Browse Notejoy Reviews

Matthias from Flat Rate Content

The Linchpin for Communication

It's fantastic. It has become an absolute necessity for managing and keeping my clients happy. It is the first program I use when onboarding clients and setting up expectations and tracking progress. I made the most out of this product and program and I cannot speak higher of it.

Pros

What is there not to like? First off, it's a note taking/writing software. It sounds so incredibly boring I might cry. But it is so powerful and so easy and frankly it's fun to use. So I mandate it's usage for every client that I have because it both supplements e-mail and also replaces it. Whenever we create our roadmaps of service for the month, send out major updates, track ad performance, they are all integrated into this platform for easy usage. Additionally, I make all the clients create log-ins so they can seamlessly integrate their changes in the form of support tickets in the platform as well. With a little bit of education and clarity, NoteJoy has become one of the most multi-faceted programs for my agency.

Cons

I keep about 30-40 clients on the software at any given time. The only drawback that I have is that while it may be easy for my clients to seamlessly move between all of the notebooks they might have, it is incredibly hard for me to keep track of notebooks at times. I've suggested tagging things with colors that might get implemented at some point. The only runaround I have done is hashtag documents based on the day of the week so I can easily access their major documents on the fly. But really a visual change or indicator is needed. This is not to say that there isn't aesthetic differences you can make, I keep the program in night mode which makes it easier to read. But in the limited chance that you are going to balance 20+ notebooks at a time, you can definitely get lost at times.

Reasons for Choosing Notejoy

I don't like the center-file design schism that Google Docs has and it's a little uninspiring when it comes to switching between multiple documents and multiple clients the way I do with NoteJoy.

Holly from First Impressions Ink work

Share with everyone

My company is in contact with eachother at all times. I can see lists of price drops and edit asap if needed. My employees can send me their own personal ideas on products and we can put our heads together and tweak it as needed, from anywhere. I dont need a conference with anyone. This program does that for me!

Pros

I really admire how all my employees can see my notes, change them and write their own. We can discuss changes to items with a click of a button. I love how my employees can add their own ideas to things. I can select who I choose to send/share my notes with. I also use this as a blog for my own personal use.

Cons

Sometimes its a bit overwhelming. But i have alot going on. So it depends on how you use the program.

Reasons for Switching to Notejoy

We needed something that all.of us could access together. This was perfect.

Fadiah from Maybank

Collaborate notes with my team

Taking notes or idea with Notejoy is easy, as they can be deployed both on my computer and my android device.

Pros

Notejoy gives note taking and note management into the next level. I can create a group note that my team mates can join in and pitch their note for our project or task. It will shows which member are adding the note or editing the note and avoid confusion.

Cons

I have a problem with the web clipper. There are no option to select a specific section of the website that i want to clip, and it will clip the entire area of the website. I will have to use Microsoft Paint to crop the clipped website. It will be helpful if the software can clip a specific section of the website.

Biswajit from Altis Infonet Private Limited

Notejoy - to make a personal note or share with office.

It was well to use. At first, I also faced problems on how to use this software question. With time learned all features. Over all this one is good to use with best time expences.

Pros

To make a document type notes quickly and to share the personal or General notes with the Viewer easily. Here one feature is, the user can provide accessibility to the other users on the note that is a really cool feature. By the feature, we can easily point out who can edit or moderate or view. To compare to others software this one is the best to use.

Cons

Almost all features are good to use but one thing I must say - for the new users it's not easy to understand all those features which are helpful. So I will say tutorial should be easy for new upcoming users.

Sushil from Welclick Studio

Industry: Photography

Notejoy for both personal and professional note taking

Notejoy has dramatically helped us capture, share and manage any ideas, concepts, website contents, and checklists. The bigger picture is that it has become an entire database of information that helps me remain intact and productive in my personal and professional work schedules.

Pros

Notejoy allows users to categorize their notes, supports the creation of numerous notebooks, and has excellent search functionality. Also, it has a feature that lets users clip entire web pages for future references.

Cons

Since it's an internet-based notebook solution, it is impossible to access it as offline mode, which is the notable downside, especially when there is no internet connection.

