All Microsoft 365 Reviews

Microsoft 365 User Review

Blair

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2019

A must have for any office

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

PROS

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me. Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities. I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

CONS

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Office 365 is superior in every way and well worth the money.

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

M365 - Built for Business

Incredible. By far the best holistic office suite I have ever used.

PROS

Functionality, accessibility and administrative access to amazing. Microsoft have come leaps and bounds over the past decade.

CONS

Some additional security functionality would be good in the future to replace other the need for 3rd party threat detection or RMM functions.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

It's a far more advanced and holistic offering. Microsoft Office 365 is the best product on the market in it's field.

lyndsey

Medical Practice, 10,000+ employees

Microsoft Office Review

My overall experience is good, I am still learning new things daily.

PROS

I like using it for mail, calendar and also as a way to keep all of my documents together.

CONS

I sometimes have trouble with it closing randomly

Waldo

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Easy Sharing & Collaboration

PROS

What stands out to me is the flexibility of the software to be used by staff at any technical level. The multi features that are available make the use of the software super-easy and functional. Friendly user-interface that is intuitive.

CONS

Nothing to add here at the moment; while the user interface is intuitive it may be overwhelming to some beginners, but this is not a fault of the software but rather the user.

Jeanne

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2019

50/50

I'm on the fence about Office 365. Some of the features work really well like the applications. Other features like OneDrive aren't as trustworthy as I had hoped. Our company has had issues with accessing files on OneDrive and SharePoint. Microsoft tech support usually has the problem resolved within 24 hours. But for a 24 hours facility, sometimes that's not fast enough. Ultimately the decision was not mine to move to Office 365. Had I known it wasn't very reliable, I would have waited to transition to it.

PROS

SharePoint is a good function for a medium to large sized business. We use it to post documents that our staff use consistently so they can find everything in one place. The documents can get kind of buried in the file structure but it's ideally the same as Windows Explorer once you get used to it. It's nice that you can personalize the sites with background photos and text. Another great feature is the downloadable apps that you get with an E3 account. You can download the apps on a number of computers so you can use it anywhere. Additionally you can download the apps on your phone or tablet.

CONS

OneDrive has given me some trouble when I've got the folder linked with my computer. If you upload things to the OneDrive via internet browser, it's great. Once I added it to my desktop and opened the file window to be used in addition to the web browser, it got questionable. I would open files from the file explorer window and edit them and they wouldn't upload to OneDrive when saved. It's something you really have to keep an eye on. Maybe it was my network card or internet connection. But when you have more than one person editing the same files at different times, you never know if you're getting the most up to date version of that file. I've lost a lot of data because of this. Also when you create Groups and try to use that group for an email, you have to be sure to expand the group or it won't be sent as an email. It will send as a group message and most of the people I work with don't know how to view that.

Megan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Microsoft 365 the Powerhouse of my Business

I have nothing but great things to say about Microsoft 365. Once I leaned how to navigate it, and operate all of programs I feel in love.

PROS

I love the entire program, it is reasonably priced, safe, efficient, and a stand alone workhorse. I feel it is one of the best products Microsoft office has ever created

CONS

The Excell program it a bit tedious to operate, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes your go to program for all your accounting, and clinic list needs.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

I opted for Microsoft 365 because of the safety features, and it offered everything that I needed in one program instead of multiple applications.

Rita

Research, 201-500 employees

An everyday tool

PROS

I like how every different app/feature is connected in some way with the other, like the calendar has a connection with outlook and teams or like tables and graphics from excel can be incorporated into word documents

CONS

I still find the editing features not good enough and sometimes I want to edit the graphics, tables and images a bit more.

Because the company started to have Microsoft 365 licences for the employees

Reviewed April 2024

The standard for pretty much everything

PROS

It's the most well-known system out there, nearly everyone has grown up on it. One can't be doing anything digital without using a Microsoft system daily.

CONS

It's still got its old clunky ways, making you click all the time for simple actions, not always the fastest, best-designed, or most fun to use.

Quishea

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Awesome service! One of my favorites!

