tool I can't live without.

I think I said this above having all my work in one place is huge for me. I can be tracking 2,3,4,...7 jobs at a time so I need a solution that helps me to keep it all straight and streamline the process. I get this with Hightail. Add in the fact that I can customize each space and there is the opportunity for collaboration right there in the space that's a time saver that I can't say enough about. When approvals need to happen asap this allows me to get the content there as quickly as possible and approved so we can move ahead. Hightail is one of those business tools I can't live without.

Pros

I love the ease of use for me. I'm a freelance Creative Director so it lets me customize content for my different clients per space while keeping in all in one accessible location for me. This helps me to streamline my process so it allows me to jump from job to job effortlessly. Also this allows me to share large files for immediate response and has the capabilities for there to be dialogue right there on the site again keeping all the content bundled in one easily accessible place.

Cons

I have had issues with clients not understanding what they are supposed to do with the invite or link. Also I've heard they are asked to download the software if this is their first visit and from one person I was told he ended up with a reoccurring charge after viewing the link. As I'm not personally encountering these issues but I've also been using Hightail for years I'm concerned about this client side of the equation. I'm mostly hearing this from non-tech savvy clients but they are clients that need to be managed is there a way to make this even simpler for them?

Modern Review & Approval, Finally!

1. Speed to Market – the ability to provide feedback and reviews within the Hightail platform, without downloading content brings final versions to frontline teams sooner and with greater quality than old review methods. 2. Ease of Use – from individual contributors, to SMEs, managers, directors and above, adoption has been easy, even when reviewers were not tech savvy, so approval requests don’t “bottleneck” when using the Hightail platform. 3. Accountability – tracking and managing comments and feedback in one secure location eliminates assumptions about design choices, and provides clear ownership between requestor and design team member. 4. Vendor Management – centralized, secure, controlled access between T-Mobile and vendors of creative content in collaboration with design teams makes managing vendor performance faster, easier, and more transparent. 5. Security and Speed – ensuring content review takes place in a shared, secure, and trackable space eliminates churn and delay caused by feedback being provided as attached docs or large files sent through various other means. 6. Error Reduction – secure and centralized spaces for feedback, reviews, and approvals in Hightail stops a patchwork of tools currently in use from causing errors related to file access and/or incorrect version management or tracking. 7. Increased Efficiency – removing several tools from the review and approval process with the use of Hightail reduces the number of actions required of design teams,

Pros

A mobile-ready solution that makes it easy for peers, partners, stakeholders, and vendors to see work product all in one place. This centralized approach ensures everyone is offering feedback on the correct version of an asset, and seeing peers comments, which reduces redundancy, making the process faster. Assigning feedback to team members as an action item is great, and ensures people can work focus on what matters, in a prioritized manner. Approval flows, both linear and non-linear make it easy to get the feedback needed in a timely manner.

Cons

Adding new team members to a space, based on the formatting of the introductory email is NOT ideal. The level of confusion for new users on 'where to start' or 'how to login' required additional emails and communication to ensure a smooth onboarding process. This level of effort wasn't extreme, but is the opposite of easy and has lead to some initial perception hurdles based caused by the way people feel about the solution, based on the poorly formatted and confusing 'welcome' email.

Sami from www.steinberghart.com

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Customer since 2008

I have been using this tool for 10 years, and have been an early subscriber since the days of yousendit It has changed branding a couple of times but it got better overtime. It is not the only cloud service I use, as I have Dropbox, Skydrive, Box and iCloud accounts. However, the main reason I stick with Hightail is the ability to control access to the files very easily and selectively. In other words, the most critical tool for me is the Express App. Then comes the folder sync, and lastly comes hightail spaces. I know hightail is focusing on boosting hightail spaces and stopped improvements to folders, express and desktop sync, but it would be a mistake to think Hightail Spaces is the reason to stick with this app. As for pricing, I have been grandfathered in an old account on auto renew, so I do not think I would buy Hightail st the current pricing given the competition with the other cloud apps and services.

