• icon"My favorite part about this software is the beautiful simplicity of the software. Although it's easy to use and clean, it also has a wide range of features that are continuously being added."
  • icon"Our network has many teachers from across the country that love the setup and ease of use and wish their district used this instead of other products they are required to use."
  • icon"I love the potential this shows for creating an online network for remote organization members to connect. I love the user profiles and I love the flexibility of the product."
  • icon"The downside is teaching people how to get into our community."
  • icon"We used it as a course platform, and felt a bit frustrated that we couldn't control some of the features."
  • icon"I also really hate that we have internal and external plans for workshop sign ups. It is a bad business plan to add key strokes to any process asking for a sale."

Browse all Mighty Networks Reviews

• Have you used Mighty Networks and would like to share your experience with others?

Marc

Time used: Unspecified

Mighty Networks User Review

Ani

Build Your Community With Ease

Very positive, they have good educational weekly programs that will help you in your journey to build your community.

Pros

How you can build a community, individual groups, paid or free, create courses all in one platform.

Cons

How their payment system was set up. I also couldn't setup an affiliate program for my course.

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

At the time the price was very compatible with similar products, also a friend was using and she recommended.

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

I wanted to have a place where I can not only build online courses but also build a community.

Susan

Terrific for Creators and Community

Our goal was to create a global community committed to leadership and career development. One where privacy was assured and time zones could be easily spanned. The option of delivering courses in various formats along with posting content and other events makes MN the perfect platform for reaching our goal.

Pros

Mighty Network (MN) is an extremely robust platform for creating and nurturing a community of people with shared interests and a focus on transformation of some kind. It offers a wide range of options and a terrific support team of MN employees and other users. The design is values-driven and the MN team are constantly enhancing it for ease of use and functionality.

Cons

The wide ranging options made start-up a bit complicated, but that was handled well by the support team, the Community Design course and the generous comments of other users.

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

Facebook is just plain evil. The disinformation rife in the platform and the unethical sharing of information meant we had to look elsewhere. We love that fact that with MN we own the data and it can't be shared by MN. A generic website or blog were too limited in what they offered and would have required multiple add-ons in order to offer events and courses.

October 2022

Switched from Facebook and never looked back

Pros

I used to use Facebook groups to manage my groups and host my courses separately, but MN allows me to manage my members and give them access to my content/courses. This has been a game changer for me as I have my content and membership in one location. MN is easy to navigate, the team are also fantastic always adding value on how to use the software. The customer service is also outstanding and responds quickly.

Cons

I think the learning curve, especially for my members from Facebook who are not tech savvy. It has taken them a while to get used to the MN and some of them have left, however, I am in the progress of signing up new members as they seem to adapt faster to the software.

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

I wanted to spend less time on Facebook and MN gave me the ability to host my members and content/courses.

Below expectations

I am part of 2 communities that run on Mighty Networks, both of which offer training that I find useful. However I find the platform so unpleasant to use that I don't log in as often as I ought to

Pros

It is possible to run a community here with events, documents, trainings and all kinds of resources made available Gives an alternative to running groups on Facebook as many people don't want to have a FB account

Cons

Not intuitive to navigate, making it hard to find exactly what you are looking for - just feels rather clunky

Avery

May 2022

Lots of potential here, but I've ultimately gone with something else.

Overall this platform has potential, but there were too many issues, too many downsides, and too many complaints from my customers to keep it. I'm now testing out other platforms that have courses and community integrated and will see how it all goes.

Pros

- community directly linked to the courses - one off courses as well as membership tiers available - events and links to Zoom - mobile app

Cons

- video and audio playback is buggy - community chat is also buggy and doesn't always update and requires a manual refresh - users said the Ux Interface was hard to navigate and they couldn't always find what they were looking for. - they ALSO charge a transaction fee on top of the monthly subscription fee for the platform

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

Because of the integrated community component as well as the app.

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

I wanted a platform where my audience wouldn't be distracted by everything else going on on Facebook, and to know that I had control of who saw what on the platform. I also wanted a community to be linked to my course, so I knew that something like Mighty Networks was what I was looking for. But sadly it wasn't the final option for me.

Response from Mighty Networks

Hi Avery, we just shipped a fix for the playback issue you described. And our navigation updates later this year should streamline any UX issues. We still feel when it comes to courses and community in one place, there's no product like Mighty on the market. We'd love to host you again in the future!

Replied May 2022

Taryn

September 2022

Starting w/a Following vs. From Scratch

Overall, I've used MN for a company that had a small following and it's been a wonderful place for community to thrive and folks are still poking around at all the resources that are available! However, I did also start one for my personal coaching business and without a following it's been tricky to funnel folks in even using the tactics they tell you.

