• icon"He is Ametican and uses Spike all the time. I like using it because you can chat as well as receiving emails so you can use Spike as an all in one app which is very useful."
  • icon"I really like the clear and clean interface, I love simple and non-confusing things. It has everything it takes to get into the toolbox of marketing."
  • icon"It is quick and intuitive. I like seeing when others are responding to my messages too1."
  • icon"The only negative at the moment is it is web based. Looking forward to having an App for my Mac in the future."
  • icon"But the reason I give this such a bad review is that what they did not tell me was that they remove my branding - my signatures and replace them with their advert."
  • icon"Work email accounts with @customname.com are not free. Charged per email account."

Browse all Spike Reviews

• Have you used Spike and would like to share your experience with others?

Adir

An awesome email client

Overall - a great app and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Pros

The way Spike sorts emails is genius. It turned my inbox into a chat-like experience, where emails are grouped by people and not threads/topics - so it actually feels like I'm using a IM and not an outdated email client.

Cons

Some of the more advanced features still need some work. I'd love to see tagging in notes (so collaboration would be smoother), or the option to add a call link into an invite directly (like in Google Calendar).

Reasons for choosing Spike

Pricing + collaborative features.

Reasons for switching to Spike

Spike just made Gmail obsolete for me. I get most of the features in one app without the need to switch to other apps in G-suite.

eMail made modern, simple and transparent

It's a bit of a change of approach, coming from more classical email services, but I'm finding myself drawn more and more to this app, and it has effectively supplanted my use of all other mail clients. I find the message-centred (i.e. like a chat thread) approach enlightening and very efficient. The learning curve has been very shallow (i.e. I've learned a lot / feel comfortable using Spike in a short time) and I'm really enjoying using the App!

Pros

+ The ease of use - everything is in one place, and it's easy to concentrate on the information in the messages, rather than filtering through quoted text or long emails that duplicate something already on my computer. + The modern approach - as much as business is still formal, and we value salutations and signatures, they distract from the message we are sending, and email is being supplanted by chats/blogs/... And Spike embraces this trend without losing the formality (it's just hidden) + The semi-automatic email account setup - Spike recognised (in most cases) what kind of email account I had (Gmail, or Exchange, or IMAP) and pre-filled parts of the server data (or eliminated me having to enter it at all) which made setting up accounts a breeze. + The incredibly fast customer service - The CS team is really fast (and personable, and friendly and helpful) when I have an issue. And I feel super well-taken-care-of. Not a given in today's fast moving automated world.

Cons

There are still a few growing pains, and some features are not fully implemented yet. Some things that aren't working perfectly are the calendar integration, .ics files/invitations, and sometimes Spike won't recognise the email/name I'm typing in to give me reasonable proposals.... But these are minor details in the great scheme of things, and given the age of the app, there are truly very few bugs or glitches!

Reasons for choosing Spike

This was a transition based on a new option being available, and stood in comparison to the system I was currently using.

Reasons for switching to Spike

Transparency / visibility leading to ease of use Rapid Customer Service response time Ease of transition Novel approach (topic/people focus, simplified front e

Spike alters the conents of you mail or charges $144 to "allow" you unaltered email.

Terrible. Their business approach is misleading - they actually alter the contents of your emails without clearly stating they will do so.

Pros

It looks nice. Pretty UI. Email organization is ok for a single email address *IF* you don't care about your in-email branding or your own signature.

Cons

The problems start with multiple accounts. I tried with my personal one, my company one and one I use from a client of mine. The organization got very confusing when one person wrote to more than one of my accounts. It got worse when I wanted to write a new email to a person who wrote me at more than one account. It was an utter mess. But the reason I give this such a bad review is that what they did not tell me was that they remove my branding - my signatures and replace them with their advert. This was not clearly stated anywhere - I discovered it when I wrote myself a test. I did eventually find in their pricing table that Free accounts don't get "custom signatures". I also found that to use MY branding I am expected to pay them $144.

Niko

August 2022

Go To Tool for managing your work/home

So far I love being able to manage multiple calendars/email accounts and using the "NOTES" feature for having information at a quick glance.

Pros

the ability to have it setup on multiple devices so you have access to the information when you need it. Being able to "PIN" items for quicker access. also the ability of finding any attachment based on a specific contact.

