• Pros

• "I love how easy it is to use and all the engagement I can get out of it without any other distractions. I love the Masterclass which really helped me learn so much more about it."

• "I love the close, sheltered experience my members get when they join me in our group - they can focus, be honest, and stay on track without distractions or worries about information getting out."

• "It is mostly intuitive and easy to use, navigate, get to know. The same ease-of-use is experienced by most new community members - and this IS our member experience priority! "

• Cons

• "Some of the start-up choices for structure were confusing, but the online support to address the confusion was fabulous!"

• "Limited options for 3rd party payment platforms. "STRIPE or nothing" is no choice. "

• "Integrating with another software in order to share video is still a work in progress but it is possible and there is promise that there is more to come!"

Browse Mighty Networks Reviews

Justin from The Principal Center

Instant Community, Courses, and Commerce

We are using Mighty Networks to host community discussions, contests, and blog posts. Every step of setup has been seamless, and it has been a great experience for our members migrating from a Facebook group.

Pros

Easy setup and true self-contained, branded social network features for community creators

Cons

Would like more custom field options under user profile settings

Better community features

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

Thanks Justin! We're happy to hear that you found the setup seamless and that it's been a great solution for migrating your members from a Facebook Group.

Zac from Youth Ministry Booster

The Key To Our Success!

It works great! Fluid, functional, and reliable!

Pros

MN is the product that enabled us to do what we were good at doing, at scale! The team behind MN wanted and fought for our success to make community coaching at scale feasible, exciting, and affordable. If you are a coach or community builder there is no better first party platform than Mighty Networks!

Cons

They were a little slow at getting some features off the ground but the wait was worth it!

Reasons for Choosing Mighty Networks

Podia is solid alternative but the native app and development were far superior (and more glossy) inside of MN!

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied December 2019

Thanks Zac! We love having Youth Ministry Booster on the Mighty Networks platform. We appreciate all you do for your community.

Darryl from Moody Publishers

Industry: Publishing

Good but not perfect

Mixed experience. Good platform, but I wanted a bit more control.

Pros

It is a good alternative to big social media platforms. It allows a lot of features that encourage participation.

Cons

We used it as a course platform, and felt a bit frustrated that we couldn't control some of the features.

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the feedback Darryl! We'd love to hear what you wanted more control over in the Courses feature.

John from Self-employed

Price

Pros

Easy to use and a lot of features. Ready to go.

Cons

The Free version is very limited. The next step up is the Community Plan which is NOT $23 per year but $23 per month. With the Free plan, you do not get your own domain, topics (absolutely needed), or access to your members. I think BBPress on WordPress is a better option at a less monthly cost.

Reasons for Choosing Mighty Networks

I choose Mighty Networks first.

Jeff from Artnerd Society

Mighty Networks for Community Empowered Learning Experiences

I have been using Mighty Networks for a little over two years now and it has been great to see the platform develop and grow. The people at Mighty Networks are fantastic and their availability, feedback, and knowledge have fundamentally and positively altered how I am approaching my business and how I teach. Community empowered education is the future of online learning and Mighty Networks is a fantastic starting point for those interested in designing free or paid collaborative learning experiences.

Pros

The power of MN lies in its core focus on community design and engagement. It is easy to get started, produce content and engage with members in various contexts. The community surrounding the software and the support from the people at Mighty Networks is incredibly strong and transcends the use of the software. They are supportive not just in using the software but also in designing meaningful and successful digital communities.

Cons

As with any third-party platform, there are substantive limitations to the customization and design options available to hosts. There is no "getting under the hood" to tweak usability, SEO, functionality, default member settings, member communications, landing page design, etc. The course design options within the network are solid but lack many features of comparable offerings like Teachable and Thinkific. The strength of the course options lay in its community-first approach to learning experiences but if you require detailed student tracking, dedicated project spaces, integrated feedback options, etc. other LMS options would be a better fit.

