• Pros

• "Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software."

• "Love the endless customizations that you can do with this product. Create a template for literally anything and organize it however you like."

• "It is easy to get started, the UI isn't complex, you can note anything without having to google how to embed things every 5 minutes. It has a great share feature and works pretty good on the web too."

• Cons

• "It can be pretty slow to start up, and navigation has a lot of lag on mid-tier devices. Building and changing layouts can be difficult, and the offline functionality is sometimes limited."

• "The only thing that is difficult to navigate with Notion is that it's sometimes hard to start new templates because there are so many options to choose from."

Browse Notion Reviews

Ricardo from The Oxford School

The ultimate make-it-your-own knowledge system

Notion works well as an organizer of all things knowledge. In our school we use it to organize term and weekly planning, as a bookmark manager, and also to publish certain content for students in a "fenced" environment. This app can easily replace many other apps if the user knows what their specific needs are. Highly recommended.

Pros

Flexibility: Notion can be whatever you want it to be. Some folk use it to take notes, other people find it a great meeting organizer. I use it as a master database of all things work and personal: tasks, notes, calendar reminders, bookmark manager... You can program it to suit your needs. It is highly advisable to model in paper what is it that you want from Notion.

Cons

Notion is a very closed ecosystem. I would love it to synchronize with Google Calendar or for it to talk nicely. to Gmail. Not an option right now. The calendar view can benefit from a "weekly" or "agenda" view. Offline work is still a work in progress. Can become difficult to use if databases are not planned properly.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Evernote was way too simple for the level of complexity of information I manage.

Aleksandr from ===

One of tools I would not hesitate to recommend.

Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Pros

Notions acts as a backbone of your team in a term of article storage and discussion place. You see, it is very easy to say "a lot of systems offer article and document storage" but in reality most of them lack clean representation, simple but working hierarchy, sound way to discuss the document, comment it, and notify about the changes. More, notions allows you to attach arbitrary files and images to the document. You may even expose some pages of notion as a part of your website and they do look organic! Tables, icons, images, backrounds, labels - it is all there. Right you may name a lot of similar systems, but there is an distinctive thing about notions: it is concentrated on articles and information and it does that great! Notion offers very easy to learn, fast way to create document, similar to one you may find on Medium. We've tried a number of different approaches, including basecamp, confluence, slack, dropbox paper - notions is a clear winner. Notions does have native application for the both desktops and mobile systems. Notion may be integrated with a number of other products including Slack. You may even build your website using nothing else but notion itself. Notion requires just a bit of time to understand how much actually can be expressed with text, tables, checkboxes, labels, comments, images and files. This is revolution made using the set of a very simple things.

Cons

Here I am looking at 100min counter and having no idea what to write. The only thing what I am really scared of is that notion may attempt to change the focus and instead of master of articles become jack of all trades. Right now it is one of the rare products I use every day without any regrets.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

We were looking for an information system and notion.so does exactly that. Mind, it does not offer anything else, for instance there is no chats per se, issue trackers, planners, video conferences. Neither it should. Open youtube and search for, say, "notion.so planing things" and you will find a set of videos that shows how little you actually need to make your team or yourself perform better.

Nobody does data and documents like Notion does.

Notion is by far and away the best way I've found so far to work with data in documents. It starts from the concept of linked databases, and extends it from there to include structured documents. This has been very well implemented, allowing users to generate incredibly useful documents, by querying sets of data. The Notion support team is engaged, informed and very helpful. I have had several insightful discusssions with them during feature requests. Both the desktop and offline applications are smooth and usable, and have been improving continually.

Pros

- beautiful design - databases inside documents - Several useful templates for generating documents and databases - well-considered layout constraints allowing you to focus on content - easy to share content - powerful and ergonomic syntax

Cons

- lack of option for visualising data - no real offline mode

Reasons for Choosing Notion

The databases. We've long been searching for a way to keep data and documents in the same place, without plugins or extra costs. Notion does this extremely well and was an obvious choice, even to the point that we could ignore the current negative points. With time, we are confident that these features will be enabled, and at the moment, we are comfortable keeping our operational and business data in Notion.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Databases in documents. Only Coda seems to be able to do this, but Notion does it better.

John from John Grattan SEO & Web Design

Fantastic Tool for Managing All My Notes

Overall, I am very happy with Notion. I have been using it for years for taking notes and I find it to be reliable, convenient, and very helpful with organizing my notes. I highly recommend Notion for anyone that needs a single app with quick shortcuts for taking notes.

Pros

I love Notion's block editor! Anytime I try other software that has something similar I always compare it to Notion's top-notch block editor. Everything is so easy to type/add/remove/switch/duplicate/move. I love having all the shortcuts. This easily beats using something basic like Google Docs or any other rich text editor. I also love how quickly I can customize my headings. Over the years I've created my standard note-taking styles/template and it really helps me see everything exactly how I want it. Notion is hands down the best note-taking app out there!

Cons

Prior to the API, I could never take Notion as a serious contender in the CRM/PM tool space. Without an API and built-in integrations, there just isn't a chance. Now that Notion has an API, things should get quite interesting and I look forward to seeing what people do with it.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

I never really liked the look and feel of Evernote. I much prefer Notion's dark mode with the block editor.

Olakunle from Olakunle Oladehin

Notion reflects how I think

Notion is one of the few tools that I open up daily to get a sense of where I am. Though it lacks some power and reputation of tools like Evernote, it makes up in an innovative approach to capturing ideas. I don't find myself trying to remember tags or keywords because the information is exactly where I need it to be within a few clicks.

