(6,325)

6,325

(2,394)

2,394

• Pros

• "Super easy to use. Nice to be able to access everything anywhere"

• "I love this, it is by far the most useful and needed tool for work and school "

• "Absolutely love this software package! Everything I need all in one! "

• Cons

• "This software is great, but it tends to hang sometimes. "

• "It's great but some of the online-only versions of the traditional office software are a little bit basic "

• "Occasionally crashes, but it's usually resolved in the next release."

Browse Office 365 Reviews

deba from Petronomics Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

The one stop software for serious business and office productivity

I have used office 365 for both personal use and for deployment for clients and I can boldly say that there is nothing quite like office 365 and clients always almost never have negatives except kudos for this suite. Many of them categorically ask for office 365 and wont settle for another. It is a complete catalyst for productivity ouside the pricing.

Pros

Microsoft is excellent in its support for office 365 and whenever I have needs to call on them, they have always responded and even for clients I cannot go to, the support from Microsoft sometimes mean that my input is not even needed to overcome their complaints. There is a staggering volume of effective updates for office 365. I recall having an issue with outlook on a clients platform that resulted in a system crash whenever he tries to access it. He called me and complained and I was supposed to go fix it by the weekend. Incidentally, an update was released that same day and by the time he installed the new update, that issue was magically solved and thus saved me the stress of embarking on that trip. I will never forget that because it was an already hectic period for me. There is 1TB of secure OneDrive storage which comes with a business version of 365 which some of my clients appreciates because it saves the cost of getting additional cloud storage from other vendors. Accessibility is very key in my line of duty and the ability to access word, excel, power point, Skype and use outlook as found in office 365 domiciled on my pc and in the cloud anywhere I am, gives me the confidence to take on many tasks. The collaboration tools like SharePoint and Microsoft Teams is useful for teamwork and integration of processes amongst departments of large organizations. Another amazing thing about office 356 is that the developers are consistently improving on the application.

Cons

It is a very bloated suite and many clients dont make use of up to 50% of the functions embedded in it. The suite is not completely available on some platforms. For instance, I once tried to deploy it on a clients MAC only to find out that Microsoft publisher was not available. Maybe it is just me but I think the pricing for office 365 is incredulous when compared to similar suites. For slow internet, the online application for programs like Access and excel is going to test your patience especially for large tables and data.

Esther from Self-Employed

Best Option for Automatically-Updated Office Installs, But Not the Greatest Value

Office 365 fits a very specific purpose, but it's a purpose that is very common in office environments: ensuring that you always have the latest version of Office applications available to you, including on multiple computers if you choose one of the higher-priced packages. Gone are the days of needing to purchase each new edition of Office every 3 years, because Office 365 automatically upgrades whenever a new version is released. The downside is, you're then locked into a monthly subscription, and then if you cancel it, all the money you spent leaves you with no access to the applications. This may not be a problem for everyone, but it is frustrating at times to realize you are essentially just "renting" access to the software. Its activation system is also a bit buggy, as Word regularly asks me to sign into my Microsoft account to re-activate the software, despite nothing on my account changing. If you can get beyond these issues, however, Office 365 definitely fills an important niche.

Pros

Always provides the latest version of all Office applications, can be used on multiple computers (depending on package purchased), offers OneDrive storage included with the packages

Cons

Becomes expensive over time, local installs of the applications sometimes need to be reactivated due to bugs in the activation system, locks you in to a specific software ecosystem

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Wider support for various document types, and needed advanced features of Office that were not available on open-source alternatives.

Christine from Flanders School

Outstanding for Productivity, Communication, and Curation of Documents

One of the reasons we moved to Office 365 is to eliminate the need for onsite servers to house our users' docs-- no more fear of server crashes and loss of files. Also since we are connected to the cloud (OneDrive), files are autosaved and it is easier for users to find their files (did I save it to the computer? to the server? Where??). Our organization has realized better more instant communication, everyone is on track with meetings and events because of the robust features off Outlook Calendar, and we are able to collaborate in real time remotely.

Pros

Within Office 365, apps cover everything you need including file storage, a virtual notebook, forms/surveys, a team work hub (that includes video conferencing built in!), presentation tools, email and calendars, and of course content creation with Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. My favorite of all is the Teams app, which allows for an internal work hub that emulates a social media network with private chats and group channels-- very user friendly. A work team can share files, curate links, embed 3rd party apps and collaborate in real time all in one place. My work place is moving away from the cluttered email box and now communicating almost exclusively in teams! There is even a platform embedded for creating an Intranet Website. And if you are very ambitious, there is an app for creating your own workflows, project planners, and dynamic apps.

Cons

There is so much to the Office 365 that it is difficult to roll out to a large organization. Companies should plan well and transition to Office 365 in measured phases. It required a culture shift and a lot of training to move our people over to this software.

Power Pack of Enterprise Security Features and Seamless Integration with Office Tools

Security is the major benefit of any Microsoft Product, Starting from setting the basic permission for email to configure the productivity suite products like Word or Microsoft based on the user permission is easy to handle in Office 365 compare to other products. Also, the Microsoft Teams allows integration with other popular enterprise product suites or apps JIRA and enables the smooth integration

Pros

Office 365 is the collection of all the well known Microsoft Collaboration and Productivity suite of tools that makes the business simpler and powerful without compromising the security. Starting from outlook email access to office tools like Word/Powerpoint it is easy to configure based on the user settings and allows to host the enterprise application through comp portal. Specifically, the support for mobility is amazing. It allows me to configure the office email setup without any additional work based on the rules set by the administrator.

Cons

One of the major drawback is, it will not allow work properly if you have more than one office 365 accounts. In my case, My client and my organization both are started to use the Office 365 as the primary hosting platform. And most of the cases, it will request me to delete any of the other accounts and I need to re-configure to check the other email. Switching between the accounts is not easy.

Jeanne from La Porte County Sheriff's Office

Industry: Law Enforcement

50/50

I'm on the fence about Office 365. Some of the features work really well like the applications. Other features like OneDrive aren't as trustworthy as I had hoped. Our company has had issues with accessing files on OneDrive and SharePoint. Microsoft tech support usually has the problem resolved within 24 hours. But for a 24 hours facility, sometimes that's not fast enough. Ultimately the decision was not mine to move to Office 365. Had I known it wasn't very reliable, I would have waited to transition to it.

Pros

SharePoint is a good function for a medium to large sized business. We use it to post documents that our staff use consistently so they can find everything in one place. The documents can get kind of buried in the file structure but it's ideally the same as Windows Explorer once you get used to it. It's nice that you can personalize the sites with background photos and text. Another great feature is the downloadable apps that you get with an E3 account. You can download the apps on a number of computers so you can use it anywhere. Additionally you can download the apps on your phone or tablet.

Cons

OneDrive has given me some trouble when I've got the folder linked with my computer. If you upload things to the OneDrive via internet browser, it's great. Once I added it to my desktop and opened the file window to be used in addition to the web browser, it got questionable. I would open files from the file explorer window and edit them and they wouldn't upload to OneDrive when saved. It's something you really have to keep an eye on. Maybe it was my network card or internet connection. But when you have more than one person editing the same files at different times, you never know if you're getting the most up to date version of that file. I've lost a lot of data because of this. Also when you create Groups and try to use that group for an email, you have to be sure to expand the group or it won't be sent as an email. It will send as a group message and most of the people I work with don't know how to view that.

Billy from Pupfish Design

A Bridge That Should Be Burned

Were it not for the desktop app (particularly Outlook) compatibility, this would be a stellar product. As offered it is a stellar product with a trap door that casts users and IT staff into anti-productivity blackness.

Pros

This is a viable contender to Google's G-Suite. It offers a smoother transition from the old Microsoft desktop world of programs.

Cons

In offering a transition from the old world, Microsoft adds a compatibility layer that accommodates desktop apps while at the same time providing cloud/SAAS versions of the tools. Herein lies the hazard. The cloud/SAAS shift offers great opportunity to simplify the Byzantine features and controls that grew like tumors on desktop applications. They are the very things that users obsess over and spend a lot of their time adjusting, managing, customizing... wasting time on. Those "features" drown employees, who in turn are rescued by IT staff. It is a cost multiplier. I spent entirely too much time recreating the desktop environments, Outlook being the worst, because employees wanted to click on a familiar icon and experience exactly what they experienced prior to their move to Office 365. With that completed, everyone is happy and they have no interest in exploring the cloud, not even to share files. They still use thumb drives. I'm sure other work environs are different, but I'm just as sure that what I just experienced is not unique. I see this as Microsoft's missed opportunity to do the job right. Instead, they chose to milk the legacy cow at the cost of impeded future progress.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Employee familiarity with Microsoft. In retrospect, I regret it.

