Browse Stack Overflow for Teams Reviews

Jonathan from Rigor

Teams is a private

Our experience has been extremely positive. We have seen quick adoption and everyone appreciates the answers and questions that we are currently using it for. It has turned into our primary internal knowledge base. I am also very satisfied with their outreach to active users during the development of new features.

Pros

I really like how Stack Exchange took the highly successful Q&A format of Stack Overflow and brought it to teams via Stack Overflow Teams. It works well for our company because everyone is already familiar with finding the answers to their questions on Stack Overflow and many of our employees are contributors (as answerers) as well. It has encouraged our employees to contribute high-quality questions and answers to help others with similar questions in the future. The long format also encourage answers with rich content such as images and external links.

Cons

Stack Overflow Teams is still undergoing active development. For example, Slack integration (a way to encourage internal adoption) was a little slow to arrive (but it's here now!). During this development period, you just have to be patient. Thankfully, Stack Exchange has a great team that values their users' feedback so the awaited features they ship will definitely meet your needs and if they don't, they want to hear about it.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience using Teams! Glad to hear that you've had a positive experience so far. If you have any feedback you'd like to share about the features or integrations of Teams, you can email: bdevine@stackoverflow.com.

AJ from Static1

Industry: Graphic Design

It has Helped Speed Up Web Development

It has been very beneficial for newer employees with limited HTML and Javascript experience

Pros

What our office has benefited most from with Stack is for our more graphic employees that don't know so much about javascript. As a graphic design firm, all of our employees are well versed in Adobe suite and digital design. However, sometimes projects call for implementing these designs with animation through Javascript - when employees don't know where to turn to we always used GITs from Stack.

Cons

The interface is definitely difficult to understand for people who have never used it before - once GIT is understood and how to push and pull repositories, it certainly becomes much easier.

Reasons for Choosing Stack Overflow for Teams

We had a previously established GIT repository on stack and decided to keep everything in a central location

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied August 2019

Hi Aj, Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that Stack Overflow for Teams is helping new employees get up to speed. Let us know if we can be of help to you all.

Dimitri from The Hague Tech

A informatational, but cluttered place for code.

Stackoverflow is our go-to issue resolving tool in regards to bugs and not knowing how to do things in code. And more often the only source of good information in regards to specific bugs. Even though quite a bit of the entries are dated.

Pros

The amount of information available in regards to programming issues is very nice. This helps a ton in development, and helps preventing having to reinvent the wheel all the time. The indepth-ness of said information is usually quite high, allowing for people to easier understand future/similar problems from that point on wards.

Cons

The elitist feel it often gives, which makes it fairly hard to get into the product. However, once you reach a point of understand why, the point of the product has also reached you.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Dimitri! Our team is actively working to make the product feel more inclusive and easier to use for new Stack Overflow users.

Great knowledge base for organization.

Best documentation software that helps organization to document Question and Answers.

Pros

I am very big fan of Stack overflow it started helping from my education and continuing now in my organization. Stack overflow for team is a great knowledge base , when you have some question but that was answered by other colleague long back, all is document and easily we can search about information. I can say it is wiki for organization.

Cons

Really no negatives, But there are sometimes i can see duplicate questions, i think they can improve to detecting duplicate question while posting question or creating thread.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the review. We're glad Stack Overflow for Teams is helpful for your organization! We'll be sure to relay your feedback regarding improved duplicate question detection.

The best useful app for organization and not only.

I become to experience as a data scientist for almost 2 years now, and to be honest stack overflow had it's great impact on my career. I initially was using the web version which is available for everyone and when we started to use it in team it felt so familiar :))

Pros

I like that it can be also integrated with slack, so the working process is more organized. to me the search options seems working better than the web one.

Cons

We also have an internal wiki, and before stack overflow our team was used to ask questions directly in slack, so it is a bit hard to get used to it in the beginning.