Pros

Notion just makes sense to me. As a data-driven individual, I am always thinking about how what I do relates to each other. The ability to use database-driven linkages between articles, tables, notes, media, and bookmarks helps Notion work as my second brain. Information isn't siloed into folders or hierarchies and thus becomes more functional. Outside of work collaboration, Notion is my go-to for personal organization.

Cons

People either hate or love Notion and I understand. The biggest drawback is the learning curve. Though intuitive to me as someone who works with and manages databases, I understand that it's not as easy to get up and going. There is a lot to learn to really maximize your ROI and some teams won't have the time to step back from work to really dive into a new way of thinking.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion was a more actionable platform than Evernote.

Great collaboration, documentation and task management tool

We love it on our team and would be lost without it. If we were to lose Notion, we would have to replace it with several other tools.

Pros

Notion is robust enough that we can store our documentation here, share with the whole team and manage our meetings and project tasks all in one place. If there's something to do, we know where to find it.

Cons

Formatting text is somewhat limited, but fine most cases. The mobile apps are very convenient but some of the features for iPad do match up to the desktop experience.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion is more robust and has a better history.

Tam from MyKey Real Estate Marketing

Notion rocks, whether you want a notes page or complex tracking.

Notion is my task manager, high level overview page, personal notes tracker, presentation-writing software, and helps me do my bookkeeping.

Pros

It's totally customizable. It's not every day that you use something that can be as simple as Google Docs but as complicated as Wordpress all in one function. They've done an amazing job of making it perfect from day 1, but giving you so much that you can learn and do to make it even better. My favourite feature is the toggle function and it was the sole reason that I used notion, at first. Now I use way more features as I learned about them over time.

Cons

It does take some time to learn how to use notion to it's full effect. I still don't even know very much about it, considering how much it could do.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

I made the switch away from Trello because Trello was limited to exclusively a KanBan board. if you wanted something else, you'd need to have a trello account but then an account to a different site for other features. With notion, I can have everything trello offers, PLUS everything multiple other services offer, all in one place.

Caitlin from Leg Up Marketing + Communications

Industry: Environmental Services

I'm a Notion convert

Notion is a great platform that can be used in a variety of ways. We're moved a ton of content from Google Docs, Dropbox, and our website over to Notion since it's so easy to customize and link to existing content, upload files, and embed images.

Pros

I absolutely LOVE Notion. At first, I was skeptical of adding another program to our mix, especially one that would take the place of using additional pages on our website. It's an incredibly valuable platform for quickly creating landing pages for external members that are easy to customize and keep updated.

Cons

My only complaint is that the website is sometimes down. Since we host so much content on the site, it can really throw a wrench it a workday if the site isn't working.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

We needed a place to store files that could be updated frequently, but with additional text to describe the files, something that Dropbox wasn't able to do.

It really can be your "second brain"

I was able to combine what had been multiple SaaS tools into Notion, which is a major time saver when it comes to search and connecting data. I fear, however, having all my eggs in one basket. People have said when their internet is off, they cannot work. With multiple tools, you have less risk, if one is down you can use another. It'd be good of Notion worked offline and synched (like Evernote), but I imagine due to the highly collaborative nature of this software that might be technically unfeasible.

Pros

Many people call Notion a way to create your "second brain" in that you can capture, collect, manage, and retrieve literally anything.

Cons

Steep learning curve. I've watched hours and hours of how-to training videos on YouTube and I still feel like I've got a long way to go to master the use of this tool.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

To be able to relate data easily, and eliminate double-entries of data.

Tayshiro from LTD Hunt

A flexible well-developed notetaking tool with extras

I used Notion for several projects, mainly because with Table' formulas, I can add in the same project, a Scope and a Finances sheet with everything I need to present a proposal or the progress of a project.

Pros

It's a really easy tool to use. You can create posts, articles, logs, and organize info in no time. But the thing I like the most is the table feature. Really powerful. In second it would be the ability to share pages as templates. A real-time-saver!

Cons

As it's a complex tool behind the scenes, the development is a bit on the slow side. So you don't see big upgrades coming often. What I wish it was better: more PM features, and a faster development

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Monthly Price of Trello and Asana for solopreneurs that drove me away to look for new solutions!

Elliott from Music

Industry: Music

The everything app

I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion. I'm currently moving my task and project management into there (using the system that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] teaches on his YouTube channel), and this is really exciting for me. I'm a musician, teacher and conductor, and one of the great things here has been developing a database of scores and pieces, so I include data based on my own criteria, as well as just collecting links to articles and recordings etc. I was able to use it for much of the admin in teaching a band program, as well as lesson planning and assessment. A particular strength in that was an inventory of equipment, as well as the sheet music library. This was great because more details could be included specific to one type of item without cluttering up the main list of equipment. e.g. I can list how many guitars we have overall in the main list, but then within the Guitar entry include specific details on the make/model/quantity/condition within that page. It can be a bit overwhelming and get a bit cluttered if you don't have a system. But the fact that everything is a page (including every entry in a database) means that over time you can work out what structure and system works for you, rather than one imposed on you from the outside. This is great, but it can require some thinking and time to set up. It saves you time in the long run, and can make your knowledge management (for personal, professional, or leisure use) really amazing.

Pros

The ability to make everything a database, and link relationally is so powerful, and implemented in an easy to use way. But when jumping in for the first time, you can just start with notes, images, in a familiar hierarchical setup, so it is very accessible. You can present the databases in a table, list, board (kanban) or gallery style (probably more), and put views to each database in any page. This has the power to do almost everything, but it's easy, reliable, it looks great and I can get it any device or web. Over time I've found new ways to use it and set it up for my daily life and workflow.