Steven from RYCO Inc.

Evernote + Slack = Notejoy

- We were able to create a database of changes we made in another software - I am now able to create notes regardless of where I am as long as I have internet connection.

Pros

- Very fast - Accessible on all channels I'm using (web, windows, Android) - user friendly - collaborative with history on the changes and who made the changes - Works like slack but better pricing

Cons

None except I'm not able to use it on my android app if my mobile data is weak, But so far I am very happy with my purchase. I was able to convince my manager to buy so we can create a library of logs in our business.

Reasons for Choosing Notejoy

More choices to segregate notes into folders and categories.

Reasons for Switching to Notejoy

Notejoy was better as it has folders and

Edmond from Wikibuy

Perfect for sharing ideas with your team without wasting time in another meeting!

I get the piece of mind that all my information isn't just on my device in the event of a loss/accident with my personal machine. I also get the real-time feedback/notes/questions from my team. When we're all throwing in on a note or document while in our own workspace at our own pace, it makes getting larger projects complete a much less stressful event.

Pros

With Notejoy, we're able to all throw ideas on a page while we're working and not stop everything for a meeting. The collaborative functionality of it is what is really wonderful. We can keep documentation for processes in one place and see when it's updated and by whom. The metrics provided are really a neat touch. Mobile use is much easier than some of the same players in the space. It's also very quick and easy to use in a hurry, unlike another service we used that always seemed laggy and resulted in people just staring at something load during a meeting and breaking the rhythm. Compared to what we were using, it's much more structured and organized. We've moved all our notes and documents over from other platforms to Notejoy.

Cons

Notejoy is great and I don't really have any cons to list. With many collaborative tools like this, the hardest part is getting everyone on your team to stick to it and not fall back into old habits. It's not something I need, but I could see some employees needing constant reminders to use/update/reference the notes.

Feramy Jezreel from Marketing and Advertising/Self Employed

Note Joy - Portable Notebook

Overall, I am impressed with notejoy's performance and it's built-in functions. It helps me in safekeeping of my notes and also it help me communicate with my clients with ease.

Pros

What I like most about Note Joy is its portability. With its features you can bring your notes anywhere and access it throughout your devices. Also, it is easy to collaborate with your team when you are doing a project. It gives you freedom to take down notes and don't have to worry if it will be lost.

Cons

The least I liked about Note Joy is that it has less functions. Like I can't draw in the notes.

Al from Fandor

cool, but not sure about the business use case

Pros

It's a very capable WYSIWYG team note taking app, rivaling yet still staying well clear of being a full-fledged word processor by providing only two HTML heading styles and no typeface/font choices -- in many ways a good thing, because excessive formatting capabilities can get in the way of doing the actual work of writing things down.

Cons

It doesn't give ANY control over typeface or default font, though you can use the zoom capabilities on the view menu of the desktop app or of your browser to change the size of the display. Also, it's hard to understand where this app fits into the business world, especially because it allows embedding of Google and Microsoft documents -- if you have those things already (especially Office 365 in the case of Microsoft), would you really turn to an external app when Google Docs (and Sheets and Slides, etc.) are already part of your world? Unlike an online whiteboard app, for instance, a passable (if somewhat pale) substitute for Notejoy already exists in your office software suite. I'm currently using it with friends whom I no longer work with, so Google Docs is less of an obvious option, and in this case Notejoy truly provides a capability that makes more sense than what we already had easily available, because it's a single location rather than having to share individual Google docs from personal accounts to a random (from Google's point of view) group of Gmail users.

Alfredo from Bricklane Capital

Industry: Investment Management

Great app for note taking

For me it was a change for good from other note taking apps such as google Keep or evernote. Also it's built on the purpose of sharing. Although I use it on a more personal note, i love that it is way faster than evernote, and also that the tech support team is always there. I wrote about a new functionality (being able to create tables) and the CEO answered me! not only that, but they told me about their roadmap and releases, which for me was very helpful.