Zied from Groupe Claire

Simply the best office suite

As a team manager and project manager, I do my everyday tasks with Office 365. Teams is the best teamwork software in the market. It is complete and you can do a lot of things in the same software (Chat, work on files, have meetings, organize meetings, integrate other softwares such as Trello for example). Word, PowerPoint and Excel, used by everyone in every company, are the most advanced and complete softwares in the market.

Pros

Office 365 is complete. All the softwares supplied by Office 365 helps everyday doing the hundred of tasks. Word, PowerPoint and Excel are the best softwares in the market today, against Google GSuite. Excel is a very powerful tool for tables, dynamic tables and calculation. Microsoft Teams is the daily software you will use to organize your team work : Shared files, grouped discussion, meeting and conferences, ... Office is made for very small, small, big and very big companies. It is easy to works with customers, suppliers if you have Office because most of the companies uses Office.

Cons

Sometimes two softwares can do the same task. It can be difficult to understand which software to use. For example, to work and shared files, you can do it with OneDrive and Teams. An explanation of the softwares and what they do could be interesting for users.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Office is the most complete and advanced softwares. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are much more better than GSuite and Libre Office. Microsoft Teams is better than Slack. It integrates well with Windows 10. You have only one Password for your laptop and all your office apps. It is easy to work with other companies (Suppliers, Customers) when they have Office. All the other softwares are compatible with Office.

Richard from Southwest Gas

Industry: Utilities

Office 365 is Amazing

The best thing about O365 is having access to all your files anywhere on any device. I can't accentuate how convenient this is, especially if you travel. If I'm in a meeting, being driven to the airport or office, or in the gym and I get a call or text that someone needs documentation right away, I can simply email or text it from my phone. Before that I'd go to the gym with my laptop just in case I got a call and needed to take care of something. And then I'm relying on my gym's WiFi to connect so I can take care of it. I don't have to worry about any of this with O365. As long as I have data, I can do whatever I want.

Pros

I like how all of my Microsoft products are connected. They work together to provide me a more convenient user experience. I love how I can access all of my files on any device whenever I need it. Exchange Online is also amazing. It's a much better experience - more features, such as enhanced filtering and search capabilities. I also love easy access to OneNote, Planner, Project, Teams, etc., and how they all integrate with each other. This is just a perfect offering. It is amazing.

Cons

Getting the configurations correct has been challenging. For OneDrive for example, we have a setting that allows managers access to all of their employees' files. This was a problem, and a little difficult to figure out how to turn that feature off. However, the support we have with O365 is fantastic. They walked us through it and it turned out to not be as difficult as we thought. It's nice to have someone walk you through the more challenging parts.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

I don't think there is an alternative to Office 365. Is there? I'd be surprised. It is really amazing.

April from Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metropolitan Area

Office 365 for Business

Seldomly, files that are shared have become locked to the original author, without showing its locked to the authors account. The more you use this software, the more comfortable and familiar it will come. It is the most user friendly Microsoft product I have used and trial and error works to discover some functions. Microsoft is also working towards the functionality of its products with Android phones which I do use to access my office 365 account in different todo list widgets, my boomerang email app, my calenders, or organizations and personal cloud, Word & Excel etc, and your phone companion app which allows you to get texts and notifications on your windows computer, move photos from device to device, and share your phone screen.

Pros

Microsoft offers a Web Portal, or integration into your Outlook app, as well as the ability to sync your Onedrive with Windows File Explorer. There are many useful tools that you can add-on such as To-Do, a note taking app that can sync with android phones and where you can flag emails to show up in a to do list; Boomerang, which can resend emails to the top of your inbox when you want it or you can schedule emails to send to your contacts at a later time; Skype for Business, and many more. With all of the functionality these add-ons bring, all of the basics are covered in the apps that are already included such as Outlook, Word & Excel & the other apps (online apps), Calendar, Onedrive, SharePoint (or Sites), Teams. The online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Publisher do have limited functionality, but most business level subscriptions also provides access to the desktop apps where your files will sync real time. There is no longer a reason to download documents, edit, and resend to everyone else who needs to edit info. If you're accounts are all synced, those files will remain intact. Multiple people can work on them at the same time and changes with be automatically synced and saved.

Cons

There have been many updates to the look, feel, and general usability of OneDrive and SharePoint. SharePoint lacks some organization and doesn't always accurately show who uploaded, or edited documents. OneDrive is a great tool for saving all your files to the cloud, however, when others share files with just you, you are not given the function to sort, or organize this section, making it hard to find live files.

Blair from Christian Life Fellowship

A must have for any office

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

Pros

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me. Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities. I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

Cons

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Office 365 is superior in every way and well worth the money.

Kevin from Allspice Catering

Upgrading from an older version of Microsoft Office made simple

My overall experience with this is similar to Office 2010 Professional in that it works very well, it is intuitive and easy to learn. We mainly use Word, Excel, Outlook and Access and find that they all integrate seamlessly. Adding multiple email servers to Outlook is as straightforward as it gets with many IMAP and POP server configurations working without issue on PC and Mobile devices. Finally being able to make archival backups for our saved local email files easily made this the oblivious choice.

Pros

Upgrading from Office 2010 Professional Plus to Office 365 Business was a very simple process for us, our older files written in the 2010 format were imported to Office 365 with no lost data or compatibility issues at all. The software layout is very similar so there was little to no downtime learning a whole new program which seems to be common with Microsoft software, any buttons that were removed or changed were ones we didn't use anyway. With the added security of OneDrive cloud backup and steady updates we never have to worry about a out of date program slowing or stopping productivity. If you are on an older version now is a great time to upgrade to 365.

Cons

We have had no issues with Office 365. however, if your business has a slower than average internet connection it could very well become an issue in that this is a cloud based software suite. before you commit to using it it would be a good idea to run a speed check on your internet and make sure you have an adequate connection at all times. Finally this is a newer piece of software so making sure your PC is up to date is important as well.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

While G Suite is an great software suite we wanted to use what we were comfortable with. Learning a new program means downtime and in a high pace business like ours means lost revenue.

Carissa from University of Miami

Easy to use and good options for students, staff, faculty

I would recommend Office 365 to all companies, regardless of the cost. The functionality of all of the different apps and the ability to switch from mobile to desktop without any hiccups is what makes this software special and a winner! Microsoft Word is the benchmark software for all industries, and is an imperative necessity for anyone in higher education (students/faculty/staff). OneNote is another amazing tool that enhances collaboration and increases learning curves through training because you are able to keep very updated documentation and send out to a group in a super efficient and simple way.

Pros

Very easy to use and offers great tools for students, faculty, and staff to collaborate. Features like OneNote and your basic office software (word/powerpoint/excel) are great to have in a web version for easy and quick access without worrying about accessibility and compatibility issues. My office utilizes OneNote to collaborate and train our employees on our team daily, while also utilizing it for note taking and other options with outside vendors as well. OneNote is an amazing tool that is incorporated with Office 365 and it has helped our students remain organized and work in groups/collaborate in courses in an efficient manner as well. Word/Powerpoint/Excel have been around for some time, but the functionality and ease of using them in a web version has allowed our students, faculty, and staff to be more mobile and not stuck to a desk all of the time. The Office 365 software is great in a web/mobile version!

Cons

Sometimes there are some issues with syncing web updates (like onenote updates) to a desktop, but they usually resolve themselves pretty quickly. Depending on what administrator settings your company has, you may have a little trouble getting the sync figured out, but once it is set up, the ability to work wherever, whenever, is amazing! I would recommend Office 365 to all companies, regardless of the cost.

Michael from National Christian Foundation

Probably The Best Software For Enterprise Email

It has been a great product and let all of us in IT sleep a little easier at night. The uptime and bulk management work has been offloaded to Microsoft, and this makes it easier to deal with.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use and takes the burden of managing an Exchange server or other mail server off our plate. It's easy to manage, assign licenses, and in some ways easier to navigate administrative tasks. In addition, you get a bunch of extra features that you wouldn't have if you ran Exchange on-prem.

Cons

The two things I least like about the software is support and documentation. Support is either really good or really bad. For big items (e.g. email is down), they shine or keep in constant communication about the issue. For little issues that only affect you or "nuanced" support issues you might have, the support is less than great. What makes things more difficult is the documentation and UI are constantly changing. You might find a KB or article that's only a few months old to find out that the "fix" in the article no longer works.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

We are already a Microsoft shop using Active Directory and MS Office.

