All MeisterTask Reviews

Excellent

Shayla

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

I can sort of all pending and completed tasks

With MeisterTask, we can manage and work on several projects at the same time, even if we are in separate places. Using this software has the added advantage of being simple, affordable, and widely accessible, all thanks to its cross-platform interoperability.

PROS

With MeisterTask, customers may take use of this project management solution in a matter of minutes thanks to its simple and intuitive design. Managing many projects and sub-tasks at the same time is also a breeze. Good for teams/collaboration and excellent mobile applications. Kanban task management method. Exactly one year ago, I was searching for an alternative to Trello.

CONS

MeisterTask does not include a workflow calendar, which would provide for a more full picture of the productivity of a project.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

Sections of completed tasks, pending, scheduled and delayed can all be reordered. I also enjoy that MeisterTask has a component for cooperation, which helps me and my coworkers to finish jobs more quickly and with each other's assistance.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review, Shayla! It's always great to hear from users who've benefited from our collaborative Kanban-tool. :D I've forwarded your suggestion regarding a workflow calendar to our project manager, who is always happy to collect and consider user feedback. In the meantime, you might want to try out direct integrations with Google Calendar and iCal. We'd also love to hear more about your experience with MeisterTask, including any improvements or suggestions you might have! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @MeisterTask if you have any feedback. Thanks again, Your MeisterTask Team

Replied June 2022

Jessica

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2023

MeisterTask helps teams manage tasks and collaborate

MeisterTask is an excellent method of task management and general organization. It's a terrific tool for teamwork because it's simple to learn and implement. The only drawback is that the free plan doesn't offer many many features, and the mobile app isn't very advanced either.

PROS

MeisterTask is an outstanding application for managing one's time and ensuring one's productivity. The layout is simple to understand and fun to interact with. To help users stay on top of their work, their teams, and their projects, it is equipped with robust capabilities.

CONS

MeisterTask's limited functionality and lack of customization possibilities in the base subscription is a drawback. The mobile app also misses some of the more advanced capabilities seen on the website.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

MeisterTask is a fantastic task management solution with a straightforward UI that facilitates efficient project management. I like that I can easily set deadlines for projects and delegate them to different team members. The teamwork tools are fantastic, making it simple to coordinate with my colleagues and stay on top of our work.

Federico

Investment Banking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Very nive product in the free version but only three projects allowed!

Very good projects, easy to use and their organization is great.

PROS

Great user interface, beautiful colors and excellent organization.

CONS

Unfortunately, the free version only allows three projects, in Trello there are unlimited projects.

Reason for choosing MeisterTask

Because its paid version had all the indicators we needed.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

Better and nicer user interface

Hi Federico, thanks very much for reaching out! We're glad that you found MeisterTask to be both intuitive and beautiful, but sorry sorry to hear you were disappointed in the free version's limitations. Unfortunately, it is expensive to maintain our apps and websites, so we do have to charge for certain features. Be sure to check out our affordable tiered subscription services at MeisterTask.com/pricing to learn more about an option that best suits your team's needs. Best, The Meister Team

Replied November 2021

Becky

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

In conclusion, the finest project management tool

It's the finest app for managing tasks I've used so far. It's a professional-grade kanban app that doesn't skimp on ease of use. I keep track of time and tasks for both my personal life and my business life using this app.

PROS

MeisterTask is an Andriod app that I use for both personal and professional purposes. I've been using it on a personal level to keep track of my own tasks and reminders. In my current project, we are utilizing it to assign work at the team level, make notes, and schedule reminders for when certain activities need to be finished. These are just a few examples of how we put it to use on a regular basis; other applications include project management, time tracking, and a host of others.

CONS

Features for individual users of the free version can be expanded. Perhaps it's an Android device flaw, but notifications don't always appear when they should.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

We can take use of features sufficient for personal usage even with the most fundamental plan. So yet, I can think of no context in which its use would be inappropriate. While these are more commonplace use, we also use it for monitoring time and organizing projects.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of MeisterTask. It's great to hear that you find the app to be the finest project management tool, and that it's serving both your personal and professional needs. We're glad that you're able to take advantage of features even with the most fundamental plan, and that you find the app to be both professional-grade and user-friendly. We apologize for any issues you've encountered with notifications not appearing, and will work to improve this experience in the future. Thanks for your support of MeisterTask!

Replied February 2023

Kelly M

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

It has several wonderful features that make me more productive

MeisterTask is excellent; it offers a plethora of useful features that will boost your productivity on your various assignments. The program is used by my entire team for both everyday tasks and project management. It's simple, quick, and available on all of our gadgets. It's something we use every day.

PROS

I like how clean and uncluttered it is, as well as how simple it is to navigate around the various parts. The lack of clarity in many of the project management tools was the most aggravating aspect for me. The number of symbols and sentences is almost usually out of control. My clients were able to comprehend Meistertask since it is bright, straightforward, and easy for them to use.

