All Redbooth Reviews

Matthew

Writing and Editing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Redbooth, the perfect platform for organizing team projects.

We are able to communicate more easily about our projects, and keep track of which assignments are upcoming and who's working on them with you.

PROS

Redbooth is a platform that we use to keep track of our team projects. With Redbooth we are able to see who is all working on the same project and which portion is assigned to each team member. Within the platform we are able to talk among each other about the project that we're working on. Redbooth increases our workflow by allowing us to find all of our information easily and giving us the ability to correlate with each other on our projects. Additionally, Redbooth notifications can be pushed through to your email account, so you never have to miss any information or update on your projects.

CONS

Sometimes the push notifications to your email account can appear to be messy if there's a lot going on in one task. This isn't too much of an issue though, since you can just open Redbooth from your email and view all the information there, in a much more clean space.

Reviewed May 2022

We Love to Collaborate on Redbooth

When projects are managed in a professional way, it surely creates synergy. We have achieved much by using Redbooth. It is considered the backbone of the company.

PROS

The best feature that I like about Redbooth is its ease of use. Wherever I go I have my laptop with me, I need to connect to the internet and Booom... I can have a look at all the projects and track progress. It is easy to assign people to different tasks. Urgent tasks can be easily prioritized and team members can see the tags and go after the high-priority tasks. The user interface is friendly and it is easy to learn. We have created different channels and put a lot of data on Redbooth. We're happy!!!

CONS

The task resolve/unresolve creates confusion for new users. When a task is resolved but needs some work, the assignees don't get notified. I think this should change and there should be some other way to do it.

Stan

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Stability

Solved and helped our organization greatly, just not dependable for the long term.

PROS

Easy to use and function access platforms

CONS

hard and fast support issues not resolved, locked out of account with no recourse other than regenerating the organization from scratch, no backup.

Reviewed October 2019

A Solid Option for Task Management

Redbooth is as strong as the amount of users who commit to it. We struggle to get everyone on board, and therefore a lot of task management still has to happen over email and text. However, on teams who have really bought into the software, Redbooth offers everything we need.

PROS

The layout of Redbooth, with horizontal columns that are flexible and moveable, has given us a really great way to organize our tasks, and schedule out a variety of time-based tasks and travel appointments. We also make use of the robust tagging and notification options within the software to manage our tasks appropriately across a 20+ member team.

CONS

A weak point of Redbooth is definitely the calendar view options. We really need the ability to view tasks on a calendar that are only under a specific tag, or viewing tasks for a single person across all workspaces. We also run into some issues with Word documents not displaying properly in the web interface, which just adds another step to download and look at a document when all you need is just to see it at a glance.

Reviewed January 2020

Heartache. Time Lost.

Not great. Don't like to write negative reviews, it just is what it is! Cost me a lot of time and money.

PROS

It's super fresh and flexible. Seems like the best thing since sliced bread when you start using it! My team thought it was going to be great.

CONS

It was far too flexible. We found that tasks were being created and not added to client accounts. Spent weeks doing an audit to recover about $30,000 from clients. The clients were not happy.

Reasons for switching to Redbooth

My company wanted to save money.

Amy

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2018

My opinion

PROS

This tools helps to maintain communication with the team and provides updates on the tasks

CONS

It can be complex if you are not familiar with the tool. My recommendation is to watch the videos in order to understand the tool functionality

Max N.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2021

RB Review

PROS

Simple layout and very easy to follow was a great freature appealing to me

CONS

Just like pro - very simple. Limit of internal controls of invoice control

Lauren

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Great for Project/Task Management

PROS

User interface, ease of use, dashboard organization, commenting ability

CONS

It can be a bit pricey for smaller departments or organizations

Kaila

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2018

great way to keep project schedules organized, still needs work

PROS

its a really useful way to keep my teams projects organized by schedule dates, with comments, assignments and reports.

CONS

missing scheduling by time and not only date. Also the ability to show you a task everyday if you scheduled it for an entire week and not only to show it on the delivery date.

Solsiret

Program Development, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Really good

In general very good for the management of any project and its activities

PROS

Of the best platforms for project management, activities and times. Very good to get reports of hours in tasks and generate diagrams for deliveries

CONS

Only that you do not have a free option.

Yocheved

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Does the job but can sometimes be frustrating to use

PROS

I like the ability to clearly lay out tasks and create subtasks.