Pros

Unlimited Storage 25 GB file transfer Password protection Delivery receipts View activity Collaboration with others Set expiry date. Sync folders to desktop Express app Hightail Spaces Perfect tool for desktop collaboration.

Cons

Not intuitive on mobile devices. The tracking app on iPhone and iPad cannot be used to forward files sent earlier from Tracker app, where it used to be possible to do so in yousendit app (the prior brand/software) but hightail rewrote the API and disabled that functionality. While perfect on desktop, on mobile browsers the site does not format correctly within the window and text stays outside viewing area.

Steven from Steven R Schrier

Hightail helps with transcontinental video documentary projects

Excellent, Hightail's an incredibly useful and wonderful video production convenience. I live in west Michigan and I've been privileged to film many concerts in San Jose, California during the past decade. The conductors I work with like to be able to review the editing of their concert videos. The availability of Hightail has proven to be an exceptionally fast and economical way to do that. In the past I'd edit a concert video here in west Michigan and would then send a preview DVD, a very time consuming & slow process. With Hightail I can quickly and efficiently send the conductors an edit of their concert, in standard definition video format, which they can preview and review online wherever they might be. Then conventional DVDs are made. The development of Hightail's become a tremendous & practical utility for transcontinental video production efforts, imho :)

Pros

Convenience, ease of use, control of content distribution, statistical information about numbers of views and/or downloads.

Cons

On one recent occasion a choral concert music video file was uploaded and recipients found the audio and video were not in sync while using the "view" feature on Hightail. The video file could be downloaded successfully with the audio & video in sync. It was only while using the "view" feature that the audio and video were not in sync. The "sync" issue could have been due to the encoding by the server at Hightail or more likely is a problem that happens with uploading a video file in the Apple H.264 codec. Video files encoded by Apple Final Cut using the "Pro Res" codecs have not had audio-video synchronization problems. So we may have found one area where the Hightail file sharing software might need revision to handle H.264.

An from University of British Columbia

Reliable Media Sharing Platrom.

With hightail, we are using their service as a way to effectively deliver large media files to clients. Spaces are used for when we hire contractors, especially for overseas productions shoots. They are able to drop videos in to share with us. Overall our experience with HIghtail has been great!

Pros

We worked with Hightail when they were known as YouSendIt and stuck with them after they rebranded. Their uploading services have always been reliable, and their constant updates and new features have kept our creative studios' workflow current and created more efficiencies. (spaces, video commenting/feedback) The receipt that is sent to our main inbox everytime we send a file is also great in that we are able to track projects and give us the piece of mind that the file actually sent. The expiration option ensures that we don't overload our spaces.

Cons

Viewing videos using mobile via their app is not the greatest experience and could be better optimized. No true full screen and slightly clunky, but nothing that can't be easily worked around.

Trisha from Tomorrow's Key

Stepping Up Provide for Customer Needs

I am teaching classes to students all around the world with Hightail, without ever leaving my desk. No TSA. No hotels. No airport delays. Just high efficiency and productivity.

Pros

When I need to be able to deliver a large file, whether graphic or media, HighTail delivers. Fast. Efficient. Handled. Period.

Cons

When I need to deliver a file to multiple clients, I cannot create a group. I must type in every last email every single time. I have better things to do with my time. There used to be a group option, just like there used to be folder options. I have called. I have written. I have been told "sorry, we can't do that" and "sorry, we don't offer that." Those are not the answers I want. As my clientele grows, Hightail is holding me back. These are simple requests. Either Hightail will prioritize them, or I will be forced to find someone who will. Hope you're listening this time…

Craig from DataDriven

Couldn't work globally without Hightail

I produce research-based thought leadership and content (NOT fake news...but content based on actual data from surveys or interviews with experts of groups of experts). Hightail provides an easy mechanism for me to store, distribute, share and catalog my material at all stages of the production journey. I can also get hold of files instantly in a client meeting, or at an aiport or hotel whilst travelling. I find it extremely helpful in maintaining productivity

Pros

Hightail makes it very easy for me to share and send very large files containing high quality graphics, video clips and text to my clients and associates around the world...and getting feedback and updates back quickly as well.

