(9,622)

(4,952)

4,952

(1,154)

1,154

• Pros

• "I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it is simple and easy to organize my thoughts and projects with this software!"

• "It's easy to use, it has a great user interface and its easy to use it even with no experience at all!"

• "I absolutely love how easy this platform is! All of my clients love to use this platform and the layout is extremely easy to use. "

• Cons

• "A very useful tool but not well developed for new functionalities."

• "The only cons that the tool has is to duplicate cards, although it is possible, it is necessary to copy the checklist manually, for example. Even so, the tool serves very well."

• "My only complaint is that the free stickers are limiting, but the paid ones are awesome."

Browse Trello Reviews

Joseric from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Trello for Work and Private stuff

Trello will highly improve your productivity for both your office work and personal life. It did to me. You can organize action items (or just about everything any list can do) in a fun and colorful platform. Try it by starting with the basic Trello (free) which is fantastic in itself and might be even more than enough for basic needs.

Pros

I love Trello boards! Ever since I was introduced by my manager to the concept of Kanban boards and Trello, I have loved this app for use in the office (required for my team) as well as for my personal productivity (i.e., my private life). We started using Trello when it was just a simple Web app (used only via the web browser), now I love it even more since they already created an installable version for my devices both Mac (office work) and Windows (personal pc) as well as an Android version (mobile phone). Now I can access my boards anywhere I go. Also, the recent addition of the Home page sort of Wall (like facebook) made it easier to have a rundown of the cards/boards that were recently updated or nearing its due date. This is very useful when you already have multiple (or tons of) boards. Notifications are fantastic! I get reminded via email when a card is due, or whenever a team member makes an update. One more thing I love about this is that you can share boards in public/private/teams. This makes collaboration with external stakeholders possible (or simply just wanting to share a board to the entire internet population).

Cons

The Free version does not allow you to extract all your boards into a spreadsheet format (e.g., excel). Anyway, I was able to try it out (before subscribing) via a Powerup I got for free. I'm not sure about the logic of having to "Archive" a card first before being able to "Delete" it. Maybe there is a reason, but sometimes I would just like to delete a card straight away.

Shaily from Agentdesks

Great app for young startups with less number of employees

I use trello on a day to day basis. My team sets the priorities right in the cards for all the allotted cards and then start the day. It's a great tool which can be used optimally by a small team with individual boards for all the different modules having separate cards for all the features. I'll highly recommend this tool to a team of not more than 20 people.

Pros

- The app is really easy to use and pretty much self explanatory. - The User Interface is really user friendly. - I personally like the email notifications I receive for all the tags the most. - Also the best part about it is that we can set the priority level of any card to be picked up next - Really great for a young startup with an employee strength of 10 - 15. - The filters are really cool

Cons

- It becomes difficult to manage cards with trello boards once the company size grows. - Difficult to manage a trello board with a lot of cards added to it. - The features like adding Expected time to completion for a task, adding the completion percentage of an individual card can be more helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Jira was an option, but was a little more expensive than trello for us to afford.

Sam from The 793 Ltd

Collaboration tool that keeps people on track

One of the things that can be difficult when getting people to collaborate is keeping conversations distinct from each other. Someone will write an email with a few questions or different updates included, and everyone starts replying - some in reference to some of the points, and others to other ones. The benefit of using Trello is that you can keep conversations focused due to the board and card based approach. It's easy to follow the thread of what has been discussed and your reply is always in context and won't be confused with any other subject.

Pros

I liked the easy to understand layout, and the fact that you can easily move things around or relabel them if you need to. The ability to attach different media is good and the interface is nicely customisable. It's great how people from different organisations can easily collaborate. The things that are most active are the most visible in the interface, which is great for keeping your attention.

Cons

I found some of the default settings a little confusing and frustrating. For instance, if you add an image to a card, it's automatically set as the cover image (I couldn't see a way to switch this off). I think that once things get archived, they seem a little hard to revisit, but this is something you occasionally need to do to refer back. These are minor issues really though and I'm sure the interface will keep on improving.

Rob from eSoftware

Trello - Organize your tasks for better life

I have been using it for personal purposes. I just found the app and decide to try it. Because of our energetic and dynamic days, there is a strong need to stay focused and organized, I think that app is very good for doing this. It helps you stay organized, always know what exactly you need to do at the moment, schedule your time and stay healthy mind because you do not need to remember all the things in your head and you can focus on your daily tasks. I pretty recommend this app for every purpose. I think everyone can find himself or herself here because it can save a lot of time, nerves and not finished on-time job. I think it is a very powerful and useful 2019s app for better everyday life.

Pros

This software has multiple features to like. Some of them are: 1. It helps you to organize all your tasks - from your home needs, vacations, what to buy for eating, to your business needs and office tasks. 2. You can share your projects with your family, team or friends - For example, you will no longer forget to say to your partner what to do instead of you at home - just share your common tasks and everything is ready. 3. You can easily create categories - like TO DO, IN PROGRESS, IDEAS and whatever you like. With this feature you always will see exactly what you want - for example you will always see only what you need to do and nothing else unnecessary. 4. You can add to your tasks images, due dates, attachments. You can share a task with specific people only. You can create checklists which I think are very powerful for one task because you just check everything you have done. 5. There are different design templates that help you organize different tasks for different spheres of life - like Home tasks, Business tasks, Study tasks. 6. The design is super pretty and eye-catching and for me, it is a pleasure to work with that kind of beautiful app. 7. You can synchronize your projects and tasks between your devices - PCs, laptops, phones, and tablets. I think this is useful because let's say you can write down all your tasks for the week on the PC on Sunday and then just check them on your phone throughout the entire week.

Cons

Till my using, I didn't find any inconvenience working with the app. I think that the app is very intuitive, easy to use and powerful for all your needs. Of course, if you need it for strong purposes, you need to pay a bit for it, but I think the pricing is very good for all the powerful features the app supports.

Chaya from Scienter Technologies (Pte) Ltd

Trello - Managing projects sophisticatedly

Trello is becoming one of the most popular project management tools with its facilities like file uploading , adding due dates, color labels . Also Trello can be used with many devices like phones , computers or tablets. These facilities have attracted the users and it has become more popular among the users.

Pros

Trello is a one of the most popular web based project management tool used in these days. Because of its attractive visual and high adaptability it has become more and more popular. Through Trello people wo are scattered on different geographical areas yet working on the same project can get together and continue their work without any obstacles. The application provides the ability to transfer files among the team members and users can put cards to mark the work to do. Also each card is assigned a color label according to the priority of each task. Because of the colored label facility users may not miss dead lines. When a card is created user is given a chance to add due date . When the time is close color of the card turns in to yellow and once the date is passed it will automatically turn in to red. This method helps the user not to miss the dead lines. Also Trello can be used on many platforms like computers , tablets and even on the phones.

Cons

In order to use Trello users need to have a proper internet connection. Without a proper network connection users cannot use the application. Trello is more suitable for simple projects with in a small scale. It is not suitable for big projects with many teams . Users can only upload files up to 10MB for each attachment. Files bigger than 10MB cannot be upload if you are a basic member. Only business class and gold members can attach files up to 250MB.

William from Minuteman Press

The best in order and group work.

In a little more than a year using it, it has brought me a lot of help and good things, I appreciate and organize better my work with Trello, it is very simple the group stage because it provides us with notifications, deadlines, processes, editions and so on. You can synchronize your content with Trello. I recommend it completely, I think it is for everyone, it is customizable and will fit every need.