Reasons for Choosing Mighty Networks

The community building options, as well as the potential for student collaboration, is much much stronger within Mighty Networks. My long term strategic goals align more with a community first, content follows approach to creative education and mighty networks core values and approach are a solid fit.

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

We really appreciate this thoughtful review Jeff and are honored to hear that our approach to community design has impacted your own teaching.

Jeffrey from Purposness

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

The Platform For Co-Creating A Purposeful World

The software is very easy to use and the guides and templates to set up your own community are excellent. It makes it very easy to launch a functional community in a very short time

Pros

Mighty Networks will be the platform that facilitates the emergence of humanity into our next level of civilization. Because it is focused on enabling creators with a purpose to capitalize on the immense value of our collective intelligence and communal creativity.

Cons

I really have not found something I do not like

Reasons for Choosing Mighty Networks

The architecture and functionality is much more in alignment with the concept of communities of shared-purpose

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your big-picture view of what's possible when we enable creator-led communities, Jeff. We're right there with you and appreciate your feedback on your experience with Mighty Networks.

Alex from Creating a Brand

The Future of Digital Community

My experience has been amazing. I am 100% satisfied with Mighty Networks as a company and a product. The future of digital community is being build on the foundation that Mighty Networks is setting.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is the beautiful simplicity of the software. Although it's easy to use and clean, it also has a wide range of features that are continuously being added. Everyone who has joined my community has said the same thing, "This is amazing!" People love Mighty Networks because it is a true community builder!

Cons

It's difficult for me to find any cons or even constructive criticism for Mighty Networks. From my conversations with the MN team, I know we're still at the beginning. Perhaps I can mention a few enhancements that I'd like to see (I'm sure these are on the way) 1. No native video (Ideally, I'd be able to upload video directly within MN.) 2. Lack of ways to pay out ambassadors (Having simpler ways to pay members for referrals would be helpful as well.) 3. No "live" features inside of the program (I'd like to "go live" with my entire audience without having to leave MN.)

Reasons for Choosing Mighty Networks

I evaluated every alternative I could find. I did trials of multiple community platforms, there wasn't even a second place in my book. I spent hours and hours doing this research. The value of Mighty Networks is unmatched by any other community building platform on the market. Believe me, I've been through them all.

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

Thanks a ton Alex! We're glad to hear words like "beautiful simplicity" "easy" and "clean" associated with our software. Also happy to know that you're members are enjoying it!

Tara from What Works

Mighty Networks makes what we do possible

Mighty Networks has helped us build a robust private network for small business owners. We appreciate their desire to improve the software, adapt to user needs, and pioneer new ideas. It's been an absolute pleasure working with the Mighty Networks team!

Pros

Mighty Networks makes it possible for us to bring small business owners together so they can learn from each other. We appreciate having a private, well-organized space for conversation. We also love the features that help members find each other and get to know each other better.

Cons

Mighty Networks is pretty darn intuitive--but it can be a learning curve for some members. We've found this can be overcome by simply creating resources and events that help members navigate the space and experience the platform.

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

We really appreciate this Tara! Thanks for highlighting the ways it helps your members connect. We're honored to have the What Works community on the Mighty Networks platform.

Ed from Ed Troxell Creative

Forward thinking

It is a robust, easy to use program that makes it easy for anyone to build their own community and have their own app without complicated (or expensive) tech. Once they tie in more video options it will take everything to the next level!

Pros

The software has grown a lot since I first started using is a year ago. Right away I saw the benefits of this amazing software that would allow me to take my membership community to the next level – I'm a techie and I'm always ahead of the curve so this software was a perfect match!

Cons

When I first started with the software a year ago it was still being developed in terms of ease of use for providing different types of membership options which now is available.

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

Thanks so much for this review Ed! We're glad you're taking advantage of the Payment features we offer and are excited to see where you take your Mighty Network. Plus we're glad to hear it's a good fit for you as a techie who wants to ditch complicated and expensive solutions.

Lisa from The Running University

Love this platform!

