• Pros

• "It is easy to learn and quite intuitive. I like it how you can set emoji and covers for each page, this makes them rememberable. I also liked the whole block system and the markdown support."

• "Love the endless customizations that you can do with this product! Create a template for literally anything and organize it however you like!"

• "This application is excellent to organize yourserlf, organize your team or whatever you want. It has so many features that there are many ways to use it. I love Notion."

• Cons

• "Unlike Evernote or MacOS notes, I cannot find a good way to integrate this with my workflow. It's well designed but it seems to be too broad to be used in any fixed way."

• "The mobile apps are a little slow to load, but the vast functionality of the app outweighs any small drawback."

• "The learning curve is really steep and the mobile app could be much improved. It is not the best experience to use the kanban board on iOS but it works."

Browse Notion Reviews

Alson from ash+zelkova

Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

Pros

The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

Cons

There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion is not just a todo app but allow you create a wiki and knowledge base on it as well.

David from Deep Planet

Industry: Farming

Really good software to collaborate as a startup

Able to collaborate with global team, put in notes and research for later, and keep on track of status of items.

Pros

Create sharable boards for each function of the business to collaborate on.

Cons

Working out billing was a bit of a pain.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

In the free trial it seemed the most usable and consistent with our requirements. Monday was difficult to do research. Visuals make it good to use

All-in-one project management tool!

My overall experience with notion has been amazing. Setup was not too confusing at all and being able to use the product anywhere (even mobile) has been phenomenal.

Pros

I love notion because of its intuitive interface and cross platform capabilities. I can use it on my mac or on my phone and be able to easily work on various items that my team is working on and track their activity. It also allows me to store different types of files from PDF's to forms for data collection.

Cons

I least liked that notion's pricing model is confusing and it took me a while to actually understand the difference between the monthly and yearly pricing structure and how I was to be billed.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

It was promoted from another group to try this out and we are glad we did.

Nobody does data and documents like Notion does.

Notion is by far and away the best way I've found so far to work with data in documents. It starts from the concept of linked databases, and extends it from there to include structured documents. This has been very well implemented, allowing users to generate incredibly useful documents, by querying sets of data. The Notion support team is engaged, informed and very helpful. I have had several insightful discusssions with them during feature requests. Both the desktop and offline applications are smooth and usable, and have been improving continually.

Pros

- beautiful design - databases inside documents - Several useful templates for generating documents and databases - well-considered layout constraints allowing you to focus on content - easy to share content - powerful and ergonomic syntax

Cons

- lack of option for visualising data - no real offline mode

Reasons for Choosing Notion

The databases. We've long been searching for a way to keep data and documents in the same place, without plugins or extra costs. Notion does this extremely well and was an obvious choice, even to the point that we could ignore the current negative points. With time, we are confident that these features will be enabled, and at the moment, we are comfortable keeping our operational and business data in Notion.

Megan from Self employed

Industry: Online Media

Notion is a great tool to organize just about anything

I use Notion to plan blog posts, collect research, make notes and save webpages. It has almost fully replaced evernote for me. I really love the mobile app and can see this tool developing further so it will be an all in one go to tool for organizing and planning.

Pros

You can organize your entire life using Notion, your work, study and home life can all be taken care of within Notion. You can replace so many other tools with this one tool that runs on your computer or phone. There is heaps of templates to get you started such as calendars, to do lists, meeting notes, saved websites and much more.

Cons

There could be a bit more of a similar way to bookmark webpages like evernote but this functionality is developing.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Because it has so many options and templates. I like the layout. I still use some of the other tools but I don't really need to when I have notion.

Panos from Olvia Systems S.A.

Industry: Industrial Automation

The Swiss knife of collaboration and management software

We are in a position to manage complex projects while including context information about the project and its elements in a non-intrusive manner. We can manage projects and at the same time update and expand the information we gather for various elements using one system. Magic!