Cons

There are some minor features that I'd like to see added, but over time I have seen Notion adding features I previously wanted, plus lots I didn't know I wanted (and lots that are probably relevant to other users but not to me personally). But in terms of functionality, I wouldn't bother listing them here, because I am pretty sure that the main ones will eventually be added! In terms of interface, the support for on screen keyboard on Windows, and sometimes typing things in on Android can be inconsistent and annoying. I'd love to see features to add in ink drawings or annotate images, so that I can use my stylus on my windows convertible laptop more easily. This would probably remove the last couple of use cases for OneNote that I have.

Milica from Poshtel

Fantastic for personal and professional use

After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

Pros

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all 2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people 3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app 4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

Cons

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

It's just slightly better than trello, but nowhere near to Notion.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

It didn't have all my company needs, I wanted a solution with more options in terms of visual presentation, linking data, type and number of uploads, etc.

Daniel from Mable

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Pros

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications. The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show it. This makes the learning curve of notion virtually non-existent and creates unparalleled flexibility in the structure and style. I find that the simple and uncluttered UI helps clear my mind and focus on the current task. The data management is superb with extensive sorting, classification and customisation features for the spreadsheet and databases functions. The timeline features are also an extremely welcome addition in the recent updates and allow for the seamless moving of date-specific records. There are countless useful templates as well which certainly help give me ideas about what I wanted my Notion notes to look like.

Cons

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal. Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are solutions to this through Google Text Fonts. There are also a few limitations of the free Personal Plan but if you needed the full collaborative features of Notion, your company would usually pay for that. The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible. However, this isn't at all a deal-breaker as there is usually internet everywhere. Notion has also indicated that they are focusing on this problem for future updates. The mobile app is also sluggish at times but it is mostly alright.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion was simply the better package for the reasons I have mentioned above.

The ultimate knowledge sharing tool

I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

Pros

The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

Cons

There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

I never got any real value out of Evernote, apart from having a bunch of unordered notes and clippings sitting there. Right, I took notes of my meetings and decissions ... but Evernote never felt right. Classification is confusing and lacking, UX is poor, features are missing ... I was actually happy to make the switch, even with a full semester prepaid.

Kartik Ahuja™ from Young Engine

Best Brain Dump & Organising tool ever!

All documentation went into notion; its amazingly good!

Pros

1) Create nested pages, tables, etc - you can go as deep as you want 2) It has a VERY good and easy to use mobile app 3) It has replaced my google drive (not sheets - yet), Evernote, todoist, local notes, anything random that used to go anywhere else 4) I was even able to create a lot of linked database that works well 5) I started just for personal but enjoyed dumping all my brain thoughts here, it made it very good to capture more thoughts around business too; then moved the company docs and wikis; then right now moving the tasks for the team and Dark mode, lol - and good pricing with unlimited storage

Cons

1) Increasing the speed of opening pages on mobile and desktop apps 2) i would love to see an offline version too 3) Sometimes the sync is slow - if i have made the change in mobile; it wont reflect instantly in the desktop app. It takes a minute or two, or sometimes reloading the page

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Database feature, filters, constant improvement, backed up good VCs & Investors. Hard to find a good startup that is well funded as well listens to its consumers and has so many user generated tutorials around.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

1) Not much improvements 2) not much scalable as per my usecase 3) hard to setup tables

Megan from Self employed

Industry: Online Media

Notion is a great tool to organize just about anything

I use Notion to plan blog posts, collect research, make notes and save webpages. It has almost fully replaced evernote for me. I really love the mobile app and can see this tool developing further so it will be an all in one go to tool for organizing and planning.

Pros

You can organize your entire life using Notion, your work, study and home life can all be taken care of within Notion. You can replace so many other tools with this one tool that runs on your computer or phone. There is heaps of templates to get you started such as calendars, to do lists, meeting notes, saved websites and much more.

Cons

There could be a bit more of a similar way to bookmark webpages like evernote but this functionality is developing.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Because it has so many options and templates. I like the layout. I still use some of the other tools but I don't really need to when I have notion.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Because it was cheaper and there is other things I can do using Notion that evernote doesn't offer, evernote is more to save webpages and make notes for me but Notion has a range of other features.

Björn from Pleo

Beyond happy with Notion. I don't think I could ever work without it in the future

Personally I use Notion everyday to track my OKRs (objectives and key results) and document all my learnings. Out with Google sheets and links everywhere - in with notion pages. With possibilities of adding virtually anything into the pages (timelines, tables, videos, images, etc..), it makes everything much more clear and readable. It has become a core tool in our internal communication. On top of that, you can even create pages for external use. I believe Pento are a great example [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] They literally use it as an employer branding tool to present their company to the world. Why not do something like that for your company? :)

Pros

What I like the most with Notion is that I do not even know where to start to describe it. We use it for so many things in our company. Each team has their own space where they can drive their own projects - some may have some high level presentations of the people in the team, others like marketing use it for their "project requests". All in all I feel that everything is just much more organised as soon as it is in notion. The important is probably to start with a good structure and then make sure everyone knows how to use it.

Cons

When it has not been structured, it can get chaotic. Make sure you have a great "base" and then onboard all the users with some guidelines, and it will all be great!