Cons

There are a lot of features and functions I haven't explored yet - so it's too early to criticise

Reasons for Choosing Hightail

Provided the best functions, form and ease of use. It was very quick to get moving quickly with.

Ric from Judys Mailing Service

USER FRIENDLY

With Hightail, I do not need to maintain a ftp site. Hightail is my ftp site.

Pros

I enjoy using the Hightail platform to send large files to clients and for clients to send large files to my firm. Art files for printing can be extremely large in size making email incompatible for sending. I can upload to Hightail and send in very short time to a client and they will get an email with a link to download. One of the benefits is the client can just download with out having to populate a form with all sorts of personal information. Additionally when I send a file I can immediately get a copy of the download link and email that to others or to the recipient explaining what has been uploaded. Another benefit is that I can email my client a link to upload files to me taking the place of having to maintain my own ftp site. The Hightail platform is USER FRIENDLY for both my staff and my clients staff. I have been using it for years and still see it as a WIN-WIN software program.

Cons

So far there is nothing that i have encountered that I do not like or interferes with my use.

Adele from The Typing Works

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Excellent Service

I am very happy with it and I have been using it for many years.

Pros

I run a transcription agency and my customers find it very easy to use my uplink, they like that it is a secure service. I like it because lately it has been a very stable platform to use in sending audio files to my colleagues. I also like that it that it shows a record of files having been sent and confirmation of receipt of files.

Cons

I dislike the black background of the website, it is not easy to see, especially on my monitor. It is also a bit muddled. It is difficult to do a search on files having been sent without scrolling down the page. They also used to send out alerts if they had a problem but this has now stopped.

Robin from Ireland Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

I couldn't work without Hightail.

I have been very happy with Hightail and have used it for years. I also included the Uplink on my website so clients can upload large files to me.

Pros

Hightail is very easy to use and the recipient doesn't need to have permission or the software or anything else to get my files. It is also very easy for them to forward the email to someone else. This is very helpful when I send large files to my client for printing. They can just forward the email on to their printer.

Cons

There are occasional problem when clients upload files to Hightail - Uplink. I've had several clients complain that they aren't able to upload more than 7-8 jpgs at a time. It is very frustrating and they usually give up and use Google or Dropbox.

Chris from Colley Sound

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

The Best Non-High End Transfer Service

I transfer a lot of data per month, and need that data to be very secure. I can't justify the cost of something like Aspera in my small business, and after trying many other transfer services during a time when Hightail was going through some major growing pains realized that this is the best transfer service for what I'm trying to accomplish. There are still things that could be improved, but overall it's an excellent product and one I have recommended to clients many times over the nearly 9 years I've used the service.

Pros

I like that you can easily track files and that it tells you how long it's going to take for the upload to complete.

Cons

I cannot stand that you are not able to create paragraphs in messages that go along with what you're sending. I also slightly prefer the functionality of the old Hightail Express app to the Hightail Spaces app. Another bummer is that when someone comments on a video for feedback (when there are multiple video files in an upload) that you do not keep them all together. It sends a separate email for each one and is enormously time consuming to sift through volume projects if feedback is used in the app.

Cheryl from Copy Tec Legal Services, LLC

Hightail is superior

great

Pros

I can send large quantities of documents to my client and they do NOT have to sign up for a paid subscription. Super easy to use. I can also send my clients my link where they can easily upload to my account. I also love the easy of use seeing the history and being able to forward previously uploaded files to another person. I have tried dropbox (do not like much) and box (same...do not like much) and find hightail far superior.