Pros

The ability to have any type of process, project concept and issue managed by a team of people in a simple and easy to use platform with options to connect from a computer, mobile phone or tablet.

Cons

It does not have an external directory of templates where users can upload templates they develop for their own projects.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion combines many types of functionality that are not available or easy to use with Asana.

Lee from XOi technologies

Highly flexible note-taking and data management

Notion has become crucial in my work life. If I didn't have Notion, I know I would be less organized and less productive.

Pros

The way I structure my notes and databases is entirely up to me. This allows me to track projects with tasks inside them, issues that are linked to each other, or just a simple list of notes. The amount of things I can keep track of in Notion is really surprising.

Cons

The rate of development seems to have slowed down. An "API" was at the top of their roadmap a year ago. It still hasn't been delivered, and they've removed public access to their roadmap.

Wendy from Wendy Miller, Relationship Writer & Meditation Teacher

Easy to use, comparable to Evernote

It's been a good experience. It was easy to learn how to use, offers lots of functionality and features that I use frequently, and keeps me organized.

Pros

It's a great way to save things related to the projects I'm working on without having to go through a ton of organization steps. It comes with a few sections set up, and allows you to create more. Very easy to start using without a steep learning curve. And it includes a to-do list.

Cons

It's rather basic, without a lot of prettiness. It's focused heavily on functionality over appearance, which can make it a little boring for someone who likes to customize their experience and make things look nice.

Gabriel from Team International

I'm in love Notion with Notion and I'm moving my personal info from Evernote

I love Notion.. Its just simply amazing as a Evernote replacement. I love the Infinite hierarchy, #Markdown support and /Slash commands

Pros

All... It's amazing this product. At work i'm using months ago as a Wiki, Knowledge Base, Manuals... And days ago I'm moving all my personal notes from Evernote to it.

Cons

Currently it has problems with Evernote importing. I'm moving manually some notebooks, but most of my notes in Evernote were imported automatically.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

As I wrote previously I love from Notion the Infinite hierarchy, #Markdown support and /Slash commands

Scott from LEVEL PR

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Workign nicely for CRM

Pros

I know Notion is an all-in-one solution, but I only really use it for CRM purposes. And though the CRM template it comes with is very barebones, it is very effective for my needs. And it still a big step up from using Excel for CRM/sales needs and for the price (free), you can't beat it.

Cons

So far I can't find any major issues using it. If I was a full-time sales person, i would probably need something more sophisticated with more integrations. But I am not and for now, this does the trick.

Björn from Pleo

Beyond happy with Notion. I don't think I could ever work without it in the future

Personally I use Notion everyday to track my OKRs (objectives and key results) and document all my learnings. Out with Google sheets and links everywhere - in with notion pages. With possibilities of adding virtually anything into the pages (timelines, tables, videos, images, etc..), it makes everything much more clear and readable. It has become a core tool in our internal communication. On top of that, you can even create pages for external use. I believe Pento are a great example [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] They literally use it as an employer branding tool to present their company to the world. Why not do something like that for your company? :)

Pros

What I like the most with Notion is that I do not even know where to start to describe it. We use it for so many things in our company. Each team has their own space where they can drive their own projects - some may have some high level presentations of the people in the team, others like marketing use it for their "project requests". All in all I feel that everything is just much more organised as soon as it is in notion. The important is probably to start with a good structure and then make sure everyone knows how to use it.

Cons

When it has not been structured, it can get chaotic. Make sure you have a great "base" and then onboard all the users with some guidelines, and it will all be great!

Eshaan from Flipkart

Best Life OS there is

It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well. I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion. Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

The holy grail of organization

Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Best note-taking app of 2019

I use Notion daily to organize my personal life and mainly my company. Nowadays we are using Notion Kanban view to organize our clients, and this is app does it perfectly! You can share with your clients some determined information and hide the rest to not overwhelm them with extra information, this is one of its best features. This app has too many amazing features to point out in one review.