CONS

It is possible to add tasks by clicking the addition (+) sign in between tasks on mobile devices, however it is not possible to do so on a PC. It should be geared for individuals who work independently, and a pricing range should be established for those who aren't receiving assistance from their employer.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

it all the time to keep track of my own and my team's progress. MeisterTask is a terrific way for me to keep track of everything I need to get done on this project.

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

The 3rd place for Coms: Group Notes

MeisterNote is a wonderful addition to our internal toolset. Along with the other Meister products, we are growing a great internal knowledgebase. I like paying for good tools, but I'd love to be able to share these notes as read-only to the public, or to invite collaborators outside our organization. I'm our internal champion for MeisterNote and the rest of the team have grown to love these tools as well.

PROS

What I like most about MeisterNote is having a dedicated place for notes that serves as a living knowledgebase and avoids the chatter and noise of chat and email.

CONS

Not being able to publish externally is the Achillies-heel of MeisterNote. We can only use it as an internal knowledgebase. I'd love to be able to publish a single note read-only to our customers and collaborators.

Reason for choosing MeisterTask

MeisterNote vs Notion was a tough call. We still use Notion to publish notes to the web, because that feature is missing from MeisterNote. Few of our team are all-in with Microsoft products, so OneNote was not an option. Integration with MeisterTask was a big selling point.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

Google docs is OK, but too general purpose and we end up hiding information from ourselves.

Hi Mark, thanks so much for reaching out with your review! We're couldn't be more thrilled to hear that you and your team have enjoyed using MeisterNote to build your internal knowledge base :D We also understand and hear your feedback on external sharing! Our team is currently hard at work on a way to share notes across teams and externally with the world. Be sure to follow us at @MeisterNote to stay up to date on updates and new features being released soon :D Best, Andrew @ Meister

Replied January 2022

Mutegeki

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Improved project planning and management

Before Meister Task, having a centralized Project management system that allowed us to keep track of projects, assign tasks and reporting on progress was a nightmare. We find it a lot easier these days because of MT.

PROS

The software platforms are seamlessly integrated and I have access to my tasks on the go.

CONS

I haven't yet found any issues with this software but as soon as I do, I'll definitely bring them up to the dev team. However, providing for the ability to add project level resources (files and attachments) would be nice. Absence of email updates on pending tasks (not calender based) could also be useful.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

I found the Meister Task software a lot easier to integrate, no clutter, straightforward, etc

Alejandro

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Very useful and easy to sync.

It has helped us to be synchronized with my team, and be up to date with all the tasks and "to do's" of each day at work, and of course to know when do we have to hurry with a request, or with a specific task.

PROS

What I like the most about MeisterTask is the ease of use. Very easy to upload a task.

CONS

It's missing some free features that other platforms have, or at least the competitors have them in their basic plan.

Reason for choosing MeisterTask

I liked the user interface, and the ease of synchronization with all the iOS devices. Also that you can create many projects without paying more.

Ana

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Ideal to work with your team

My overall experience with MeisterTask is very positive, Good experience. Takes time assign task and get everything ready but absolutely worth it.

PROS

MeisterTask is ideal to work with your team and have a better view of your project, tasks and progress. What I like most about MeisterTask is the possibility to attach elements like pictures, notes, files, etc. It is a good option if you want to schedule tasks and priorities. I like you can connect MeisterTask with MindMeister, it is very useful

CONS

I think the MeisterTask team are doing a good job offering all the features possible to make our business easy and effective.

Reason for choosing MeisterTask

Easy to use, the possibility to work with multiple users and the way we can assign tasks

Francisco

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Better than Trello

Its great, better than the alternatives, and has better interface

PROS

I can create kanban boards easily and manage them via the app seamlessly. Also I can create unlimited projects and review them in real time.

CONS

Actually for the way I use it I dont find any problems and havent reached any impasse due any limitations. I can create unlimited projects with ease.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

Trello is limited in a lot of ways and has a lot of payment barriers

Adam

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams

It's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.

PROS

It's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.

CONS

I personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

Pricing. We saved hundreds of dollars annually by leaving Zoho Projects.

revel

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Serves my purposes

I use Meistertask in two different jobs. One, with a team, to move individual participation in a larger project through a specific process. The other is to keep tickets on tasks with complex and repetitive "do lists" in order to move those tickets through a larger process involving registration and licensing of machinery. In both cases I am generally satisfied with the flexibility of Meistertask towards my needs and project management style.

PROS

It's not got a heady learning curve. It's pleasant to look at. New team members catch on at once.

CONS

Comments should be dated rather than "two days ago" for accuracy. Data export needs to be more agile. Task timing needs a label feature (identification of each time frame timed)

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

Meistertask was suggested to me by a friend on a complex project team. I found it to suit my needs better than Trello at the time.