Pros

There are some characteristics in favor of Trello which are; clean design, that in spite of having a lot of tools, does not stop being simple and customizable. It is available for any device, pc, mobile, tablet and its applications are quite good. Friendly with integration and widget application. And as we know, it is a wonderful task manager, highly collaborative, ideal for business and personal work. I use it daily because I take the process of my activities there, also the group is very active and more in the creative area, is favorable because we can upload audiovisual content, evidence, you can add labels, colors, stickers; their cards are pretty cool and the lists handle everything, attach files and so on, is very complete and is a relief to have this software

Cons

Trello is pretty good for its pro price, besides having the free version which is also great. But I feel that it can improve in the mentions and search of the members in groups.

Ty from Georgia-Pacific LLC

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

My favorite personal project management tool ever!

It always does exactly what i need it to do. Never dealt with bugs, sync issues. Provides me a lot of relief managing my day to day. No matter what device i am near i can add something to a list and continue along.

Pros

I have used many different project management/personal organization tools and none of them ever seemed to "stick" until Trello came along. The app is fantastically built with an incredible UX no matter the device. They haven't overloaded it with unnecessary extra junk and i appreciate that. They stick to their core mission and do the right things really, really well and it's because of that i still use it. Using it as a collaborative tool is also great. It might not be DevOps and some people may knock it for that but there is definitely a place for it in an agile organization.

Cons

I personally don't consider this a criticism but i could see how some would say its not good enough as an enterprise project management tool. I can understand where they are coming from BUT my primary use of this platform is personal project management and task management. I also think most projects could easily employ a agile model facilitated by Trello but it's really a personal preference.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I really like the UI of Trello. It's intuitive and easy to use.

Lee from E.C. Barton & Company

Industry: Building Materials

Great Software for Small Teams

It is great for small teams that aren't strictly held to a standard for regular sprint cycles. If you want a quick SCRUM or KANBAN experience for a hobby or small project it is perfect. If you're looking to manage a large scale development project, it is not scalable.

Pros

It's very easy to use and extremely flexible for many styles of project management. Using it on several of my side projects not related to the core of my development role, I have been able to easily keep track of progress and manage the workflow for a small team and small projects. The plugins were fun to use as well. I really liked the "aging cards" effect for cards that haven't moved through the workflow fast enough.

Cons

As a developer on many projects, Trello became cumbersome when we needed to scale and manage multiple projects. I wanted to, but the costs and features seemed to limit the scope of what we could do with various agile teams on numerous projects. I think it would have worked, but our contractors were looking for something more along the lines of JIRA for software development project management. We never got to try out multiple features or plugins with Trello as a whole. I did get to use it to manage my tasks related to JIRA issues, which was okay, but I eventually opted for tasks in JIRA. In short, it is hard to clearly define sprints and tasks for those sprints without having to repeatedly create new labels or new boards to separate sprints.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

We chose Trello initially for ease of use and flexibility. We were unaware of the limitation of scale that eventually came from using it on large scale productions.

Julian from DO IT International

Simple and free tool for time management using Agile principles

We are a corporate training company and we use Trello to teach time management for corporate users. Our participants adopt very easily the tool and are ready to use it in minutes. I also personally use it to store information, manage small projects, plan my trips and collaborate with others. Simple and effective.

Pros

Trello is super easy to use and a very simple concept. However, it is amazing powerful and has lots of power ups and extensions to make it even more powerful. Its free and very intuitive. I use it with the participants in my workshops and they can all register and get it running in a couple of minutes.

Cons

Managing several boards can become cumbersome and Trello does not have an easy way to sync cards or lists among boards. With the purchase of Buttler a former third party power up, this is a bit better now, but still a big flaw.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Price and simplicity. The free version is good enough for a powerful experience and the paid version is still reasonable . Asana is much more powerful, but more expensive and complex.

Stuart from Key West Video Inc. - Corporate Video Production

Does what we need in the way that we need it... When it works.

It's great when it is working. We are hoping Butler for Trello gets fixed soon so we do not have to switch to another option.

Pros

We switched over to Trello from two other services our company was using as it allowed us to bring then into one with Trello. It gives us a great visual for the various projects we have and for our team to keep up to date on things.

Cons

The power-up Butler for Trello is a great tool that Trello has, however, we haven't been able to have it working properly for 2-3 weeks now since an error started occurring, and Trello Support has yet to fix it or give us an update as to why it no longer works properly. It has hindered our workflow, and if not fixed soon we will need to look into alternatives.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

A member of our team created a presentation as to the benefits of Trello compared to what we were using at the time, and so we decided to switch. Also, the pricing was better in terms of how we use Trello compared to ActiveCollab.

Rob from NVision4D

Trello keeps projects centralized and organized.

The most significant problem I solved with Trello is consolidation. Projects with a lot of managers can get out of control very quickly. One person will say, "I sent that email a week ago." Another will say, "I put that on Dropbox yesterday." In short time, there are multiple areas that contain the important documents and info and it becomes very tedious to find and consolidate it all. I have my clients "only" send me info via Trello. That way, everything is in one place. And, if they make a mess or place things in the wrong place, Trello is easy to reorganize and cleanup. I can manage the entire project in one place and now nothing is lost or missed or misplaced.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, fast and accessible. It also provides a good "overview at a glance" as to how a project is progressing, what needs attention and what can be left alone for now. I like the ability to "drag and drop" images and text into it. It makes it fast to share when you have another browser open and are researching. I also like the ability to place labels on the stacks of cards. Many of my clients don't take the time to really get into Trello and read everything I post there. They are in a hurry and just want what's required. I can place labels, say for instance, "Needs Feedback", on a stack and they just get used to looking for that so they can respond. It's also great for collaborating in real-time as I'm on the phone with someone. It's accessible from any web enabled device so I can view it and or work on it from anywhere.

Cons

The only thing I wish Trello had was the ability to "markup." I'd like to be able to draw or make pointers on images that are posted. Other than that, I don't know what else I'd change.

Randy from Atlantic BT

Any amazingly productive tool that is super simple to use

I have been using Trello for years in multiple use cases. I won't repeat the features here, because you can find those, but because of those features I have used it in these kinds of cases: - First and foremost for my daily and longer term task tracking at work. Although my office officially works in Jira, I use Trello for my non-billable tasks (and in fact for organizing many of my billables) because it is much easier and faster to use (then I just go to Jira to charge the time). - For personal task management - For collaboration with family - It is EXTREMELY useful in collaboration on projects supporting non-profits I work with - it's free, easy to use, and doesn't require any software install, so it's the easiest option for me to get a committee or team together on one tool to plan, coordinate, keep notes and records. It has helped some of my non-profit projects that I don't think would have succeeded otherwise. - For both online and in-person UX testing such as card sorts. - For documenting data models. - For documenting project process outlines. - For documenting design elements in a design process. I think I could probably go on for a bit longer, but these are the use cases I repeat often.

Pros

The best feature of Trello is that it is so simple and intuitive to use that I can have non-profit board members, committee members, and clients who have never seen it before up and running with it in very short order. It is the perfect balance of essential functionality with ease of use. Capable software that is too hard to understand is useless, as is software that is so simple it does nothing - Trello allows you to have teams quickly become productive without a massive investment in training time (and the associated drop-off in use).