Haya from gonsole

Industry: Computer Games

the website that every developer should use

overall, I've never met any developer that hasn't used stack overflow and all of them have a positive view of this website and it's so helpful for every programmer

Pros

I can find everything about development on this website, while I'm coding and I face any problem I go search on google how to fix the problem and the first website that comes is stack overflow and it helps me so much and save me a lot of time

Cons

Sometimes I find people repeating the same answer more than once and this annoys me when I try to find different solutions

Hamza from I2C

A Collective Informational Place for the entire Organziation

Pros

A Place that solved almost every problem we faced every day, a big community posting, and helping people is the best thing. The sheer fact that anybody can post answers and provide solutions is such a life and time saver for everyone.

Cons

Sometimes I see some duplicate answers and that really confuses me, they should have a flag system to avoid duplicate answers and Teams doesn't have the same integrations as Slack I think if this gets fixed it would make it even more exciting to use.

Sarath from SSDI

Good helping and clarifying doubts(nice articals)

i recommended this tool overall any doubt s

Pros

when ever i have doubt about coding using this articals Fully supporting and clarified

Cons

i think there is no dislikes about this tool very good aritcals and more than two answers is available

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your review, Sarath.

George from VAE, Inc.

Good Resource; Product finding its way

I love Stack Overflow and I love their ethic. I continue to hold out hope that if anyone can solve the thorny problem of cataloguing and documenting software development and making it actionable to stakeholders; they can.

Pros

Stack Overflow has solved many previous hard problems - Finding relevant content - Making authorship of Q & A easy and targetted

Cons

- It still feels like a bolt-on to the Q & A. - It presupposes that useful documentation takes the form of Q & A - In an enterprise; I can't add 'yet another' way to document things. We have five currently; and I can't get Q & A to be 6 (Google Site Wiki; Google Docs; Gitlab Wikis; Gitlab git repos; JIRA)

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback, George! We're actively working on ways to integration Stack Overflow for Teams into your existing workflows with other tools - our hope it that eventually it will replace things like wikis and outdated documentation.

Guy G. from Quarem

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Great Tool for our Software Development Team

Our team has benefitted greatly from this tool. Our code is open source which helps us when we are seeking a better way to create enhancements in our application. The User community is very helpful and always provides great ideas for us to consider.

Pros

Our Developers love the Stack Overflow tool(s). Frequently, we will go to Stack Overflow to pose a development question or seek guidance on how to proceed on our code base. The user community is wonderful and very helpful.

Cons

We have nothing negative to state about this software.

Charles from TMEIC

Industry: Industrial Automation

Almost Perfect

I can kind of get with the idea that we're not supposed to post resources to Stack Overflow, but then I kind of also wish that there were some kind of a "curated" Stack Overflow, where it would be possible for "knowledgeable persons" (by reputation I'm sure) to accumulate "classic" questions and answers in a set of community references, especially such that you could see and easily browse related questions. I'm realizing now that this doesn't exactly address the "overall experience" I've had with SO, but I guess my point is that it can be kind of a pain to find quality related questions when I'm trying to find answers. Google results seem to be the way to go (because tags are generally far too superficial to be of much use), but then Google seems to optimize based on "famous" questions and really new questions, and I find the Google results keep regurgitating the same half-dozen or so questions (some results link the question, some results link the best answer, some results link the accepted answer, etc.). I've got more to say about this, but I feel like I'm digressing, so I'll just leave this comment as-is.

Pros

First, let me be clear that it's not clear to me if this is about Stack Overflow or about Stack Overflow for Teams, the latter of which is what brought me to this survey. The survey here in particular says to write a review for "Stack Overflow" (not for Teams), so I'll say this: Somewhere on Stack Overflow is nearly every part of every program I've ever written. It's an absolutely indispensable resource for every programmer.

Cons

I'm a Stack Overflow user and a Stack Exchange moderator. The most frustrating aspect of the site(s) is that the original asker is the only one that gets to pick the correct answer. OP's choice of answers gets pushed to the top regardless of community votes, and the question will be continuously bumped to the front page if the OP never picks an answer. I wish there were something like a "community accepted" answer, or a "de facto best answer" in the events where a question has been open for X days and has an answer with a score of Y but no accepted answers, or in the event where the top scored answer exceeds the score of the accepted answer by some magic ratio.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Teams, Charles! Our user research team would love to know more about how you think we can improve the product. Feel free to reach out to beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts!