Cons

Recently, I have heard feedback from first time hightail users that are my clients that when I send them a link, they are confused with the popups that make it seem like they have to set up an account. I have not verified this but if this is true, then that is definitely a minus.

Reasons for Choosing Hightail

Because its original focus was transferring files to and from and their software was optimized for that whereas the other two were more focused on online collaboration so uploads/downloads/history were way more clunky and not user friendly.

Monnica from Reverend Monnica Sepulveda

The best investment I've made!

I am loyal to Hightail which says a lot. When I joined it was called You Send it and then Hightail and I guess there is a new name now. I will always call it Hightail. Its outstanding service. Thank you.

Pros

I love Hightail and have been a customer for a few years. The monthly rate is great and I hope and pray that you don't raise your prices. I have NO complaints. It's easy and its fast. Thank you Hightail!

Cons

Oh only one time the file I sent didn't make it to the recipient. Another time the desktop app didn't work. I got an error message and had to start over typing in the directions inside the text window. I called and I was helped by fantastic customer support and or tech support. Thank you.

Hightail has botched Spaces rollout and customer support is weak

Cons

From my latest support ticket with Hightail: I am sad to report that uninstalling and reinstalling Hightail did not change the circumstances. I was not able to find the Hightail Desktop App for download. All I found was Hightail Express. If that is not the correct file, please tell me when I can find the link to download the app Hightail is recommending. My desktop Hightail folders are still incomplete and missing files. In addition, when I try to download multiple items from Hightail, I usually get one of two errors: 1. The download aborts with the following error code: {"code":500,"message":"There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID db8396e73d0bacc3)."} 2. The download completes and reports that nn files have been downloaded, but when I extract the zip file, only 1 or 2 files appear, not the full set of files selected for download. All the other problems remain. Hightail continues to make dozens of copies of individual files. Deleting duplicates on both Hightail and the desktop does not change this behavior. This is very frustrating, and it is keeping me from working efficiently. It is consuming my high-speed bandwidth allocation from my ISP, which then reduces my internet access from 4G to 3G speeds, further slowing down my work. The lack of phone support, the lack of a remote session to review the state of my machine, and the ineffectiveness of Hightail’s responses to date are quite disappointing. At this time I am getting little to no value from Hightail.

Rachel from Rachelscoltock.com

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Hightail has been supporting my business for years

It solves the problem of sending large audio files to clients, I love it. So simple and easy and no storage my end.

Pros

I love that I can send client audio files ( Readings and recordings of Private Consults) effortlessly via Hightail. It sends me a link that I can send on to clients and use for group recordings multiple times. I love it is so fast and that there is no expiry date.

Cons

It's getting easier for clients to figure out how to download it, some are a bit wary of the technology and I have to repeatedly tell people how to get their file, it maybe could do with clearer instructions for the receiver to download or listen.

Rita from Rita D Ernst,EA

Hightail Spaces are lost in space

I really liked Hightail before they started messing with a great product that included an Outlook add on tool. So easy to securely share files. Now file sharing requires logging into hightail. My customers complained that they were prompted to set up a Hightail account before they could access shared files.

Pros

Hightail has a very user friendly uplink portal. And it is very reasonably priced software for a small business.

Cons

Started with "yousendit" originally and then the file sharing company reinvented itself with a name change that had no identification related to file sharing. Also, Hightail had a great Outlook add on tool that they abandoned out of the blue.

Frederick from PaulyGirl Fastpitch

Semi-Tech Challenged Retired Guy

I can sell my products electronically/digitally. I no longer need to create DVD's and physically mail them. It really saves time and expense.

Pros

I use it for a hobby business I have. I send training videos to customers using Hightail. The upload and sending speed is great. I can fulfill several orders while I am sitting drinking my morning coffee.....it is just to easy.

Cons

I would love it if this software allowed me to send but not give the customer the ability to download/save/share.....but rather had the ability to allow someone access to view for a set amount of time.