Cons

Maybe it's because I'm so used to using it that I know what the limitations are and stay within them, that I don't have a strong 'least' liked feature. I guess I find the label color schemes rather limiting, but I know there are chrome extensions to help address that, and really the problem is that what I would want to do with labels varies with my application and I've been too lazy to really think through appropriate labeling schemes and exploring the extension options - I think writing this review will probably give me enough of a push to do that. However, this also demonstrates what I like about Trello - the default options are always 'sane' and not too complicated, so it is easy to get any team up and using it quickly. More complicated options would interfere with that.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

My initial use of Trello wasn't a structured analysis and selection from a set of Kanban tools - it was more discovering the kanban method as superior to lists and spreadsheets as tracking methods. Then, when more complex kanban tools became available, I found they were too complicated and expensive for distributed users that weren't in the same office. I use Jira when forced as the office standard, but that's for time tracking - we still use Trello throughout the office for tasks that don't have to be in the system of record because it's so easy and effective.

Mike from Sports Software

Great Product for Small Teams and StartUps to get Organized Now

Trello is good for personal organization, as well as organization of small teams (2-4 workers). As teams grow, we consider moving to Asana as it helps handle teams that are still under one manager. With multiple teams and managers, I had success with Jira. Our team is happy to use it as they find it adds value without wasting valuable time. Trello is quicker then Asana and Jira to set-up. You get what you put into it, so its important to define a cadence with your team for it to work. Trello enables your team to stay organized, but it is up to your team to use it consistently to receive its value.

Pros

Trello is a low commitment software that is easy to set-up and very quick to learn. We are using it at a small start to to manage tasks and development milestone. It is perfect for product and project management with small teams. The trello UX is flexible for many tasks, and saves you time (for example: one can re-use task lists since they automatically save, making processes that operate at a fixed frequency easy to set up). The ability to assign tasks and due dates is very helpful. The features overall are geared towards good documentation and consistent experience. Its a well built product. If its your companies first time using electronic software for product or project management, its the perfect tool to get started and work on a cadence thats works for you team. Our team has moved from white boards to trello, and have seen positive results.

Cons

I find trello is a little more tedious then other software like Jira. This is because I cannot move things in bulk. Also, trello doesnt have the same layout functionality that Jira does, making it less efficient for large teams. Trello has a lot of functionality that you may not need, so be sure to only use what makes your time with the product effective. Make sure to think through what is worth spending time on with your team.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello is the quickest to use from day 1. It requires the lowest amount of time to get to work. Its free tools are also amazing. The alternatives had too much investment to get started, given we were initially in a exploratory stage.

Great Way to keep track of projects in a virtual team

Like any tool, the crux of the matter is wether you can get your team to adopt it and use it, rather than just keep plowing along with email. But my experience has been that the visual way that you can get a lot of information represented with one glance and the flexibility of how you do this, combined with the notifications (email, computer, mobile apps) makes it far superior to email and my team has realized this.

Pros

This visual way this represents information and the flexibility in how this information is represented on the 'board' and within each 'card' makes this an invaluable tool for our virtual team. I like most that this software gives you a visual representation of your work. You can see at a glance where things are at. We use it for client projects with multiple milestones to see where we are in each of the cases. The "cards" let you add all types of information in a facebook like feed: documents, photos and scans, notes, you can have discussions here. You can also add deadlines to a card, which will remind you at the set time on your desktop or phone. (apps for all major platforms are available). Notifications also get sent to your email if you so desire. I also really like that once you have written a checklist, and you create a new card you can easily use the former checklist as a template for the new card. This means we can make our SOP's into checklists and maintain these so all people who work on a project use the same standardized measurements of the progress on a project.

Cons

The way usernames are created seems a bit random. For example my colleage, lets call him "Frank Michaels" gets a username assigned that looks like this @frankmich2453 - when I want to address him (tag him) in a conversation to ensure he gets an altert that this is something he needs to look at, this weird, random username gets used. Its not really an issue with functionality as much as aestetics and defintely not a deal breaker.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Basecamp is a great product but the pricing options for Trello are better (free options are available) and (not sure why) adoption has worked better, eventhough I like the aestitics of Basecamp better, but visual representaiton through these 'cards' is really well implemented and helps many people understand infomraiton quicker.

The perfect tool to follow up team tasks and projects

The main use of Trello is the team follow up by following the tasks, the due date and the projects. This is the best tool to work together within a team and to keep all tasks organized and well assigned. Coupled to Microsoft Outlook, Teams and Project, it is the best combination to manage a team and big projects.

Pros

Trello is very easy to understand and to use. The dashboard is very clean and easily useable. There are very high quality features such us assigning tasks to team, with due dates, with priority levels, ... Trello can be integrated to other softwares such us Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams. We also set up a ticketing tool to solve all customer requests and bug reports.

Cons

Nothing I really didn't like about Trello... Maybe be one thing could be improved : it is the history of the actions done on the task and tiles. At the moment, the history is too loaded and sometimes it is not easy to find the most important actions done.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello is used by a lot of people and is well supported. It is very easy to use and easy to understand by all the team, whatever their level. The user interface is very simple and friendly. It helps focus on the mains tasks and work. Very good features to help managing projects. It is integrated to Microsoft Teams and Outlook which are our main softwares in the company.

Great tool for project management

Trello is our go-to tool for planning and executing projects. We use it to plan and execute projects across multiple teams and functions and it works very well - everyone knows how to use it, everyone follows the boards, works great. We use Asana for my team and Trello for cross-company project planning.

Pros

- Trello is great for planning and executing projects - It's especially useful when multiple teams/depts are involved - Unlike Asana, it's easy to add freelancers and external partners to Trello and have them follow the workflow - Trello is super easy to set up and use - No enablement is needed - it's just intuitive

Cons

- The functionality is very basic and upgrading to paid plan costs the same as Asana (which has more goodies for us) - When we have boards with external parties and try to upgrade, we need to pay for the 'guests' as well and that blocks us - Sub tasks don't have a deadline functionality, which is a pity

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello is free & more convenient for cross-teams projects.

Nancy from American Showa

Great team collaboration and organization tool

I am a beginner at Trello, so have not investigated all the functionality. That being said, I can envision, with proper licensing, utilizing Trello daily in my job, home, home business, and travel. A software vendor managing a new implementation developed a sort of scrum board with user stories, where we can post questions/concerns we come upon during the implementation life cycle. In addition to using a basic "post-it note" type board, I was very easily able to create a full series of test scripts and assign team members within the first 30 minutes of use. MUCH more elegant than a giant workbook! Browsing templates, I found a trip planner for Paris, which is where I plan to take my granddaughter next summer. I was effortlessly able to change the itinerary and edit embedded link to the Skyscanner power-up to point to our home airport and actual dates. My granddaughter is a member, so when she sees or thinks of something she wants to do, she can add a card or link to our trip board. Recently my business partner for our part-time Etsy shop sent a link to a Trello board template for inventory keeping, so after the holidays, we plan to start developing this for our shop. This is a fantastic tool to keep on track and take away the pain of sorting through so many activities, tasks, to-do's, plans, etc. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Cloud based - available 24/7 without having to VPN in to a server that stores Project docs. Flexible - create test scripts, PM tasks/timelines, to-do lists, trip planning, inventory Fun - allows switching backgrounds, cute stickers, set reminders, embed links and maps, allows users to give it a personal touch and flair Easy - simple to use, with many templates available online. The seems to be no limit to the the uses one can imagine for this product. 5S - Eliminates the need for post-its and binders full of scribbled notes - just add a note/task/card and it is there in the cloud, accessible with a click for future reference.