Pros

I have been project manager getting our community site up and running AND I've started a MN for my own company. I do appreciate how supportive the resources and livestreams MN creates are for folks getting started. There's a robust amount of customization and they add new features regularly based on feedback. I've dreamed up multiple ways to use their 'course' feature (resources, course, ambassador resources, table of contents, session notes) -- and MN allows you the customizing ability to change language around how their courses are labeled within.

Cons

MN is limiting in it's features for plans. There have been a few times I've had an idea for how I'd like to accomplish, price and sell a plan, but am unable to do so based on their configuration. Also, I don't think it's intuitive for community members to navigate (and I'm tech savvy). You could see this in your free trial, but it does take a while to get the hang of all the different 'containers' and how to get back to the main feed from those containers + customizing all the settings for different groups (great feature, just a lot to customize).

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

We wanted to charge access to the community + resources

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

The paid feature was attractive.

Eva

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Haven't regret the move for one second

Pros

In a matter of weeks we were ready to launch our new community with several existing online courses moved over. Producing content is very easy. To get everything in one was very valuable for us - course platform with payed or free courses, enrolment and drip feed as well as a community platform with the ability to interact with other members. Available as apple and android app, our members can all of the sudden access their courses from their phone, without us having to develop and maintain two apps ourselves. Huge.

Cons

There are still features that we are hoping will get there. Like more drip feed settings and the ability to give a member access to a whole course at once even if it's drip fed to mention two. But we have made it work with existing features and the value largely overcomes some details we hope will be available in the future.

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

Everything in one. Know-how from the Mighty Network team on running communities. Less work with setting up and configuring the platform. Our users can access their practices in an app!

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

We wanted community features and easier to create course content.

Response from Mighty Networks

So glad to hear that this has been a successful transition for you Eva, and that you and your members are taking advantage of the native mobile apps. We look forward to continuing to support you with more upgrades to features in the future!

Zac

The Key To Our Success!

It works great! Fluid, functional, and reliable!

Pros

MN is the product that enabled us to do what we were good at doing, at scale! The team behind MN wanted and fought for our success to make community coaching at scale feasible, exciting, and affordable. If you are a coach or community builder there is no better first party platform than Mighty Networks!

Cons

They were a little slow at getting some features off the ground but the wait was worth it!

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

Podia is solid alternative but the native app and development were far superior (and more glossy) inside of MN!

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

Slack was too text heavy for our audience.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks Zac! We love having Youth Ministry Booster on the Mighty Networks platform. We appreciate all you do for your community.

Replied December 2019

Jeffrey

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

The Platform For Co-Creating A Purposeful World

The software is very easy to use and the guides and templates to set up your own community are excellent. It makes it very easy to launch a functional community in a very short time

Pros

Mighty Networks will be the platform that facilitates the emergence of humanity into our next level of civilization. Because it is focused on enabling creators with a purpose to capitalize on the immense value of our collective intelligence and communal creativity.

Cons

I really have not found something I do not like

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

The architecture and functionality is much more in alignment with the concept of communities of shared-purpose

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

What I wanted to do by inviting and allowing members to contribute and engage was too difficult in NationBuilder in comparison with Mighty Networks

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for your big-picture view of what's possible when we enable creator-led communities, Jeff. We're right there with you and appreciate your feedback on your experience with Mighty Networks.

Cindi

Great Community Hosting Platform

I am using Mighty Networks to host an online software and hardware training community for my company's products. I provide both general and custom assistance with "how do I" and "what is" software questions that are not in tech support's wheelhouse and I offer tips and techniques based on user questions and needs. Answers fellow users provide to help each other are vetted for accuracy and modified if needed. We are gradually weaning people away from clogging up tech support phone lines with issues based on operator ignorance. Thus far only 2% of our users are taking advantage of this service, so there's a lot of growth to come.

Pros

1. Mobility: Mighty Networks ability to enable me to create a community website with paid options that could be easily accessed on a computer, tablet or phone, without me having to have extensive staff or knowledge to produce different versions of content. 2. Reliability: The software doesn't fail. I haven't had any worries about my users being able to access content or the community. 3. Support: Mighty Networks' staff has been very responsive and helpful. When I have a problem, if the answer isn't on their helpdesk, I get a return message/email within 24 hours and they walk me through the solution. 4. Growth: I like that they have a roadmap and that they continue to expand their capabilities and give users heads up when they're coming and what they're doing so that we know what to expect and whether it will benefit or impact the services we offer through the gateway of Mighty Networks. FYI, adding the automated tax solution for transactions was HUGE. I look forward to the "Spaces" innovation that is coming soon.

