• icon"I really admire how all my employees can see my notes, change them and write their own. We can discuss changes to items with a click of a button."
  • icon"It's good for setting up lots of Notebooks to share between different teams. Great integration with Trello to merge tasks with notes."
  • icon"I like the ease of use for it. I like that the interface is very simple and easy to navigate it is not clunky at all."
  • icon"Also sometimes their desktop program is lagging."
  • icon"For example, as of its current version, you can drag and drop files into the app—but they have to go inside a “note."
  • icon"No support for Apple Pen, the mobile apps are awful. Many missing administrative features which prevents me from trying to use my iPad exclusively."

Browse all Notejoy Reviews

• Have you used Notejoy and would like to share your experience with others?

Ed

Simple Tool Great Potential

Matthias

The Linchpin for Communication

It's fantastic. It has become an absolute necessity for managing and keeping my clients happy. It is the first program I use when onboarding clients and setting up expectations and tracking progress. I made the most out of this product and program and I cannot speak higher of it.

Pros

What is there not to like? First off, it's a note taking/writing software. It sounds so incredibly boring I might cry. But it is so powerful and so easy and frankly it's fun to use. So I mandate it's usage for every client that I have because it both supplements e-mail and also replaces it. Whenever we create our roadmaps of service for the month, send out major updates, track ad performance, they are all integrated into this platform for easy usage. Additionally, I make all the clients create log-ins so they can seamlessly integrate their changes in the form of support tickets in the platform as well. With a little bit of education and clarity, NoteJoy has become one of the most multi-faceted programs for my agency.

Cons

I keep about 30-40 clients on the software at any given time. The only drawback that I have is that while it may be easy for my clients to seamlessly move between all of the notebooks they might have, it is incredibly hard for me to keep track of notebooks at times. I've suggested tagging things with colors that might get implemented at some point. The only runaround I have done is hashtag documents based on the day of the week so I can easily access their major documents on the fly. But really a visual change or indicator is needed. This is not to say that there isn't aesthetic differences you can make, I keep the program in night mode which makes it easier to read. But in the limited chance that you are going to balance 20+ notebooks at a time, you can definitely get lost at times.

Reasons for choosing Notejoy

I don't like the center-file design schism that Google Docs has and it's a little uninspiring when it comes to switching between multiple documents and multiple clients the way I do with NoteJoy.

Holly

Share with everyone

My company is in contact with eachother at all times. I can see lists of price drops and edit asap if needed. My employees can send me their own personal ideas on products and we can put our heads together and tweak it as needed, from anywhere. I dont need a conference with anyone. This program does that for me!

Pros

I really admire how all my employees can see my notes, change them and write their own. We can discuss changes to items with a click of a button. I love how my employees can add their own ideas to things. I can select who I choose to send/share my notes with. I also use this as a blog for my own personal use.

Cons

Sometimes its a bit overwhelming. But i have alot going on. So it depends on how you use the program.

Reasons for switching to Notejoy

We needed something that all.of us could access together. This was perfect.

Modupe

October 2022

A unique notetaking experience.

Notejoy is the adopted way through which my project team , has chosen to collaborate and save our project notes. Notejoy makes the act of notetaking more interesting , thus making team collaboration via notes a much more effective experience.

Pros

Notejoy lets me import documents or files from other more popular documentation applications like Google docs and Microsoft Office word into my Team Notejoy notes without complexities. This improves the overall dynamics of my notetaking experience , as I can easily embed third party documents into my day to day Notejoy journal, with just a tap on my keyboard.

Cons

Notejoy is limited in offline mode, in terms of the functionalities that I have access to without the internet.

Biswajit

Notejoy - to make a personal note or share with office.

It was well to use. At first, I also faced problems on how to use this software question. With time learned all features. Over all this one is good to use with best time expences.

Pros

To make a document type notes quickly and to share the personal or General notes with the Viewer easily. Here one feature is, the user can provide accessibility to the other users on the note that is a really cool feature. By the feature, we can easily point out who can edit or moderate or view. To compare to others software this one is the best to use.

Cons

Almost all features are good to use but one thing I must say - for the new users it's not easy to understand all those features which are helpful. So I will say tutorial should be easy for new upcoming users.

Jo

October 2022

Nice for notes and ideas

Pros

I like being able to brainstorm ideas here, and it's nice that others can see and add their ideas as well!

Cons

Price point beyond the free version is a bit of a drawback compared to other free competitors offering similar features.

Steven

Evernote + Slack = Notejoy

- We were able to create a database of changes we made in another software - I am now able to create notes regardless of where I am as long as I have internet connection.

Pros

- Very fast - Accessible on all channels I'm using (web, windows, Android) - user friendly - collaborative with history on the changes and who made the changes - Works like slack but better pricing

Cons

None except I'm not able to use it on my android app if my mobile data is weak, But so far I am very happy with my purchase. I was able to convince my manager to buy so we can create a library of logs in our business.