Owen from Charcoal

4* - useful as a knowledge base

My team maintains an open-source project that revolves around Stack Overflow and the Stack Exchange network. We use Teams primarily as a knowledge base and support hub, which has allowed us to move away from using GitHub issues and wikis for these purposes to a much more appropriate format. Teams also has the benefit for us of being directly integrated into Stack Overflow, where we're all already working, so all our content is right there when it's needed.

Pros

Teams follows the same Q&A pattern used on Stack Overflow itself, which many developers will already be familiar with. The Q&A pattern also makes it an excellent tool for knowledge bases, which is how my team uses it - instead of writing The One True Help Article for each KB topic, asking a question for it allows the whole team to collaborate in sharing the nuances they've picked up but wouldn't otherwise have an easy way to share.

Cons

Teams doesn't come with the same moderation tools that Stack Overflow itself does. While that's probably not a problem for companies (rule infractions or misconduct can be handled through HR's disciplinary procedures), it may make it not as suited to less formal teams such as those maintaining open-source projects. These projects often require more moderation than a company's use-case would do, which Teams lacks proper support for.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Owen! We definitely hear your concern about moderation tools, and will keep that in mind as we continue to develop the product.

Your own personal Stack Overflow

Especially in development teams, there's a lot of information silos - this software helps to break down these barriers and have a single place for all of the documentation relating to your product.

Pros

If you're part of the tech world, you've almost certainly come across Stack Overflow. I use the site on a regular basis and was thrilled to find that they were creating a version that I could use for my own purposes. The UI is intuitive and easy to use and when coupled with the quality/voting system, this becomes a powerful tool for storing all of your key business information in a single place. Questions which are asked over and over again will be a thing of the past. It also features some useful moderation tools to ensure that your Team stays on track. Various different notification options also let you tailor what you hear about and how whilst integrating seamlessly into Stack Overflow.

Cons

It is missing a few of the useful features for managing content quality that Stack Overflow has. The flagging controls and reviewing are missed.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience using Stack Overflow for Teams! We'd love to know more about the useful features you think it's missing. Feel free to email our user research team at beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts!

Vinuta from Flipkart India Pvt Ltd

Just brilliant

Can't imagine how things would be without a forum like StackOverflow. There should be more and more developers contributing to make it a forum where it has answer to everything.

Pros

The whole idea was just awesome when I came to know about it. Needless to say it's the goto place for any solutions to an extent that StackOverflow answers are more easily comprehendible than going through official documentation. I can't imagine how would people get help and share solutions across without something like StackOverflow. The score system also motivates people to contribute more.

Cons

Cannot create tags until some points are gained but that is okay I feel since otherwise tons on random tags would be created.

Good for developers when you are stuck

The same day i started programming the very same day i was aware with Stack Overflow. It is best for me. It helped me many times. And i am thankful for the team.

Pros

Stack overflow is good when you somewhere, Some of experts write the solution and best solution will be marked as green. You can also write your solutions and earned points. The best way for programmers to get out of the solution if somewhere stuck. It is good way to explore yourself plus to resolve someone else problem.

Cons

It is a gift for all the developers looking for the solution. So everything is good except the solutions which are less reliable and people give them negative marking.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your review!

Best for sharing ideas and work among teams.

By discussing the customer problems among team and get it solved within time helps us to getting benefits.

Pros

It doesn’t matter where you work or what work you do, you always need some little help from your team members so this the best way to share your knowledge and ideas among your team members in private. You can tag a specific person for specific question. You can also give badges like who answered the most questions. It also helps in the growth of every individual. Good for analysis of all team members.

Cons

There are no cons for this application as it is secure and great to work within the team. Its a single sign in process.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied March 2020

Thanks for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams! We're happy to hear it's a helpful tool for your organization.

Stepping stone to development

There are some obstacles which get faced by all the programmers and rather than each one having to find a solution by themselves, this platform helps reduce the work and everyone can reuse the knowledge

Pros

One always gets stuck when setting up the development environment, or using a library. There is always something or the other that does not work and you have to take help from the internet. More often than not, you spend time searching through forums. Stackoverflow is the best Q/A platform to quickly find the answer to what you need. It helps categorize the answers and with teams, you can feel free to post doubts which are confidential and need to be kept within the company

Cons

Earlier teams did not have a free version, so it was imperative to buy before using. But now it offers first 10 users free. So you can easily try it out before buying

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the glowing review. We appreciate your business!