Tapan from Criteo

HighTail - Easiest way to share large files

Pros

I love that there is no restraint on storage capacity with Hightail. I can chose file of any size and share it will any number of recipients keeping a tab on who is doing what with my file. It also allows me to share a file with someone for a specific period of time. It also offer plugins so that it can be integrated within your email service so that one can share large files directly from within an email. Another feature which sets it apart from other cloud storage providers is that it also offers digital signature capability and one can read and sign the shared documents from within Hightail. So documents never leave Hightail servers and remain secure.

Cons

Hightail keeps the individual files encrypted all the time through it's sophisticated encryption technology but it doesn't allow me to generate my own encryption keys which would have made me feel more in control over my data. Customer support is also very delayed and I have faced multiple instances when the service was down.

Jason from Jason Green Photography

Industry: Photography

Great service

I send images daily and j have photographers who work for me send me images. But I'd my customers are not happy I'm not happy. They need to ba able to download the images quickly and easily without signing up for anything.

Pros

Asa professional photographer I rely on sending images to customers your service has been great.

Cons

A significant number if customers have difficulty downloading the images. They dont want to sign up for anything they just want to see their images. Sending large files is still awkward and takes a long time to download.

Javier from Rogue Planet Studio

Industry: Music

One of the best collaboration tools out there

Pros

The concept of dedicated 'Spaces'. I work with dozens of clients and each one has their own space, with its own URL.

Cons

I wish I could have folders or "sub-spaces" within a space. At the moment, I need to constantly delete old files off of each space to keep things clean when I have to upload new files. Sub-spaces would allow me to keep things organized even as I add new files.

Nikki from Colemar Design

Satisfied User

Overall easy to use, love it.

Pros

I've been using this software for most of my career. Back when it was yousendit, I find it's a great way to send proofs and get a visual confirmation of receipt and that they are capable of commenting directly onto proofs

Cons

The only complaint I have is that I have a lot of contacts and I can't seem to delete or remove old addresses. That is rather frustrating, but used to it so not a deal breaker. If that was corrected that would be the best!!

Nick from N.O.V.A. Productions, Inc.

Industry: Broadcast Media

Hightail Makes My Life Easier!

I am always sending large files to numerous clients every workday, and Hightail makes it easy to do.

Pros

With but a few (and I do mean very few) instances, Hightail has worked exceptionally well for me and my needs to transfer numerous large files frequently. Reliable, easy to use, and affordable, Hightail is my choice over all the other available services.

Cons

In the 12 plus years I have used Hightail (and it predecessor, yousendit) I really can't think of any, offhand.

Jenai from Mediascape Advertising

Great, With a few small tweaks

Overall experience with Hightail has been great. They are quick to assist with issues and overall have a great product

Pros

It is the Easiest way to share materials between colleagues and clients. With everything in one place, all can access without the need for sending email attachments

Cons

You cannot copy items between folders (only to spaces) if you are “cleaning up” and reorganizing a folder, you have to download then reupload into new folder

Sophia from LOR Geotechncial Group, Inc

Safe and Secure

Same Benefits as above, I love love love Hightail

Pros

I love this software because of its ease of use and I can send confidential documents without having to worry about safety. Also, the system itself is Fast and it will store my documents without expiring. I can also send to clients and other personnel in my office who will then be able to mark up documents and leave comments. It is my Favorite Tool!!!

Cons

I honestly have no negative remarks to make:)

Great look for client access!

Overall Hightail has been a tremendous asset. The ability to share large files easily in a beautiful way has helped me land and serve several leading clients. I highly recommend the service!

Pros

Hightail is perfect if you need to share large files in a visually appealing format to valued clients. I often use Hightail during the sales and project management stages of a relationship and it is very easy for the client to collaborate and share the files internally and externally.

Cons

There are some minor glitches every few months that cause loading issues. The default format for knowledge management is not easily usable by teams.