Joyce from Your6, Inc

I prefer office 365 to Google Suite

I prefer 365 over Google Suites and am frustrated by younger team members push for Google. I find 365 support far superior and technical support staff always helpful. I use all 365 products regularly in my work day and find it more reliable.

Pros

- ability to work from anywhere as long as I have internet -cloud based so I have access to all my files even when on a different computer - Access my email, files and all Microsoft programs from any location and device -great customer support -can work on device vs cloud and then save on device or cloud -share documents- collaborate - security - no licensing issues- everyone in office has same service and upgrades at the same time

Cons

-since everything is cloud based if issues with internet equal issues access files -updates can take a lot of time -you have to purchase a subscription - changing features -- sometimes get "hung up" and doesn't do anything and will self shut down

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

I prefer it over the alternative. We are going to switch entire company back over to 365 from G Suite in the next 3-6 months.

Margy from HKM Employment Attorneys LLP

Can't Work Without It!

Overall, my experience with Office 365 is ideal. I love that I can easily optimize it for my needs. I love that I can download the applications directly to my desktop. I love that I can work so remotely I don't even need my own computer to work! I love that it is consistent across the board, and that, true to my Office experiences of yore, I get exactly what I need.

Pros

Now, pretty much everyone uses Office Suite for managing their education, personal life, and work life. I am no different. Office 365 is awesome for a number of reasons: 1. Updates - you're always working with the newest versions that have been developed. AND you can work with versions that are still being tested, if you want. How cool is that? Your testing feedback can help to improve or shape software in the future. As a frequent user, that is really important and valuable to me because I want my software to make my life easier, not more difficult. 2. Instant Access, Anywhere - Of course I have Office Suite downloaded to my laptop, so I am able to take it with me wherever I go in that way. But what if my laptop dies, or I leave it at home? No problem! I can work from anywhere because I can log into my account and work. How cool is that? My only constraint is remembering my password. 3. Office is the gold standard for word processing and email management. It's easy to use and easy to love because it's recognizable, simple, and intuitive. 4. I also manage the Office 365 accounts for many members of my team, and being able to access everything in one "portal" via a web browser is just priceless. It means I can change passwords, set out of office responses, and more, easily. No more having to have someone's computer or networked server. It's been a lifesaver in that way, for sure.

Cons

I do have a bit of a gripe with Office 365 - the Mac applications are just not quite as robust as the PC applications (which I suppose makes sense, since Microsoft is so invested in PCs). That said, though, I would love to see equal functionality across platforms. I work in a Mac office, and never get quite the same experience. Most training modules are made for PC, most pros in my field use PC, and most tutorials are for PC. That means I have some trouble learning specific skills, which sucks. Beyond that, the only other gripe is a lifestyle issue - when you have 24-7 access to everything, the lines between work and life can blur. Now, that's not Office 365's fault, but it's important to recognize that everyone needs a break and having constant access isn't for everyone. Additionally, I am not a great lover of the subscription model. I am not sure why, but like many old men (I am not an old man, but it's a good analogy), I have a hard time letting go of the "pay once and own it" ideology. I've managed to suck it up, though, and made the switch, and it's getting easier by the day to recognize the value of the subscription.

Christopher from OPLaw, L.L.C.

Industry: Law Practice

A good family of applications gone virtual

Despite my complaints, I use Office 365 every day for work, particularly word processing, but also for presentations, both in and out of court, and spreadsheets (less often).

Pros

The Office 365 Professional has all the programs that a professional will need (and more) to do their work; email, calendar scheduling, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. it's all there. And because Microsoft Office has been around for decades, its a known quantity that most people have used and are familiar with. The familiarity and ease of use are two major pluses. Because it is the number one program for word processing, spreadsheets and with Microsoft Outlook, calendaring and email, most outside programs that interface with those programs make sure they are compatible with Office 365.

Cons

Call me old fashioned, but the thing I was least thrilled about with Office 365 was the fact that instead of a program that you buy once and then can use forever (or until it's no longer supported by the manufacturer and becomes obsolete - see WordPerfect(tm)), now I have to pay a yearly fee to use the software suite. Granted, the price is not awful, and there are low cost options for people who truly will only use the basic programs like Word and Excel, and special pricing for students, but the idea that I now have to pay for the same program every year galls me. Even knowing that the online nature comes with several additional bonuses including cloud storage of documents, I still am vexed that my favorite "in the box" program is now a subscription service, like NetFlix or HBO. Their cloud storage security is not secure enough for my business (I am a partner in a law office), and the other extras I get I likely will never use, simply because I operate a small business and don't need Microsoft Teams to contact my law partner; I just walk into her office. Finally, the pricing for parts of what I would want from Office 365 was beyond what I wanted to pay; for example, to set up custom emails that contained the name of our law firm's website, Microsoft wanted more than double what I could obtain through Gmail, which worked with our website design program in a way that Office 365 didn't. And syncing Gmail with Outlook has its own problems based on internet security.

Sharing with and working clients and others.

I love the download version of Office 365 and use it daily. I have a few issues with the only version being slow to respond but I can use autosave which keeps all my docs on my one drive. I like being able to open the onedrive any place I'm at to access information. Powerpoint is pretty good. Excel needs updated badly.

Pros

My favorite feature is sharing documents with a proofreader, client(s) or project member(s) which all us all the ability to adjust to document information and make changes together. We can all open the same document at the same time and work together to get the information how it needs to be. We often do a conference call with one main editor of the document. We can all watch the editing live. Other times we take turns editing the document. We can do in an hour what used to take us days of sending the documents back and forth. Plus word is something everyone understands so there is very little learning curve.

Cons

Excel badly needs build in Macros, shortcut features. I had a big product that while needed to move pdf information to Excel and it was a nightmare. I ended up download other software to put the information in the spreadsheet then copy and paste to Excel.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Most of my clients are willing to get Office 365 since it has such a low monthly prices and most people knew enough about word documents to make editing documents together that there is very little learning curve.

Edward from Acero Estrella

All the tools that every office need.

You can't go wrong with Office 365, it is the more powerful and complete suite of programs for your business that you can get on the market. We have been using it for 5+ years and we are very pleased.

Pros

You can get Microsoft Exchange (email) and also applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote and other business services, such as Skype for Business, OneDrive, Forms, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, all in one package.

Cons

Microsoft keep adding (in some cases removing) applications all the time. It's very hard for the IT department to keep track and implement these new apps, by the time you catch up the tools are being deprecated.

All the applications any organisation needed for daily use in one platform.

In the initial stage, we started using O365 globally with Skype for Business and Sharepoint Online only but after sometimes we realized that it comes with multiple other applications such as Exchange, Mobile Device Management ( Intune), Azure Active Directory and other office applications (Excel, word, etc). So little by little, we are planning to use 100% of O365 features. At the moment we are using Skype For business and MS Teams as our main Video/Audio conference platform. Before we migrate to SFB we were using third-party vendor platform for audio calls which we paid based on the minutes and number of participants and after we migrate to O365 with Skype for Business this is only license cost per user and no additional charges, This saved a lot of money to Organization. Sharepoint online also we are using to share documents and updates within the organization and within our business partners and customers. Microsoft Intune we are using to manage our co-operate owned devices globally ( IOS & Android ).

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection. Possible of access online and edit or change any documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Can access from any device to your account. Skype for Business or MS Teams can use as a Video/Audio Conference tool. O365 comes with Microsoft Intune which helps to manage your organization's mobiles and Portable devices( ex.IPADs). Sharepoint Online helps you to create own Website to share documents, updates, etc within an organization or with external parties. O365 is one of the greatest solution provided by Microsoft for any Organization which will cover at least 80% of the most needed applications in one platform.( Based on the licenses you purchased.)

Cons

Microsoft Intune limitation to setup Emails on an Android platform using a Fully managed profile when you have a none third party exchange platform that is not connected to Exchange Online. Only "Gmail" and "Ninework" works with Intune Android emails. New Sharepoint Online some features complex compared to the previous version for users who used to the previous version.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Skype for Business gave us more cost-saving compared to the third party audio conference platform. Features inbuilt with Office 365 covers 80% of the applications used by users. Road map of the products and future vision and market place. Strong customer base and support teams. Less overall cost compared to other products.

Radoslav from eSoftware

Office 365 - your office everywhere

I have been using Office 365 for business purposes - where I have been working. All the company trusts its products and uses them to help with organizing their work. We easily have access to files shared for current teams, we easily chat and maintain project ideas, also we easily create our documentations on what we created and much more. I pretty recommend it because it has very powerful tools which can save you a lot of time and headache because in everyday life we need to stay organized and also we need to have our office everywhere because business is not only for staying in one place the whole year.