Hi Revel, Thank you for your review! When you hover over comments in the Activity and Comment section, the date and time when they were posted will be displayed. Point taken though, we may want to display it right away instead of "x days ago" - i'll forward your suggestion to our developers, as well as your further ideas. We appreciate the feedback :) Best, Your MeisterTeam

Replied April 2021

Danny

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Fresh and nice Look - just up to date

Quite simply, it is now possible to get a comprehensive overview of ongoing projects, all of which is still very clear and up-to-date. It's also great that there is an app that works really great.

PROS

We use the software internally to organize several departments and track their progress. At the beginning the employees were a bit overwhelmed, but they got used to it really quickly. Meanwhile, everyone is convinced of MeisterTask and cannot imagine working without it.

CONS

Meanwhile I have to admit that we lack nothing. In addition, the software is constantly being expanded and there are always new features.

Reason for choosing MeisterTask

Especially because there is a good app. many use MeisterTask on the go, so it was important to us that there was a well-functioning app. We also liked MeisterTask from the start.

Hi Danny, thanks so much for reaching out! Wow, we're thrilled to hear how much you and your team have enjoyed using MeisterTask! :D Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MeisterTask to stay up to date on new features and updates coming soon! Thanks again, The Meister Team

Replied November 2021

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Enjoying Meister

In over all I like it I can have different projects and people and I can run all in easy way

PROS

The UI is nice, and what I most love is you can track your time! and make relations between cards

CONS

the price! definitely if I want to make pro I'm not sure that I can pay for it yet is not there something that make me feel that have great value for be pro

Reason for choosing MeisterTask

Well Trello I like it but the way you make your frame and ad cards is a little confusing for me, and time tracker of master task is something I like Monday is not something I enjoy to use and hard to make other people to use!

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

Was so much easy to work with this and the flow and the time tracker

Benjamin

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

A perfect balance between utility, useability and design

I am collecting the workflows of all of my different personal and professional projects into different boards and then into one intgrated dashboard. The ultimate friendship between power and simplicity. And then it also looks very beautiful! I really can't work with apps on a daily basis of they do not look nice, so I am very happy to have found this powerful, flexible, and intuitive software that also takes the cake when it comes to aesthetics!

PROS

MeisterTask strikes, for me, the perfect balance between the different aspects of a task system. It has all the functionalities that I have been looking for, for my project workflow system. I can create multiple kanban (Trello-like) boards for my different projects, yet see all of my due tasks from all of the different boards on one single dashboard. This way I can keep all of my different tasks and workflows organized, yet consult only one place to decide on my next activity. It also functions in a very intuitive way, and looks just beautiful. I especially love the option to have a daily changing photo on the home screen.

CONS

So far there is nothing at all I dislike about this software, which is a huge surprise for me. I have been looking for "the perfect" project workflow system for myself, and MeisterTask might be the one I have been looking for for so many months. There is only one smal technical improvement that I would suggest to the creators, which is the option to automatically assign newly created tasks to myself, so that I don't need to perform that as a routine action.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

The kanban functionality and the ever-so-slighly better design (any.do also looks very nice)

Estefano

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Great App

Like I said, it's great. Just I would add some feature that allows you to change the view from "task columbs" to a calendar, instead of have to go to google calendar. But maybe it would be overcomplicated, so the simplest the better. Less is More ;)

PROS

The best of this app is the simplicity of create and organize tasks. You can assign tasks to the members of your team and that´s so powerfull. I plan all my proyects, business stuff and also my life objectives and routines. I didn't try the premium plan, but I am sure that his connectivity with other apps are also great.

CONS

I like everything in general. Just I had some problems at notifications on the mobile app, cause many times I haven't received the messages or deadline times notifications. Maybe is a mobile problem and not because de app, but I know other people that had the same issue.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

I know that they are so similar, but for me Meister Task was more easy to understand cause the design and the clear performance.

Josh

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Extremely Helpful Application

My experience has been excellent so far. The software is very functional and reliable.

PROS

The program was easy to set up and functions exactly as I need it to.

CONS

It would be helpful to enable custom fields; nevertheless, I have been able to work within the existing structure well. It would also be helpful to add vertical rows. As I have it configured, each column represents a stage in the task process. In my line of work though we migrate changes between domains, which means the process repeats for each domain that we migrate to. Vertical rows would represent the progression through the domains.

Reasons for switching to MeisterTask

I wanted to install the software on my Mac laptop.

Hi Josh, thanks so much for reaching out! Happy to hear that MeisterTask has helped streamline your workflow! I've forwarded your feature request to our product team - be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MeisterTask to stay up to date on new features! Best, The Meister Team

Replied June 2022

Reviewed December 2019

Excellent task management tool

PROS

MeisterTask is an easy to use tool covering all the functionalities I need for everyday work.

CONS

Sometimes it's difficult to make fully transparent complex interdependencies between tasks.

Reason for choosing MeisterTask

MeisterTask has more complex tools for task management.