Pros

I like that it's easy to take notes, organize your files. It's a faster version of Evernote, and a lot snappier. I enjoy most of it's functions, specially that you can copy paste almost any kind of file. It's also very fast compared to other note taking apps

Cons

If you're offline, it won't work. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's something they plan on resolving, but it's as annoying as google docs when you're offline. Sometimes I want to check my notes while on the plane or simply right something while being offline, with Notejoy you can't do that yet.

Ashley from Advent Health

I love this notetaking software!

I use notejoy on a weekly basis to take notes for my multiple online classes and I will never go back to taking notes on paper

Pros

I love how easy it is to take notes on this program. I use it on my ipad to take notes during class and it has so many features to give me the best notes!

Cons

I don't have any issues with notejoy. The program works wonderfully for a free program. It has many tools to make your notes beautiful

Bill from JPMorgan Chase & Co.

The best way to collaborate over notes

Pros

Notejoy makes it very easy to collaborate with teams and stay on top of key documents. I tend to use it as a replacement to Evernote and Google Docs - it's much better for sharing, commenting, and working together than the former and more structured, organized, and powerful than the latter. It's easy to create notes and update them, file and organize them, and invite people in and see their edits, revisions, comments, and suggestions. Even in a large document, Notejoy makes it simple to call a teammate's attention to a specific passage that's most relevant to them, and a sidebar allows for a running conversation across team members. I've largely ditched other note-taking and collaboration software and moved all my workflows over to Notejoy and have enjoyed using it for the past year, and highly recommend it in both professional and personal settings.

Cons

There are always more features being rolled out and the team behind the product is quite responsive and attentive. Given I travel frequently and don't always have access to internet, I'm hopeful that Notejoy will be able to accommodate offline access. However, given 90% of my time is in a connected environment, it's not usually an issue.

Hanah from SheWrites4theLord

Industry: Writing and Editing

Notejoy is Simple, Yet Worth It

Overall, I had issues trying to organize my projects and ideas. Also, I needed something like this,so I won't have to rewrite or copy/paste work notes I have written. This helps me do this with the duplicate option in Notejoy. I don't have to write the same thing that I need copied. I don't have to write by hand the same thing I need copied because the duplicate option does it for me. So cool! Great problem solver.

Pros

I love this software. It's so simple to use, but it helps me keep track of my work. I absolutely adore the word counter option that is apart of Notejoy. I haven't seen any other simple note taker like this one have a word counter. I needed this so bad when I write or work on project ideas to share with other team members. This helps me know how many words I must write or continue to write before I send my work off for review. I also like how you can easily add other team members to your note work. I can also easily add other team members to certain folders as well. There is another option I like which is the recent notes section on the left hand side of Notejoy. This reminds me of certain email services where there is a recent folder where your recent work goes inside. When I open a software I like to go right to what I recently worked on. I don't like searching around for my work. There is also another option that I like where I can keep my own personal note documentation on private. There is stuff I am working on individually. I need that area to work on my ideas before I send them out or get someone else I know to review it. Finally, I also like the duplicate note section. This is such an awesome button. When I finish my notes I can click that button and it pulls up the same exact notes I was just working on! This is really cool! A note-takers dream!

Cons

I don't like how there aren't many other colors or font colors you could use. I mean I would love to see hundreds of colors or an area where you can make your own color. Also, it would be nice to have themes or a theme list.

Great note taking software

Notejoy is backed by a great founding team that has built several global products. Their support is unparalleled. The founders read every suggestion and are always responsive to ideas. The tool continues to delight - I have used it to collaborate with my team in documenting product requirement documents which the developer team, as well as account teams, consume to give me feedback and collaborate.

Pros

Notejoy is my direct replacement for Evernote. It allows the ability to store notes of importance in neatly organized folders thus allowing me to club notes in a logical order. It also allows the ability to give folder-wise access to users. This ensures that only the right people are reading the documents. The ability to comment real-time and give alerts on who viewed / edited a document bring in a lot of transparency and auditability. I also really like the search feature. I have seen the product evolve and continually add new features.