Pros

The ability to organize an insane amount of data without losing control or missing information. Also, it is easy to learn and understand how the interface works.

Cons

The mobile version has some bugs, definitely needs some specific improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I love Todoist, but it is not the ideal app to manage a big amount of data.

Audrey from Penn State University

This app is an all-in-one that can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be.

I work at a University and Notion is free with an @edu account, so I feel very lucky to get to use this for free. First off, it's super helpful that they provide templates for common things you might want to do organized by categories: Design, Education, Engineering, Human Resources, Marketing, Personal, and Product Management. It also provides a selection of user-created templates. Amazing! So, as a beginner, you can play around with a template to start learning the ropes and possibilities. And the possibilities are ENDLESS. I think my first use case was to use the official Pokedex template that Notion provides. #nerd I play Pokemon Go, so I modified it to track my dex, but also keep track of the Luckies, Shinies, and trades I have lined up. I embarrassingly use this page the most. I created my own templates for Home Repairs (a CRM, Timeline, and budget) and Home Maintenance checklists for the entire year. I planned a trip that I shared with friends that included Places, Events, and Shopping Lists. And finally, have been trying to use it to replace my Google Spreadsheets for family finances and budgeting. Like I mentioned in the Cons, it's a bit tricky to get it set up exactly like I have it in spreadsheets, but I'm prone to overcomplicating things, so it's to be expected. I am at times thrown off by how slow it can become, but since the latest update that addresses this, I don't know that I've noticed the lagging anymore. I still am pretty motivated to keep using it.

Pros

- Pre-made templates, both official and user-generated - Mostly intuitive (more complex relational database stuff requires more planning/experimentation) - Kind of like a combination of Evernote, Google Docs/Spreadsheets, Trello, Journal, and website all integrated together. Plus all sorts of other things I haven't even tried yet. - Customizable features like emoji and page banners - Can import from Evernote, Asana, Trello, GDocs, Word, Dropbox, and other formats. - Create teams to share pages with - Can now create flowcharts, wireframes, and mind maps!

Cons

- Has been known to lag and slow down your device quite a bit. (However, a 2/2020 update may have fixed this.) - Spreadsheets are a little tricker than what I'm used to when using Google Spreadsheets. I feel it takes more work to get the result/flexibility you might want.

The next generation productivity king!!!!!

The overall experience is superb. The lightweight super functional app also has iOS apps which i love.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the very idea behind it. It is one of those pieces of software that you never knew you needed until you actually saw it and started using it. It falls in that amazing sweet spot between note-taking, todo list management, and personal database management. It is hard to explain the sheer utility of this app. And therein lies its beauty. Each person can customize it in any way they want. There are blocks that you can customize any way you want - todos, notes, headlines, comments, etc. I love the comments feature, it is super useful when there is a ton of notes on a subject. But the standout feature is the lightweight relational database that is absolutely the best for personal productivity. For example, you can track your bills and their status along with the details and due date in a database that is created as a block in your personal finance page. You can have many pages nested one under the other. Alongside you can have another small database that tracks your credit/debit cards, coupons, etc. It is super useful and you can manage any information from recipes to contacts.

Cons

The free plan has a limit of a 1000 blocks which is too little. But it is free for students, so that is a plus.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

The database inside a note-taking app feature is the main reason I chose this over Evernote. Until you use it you won't understand the sheer utility value of that feature. Now all my personal information is stored in this format.

One tool to rule them all

It changed the way I used to plan for my personal life and work. I can sketch an idea or take a quick note and then give them a structure. This is absolutely stunning.

Pros

Can I say everything? Notion it's an absolute game changer in the productivity tool industry. It comes like a note taking app but has all the tools you need to turn it into whatever you need to manage your life and work. The thing I absolutely love is how easy it is to configure it to your needs while you are using it!