Cons

The only setback I have experienced is that an upgrade to 'business class' is required to utilize more than one "Power-up," per board. 'Power ups' are free add-ons different functions and enhancements and embedded links to maps, travel sites, calendars, etc.. I have not yet approached my company to purchase an upgrade, since I do not know who would use these multi-power-upped boards that would require additional 'business class' licenses. We ran in to this with PowerBI as well - great if there are only a few using, but the costs quickly accumulate once users see how greatly this would impact their work efforts. Without the power-up, I cannot get dates on tasks within a card to update automatically when changing the beginning date, because there does not seem to be a standard dependency/gantt feature like there is in Project.

Maryl from Cadenza Artists

Trello is your team's organizational sandbox

We use Trello every day to give the company team-wide access to where we are in the pipeline of our projects. Any team member can be added to any board to see, add and edit cards. Trello has great integrations with other platforms we use such as Hubspot and Google suite. You can easily create a new card by sending to a specific email address which streamlines the flow of regular processing. We greatly appreciate the regular updates from the Trello team, they seem to be regularly updating the software and adding benefits to their already solid product.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, easy to customize and visually appealing. Their customer service and regular updates are impressive.

Cons

I personally have no drawback to this software, we have utilized this on our team for years, tried other software for the same systems and keep coming back to Trello.

Does it's job without all of the frills

I use Trello both for my individual work as well as department-wide requests. Trello allows me to hold co-workers accountable for submitting requests and maintaining a detailed change log, which often gets lost or can be difficult to backtrack when managing requests via email, chat tools, or in-person.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, requires little-to-no training or enablement, and just gets the job done. Though the add-ons available for a free account are rather minimal, I find that the additional features provided by premium accounts are often unnecessary and cause a lot of noise. When looking for a tool to maximize efficiency of ticket completion, I find less is more.

Cons

Very easy to accidentally delete information in a ticket without noticing, with no way to undo changes. The permissions available to restrict certain people from editing cards are limited, and would be very helpful when creating cards that are supposed to serve as templates, for example, which would ideally be locked and available for copying only.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Free tier, which Asana no longer offers

Michael from Post Hill Press

Industry: Publishing

Great Tool for Staying on Track

It's a great tool. The paradigm of board / list / card is easy to follow and simple to teach to even the most technophobic user.

Pros

Trello's "board / list / card" format makes it great for sharing tasks and passing them over to other departments to track production flow. Our company produces upwards of 200 new products per year so the production details are passed between departments and handed-off with ease with this tool.

Cons

The Free Tier versus the Business Tier is a big jump. There's very little room to tiptoe into the commercial version of the tool. The Business version is expensive for large organizations. That being said, the free tier does everything we need it to do. The biggest downside of this system is that you can potentially back up the system by downloading json files, but there is NO TOOL to restore lost data! One would have to manually re-enter every card and every detail in the system which would be a disaster. They really do need to focus on their import/export abilities which are currently completely nonexistent.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

A department head had previous experience with Trello and was convinced it was the perfect tool for our needs. They were right.

I didn't ask for shared to-do lists... but here we are!

Overall I have found Trello to be of benefit both personally and to our team. Trello has helped our management keep track of each team member's workloads from a big picture standpoint, and has helped with distribution (and re-distribution) of work. It has also been beneficial to me in terms of organizing and keeping track of the work that I'm doing. As someone naturally disorganized, this is a major compliment. It has been so helpful that I am considering using it for my personal projects as well.

Pros

Trello is an organizational powerhouse. Personally, neither my mind nor my typical work style are very organized -- I'm all about scattered thoughts and scattered notes. Trello offers a myriad of solutions for the problem that is me. From separate boards for separate projects/task types, to separating lists of cards by various types, to individual cards, the organization options offered by Trello's "to-do" lists are pretty granular. This system is very easy to use, but the deeper you go -- especially once you start playing with Trello's various powerups -- the more complex it becomes. There is a lot to be said for the extension of functionality offered by said powerups -- they go from simple extensions of base functionality to drastic shifts in how information is presented (such as calendar view) or integration of other services (including Google Drive and Dropbox). Trello is pretty easy to use out of the box for an unorganized person such as myself, but offers a lot of possibilities for the power users willing to dive, or the highly organized among us.

Cons

Aside from its many organizational functions, which are stellar, the main draw of Trello is that it allows for sharing and collaboration among users. My team (10-20 people), for example, uses a single shared Trello board, with card lists for each team member, across all of our projects. Since everyone can see everything, this has led to occasional weirdness between members of our team. Perhaps this is just due to the organizational structure we've settled on -- perhaps I'm saying the con is people. On that note -- there doesn't seem to be an easy undo function, so if you mess something up on a shared board you may end up creating confusion. The notification system is also not ideal. Trello is not the place to go if you require the person you're communicating with's immediate attention.

Der from Entertainment

Industry: Computer Games

Trello, awesome for ToDo lists but in need of improvement

Trello is an ingenious site to create ToDO lists. I know a few companies that use Trello and I do. I use Trello to create ToDo lists for the completion of my computer game. So current problems are listed there and colored whether the problem still exists or has been fixed. When I have new ideas, I create a Trello map. So I have my ideas, important things and problems directly in one place. I have tested a CMS for my webserver that works similar to Trello. However, it has always turned out that Trello is the better choice.

Pros

There are some positive things, but also some that bother me. One of the positive features of Trello is that it is absolutely free. I can use it without any costs and have all my information in one place. Trello's smartphone app helps me stay up to date and add new ideas even when I'm on the go. The website is quickly loaded even if the internet is not so good and you can access everything quickly and easily.

Cons

What really bothers me about using Trello is that you can only create these vertical boxes and then always add new lists to the right. In the beginning that's ok, but with larger collections of ideas, problems or todo-things in general, the board quickly becomes confusing. With my current board I have to scroll 10 minutes to the right (Of course that's a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean, don't you?) to get to my other lists. In any case, I hope for a better user interface that is clearer and makes it easier to work with a team on the board.

Ishanka from Global Systems Solutions International

My favorite, simple and easy to use task management tool on the Internet

The ease of use and layout makes this great for smaller projects, but also holds the platform back from fulfilling the needs of bigger operations. With my experience with Trello, I think it is a must-have tool for freelancers, small companies and new startups.

Pros

Trello is a project management software that allows teams to collaborate on a project. This platform is commonly used by software development teams, small startups, and entrepreneurs who are working together with a team to create a product of sorts. It allows for easy communication, updates on tasks, and the general oversight of a project. Through my experiences of working with the software platform, here are some of the pros and cons I have found to be true of this platform. Ease of Use - I was shocked to see older professors in a college setting using this platform, but thanks to the simplicity, almost anyone who is semi-tech savvy can easily navigate and figure out the basics of Trello. Device Accessibility - Typically, when you are on the go, you don't always have time to be working off of your laptop. With Trello, it is easy to manage boards, lists, and cards from a mobile or tablet device. Notifications - It is easy to stay up to date with any project as users are sent notifications through the mobile and web app platforms. Layout - The way the task, cards, and list are set up allows for one to quickly understand the status of the project and access details needed in specific areas of the project.

Cons

Limited Storage - In the freemium model, the most each file attachment can be in size is 10 MB. This can be problematic if the team needs to view a PDF, video, or slide deck presentation that you are trying to add to the board. This can easily be resolved by a user posting a link on Trello of a google drive file, but the creation of that google drive file may come as an inconvenience. Commenting - As progress is made, you may want to edit a comment made previously to avoid confusion among team members. Trello does not allow for editing comments, which can come as a hassle. Instead, you must write a new comment.

Vanessa from Hartline Transaction Services Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate BloomTree Realty

I LOVE TRELLO!!!! It will change your life.

Best organizational tool out there! Highly recommend for home and work use. The possibilities are endless.