Cons

The tool does not yet have tables. That is an essential element that Quip seems to already have. Also, the ability to import documents from Evernote is important (their feature requests page seems to show that it is in the works)

The Joy of Notejoy

My experience with Notejoy really is turning out to be a “joyful” experience. I was a long-time, heavy Evernote user, but its bloat and expense finally became too much for me. So far, Notejoy seems just right—and I am enjoying it more than other alternatives.

Pros

Notejoy is relatively new, but it seems like a winner, with very responsive customer support, a willingness to integrate customer feedback and suggested features into their product cycle, and an already very capable cloud-based notes application, down the same road as Evernote, OneNote, and others. It offers a little more structure and organization than some of its competitors, which can be especially attractive if you are new to this market and haven’t yet determined your best use case.

Cons

There are happy little quirks in Notejoy that make it unlike other software in this market, but your mileage may vary along with your level of delight for some of its features. For example, as of its current version, you can drag and drop files into the app—but they have to go inside a “note.” These kinds of choices aren’t necessarily bad—I’ve come to think of these note titles as I might a kind of “file folder” in another context—but they can be surprising and, at first, a tad maddening.

Leonard from The Smart Spartan

Facilitates effective information management & team collaboration

I love using NoteJoy. Not only is the platform really good right now, the development team continues to refine and improve the platform with excellent customer communication.

Pros

NoteJoy is an easy-to-use but powerfully-featured platform for documenting, recording, saving, sharing, creating, and editing content for individual operators and for teams. NoteJoy started off as a nice platform for creating "libraries" of notes, with each note being a document of text, links, images, videos and MP3 audio. The team has been releasing enhancements in a steady and consistent basis. They added a content clipper (via browser extension), tagging, and archiving as powerful and necessary additions. Right from the start, the platform has been "simple and interactive" by design. The interface is uncluttered. Text formatting is good without getting bogged down with features that are nice but not necessary. Best of all, a chat log is part of every document and that feature has been there from the start. This way, not only can teammates collaboratively edit documents either in real-time or in delayed fashion, they can also have a discussion about the document or matter at hand that is (a) separate from the document content itself, (b) enables user tagging to notify others when they should check in, and (c) comments can be linked to specific portions of the document.

Cons

Notes don't yet handle insertions/embeds from presentation platforms (like Beautiful.ai, Slidebean or Ludus) very well - the only workaround is to insert them as video links, and that doesn't work perfectly. A few minor quibbles about the chat function: - "likes" and engagement responses to comments or even to individual notes themselves are not very prominent - nested comments within a discussion only go one level deep

Solomon from Michaels-Costello Family

Pretty good for managing my large family's various information sharing needs... when they use it.

Pros

I like that it works with Mac and PC, phones, tablets, and laptops; pretty much every device we use can access Notejoy. In theory this should make it easy for my family members to centralize important data (household repairs, grocery lists, important phone numbers, documentation for the January car accident, etc).

Cons

I'll start by saying that I'm not your typical user my application is for a large family, not a business. You will probably have less resistance to learning a new tool than I have faced. That said, it's yet another thing to learn, and learning is hard. My people just aren't using it - they'll come up and ask me for information that I've already spent time entering into Notejoy, and when I tell them where they can find the information, they complain that they don't know how to use it. We are not talking about small children here, but a 60-year old elder and a 20-year old college student, who are both otherwise on their devices a lot. I don't know why they won't use it. I've also had some extremely frustrating moments trying to put images into a document without anything working or even acknowledging that there's a problem. (Both my iPhone and 2017 MacBook Air failed to insert the images).

Madhumita from Intuit

It is simply awesome! Find it very useful!

Part of Engineering team - Engineering Productivity, collaboration, getting stuff done and quick alignment across cross-functional teams. This tool needs more evangelism and may be good to be introduced at enterprise level. Can be partnered with other enterprise tools available like Aha, Jira etc. Once it is introduced I am sure people will stick to it. I feel another great use-case is analysts and data scientists work on sharing their analysis work. So, integrating this tool with Jupyter notebook, slack etc from engineering use-case would help. Also other visual analytics tools out there ... may be tableau... basically sharing an analysis and getting alignment quickly.

Pros

The ease of use, collaboration , annotation, search, team-space and tracking features are great. Adding table feature would have been useful.