Cons

Actually it lacks integration with other softwares, so it cannot be the automated hub for al your task juggling. Moreover the Android app is a little slow and the offline mode is not the best.

Jason from Internet

Notion is promising and surprising

I like the multi-user sharing function, so I can collaborate with people when working on documents. The live updates of people making changes via email is most helpful. I can see when a change was made and what it is. Overall, there are investing alot into basics and wow-factor. In terms of more complicated features, there is much catching up.

Pros

I use Notion daily to track my personal finances. I like how fast, reliable, and well built the product is. There is alot of thought gone into developing it, such as the use of shortcut commands, emojis for fun, and there is a whole lot of advanced functionality that I have not had the time to explore yet. In terms of the Wow effect, it is definitely comparable to Things 3. However, I think there is still a long way to go for it to have full-fledge features as compared to incumbents like Evernote or Airtable.

Cons

I dislike how Notion can sometimes be too generic. I wonder if Notion segments its users, and give advanced tools for people using Notion for certain purposes. Sure it's great for note taking such as having the browser extension or documentation (which I am a fan of) but there are certain features that seem to be lagging behind. For starters, creating and formatting a table is a horribly hard process. It's nowhere near Google Sheets or Excel. So for people using Notion to do more table, number or finance-related functions, it could be a challenge. It can take a page out of Slack's book, and offer more integrations for features they do not want to replicate.

One of the best pieces of software I have ever loved.

I have loved the way that Notion allows me to organize my workspace in exactly the way I choose.

Pros

It's hard to narrow down what I like most about Notion, but I love the flexibility. Not only has it replaced my use of other tools (Trello, Airtable, some Google Docs), but it performs some of their functions in an even better way. The interface is clean, and the keyboard controls make the experience smooth and fast. I feel like Notion works as an extension of my brain in a way that other products never have.

Cons

Integration. They keep saying they are going to add integrations and an API, but until it gets here, Notion lives in its own little world.

Tara from What Works

Notion changed my life

Notion has allowed my team to completely integrate our projects, planning, and task management. Whereas before we managed different parts of the business separately, now it's all together. It helps everyone stay on the same page and connect their work to bigger goals.

Pros

Notion is completely customizable. I make it do what I want it to do. It lets me organize tasks, projects, and information to match the way my brain works instead of making me conform to a different system.

Cons

The fact that it's completely customizable can be overwhelming--but it's worth working through. The only other con is that it doesn't have a Zapier integration yet so there is so much more that could be automated.

Cooper from AFM Simulation

Does a lot, but perhaps too much

Notion on Desktop works great, but the flexibility makes it quite complicated. The mobile apps are a bit slow and lacking. With significant refinement, Notion could grow significantly and overtake many other platforms with its benefits, but it has a ways to go.

Pros

Notion does a great job in doing a lot of different things. It provides a Kanban board for organizing tasks, it provides a system to create documents, and provides a platform for controlled access to set up knowledge bases. The flexibility of the platform is the key benefit.

Cons

Due to how spread out Notion is with all its features, it lacks in nearly every area to direct competitors. For document creation/sharing, there are better options. For Kanban boards, many better options. For spreadsheets, the same things. What Notion could do, but hasn't is provide one Multiplatform app to access these, but the mobile apps are significantly lacking compared to the individual apps of its competitors, providing a poor experience.

A very powerful tool.

Excellent. You can do almost anything to organize many things. The pro version is limitless

Pros

Cons

The mobile application is really slow and sometimes it doesn't load the view as expected. I consider that the web application is a lot better than the mobile one.

Thibault from Spendesk

Notion is so powerful!

Pros

Notion has become the most important place to store business information from company handbook, to projects, to personal notes, to business information, to spreadsheets and Kanban boards. It is THAT flexible!

Cons

Since we use it for everything at work, it can sometimes be difficult to find the right information. Another improvement would be better/faster sync and offline support on the iOS mobile apps.