Pros

Everything!!! The customization, the integrations, the data it can sort/ share, team collaboration, organizational flows (for personal and work related items). Trello has change my life and my clients lives. I manage real estate listings and transactions for clients in here and they can see everything I do. They know exactly where they are in the listing or transaction process and we can easily communicate with each other. It is also very helpful for storing data and tracking workflow. On a personal level, I love it for keeping track of grocery lists, sale items, projects, health insurance issues. All of the above. I am a new mom and put questions for my daughter predication in Trello and pull out the list at each appointment. I love that it can be used on a desktop or mobile device and so easily. I also love that it is FREE for up to 10 users and had thousands of integrations with other programs and apps. It is great tool for small businesses!

Cons

The downside it you have to share whole boards, not just specific cards. It would be the end all be all if they could build in this feature. It has been my greatest struggle with my business model.

Alfredo from Kampaoh

Improve productivity of your team

One of the main mistakes in teams is lack of comunication. With Trello all your team will know what taks are prioritary, steps to acomplish them and who is the responsible of do it. As a manager you get a simple view of the task you delegate. As an employee you get a list of task and status of this tasks.

Pros

It's 100% free. You can design the "canvas" as you decided. Personalize it, and make it usefull for you and your team.

Cons

When you start using a new app, some people refuse the change. This app needs the compromise of all your team, because it's not usefull if some people decide not to use it.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

It's free and full customizable.

Khaled from Alfan Group

From team-management to project organization!

This software has allowed us to manage internal projects, work with consultants and external hires / outsourcing, hold team members accountable for goals, timelines, and long-term KPI's. It gives the freedom to managers to micro and/or macro-manage depending on their style.

Pros

Trello is one of those tools that is perfect for all user levels. For those just starting out, it's easy to organize anything in your life, from wedding planning, to family budgeting, to project management to research organization. For power users, you get the advantage of a plethora of tools and shortcuts that make project management a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes the platform is a little slow when jumping back and forth between different boards... but honestly it's nothing prohibitive. It may also be the shear number of boards, lists, and tickets that our team has using the free tier.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Redmine wasn't build specifically for this use, and would take a much bigger investment in time and energy to adopt.

Ericson from MOS Studio

Industry: Computer Games

Trello Review

We are using it as a tracking task progresses for Game development and also I use it as a tool for list bugs status.

Pros

What I like the most on Trello is the way of moving the card or progress so easy to designated list, And i like also the assigning people to the card who are working on in with included due date with each task, The notification is so reliable for us to remind us things we need to work on and when the date line is near, it set it as a reminder for us. We are using trello for tracking task progresses and prioritisation. Also as a QA engineer for the communication with the developer I am using it to list all bugs and issues with the system and assign it with the programmers. I like : Labeling with colors The Shortcut keys Attaching files in each card and also links website

Cons

What i did not like about it is that it does not have a graph or gant chart. And also to maximize the space the user can also move the list into the bottom of another list.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Its very easy to use that we will not take time to learn more , because it is actually so basic . all functions are straight to the point.

Lisa from Freelance

Industry: Writing and Editing

Amazing software!

Excellent. Most people I know who have started using this software, myself included, quickly find that it is very useful in improving productivity and reducing stress. After using it for work I liked it so much that I now use it regularly in my personal life as well.

Pros

The learning curve is very small. The visual style is super helpful in managing projects. The amount of added features is vast and growing all the time. It feels very lightweight and easy/quick to navigate across multiple platforms and devices.

Cons

Would like to have swim lanes be an option. The recently updated reminder feature is nice, but I would like fully-customizable reminder options. Would be great to have a feature where if you mark a task as complete it can automatically be moved to a "Completed" column.

Price and ease of use.

Stephanie from The Verb Church

Indispensable Foundation To Our Productivity

We give our leaders full flexibility to utilize Trello, which has resulted in a lot of boards (list of lists, essentially). This is not overwhelming, however; the team knows how to utilize this system and, effectively, use this as a foundational means of communication. We use Trello to stay on track with yearly, quarterly, and weekly goals; we use Trello to plan events and coordinate all vendors, volunteers, supplies, and raw ideas; we even all use Trello in our personal lives, from making a weekly schedule, to meal planning, to gift managing!

Pros

What I love the absolute most about this software, is its malleable ability to record, monitor, transmit, and communicate an idea or task in every way necessary to our productivity. Tasks and ideas are easily moved between all necessary individuals and teams. Each member involved in the task is able to clearly communicate their progress along the way, and team members can watch other's progress leading up to their obligation. We use Trello to manage thousands of tiny micro-tasks, yet it all is cleanly and neatly organized to stay on-track and entirely avoid overwhelm.

Cons

At the moment, there is not a way to have the same card (task) on multiple lists/boards (the terms used by Trello to describe vertical lists and overall categories, respectively). You can make copies, but if one card is updated, the others will not also update. I understand the exclusion of this feature, but there have been many occasions where this would improve productivity and assist projects. For now, we simply make links to cards and boards.

Murtuza from Designer On Fire

One of the best free project management tool

Pros

The interface. I was looking for a free tool to have a track on my work and I hired bunch of people remotely but always having communication gaps. After finding Trello I found it super easy to learn it and get started. I immediately moved all my team to the software and started to create cards (tasks) for them. The best part is that I can collaborate on every single card and can put up the brief, links, files everything on one place. And above everything is checklist. Most of my cards have a to do list so having a friendly multi checklist feature in Trello makes me to stick with it.

Cons

Its hard to say but as I liked the interface mainly, there is one thing I didn't liked. Comments on the bottom. I used to have checklists and that's why comments section always go deep down. I prefer it to be on right side to make cards super collaborative.

Amanda from Healthy House on the Block Inspections

Perfect for the Visual Planner

I use Trello mostly for planning out my content on my blog and my content for social media. It has been a great place for me to make lists of ideas and brainstorm. I have also used Trello with collaborative groups, which has been really great and easy to use. I integrate everything into my Google Calendar so that I don't end up missing any scheduled tasks I need to complete.

Pros

I like that Trello is a planning system that works well for someone inclined to be more visual. Each category can have a series of cards below it for each individual item within the category. I love that I can add a link, image or color to each card to make it stand out and organize it even more. I also love that each board can have be categorized into various areas of my life. For example, I have a boards from anything to planning out my blog, to activities to do with the kids to brainstorming ideas for future work opportunities. I love that I can easily move the cards around and re-categorize them once they are done. Another amazing feature is that you can add these cards to a Google Calendar, which brings everything together for me and keeps me super organized.

Cons

I wish there were more features available and a little bit more customization within each card itself. This program also requires a little bit of a learning curve to find where all the features and add-ons for each card are in the menu.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I liked the visual appeal of Trello more and I liked being able to use Google Calendar and Google Drive with the platform.

John from NETSCOUT

Very user-friendly tool that improves project management!

Our group began using Trello to replace spreadsheets for project tracking and the results have been amazing. With Trello, we can quickly navigate through multiple projects and also get an immediate, visual sense of the overall project status. Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very easy and includes extensive customization options. Notifications for any project updates can be delivered via email, desktop or push (iOS) and the frequency can be adjusted. Trello also utilizes what they call "Power-Ups" for integration with a variety of other 3rd party solutions. The Google Drive "Power-Up" has been especially useful as it allows us to attach files to cards directly from Google Drive. With an emphasis on security, Trello also includes session tracking and offers two-factor authentication for all price tiers. With a clean UI and very intuitive functions, Trello provides a great user experience.