Jerry from realty360tours.com

Industry: Photography

Best at what they do.

I'm a professional photographer and deliver thousands of high resolution photos a month and this would not be possible without this type of quality service.

Pros

Have tried other similar products but none meet the standards set by HighTail. My clients always know they will receive there files online and know they are safely stored. Have been a customer of theirs for over 10 years so I must like the company.

Cons

As a customer for over 10 years I have found no Cons.

casey from WPMD (college radio)

Industry: Broadcast Media

Hightail has been great

The overall experience has been great. Like I said, it has meant that we can do more work, do it more quickly. For fear of you raising your prices, I have to say that it's a real bargain.

Pros

Basically, it's functionality. I advise a college radio station. With my Hightail account, I'm able to transfer files from a computer in one studio to a computer in another without the computers being networked. That makes things so much more efficient. That, plus just being able to send audio and video files quickly anywhere is just great. The lack of limits on size and frequency of use is also terrific.

Cons

There have been changes as you've gone from YouSendIt to Hightail and that meant having to figure out what I used to do so easily. With time, I've figured everything out, but it was confusing at first.

Cindy from Pro Video Content

Love Hightail!

Overall, I've been extremely happy with Hightail. I love that I can upload a series of videos in one place for feedback, and not have to worry about file size. It's fast and easy!

Pros

I'm a video producer and love that I can upload a rough cut, share the link with clients, and solicit feedback all in one place. There are lots of great tools for leaving feedback, such as the ability to draw on the screen.

Cons

Clients are often confused about how to leave feedback at specific points in a video. It doesn't seem to be intuitive that they need to click on the actual screen of the video before typing in their comments. Most just click on the pause button and then type in their comments. As a result, the comments all end up at the beginning of the video, and I have no idea which specific shots they're referring to.

James from Local Copies etc

Too many features

Ease of use and deployment, haven't really needed support.

Pros

Great features and functionality. Easily implemented, and easy to train new staff to use the software.

Cons

We originally had YouSendIt for transferring files through our website. Would love to have a "lite" version that still offered the simplicity of this service.

Reasons for Choosing Hightail

We use multiple products based upon the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Christopher from Paths and Angles

The Only Way To Transfer Large Files

My clients love Hightail large file transfer, too. They appreciate the manner in which the notifications come to them, and the ease with which they can access and download the large files I send to them. They also love the simple method for sending files to me, utilizing my uplink. I appreciate the Hightail service so much!

Pros

I had been using YouSendIt for years, and have stuck with the company through the re-branding to Hightail, and the acquisition by OpenText. I've tried other collaborative large file transfer services, but have always either found inadequacies of design, reliability issues, and poor support. Hightail is it for me! I will go nowhere else.

Cons

After the most recent redesign of the website, I have had no issues, and can't list any "cons" about the Hightail service, as used by me.

Greg from King Media Group

Hightail Saves the Day!

Hightail is my most valued business software ever. I use it daily to send large video and art files and would be hard-pressed without it. It has saved the day on numerous occasions and just keeps getting better with added features.

Pros

Hightail loads my files quickly and sends them on their way without hassle. The collaborative tools are awesome.

Cons

I can't think of a single thing. If I had to, to hit the minimum character count, I'd say...

Mike from MIKE TUNICK VIDEOGRAPHY

easy to use!

This is vitally important to my biz I use this every day sending large video files

Pros

just simple to use. You upload share the link and you're done

Cons

Only thing that would be nice if there's a way I can create a Space and have one of my subcontractors upload their video onto the space I created like you can do with Share file

Reasons for Choosing Hightail

with dropbox, the receiver has to ask permission to download. Stupid!

Thad from Boclips

Overall great feature set, could do with some functionality tweaking

I manage the content for an educational video publisher, often delivering orders as well as managing videos to be uploaded onto the site. Hightail makes it easy to do everything I need to do in one place, as well as looking professional (more so than a wetransfer link in my opinion) when delivering orders.