Nic from Pattern SEO Consulting

Everyone should have Notion

Great. It's easy to use, simplistic and so satisfying to create pages and elements.

Pros

Everything. There is not one thing about Notion that I don't like. I use it everyday to track my development progress, networking groups, daily tasks, notes, website links, etc.

Cons

I have been sitting here for 10 minutes going through my Notion and trying to figure out what I don't like about the software... But there isn't, I love this product and I will gladly promote it to everyone who I think could benefit from it.

Eva from 3PL Central

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Where have you been all my life?

I got Notion when I first moved into project management. I love it. It's not has heavy as SmartSheet or as cumbersome as OneNote. It's also not a primary project management tool, in my opinion. But it's a great tool to have alongside my SmartSheet instance. Excellent for meeting notes, task tracking, building proposals and having templates at the ready.

Pros

It's like OneNote in that it's extremely powerful and feature rich. But far more user friendly and intuitive. Not to mention, the interface is great. I love how easy it is to customize and build any kind of document/structure I can imagine. And collaboration is pretty nifty too. Great perks for recommending folks that sign up.

Cons

The only thing I had any trouble with was understanding the storage/size limits on the free version. It's not super clear what a "block" is. But you can gauge it once you start building content. I haven't looked recently to see if documentation has been updated to better explain.

Jason from FrogDesk

Notion is a godsend! Amazing! Way more than it looks like!

I've been using software for my entire life. I have extensively used every major OS, and I was one of the first people to own an iPhone with the App Store on it. In my opinion, this is the most meaningful and useful piece of software ever written. I'm not exaggerating, this software has more potential than anything I've ever used. You can seriously organize your life, business, and hobbies with this so easily. It's like having a $30,000 website custom developed for you in an afternoon. But better because you actually understand it!

Pros

It's easy to use, but still INSANELY rich in features. It allows you to create custom databases, and display them in different places and different ways, very easily, all with point and click interfaces. You can use it to set up a simple todo list, or you can make an extremely awesome company Intranet/Internal CRM or CMS from it. It's like being able to make your own apps with zero programming needed. If you like Evernote, this is that on steroids, and designed better too.

Cons

Almost every major thing I can think of is already being done well. The one thing it really needs, which I know is already on the horizon, is a public API for integrations. Once that is possible the possibilities with this app will be truly endless. One more small nitpick that comes to mind is being able to make links (to other pages, databases, etc) be a little bigger or have a thumbnail version that shows the picture (sort of how like gallery items show up).

Taylor from Squeegee Pro

A Noteworthy Note Taker

This is by far the best application I've used for organizing notes in a way that actually looks good. I use this for all my notes.

Pros

Create databases, templates for meetings, even company wide how-to docs. Simple to post online or share with a small group of invited guests.

Cons

It's a growing company so they're slow to release major updates. I'm still waiting for a few features like a reliable offline mode, but overall still the best note taking app I've found.

Notion review

I can create and edit documents with colleagues, track simple projects, save articles, video i like, and also make notes and keep a diary. Notion helps me and the team to share the information more and more easily. Personal knowledge and experience was written in topic in the notion, it can bo strong as the wiki.

Pros

I enjoy the function about creating and tracking the simple projects with colleagues.

Cons

There are very few options for organizing content and customizing views.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Because I have a friends, she shows me how great notion is. She invited me while I just asking for a great productivity tool.

Anna from Wicked Marvelous

Versatile Tool

I use Notion with my team and clients for content planning, approvals, task management and resource repository across different groups.

Pros

I love the versatility and number of different templates that can be added to any workspace. It meets the needs in my business for a variety of different project and tracking types.

Cons

Onboarding new users into workspaces is clunky and content has to be moved from private to workspace.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

The ease of creating siloed spaces for each group/client but still having universal notification functions.