CONS

The view can sometimes be unintuitive. There are multiple screens you need to check to make sure you have all the most up to date information on your tasks. There is one view that shows updates on tasks, but it will only show the tasks that have updates. There is another screen that shows all your tasks in order of due date but doesn't clearly show which ones have updates. Then there's another view that lets you see all the tasks in a workspace but it's not immediately clear which ones have been updated recently.

Ethan

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2015

Top Combination of Substance and Style

PROS

Redbooth help keeps our larger teams moving forward; creating a central repository of information. There are many task managers out there - and I surveyed about 20+ of them before settling with Redbooth. Redbooth offers a robust feature set, while staying simple and easy on the eyes. We found actual adoption and usability being a big stumbling block when we started to actual start to implement a company wide task tracker. We had tried Asana - but it's graphic design and complexity never allowed it to take hold. Redbooth is so quick to pick up that people actually like using it. For a single feature - I like the "Task to Email".

CONS

I think the ability to assign a subtask with a date could be useful. I would also like to be able to duplicate complete Projects. Small issues really.

Alexander

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Awesome Task Management Software

I love Redbooth. It has completely transformed how my organization runs. We effectively use workspaces, tasks, and assignments to track all KPIs and current projects. The accountability and help the tool provides is great. I also love Redbooth Meetings for an easy video chat and screen share.

PROS

Ease of use and elegant design

CONS

I can't have my assistant schedule a Redbooth Meeting for me.

Rafal

Reviewed August 2017

usefull tool to increase productivity

PROS

easy coordination of remote workers and very easy taracking of the work progress in a different projects

CONS

lack of possibility to customize my own workspace an adjusting location of particular parts of the dashbord to fit my own prefferences and needs

Ma┬┐gorzata

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2017

I found this software really helpful for my daily planning and managing my time.

The greatest benefit is that it helps to clearly organize my day.

PROS

I found that interface is very intuitive and user friendly - it is easy to find current, finished and related tasks.

CONS

I found dashboard to be difficult for me to modificate and personalise for my own needs and requirements.

Reviewed July 2017

Great Project Management for Small Businesses

PROS

-I like the idea of creating project boards and having everything visually laid out. -It's really easy to see who is assigned to what task, assuming everyone has uploaded profile photos. -It's easy to see what you need to do at a glance, as well as everything that has been completed so far.

CONS

-I don't like having to scroll left/right to see all of the open tasks. If your project has a lot of tasks, you could be scrolling quite a bit. Left/right scrolling just feels off to me. -I wish the desktop application would stay open when you close it, like Slack.

Meagan

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2015

Everything you need to work together in one place

Before finding redbooth, I used a string together toolkit of other products to collaborate with my teams: email, trello, gchat, go to meeting, and none of them worked very well. I was constantly forgetting which tool contained which document or task- and version control in email is a nightmare. So glad I found Redbooth. As a consultancy, I work with different teams on different projects. I'm able to set up custom projects for each client, assign tasks and track the progress. Redbooth has helped make my teams more productive because everyone knows who's in charge of the next action item. I also work remotely a lot of the time, so being able to stay in touch with my teams on daily video calls with the conference call feature, or ask a quick question on chat is really helpful. On top of that, it's a really slick UI, with an awesome mobile and desktop interface.

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

Task management tool that does the job

It was a very positive experience but I don't really understand how Redbooth is different from Clubhouse, Jira or Trello. I would look to use one tool so it's consistent across the organization.

PROS

Redbooth makes it easy to collaborate with others and build out repeatable processes. Our team used it to build a consistent onboarding process for new employees. It made onboarding a snap for the hiring manager and the new employee. It keeps people accountable.

CONS

No real cons but we probably didn't maximize the use of it. Redbooth should consider engaging its users more so we can see how others are using it.

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2019

Project Management Can be Better

I do not care for Redbooth however my boss likes it so I have to use it. I just wish it was easier platform to learn. This learning curve is hard to negotiate without lots of help from someone who has used it a lot.

PROS

Redbooth is a well built project management application. It is good to have the ability to set up other team members with tasks and completion dates. Receiving the notifications via email is also a helpful experience.

CONS

Unfortunately, I find Redbooth hard to learn. It is a program that is not easy for someone to just pick up and proceed without any instructions. The check items also are not very clear and knowing that you closed a task caused me a lot of issues when I first began using it.

Kate