All TeamViewer Remote Reviews

Give Support , Get support

Jeheen Mahmood

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

If you are providing remote serice, you need this

This is a robust workhorse for any and all remote assistance, resource maintanance tool. In my years of use, I have only seen it fail a couple of times. There were some issues with network, but that is not TeamViewer's fault. Do keep in mind, to get the best out of this tool, you should have a stable network on both ends.

PROS

This is the most stable remote access tool I have tested, and I tested an awful lot of them. The file transfer feature works like a charm and is very secure, if you are worried about privacy. Being a remote employee, I have to use PCs all over the world pretty frequently. TeamViewer has proved to be the most stable tool for that. The remote access without assistance feature is especially helpful for a project manager who needs to maintain assests in separate locations.

CONS

To be honest, the sound settings is a little confusing to set up. While on a call it gets tangled up with the call Skype/Slack/Hangouts etc) and creates very irritating screeching noise and/or feedback. It is best to turn of the sound. I guess you can use TeamViewer for calls as well, but I never figured it out as we are pretty much embedded into Slack :D Also the price is rather steep. It is hard for small teams to afford the tool. But if remote work is a core component of your project, you simply have to manage.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

Due to stability and better UI. It did cost rather a lot more than the competitor, but when you are handling important projects, you do need the best solutions.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer had better stability and a much nicer UI.

Yurie Katri

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2022

A helpful tool for working remotely

Before the presentation, I had to scramble to operate the terminal on the top floor of the office. It was not a security-restricted area and there was no concept of using a remote desktop connection to do the work, so we had to go there personally. However, with the spread of remote work thanks to Corona and the introduction of this tool, it became possible to work with a remote desktop connection from home or in the office, eliminating the hassle of walking. In addition, it is now possible to work from home, so I believe that work efficiency has improved significantly.

PROS

It is very convenient because you can operate the remote connection destination terminal through a remote desktop connection between offices or in a homework environment without the hassle of detailed configurations. It is also possible to send files, so it is useful when you want to transfer a local file to a remote connection destination. It also supports smartphone apps, so in an emergency, you can access and respond from your smartphone, which is excellent.

CONS

Sometimes it is strangely cumbersome, and operations such as clicking are disabled and a restart is required, which is inconvenient. Also, as it is not a cheap service in terms of cost, I think if there are several additional contract plans, the barriers to using the paid version will be reduced.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

We are using it with a purchase contract, not a subscription. The cost performance is good, there is no remote precision (cut in the middle) and we can do the job without problems.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

Trouble-free remote control. Even if the customer is stuck in the operation, we can control it remotely. Besides, it is easy to make clients download the remote tool and it is easy to start with a double click, which is also good.

Hi Yurie, Thank you so much for reviewing TeamViewer with the positive feedback! We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. We are glad to know TeamViewer is a powerful remote access tool for you and even for your home office! You are invited to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions about TeamViewer. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! See you in TeamViewer Community! Wish you a great day and all the best. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied October 2022

Ivy

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

The King with a Bent Crown

PROS

Installs easily, clean interface that looks legitimate. Easy to walk people through connecting.

CONS

About 10 years or so ago there was a security issue that let unauthorized people access machines with teamviewer hosts. Initially the teamviewer people denied that it was a vulnerability and blamed it on weak passwords. Shortly after they admitted it was a vulnerability and had been patched. This is shameful behavior and people deserve better than that.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

It's what people knew how to use, and it was the simplest licensing even though it was also the most expensive.

Nate

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Scam Company- Be Very Careful- Don't Buy before you Read - Charged us $1230

Charged us $1230 - when you go to mange subtraction page - you can't do anything - you can't canceled or remove credit card - they will ask you to submit a ticket 28 days before billing and trust them to not charge you again - you can't do anything but hope you have no control to anything its life contract as long as your credit card is active they will charge you - if you are dead they will still charge you Auto renewal forever - you will be forced to change or cancel your credit card or call the bank to block them .They charge us $1230.00 - called them next day to cancel - the answer was to every question - NO Refund - When the Scammers got the money ITS Game Over.Their excuse for the scam - they expecting you to read the invoice and email them 28 days before the billing day - and hope they will respond back to you and pray to god that they will not charge you for the auto renewalI myself called the Bank - I am canceling the credit card and fighting the charges.