Eshaan from Flipkart

Best Life OS there is

It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well. I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion. Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

Alson from ash+zelkova

Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

Pros

The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

Cons

There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion is not just a todo app but allow you create a wiki and knowledge base on it as well.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Things is a Apple-only software and some of my staffs use Windows instead.

The holy grail of organization

Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion has a superior experience in creating and formatting notes, as well as embedding different media types and relational databases.

Best note-taking app of 2019

I use Notion daily to organize my personal life and mainly my company. Nowadays we are using Notion Kanban view to organize our clients, and this is app does it perfectly! You can share with your clients some determined information and hide the rest to not overwhelm them with extra information, this is one of its best features. This app has too many amazing features to point out in one review.

Pros

The ability to organize an insane amount of data without losing control or missing information. Also, it is easy to learn and understand how the interface works.

Cons

The mobile version has some bugs, definitely needs some specific improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I love Todoist, but it is not the ideal app to manage a big amount of data.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion is easier to use and has more features than Trello.

Rick from Sandoval Agency

So long Evernote! Hello notion

I run my personal business, collaborate with coworkers, and even do personal project management with the same account all under the free tier. It's become my go-to for everything that Evernote used to do for me, but with WAAAAY more features and functionality.

Pros

The thing I love most about Notion is how customizable it is. Even at the free personal tier, I don't see the majority if individuals needing to expand to the paid version. Any time a product can give so much value at the FREE level, means they're in it for the long haul and they're the real deal.

Cons

The blocks setup makes copy and pasting a little tricky. You can't just copy a whole entry and paste it into google docs or an email with out having to fix it on the paste side of things. Small issue but not that big of a deal for everything that it can do.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I chose Notion because of its database structure. The ability to easily link between pages and tables makes this such a versatile tool for anyone trying to get their life together.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion can handle it all and it's such a slick interface. It's one of the few apps that I like in both light and dark mode.

Powerful and versatile

I started simple: just taking notes, and storing information- similar to a wiki type setup. From there, I started connecting the information to create a dashboard of tasks, meeting notes, contacts, questions and reference data. Now it’s an indispensable tool for both short term (weekly priorities) and long term data storage and access.

Pros

Notion is a powerful information repository. Very customizable to suit most any need to document, analyze and share information with your team, or just reference yourself.

Cons

While you can easily get started, the power in in relational databases - interconnecting, different blocks of information and bring it together for easy analysis and consumption. This can take some time to master. Adding functions takes this to whole other level.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Consolidate tools to better associate data together

Alexandro from Alexandro Puglia

Notion : Le meilleur logiciel de prise de notes GRATUIT à ce jour

L'ayant utilisé pendant longtemps déjà, je l'ai conseiller tous mes amis et partenaires, je leur ai dit : "Croyez-moi, vous avez besoin de cet outil", car j'ai été ravi de le l'utiliser. En tant qu'utilisateur d'outils d'organisation, je dirais qu'il n'y a rien de plus flexible, de plus convivial et de plus intelligent que Notion. Je suis reconnaissant envers les créateurs de ce produit, il m'a vraiment facilité mon travail au quotidien.

Pros

1. Une grande flexibilité - il vous permet de personnaliser vos pages comme vous le souhaitez, il est très complet. Que vous ayez besoin d'un simple tableaux, d'écrire un texte texte, d'un outils de gestion de projet, de listes de tâches, Notion a tout pour vous 2. Des raccourcis et des liens pour tout - une fois que vous serez devenu un utilisateur avancé, vous terminerez votre travail plus rapidement que vous ne pourriez l'imaginer, car il dispose des boutons pour chaque actions. Vous pouvez également lier les pages et extraire les données d'une page à l'autre, ce qui est incroyablement important lorsque vous gérez des projets et des personnes 3. Parfait pour un usage à la fois personnel et privé - je stocke mes listes de divers tâches. 4. Il y a une grande communauté en ligne qui vous permettront de tirer le meilleur parti de ce logiciel.

Cons

ça serait bien d'avoir plus d'intégrations avec d'autres services et la possibilité d'étendre les fonctionnalités ici avec des plugins. Parfois, ce n'est pas suffisant. J'espère que les développeurs continueront à développer le service et à faire tout cela, de façon à avoir une appli optimal.

KRYSTAL from Princeton Community Media LLC (owner)

Notion keeps my business and me organized

I've been using Notion for a little more than a year. It really helped me organize my business. I used to have all my documents and links and business plans and projects scattered all over the place. Now everything is in one place, and I keep Notion open all day for quick reference to items I need, like canned common responses to customers when they ask common questions, or the goals and tasks for my latest projects.

Pros

I am a visual person, and Notion has a clean layout. You can create documents, lists and more that are easy to read. I love all the templates they offer for different kinds of tasks and projects. I have taken several templates from Notion and customized them for my own use.

Cons

I would love more integrations with other software and apps so that I could sync them all.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion seems to have so man features while being visually appealing. I wanted one go-to app to manage everything. Others had limitations,so I previous was using multiple apps.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion is more user friendly and I like how clean and simple it is. I love the layout options. It is also very reliable.

Audrey from Penn State University

This app is an all-in-one that can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be.