Yishak from Ethio Locate

Good

me and my team use this platform on a projects we work when we face problem, to gain some knowledge or help us get a solution. i realized a community this big helping each other is very important.

Pros

it is a product most developer goes to to share and learn. it is a big platform is very useful. on almost every project we do with my team we face a challenge and we turn to stack overflow, almost one person may have faced this problem and it will help us get some answers or get some guidance.

Cons

almost a lot of the same question are being posted so it makes it very hard sometimes to go through them and check. if the developers can limit posting the same question again that would make it very useful and easy to use and navigate.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied June 2020

Thanks for the review. We're glad Stack Overflow for Teams is helpful for your organization! We'll be sure to pass on your feedback regarding duplicate questions.

Familiar collaboration with a few too many hurdles

Pros

Stack Overflow for Teams takes the existing Stack Overflow collaborative question and answer format and extends it to private development teams. The result is a private forum of your most asked and most needed questions, a living and breathing repository of tribal knowledge...as long as the team uses it. If you've used Stack Overflow, the features and management are identical to the public version.

Cons

The interface has not changed much to enable Teams, but that comes at a bit of a burden for administration. Features are not as isolated or intuitive as they could be, making it hard to separate personal and private Stack Overflow. Pricing is also at the high end for basic collaboration, although cheaper than alternatives like Confluence. Adoption is also a consideration. Stack Overflow for Teams faces the same adoption issues as all other collaboration tools, but does not offer much to drive users back into the tool.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams. We would love to hear more about your thoughts on ways to improve the products for admin purposes. Feel free to email our user research team at beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts!

Peter from CDW

Industry: Information Services

I love Stack Overflow

Very good, it has helped me become a better programmer and a professional one.

Pros

Getting answers to all my programming questions, having a place I can go where I know there are already answers.

Cons

I don't like it when there are unanswered questions to my problem that have seen almost no work done on them. I can't re-ask the question and the chances that the person asking the question in the first place has moved on

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Glad to hear you've had such a great experience with Stack Overflow for Teams, Peter!

The goodness of stack overflow for internal knowledge management

Overall nice but needs some tweaks to make it as successful for internal usage.

Pros

Stack overflow is quite famous for being the ONE place to look to when need technical help. Having an internal stack overflow promotes collaboration and helping others within the company. Knowledge management is critical, especially in smaller companies with less established processes and tools. We tried a number of different solutions, but are slowly centralizing on stack overflow. It integrates nicely with OAUTH and you can set team goals as an incentive to answering questions.

Cons

While there is a stack overflow slack integration, it tends to be noisy and people tune it out. There needs to be a better way to push stack overflow questions to the right people. Unfortunately for now it is the same folks answering all of the questions, however this is an internal issue that we need to solve for.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied April 2019

Hi, Thanks for your review on Stack Overflow for Teams. Glad to hear our tool helps with company-wide collaboration. Let us know how we can help drive internal adoption. - Stack Overflow for Teams

Julian from Catena Media

Say bye to repetitive questions by your colleagues

Pros

* The slack integration is wonderful * Having your workplaces knowledge hub built into your stackoverflow account; which you already log in to on a daily basis, is awesome. * Having repetitive questions asked there and answered once, in return increasing my productivity and time is incredible.

Cons

I would definitely like to see a way to have a bit more integration to slack or other products.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Great to see that you're using the Slack integration, Julian! Are there any specific integrations you'd like to see in particular?

Josh from Software

It's the familiar Stack Overflow, but limited in scope for our team

We use this to internally communicate about any issues that may come up with our products or processes, and it's great.

Pros

This allows us to communicate in a familiar fashion, and is incredibly well supported.

Cons

I have no complaints about Stack Overflow for teams, this allows us to communicate about issues within, and helps sort out priorities for fixing.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied April 2019

Hi Josh! Thanks for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams. It's great to hear you're getting the support you need, and the platform is helping to streamline internal communication. Please let us know if we can help in any way. - Stack Overflow for Teams

a wonderful resource

Pros

I love stack overflow for teams, it is a wonderful way to ask and receive answers to all questions

Cons

the question search feature could be improved

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your review and feedback!