The best writing/organizing tool for project management

As project manager, it is always difficult to sum up all the projects informations in one place. Notion is the solution to it. You can create an overview page of the projects with sections and links to other pages with more detailed informations. This allows you to create something like a small website page for your project. We use it to have all the meeting notes, project dashboard, project summary, design reviews, description of the project team... You can link other external apps as well as external documents. It is important to have all the project's document in one place. You can have tables, databeses, graphs, files, pages and make have diffrent views on each of these elements. You can collaborate with other teammates to work on the same document or project workspace.

Pros

Versatility, this is not only a note app but it allows you to create dedicated pages organized with links to other pages, tables, databases, graphs, ... The user interface is very easy to understand and to use

Cons

There not yet a lot of training and forums on internet. When you have an issue or don't find a fuctionnality, it is still hard to find it on the web.

Younes from Haykal Media

Industry: Publishing

A more doesn't mean always a better

Like many others: I am a migrant-from-evernote-to-notion user. So I really feel a difference. Evernote become with time a boring routine. You ended up konwing all what the software capacities without a horizon you can looking for. Evernote blog is a good resource but it is not enough for me. The comparison with Evernote is critical for me. So I can tell you that Notion provide you all what Evernote offer plus a not-so-boring journey during using the product.

Pros

Without doubt its ubiquity (they claim you can organise anything within it) is incredible.

Cons

User experience is not that good. It is not comfort for the eyes. Too many options. Too many features. Need time to learn and use and you ended up reexplain that too many time to your team OR you must buy Khe course about that product. And it's something you should really consider into your calculation of what that software cost.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion is the newer product in this niche so its team study well their competitors and make something avoid the weaknesses of the old products.

Rob from Floom

An absolute joy to use

Pros

Notion is one of a small handful of products that brings "delight". You can tell that all of the product features have been _extremely_ well thought out, right down to the keyboard shortcuts which mimic those of VS code and other software dev tools. I use it to take notes on online courses and as a combination of a Trello board / Calendar

Cons

Offline support could be better. In particular, having a few templates stored offline would be great. The reload every time you open Notion is also a bit annoying, it would be great if it optimistically merged from your offline version or updated behind the scenes once in a while.

Jonathan from Stupak Las Vegas

My favorite personal knowledge base hub

My team was spread across too many apps with a lot of redundancy in what we did. To keep productivity high, I migrated our team to Notion since I've had a great experience using it personally. I've been a happy user ever since.

Pros

- Extensive features and intuitive UI allows you to create feature-rich documents - Affordable personal plan compared to competitors and how much software you can replace with ONE app - You can use features from G Suite, Asana, and Tettra... in a single app - Nested pages makes it easy to navigate to where you need to - Easily publish pages to the public

Cons

- No true offline support makes it difficult to work without internet - Documents with a lot of blocks get a little sluggish

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Coda looks more powerful than Notion, but with no real business model right now, they could easily become an expensive option when we're already deep users of their ecosystem. Notion is a better use case for our needs.

Patrick from Combeenation

Really intuitive and awesome knowledge base

Pros

Cons

It would be nice if the free plan would support more free blocks (currently: 1000).

Morgan from Freelance

Versatile Tool for a Team

Notion is great for capturing, organizing, and delegating business-related information. Once you learn its functionality, it is a really versatile tool. I am glad they recently added passwords to login because previous logins were annoying (emailed a temporary password each time). I still think there is room to improve switching accounts for us freelancers who work on different teams.

Pros

I love the flexibility in design and use. Notion can be used for many purposes, and different pages means you don’t need one use per company. It is also easy to move sections to achieve the look and feel you want (to some extent).

Cons

Using this for multiple teams/emails is tedious. I’d like to see a function of switching accounts like you do for Google. This would make it easier for freelancers like me to use Notion for multiple clients.

Kaarel from Modash

Love the customisability

Our company has built all of it's roadmaps on Notion and we often use it for noting and planning down company-wide events.