Pros

This is one very powerful group of products, that everyone should use because of: 1. For me it has one of the most powerful tools for office work - like Word - for organizing and creating your documents, PowerPoint - to easily create your pretty presentations for your software development for example; Excel - to store some table data and calculate a lot of things; Outlook - to organize all your business or even personal mails; Teams - to chat with your partners and much more. 2. You have always up to date software - you keep in touch with every new update which brings you more security and of course new features. 3. You can install the product on your device, either use it with the cloud version. The cool thing is that if you have multiple devices - you can install it on them, even they are phones, PCs or laptops. And the coolest one is that there is a cloud version of the apps. 4. Everything you create can be stored on the cloud, so your documents will be always with you - just view them from every device in every point of the world. 5. I think the price is good and worth it. 6. And finally, there is the support which you can contact to help you if you have any difficulties or problems with the software.

Cons

Since my experience with the product I haven't experienced any difficulties which cause me to have a negative point of the product. Of course, there were some bugs and some crashes with the cloud versions, but which software hasn't one? And of course, even that there was kind of this problems, they were very fastly resolved, which is cool because you are not waiting too much to get back the service working.

Efficient, Reliable, and Everything You Need

Office 365 has created a more effective means of reaching and communicating with our students and staff. The implementation of the Office suite has ensured all of our students have access to the tools they need to complete their coursework. The cloud feature has worked flawlessly, and it creates a greater peace of mind knowing I can recall documents from years ago with zero issues.

Pros

Microsoft Office 365 is offered to all of our 18,000+ students for e-mail services alongside Microsoft's Office Suite. Office 365 allows our students to work from anywhere with internet access and collaborate with their teachers and peers. The cloud saves effortlessly, and the e-mail system has worked flawlessly. In handling the e-mails for an institution of such a magnitude, other programs can sometimes lag or have various downtime issues. Even some of our larger software providers have had issues, but I have never seen any issue with Microsoft. Many of the other CUNY schools also utilize Office 365 for their students, and between our system alone, there are well over 50,000 users. Compared to the previous edition, the addition of the Office Suite has made our students more productive and more efficient.

Cons

I have never had an issue with the Office 365 Software. I would love to have easier cell phone e-mail implementation to create even more easy-to-use access for our students of all ages and ensure our communications are reaching our students and staff with greater speed. However, this may simply be something that my institution has not yet utilized. With that said, it certainly is possible to add the Outlook accounts to cell phones through the e-mail inboxes, however, I think having a single unified app would make the process even easier.

Supun from University of Jaffna

Office 365 - The online Office Package

Larger part out of the whole world population has a considerable internet connection today. Therefore we can use this platform at anytime, anywhere in the world. We can log into our account and continue our works at any time. I recommend this platform for any type of office or educational places such as universities and schools. Team work is improved with the features included in the platform. Also this package makes our works easier. Using one Teams we can chat, share documents, media files etc. PC storage does not run out for software installation since this is a fully cloud based service. Mostly useful in emergency times such as if we want to change or delete a slide in a Powerpoint presentation in a minute using a computer without office package, we can use this platform. If you have a good internet connection, Office 365 will be a good opportunity to you or your office, workplace or school.

Pros

Office 365 is a platform developed by Microsoft to introduce a new trend of an office package. This is totally based on internet and no any software needed to download and install. That is the most important advantage of Office 365 platform. The only thing we need is a computer or a smartphone with a web browser and internet connection. In this platform we have the access to many of the software included in a normal Microsoft Office package such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access etc. Office 365 was really helped me in immediate occasions where I do not have time to download, install and use some software. Best feature in Office 365 package is Teams package. All my friends including me, signed in to Teams as an engineering batch and all of our lecturers also joined to it. This makes our academic works easier and efficient. Lecturers upload their lecture notes to Teams. Then all of us (Students registered in Teams) can download and refer them. Also we do online assignments, quizzes through Office 365 platform. Another great thing is the One Drive online storage given by platform freely with the open of an account.

Cons

We cannot use Office 365 without an internet connection. This is the major problem arise if we are living in a rural area without good internet connection. Though Office 365 included with many wonderful features, they are not useful if you do not have an internet connection. Also Office 365 takes much time to load. Especially the Teams package take considerable time to load and it spend big amount of our data package. All the features included in a normal Microsoft Office package are not included in Office 365. We cannot use it to do complex works that we doing using normal Office package. Sometimes little bugs can be seen in Teams package. We need a Microsoft account to use Office 365. Without Microsoft account we cannot work in Office 365 and we have to sign in to our account every time before we use the package.

Steve from Arch Language Network

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

The only product for business and office productivity but licensing is troublesome and expensive

All the Office products are a requirement for creating documents that are shareable and usable with others. They are all "feature-rich" and with them you can create documents and presentations that can really impress others. However, licensing and in particular the transfer of licenses is impossible for the pre-subscription products. There is no way to move such a license to a different PC without manual intervention of Microsoft people over the phone. Microsoft really wants to force users and corporations to move to a subscription service (Office 365) instead of purchasing and installing "Office Pro 2019". And because of that, there is no "upgrade path" for any of the pre-subscription products to the next version or to a subscription (Office 365). Besides changing their type of revenue and increasing their cash flow, they have gone way to far to prevent people from pirating their software. That effort has made the maintenance of their non-subscription products so very, very unfriendly and costly. And look out - Windows will become a subscription product soon and we will we will be paying a monthly/yearly fee to use it.

Pros

It is the de facto standard for creating all types of documents for daily use in an office. With an Office 365 subscription, you always have the latest versions available without having to buy an upgrade or manually download updates.

Cons

As the versions have progressed, all the products have become increasingly harder to use and they require in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Ribbon in order to find the functions you need. The "help" documentation is poor at best and answers to operational and use questions are almost always found on other websites, not Microsoft's sites. The ribbon has been forced onto users and there is no way to revert to older versions of command lists and menus. And Microsoft does not provide the ability to search for commands and learn where they can be found in the ribbon. This makes it impossible to learn how to use the products by using them. I've used the products for years and I still, constantly, have to "google" to find where commands are and how to use them. Also, since all the Office products are constantly "improving", Ribbon and menus change in their method of organization which quickly invalidates any help you might find on Microsoft sites and other 3rd party sites. Instructions dealing with "click this and then click this and choose this" need to change with each version and they do not. Worst of all, Microsoft had decided to make all their "apps" into "tablet friendly" ones with larger buttons and greater spacing between buttons. This has reduced the area to display commands and made the ribbon and menus more complex with several more drop-downs and several more clicks required to get to the command you which has and continues to make the products harder to use.

Tami from St. Timothy's Church

It may not be totally free for Non-Profits, but it's worth the small price!

Where many in our church wanted to, and do, use Google Docs / G Suite because they either want something free for their limited use or don't understand that you can do collaboration in Office 365, the business office of our church fought to stay with Office 365 because it's easier when you get into more than just creating text paragraphs on a page. You may not have the design level of something like Adobe InDesign, but you can create beautiful documents, tables, presentations, and a host of other items that are essential to church communications.

Pros

Years of advancements make Office the clear winner for business applications over G Suite The templates that come with Office 365 applications and the ones you can find online Easy offline use Ability to use with documents created in Google Docs / G Suite by parishioners SharePoint has great features that the G Suite collaborative environment doesn't have

Cons

Inability to create groups in Exchange that do not include email addresses outside of your domain The one Office 365 application that hasn't advanced a great deal is PowerPoint - but it still gets the job done if you aren't trying to do anything too fancy as long as you avoide Death by PowerPoint bulleted text

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Honestly, we did get G Suite for the email because we needed to create group email addresses with emails being forwarded outside of our domain. So really, neither Office 365, nor G Suite fit all of what we wanted . . . but between the two, we are covered!

Manuel from Latinos in Real Estate

Best option, Better if you use Windows OS

The overall experience is very good, aside from the issues using it on macOS or the lack of apps for Linus systems, on windows works flawlessly and is a software we can trust to get our job done

Pros

It has many features, every update we find more features that makes the job easier, it is very stable and the sync with onedrive makes it very trust-able since the job is always on the cloud . On windows

Cons

The very most issue of this software is the lack of compatibility or compatibility issues with other systems than Microsoft Windows. Using it on MAC OS Mojave, I have found so many issues mostly with Onedrive, it stops synchronizing because of the name of the files, updates had came, for macOS and for office 365, the issue stills happens at least once a week.

Osamah from Princess Sumaya University

The Complete Package

I have been using Office 365 for over 7 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. It provides me with every product that I need like Word, OneDrive and PowerPoint. it runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of memory. Office 365 has saved me many times when I needed to do some work and studies. I have become attached to it and I can't let it go now. it's simply my best package so far!