PROS

Just like any remote Software - you can use LogmeIn.com - its better company to trust

CONS

Charged us $1230 - Scam - Be Very Very Careful when you subscribe - 1- you can't cancel the subscription on your own2- you can't remove your credit card on your own3- You can't control the Auto renewal - its always on 4- They will charge the auto renewal automatically and you will not get a penny back

Hi Nate, We appreciate your time and efforts in sharing your review about TeamViewer! Please note that TeamViewer is a legitimate remote-access software development company. We are sorry to hear about the negative experience related to TeamViewer and we would like to ask you to contact the TeamViewer Support Team at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/ for a direct discussion and assistance on cancellation request. Meanwhile, feel free to visit TeamViewer Community at https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any troubleshooting questions or feature requests. We would love to listen to different voices from our users and we would like to work on improvements and deliver a satisfactory service to all our users and customers. Hope to see you in the TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied September 2023

Federica

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Perfect for remote desktop

PROS

Is very simple to use an deploy the software on every electronics device such as Mobile phone, desktop pc, tablet and smart tv.

CONS

The system is perfect, fast and performing and from a technical point of view nothing to report.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

Some issue on use on mobile device and tablet.

Hi Federica, We appreciate the outstanding rating based on your TeamViewer experience! We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied April 2024

Fabrizio

Reviewed June 2024

A must if you need to remote connect in unattended way

I use Teamviewer for work but also to help friends. It saves me a lot of time as I don't need to go onsite to check, troubleshoot and fix any software issues. It's also really useful if you are abroad and need to connect to your computer at office for example.

PROS

just install teamviewer remote and set connection parameters on the device you will need to manage remotely: who will connect, what it can do. You will be able to connect to it from another computer (or mobile phone) and act as you were in front of remote machine. You just need to be sure the remote machine is of course powered on and there is internet connection. You can also transfer files. The quality of connection depends of both lines performances (yours and the remote one, upload and download speed should not be too low).

CONS

Teamviewer can be slow on older machines and it may happen you need to restart service on remote machine in order to connect

Roma Anne

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Very convenient!

PROS

What I like about TeamViewer Remote is that I can easily check my office computer even when I am at home or elsewhere.

CONS

So far I like all the features of TeamViewer!

Vivien

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Rate of T.View remote

So far, i like it. i havent encountered any problem using Teamview remote.

PROS

Everything, were using Teamview remote, when we have some technical problem to our account. Our IT Support help us through Team View Remote.

CONS

easy to use, easy to understand the panel, to navigate.

Catherine

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2024

Team viewer remote "the mirror"

It's highly recommended. As a user I can grant an access to others for them to view my computer, need an temporary id and password. Once you established the ID you can screen control the computer of other user. Team viewer helps a lot when you encounter some issues of your computer wherein IT can fix it immediately.

PROS

What I like the most is easy to use and user friendly.

CONS

You need to download the app for you to access

Sheena

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2024

Great product chrck it out

My overall experience has been fairly good

PROS

Its easy to figure out and navigate. Its very user friendly

CONS

There was no cons the i have been able to find so far

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

The Big Hitter of Remote Connection Software

TeamViewer has been incredibly easy to use and has enabled the ICT department to provide a high level of support when responding to support queries. It has led to increased productivity as technicians no longer have to leave their desks for every support ticket and has cut down on response times helping us meet SLAs.

PROS

The TeamViewer application is very easy to install, with a host app being installed on client devices and the full application being installed on technician devices. Multiple devices can be saved for re-connection rather than typing in remote IDs several times. Once remotely connected, the screen can be locked to prevent remote users from interfering with a technician's actions. The screen can also be 'blanked' to the remote user if the technician needs to perform confidential actions (accessing hidden software shares, etc.). Files can be shared between connections, and there are voice/text capabilities to communicate with remote users.

CONS

There have been security concerns in the past year or so that have shaken confidence in the software, however TeamViewer have implemented several fixes to improve security and prevent malicious use (steps such as increasing remote ID length and patching software security holes) to remedy the situation. The pricing is not perhaps as competitive as we would have liked.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer was chosen at the time as several within the ICT department had experience with using and deploying the application. It offered a high quality product compared to alternatives, and came with good brand recognition.