Cons

The biggest con for me is the lack of customer/user management features. I am not notified the instant someone cancels; in fact,. it's rare that I'm notified at all. I have to run daily reports and compare them to my existing database of members, to ensure I've welcomed everyone new, see who's been retained and who chose to leave. I can't just look at a settings file online and get a customer database and status report based on the individuals. It's a little frustrating how many outside products/apps I need to subscribe to, learn, master and keep "up" on, etc. to be able to do everything I need to do to serve my community and make it worth paying for. There's Stripe and the tax software, I can't live without Typeform to be able to steer my users to the appropriate purchase price, and I need YouTube or Vimeo to host videos, and Zoom for meetings and webinars (used to use Crowdcast Pro, have since let that go).

Jeff

Mighty Networks for Community Empowered Learning Experiences

I have been using Mighty Networks for a little over two years now and it has been great to see the platform develop and grow. The people at Mighty Networks are fantastic and their availability, feedback, and knowledge have fundamentally and positively altered how I am approaching my business and how I teach. Community empowered education is the future of online learning and Mighty Networks is a fantastic starting point for those interested in designing free or paid collaborative learning experiences.

Pros

The power of MN lies in its core focus on community design and engagement. It is easy to get started, produce content and engage with members in various contexts. The community surrounding the software and the support from the people at Mighty Networks is incredibly strong and transcends the use of the software. They are supportive not just in using the software but also in designing meaningful and successful digital communities.

Cons

As with any third-party platform, there are substantive limitations to the customization and design options available to hosts. There is no "getting under the hood" to tweak usability, SEO, functionality, default member settings, member communications, landing page design, etc. The course design options within the network are solid but lack many features of comparable offerings like Teachable and Thinkific. The strength of the course options lay in its community-first approach to learning experiences but if you require detailed student tracking, dedicated project spaces, integrated feedback options, etc. other LMS options would be a better fit.

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

The community building options, as well as the potential for student collaboration, is much much stronger within Mighty Networks. My long term strategic goals align more with a community first, content follows approach to creative education and mighty networks core values and approach are a solid fit.

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

The community building and design options within the platform were severely limited and dated (a forum) at the time.

Response from Mighty Networks

We really appreciate this thoughtful review Jeff and are honored to hear that our approach to community design has impacted your own teaching.

Pius

April 2022

Mighty Networks

Mighty Networks helped me help my customers. I was able to build a community around my business where customers help each other and we help them altogether. This kind of gave my business the superpower of having all the answers for my users because of all the content the members were contributing to the platform.

Pros

The overall simplicity of the platform in both building one and maintaining functionality. Even as a newcomer to the platform, you can build an extremely advanced community with memberships and courses, because Mighty Networks guides you through the whole process. One other thing I really like is Mighty Networks' commitment to getting your communications to your community members. You are equipped with notification tools, a website, and a mobile app for you to reach your members wherever they are.

Cons

My major problem with Mighty Networks came when I wanted to integrate its tools with third-party software using Zapier. Mighty Networks' integration with Zapier is not rich enough. For my use case, it did not allow me to send information from my network to another service I was using.

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

Overall it covered most of what I needed in my community, and it also offered a mobile app for better community access.

Response from Mighty Networks

More Zapier triggers/actions coming soon!

Replied April 2022

Ross

Combining user discussion, online courses, email list, and shareable content on one platform

Mighty Networks is where LinkedIn Groups could have been if they had not lost their way. LinkedIn would rarely solicit user feedback and always ignored it when they did interact with their users. MN actively solicits user feedback and builds that feedback into their development plans. LinkedIn changes were always surprises and disappointments. MN provides advance notice of what they are working on (or considering) and the enhancements are always excellent functional improvements.

Pros

We were able to move all of our discussions off LiinkedIn with the addition of splitting into multiple topics and sub-groups (not possible on LinkedIn). Further, we no longer need an email list program nor a separate course building platform with everything integrated on the MN platform. It is also hard to beat the availability of key people within MN when trying to push the platform to its limits. They are quick to respond and often add suggestions to their development plans.

Cons

Minor issue - moving discussion threads between topics is excellent, but replies can be lost when moving a discussion thread from one sub-group to another.

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

Did not really find anything that integrated everything we wanted to do on one platform.

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

LinkedIn Groups is limited to one topic and sub-groups were eliminated in the LI 2015 "upgrade." Teachable has limited interaction with students taking the online course. MailChimp was used as an email list to push information, both functions easily done in MN.

Ian

Mighty Networks Review

So my comment above about using the group structure is the main business benefit. I really don't think anyone else offers it. So that has been pivotal.

Pros

The main feature for me is I have the courses and the community in one place. My classes require that I have a series of groups with say 20 students. But I have 15 of them. Each group posts to their own group and interacts with that group throughout the course. Each member can go and see what other groups are doing if they are curious. But they specifically work within a small group. I do not thing any other platform allows that. Also I deal with an older demographic and I did not want to use facebook, and I wanted the teaching platform and the groups all in one place. That has been invaluable.

