All Adobe Workfront Reviews

Jeffrey

Consumer Goods, 201 - 500 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Great project management for creative and marketing departments

Sophie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Very satisfactory. Can’t imagine another product meeting the needs of our org with so many workflows and such complex data needs. Incredible customer service and training resources. Incredibly helpful annual conference for users and potential buyers.

PROS

Workfront is a fantastic, adaptable project and resource management system. If you have diverse needs across your org or company, it is the product for you. It can be fully adapted to very disparate teams. I find new features and functionality every day.

CONS

Because it’s so able-to-be-tailored, a high-quality implementation can take a looong time, but their implementation services are fantastic

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

Instead of Mavenlink- Very flexible on license structuring and pricing, more integrations Instead of Wrike- we needed something more complex, but Wrike is great if you don’t

Shayla

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Workfront simplifies project and job routing

I use Workfront on a daily basis, for the better part of each day. When I submit proofs to clients, they have the option to read the proof, make any comments or suggestions they have, or decide whether or not the proof should be authorized. The tools that are located at the top of the page may be used by the customer with ease to highlight or point to what they want altered.

PROS

I enjoy that the dashboard makes it simple to view the tasks on which I have been tasked to work as well as the due dates for those projects. I am able to view the approvals that are waiting, as well as my to-do list, which helps me keep my job on track.

CONS

The calendar function on their website is not to my liking. It does not function very well, and it makes it tough to view your projects within a monthly timeline, which is something that is incredibly crucial for a content team to achieve.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

The capacity to inspect each project, as well as examine time sheets for staff members and conveniently track time spent on different projects. The ease with which one may connect with customers, sales representatives, and those working in graphics is the most significant advantage. It helps job life run easier.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

It's worth a look, but missing a few key features for myself

PROS

I used to think Workfront was terrible, until I tried other enterprise level project management software. I'm not saying it's the best, far from it, but I think you start to appreciate it more after you realize what a herculean task it is to track everything. It does a decent job of letting you know what you're responsible for, with helpful email notifications so you don't need to always be in the tool. And once you get those notifications it's easy to respond directly in email or link to the project/task at hand and respond or make changes there. The really killer feature is the proofing tool, which despite some grumbling is one of the best out there. It allows commenting and markups of all types and allows you to do so in context. It also does versioning of the proofs, which is super helpful to go back to to remember what was marked up prior or changed. All in all it gets the job done but it's not particularly a pleasure to use, other than the proofing tool.

CONS

Not the most user friendly or aesthetic. The dashboard could use some better UX. I tried out a beta of the new dashboard and that was even worse, glad they didn't roll it out. The one big negative is the lack of a proper calendar module. I heard that one exists but for version my company uses, we don't have anything remotely resembling a calendar view. This is so helpful to me to get a view of milestones and deadlines coming up, without having to do the mental gymnastics of looking at a list view of tasks and figuring out what my priorities are. While the proofing tool is amazing (see pros) it does have a couple of missing features. One is the ability to mark comments as completed or resolved without having to do a response, and the only is to somehow create a linear history and relationship of the markups through the versioning system, so you see the evolution of them. Also, the whole idea of creating percentages done of a task seems so arbitrary to me. Even my company doesn't take much stock in it. We basically leave things at 0% until we absolutely need to mark things as 100% complete in order to not risk being at risk or to move on to the next task that's dependent on the prior one.

Kelly

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Adobe Workfront for Projects

PROS

I like that you can comment within the platform for others to review or comment.

CONS

Lack of visibility when seeing who the individual is needed for the next approval versus just the department.

Jessica

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2022

We are able to stay organized thanks to Workfront

Adobe Workfront has done a fantastic job of making the product adaptable to every user level. Tracking and reporting tools can be added by power users, who can monitor any or all parts of a project. Most of these alternatives aren't used by my department, but if and when we do, they're already there for us.

PROS

Due to the fact that my business is operated remotely, I am always up to date. After the epidemic, this product has given me the courage to continue forward. For me, kanban boards and task management are of the utmost importance. The kanban board provided by Adobe workfront allows us to build up tasks or user stories and then divide them into BI-weekly or BI-monthly sprints.

CONS

I'd like to see a better explanation for why mistakes are made, but that's about it. As far as I know, there are no clues as to why a date or a field isn't being updated or cannot be created. In most cases, the problem can be solved with a little bit of troubleshooting.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

The UI is quite well-designed. Reviewing proofs and seeing other team members' comments is simple. However, other members of the team are using it actively and tagging me as appropriate.

Becky

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Manage many projects from one place with Workfront

Given that the majority of our department's employees work from home, having a centralized hub where everyone's current and completed projects are accessible is invaluable.

PROS

The ability to delegate work and track progress without micromanaging is a huge time saver for me when managing large projects or initiatives. I can attest to the usefulness of a request queue; it has allowed my team to better manage incoming job requests and distribute resources accordingly.

CONS

The complexity of Workfront's user interface and processes can make it difficult to implement efficiently. The high price tag comes with little opportunities for personalization.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

This helps me organize the project and stay on top of my due dates. Gantt charts show me the state of each task, and I can use those to compile reports and analyze the data.

Stefanie

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Vital integration into my company

I am able to stay in the know with my remotely run company. This product has given me the confidence to move forth after the mess and stress of the pandemic.