Pros

- Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very intuitive - Cards have an option to include a "Checklist" to easily track sub-tasks - Function to "Copy" a card makes creating multiple cards quick and easy - Clicking on your profile image displays a list of all cards currently assigned to you - Menu includes an "Activity" section with a snapshot of all recent changes or updates - Status "Lists" (columns) are completely customizable including quantity and titles - Search function includes default options to quickly search by due date - Option to pin the "Boards" list on the left side provides easy access to multiple boards - Simple and easy integration with other tools such as Google Drive via "Power-Ups" - Custom background images can be uploaded and set for each board - Two-factor authentication is included in all price tiers - Free version includes unlimited personal Boards and up to 10 team boards - Extremely clean UI with a very nice overall look & feel - Mobile app is extremely user-friendly and always in-sync

Cons

- Usernames apparently need to be globally unique across all of Trello (no one on my team was using "john" but I still got an error message that the "Username is taken") - Clearing (or "marking read") notifications on the mobile app is a little confusing

Kathleen from Leeward Community College

Easy and Effective Project Management

When I travel and I have on-going projects in the office, Trello makes it easier for me to be aware of progress or problems. I get notifications on my phone when a team members adds to a project or task -- I can easily check it out and not get bogged down in an endless email trail! Overall, IO really enjoy using Trello and recommend it often. There are a lot of uses in addition to project management. I have a board for collecting and organizing recipes! So I use Trello for both work and personal use.

Pros

I use Trello to manage projects in a very busy marketing office. The ability to easily assign tasks, see progress and have all of this shared by a group is tremendously helpful. The simplicity of the user interface is great, along with the playfulness of the app -- from helpful hints from Taco to the "wiggle" of moving a task from In Progress to Done! And, of course this is all available on desktop and mobile devices. Two other handy features I use frequently are: creating a a card from a webpage via a bookmark and the "send to" on by mobile devices.

Cons

Because the software is so easy to use, I had the tendency to create a too many Boards and suddenly it was taking more time to organize all the various boards and lists I had created. But, taking a breath and thinking a bit more BEFORE setting up a project, made everything fall back into an orderly layout!

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello was the right solution at the right price point for me. And my students enjoy using it!

Ultimate multi-team work and work-flow tracking

We started out using trello on their free plan for a single project as an experiment. This is how we've evaluated ticketing and tracking systems in past, but trello became so popular so quickly in 6 months we used it almost everywhere. It's UX is so well-designed that it enhanced our work productivity more than custom-reinforcement tools that had been built for other tracking systems. It works great for individual and team projects, and allows both mixing of teams and seperate teams as case may be. It has good security and notification, and it very reasonably priced. It has so many integrations (they have different word for integrations, i forget it something like buttons), there are constantly more things we could be doing with it. Butler plugin is particularly useful- again this does things that we have had to automate internally with other work tracking systems. The API we've started using extensively in the past 6 months, it's much easier than many vendors APIs and we've used it for everything from quick regular reports to automated notification, to management-like functions. Again some of these things we've done in other systems, but the card concepts are so well implemented they just work better and are more clearly to implement and have the eventual implementation very closely match the vision.

Pros

Beyond easy to use- it's actually fun to use, people want to move work through. By embracing kanban it also encourages constant workflow. The integrations it has are numerous and awesome. The API is very flexiable and we use it extensively.

Cons

Not too much. There are some annoyances like it doesn't support all of Markdown, which makes it harder to format things. It's a bit tricky to apply same operation to multiple cards, without using the API. This creates extra work, but once you know it you can frequently control it. Mostly rare annonyances, some feature that isn't there yet.

see above

Aman from University of Massachusetts

Best once you get it

This is an excellent software. A little difficult at the first but once you get used to it. It is easy and reliable.

Pros

This product is very useful for the users who want to organize their team working. The schedule and the team meetings. The user who are planning to organize sprint should use this software as it is very useful for sprint planning. I used it as Scrum Master to design product backlog

Cons

It is little hard to get used to when we first started using this software and it is also tricky when we use it with other applications.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Because of wide range of functionality and the ability of trello to adopt to change in target audience.

Erik from Ghostery

Industry: Security and Investigations

Clean, Beautiful Workflows for Organized Pros

I am incredibly impressed with Trello and refer everyone I know who needs a team collaboration platform. Trello offers everything I need to organize my current and future projects quickly and efficiently. Many thanks to the developers for delivering a world class product with excellent customer service.

Pros

I wish I knew about Trello WAY sooner. It has improved my workflow and increased my productivity tenfold! You can add columns for categories like "To Do, Doing, Waiting on Feedback, Done, etc", add labels for color coding your cards, and add team members to individual cards. Your members will stay updated on any activity via email updates if desired so you never miss an update. You can easily add images and files directly to your team mates where they can comment, suggest edits, and have a database of files to refer back to if needed.

Cons

I would enjoy having the option to send an email directly to team members or groups on a specific card and the ability to view different boards at once. Aside from those features there is nothing I would change! Trello is incredibly robust and offers everything I could ask for in terms of workflow organization and collaboration.

Clay from Hospitality

One word: Simple.

I use Trello to organizing my bugs and features. Its easy to put the most important things on the most important list, and put the most important card at the top of the list. This gives me clear direction. And I have access to Trello on my phone or any computer, so I can add cards no matter where I am when i think of something that needs added. I used to keep track of these things using an actual bug tracking software, but it just took too many steps to do the same thing I am doing with Trello. The best thing about Trello, it can be used for so many purposes, so once you get used to the software and create an account, you can easily just create another board for project management, feature requests, and just a plain old to-do list.

Pros

I love how simple it is. We use kanban boards at work through Microsoft TFS, but the complexity kills the mojo a bit. I use Trello as my bug tracker and development pipeline since I am just a single developer working on my projects, and it works perfect for that. Trello follows the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid), I can tell! Just create a board, add a list, and add cards. Very easy, very simple, and very customizable.

Cons

I wish there was a better search feature. When I search for text, I wish it would show me on the board where the result is... maybe when I click the result and scrolls to show me the card, so I can then drag it to another list if I want. Right now the search result show me the card and hide all the others, but by doing that I cant drag to reorder it.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Free is a great price, so that is hard to beat. Overall, it's just the most simple and easy to use kanban style board out there. Asana looks like a great tool as well and has more features, but sometimes less features is best.

Randi from YouthQuake Live

Trello for Volunteer Recruitment

Trello solves the problem of tracking people through various stages of recruitment all while keeping their information & notes neatly contained w/ that individuals card. For us, the benefits are that we can quickly glance at the overall picture and know where everyone is in the process and where we need to focus. It has also helped us w/ our staff in that we can set up cards for everyone w/ their growth plans, family information, and more so as leadership, we can do a better job at connecting w/ people and helping them grow as leaders.

Pros

Trello is a game-changer for our non-profit when it comes to recruiting volunteers. We have a multi-step process including leads, applications, interviews, & acceptance levels. Tracking all of this use to be overwhelming & we definitely let things fall through the crack. Now w/ Trello we can create cards for each individual and let them "travel" through each step/list as they continue through our process. Everything stays w/ the card from their original application, to their picture to other details we may need to follow up on in person. It's truely helped us save time and stress.

Cons

I do think there is a bit of a learning curve as Trello is very different than other task management system I have used and so teaching others has been a bit of a shift but as we have used it (like anything else in life) we have gotten better at teaching it and explaining it. We do wish there was a button that could condense everything down so you could see more of your list at once. We find ourselves scrolling a lot of just having to shrink our screen size down to get an overview. Another option would be if the list size was able to be adjusted as some don't need as much space as is given. But otherwise, we love it and are so happy to have found Trello.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

We mainly choose Trello due to its ability to create a card for an individual and then move them through a process while keeping all their information together.