Pros

- The ability to send large quantities of content - The ability for people to deliver large amounts of material to me without having to create an account - The ability to collaborate with remoters on creative projects

Cons

- Sometimes deliveries fail with no warning (the upload will stop at a certain 'time remaining') and I'll have to redo it. This means I have to remember exactly what was in the last batch etc. - You can't filter your received files by anything (date, user, type etc.) - You can't filter your sent items by the same. - Sometimes downloading large numbers of files at once doesn't work (maybe that's just an unzipping problem on my end?) - Sometimes people sending content via our uplink get confused and cannot access it, or try and create an account. Perhaps confusing user flow?

Carl from Geisler Radio

HIghtail

I send out radio shows and commercials to stations all over the country and very pleased with the speed they get to my clients.

Pros

Easy to use for someone like me who is not great on a computer.

Cons

When changes are made and not notified about it. Once I figure it out everything is ok.

Reasons for Choosing Hightail

At the time it was "You Send It" and it was the only company I was aware of that provided this service.

Customer service awful! Many user features no longer in use. Constantly in decline.

Pros

The ability to easily and quickly send files.

Cons

-Customer service and tech help is AWFUL! -Website is black with dark lettering and almost impossible to see. -Ability to stream in addition to download is intermittent. Usually it is download only for the files sent. -Ability to write a message in the message box that appears in the email sent without clicking on the link has disappeared. I have been trying to find out why and have this fixed for 2 months now, -Ability to see who has downloaded specifically has disappeared unless one has a hightail account of their own that they are logged in to. Originally if you had the pro service an email would be received by the sender for every person downloading with their email listed so the sender knew who downloaded. -Max allowable 200 a day is often rolled over to the next day not reset at midnight of the next day. I finally had a phone conversation with a human after almost 8 weeks with the same issue I've bene reporting and that human promised to get back with me by the end of his shift at 4 pm PT and it is now 25 hours later and he still has not gotten back to me.

Ellen from KAAD-LP

Too Often Crashes

I send audio files to the radio station where I am programming director. I sometimes send audio files to people who request them.

Pros

Easy to use in terms of general process.

Cons

It very frequently starts saving an audio file and then stalls. After a stall happens, you have to start over if it is ever going to send. Lately it has wobbled like crazy when it is sending. That is visually alarming.

Peggy from AlwaysOn Communications

Hightail Review

I have been using/working with Hightail since it was YouSendIt many years ago. I have enjoyed the ability to send large files (I do graphic design & video creation) to clients. Have not had a need to contact customer support (that I can remember). Affordable tool for my business.

Pros

Ease of use when sending large files to clients Like the email notification when someone downloads a file Like that you can view a file before downloading Drag and drop large files to send quickly

Cons

Not a fan of email component - no formatting to email Clients are sometimes confused on if they need to create a login to download files I send them Does not integrate with my Outlook email program - need to send followup email to clients to notify another email with download links will follow

Vivian from Bluemoon Engineering

Hightail

A great platform to send large files and give access to clients and other team members.

Pros

This product is very user friendly. Easy to access stored data and reference what has been processed for future reference.

Cons

Expired links are not available for reference to the owner / sender causing me to keep things on the active list longer than I would like the client to have access.

Colleen from Planetary Activation Organization

Hightail has always responded quickly when a problem arises which isn't very often.

Pros

This software is easy to use and affordable. Most people can access the files we send through Hightail without a problem.

Cons

I don't like the black background with very light grey writing on the page that records what we have sent out. It makes it difficult when researching for a particular order.

Josh from Offwhite Co

Not sure if this is the best solution

Has served me decent, need something more fuel suite integration.

Pros

I like that it handles large files and you can send the link off to clients.

Cons

It’s limited to just doing file transfer. They tried building new features which we find completely useless. Dropbox is a far better solution esp once they get their large file transfer feature up and running soon.