Cons

So I am not very good with tech. And I found for myself that I was confused about setting it up. I also think I was sort of pushing the envelope in terms of my group structure so it was not a straight forward situation. But I got good support. And now it is all simple. Because I have a lot of retirement aged students I think they have issues with the tech too. But they have problems with zoom calls too so who knows. My needs are pretty striped down other than the groups and course platform. So there are lots of features I have never used.

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

Nobody else had the multiple group function. There is a company Vanilla Forum I think that has a similar feature but it is for universities and starts at $700 a month.

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

Two reasons. Kajabi had a lot of things all in one place and that seemed like a good idea. But their community function only allowed for one group. That meant 120 people posting images in a long linear fashion made the platform useless for what I needed. And I found it a nightmare to navigate. But that was probably me.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for this detailed feedback Ian! We're glad you've found benefit in the ability to combine your courses with community and break out different cohort groups. We look forward to you getting more benefit from the other features as you grow with the platform!

Joan

Industry: Writing and Editing

Engaged members = great community = better business

I love the folks that run Mighty Networks. They truly care about their users and are constantly listening to those of us who host networks on their platform. They believe in continuous improvement and are transparent and present for their users. I feel like I joined part of an online family rather than just signing up and using some piece of software. I'm delighted with my network!

Pros

My new online community—the Gutsy Great Novelist Writers Studio—hosted on the Mighty Networks platform is fantastically engaged in a way I never saw inside my Facebook group. The writers in this community have truly become friends. They collaborate on their writing, freely share knowledge, tips and resources, celebrate and laugh and have fun together, and mostly they're just super engaged with each other in a respectful space that's ad- and distraction-free. What I love most about MN is that as the host I can offer everything in one space: online classes, private groups, live events . . . all under one roof! Ahhhh!

Cons

There's a learning curve for users that needs to be carefully managed in an onboarding process, since the users are trying something new. So the set up time is somewhat labor-intensive, but MN offers an online class to help you design things wisely so you're set up for success in that regard. Once I got that onboarding process up and running, I was in great shape, and users that pay attention can be fully engaged within a very short time.

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

I had heard enough good things about Mighty Networks to know pretty quickly that it would meet my needs, so I didn't even consider an alternative like a WordPress plugin. I loved what I saw and went for it. So glad I did.

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

I was tired of the ads and distractions on Facebook that detract from truly building a community, and the way Facebook groups are structured does not make for in-depth discussions between members. I also REALLY hated that I couldn't message all members of my FB group, nor was there an easy way to capture names and email addresses, so having the group was not conducive to list-building, which means it wasn't conducive to building my business.

Response from Mighty Networks

We really appreciate this feedback Joan and are happy to hear that you and your community have found a home on your Mighty Network where you can build real connections without distractions, while also helping you build your business. We will continue to look for ways to help our Hosts onboard their members so they can jump in and begin experiencing the community and results you are creating for them.

Alex

The Future of Digital Community

My experience has been amazing. I am 100% satisfied with Mighty Networks as a company and a product. The future of digital community is being build on the foundation that Mighty Networks is setting.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is the beautiful simplicity of the software. Although it's easy to use and clean, it also has a wide range of features that are continuously being added. Everyone who has joined my community has said the same thing, "This is amazing!" People love Mighty Networks because it is a true community builder!

Cons

It's difficult for me to find any cons or even constructive criticism for Mighty Networks. From my conversations with the MN team, I know we're still at the beginning. Perhaps I can mention a few enhancements that I'd like to see (I'm sure these are on the way) 1. No native video (Ideally, I'd be able to upload video directly within MN.) 2. Lack of ways to pay out ambassadors (Having simpler ways to pay members for referrals would be helpful as well.) 3. No "live" features inside of the program (I'd like to "go live" with my entire audience without having to leave MN.)

Reasons for choosing Mighty Networks

I evaluated every alternative I could find. I did trials of multiple community platforms, there wasn't even a second place in my book. I spent hours and hours doing this research. The value of Mighty Networks is unmatched by any other community building platform on the market. Believe me, I've been through them all.

Reasons for switching to Mighty Networks

Facebook is a distraction machine. The only goal is to keep you on the platform as long as possible. In the Creating a Brand Community, we talk a lot about productivity and time management, it doesn't seem right when our members are wasting 30+ minutes per day on Facebook... With Mighty Networks, there is no agenda to keep you online. Sometimes, members are only on for 5 minutes a day, and they don't feel like they are missing anything. We switched because we wanted to build true community and stand out as an authority... Mighty Networks helped us make this happen.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks a ton Alex! We're glad to hear words like "beautiful simplicity" "easy" and "clean" associated with our software. Also happy to know that you're members are enjoying it!

Rochelle