Pros

Notion is very flexible and lets you fully customise the structure of pages, cards and almost every feature that you can use.

Cons

The performance of Notion on a mobile device (Android at least) is lacking. It does not often open and you have to restart it to get it working.

Deepa from Catchafire.org

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Multii-functional software we're using across teams

Pros

- We're using Notion for so many things -- everything from technical product documentation, to managing user research pipelines, hiring pipelines, to project management. - Love how easy it is to mix different blocks -- the tables have been game changing for us - Love the small, delightful features like dark mode, ability to use different colors, icons/photography

Cons

- I think the tables would ideally be more robust -- for example, we're still hosting dashboards in Airtable because they have a really great CSV upload feature, whereas notion doesn't - Need better track changes capability. I still have to use Google Docs for copywriting because it's too difficult in Notion to track changes & comments

Jeremie from Business Online Ltd

Notion is your catch all solution for managing all your daily needs

The future of knowledge management

Pros

Notion is flexible yet has all that you need to manage your team, projects and tasks

Cons

some features like integrations with API are still missing

best ROI

Scott from ImagineX Consulting

So Much More Potential

A lot of people still love Notion. I personally have decided not to renew my subscription once it expires, as I have chosen ClickUp for my daily planning and Emacs ORG mode for capturing ideas and taking notes. If Notion delivered the API, I might have stuck around. Until then, I have enough bloated Electron apps hogging all my memory.

Pros

This review would have been a lot more passionate six months ago. Don't get me wrong; Notion is still a great system and over half of my notes and plans are still stored in it. There's some really cool templates and the community is really enthusiastic.

Cons

I felt like the developers reached a plateau and Notion has failed to innovate as of late. I have been waiting for an API to be released the entire time I have been subscribed, and there are still no details. The "everything is a database" mindset seems really novel at first, but after a while, it becomes very limiting and I find that it takes too much time to set up the templates I desire. Sharing data is not easy unless everyone you are sharing knowledge with is a paying customer.

Michael from Blu Creative

Notion handles any workflow with ease

We've used Notion as a team-collaborative note and project management app, which simplified our teams' internal processes.

Pros

Notion is one of the most flexible apps I've ever used, bar none. Notion can literally be set up to handle any workflow, team size, or project type. The app can be used for notes, project management, tasks and more - Making it a great one-tool solution for our agency. The entire app works flawlessly, and is incredibly lightweight.

Cons

At the time of our use, the Notion API wasn't fully developed yet, so the integrations were a bit limited. Compared to some of Notion's competitors, this is quite a bit of a drawback, because you're restricted on just how you can integrate Notion into your existing internal processes.

My dream task management software

I love Notion. I use it for my task management, CRM, daily journal and so much more.

Pros

It is super customizable, so you can create a work space, including task management, a CRM, collections of resources, and anything else you can dream up. After years of struggling with task management I'm finally getting things done because Notion makes it intuitive, beautiful, and fun.

Cons

It takes a bit of learning to figure out. It's also clunky to navigate to the pages and databases I want. It's confusing because I can be looking at a database in one page and then when I close it, it takes me to the original page instead of back to the page I was on.

Natalie from Cato Institute

Great for a Big Team

We love using Notion, our whole team makes their own personal boards and we use cooperative boards so that we can all work together efficiently.

Pros

Notion is so flexible and is able to handle tables, graphs, calendars, flow charts, etc. We use it for so many projects to track progress and to maintain open communication on our team. It is perfect for maintaining a standard process that can be repeated by teammates. We use it as our database for literally all of our projects and weekly objectives.

Cons

You have to pay for this software per user, which is a problem if you have a big team or if you want your whole organization to use the software. It can get pricey quickly.

Elizabeth from EMM Services

Excellent Flexible Workspace

Notion is used both in my business and personal life to keep reading lists, manage projects, and plan my week.