Handel from Wretched TV

Incredibly useful task planner

Overall since implementing, the entire team has grown in efficiency of task planning. We are getting more accomplished with this program. We are all very happy with its use despite the drawbacks listed.

Pros

The "card" system is innovative and highly efficient. The ability to see all your tasks allows you to prioritize and organize what to accomplish. Overall runs smoothly with a very clean user interface. It is easy to use and requires little to no training. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people, and can be checked off as "completed" by whomever - making tracking and rewards a breeze. The calendar plugin is very helpful. The use of plugins is incredibly useful as well.

Cons

There are several lacking features. There is no ability to set a time-stamp on a project, (how long it will take) outside of using the calendar feature. You cannot assign an approximate time to complete a project. Also there is no messaging function, only "comments". This is very limiting. Also, there is no way to divide cards and tasks under a single person. A single person will only have all their tasks in a big pool, color labels help but do not break it up making it easy to read. When a card is archived, who knows where it goes, it vanishes really. no ability to delete cards.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello stood out with the most cost effective free solution, with a very easy user interface that requires no training. Out of the box was extremely useful.

Yuri from bs group

Trello for efficient project management

With Trello we identified our tasks priority and that helped us to increase productivity.

Pros

Trello helps to organize tasks efficiently. With Trello you can build up multiple boards in order to follow the different tasks deals. With Trello you can distribute your documents with your team. It has well integrated with the google docs which is very useful.

Cons

I wish they could add spellcheck to the software. The storage is limited which makes it hard to work on large projects. Sometimes takes time to upload a file. Also would be really pleased to get availability to work on offline mode as well.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Mobile functionality, in PC deadline reminders, file encryption, etc. Trello offers a lot of functionality and better customer support.

Cory from Freelance Writer

Industry: Writing and Editing

Effective organization through limited options

On an individual level, Trello is a great organization and task-tracking tool. It also works well for content deployment planning, and for smaller team collaboration. It is difficult to scale to larger teams or departments.

Pros

Trello is extremely intuitive and easy to use. The creation and sharing of multiple workspaces also allows for easy communication and interaction with all members of an individual team. The small amount of features (in the free or lower price-tier options) works as a benefit to its ease of use.

Cons

It is not as fully featured as other project and task management options. Depending on your team's specific use case, these limitations may act as barriers for what could be easily achievable using other systems.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

As a more extensive management system, JIRA was less of an out-of-the-box solution than Trello. Adopting Trello allowed for a much swifter transition into task-tracking.

Trello For A Small Marketing Agency

We use Trello for project management at a small advertising/marketing ageny.

Pros

The ease of use - the whole process of making cards and boards is very intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about the software was the lack of creating dependency on other cards - IE if there is a campaign that needs to be set up, but first a graphic designer needs to create a design, there isn't a great way to automate the campaign creation card to be assigned when the designer has completed their card. Trello has checklists, tagging, etc. that can be used to overcome this, but it's not as smooth as it could be.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

We liked that Trello was easy to use and had an intuitive design/UX. We also liked that Trello made it easy to include clients/partners in the board if needed.

Tiffany from The Extra Mile Manager

Industry: Executive Office

Can't live without it!

As a Virtual Assistant, I work with variety different types of businesses and business owners - Trello is customization to everyone's needs. I keep my clients organizes, Trello keeps me organizes. It is 100% customization, which is so important to me. It is the EASIEST organizational tool I have been able to find. It is the external hard drive for my brain, my filing cabinet, my to-do list, notebook and client communicator. It can do it ALL. I tried several systems to keep my business and my clients businesses organized. After I found and learned Trello, I migrated everything over. I utilize it to organize social media designs and posts, track progress on projects, give and receive approvals for documents, track passwords, website URLs, referal codes/links. Personally I organize my rental properties information and history, keep track of my family's medical history, calendars, gift ideas, book recommendations, to-do lists and more. My spouse and I use it to communicate and track long term goals and projects. I utilize it in my volunteer work as well. Keeping notes on individuals, their strengths, contact information, projects they have or are working on. Upcoming events, budgets and ideas for future activities. Trello is my digital purse and my brain's external hard drive!

Pros

It can do it ALL. It is SO customizable. I LOVE being able to copy/paste images into a card and attaching documents. This is a HUGE bonus compared to other programs. It's free version is robust and makes it simple on-board my clients to use it without myself or them paying additional software fees (Although typically they have become hooked and upgrade) The app is as strong as the desk top version. I love not losing functionality when I'm on the go.

Cons

There is a learning curve. You have to give yourself time to understand how it works and create a system that flows with your needs. There are SO many ways to use Trello, that at first glance, it can seem like there are too many options, but give it time, watch a few tutorials, or download some templates and you'll be on your way!

Daniel from Daniel2Design

Trello - how to better organize your live and team

I love Trello and any tool that saves time. Trello helped my team to collaborate effectively and I am fully satisfied with its features. I use it even for personal projects and it helped me to better organize my entire work.

Pros

I have been using Trello for a year. My current status - if it isn't on a Trello board, it doesn't matter! Trello is a great team management tool that considerably streamlines the work within an agency. However, I use it even for personal projects - yeah, I keep track of my fitness stats on Trello. What did I like the most about this software? First of all, the onboarding process is simple even if Trello is a complex tool. I signed up for an account, I spent a few minutes to familiarize with boards and lists, and I started to work with my team. Congrats to the designers that created such a user-friendly interface. Second, Trello is my favorite tool because I can perfectly collaborate with my team. The manager assigns tasks in my list, my colleagues add contributions via cards and I set up the deadline and start working on the project. No more annoying emails, no more useless Skype calls and the work of our team is perfectly synced. Third, Trello helped me to better organize my personal stuff. For instance, a blogger shared his AI Trello board. I save much time by using that board; indeed it was the effort of that person, but Trello allowed sharing his outstanding work. I keep track of my fitness progress with Trello and I developed a solid plan for a new personal project - an AI blog. Wrapping up, everything is simple to organize with Trello.

Cons

Nope. I have tried for almost 10 minutes to remember something that I didn't like about Trello and I don't have any cons.

Matt from Kala

Industry: Printing

More than just virtual sticky notes, a great way to manage To Dos.

I have used Trello for many years for managing projects and To-Dos for IT scrum processes, and I honestly don't know what I would do without it - it really does help keep everything organized and running smoothly.

Pros

We use Trello for managing our software development in a Scrum workflow. We have separate boards for backlog items, current sprint items, and completed items. We utilize the scrum for trello add-on that gives us the ability to add estimates and actual work time spent on each card. This gives us a simple list of items to manage that Trello makes very easy to move around. It is hard to explain exactly how great this makes managing the workflow, but it is all centered around how easy Trello makes it to use their software. You can litterally just click into an item and start typing and then click to drag and drop that item around. The super simple interface that eliminates the need for training on the tool is what is really great about it. Keeping the interface simple and easy to use builds instant adoption from users across the organization. To top it off, the free version of this software is very functional - eventually you will want to purchase for extra features like active directory integration, but it is great that they let you use a very functional feature rich version of the software at no cost for an indefinite amount of time.

Cons

My only complaint, and this is more of a feature request than a complaint is when you have a large number of cards it would be nice to group cards and be able to view or manage cards in a group. Sometimes we have several items that are tied to an epic, and when something changes related to that epic you need to visit and update each card. We keep track of these with careful naming of the cards that includes the epic name, but it would be nice to have a more integrated way of managing these groups of cards.