Overall, I love Microsoft 365. I am loving the updated systems and the how more features are integrated into the applications like Word and Excel.

PROS

It’s easy to use and there are many resources available in 365. I use majority of those resources like Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Emails, and more. They are all great!

CONS

Sometimes the email system can be confusing to navigate since it have the navigation tools that are similar to word and PowerPoint.

Jessica

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

It has it all

PROS

You have the ease and function of all necessary work applications in one program.

CONS

At times, some programs may feel outdated, such as online meetings via Teams.

BELINDA

Research, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Microsoft 365, the best, safe and convenient way to create and store documents and and files

I've been using Microsoft 365 on a daily basis for some time, and it's been a great help.

PROS

This software makes it easier to create, store and transfer files. It also supports working offline. With this software, one is able to access files from anywhere and on any device.

CONS

Microsoft 365 is a great software but recently, it can take too long to open, which can sometimes cause delay in projects...

Leigh

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Good product, but support should be better

Good but not exceptional. Certain tools, like Teams, could/should be less complicated to integrate

PROS

Quality of product is good and pricing for breadth of features is good "when bundled"

CONS

Intergration with desktop and the over usage of icons - menus can actually be more functional, as icons are NOT as intuitive as Microsoft seems to think.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

The Microsoft 365 platform was bundled with my email service, which is Microsoft based.

Tami

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

It may not be totally free for Non-Profits, but it's worth the small price!

Where many in our church wanted to, and do, use Google Docs / G Suite because they either want something free for their limited use or don't understand that you can do collaboration in Office 365, the business office of our church fought to stay with Office 365 because it's easier when you get into more than just creating text paragraphs on a page. You may not have the design level of something like Adobe InDesign, but you can create beautiful documents, tables, presentations, and a host of other items that are essential to church communications.

PROS

Years of advancements make Office the clear winner for business applications over G Suite The templates that come with Office 365 applications and the ones you can find online Easy offline use Ability to use with documents created in Google Docs / G Suite by parishioners SharePoint has great features that the G Suite collaborative environment doesn't have

CONS

Inability to create groups in Exchange that do not include email addresses outside of your domain The one Office 365 application that hasn't advanced a great deal is PowerPoint - but it still gets the job done if you aren't trying to do anything too fancy as long as you avoide Death by PowerPoint bulleted text

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Honestly, we did get G Suite for the email because we needed to create group email addresses with emails being forwarded outside of our domain. So really, neither Office 365, nor G Suite fit all of what we wanted . . . but between the two, we are covered!

Joyce

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

I prefer office 365 to Google Suite

I prefer 365 over Google Suites and am frustrated by younger team members push for Google. I find 365 support far superior and technical support staff always helpful. I use all 365 products regularly in my work day and find it more reliable.

PROS

- ability to work from anywhere as long as I have internet -cloud based so I have access to all my files even when on a different computer - Access my email, files and all Microsoft programs from any location and device -great customer support -can work on device vs cloud and then save on device or cloud -share documents- collaborate - security - no licensing issues- everyone in office has same service and upgrades at the same time

CONS

-since everything is cloud based if issues with internet equal issues access files -updates can take a lot of time -you have to purchase a subscription - changing features -- sometimes get "hung up" and doesn't do anything and will self shut down

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

I prefer it over the alternative. We are going to switch entire company back over to 365 from G Suite in the next 3-6 months.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Younger group of staff members prefer G Suite so we have both.

Andrei

Computer Games, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2020

Great software suite with a clean modern look, a bit limited in the purchasing aspect

Using Office 365 is really smooth and I enjoy the minimalistic look which allows you to focus on the content not on all the tiny icons in the menus. I've been a fan of OpenOffice previously and currently I'm also using Google Docs but nothing beats Microsoft when it comes to a full suite of applications for office work.

PROS

Office 365 has a great modern look that spans across all their software and apps. The usual subscriptions offer the whole suite of programs to get most of your work done within it: Word for writing, Excell for calculations, spreadsheets, and charts, Power Point for presentations, Outlook for email, OneNote for fast notes, Access for databases, etc. The installation is done very easy and the software almost no configuring apart from the user logging in.