Cons

I am unable to influence folks to adopt this though there is lots of advantages but it does not motivate folks enough to adopt. May be more awareness and evangelism will help. Last time I had tried I was very close to starting the use at LinkedIn however we got stuck at Penn test for security team.

Loren from Fishbowl

Replaced Evernote and Google Docs For Me

Group note taking and the ability to keep track of our important ideas all in one place.

Pros

Absolutely love the fact that we can now organize all of the notes across our team, have it sync'd, and let everyone collaboratively work on a document at the same time. It's less cumbersome than Google Docs (although we do add GDoc links to Notejoy still) and more team-friendly / collaborative than Evernote. The concept of "group notes" is so obvious but only until we started using NoteJoy did we realize it was an issue with all of us taking separate notes (duplicate notes) in separate locations. Now we can keep it all in one place.

Cons

Like all new software, it takes a bit of time to convince your coworkers to switch over from another platform. Once you do, though, it makes keeping track of all project related tasks and documents much simpler. Would love an offline mode too, but I think that's coming soon.

David from Growth Accelerate

As The Name Imply - "Notejoy"

I use this app daily on my Mac & mobile. I use it to jot down ideas that come to my mind when I am on the move and also my To-Do list. You might want to give it a try if you like a simple app where you can put down your notes.

Pros

- simple, responsive & intuitive user interface - comes with a mobile app whether it is Android or iOS. - I like the focus mode, word count, tagging and history feature. - integrations with Gmail, Gdrive, Trello, Slack and etc...

Cons

- I really hope they can improve the web clipper and give us the option to clip either the entire article, a small section/paragraph of what we have highlighted, the image or whatever our choice is. Rather than forcing us to clip the entire article as per what happens right now.

Ari Eko from SME-Institute.ID

collaborative become so easy

enough for my needs. notejoy give simplicity and easy way to store notes and also collabs with friends.

Pros

its simple, I always use their desktop for windows. it's so easy like using notepad but this is more convenient.

Cons

we must use notejoy with active internet connection. also sometimes their desktop program is lagging.

Matt from Miss Hall's School

Simple but powerful note taking

I've tried just about every notetaking app out there. I finally settled on Notejoy because it's faster than Evernote and OneNote and isn't overloaded with features that I don't need. This keeps the interface simple while still retaining great organization. It supports tags, has great search capabilities, and allows for the creation of many different notebooks. It's also nice to be able to type in markdown to speed things up. I don't use the collaboration features, but I've heard others mention that they're very handy for teams.

Pros

I like Notejoy because it is fast and has a clean interface that isn't cluttered with a million features that I don't need. They also release updates frequently.

Cons

There are still a couple of features that I'd like to see added, such as support for tables. Luckily, that is on their roadmap for a future update.

jeremy from Kinnek

Notejoy has been incredibly helpful for our company's organization and accessing information.

Pros

The search functionality is what I like most about Notejoy. We've created a repository of important company information and it's amazing how easy it is to find with a quick search. Previously, with everything just in google drive, it was a nightmare to find anything. The transparency of information that this has afforded our company is really great!

Cons

We don't use the comments too often. I feel like there is room to make that even better integrated with the sharing of content and that could take the product to the next level. But otherwise, no specific complaints.

A tool that makes teamwork feel easy.

Team Alignment, Productivity

Pros

This is such an amazing collaborative tool. We have started to use this to document our internal processes, training materials, daily updates, and meeting notes all in one app. Notejoy is kind of like Evernote, but with add-ons to facilitate collaboration. It has note-taking/sharing abilities with real-time editing like with google docs. This has enabled us to cut a lot of communication overhead within the team. Notes can be neatly organized in folders and the tool has great access control features enabling access to only authorized team members. I also use this for a lot of my personal notes. The tool also integrates well with Trello which makes it possible to track detailed project requirements, so Notejoy helps Trello look good!

Cons

The software does not support the addition of tables just yet, but I do know it is on their roadmap. It's an evolving product, but really fast and their team is super responsive. I am hopeful they will be addressing this very soon!

Luka from Blow

Meanly nothing to say, Notejoy is a great tool for my productivity!