Caleb from Skelpp

It's Gold. Radio Gold

Pros

It lets me share the knowledge I have with people that want it.

Cons

Nothing. Stack Overflow is just overall wonderful.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience using Teams, Caleb!

AMR from medstreaming

iam happy by using Stack Overflow for Teams

Pros

any developer from us must use this :) :)

Cons

nothing anything I am searching for will have an answer to this wonderful site

Awesome Wiki Alternative

Pros

Having been a Stack Overflow user for years I have used their free services for years to find solutions to web development projects. I can't speak on any other field, but Stack has saved my butt on numerous occasions. Very easy to use and much better than most other alternative solutions for tracking answers to common or even less common problems. Search capability is just great. Very easy to quickly find, tag, comment on questions. Excellent for historical programming records.

Cons

The software, in my opinion, is tailored to larger business enterprises. Not overly suitable to smaller organizations unless they have higher turnover and have a need to store data or faqs across generations of users or customers depending on use.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied July 2019

Thank for your review! It's great to hear you can easily find knowledge you're looking for through search, tags, and comments.

Peter from BCILLC

Industry: Investment Management

Stack Overflow for information sharing

I initially used the internet based Stack Overflow for help with my python projects. With the Teams version, organizations can use this platform for knowledge capture and sharing. It has great search capability, and allows, overtime, for the most quality answers to be upvoted for better visibility.

Pros

The ability for anyone in an organization to pose a question, and for others to answer the question, with the ability for others to essentially rate the quality of answers is the most important and useful feature.

Cons

I think a robust integration capability with SLACK would be very useful. Currently, SLACK is widely adopted and many post these types of questions and answers. But SLACK users have the behavior to post the same or similar questions due to its format as a messaging platform.

Bringing benefits of focused Q&A to my team without losing confidentiality

Pros

Stack Overflow for Teams sits seamlessly alongside the main Stack Overflow and other Stack Exchange sites to let me get the dual benefits of public Q&A with the rest of the world and confidential Q&A with my team.

Cons

The only thing that I can say against Stack Overflow for Teams is that I wish I had access to it sooner.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Glad to hear that you are seeing success with Stack Overflow for Teams!

Philipp from Luware AG

A great tool that could use a bit more moderation

SO for teams is a good product and could be ever better with some tweaks.

Pros

- Q/A and vote system that I know and love from the main site - Accessibility (no extra login) and easy to use - Integration into the SE network with notifications and rep

Cons

Missing flexibility: - You only have 3k-ish privileges (vote to close), but only as dupes, no other or custom close reasons are possible. - No powers to delete and see deleted posts. - Switching from the main site to the team or vice-versa is sometimea a bit finicky.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Philipp! Our team would love to know more about the features you think the product is missing. Feel free to reach out to beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts with our user research team!

Nick from Simpliteck

Savior for programmers

I always recommend Stack OVerflow to anyone having issues with programming as the community is always willing to help.

Pros

While working on some of the simpliscripts I have done, the community at Stack Overflow have always come to the rescue.

Cons

Sometimes some of the folks can be a little rough but that is the same on any form of message boards.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied June 2020

Thanks for the review and for recommending others to our site!

Stack Overflow Review

I have at my job a official slack's channel, and often it has way too much background noise to understand something in there, Team is a better way to communicate between team mate in a controlled's way.

Pros

- I like the confidential's way it's. - I like how the dynamic is change as when the team is small, and more personal, it bring the communication at another level.

Cons

- The team I'm on is linked to SO, I dont know if special URL exist to just see the teams link, and not everything else.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Glad to hear you're enjoying using Stack Overflow for Teams! If you're looking for a Team that's not linked to stackoverflow.com, you may want to check out our Enterprise offering which allows you to choose where you host your Team: https://stackoverflow.com/enterprise.

Daniel from Self-employed

An extension of stackexchange for your teams

Overall, it was nice and convenient. I applied to a team, and got into it with relatively little ease (Mostly because I'm already extremely well knowledged on the system from stackoverflow).