CONS

While some of the programs available in the suite are great for the majority of uses, some are not, such as Sharepoint which is for your company's intranet, Access for databases which is way slower than even the free alternatives. This is a paid software so obviously any free alternatives could work but not as smoothly. A problem I've ran into using Word was that the document needed a lot of modifications in order to be uploaded as an ebook and published on Amazon. Unfortunately I would really like to buy only a few of the programs I need. They have a way for businesses and individuals to purchase some but it's only for Word, Excell, and PowerPoint whereas I require Outlook as well, too bad.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Google Docs was way too limited for my client's requirements, and OpenOffice too unstable.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Apache OpenOffice froze often, looked like some program I'd use in Windows 95 and overall was pretty bad.

Brent

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Incredible productivity tool for a distributed team

PROS

Office document @mentions allows for very efficient asynchronous collaboration, combined with OneDrive central store, we have "one source of truth". Ability to use web app as well as well synchronized local OneDrive store for full-featured desktop apps is a game changer. Local store saves time & keeps the central filestore integrity by avoiding "create local & upload..."

CONS

OneDrive for Mac is lacking & has produced a lot of frustration among the team - they end up not using. NEEDS to be as robust as Windows. Microsoft Bookings needs to evolve to be a proper personal & team calendar management tool (like calend.ly) - right now it is very narrowly focused on providing bookings for places like hair salons (weird given Office 365 prime clientele!) - huge missed opportunity. Teams could use some simpler navigation ala Slack. Ctrl-keys to cycle through unread messages. Sort teams alphabetically. Also, default teams to internal and have permissions to external to be specific channels (all specific team members have access to "general")

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Greater integration across the entire Microsoft suite of products

Stefanos

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Microsoft 365 review

Being part of technical teams which have designed, planned, deployed and tested Microsoft 365 solutions for clients around the world, I am confident that Microsoft 365 suite of products, services and tools is the most comprehensive and reliable online collaboration and Office productivity system available.

PROS

I enjoy Microsoft 365 versatility and the multitude of features it offers to its users. It is very easy to deploy online in the Microsoft Cloud and is very intuitive and easy to use by even users with zero computer literacy. Microsoft 365 Apps are stable, constantly updated via Microsoft Update, as part of the pay per user per month model. Also Microsoft offers the capability to end users to install and activate the Microsoft 365 Apps to a maximum of five (5) endpoints.

CONS

In some cases there could be incompatibilities when opening and editing a document or spreadsheet which was created in Libre Office or Open Office. Also there can be incompatibilities when opening an old version of MS Word, Excel or Access files, which were created in previous versions of MS Office.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 is by far the most productive, flexible and extensible Cloud-based suite of Office productivity tools available. It has the most features and is well-tested and mature.

Chirag

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Excellent office productivity with Microsoft 365

The overall experience has been very good. We have great uptime and speed. All products have similar look and feel to them. Newcomers find it easy to adapt to it. Governance is easy and there aren't many questions arising from its use. We feel productive with Microsoft 365.

PROS

Unification of information is a terrific asset with Microsoft 365. We use SharePoint for document management and news, OneNote for meetings, OneDrive for storage, Exchange for email, ADFS for accounts and more. In a single spot, we can manage our day to day business needs and collaboration with our customers. This unification also allows us to perform excellent IT governance.

CONS

Microsoft 365's analytics are poor but getting better each month. It is difficult for us to understand usage of SharePoint. We would love to understand summarization of incoming and outgoing emails without needing in-depth analysis by person. It's there but there are limitations; we can't do planning surrounding the analytics Microsoft 365 provides.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Users were very adaptable to Microsoft 365. We noticed that even if we had G Suite, we would need Office productivity products. Instead of expending on multiple products, we chose to go with Microsoft 365 and unify our business productivity needs in a single vendor. Our other infrastructure also relied on some on-prem and some cloud products from Microsoft, which made it easier for us to make a turn towards Microsoft 365. Microsoft 365 also allowed us to use Visio, MS Project and other tools with relative ease.

Manuel