Cons

having the ability to use the "REPLY ALL" being more accessible and not have to hunt for it.

Mohammad

Mobile User

Good

Pros

It’s assigned all the emails contact wise which help us to track the history.

Cons

Some emails doesn’t view properly on mobile app. User interface on mobile app is average it’s not very smooth. Also it takes time to delete email. It take around 30 to 60 seconds

Reasons for switching to Spike

The email management in a modern messaging way.

Bakari

April 2022

Best email client I’ve used

Great experience. With Spike, I spend less time processing emails than with any other email client I’ve used.

Pros

I’ve used five different mail clients, including Apple Mail, and none of them has made managing emails easier than Spike. You can use Spike to divide your priority for your non-priority emails, but I use the Unread and Read emails setup. Viewing my emails in the Recent pane means that I'm not distracted by the clutter of previously read and viewed emails. The Unread pane gives a clean Inbox when I'm done processing the emails, but I also click and see my read previously read emails. The ability to snooze emails is another feature not found in many email clients. The snooze feature allows me to use Spike as part of my task management processes. I can snooze emails and show them back up when I need them. Spike also has a fast search feature, so I have less of a need for saving and tagging emails to different folders. Because Spike also reveals search results of archived emails, I archive about a third of my emails so emails don't clutter my Inbox. Spike has several valuable features, including email templates, tagging, and quick responses. Best of all, Spike is free for personal use, though I would pay to use it.

Cons

Wish there was a way to click on a calendar date in an email and have it added to the Spike Calendar. Smart email folders might also be useful for Spike.

Cleaner, faster interface.

Theresa

April 2022

Spike has changed the way email works!

Spike was simple to set up and start using - free for up to 2 accounts which is perfect. I can use it on desktop or on my android too!

Pros

I LOVE that my emails are sorted into feeds by the sender. This means no more searching for "that other email" from that client... they are all in one place! It's easy to switch to the old email view too when I need to. Set up and integration was simple - it's great to have my google calendar right there to toggle over too without opening another app on my phone.

Cons

I wish it were easier to designate emails to the priority box - or maybe I haven't figured that out yet?

Reasons for choosing Spike

The message look that sorts all my emails into threads by sender

Great value for money

I've been using it for less than 6 months but I've found it so easy and user friendly. Feels like I'm using whatsapp for email. Which is so great.

Pros

That I can see when someone has opened my email and I can respond to emails as if I'm on whatsapp. Not be a robot like when I use other sites.

Cons

When you send the email to multiple people, I'd like to see which individual viewed the email. Not that if one person viewed it, I'll have the impression that everyone else did which is false and feels misleading.

Reasons for switching to Spike

I feel like a robot when I use it.

Omkar

Great product

Pros

The ease with which we are able to find a particular email sent by a certain user. Also the UI ensures that it is similar to everyday chatting software

Cons

Nothing to be honest. I like everything about the software and I have personally recommended to a few friends. Only feature I would like to add is unsend the email

Response from Spike

Hi Omkar Thanks for leaving Spike a review - we're so glad that you're enjoying your email experience and our Super Search. We wanted to share that in fact, you can unsend a message on Spike! You can undo send by using the Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+Z or right click or tap the message and select 'undo send.' Please note that in either method, you have 10 seconds to undo the sending You can read more here: https://www.spikenow.com/help/creating-a-message/#Undo-Send If you have any questions about using Spike feel free to contact our team anytime: chat@spikenow.com

Replied May 2022

Aury

June 2022

Wasn't expecting to be this satisfied. It's amazing.

I wasn't expecting this much efficiency in one app. As a project manager I have to closely follow up emails and people and spike makes it a 100% easier and quicker. The look and feel of the platform makes you digest information and send it without feeling the burdensome feeling of sending an email, you feel like you're just sending a text message. It also groups media files just like WhatsApp so if you can't recall the email title, you can just click on the contact and access to the media files sent and received.

Pros

I love the way it takes out the extra elements in a mail like images and branding, and makes it 100% text. Which helps you get to the point and understand what need to be understood.

Cons

The searching tool could be better. It's not bad, but it's not accurate enough.

Reasons for switching to Spike

The look and feel of the platform. The "text message" feeling it gives to emails.