I've loved everything about it so far. Very user friendly, I love all the options I have within the platform (I use the highest level plan) from having different groups to the courses I can create. I have barely tapped into everything I want to do with it. From the CEO to staff, everyone has been so helpful in engaging and responding to questions. Absolutely loved the Masterclass they offered as well!

Pros

Cons

I love a lot about it but there are some functionalities missing. I am impressed with how they respond to requests and how open they are about what they can and can't do and what items are priorities.

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

Thank you Lisa! We love hearing that you find your Mighty Network easy to use and distraction-free. We appreciate you highlighting your experience in our Community Design Masterclass too!

Elayne from Support is Sexy

Industry: Online Media

Finally, a platform that GETS me!

The support has been incredible and makes me feel confident about taking a chance on the platform, investing in it and moving my community of 446 women over to it. I've been thinking about moving from Facebook for more than a year but didn't know where to go or how to make it work. Mighty Networks was the answer.

Pros

I'm most excited to have everything all in one place for my community and to focus on really building it here. With Mighty Networks, I will be able to close my Facebook group, cancel Teachable, cancel Clickfunnels and be able to offer my community special features like the app so they can connect with other women entrepreneurs in their area.

Cons

I'm not sure there's a way to do live chats within our groups yet, but I'm sure that's coming. ;)

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

We really appreciate hearing from you Elayne and are particularly glad to know that you'll be able to bring everything together in your Mighty Network.

Scott from Arbuthnot & Associates

User Experience

Side stepping FB & L-I filters (owning contacts) and having direct access to members is great! MN team support/responsiveness and Mighty-Hosts community are real game changers. As users we feel/are connected and supported.

Reasons for Choosing Mighty Networks

The ability in 1 platform for membership, community, events, programs/courses, product sales, sub groups and communications. And the community design masterclass as an aid to getting started.

Susan from A Career that Soars!

Perfect, Safe, Global Online Community

Mighty Networks enables achievement of the B2C business goal that I've work on for over 15 years.

Pros

Mighty Network safely and intuitively supports global networks of people who share an interest. No fake news or fake ads. Easy to control content and membership.

Ideal for community builders

It has been great for building community around a topic

Pros

No ads, no algorithms, well designed and intuitive

Cons

More needs to be done to encourage members to keep revisiting the group. On Facebook groups , users have a habit of visiting groups, but they haven't with Mighty Networks. This is a big drawback for me.

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the feedback! We'll take it back to our team, as we are always looking at new ideas to help Mighty Networks Hosts keep their members engaged with things like email, mobile notifications, and messaging.

Martinus from Slow AF Run Club

Mighty Networks is a game changer!!

I've been using MN since July 2018. I am 100% satisfied with the software. Mighty Networks have been a game-changer for my business.

Pros

What I love the most about Mighty Networks is that fact that I can literally have everything in one place. MN helps keeps my community members engaged and the user interface is clean and easy to use.

Cons

It's hard to find a Con for Mighty Networks. The only thing that is on my wish list from them right now is having native video and a way to do Livestreams inside of the product. I know that is something that they are currently working on.

Patricia from Postpartum Doula Patricia

Bringing my vision to life!

I want to bring a group of people together to learn and grow and support each other as I mentor them along the way and provide access to a resource bank - Mighty Networks is just the right fit for all those things, along with one of the best customer service experiences I've had online. The team at Mighty Networks really wants you to succeed and provides all the support necessary to do that!

Cons

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied January 2020

Thank you Patricia! We're so glad you've had a great customer experience--we really are behind you. Glad to hear that you're able to bring your vision to life with a Mighty Network.

Marnie from Whidbey Institute

First impressions are great! Let's see if it stands up to the test of time.

Pros

I love the potential this shows for creating an online network for remote organization members to connect. I love the user profiles and I love the flexibility of the product.

Cons

Not crazy about the character limits on the profile page. This is a place where our users get to know one another, I wish the "about" statement could be a little longer!

Response from Mighty Networks

Replied August 2019

Hi Marnie, thanks for the review! We do give members the option to write a fairly long introduction on their profile page (600 characters). Hope that helps with what you're looking to accomplish!