Pros

I am always asked to make a decent presentation, a proper and organized article, a database and many more other duties. Luckily I have Office 365. it is the absolute package that contains all of the necessary tools to get these duties accomplished. All my favourite Softwares are gathered in one place ( Office 365 ). I use almost every product included in the package. PowerPoint to make perfect presentations to my college, Word to prepare a well-shaped article, and Excel to make some huge databases that contain tons of information and calculations! I also use OneDrive which is a product included in Office 365 that gives you access to your files from anywhere, whether you're at home resting at your bed, or at the library studying or even in a vacation on the beach. You can access your files from literally anywhere! One thing I like a lot about Office 365 is that once you get it, you will have it on your PC, on your phone and even on your Tablet or smartwatch! Also, I like the fast-paced updates. with Office 365 you will always have Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint and many other products at the latest version as soon as it comes out!

Cons

While you can access your files at any time and from anywhere, you need an internet connection for that, so if you happen to not have an available internet connection, you will not be able to access your files at all. Office 365 uses the latest technology and do updates for its products pretty often, Office 365 is so advanced to the point that sometimes it will not be compatible with some old systems and devices. Although you might be able to come around this problem but that process is very time-consuming.

Microsoft meets the Web

I like the interface, the fact that the tool is professional oriented, as great support and is still the reference when it comes to digital documents.

Pros

I've been moving away from Microsoft Office because I've been moving away from Windows for a long time, but I've never find a good Office solution that compares to Microsoft Office. Open Source solutions are a bit clunky and are not on par with the latest User Interfaces experiences, and Google Drive offers the best alternative, with less options than Microsoft Office. Since Microsoft Office offers cloud solutions as part of MS Office 365, it became a game changer. I can now properly get back to the Microsoft solution and use their tool from everywhere, knowing that I will have the proper layout in files shared with me, and vice versa. The options and tools are exactly what you could expect from Microsoft and this move toward the cloud is a very nice move. The MS Office solution is not free, but it offers a storage of 1TB on the cloud and the licence can be shared with family members (up to 5 people).

Cons

The cloud solution still needs some improvements. I haven't been able to edit, at the same time, a document with someone else, while Google Drive offers realtime edition on any kind of files. Microsoft offers a great solution with MS Office but seems a bit late to the "cloud party". There's still a lot to improve and I feel that it's easier now to get people on Google Drive and share documents with them, than it is on MS Office. Part of it being because MS Office doesn't offer free solution (yet).

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Ease of use for some of the staff, and the feeling that we have a better control over how the files are shared.

Stefan from Gimnazija i ekonomska skola "Jovan Jovanovic Zmaj"

Office 365/Review

I use this program for private and business purposes, although a bit more demanding program it gives me a bit of fun while working.

Pros

The benefits of Office 365 are many, I will try to list only some. By subscribing to Office 365 (O365), you get access to the latest versions of Office software (WORD, Excel, PoverPoint, Outlook, OneNote, etc.). Allows you to use the most advanced features in these applications that have become better at a given moment (e.g., Direct Translation of Text in a Second Language in Vord, Using Geo Cards in Excel, or Inserting 3D Visual Elements in a PoverPoint). The full package works best with the cloud (cloud) where Microsoft gives each user a free terabyte space on their file storage servers. One terabyte is more than enough to store all the files you use on documents (photos, photos, videos, e-mails, etc.). Transferring your files to the cloud gives you several benefits: :: Your files are available to you from any computer, tablet, and on your phones: You can share files with colleagues, even more so, work on the same file at the same time from different locations (for example, colleagues in the office and you at home, do together on the same PowerPoint presentation, and then see who made the change). These services significantly reduce the number of sent emails, then problems that arise when the organization circles several versions of the same document within the organization. :: When all of your files are in the cloud, it means you always have a copy of your disc without the need for external disks.

Cons

There are also shortcomings in the use of O365 that some organizations can be decisive when deciding whether to switch to this service: :: If you are not connected to the Internet, synchronization between devices will not work. This means that you may not be able to update the latest version of the file your colleague worked with using the 'cloud'. :: Microsoft almost daily adds new features, and for some users who do not like changes, it may be a problem.

Greg from Information Technology and Services

Has come a long ways in the past year or two

When we first started investigating Office 365 a few years ago, we could see promise in the integration possibilities, but the reality was pretty clunky, even inside of the Windows ecosytem. Now its really starting to deliver on that huge opportunity, especially between Windows, MacOS, and IOS.

Pros

Starting to realize the potential benefits of integration across Windows, MacOS, iOS

Cons

Would like to see better integration with other messaging/chat tools like Slack, etc.

Integration, support, user familiarity

Cloud based with the backing of massive MS network

as of now, O-365 is a next generation solution. Apart from the doubts over security, we have the advantages stated above. The best benefit is the saving on expensive hardware, storage space, energy costs and maintenance. In fact as all the software maintenance is done by Microsoft, we get better solutions from experts at no extra costs. You dont need to have any additional storage gadgets, as everything is on the cloud. Depending on the purpose and the number of users, this system a scalable. Although there are question marks over cloud applications, Microsoft has done their best to adopt highest possible defenses against threats and is continuously engaged in improvements.

Pros

The first thing that reminds me about O-365 is that its on the cloud. As we are still in an infant stage of cloud tech, there are both pros and negatives, but definitely in time, technology will improve to a stage, you can expect anything. Lets assume theres not going to be a jailbreak. Having said that, there certainly are pros in the current scenario. You are on the cloud means you are armed with some godly powers. No servers on premises, no restricted storage areas for servers, no maintenance costs and you have the freedom of mobility. You or your team can access O-365 anywhere on planet Earth if there is internet. One other notable advantage being on cloud is the safety against loss of data. The safety of your data if stored in an on prem system is vulnerable to various hazards and would be lost if not backed up in a remote server. No capital investment on expensive servers, you can obtain the services for a monthly or annual subscription per user basis and the user have the ability to install O-365 up to 05 devices. Though you need subscriptions on certain advanced features, you can opt out additional services when you dont need. When it comes to features in office tools, I doubts if there would be any more requirements to run general office matters. All MS office applications are designed with almost all features required with the experience gained during a long journey. The system gets updated frequently and you can enjoy the benefits.

Cons

as a general rule, cloud based applications could be more vulnerable for security breaches than an on-premise system. Certain online feature in Word, Excel has limitations compared to your own installation.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Due to the advancement of features and instant support access than free source products.

Benjamin E from Writing and Editing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Industry-Standard for a Reason

Pros

It just works. Documents go through without odd formatting issues or incompatibility problems. Everything works and the documentation and community are top-notch.

Cons

Basically, I had to pay for it, but that's the cost of doing business well.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

I used WP for years when I was in high school and college, but when it comes to cross-platform sharing, as I do as a writer dealing with multiple clients, compatibility issues are a poor excuse.

Daniel from Self Employed

MS Office User for many years

It's been very good overall. I would highly suggest since it is now a subscription service that there be highly skilled live representatives that you could query for guidance and allow for a simple to use remote viewing with in order to assist customers when they are having a particularly difficult time with small aspects of one of the services, which happens frequently.

Pros

I feel like in recent years they have made great improvements particularly in making the products easier to use. This is especially the case with MS Excel, in which I recall having to memorize all sorts of different formulas which was very frustrating at times. They have made the interface much more user friendly which is great for those with limited experience in using Excel. Outlook hasn't changed much, which to me is a good thing as I was already very comfortable and happy with that aspect of it. Powerpoint has also become easier to use, although personally I prefer the old school Powerpoint of 2006-2010 era, but it was primarily because I knew how to do a lot of things on it that others didn't which is no longer the case.

Cons

Microsoft Word is still the most frustrating product to use and I have seen little improvement in the areas that need it the most over the last 10+ years. It seems as if Microsoft continuously makes minor changes that don't help when someone wants to, for example, edit a resume after a few years and wants to simply add or remove portions of it while keeping the structure the same. I still get caught spending hours trying to make minor changes in these sorts of situations and I have seen no improvements in Word to address this issue. Now although I mentioned Excel in my positives, there is still one large negative with it, and that is the difficulty in extracting information from other excel documents if you are working on a project that has multiple excel documents that can't be combined into one with different sheets (in the Data Collection Management World this happens frequently). I am also not a fan of the new(ish) subscription model to Office, and preferred the one time purchase, although I understand the logistical and business purposes of changing it to a subscription model.