A lot of productivity, I repeat my self but so true!

Pros

Instantaneity! Everything is smooth! We can collaborate very easily, and see each other's changes in an instant. Checkboxes, images, text formatting everything's here! :-)

Cons

Minor bugs at reconnection when I lost internet, and I'm waiting for my Linux client! Ahah ;-) Not a thing I like least, perhaps more a suggestion: should be really, really great to have an history of changes, like maybe the date a checkbox was filled!

Response from Monki Labs

Replied May 2018

Hi Luka, thanks for your review of Notejoy and glad to hear you're liking it! Just wanted to let you know that we've recently introduced note history so you can see history of changes like your request. It's available in Notejoy's premium plans.

Ed from Great Life Blueprints

Less complexity = More Productivity

Works perfect for what I need it for. Would really like to see a more expanded version that would allow me to inexpensive space to post videos and have group chats when needed.

Pros

I get confused and have to think too much with programs like Slack. I'm sure the way a to of people think Slack is great but frankly I think it's confusing and causes me to think too hard every time I attempt to use it. This is where NoteJoy is different. I use it for my client Vision statements. Before I used Google word processor and it was confusing for people who didn't have a Google account and then it was confusing how to use it. Notejoy takes literally seconds to use. My clients love it. I love how simple it is to use.

Cons

One thing I would like to see improved is give me the ability to post something that anyone I want can see but that is all. I think it has to do with the feature set I bought originally though AppSumo so it may be available for monthly paying customers not sure.

Anju from Staples

Industry: Information Services

I've been overall happy with my experience with Notejoy. It has served the purpose but can offer mor

helped me get more organized, saved time and kept the entire team updated.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive and an agile UI. And it is very close to what I want - One size fits all. It has been designed to accommodate all kind of industry needs.

Cons

Not an outstanding tool that is different from other free/paid tool available in the market. Requires a strong commitment from the team to adopt the tool. can't be integrated with some apps used frequently by users.

I have been using Notejoy for past couple of months and love it!!!

1. A single utility to manage notes in rich markdown text across multiple machines. 2. Easy to use and saves time. Point 2 is something a must have feature for me.

Pros

All the right features. I wanted a cloud based note application which supported Markdown along with support of Markdown tables. And Notejoy meets all of that. The other great thing about Notejoy is the rich text editor. Although I have used Notejoy only on Windows, I believe since the client is based on Electron I guess it would also be supported on Mac & Linux. All in all I can say its a great application. Provides me an easy way to sync rich text documents across multiple machine. Kudos to the product management team and the developers coming out with such an application. Its pure joy to use Notejoy!!! I would definitely recommend everyone to give it a try.

Cons

I really did not find anything bad about the Notejoy, hence nothing to write about any cons over here.

Elly from Oracle

Intuitive note taking tool for everyday use

Fast and easy to use. Little to no learning curve so it benefits a huge team when implemented in a company or division.

Pros

I like Notejoy's user interface, easy to use and very intuitive. I can check all of my notes at one glance and is my go-to tool for my day to day activities.

Cons

Maybe I suggest they get a mobile application in partnership with their browser-based tool. It would be nice to write notes on the go and sync with the cloud.

Sarah from Ideas Girl

Notejoy is great for organising your ideas!

Notejoy is a fantastic tool for project management and organising your ideas. You can add tags to help you find things easily and categorise projects. It's safe and secure in your own space so you can login from anywhere and access your notes as and when you need to. It's lovely to use and I've found it really helpful.

Pros

I love Notejoy for organising my ideas. Although you can use it to collaborate and share notes with your team, I use it on my own for organising ideas and will be using it for assembling important information for various projects. It comes with helpful "welcome" notes which show you where everything is. The dashboard is friendly to use so you can dive straight in. It's a really helpful tool which you can use everyday or to organise project notes in work sprints.

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software, it's great to use and you get peace of mind that it will keep your notes safely filed for when you need to find them easily.

Christian from Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company

Collaborating Made Easy

Pros

Allows our whole team to collaborate on projects despite being in different parts of the country and on different schedules. Can often be difficult for us to coordinate meeting times, so we use Notejoy to share important updates along our project team. Really great resource to use instead of Evernote or Google Docs even. Love the mobile compatibility as well.