I work at a University and Notion is free with an @edu account, so I feel very lucky to get to use this for free. First off, it's super helpful that they provide templates for common things you might want to do organized by categories: Design, Education, Engineering, Human Resources, Marketing, Personal, and Product Management. It also provides a selection of user-created templates. Amazing! So, as a beginner, you can play around with a template to start learning the ropes and possibilities. And the possibilities are ENDLESS. I think my first use case was to use the official Pokedex template that Notion provides. #nerd I play Pokemon Go, so I modified it to track my dex, but also keep track of the Luckies, Shinies, and trades I have lined up. I embarrassingly use this page the most. I created my own templates for Home Repairs (a CRM, Timeline, and budget) and Home Maintenance checklists for the entire year. I planned a trip that I shared with friends that included Places, Events, and Shopping Lists. And finally, have been trying to use it to replace my Google Spreadsheets for family finances and budgeting. Like I mentioned in the Cons, it's a bit tricky to get it set up exactly like I have it in spreadsheets, but I'm prone to overcomplicating things, so it's to be expected. I am at times thrown off by how slow it can become, but since the latest update that addresses this, I don't know that I've noticed the lagging anymore. I still am pretty motivated to keep using it.

Pros

- Pre-made templates, both official and user-generated - Mostly intuitive (more complex relational database stuff requires more planning/experimentation) - Kind of like a combination of Evernote, Google Docs/Spreadsheets, Trello, Journal, and website all integrated together. Plus all sorts of other things I haven't even tried yet. - Customizable features like emoji and page banners - Can import from Evernote, Asana, Trello, GDocs, Word, Dropbox, and other formats. - Create teams to share pages with - Can now create flowcharts, wireframes, and mind maps!

Cons

- Has been known to lag and slow down your device quite a bit. (However, a 2/2020 update may have fixed this.) - Spreadsheets are a little tricker than what I'm used to when using Google Spreadsheets. I feel it takes more work to get the result/flexibility you might want.

Jakub from mediaform, s.r.o.

Colorful but working very fine

Notion is a great tool for doing project documentation and management. The simple possibility to link to blocks of content accross the workspace is great and it offers most of building blocks one can desire. From paragraphs and to-dos to embeded boards from third-party software like Figma and Miro. In the trial you get 1000 buiding blocks for free, which you use up very quickly, since every paragraph is a block. But you can switch to the Private Plan and have unlimited blocks and some collaboration anyway.

Pros

At first I was not convinced about the user interface, but after using it fo r a while everything seems to have its right place on the screen and is really stripped down to its essentials. The content building blocks are a big help and make some constraints for users. Having the possibility to reorder blocks and paragraphs is great and should be integrated in every editor.

Cons

The steep pricing of the team plan and also sometimes it is hard to create a content block at a specific place (right after e divider line etc.) The inability to set default timezone settings for time related calendar items. (still have to switch from AM/PM to 24hrs format)

Speed of use.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notin is not run locally and we don't need to do any management.

Haszilah from Telekom Malaysia

Get organized with Notion

Pros

To me, the Notion concept makes perfect sense. As a data-driven personality, I am always considering how my work relates to one another. Notion's capacity to employ database-driven interconnections between documents, charts, memos, multimedia, and bookmarks aids its role as my second brain. Because information isn't separated into files or hierarchies, it becomes more valuable. Notion is my personal organizer.

Cons

I understand why people either dislike or like Notion. However, the most significant disadvantage is the steep learning curve. Being someone who deals with and maintains the database, I agree that having it up and running isn't always as simple. There's a long road ahead to increase your ROI, and some companies won't get the opportunity to take a break from work to fully immerse themselves in a new mindset.

The next generation productivity king!!!!!

The overall experience is superb. The lightweight super functional app also has iOS apps which i love.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the very idea behind it. It is one of those pieces of software that you never knew you needed until you actually saw it and started using it. It falls in that amazing sweet spot between note-taking, todo list management, and personal database management. It is hard to explain the sheer utility of this app. And therein lies its beauty. Each person can customize it in any way they want. There are blocks that you can customize any way you want - todos, notes, headlines, comments, etc. I love the comments feature, it is super useful when there is a ton of notes on a subject. But the standout feature is the lightweight relational database that is absolutely the best for personal productivity. For example, you can track your bills and their status along with the details and due date in a database that is created as a block in your personal finance page. You can have many pages nested one under the other. Alongside you can have another small database that tracks your credit/debit cards, coupons, etc. It is super useful and you can manage any information from recipes to contacts.

Cons

The free plan has a limit of a 1000 blocks which is too little. But it is free for students, so that is a plus.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

The database inside a note-taking app feature is the main reason I chose this over Evernote. Until you use it you won't understand the sheer utility value of that feature. Now all my personal information is stored in this format.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

The database inside a note-taking feature is absolutely brilliant and is the only reason for my switching from Evernote. Was painful because I had a lot of content in Evernote over the years, but totally worth the one-time effort to get all my notes into Notion.

One tool to rule them all

It changed the way I used to plan for my personal life and work. I can sketch an idea or take a quick note and then give them a structure. This is absolutely stunning.

Pros

Can I say everything? Notion it's an absolute game changer in the productivity tool industry. It comes like a note taking app but has all the tools you need to turn it into whatever you need to manage your life and work. The thing I absolutely love is how easy it is to configure it to your needs while you are using it!

Cons

Actually it lacks integration with other softwares, so it cannot be the automated hub for al your task juggling. Moreover the Android app is a little slow and the offline mode is not the best.

Theodore K. from designbytk.com

My Resource, Task and Workflow Dashboard of Choice

In using Notion on a daily basis, it is a hub for my activities.

Pros

There is so much to like about Notion. From the ease of use to the abundance of data and input types. The relational database features are so powerful and intuitive. It's hard not to use it ... a huge part of my daily workflow.