Sean from Faith Lutheran Church

The Microsoft Office family of programs are esentials

My job would be a nightmare if I didn't have: Word, Publisher, and Excel. and just the fact I can pick it up on my other devices is great. Microsoft Office 365 is priced well below what getting a full suite of similar programs would cost. Publisher is the best WooHoo!!

Pros

- Microsoft Office programs are some of, if not the most intuitive programs for running an office. - Microsoft Publisher alone is one of the most powerful publishing programs out there today. - The ability to finish something on my laptop that I started on my work PC with just a couple clicks is amazing. - The cost to have all these programs together on all my devices would cost a small fortune anywhere else.

Cons

- If you don't have office 365 you keep getting advertisements for it. (one of my PCs I don't use it on gets a notification to try it for free on start-up all the time.) - Microsoft support, like any tech companies support, is typically foreign from the United States and therefor they usually have an accent that can be difficult to understand sometimes. It doesn't mean they know any less, it just means you may have to ask them to speak a little slower.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Amazing products, trusted name, great value...what more could you want?

Microsoft Office 365 Review

The ulitmate best experience possible out of all software suite packages that I use!

Pros

The software suite of apps are so Robust and you have them both on the cloud and on the desktop to use whatever way you desire. The MS software apps are the best money "can't buy" - meaning you can't buy any better apps than MS provides for each category you are dealing with. Their phone and/or remote session tech support is beyond the word "fantastic", and they immediately answer the phone when you call and get righton having remote sessions and finding and fixing the issues that need to be troubleshooted and rectified. All of this support is 100% free and for every application in the suite of apps provided...from Onedrive to OneNote to MS Word...and on and on!!!

Cons

Each app is so ROBUSt that it truly takes a gargantuan amount of time to really learn how to work with them if you really want to use them to their fullest potential. There is no "easy fx for this" and you have to expend the time and energy to learn the "ins and outs" of each app to know "how to work it". Consequently, the ONLY big issue I have is with OneDrive and OneNote...as they are 2 separate apps but the reality is that they are really ONE...meaning unless OneDrive is configured properly...OneNote will NOT work...and vice-versa. Therefore, it does take time to figure this all out as a new user...but now that I'm an experienced one, with many dozens of hours of tech support history "under my belt" - I now know what to do when I have to do a "clean install" of Windows 10 and reinstall the desktop apps again....as I learned the "hard knox way" what must be done from the "get go" to get BOTH theses apps going in the right flow! I recently purchased a brand new computer and i did NOt need tech support to assist me in installing Office 365 because I had learned all the "tricks of the trade" from past experience already, and I was able to do just fine installing the entire app suite alone without getting tech support on the phone!

Gian Angelo from Freelance

The Virtual Office ALL Offices Need

Office 365 does have its problems however, the pros outweigh the cons in this scenario. You get premium support and functionality with this version of Office and even better, you're always up to date since it's an online service. Collaborate better with teams, edit faster, and create a better work space with Office 365.

Pros

I've had the privilege of testing out an early copy of Office 365 in the past. It was great! Fast forward to today and it's only improved further. You get a lot of features that you would expect from the classic Microsoft Office suite plus more. It's easier to collaborate with your teammates especially because this suite is online based. Everything is in the cloud and easy to access from any point which means working remotely has never been this good!

Cons

You do have to pay for a subscription. While there are other ways to collaborate with your teammates online, if you want an easier and premium way to do it, 365 is the way to go. You do need to consider the budget though.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

It's premium, it gets the job done, and having this has always been a better experience compared to the free or cheaper alternatives. You get 24/7 support with Microsoft PLUS, all your files, by default, are compatible with most web-based software across the globe.

Your Great Helper

I immediately opened my content-managed company's website that came with Office 365 SharePoint. It offers new opportunities to work with teams. The Internet created with SharePoint enables different people to work from different locations on the same files as intranet sites and common areas. Office 365 works fine with almost all mobile devices. We increased our performance and efficiency by accessing your data from anywhere.

Pros

Ofice 365 with all applications I like to use. Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Yammer and other applications, the company I work with my work in my private life. I can handle all my important work. Ofice 365 can be operated mobile and fixed anywhere without interruption, with the ability to work independently from the device and work with similar interfaces on every device. All plans are compatible with Office 2007, Office 2008 for Mac, Office 2010, and Office 2011 for Mac. I've been doing all my correspondence with Ms office word for years. I've used all software versions of ms office to date. I'm a 20-year-old ms office user. I never thought about using any other software. I do all the presentations with Powerpoint for years. I've never seen a better software than that. I get excellent and professional results. Because ms office is extremely common and good software marketing; I always had good support in technical understanding. I improved myself by easily accessing training documents and videos.

Cons

The only dislike is the charge part. In recent years, hikes have increased. Besides, the good thing about office 365 is that it is free for students. Maybe we think it might be a bit too affordable in professional users.

Office 365 provides value and lowers the cost of email ownership

I have been a user of Office 365 both personally and professionally since the product's early days. I have migrated email from on-premise Exchange servers, Google Suite, and ISP Pop accounts to Office 365. Early on I used 3rd party tools for the migrations. Office 365 now offers (for a little while now) the ability to migrate with no costs (such as using a 3rd party app) and utilizes Azure storage to get the job done. Office 365 is feature rich and truly offers a lower cost of ownership.

Pros

Tight integration with Microsoft Outlook (unlike other email platforms). This is most noticeable with contacts and calendars, including sharing. The subscription-based model allows for easy updates to the latest Office software while being able to control if those updates should be deployed at all. This helps to keep all users on the same version without the concern of having to buy upgrade licenses and perform a traditional software rollout. The ability to save directly to OneDrive and/or Sharepoint with applications such as Word or Excel is extremely valuable and is a great solution for small organizations that have no local central storage or tend to save items directly on their own PCs. Email accessability is simple via web, mobile, and desktop. Storage space is sufficient and can be expanded easily (for an additional cost). Tenant management is very easy to use and navigate - most areas are very self-explanatory (help is easily accessible as well).

Cons

Office 365 has matured quite well. Early on, tenant management was a little clunky and over time features have been added. A wish-list item would be wider acceptance for OneDrive integration with 3rd party apps - similar to DropBox.

The clear winner when it comes to office productivity

Organisation has now moved from a totally on-premise hosting infrastructure to a hybrid solution, with Exchange server no longer being used and mailboxes moved to cloud Exchange hosting. Office 2007 package has been replaced with Office 365 ProPlus licencing that can activate the newest version of the Office suite. Users can now access files via SharePoint and can work from home, meaning VPN and on-premises file storage can be deprecated if required.

Pros

Very user-friendly interfaces that are intuitive and take very little training to pick up. On a subscription model with continuous feature updates. Office 365 subscription means applications can be accessed via a web interface or can be used to activate an installation of the current Office productivity suite (depending on subscription level). Support is quick to respond and provide solutions. Easy for administrators in an enterprise setting to alter licencing levels for users.

Cons

Due to the nature of cloud subscriptions if there is a outage on Microsoft's side or network issues, this can affect accessibility to the Office 365 suite. Often if there are issues, the service health dashboard available to administrators is slow to be updated with outage information. Pricing can be excessive for higher-level subscription licencing.

Reasons for Choosing Office 365

Office 365 seemed to be the leader and being sold by Microsoft, the popular market name, it seemed the obvious choice. For a non-profit organisation such as us, their non-profit pricing was appealing. Users already had experience with the Office suite and administrators already had experience with technologies such as Exchange and Active Directory so didn't need retraining.

Not the Microsoft of the mid 2000s.

I'm the Dir of Technology for a small independent elementary school. I've seen the trends and frustrations and familiarity on peoples' parts swing from Office to Google and back again. I am often challenged by how much to learn there always is when looking at all of the capabilities, but genuinely enjoy the challenges because I learn something more about how to do my job better. There are small oddities at times that will make you scratch your head because two parts that were developed separately don't quite behave perfectly when they overlap [ Create a "Faculty Notebook" in OneNote / O365 for EDU and you can add other "Admins" to it to manage or contribute. Elevate and Office 365 group to a team and OneNote notebook because a StaffNotebook, but you cannot add another teammate as an admin on it because it originated in Teams and not OneNote. ] These are the sort of unexplainable behaviors that popcorn into the back of your head when you're using getting comfortable with scripting new user account creation via PowerShell in to your Office 365 environment (something I never thought I'd do) and keep you from 100% trusting it even though you can find a hundred ways to apply things in different methods or combinations to solve any problem you throw at it. Long way to say that I love Office 365 which is why it is so frustrating when it falters because I expect better of it.