Pros

Notion is a fantastic tool with several high quality templates for things such as reading lists, task lists, notes, project management, and various business planning tools. It is easy to use, extremely flexible, and allows for superior information organization with nesting sub pages.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Notion works exactly how I would expect, I've yet to run into any bugs and I use this software at the very least weekly.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion offered flexibility and functions that none of the other options I used had, and the pricing was better.

Nothing but love for Notion

Pros

This thing is RIDICULOUSLY versatile. For work, we've moved our Kan Ban board over, our CRM, and general reference and operations materials. Notion is incredibly intuitive and works like it should. You can nest pages, create databases, use formulas in databases, and even link those databases. You can do anything with Notion!

Cons

The print view of Notion is pretty weak, but if you never need to print what's in there, you could just easily never leave.

Joey from Finance

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

One of the best productivity tools you can have!

Absolutely wonderful, I use it to organize my life!

Pros

Cons

sometimes it can be too blank a canvas, but they are slowing growing their template library to help with inspiration!

Polo from mienvío

A wiki, a todo list, a project tracker all in one app

Great, Notion has to be one of the best new products that have come out in the past few years. It has made a real change in team communication and knowledge data base inside my startup.

Pros

- Easy to use - The ways you can use it is beyond imagination - Tables, wiki pages you can even embed things like prototypes inside a page. - Easy to manage teams, and share files inside. - Forget about having your own company site for internal use, this is the thing to have. - The apps for mobile and tablet work so good.

Cons

- Has a little bit of learning curve but once you overcome it, the sky is the limit.

Best note-taking app I have used so far.

I use Notion mostly to organize my thoughts and meeting notes. Their block system is what makes Notion standout with other products. Since Notion has multiple block types, I have the flexibility to insert whatever I need into the note.

Pros

Has markdown support, this is the selling point for me. Slash command is one of the most used feature for me. Typing without leaving the keyboard is great, however, it doesn't always work.

Cons

Keyboard shortcuts do not always work. Some commonly used keyboard shortcuts (like adding new page, navigating between pages, etc) are missing from the web version.

Love love love this product

Pros

All time favorite! Love the fresh UI, intuitive design (things are where you expect them to be), and helps you stay organized and in fact, has contributed to my productivity—helping me establish a plan rather than procrastinate by trying to create a plan. Lots of customer-indicated functionalities (esp calendar view, list views of notes that allows you to filter and sort, etc.)

Cons

Nothing big. I absolutely love it. It can be very slow sometimes, and other times it randomly logs me out, but still worth it given how great the use cases are.

Eric from University of Nevada, Reno

Good for personal productivity/webapp, inadequate for students

I use Notion to document my life/work and design my work space. Notion does this really well and I really enjoy it. I find it frustrating that I cannot write inline math in text blocks since I am an engineering student. It is a good experience overall.

Pros

I love this software because it has many tools that I can use to monitor my health and work. It's very well designed and pleasant to use. I use it for a note documenting, journaling, and creative work showcase. This app has the potential to be the best app overall. Furthermore, the app is free for college students!

Cons

As a college student in the engineering field, I need to document a lot of equations. It is nice that Notion has equation blocks. However, I am unable to write inline math in text blocks. Writing equations in a block and commenting/annotating the variables in the equations in the text blocks is an essential tool for engineers. When Notion integrates the functionality of inline math in text blocks, it would be a perfect app for all students.

Matthew from Service Delivery

Can do just about anything you can imagine

Fantastic

Pros

Can do just about anything you can imagine. I replaced Trello Boards, Confluence type of documentation, Onenote, Todoist, Meetings, Databases, everything. The block style formatting takes a few minutes to get used to, but once you are in the groove you cannot be stopped. I use this tool for just about everything now. Sure it takes me a bit to type things up, categorize it, ect, but my productivity is way up now

Cons

Would like if there were an easier way to export it into Word or into a format that could easily be pasted into Outlook as many things I Notion require an email. Or have an outlook plug type of thing.