Cons

Still waiting on a public facing API to expand the existing potential of Notion.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion offered a desktop and mobile app. Then once I started using it I was hooked.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

It was time. The creation model of Notion just feels more natural to my workflow. Evernote became just a place to archive information, no longer any use case.

Jason from Internet

Notion is promising and surprising

I like the multi-user sharing function, so I can collaborate with people when working on documents. The live updates of people making changes via email is most helpful. I can see when a change was made and what it is. Overall, there are investing alot into basics and wow-factor. In terms of more complicated features, there is much catching up.

Pros

I use Notion daily to track my personal finances. I like how fast, reliable, and well built the product is. There is alot of thought gone into developing it, such as the use of shortcut commands, emojis for fun, and there is a whole lot of advanced functionality that I have not had the time to explore yet. In terms of the Wow effect, it is definitely comparable to Things 3. However, I think there is still a long way to go for it to have full-fledge features as compared to incumbents like Evernote or Airtable.

Cons

I dislike how Notion can sometimes be too generic. I wonder if Notion segments its users, and give advanced tools for people using Notion for certain purposes. Sure it's great for note taking such as having the browser extension or documentation (which I am a fan of) but there are certain features that seem to be lagging behind. For starters, creating and formatting a table is a horribly hard process. It's nowhere near Google Sheets or Excel. So for people using Notion to do more table, number or finance-related functions, it could be a challenge. It can take a page out of Slack's book, and offer more integrations for features they do not want to replicate.

Girish from Practitioner

Industry: Veterinary

Hope of the Future Organizational Software

Recently Notion has made a great improvement in its overall features and robustness, but still, it hangs many a time and can't really be relied on for sure. I see it as a FUTURE OF THE ORGANISATIONAL SOFTWARE if it continues to improve its reliability and features on android.

Pros

1. Overwhelming options and choices. The all-in-one software for organizational purpose. 2. Complete flexibility 3. High-performance database system 4. Awesome synchronisation 5. Highly structured yet flexible for use 6. Unlimited depth for nesting 7. Awesome views 8. If weaknesses are removed, it is really a revolutionary app for organizational use. All the modern concepts like building a second brain coming up and old ones like GTD can seamlessly be implemented using the Notion.

Cons

1. Not robust... hangs and breaks every now and then. 2. No widgets for android (This is a big hurdle.) 3. No tab system for easy navigation. 4. Can't connect with widely used services like Google and Microsoft calendar. 5. Expensive as a collaboration app 6. Restrictions on timeline view if used as a free version 7. Table view is not to the par. it looks weird 8. Can't set shortcuts for the Databases and view on home screen either on android or on windows. 9. No option to annotate the attached pdfs then and there. Can't search the pdfs either. 10. Notion notification is not really trustworthy. Many a time, it notifies much late.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

OneNote lacks many features like task management, databases, nested blocks and it is totally hopeless on android. On android phones, the OneNote pages can only be viewed. If you try to edit them, you'll face n number of difficulties and glitches.

Lucy from InFact Digital Co-operative

I love this product

I love it. We use it for everything at work now.

Pros

The amount of effort which goes into thinking about the design. How easy it is to make your own thing. How complicated it can be if you want, but also how simple it can be if you don't. The fact that we can design all our own systems and processes and have them in one place.

Cons

I think sometimes I've noticed it being difficult to get other people involved on specific documents without having to add them as a user - which isn't really worth it for eg. one page.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

We weren't looking for a new product exactly, but we started using Notion for personal stuff and it just slowly took over!

Reasons for Switching to Notion

I could only write one product above, but actually Notion replaced a number of tools for us in some ways - Google Drive, Github, Airtable, Notes

David from Deep Planet

Industry: Farming

Really good software to collaborate as a startup

Able to collaborate with global team, put in notes and research for later, and keep on track of status of items.

Pros

Create sharable boards for each function of the business to collaborate on.

Cons

Working out billing was a bit of a pain.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

In the free trial it seemed the most usable and consistent with our requirements. Monday was difficult to do research. Visuals make it good to use

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Difficult to track status and organize like the business with Trello, and manage multiple Trello board.

Jorge from Bolteam

Notion its a MUST for Agencies or Freelancers

Keep track of all ours internal and projects TODO's. The platform gives the ability to my team to communicate in real time to keep a good follow up of the activities.

Pros

This help us to organize all our work and company. We have serveral dashbords to keep track of the most important TODOS inside our company and all our clients. It offers a solid structure to keep all ours TODOS, Client files, KPIS, Meeting notes, etc, but it depends on a good foundation you must build for long term.

Cons

It takes time to make the right format for your company. Notion offer a lot of templates but at first its complicated to visualize the whole thing you need to link between the dynamic databases. When you start to master it, its easy and a solid structure.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I have a small team and notion cover all my needs with a good pricing per user.

Alexandra from Zagga Creative

The project management platform I've been dreaming of!

Incredible. So easy to implement, I switched from anther project management tool and was stressed about the undertaking but it went so seamlessly. I can't say enough great things about this tool, it's so powerful and organized so simply that it makes it incredibly easy to use.

Pros

It's simple and yet incredibly feature rich, allowing you to customize every page to the way that you process and organize information. The search tool is powerful and with so many formatting/layout options Notion gets rid of the need for Google Docs. The price is also insanely great and their free option let's you try it out first before you commit.