Pros

Office 365 was a powerful move to the cloud and leveraged the familiarity of the Office Suite with the connectivity and enabling of collaboration on the cloud. At first, the cloud versions of familiar software was rough around the edges and missing a lot of the functionality that people knew in the desktop versions, even if they didn't use them regularly (or ever). Over time, Office 365 has steadily improved its various offerings, added more feature parity between the desktop and online versions and begun to integrate more seamlessly with workflows for a variety of people. With some vision of what "work" looks like outside of generating letter-size pieces of paper with text and images on it, the variety of tools surrounding the classic presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software have introduced new methods for communicating and creating content together.

Cons

Sometimes the level of options can be overwhelming. Even with a fair amount of experience, it can be tricky to stay on top of changes or know all the ins and outs. The rapidity with which they address fixing problems is also applied often to perceived problems and that can lead to feeling like the documentation is always out of date or non-applicable and no one knows the right or simple answer to things.

David from Aboitiz Group of Companies

Industry: Investment Management

Office is always up-to-date!

Always kept up to date with the latest features and security patches.

Pros

I love that Microsoft has invested so much on Office365 (obviously since it's a major bread-and-butter source of income for them). Given this, you really feel that MS has a great and huge team behind it. And so, I love that it keeps on improving over time via the regular updates and patches. Now, I feel that I get the new features soon after it gets released, and I feel secure as well from threats of malware, bad scripts, macros, and what have you. Office365 is the office we have grown up with in the boom of word and spreadsheet processing. This is a must for compatibility issues as most, if not all, of my contacts use MS products. And so, to avoid incompatibilities, or having to destroy the document layout and formatting, better use the same Office365 (and oh, btw, it is also backward compatible for those left behind in the MSO standalone versions). Office365 is also connected to my MS OneDrive, and so all my documents are readily accessible in one place. Also, this allows me to share my documents to other people and to work on them together. Pretty cool.

Cons

Compatibility with other word/spreadsheet processor apps out there like LibreOffice and GoogleDocs/Sheets. Why can't they just agree on how to save and handle documents, eh? The closed source nature of MSO365 makes it difficult at time to work with other apps mentioned as it destroys the formatting most of the time. So, I tend to share via PDF, but that is not editable.

JAN MICHAEL from COMPAREX, USA

Office 365 Actually Helps You to Be More Productive And Saves You Time!

My overall experience with Office 365 has been excellent since day 1. I appreciate the ability to install up to 5 licenses, the constant innovation from Microsoft to improve how I can be productive, and overall developing a platform that truly allows me to achieve more :) I fully endorse and recommend Office 365 to anyone and compared to any productivity platform world wide.

Pros

As a Microsoft Office user for 12+ years, Microsoft has done a lot to innovate their productivity platform. In particular, Office 365 has tons of differentiated value: 1. You receive unlimited upgrade rights to the latest versions. No other types of productivity software provides this option. 2. The amount you receive in the suite is amazing... from Outlook to OneNote to Publisher, the Office Suite gives you the tools you need to transform your business. 3. Co-authoring - This is not just Office to help you be productive. This is Office that allows everyone to be productive at the same time. The co-authoring feature allows people to collaborate and work on documents together even if they're on the opposite sides of the world. 4. Office 365 is secure. The concept of no news is good news applies in this case from a security perspective. Microsoft does an excellent job ensuring that their user's data is secure in the cloud, and that alone is one of the most important differentiated value. 5. The UI is easy to navigate through, and I have personally taught both kids and older folks how to use Office 365 in minutes. Microsoft did a great job creating a navigation pane that is easy to go through. 6. Office Mobile is also great. As a mobile user that travels a lot, it's very helpful for me to view documents through my phone and still be able to view and edit the rich features of Office. I can't say this applies to Microsoft's competitors.

Cons

There are a few cons as it relates to Office 365: 1. For those that are finance conscious, the subscription model does not really resonate with everyone. And if you want to buy the perpetual license, it's ridiculously expensive... 2. Skype for Business needs to stop dropping users from calls in the middle of calls. It happens too often, and even though the potential solution is to move to Teams, Skype for Business in terms of quality calls, needs to stand alone and work better.

All-in-one package

Definitely adds value to me as a user and administrator. The companies I used to work for used Lotus Notes and install apps from a CD. It's so convenient having everything in the cloud, and the reports given to you in just a few clicks. It definitely made life a lot easier! Kudos to Microsoft!

Pros

What I really like about Office 365 is that it has a lot of tools bundled into one product. The prices are quite good for a monthly subscription, especially for non-profits. The licensing strategy is also very convenient, and the admin portal is so easy to use. It comes with all of the best products of Microsoft, and you can upgrade and downgrade anytime you want. It comes with the basics that you need regularly for work - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, etc (with 1 TB that you can consume, and chances are, you won't use all of it. Quite generous actually). If you're taking the business license, you get more features like Sharepoint, Teams, PowerApps (I really like PowerApps), etc. When they come up with a new fancy app, for sure, they'll have you play with it, also to see how we receive the new product. I find Office365 easy to use and easy to the eyes. I don't feel like I'm adjusting too much every time they make some changes. Also, Microsoft has such a good reputation, it makes a regular worker feel safe about using it. Over all, I'm very satisfied with Office365. I've been using it since 2014.

Cons

It has too many products that you might not end up using. But hey, take it as a free software!

Central Online Location for all Microsoft Products

More time is saved with Office 365, which in turn leads to better results because more effort is available for completing the actual projects versus figuring out how to execute them. There is easy access to information about your relationship with Microsoft (products).

Pros

Office 365 is an online central source for almost all of the Microsoft products. The key here is that you can use the programs you own on another device that may not have the program installed on it. Certain projects and situations and other Microsoft programs are better suited to be used in an online version versus an installed one. When used alongside with SharePoint, for group collaboration, being in an online platform allows for realtime feedback and group work. Need to check your email? It's there. Need to see how the group project is going and give some feedback? That's there, too. Don't have a flash drive with you and on a guest computer? You can directly use Microsoft products on Microsoft without installation. Office 365 is essentially a command center and online version of Microsoft products.

Cons

There is trouble with accessing Office 365. Some institutions require institution-specific landing pages, and many institutions don't allow you to go through the mother Office 365 portal through the Microsoft website. More agreement with landing pages and institutions as not everyone always has the institution specific link would make accessing the program better. An example is when login information is not recognized. Choosing or being on institution specific landing pages should not alter your access to the product you own or have access to.

Jeffrey from Photography Presets

Microsoft Office 365 for Mac users

I really only use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, although outlook and OneNote can come in handy sometimes. Microsoft excel is probably the biggest benefit to Office 365. Honestly the biggest benefit I guess would be from the updates that you receive every time there is an update available. I didn't get much use out of the other features of office 365. However, I would like to see more updates for Mac users to make their software more compatible with Mac. It just seems a little bit more buggy on Mac OSX also. Overall I was moderately happy with Office 365 it's useful but it's not amazing for one I don't like paying the subscription fee and for two if I am paying the subscription fee I expect the software to work flawlessly on Mac and it doesn't.

Pros

-Excel Macros: For me, I am in the SEO industry so I use Excel quite a bit. I switch off between Google Sheets and excel sometimes there are things where Google Sheets is better such as when I need to use certain scripting (google apps script) for automation. Other times Excel macros are much better. For example, if I need to create macros to manage thousands of keywords Excel macros works much better than Google Sheets. Its a desktop app, so this makes sense. But there is one caveat: It's sometimes buggy on mac osx.

Cons

-Buggy on Mac OSX: When I least like about Microsoft Office is it's kind of buggy with Mac OS X. Sure it works fine for everyday use but for my case I like to use Excel macros to automate the handling of thousands of keywords. A lot of times when I have thousands of keywords and I run macros it will freeze on my Mac computer. The application will freeze whereas if I hop all over onto a Windows machine and run the exact same macros it will run perfectly. So situations like this are not ideal for Mac users. The software is just much more buggy and also surprisingly less little feature-rich on Mac. I don't know if it's intentional but I have noticed that it works much better and has better features on Windows. Onedrive is slow: With OneDrive, it seems like an amazing deal - for what you're paying for, but the usability was just not there. It took forever to upload to one drive compared to Google Drive. It was not even usable for me to use in a practical way.

Milos from NCR Corporation

Industry: Computer Hardware

Office 365 Pros and Cons

Biggest advantage is when you are using it in a large business corporation, easy to access and share files for employees. Easy to communicate and share data within company via One drive and share point and Microsoft Teams.