Reasons for choosing Notejoy

More choices to segregate notes into folders and categories.

Reasons for switching to Notejoy

Notejoy was better as it has folders and

Fadiah

Collaborate notes with my team

Taking notes or idea with Notejoy is easy, as they can be deployed both on my computer and my android device.

Pros

Notejoy gives note taking and note management into the next level. I can create a group note that my team mates can join in and pitch their note for our project or task. It will shows which member are adding the note or editing the note and avoid confusion.

Cons

I have a problem with the web clipper. There are no option to select a specific section of the website that i want to clip, and it will clip the entire area of the website. I will have to use Microsoft Paint to crop the clipped website. It will be helpful if the software can clip a specific section of the website.

Arjunsinh

February 2022

Collaboration and Taking Notes Made Easy!

Pros

Collaborative note and sharing made easy. Easy to write, format and share the notes, just on a click and easily accessible from anywhere with important integrations.

Cons

off lately the app is lagging a lot and constant lagging and delay in syncing makes difficult to write and share the notes with the collaborator.

Easy to collaborate and organize documents across your team. Much better than Google Docs.

None really. It is just easy to use but I'd rather spend a few more minutes on Google Keep, Evernote and save some money.

Pros

Nicely structured and organized. Smooth On boarding. Easy to create notes, Ammend them and share the file and invite people in and see their edits and suggestion/comments history. The runnning conversation on the sidebar makes it easy to quickly check what the suggestion is, in a large document.

Cons

No Offline Mode. The Mobile app needs a lot of work. I was using this to share notes and I really dont see it being very different from Evernote, Keep and the other tools that I have used. Do not see an apparent change in the time spent to edit,collobaorate on a document. It is easier but not good enough. The COST - It is difficult to pay this price when there are free versions of other apps that do a similar job.

LaShundra

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Note joy review

Pros

I love how It has enough storage ! It has the capability I need to take notes on the go !

Cons

No complaints so far . It has been very efficient

Bill

The best way to collaborate over notes

Pros

Notejoy makes it very easy to collaborate with teams and stay on top of key documents. I tend to use it as a replacement to Evernote and Google Docs - it's much better for sharing, commenting, and working together than the former and more structured, organized, and powerful than the latter. It's easy to create notes and update them, file and organize them, and invite people in and see their edits, revisions, comments, and suggestions. Even in a large document, Notejoy makes it simple to call a teammate's attention to a specific passage that's most relevant to them, and a sidebar allows for a running conversation across team members. I've largely ditched other note-taking and collaboration software and moved all my workflows over to Notejoy and have enjoyed using it for the past year, and highly recommend it in both professional and personal settings.

Cons

There are always more features being rolled out and the team behind the product is quite responsive and attentive. Given I travel frequently and don't always have access to internet, I'm hopeful that Notejoy will be able to accommodate offline access. However, given 90% of my time is in a connected environment, it's not usually an issue.

Edmond

Perfect for sharing ideas with your team without wasting time in another meeting!

I get the piece of mind that all my information isn't just on my device in the event of a loss/accident with my personal machine. I also get the real-time feedback/notes/questions from my team. When we're all throwing in on a note or document while in our own workspace at our own pace, it makes getting larger projects complete a much less stressful event.

Pros

With Notejoy, we're able to all throw ideas on a page while we're working and not stop everything for a meeting. The collaborative functionality of it is what is really wonderful. We can keep documentation for processes in one place and see when it's updated and by whom. The metrics provided are really a neat touch. Mobile use is much easier than some of the same players in the space. It's also very quick and easy to use in a hurry, unlike another service we used that always seemed laggy and resulted in people just staring at something load during a meeting and breaking the rhythm. Compared to what we were using, it's much more structured and organized. We've moved all our notes and documents over from other platforms to Notejoy.

Cons

Notejoy is great and I don't really have any cons to list. With many collaborative tools like this, the hardest part is getting everyone on your team to stick to it and not fall back into old habits. It's not something I need, but I could see some employees needing constant reminders to use/update/reference the notes.

Hanah

Industry: Writing and Editing

Notejoy is Simple, Yet Worth It

Overall, I had issues trying to organize my projects and ideas. Also, I needed something like this,so I won't have to rewrite or copy/paste work notes I have written. This helps me do this with the duplicate option in Notejoy. I don't have to write the same thing that I need copied. I don't have to write by hand the same thing I need copied because the duplicate option does it for me. So cool! Great problem solver.