Pros

This is a nice private area where you can post your thoughts and request feedback from your colleagues about your organization. The Q&A format works extremely well for a lot of things, and continues to be a strong point for teams. Keeping things, quick concise and to the point

Cons

A few minor annoyances: The moderation symbol uses an emoji that isn't compatible with Windows 7, and just shows as a square. The reputation system doesn't seem to work very well here. It's still early yet, but it seems like I see a lot of test pages that people upvote in order to get reputation points. With almost everything locked at 1 vote, I'm not sure the reputation system works very well here.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience using Stack Overflow for Teams, Daniel! We'll definitely pass along your feedback to our product team.

Sascha from grandcentrix

A unified and familiar solution to share knowledge in your teams

A unified place to search and share knowledge

Pros

It's a familiar interface for software developers because they have regular contact with StackOverflow anyway. The search and tagging are unrivaled, especially compared to products such as Confluence. It's a pleasure to use.

Cons

Adaption can be hard. It becomes most useful when people go there "first" to find something but for that a knowledge base needs to be established.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied July 2019

Hi Sascha, Thanks for taking the time to review us! Glad to hear search and tags make it easy to find internal information that you need. Please feel free to reach out at any time with feedback.

Peter from T/A Peter Johnson

Great product

Pros

Stack Overflow Teams has a similar interface to the main Stack Overflow site making easy for our team who were already avid users to be productive with the system. It's a great place for keeping a private Q/A in a structured format.

Cons

While not a problem for our small team some expanded moderation tools may be useful for larger teams to remove problem posts etc.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Peter! We'd love to know more about the types of moderation tools you're thinking about. Feel free to reach out to our user research team at beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts!

Excellent Resource

Pros

It is very easy to detail what you need help with, it allows you to alert specific team members so you know you can get help from people who likely know best to help you. The voting and such helps you make sure you're getting reliable information.

Cons

It can be a little bit difficult to use at first, if you're not already familiar with how things work. But once you figure out the tagging and such, it gets easier.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're actively working on making the Teams easier to use for developers who may not know how to use Stack Overflow.

Very useful to ramp up your new teammates.

Really cool, I love it and I would use it if I started to run my own company.

Pros

This software works like a knowledge database. It is very useful given that a junior developer can leave open questions for another devs in the office (Even those protected by an NDA).

Cons

Manual tag system can make that you have to train your team to correctly use it. Otherwise it can be counterproductive for new mates.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied June 2020

Thanks for the review. We're glad that you find Stack Overflow for Teams helpful. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the tagging system.

You love the Stack overflow.you will even more lov it in a private and secure environment

It's simply great Q & A tool which we already love so go for it.

Pros

1-Awesome knowledge sharing tool which we already love while searching for our day to day programing queries. 2- more clearer and more personalised GUI for your team. 3- The best thing will always be there which is , you will get the short and simple answers for our queries at top 3- Secured so no need to worry about the sensitive information.

Cons

It actually serves it's purpuse. No cons I can think of.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied July 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams.

M Serhat from Computer Software

Way to create knowledge base

Pros

You can setup frequently asked questions as a Stackoverflow QA page for your team.

Cons

The product might be a litle bir pricy for some teams.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the review, M Serhat!

A tool we all use, now for your team

Pros

This takes a format developers are very familiar with and allows you to use it for your own team and documentation. This is the best way to create living documentation that I have ever seen before. I am so excited to continue using this as my team and company grows so our documentation can grow with us. It will also be a key tool for onboarding.

Cons

That it is a bit hard to remind people on the team to use it. However, as time goes on I am sure integrations like Asana will come along.

Luke from School District 57 (Prince George)

Perfect for large distributed teams

Pros

Ease of use, and speed. It allows large or distributed members to work together

Cons

The cost is too high for me to consider it for my non profit organization

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Great to hear that Stack Overflow for Teams is working well for you, Luke! We actually offer non-profit pricing - if you go to this page, scroll to the bottom, and fill out the form, you will be eligible! https://stackoverflow.com/pricing

Andre from BPlus Tecnologia

Turns Teams into a toolbox

The idea of joining this knowledge base to an already widely used tool is fantastic.