Matt from Firefly Painting Inc.

Trello is a great way to organize personal and/or business lists/tasks/projects.

Overall we use Trello to track our active project/job status and information and share it with our project manager who is out in the field and uses Trello on his company iPad and mobile phone. It instantly updates on all devices when we make any changes which is great since we attack a work order PDF to each project for our manager to view in the field so he knows what the job entails.

Pros

The basic version of Trello is free to use and it allows you to share your boards with 1 other user. We use a board to track jobs for our small business by making a card for each separate job. I love the simple layout and easy drag and drop option to move a card from one column to the next to track the status (we use columns such as Ready, In-progress, & Complete). The cards show very basic information to keep your Trello board (screen) streamlined and easy to view. Then when you click on a card, you get additional information such as notes, images, documents, etc. You can even type messages back and forth with whoever you share the board with and they will get an alert on their device to know they have a new message. Trello works really great on computer, tablet, and mobile. I use it regularly on each. Also, the ability to make a checklist and be able to check off items once they are complete for each project is awesome.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about it, but I do wish it had a numerical value input option that could be used to calculate a numeric value of all boards in a column (such as hours or dollar amounts). However, there are options to upgrade your Trello subscription either by paying a minimal monthly fee. Sharing Trello with other people and getting them to sign up can also earn you some free upgrades.

Jason from Agilon Health

Great tool for managing team tasks

Overall, I find Trello to be an excellent tool for team collaboration and tracking. Its ability to integrate with other services helps keep the whole team accountable, and ensures that we all have access to the information and resources we need. If you need a free or low cost way of working with teams, you can't do much better than Trello.

Pros

Most of my usage for Trello is in the context of film and writing projects, working with teams of fellow students at UCLA. Beyond that, I've also used it extensively on my own projects working with other teams to create various kinds of content, ranging from writing to the full suite of production responsibilities. What's great about Trello is that you can use it in a variety of ways, with a fairly deep level of granularity. Using their card system, it's easy to define top level projects and then layer in a hierarchy of tasks necessary to achieve those projects. Subtasks can be assigned on an individual basis, and it's easy for team members to communicate their progress in a very simple interface. Trello is also extremely flexible to use in part because of the breadth of its available apps. Whether you're working from Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or even just a web browser on pretty much any OS, you can keep track of your work and progress easily and cleanly. The Android app supports widgets of various kinds, and several third party options further enhance this capability, with prices ranging from free to a few dollars. Last but certainly not least, Trello can integrate with a number of other services, including Slack, Microsoft Teams, Adobe XD (great for artists to track their own work progress!), Skype and bluejeans for meetings, and many more. As with all such services, some integrations are free, others paid, but you have lots of flexibility

Cons

The only real issue I've found with Trello is that when signal is an issue with your mobile device, some of the apps can be a little flaky. Rather than having a local caching mechanism it appears to rely predominantly on the cloud being accessible. This makes sense to a certain extent: by doing so, they reduce the risk of sync conflicts when multiple people update the same tasks. Still, it can be frustrating if you're in a spot where you could get some work done, but your connection is sketchy.

Nigel Masimba from Calmlock Web Design

My Life is Beginning to Revolve Around Trello

Trello helps me plan both personal and business tasks, using a single account. I use it mainly for a simple "to do", "doing", "done" project boards. Additional panels that I have used include a duty roster that stayed mostly static and was moved from user to user depending on Because it's free I get to use it with little worry of being locked out. When I was first introduced to the concept of the kanban board I looked around for alternatives to Trello. Eventually, I returned to Trello because I found it to be the better option. If my work paid more I'd definitely upgrade to the premium tier and enable at least a few of the features I'm currently locked out of!

Pros

Trello is free to use for basic functionality. Integration with third-party applications like Slack greatly improves the experience with Trello You can use Trello for both organising both business and personal tasks ( On separate boards, of course. ) The free tier of Trello allows teams to collaborate on boards. It also allows boards to be set to public, a useful feature when working on a local community project or open source project where there are stakeholders who want to see progress other than the team members. Trello sometimes upgrades your account to the premium level whenever you invite a large number of users. That's a great incentive to get people to use software that they will likely enjoy using. It's an excellent tool when team members are in a distributed work environment, as team members can collaborate without needing to see each other.

Cons

Project web pages sometimes give an ambiguous error message when you try to open them while logged out. I would like to automate some tasks. For example, if there is a card that moves between two panels daily at certain times of the day, I'd like to have it just notify that the due time has been reached, and for me to just approve the reset, instead of open Trello and go and manually reset the card. It's hard to describe exactly what I mean without a visual aid.

One of the few tools that I would recommend to everyone

Overall, Trello has been great for organizing ideas, systemizing processes, and also for collaborating with clients even when we house a project in another PM tool.

Pros

First off, let's talk about how well-built Trello is. Trello runs very smoothly, and quickly, across various platforms. There is no struggle that comes along with using Trello, which is why I recommend it to almost everyone, for any thing imaginable. Furthermore, there is hardly a learning curve. Trello creates lists and cards just as a person would in the "real world," so getting started is a breeze. - Fast. Trello is very fast. - Easy to use and set up. - Very flexible. Trello alone can do a lot, but once you start incorporating the many (MANY) integrations and "power-ups" available, Trello becomes unstoppable. - The mobile app is superb. Everything you can do on the web app, can be done in the mobile app. And again, it is very smooth and seamless betweeen the platforms. - Customizeable. Not only can Trello lists and cards be used to your liking, but you can also customize your background image and add stickers to cards. This makes for a comfortable workspace. - Due dates, assignments, comments, file storage, checklists, etc. The list goes on. Trello has it all. - Trello is FREE. However, if you want to be a power user, you can upgrade to Business Class. Business Class is reasonably priced and definitely worth the upgrade.

Cons

There are few cons with Trello, but there are always cons with everything. So, without further ado: - Linking cards between boards still lacks in simplicity. With business class (the premium Trello membership), you can create board groups. Grouping boards helps with organization, but there is still a clear disconnect between boards. - Simple image editing tools are not available, but would be of great value. You can't even rotate an uploaded image that is sideways... that's unfortunate.

Katie from Save the Storks

Perfect for Project Management

Trello has really helped my company keep projects and design requests organized. We are able to connect directly with our graphic designer and collaborate with team members even when we aren't in the office. It's been simple for new users to learn so we don't have to take extra time out of our schedules to train and learn. It also helps with the communication throughout our design team and revising designs and projects as we go.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this software. Everything stays organized on individual cards and can be sorted into different boards. It helps our different teams and graphic designer keep track of different projects and the progress of each one. Unless purposely deleted, everything stays put. I've been able to scroll back through different projects over 2+ years and find exactly what I'm looking for. The search option is amazing. If I'm looking for a project but can't remember exactly what the project was titled, I can do the keyword search. So if I'm looking for a specific shirt design, I can put in keywords that I know were used for that project, and get a list of projects with that keyword. Simple, but so helpful. Trello is so easy to use! It only took me a few minutes to get the hang of it and I felt like a pro right away. So many of my coworkers find it incredibly easy to use as well. Because of this, it helps save us time training people and taking away fro other projects they are involved in.

Cons

After approximately 2 years of use, I cannot find any negatives to this software. Sometimes it is overwhelming having multiple projects going at once and having so many notifications to sort through, but that isn't a negative of the software itself- just a reflection of how busy things can get!

Displaying 1 - 50 of 15,316 reviews