Thomas

Reviewed December 2019

Great software, easy on non-technical users

TeamViewer (for 99% of the time) is easy to setup, easy to configure, and easy to use for both myself and my clients. I've been a long term personal user of TeamViewer, and finally wanted to find a solution for work. TeamViewer pricing was kind of expensive, and found cheaper alternatives (AnyDesk). I tried AnyDesk because of its competitive pricing. However, I noticed that it has bugs in terms of requesting the remote computer for administrative credentials. It will just freeze in that screen. When I tried to email the support, they gave me an irresponsible reply, and never managed to fix the issue. At last, I gave up. And I went with the TeamViewer package. More expensive, but worths it.

PROS

Super easy to use, super easy to install. Latency is great, for most of the time, it's almost like using the computer locally. I can even play videos and does not feel slow.

CONS

There are times when it's slow though (with lots of clicks, movements, and keyboard hitting), but those are usually heavy tasks, and it'd be better off doing them locally anyway. Even though I'm doing personal stuff, it claims that I was doing work, and kicks me out of the session. Not sure how they managed to judge that.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

AnyDesk is not achieving what I want, when I need to help my clients. Every time I need to request for admin privileges, I have to call them up and tell them to click "Yes" on that screen. That is pretty annoying for the client. There was one session I had to call my client 4 times on the phone. I could feel our client was a bit upset. They just wanted me to fix the computer.

Alex

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Excellent Remote Assistance Tool that also functions reliably as a remote work tool

Overall our experience with TeamViewer has been positive. We began using it as a remote assistance tool for our IT department, and when the COVID-19 crisis hit and we suddenly found ourselves needing to provide a number of our office staff with the ability to work remotely TeamViewer helped us seamlessly provide this ability with any major work on the part of our IT department. Over the 2+ years that we've been a paying customer with TeamViewer we have never had any major issues and will continue to do business with them into the foreseeable future.

PROS

Extremely easy to use at it's most basic levels. When I first started using TeamViewer it was for its quick and reliable ability to provide remote support to a user that only required them to install the program and then provide me with a user ID and password in order to connect with there computer. Our original user case was to access the laptops of employees that were operating outside of our comany's intranet, where we used VNC to provide remote assistance, but eventually we started deploying TeamViewer to all of our computers resulting in our IT team being able to provide assistance from anywhere, but also having a greater awareness of the state of our company's equipment. Thanks to the built in contact list and notes column we no longer need to keep a excel sheet contains all of the computer names, the user that uses the computer, and the software installed on it. Additionally it has made applying updates and ensuring malware protection on all of our devices is up to date extremely simple.

CONS

The one feature that I feel is most lacking from TeamViewer is a connection health indicator. I've had issues experience slow and unstable connections to TeamViewer and the software itself does not have any tools to help diagnose if the issue is between the remote computer and TeamViewer or the local computer and TeamViewer. Additionally when using TeamViewer with Windows servers occasionally there seems to be a issue where TeamViewer will freeze right after the Windows login page with a message about cannot capture screen due to fast switching users that can only be resolved by logging into the server through a different method and restarting TeamViewer. If you are planning on using TeamViewer as your sole source of server management then this might be a issue.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

Originally we were looking for a tool more focused on remote assistance that a small number of users would have access to. The ease of deployment and the tools that TeamViewer provide seemed to be worth the cost over some of the cheaper competition. When the COVID-19 crisis hit our company's upper management paid to expanded our TeamViewer capacity since we found ourselves needing to quickly provide the ability to work from home and they did not wish to waste time setting up potentially cheaper software that we did not have a great deal of experience using.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer provides greater access to our company computers and the ability to function as a remote access tool in addition to a remote assistance tool.

Ilsa

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Remote Desktop that works for you

I use Teamviewer for remote control when im unable to be at work and also to be able to provide technical support to my fellow staff members at other branches. My experience with Teamviewer is only what i can describe as a delight. Its simplicity and ease of access is undeniably the best in its field. It cannot compare to other remote desktops, Teamviewer stands out as the number one platform to use.

PROS

Team Viewer is very reliable and easy to use. It is a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. I love that i can work from home when need be. I like the fact that it has multiple features to choose from and that you dont have to use many apps as on Teamviewer they are already there. The best feature for me is the unattended access allowing me access immediately at any time of day.