Cons

The only feature I would say is missing is a chat option. Team members can easily collaborate on documents, tagging each other and leaving comments but having a chat feature that functions like Slack would be awesome so it's truly an all in one platform.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Basecamp had some features missing, there weren't enough custom options for organizing information or formatting documents. I found my team still needed to use Google Docs/Drive and with so many communication options on Basecamp people were getting confused on where to look for information. It is also incredibly expensive compared to Notion unless you have a large team of over 10 people.

Erick from GESUAS

Notion was great, now, after the personal plan limit removal it's awesome

I really love it. Gave my life organization, a really needed dashboard to concentrate most of my things.

Pros

Don't get me wrong, I know there are situations where a dedicated software is needed, but for many people, that only needs a note keeper, a simple kanban or task list, Notion is perfect. Since the removal of the limitation on personal plans, Notion is my go-to app for organizing my life that was scattered back then. I simply love it.

Cons

The personal plan is perfect for me, but I miss the possibility of inviting friends or my partner to collaborate in some pages. Also, for being so many things at the same time, it has some kind of learning curve compared to competitor like One Note, Trello or Evernote which are somewhat intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

To bring everything together in one place.

Goodbye Asana, Hello Notion

Pros

As a longtime user of Asana, I always wished the properties for tasks were more customizable. Notion solves this problem and then some. Within a week, I had set off on a quest to consolidate information for my company that was spread across Google Docs, Sheets, and Asana, all into Notion. It does it all, and it does it all in an infinitely customizable way. Want to view a PDF, a table, images, and embedded videos all in one page? Easy. Want to create a database that serves multiple departments across your company? Piece of cake. It's so customizable that I even began to use it to track things in my personal life - goals, recipes, bills, notes. It is truly the ultimate planner.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to understanding exactly how Notion operates (databases, pages, relations, permissions) but this comes with any software. But once I had my "a-ha!" moment, I realized just how much information I would be able to organize all within one app.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

There were specific capabilities that Notion had that Asana did not. The properties were much more customizable in Notion, and a large quantity of items are now able to be tracked across departments at our company more easily.

Maciej from Maciej Nowak

Your command center

I use it to plan and track my professional and personal life. The power of this app lies in its customization capabilities.

Pros

Notion is an app that allows you to plan, coordinate, log and manage various activities - professional and personal. It is a powerful app and there is nothing like it on the market.

Cons

There is a somewhat steep learning curve, but that is because Notion greets you with "here you have some building blocks, you can build anything you like". It may be intimidating at first. Yet Notion gives you many great templates to start with and you may find many videos to learn how to use it.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Evernote is a great note taking app (and posiibly the best one in that area), but Notion has many many more features, besides note taking.

Nicholas from Insikt, Inc.

Like Confluence But "Playful"

Pros

Notion is great- It combines the project-management features of Confluence and JIRA in one environment. It's very intuitive, anyone can pick it up on their first day. It's great for documenting how things work, how stuff was done, etc. Tons of helpful in-line features like tables and gallery view. Lovely integration of emojis. Page nesting very helpful for building out a "manual" to your business.

Cons

There is one really frustrating issue with Notion: It's way too easy to edit. Simply clicking on an article or ticket can wipe away it's title or content. I've done this more than once. I'll be poking around some documentation left by an engineer and accidentally re-write a portion of the notion page. Another smaller issuer is that they don't index tickets (like JIRA). Since there is no numerical value assigned to the 100s of engineering tix, it can be cumbersome referencing them.

Steep curve of learning

It's a good application to share a knowledge base between coworkers. Even you can use it to "stitch" together documents in other services (like a Table of Contents). The ability to create multiple kinds of text (code, toggle blocks, to-do lists...), and the databases to organize info makes it useful for multiple sectors (marketing, developers, etc.). Even you can start with example templates and start to learn if it fits your needs.

Pros

You can use it from the first minute to take rich notes. It has a lot of features that lets you create a rich wiki-style knowledge repository. Then you can learn about its quite powerful database system, that lets you use pages as database rows, to organize your info in rows and columns. It has good integrations with Google Drive and other systems, so you can embed documents from other sources.

Cons

It lacks an API or other system that lets you connect with other apps, create actions though buttons and similar things. As of Aug 2020, they say they're developing an API. Some tricks and features of the app are difficult to understand or discover (tiny details with databases and so). Team plans are a little expensive (and not clearly explained) if you want to use more than one workspace per user.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

I switched from Evernote because I found that there's a problem with tons of notes if they're not related between them. Notion lets me do this and relate notes between them quickly.

Panos from Olvia Systems S.A.

Industry: Industrial Automation

The Swiss knife of collaboration and management software

We are in a position to manage complex projects while including context information about the project and its elements in a non-intrusive manner. We can manage projects and at the same time update and expand the information we gather for various elements using one system. Magic!

Pros

The ability to have any type of process, project concept and issue managed by a team of people in a simple and easy to use platform with options to connect from a computer, mobile phone or tablet.

Cons

It does not have an external directory of templates where users can upload templates they develop for their own projects.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion combines many types of functionality that are not available or easy to use with Asana.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Trello is an excellent agile tool overall but it does not have the necessary depth for complex projects.

One of the best pieces of software I have ever loved.

I have loved the way that Notion allows me to organize my workspace in exactly the way I choose.

Pros

It's hard to narrow down what I like most about Notion, but I love the flexibility. Not only has it replaced my use of other tools (Trello, Airtable, some Google Docs), but it performs some of their functions in an even better way. The interface is clean, and the keyboard controls make the experience smooth and fast. I feel like Notion works as an extension of my brain in a way that other products never have.

Cons

Integration. They keep saying they are going to add integrations and an API, but until it gets here, Notion lives in its own little world.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

It was much more flexible and I could shape it to just what I wanted it to.