Pros

Bringing StackOverflow to Teams makes Microsoft's tool even more complete. With almost all the functionality of the website, you can control and make it more useful by being in a place that the whole team can access.

Cons

With regard to StackOverflow there is no problem at all, however, Teams has its limitations and as more tools are added, it can become more unstable.

Nir from Hippo

Like Wiki but better

We're using it only for 2-3 weeks so it's still a bit early, but so far so good: me and a couple of other colleagues got answers to our questions :)

Pros

Most engineers don't like to write documentation, but on the other hand, most engineers like to feel like experts, and would gladly give you a piece of advise. These are probably the two strongest reasons to use SO for teams in your company: you can write technical questions and direct them to specific people, they get reputation for their answers and now we have a searchable "wiki" for future users. win-win!

Cons

In small teams it's easier to ask the person that sits next to you instead of posting a question

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience using Stack Overflow for Teams so far, Nir! Great to see that the product is already having a positive impact on your organization in the first couple of weeks.

The best, most familiar Q&A setup, specific for your needs

Pros

By coming from the great basis of Stack Overflow, it's familiar to use and has a great interface for writing content. People can instantly start writing content, whether that be self-answered Q&A ‘knowledge base’-style, or asking for the expertise of someone else. The core Q&A experience is perfectly executed.

Cons

There is virtually zero customisability for the individual team, no way to add custom functionality, custom sidebar content or even styling. It can't be adapted to fit with existing internal sites — it remains distant and associated too heavily with the main public Stack Overflow. Markdown support is lacking tables and other GitHub-flavoured adaptions.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Our team is working on more customizable features in the near future - stay tuned!

Great tool for privately sharing information

I would recommend Stack Overflow for Teams to help better communicate issues and solve problems.

Pros

I found the Q &A incredibly useful for solving problems and sharing information. It is easy to use and many companies can benefit from using it.

Cons

I have found no issues with using Stack Overflow for Teams, it has all the functions my team needs.

Great Product, with a Great Future!

Pros

I really like how the search finds both "Teams" and regular SO answers and shows you them on the same page with clear separation

Cons

Some theme colors might make the above-mentioned separation less clear

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Our team is actively working to make the distinction between Stack Overflow for Teams and public Stack Overflow more clear. Stay turned for updates soon!

Rhys from Access Group

Brilliant if you already know how to use Stack Overflow

Pros

If you know how to use Stack Overflow, you'll know how to use Stack Overflow for Teams. It is the perfect mix between having your own private Q'n'A site without having to create one yourself and having a huge amount of extra tools and public knowledge if your problem is not product or IP protected.

Cons

Could use with some more integrations into outside products but believe they're in the works.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your feedback Rhys! Glad to hear that you're enjoying using the product. More integrations into outside products are definitely on the roadmap, in fact we just released an integration with Slack. Check it out and let us know what you think!

The best Q&A tool + private = A great tool for knowledge base

Pros

1. You can tag a team member so he will notify about your question and most likely will answer you. 2. Save time and energy to answer the same question over and over again and helps to build a knowledge base for your company. 3. Integrated with Slack so you can answer, comment, view questions from Slack and the greater part that you can register a tag to a channel so instead of asking on Stackoverflow and post the link in Slack, the integration does this for you.

Cons

At the beginning, when there are only few questions / answers it feels weird to search for information.

Alanna from Dish Network

Stack Overflow Review

Pros

I love that you can ask any question on here and post your code and people can answer you in real-time. It creates a really collaborative environment.

Cons

There wasn't really anything I liked least, maybe the layout could look a bit cleaner but nothing of great importance.

Response from Stack Overflow

Replied July 2019

Hi Alanna, Thanks for your review of Stack Overflow for Teams. It's great to hear you find value in our internal knowledge sharing solution!

Rohit from TA Digital

A nice plugin for MS teams

The plugin really helps the team members by quickly posting queries and finding answers without navigating through the web browser.

Pros

Stack overflow for teams allows to integrate MS Teams with stack overflow, a popular Q&A discussion forum used extensively for technical queries and answers. This plugin helps in collaboration with other users by searching for queries and finding solutions from within the teams application.

Cons

The usability is limited for discussions within your own private teams. It would be helpful to extend this plugin to search across the entire stack overflow platform.