CONS

The only thing i found least to like is that both station's need to be on the same upgrade level on Teamviewer. You cannot access the one if the other is on a different version of Teamviewer. Also if your internet connection is a bit slow it starts kicking you out at times.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

It kept lagging and was slow to connect to the other station via remote control.

Hi Ilsa, Thank you for providing great feedback about TeamViewer! We are happy that TeamViewer becomes a powerful remote access tool with comprehensive performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. For the most part in this situation, TeamViewer does require the remote connections to occur in the same version of TeamViewer. The latest version of TeamViewer is even better and recommended for uses. Following this, we can ensure all users enjoy the best experience, stronger security, and the latest feature on TeamViewer. At the same time, we strongly encourage you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions. Again, we can't thank you enough for trusting TeamViewer and we hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied January 2023

Nikodem

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2022

TeamViewer, my goto program for remote support

I'm using TeamViewer since many years. Usually to help family with PC problems. TeamViewer always worked without any issues and provided smooth way to work on the actual problem. I would highly recommend it for such purposes. I also like the fact that it's multiplatform, so I can use my Linux PC to connect with Windows.

PROS

I'm using TeamViewer to help my friends and family with their PCs. One of the biggest advantages of TeamViewer are very easy installation (or you can even run it without installing) and configuration. Other softwares that I've used (Radmin, TightVNC) require port forwarding, which is usually beyond regular user technical knowledge. TeamViewer works without this extra hassle. Additionaly there is bunch of extra features like built-in chat for communicating with other person or drag-drop capability for file exchange. Clipboard is also shared by default, so working with this remote desktop software is delightful and allows to focus on actual problem. Another interesting feature is possibility to create an account and adding all PCs that we want to manage into the account. After that we can control any PC at any time. Very convenient if we for example have powerful PC doing some work and would like to supervise this process, while being away.

CONS

I cannot think of any real downside of the TeamViewer other than its pricing for commercial use. I was planning to use it for remote control of the PCs in the small company (family business, 4 PCs to control), but I really cannot justify paying so much for this. Therefore I am using other software with less functionality, but much cheaper.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer is much easier to use and provide reliable connection. Other software require port forwarding and dynamic DNS setup, which is overwhelming for regular user. It is also able to work without knowing IP address of the PC.

Antoni

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Fast and useful

TeamViewer has become a fundamental tool to bring top-class support to our employees. It's really easy to use and our end-users (the less tech-savvy) are able to manage it due to is very user-friendly.

PROS

The las updates let you to create a virtual-room and share the URL with the end-user. End-user only needs to click on the URL and TeamViewer will create the connection. Really usefully and really fast. It improves the end-user experience a lot and they don't need to share anymore the ID and password.Furthermore, is one of the fewer software's that works really well with the UAC Windows, so in case you need to run admin privileges, you can interact with UAC without any issue.

CONS

I would say that they can improve the speed of the filesharing that, depending on the cases, is better to download if from the source website.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer was the most well-known remote software among our engineers. It was also the most well-known among the end-users and it brought flexibility to our company, as it was easy to use no matter the OS used.

Hello Aotoni, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer as your choice of user-friendly remote access solution! We are thrilled that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. Feel free to reach out to us in the TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/) if there is anything we may help you further. Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied August 2023

Kyle

Reviewed January 2024

Teamviewer day to do in IT

Same as my Pro's and Cons. I wouldnt stop using Team viewer, i prefer it over other remote support softwares for its ease of use and professional/secure features.

PROS

Ease of use and setup time. I like the option to have unattended access setup on frequent remote servers that i need to access from my Laptop. Since i tend to move around to different locations for work. Remote access is critical for me

CONS

I wouldnt really say its a deal breaker, but at first, the installation was a bit lack luster in what options to pick (unattended/restricted access). I had to reinstall the product a few times to get the correct version i wanted but apart from that, its all good. I have come across the black screen bug but i believe that may be a Server issue. But if its a known server issue, i think Teamviewer should add this on their FAQ.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

We actually use both in our company. I personally prefer using Teamviewer. I think the screen quality is a lot better and its features are easier to use.

Hi Kyle S, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer and liking TeamViewer! We are so happy to hear from you that TeamViewer is a user-friendly remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) if you have any trouble shooting questions. Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied February 2024