About ReviewStudio

ReviewStudio is an online proofing solution designed to help production studios, advertising agencies, and marketing teams review and approve content, manage feedback, and collaborate on projects. The platform enables organizations to markup, annotate or add comments on PDFs, images, web pages or videos and track the status of reviews through a personalized dashboard.

ReviewStudio includes real-time reviews and edits, which allow users to add reference files to comments and collaborate with clients via discussion threads. It offers a host of features such as comparison management, feedback sharing, approval workflow, task management, due date tracking, synchronous editing and more. Additionally, businesses can design personalized review sites using custom log...

Supported Operating System(s):

Web browser (OS agnostic)

31 Reviews of ReviewStudio

Average User Ratings

Overall

4.77 / 5 stars

Ratings Snapshot

Likelihood to Recommend

Not likely

Very likely

Showing 1 - 5 of 31 results

Chris from The Arbor Company

Forget the PDF comments - get ReviewStudio!

ReviewStudio is my go-to for getting our internal clients to review documents, flyers, brochures, video, etc. It is great!

Pros

It is easy and quick to upload a file and get a link for reviewing. All of the client’s comments are in one place, no matter how many people review the file. That means just ONE VERSION of a file with all the comments in one place. No more reconciling comments from different sources!

Cons

It can take a little time for new users to understand how to leave comments. We now send them instructions. It would be nice if there was a little tutorial at the beginning.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Hi Chris - Thanks for your positive review. Regarding your request - just wanted to let you know that there is an article and video tutorial available in our knowledge base that is specifically designed to onboard new reviewers. You can share the link to this article with your clients but we will also take steps to make this information more obvious when a new user first accesses the application.

Olivia from Halo Burger

Exactly what we needed

It's been great! The support, product and ease of use have saved us time, money and stress.

Pros

With a design team that's 100% work-from-home, we needed a tool to ensure our design process wasn't lost in the variables of email or phone calls. Review Studio was exactly that. It's saved us time, money and the frustrations of miscommunications at an incredibly reasonable price. The markup tools are simple and easy to use, something that was vital when I am constantly bringing in outside departments; the version history makes comparison a breeze and the admin panel allows for the right people to have the perfect amount of control so that nothing is accidentally deleted, approved, or mismanaged. If you need a good proofing software, this is it.

Cons

The only negative we've found is when a review expires on the timeline, it is locked. Sometimes fires happen and it means we have to reactive it, however overall it is not a major detriment and we still love the product.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied August 2020

Thank you for the kind review! When you are setting a deadline you can choose whether the status will be "active" (no limitations) "locked" (you can view, but not add any new comments or modifications) or "inactive" (no user access until you activate - useful for presenting work to clients). It sounds like when you create your Reviews you set the status as "locked" after deadline. You can set them to "active" if you prefer. You can also reactivate Reviews from the dashboard from the dropdown near the thumbnails. I hope this helps - and thanks again for your support!

JOSHUA from Josh Garno Computer Graphics

Industry: Architecture & Planning

ReviewStudio Review

It's been very helpful for me and keeps my presentations organized and on the web. The only hassle is the item I described in the "cons section of this review.

Pros

I like that anyone can comment and review that it's updated in real time on the web for everyone else to see. I like that it's visual and easy to use.

Cons

I think the worst part is that my clients don't know anything about this software so they are hesitant to use it to leave reviews. They are not used to it so they use a different method that they are used to. If there were better explanations on how to use it like videos like on freshbooks software it would help people get started leaving a review of my work.

Review Studio User Feedback

Pros

The simplicity in posting a comment is one of the best features of this software. I work with multiple teams, technical and non-tecnhical, and the simplicity of the review feature helps all of us be on the same page. This saves a lot of training cost and time. Also, having multiple reviews on the same window helps us review the implementation of feedback from the previous versions has been done properly. This helps when working with a large number of vendors to ensure all the feedback provided is implemented.

Cons

We as an organisation have always been in awe with the software. Something which we dislike is that review comments lack a bit of chronology if there are multiple reviews on a single file. The numbering, in that case, happens on the basis of who reviewed the file first. But it disturbs the flow for a person who needs to implement those changes. So sometimes finding the comment by number gets a bit tough. Also, with the new interface, the speed of the software has reduced which is a strict no for us.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your positive review. You'll be happy to know that in our latest update we added a sort option to the comments so that you can present them using the original chronology. Hope that helps and please do pass along any additional feedback that can us further improve the application for you.

Laurel from Laurophyll

Industry: Graphic Design

Keeps everyone on the same page

Pros

I'm a freelance designer who frequently works with small teams, and projects require feedback from everyone before they can be signed off and sent to print. ReviewStudio is an amazing tool to keep everyone on the same page. The markup tools are very straightforward, and my clients have also remarked how easy the software was for them to use and navigate. Most importantly, ReviewStudio helps my clients save time by avoiding duplicate suggestions, and it helps me save time by containing all the markups in one place. No more digging through email threads or passing marked up PDFs back and forth.

Cons

What really bothers me with this software is how it scrolls with a mouse. You can scroll up or down infinitely it seems like, and it's easy to lose your position if you're used to navigating documents this way. I wish this could be fixed by either limiting the space above/below the page for a single-page document, or by enabling scrolling to view the previous/next page for a multi-page document. This is how our design software works, and I intuitively want to scroll to move between pages.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Hi Laurel - thank you for your positive review. Just wanted to let you now that in our latest release we have addressed that problem you describe with scrolling. Hopefully that helps but please contact us if you have any further issues or suggestions for improvements.