Pros

I love this software. It's so simple to use, but it helps me keep track of my work. I absolutely adore the word counter option that is apart of Notejoy. I haven't seen any other simple note taker like this one have a word counter. I needed this so bad when I write or work on project ideas to share with other team members. This helps me know how many words I must write or continue to write before I send my work off for review. I also like how you can easily add other team members to your note work. I can also easily add other team members to certain folders as well. There is another option I like which is the recent notes section on the left hand side of Notejoy. This reminds me of certain email services where there is a recent folder where your recent work goes inside. When I open a software I like to go right to what I recently worked on. I don't like searching around for my work. There is also another option that I like where I can keep my own personal note documentation on private. There is stuff I am working on individually. I need that area to work on my ideas before I send them out or get someone else I know to review it. Finally, I also like the duplicate note section. This is such an awesome button. When I finish my notes I can click that button and it pulls up the same exact notes I was just working on! This is really cool! A note-takers dream!

Cons

I don't like how there aren't many other colors or font colors you could use. I mean I would love to see hundreds of colors or an area where you can make your own color. Also, it would be nice to have themes or a theme list.

Great note taking software

Notejoy is backed by a great founding team that has built several global products. Their support is unparalleled. The founders read every suggestion and are always responsive to ideas. The tool continues to delight - I have used it to collaborate with my team in documenting product requirement documents which the developer team, as well as account teams, consume to give me feedback and collaborate.

Pros

Notejoy is my direct replacement for Evernote. It allows the ability to store notes of importance in neatly organized folders thus allowing me to club notes in a logical order. It also allows the ability to give folder-wise access to users. This ensures that only the right people are reading the documents. The ability to comment real-time and give alerts on who viewed / edited a document bring in a lot of transparency and auditability. I also really like the search feature. I have seen the product evolve and continually add new features.

Cons

The tool does not yet have tables. That is an essential element that Quip seems to already have. Also, the ability to import documents from Evernote is important (their feature requests page seems to show that it is in the works)

The Joy of Notejoy

My experience with Notejoy really is turning out to be a “joyful” experience. I was a long-time, heavy Evernote user, but its bloat and expense finally became too much for me. So far, Notejoy seems just right—and I am enjoying it more than other alternatives.

Pros

Notejoy is relatively new, but it seems like a winner, with very responsive customer support, a willingness to integrate customer feedback and suggested features into their product cycle, and an already very capable cloud-based notes application, down the same road as Evernote, OneNote, and others. It offers a little more structure and organization than some of its competitors, which can be especially attractive if you are new to this market and haven’t yet determined your best use case.

Cons

There are happy little quirks in Notejoy that make it unlike other software in this market, but your mileage may vary along with your level of delight for some of its features. For example, as of its current version, you can drag and drop files into the app—but they have to go inside a “note.” These kinds of choices aren’t necessarily bad—I’ve come to think of these note titles as I might a kind of “file folder” in another context—but they can be surprising and, at first, a tad maddening.

Leonard

Facilitates effective information management & team collaboration

I love using NoteJoy. Not only is the platform really good right now, the development team continues to refine and improve the platform with excellent customer communication.

Pros

NoteJoy is an easy-to-use but powerfully-featured platform for documenting, recording, saving, sharing, creating, and editing content for individual operators and for teams. NoteJoy started off as a nice platform for creating "libraries" of notes, with each note being a document of text, links, images, videos and MP3 audio. The team has been releasing enhancements in a steady and consistent basis. They added a content clipper (via browser extension), tagging, and archiving as powerful and necessary additions. Right from the start, the platform has been "simple and interactive" by design. The interface is uncluttered. Text formatting is good without getting bogged down with features that are nice but not necessary. Best of all, a chat log is part of every document and that feature has been there from the start. This way, not only can teammates collaboratively edit documents either in real-time or in delayed fashion, they can also have a discussion about the document or matter at hand that is (a) separate from the document content itself, (b) enables user tagging to notify others when they should check in, and (c) comments can be linked to specific portions of the document.

Cons

Notes don't yet handle insertions/embeds from presentation platforms (like Beautiful.ai, Slidebean or Ludus) very well - the only workaround is to insert them as video links, and that doesn't work perfectly. A few minor quibbles about the chat function: - "likes" and engagement responses to comments or even to individual notes themselves are not very prominent - nested comments within a discussion only go one level deep

Solomon

Pretty good for managing my large family's various information sharing needs... when they use it.

Pros

I like that it works with Mac and PC, phones, tablets, and laptops; pretty much every device we use can access Notejoy. In theory this should make it easy for my family members to centralize important data (household repairs, grocery lists, important phone numbers, documentation for the January car accident, etc).

Cons

I'll start by saying that I'm not your typical user my application is for a large family, not a business. You will probably have less resistance to learning a new tool than I have faced. That said, it's yet another thing to learn, and learning is hard. My people just aren't using it - they'll come up and ask me for information that I've already spent time entering into Notejoy, and when I tell them where they can find the information, they complain that they don't know how to use it. We are not talking about small children here, but a 60-year old elder and a 20-year old college student, who are both otherwise on their devices a lot. I don't know why they won't use it. I've also had some extremely frustrating moments trying to put images into a document without anything working or even acknowledging that there's a problem. (Both my iPhone and 2017 MacBook Air failed to insert the images).

Madhumita