Cons

Gets slightly pricey as a software as you look to build out across the company. Currently have Notejoy centralized with just our team at the present.

Ashley from Alan Wang Realty

Notejoy is very helpful in my daily work.

Pros

The organization of notebooks and ability to share and access documents with my team is very useful. It makes it easy to create and share templates for emails and other documents.

Cons

I occasionally have an issue when copy/pasting a document. The formatting (spacing, bullets, etc) does not always carry over properly.

Jennifer from Alan Wang Realty Group

Our team use notejoy to share all our notes and it's been great!

Pros

We love that we can access the notes anywhere and every time someone makes an edit, the whole team will get the edit version.

Cons

Not sure if there is an APP for it but right now I have to login the website to access the notes. Would be nice if there is an app where I can access on the mobile phone.

Great, I've slowly migrated from Evernote to Notejoy

Pros

Great UI with lots of instant gratifications that offer user delight. The sharing functionality is much more intuitive than Evernote.

Cons

Not having a desktop native app makes me still rely on Evernote for certain documents because of the ease of access. I'd also like to see collaborative interactions with the doc a bit more surfaced (e.g. who's viewing this doc, comments on specific lines in the doc, currently, it's hidden behind icons)

Matthias from Eigener Herr mit Matthias Schwehm Persönlichkeitstraining

One of my most important tools right from the start

With an included chat function I often communicate with my team members. Many use cases I formerly did with Google Docs now I am doing with Notejoy. In my case I bought the encrypted version of Notejoy. So no one knows what I am working on... ;-)

Pros

NoteJoy is the perfect solution for you, when you want all your ideas, knowledge, your PDFs and so on in one place. You can cooperate with, in my case, up to ten people that also have potentially all possibilities (writing, storing, editing, deleting, viewing) and, as much as I know, unlimited people which can view what you want to share.

Cons

I do not see cons with this software. Maybe one: On one day a document on which I was working was not saved automatically. But not out of the blue: There was an error message which I totally ignored...

Steven from Alan Wang realty

This is a very intuitive software

Pros

I like the ease of use for it. I like that the interface is very simple and easy to navigate it is not clunky at all.

Cons

I would like an Android app. I only use the web interface. It would be really helpful if there was an Android app.

Central repository for all my team's documentation!

Collaboration, Transparency, Knowledge management

Pros

For someone whose team relied on google docs as a means to share team notes, NoteJoy has been a blessing in disguise! Getting organized as a team was nothing short of frustrating before NoteJoy came along. With Notejoy, we now have a single, well-organized place to collaborate, store, and share knowledge. The tool allows us real-time editing by multiple users, it has slack integration, and also notifies us about who has viewed/added to documents.

Cons

Sometimes the live revision history seems like too much overkill for documents that are undergoing frequent changes. Although my small team of 4 is using Notejoy actively, sadly there is low buy in from other teams.

lily from Ernst & Young

Tools to Share And Collaborate Notes With Others

Pros

Ever since Evernote went south with their future, I have been trying to find an alternative. Notejoy might be the one. It's built with collaboration in mind. You can invite others to a notebook, and there's an inline chatting. The basic features are free, with limitation.

Cons

Feature-wise, there are a lot to catch up with Evernote.

Neat note editor for focused individual and collaborative note taking

An easy to use interface to quickly write down my ideas, keep them organized, and shared them with the people I need to

Pros

The UX is very friendly and neat, not clumsy like other text editors. Easy to organize your notes and quickly jot down some thoughts, and then share them with your team (or even your spouse, as I do). The team behind and the support team are very nice and open to suggestions, so the product is becoming more and more what users really need.

Cons

The Android app is still under development, but I'm sure it'll be great when it comes out. They are also adding new features all the time, so the few features that Notejoy still needs (like offline editing, or note linking) will be added soon.

Timothy from Avalow

It's a delightful tool that our business relies on for collaboration across multiple teams.

Pros

I very much like the navigation. Notejoy makes it easy to find the note you were working on last and quickly jump from one team collaboration to another.