Adam

Hop cuts out all the clutter while allowing you to see all all the conversations in a clean view.

Hop allows for clearer communication and saving time spent on email. Allows for better context with a previous contact as well. I have saved a lot of hours on email, and a better experience then browser based email, or any other app.

Pros

Hop helps reduce the amount of time spent on email. Hop works faster then any email client, and I have tried every one that I could find! The Priority Inbox vs Other inbox saves a lot of time sorting what is important and not important. If others are using Hop as well, it creates a realtime chat between each other. It also allows for encrypted messages between users, which is great when sending sensitive information.

Cons

Not much, would like a few other small features like Auto Snoozing, and location based reminders. But really, they have the best email client, and now that desktop will be available, it will be the best solution on your smartphone, tablet, and desktop.

Response from Chatflow

Hey Adam, Thanks for your awesome feedback! We are super passionate about we do and love creating more amazing features for you. We're happy to let you know that the desktop app is now available and you can get it at www.spikenow.com

Replied November 2018

Isabella

Unify different ways of interaction for a strong telecommunication tool.

We use this software to unify common emails, with advanced messaging that integrates better additional functionalities for an improvement in productivity that is frequently carried out, especially when we address communication issues, in order to acquire a sophisticated context, for each one of the conversations that are usually established internally in the company, above all to reduce the clutter of data and messages that are made daily, in order to offer a much faster and more solid service.

Pros

This software unifies all the inboxes that a company can have, in a single interface, to achieve a more prudent concentration by needing to manage all its calls, text messages, emails, calendars and among many other qualities that can be attended from this system for a speed of response, especially when the support services are established by email or telephone means, being one of the systems that I like the most, since we can perform many operations at the same time thanks to Spike.

Cons

It would be quite useful if this system will integrate a better appearance in its internal interface, because it is somewhat old, and it would be convenient for improvements, for a modern appearance in its entirety, in order to acquire a dynamic and incredible appearance once we want to use This software, for our needs, relevant, mentioning that an update so that its functionalities can be faster, is not a bad idea to implement, since it is somewhat slow in these collaborative processes.

George

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Makes email significantly less terrible!

I've been using it for over a year now both personally and professionally, and believe strongly that it makes the email experience significantly smoother and more enjoyable.

Pros

Among the various tools looking to make email better, I believe this one does it best. It's strength is in truly stripping the junk away from messages—layers of quoted previous messages, long signature bars, etc.,—and turns it into iMessage/text like bubbles. When you're shooting messages back and forth to dozens of people, being able to keep up with conversations with simple bubbles is a super help. Yet, when you need to see the originally formatted message with the quoted text, it only takes one click to go back and forth again.

Cons

It still acts and feels like beta software. The interface can be clunky at times, file handling isn't as robust as other email tools, moving messages to folders isn't possible. There's been some feature creep too as they seek to monetize, looking to make group messaging and voice/video chats.

Jeffry

Industry: Architecture & Planning

A Chat-Like Approach to Email Management

Pros

I love the approach that Spike take on email management. It uses chat-like interface from mobile chat apps that we grow to love so much. It minimizes the clutters that we get from normal email conversations. Plus Spike is free for non-business email accounts.

Cons

Spike could take hints from other email clients to improve its user interface.

Laetitia

Fantastic

Pros

I love the fact that when I typed in the help box someone replied immediately. That was a huge eye opener. It seamlessly divides emails into priority and others. It also puts all emails from the same person or company together. By doing that you can delete all the emails at once. Not one by one. This is the biggest plus of this app.

Melissa

Great service to get my private URL emails on my phone

Pros

Easy to use. Reliable - I don't think I have had one single issue with the product.

Cons

I had a few issues when I set it up, but that could have easily been operator error. Customer service was prompt and helpful.

Hop saves a lot of time and is fun to use

Pros

- Best email "triage" functionality I have ever seen - Lots of small features that save time - Very clever designed features to find the piece of information you need - Integrated instant messaging

Cons

- The user interface is a little different to the standard email clients, so you have to get used to it. But once you figure out (I still find more "hidden" features that I did not know of every once in a while) all the cool features you get hooked and don't want to miss it. - no desktop version yet (but in development)