Pros

It is useful for small and big companies. There are three different packages that you can use, depending on your type of business - small or professional use. Thing that I like most in office 365 is that there is big storage - 50 GB for emails, which is very convenient if you are working with a large customer range and you receive 1000 to 2000 email per day. Second thing is share point online where you can upload and share your documentation with people from work, it is very easy to access and update it. You can use it on five different devices Mac, PC or mobile, which is an advantage if you need quick to send, adjust or upload needed information or any data. One Note is a good option where you can create guides, make notes and it is very handy and easy to use. Also, one drive cloud storage is 1 TB which is very useful.

Cons

It is not fully accessible when you are working online from web browser, sometimes it can lag or slowly work when is booting with Skype in background. Cant fully use Excel in browser, also there is a difference when you are using document online and in word.There is a big difference in outlook online and in application, you are limited for some options, for example conversation is going into the one email, like in a text message conversation and formatting options are limited, also it will not add auto signature when you are replying or sending emails.

Claudia from Alhambra True Light Presbyterian Church

Offers great apps and tools to optimize productivity and communication

Perfect for business use. Lots of different apps and features that are very useful in businesses. It helps allow for better communication between coworkers, especially with Skype (for video conferencing), Microsoft Teams (for instant messaging), and Yammer (for creating polls, praise, and any updates). Office 365 has definitely helped me work more efficiently. I've gone from "working harder" to "working smarter" thanks to this software!

Pros

I like how it has OneDrive so that you can upload things onto the Cloud Drive so that you can share it with other users. I also like how you can create groups and put multiple e-mails. I also like how you can create calendars and share them with people (which is especially helpful in the business office setting to know when certain people have appointments/meetings, at work, on vacation, etc.). The instant message via Microsoft Teams is great too when trying to communicate with people in different offices. I also like how there are so many different apps I can utilize. There is Delve, Flow, Kaizala, OneNote, Yammer, and PowerApps, Dynamics 365. Unfortunately, I don't use these at my office, but I can see them being utilized fully in other businesses. I use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a lot. I like how all of these have templates too, so I can use those instead of starting from scratch. Excel has one for personal monthly budget, custom calendar, project trackers, lists, weekly timesheets, travel expense trackers, etc. All of these are so useful! All you have to do is input your own data/numbers/words because all the formulas are already preset. Microsoft Word has templates for resumes, business letters, event flyers, reports, newsletters, invitations, etc. They're all so wonderful and helpful!

Cons

I don't like how you are not able to import or export contacts easily between other e-mail platforms (i.e. google.com) and Outlook. I wish there was some way it could all sync up. Also, they have an app for Outlook, but it's not very user-friendly. A lot of functions are not available (i.e. open another mailbox) and it's hard to see the full e-mail window when I'm typing.

Tom from Douglas Emmett

Let Me SWAY You Toward Office 365

Collaboration with One Note. Getting colleagues to express themselves through Sway. OneDrive is a lifesaver.

Pros

The Business App world can be confusing. I get it. There is a great deal of speciality in the BA world and it's hard to know what products to even trial nevertheless purchase or commit to long-term. I don't know why everybody doesn't start with Office 365. It's so all-encompassing and helpful you'll even want to use it during a Leap Year when there are 366 days in a year! Word, Excel and PowerPoint are the sine qua non of office document production. We've all used them and we all like them. Now you don't have to be a rich big-shot to own Office so the products are fully accessible and cheap. If you haven't worked with Microsoft Sway yet, you're missing the boat in conveying your concepts and ideas to a larger market. Sway is like PowerPoint on steroids. Sway was created to convey concepts quickly, easily and clearly. The biggest difference is that Sway was designed to express concepts digitally, onscreen, rather than to an audience. Sway has all the templates and creative assistance you can ever need. Give it a try. Trust me. It's a great example of where Microsoft is headed in my opinion. I use OneNote as a brainstorming and organizational drain for all of my business ideas and projects. Its ease of use is legendary. Your contacts, email, storage and now video conferencing and calling with Skype is really all you need. Do us all a favor. Start with Office 365. It's your one stop shop for productivity. You'll look smarter than you really are.

Cons

It bugs me how Skype runs at startup right away. I'm not a computer pro. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to stop it. I use it all the time. I just don't want it popping up right away.

Office 365 Review

Overall, cloud technology is appreciated from a convenience perspective. Also, constant updates provide smooth operating experience. This comes at a cost though. I've also found the web based apps to be less streamlined than the desktop apps. Overall, the shift to a subscription based model was not a necessary shift by Microsoft for the consumer. More of a move that benefits Microsoft. That said, product is still robust and well produced and supported.

Pros

Accessibility is the biggest asset of Office 365 for the user. The ability to use a computer as a platform to reach the cloud allows for interchangeability and access from anywhere. Having less desktop applications has allowed me to cycle through our corporate computers seamlessly as no data is actually stored in my hard drive (3 computers 3 years.) The mail app also runs smoother in the web browser when you are sharing calendars. This function used to consistently crash our computers when sharing a calendar on the Outlook Desktop Application.

Cons

Overall, I like Office 365 much less than I like my Windows Desktop Application Suite. Specifically, there is less functionality in the web based apps. I like several windows open in Outlook which is easier accomplished within the desktop app. I also do a lot of work without access to WiFi. Desktop Apps allow you to at least create content which can then be shared upon access to internet. Our office internet is also very slow and unreliable. We try and reduce the amount of reliance on web pages. I think it will be hard to ever have the full functionality that a desktop app has, but this is a good temporary solution to access your email or word docs on the move. Pricing - Office 365 is now subscription based. You used to be able to buy a license and only pay again when you wanted to upgrade. Now you get constant upgrades, but this comes at a cost.

Ricardo Andrs from Haisig seguridad

Industry: Security and Investigations

MICROSOFT OFFICE INDISCUTIBLE LEADER

In the case of Office 365 Profitability, which allows to optimize the efficiency and productivity of the organization due to the control and ease of management allowing any person with access to share information from any place or device, thanks to the cloud "we work from anywhere" and "Team work" regardless of time zones

Pros

With nearly 25 years in the Windows universe, despite the fact that there are free Office software alternatives, Microsoft Office continues to be the most widely used on a global scale among users and customers, whether at the corporate or personal level, none of these tools has arrived. to pose a threat to the reign of Microsoft Office, The Redmond company now offering services for the Microsoft cloud based on a subscription model, with desktop applications for Windows that include Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Access, and One of its innovations is that they allow the collaborative edition of documents and teamwork, this is a great step from the suite to a set of applications where tablets and smartphones with iOS and Android operating systems can access these documents through web applications that Microsoft has released so that users can temporarily use a document of the classic tools of Off ice: Word, Excel and Power Point, boosting productivity in an increasingly connected and prepared environment for modern work and collaboration online and in a team within a company or personal level.

Cons

In a Microsoft Office administrative installation, more disk space is used on the server, the amount of disk space required on the server ranges between 100 and 325 MB or more, depending on the version of Microsoft Office, if other programs use your server network or if you use it to store data files, it is possible that the server does not have enough disk space, however, this problem is more due to the limited storage of the PCs than the program itself, what it does have is a cost per license very high, apart from that I find no disadvantages that subtract points in favor of Microsoft Office

Maryorie from Universidad de Oriente. Venezuela

Office 365 toolkit for everyday work management.

Office 365, brings programs such as Word that allows me to transcribe work of promotion, research, among others, like receiving files from my students mounted on this tool. Another program that used a lot is PowerPoint, which helps me to make presentations of my classes, in a practical, interactive, with as many tools to make knowledge more effective, also for the presentation of research at events academics; Another program is the Excell that I use to design budget calculations, note control, tables and graphs with results data, among many other things. In addition to these, which are the most used, I also use the OneDrive that allows me to store information from different management sources in the cloud. The other tools I have also used, not so frequently but it has also allowed me to achieve what I need at certain times. Actually the Office 365 is a necessary tool, and important in the daily life of my work as a teacher and researcher.

Pros

Office 365 is a very complete software package to be installed on computer equipment. These programs are well known, and daily use of the PC such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype, among others. And to install it is only necessary to have a subscription, in most cases when you buy a computer you install Windows and automatically the Office, so it is the most widely used package, and allows you to share information handled through the different tools that it brings with other people, although they have different versions. Effectively the applications that this service brings are the best ones to create, save, and share with other users through the network different types of files, with different applications. And it even allows applications to be combined

Cons

Since I use a PC, they have had Office installed in their versions for the particular time, and used all the programs it brings and so far I have not had problems of the program that caused me any particular circumstance that reflects some flaw of the applications. Sometimes I have strained viruses that are causing the failures, and I have even deleted files from Office programs, but these are not problems of the package, comes from using the Internet, or placing on PC artifacts such as PENDRIVES and others, infected.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 8,650 reviews