Cons

I wish Notejoy had more integrations with other systems we use. Maybe I need to explore this, but I do not think it has a connection to Slack, for example.

Barry from TravelBank

Aptly named -- a joy to take notes!

Pros

True to its namesake, Notejoy has brought joy to taking notes. While my first instinct was "why wouldn't I just keep using Google docs," it only took creating & sharing my first note to fully appreciate how much cleaner, simpler, more shareable, and all-around more enjoyable this experience is. If you've ever been frustrated at how annoying it is to share things on Evernote, or at how difficult it is to find things in Google Docs, Notejoy is exactly the solution for you!!

Cons

Eagerly waiting on a few key features, most notably offline editing & Android app. Fortunately Notejoy has a simple & transparent feature request hub for users!

Does what it sets out to do.

Pros

Its pretty smooth, and the load times are very quick. It's a very responsive website, especially for collaborative word documents

Cons

It seems like we lose connection to the notejoy server regularly - a big red box in the top right points out that we need to reconnect. Sometimes happens at inopportune times.

Raul from Nammu - Comercio Electrónico

Hesitant at first, later converted

Organize thought and ideas in one place. Base to know what to do and collaborate.

Pros

After trying different project managment tools (trello, asana, suitecrm,...) I failed with them all. This is not a project managment tool, but helped me a lot to keep everyday tasks, even complex tasks ideas in one place and in order. Even to work collaboratively in projects.

Cons

Some functionalities are being developed now, and still not very complex. It is a tool similar to one note or evernote, so I can not expect to use kind of project management tool. As it is lacking calendar, etc. But it is just sticky, and I can not live without.

Daniel from AGRAFICA

I left evernote for this software

Pros

simply the best solution for team notes you can create private sectors, upload videos, link between notes I recommend

Cons

nothing bad to say about this software they are constantly updating, with innovative ideas always

Steve from Capital

Awesome dream app. Easy to use

Ease of use

Pros

Ease of use. drag and drop feature is awesome. I love that everything is at one location. Ton of features in the app.

Cons

Cost. It is expensive and you can get value with the other free apps. It is difficult to justify the cost for the app.

Ross from Kinnek

Notejoy is your Google MOMA!

Centralized communication, a literal library of documentation containing archives of information from company operations over multiple years and spanning every project undertaken and its result.

Pros

Notes are easy to search and reference later. Collaboration on notes is easy, and integration with Google Suite, Slack, Trello, and other apps is helpful and easy.

Cons

Libraries can get large as teammates add notebooks, and better tags of notes could be more helpful outside of a raw search.

darosa from Blow.sh

I'v tried (Tettra, Nuclino before), I was looking for a mor convivial app

Pros

UX and the standalone mac app. The view function is cool. The most popular function creates a positive challenge with the team

Cons

I'm french so the check spelling is a nightmare(every word are red underligned. Sometimes the image doesn't upload

Abhi from UAB

Industry: Research

Notejoy makes it a real joy to write notes!

I would consider purchasing Notejoy for my business as a convenient mode of communication.

Pros

I have been able to seamlessly add images and text in my messages to others. It feels like any normal chatroom for text messages so one immediately feels comfortable using software.

Cons

I have thus far not come across any issues using Notejoy and would definitely recommend it to others!

Retno from LBPP LIA Bogor

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple yet powerful note taking tool

Pros

While I love the collaborative feature of Notejoy, what I love most about the tool is it's simplicity. It also available on multiple devices and syncs real time.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about Notejoy.

Great collaboration tool, we use notejoy for ideation, design thinking and brainstorming meeting

We use notejoy for collaborative, creative and ideation sessions. We crowdsource (within our team) input and share notes among our project staff. Notejoy is a useful tool to use as data repository for notes, presentation and project documentation.

Pros

Notejoy is seamless i.e. no steep learning curve nor onboarding required. The free version comes with many collaboration features and very intuitive user interface. Invitation of new team members, role and authority management is very easy to use.

Cons

Several interruptions (an error message populates with mentions 'off-line') and sync issues when multiple users work a document.