Sarah from Notion Consulting

THE best note-taking apps that I've ever used.

The tool is SO versatile, can be used for both individual and collaborative use. I've literally used this for organizing my wedding plans, but also used it for work to organize my team's shared resources. The possibilities are endless.

Pros

You could use it for pretty much anything under the sun: project management for teams, creating lists or simple note-taking, knowledge management (you could organize all of your company's resources in one place and direct your team members there, such as for onboarding). I've heard it being called Word on steroids, although I'd say it can also be Excel on Steroids. Notion also has a huge variety of templates that can help you get started with a certain format, but also is helpful to give you ideas for how you can use the tool.

Cons

Because the tool has so many uses, there is definitely a learning curve of getting the hang of it, but it's definitely worth diving in to learn.

Vanessa from 1K Growth Media

Notion is a lifesaver for entrepreneurs with ADHD

Pros

As an entrepreneur, Notion has been a dream come true for its knowledge management functionality and ease of use. As someone with ADHD, Notion has been a lifesaver for me to create *custom* layouts and workflows that best fit how my brain operates. I love being able to customize my workspace in a way that helps keep me organized and focused - something very challenging for me! Everyone has a unique way in which they operate that allows them to work productive and efficient and Notion gives people freedom to create the workspace and workflow that is custom fit to our unique needs. And there are so many customizable templates to start off with so you don’t even have to create from scratch if you don’t want to. One of my favorite features is how you can change the view of the data you’re looking at. You can view the same data in an image gallery view, in kanban columns, in a table, on a timeline, or in a calendar view. Many notion users, myself included, like that Notion allows you to create a life operating system - a series of workflows that allow you to stay aligned, organized, and focused on making progress on the life you’ve designed for yourself (business & personal).

Cons

I love Notion so much it’s hard to think of flaws.

Lee from XOi technologies

Highly flexible note-taking and data management

Notion has become crucial in my work life. If I didn't have Notion, I know I would be less organized and less productive.

Pros

The way I structure my notes and databases is entirely up to me. This allows me to track projects with tasks inside them, issues that are linked to each other, or just a simple list of notes. The amount of things I can keep track of in Notion is really surprising.

Cons

The rate of development seems to have slowed down. An "API" was at the top of their roadmap a year ago. It still hasn't been delivered, and they've removed public access to their roadmap.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion's ability to have databases that link to each other, and the flexibility of organization in Notion.

Teresa from Multiverso

Your own online, collaborative bullet journal, with lots of useful templates

I started using Notion as an organization tool for my personal life, as suggested by a friend. I really appreciated how easily customizable it was and the number of design / PM related templates they had, so I started using it in my design projects as well. It has been working out well for me, but I still resort to Google Suite for many things where Notion is lacking, such as Sheets and Calendar.

Pros

It has a vast amount of templates suited for almost any need, and they are incredibly easy to customize.

Cons

I find it hard to change a page's template / form after it has been set. I usually resort to deleting it and starting over, but that can be a pain when you're starting a new page and trying out different templates. Tables can be a bit confusing, and aren't very good if you're looking to perform calculations.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

I enjoy how customizable Notion is as opposed to Trello, as an organization and planning tool.

Tara from What Works

Notion changed my life

Notion has allowed my team to completely integrate our projects, planning, and task management. Whereas before we managed different parts of the business separately, now it's all together. It helps everyone stay on the same page and connect their work to bigger goals.

Pros

Notion is completely customizable. I make it do what I want it to do. It lets me organize tasks, projects, and information to match the way my brain works instead of making me conform to a different system.

Cons

The fact that it's completely customizable can be overwhelming--but it's worth working through. The only other con is that it doesn't have a Zapier integration yet so there is so much more that could be automated.

Asana makes me angry...

I am OBSESSED with Notion! - Highly customizable note-taking, task management, and so much more.

I usually don't write things in caps but in the case of Notion, I have to. I am genuinely super into this tool and feel like it's the answer I've been looking all over for. Sometimes it's easy to discover a new tool and think "This will change my life!" or "Oh, now, I'm gonna be so productive!" and usually the excitement fades after a while and we revert to our base levels of operation but I think Notion is gonna remain great (and valuable)! It is also a delight to use visually. Overall, I am super happy with this product mainly because it is a "catch-all". It has a place for all my random notes, my reading list, a database of recipes, a task overview for work along with a kanban board, and anything else.

Pros

- My favorite thing is the hierarchy system which isn't as "deep" in some competitor tools. Often you can have notebooks, and chapters within them, and maybe one more level within that. With Notion, this seems to be endless! - Another favorite thing I have about Notion is the different formats in which you can keep your notes/information/tasks. It can look like a sheet, a kanban board, and more. You also don't have to choose just one but can easily switch between different views. - It is super customizable (which can be intimidating and a timesuck) BUT if you know what you want, you can definitely create it within Notion. - They offer a wonderful free plan. (I believe there's a two-device limit so I will use it on my laptop and tablet while keeping it off the phone but Im more than happy with that compromise.)

Cons

- There is A LOT one can do with Notion. This can feel particularly overwhelming at the start. It's like a new productivity tool that keeps you procrastinating as you watch all the Youtube videos others have made about their Notion set-ups. So you really have to plan what you want and where, and above all keep experimenting and optimizing your set-up as you go along. - But no real cons so far.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

I used to have multiple things and places that I use for my notes, tasks, and the like. Now with Notion I can keep them all neatly in one place.