PROS

I truly enjoyed the fact that this product gave us hope to continue functioning 100% while still having to work remotely. This has enabled us as a whole to still build clientele all while staying on the same page with all employees with task management.

CONS

I really have nothing really negative to say. I guess this is just a product that is only as successful for you as what you put into it. Meaning it can be as simplistic and as basic as you want it to but it also can be really in depth and intricate as well. You get what you give.

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

I really enjoyed the reviews and how my experience was pretty much exactly as other reviewers described.

Zanele

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Super Happy with Adobe Workfront

Very happy as it provides real time information which keeps me up to speed with all my work.

PROS

It Has helpful proofing system, numerous integrations and super reporting capabilities, which allows users to work with ease.

CONS

Learning how it works can take a bit of time and can be bit confusing on how to perform some of the actions on the software.

Sai

Internet, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Enables efficiency and productivity

The experience has been incredible for powering projects efficiently

PROS

Adobe Workfront is a great platform for increasing collaboration, planning projects, and execute programs in a timely manner. It is a great tool for enterprise clients. AI powered workflows are a game changer.

CONS

The platform and all the services can be pricey.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

Recommendation from partners and other users

Banking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

A Valuable tool

PROS

Really helped with collaboration and workflow management.

CONS

Our experience has been hugely positive to date

Erica

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great Software

PROS

Ease of use and tracking for our teams needs

CONS

Crashes sometimes and you have to restart your computer

Mohammad

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Adobe Workfront is your project management turn-key assistant.

One of the best known applications available worldwide in the market.

PROS

It is a combination of people working for you. The features are great and simple to learn and teach to others.

CONS

Can't find a mistake in this software. Its great.

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

Support for Adobe is much better, more features.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

The support is much better by Adobe.

Sara

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

PMO take on Workfront

I am a champion of Workfront for my company, although I am a SME/admin and not responsible for the day to day Workfront use, it was a great experience begin involved in the implementation and owning one of the workstreams. Workfront lets you become a SME and get to know the system so easily, without constantly changing it (or providing straight forward changes that do not interrupt your day to day work.

PROS

Going from using four different platforms to manage the intake, planning and execution of projects (ServiceNow, excel, Smartsheet and Microsoft Project) down to 1 single platform has been a life saver for the teams that I am on for my company. We were able to train our submitters on one system, built our own workflows, and then turned around and trained our PM's on the same system. One Pro I love is that we can make changes and enhancements on the drop of a hat (well, with planning and thought ahead of time), versus ServiceNow, where it took us 2-3 minutes to simply change a field name. I also enjoy the time and attention that Workfront has given to my company, they listen well and problem solve along side us, not just for us,

CONS

We are still in the Legacy Resource Planner because we have set up our job roles for each team, so the legacy system lets us set capacity estimates when planning projects (for example, Our Integration team is all under Integration job role, but we allocated 10% of their time in our resource planner towards discretionary projects, which allows us to better plan and prioritize this huge bucket of work). There is no way for us to set capacity %'s for job roles in the new system, without creating new job roles.

Shimelis

Writing and Editing, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

My experience with Adobe Workfront has been excellent. The platform offers strong tools for project

i solve different problem easly like related with my work

PROS

Scalability is one of Adobe Workfront's finest features. It is made to easily adapt to changes in your business and to be able to support teams of any size and complexity. This makes it ideal for teams that develop and change over time. The software includes a ton of features that make it simple to manage and keep track of tasks and is highly user-friendly. It also features a strong reporting system that can assist you in finding areas that need development right away. Last but not least, Adobe Workfront provides top-notch customer service and a skilled support staff that can assist you if you ever need it.

CONS

The absence of customization possibilities in Adobe Workfront is its main drawback. Despite the platform's wide range of functionality, it might be challenging to tailor the program to match certain requirements. Some firms may find the expense of the program to be prohibitive. Users may find the user interface to be perplexing and illogical, which makes it challenging for them to quickly learn and comprehend the product.

Reviewed May 2019

Big Fan

I started as a planner and then got promoted to a Marketing Project Manager and became the System Admin. Over time I've noticed people staying on track of their assignments better and knowing overall deadlines. Also all communication for the project lives in one place for everyone on the project, so you don't have to be worried about falling out of the loop via emails like before. User adoption is up thanks to great boot camp training for me as a system admin.

PROS

I really like the organizational elements. Building templates takes a lot of time, but once they're built, it makes it easy for bulk editing and converting requests into projects. When it was first implemented, the company wasn't on board outside of the Marketing department. After attending Admin Boot Camp, I created a staff training program and now user adoption is much higher. I especially love the legacy of projects. You can refer to previous years for recurring events/projects. Your support team is very nice and professional. Lately your team has offered calls after submitting tickets which I greatly appreciate it. It makes it much clearer on both ends. Also love that all documents, updates, etc. live in one place and not in dozens of offline emails!

CONS

The new Home isn't fantastic. There are still a lot of limitations, so the number of clicks are still the same as the legacy version. For example, if they want to refer to a document in the task, they have to click into the task. Also, there's difficulty in seeing all updates made in the task so if you need to reply to a thread, you can't do it. At least our users can't.

Rabie

Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Workfront lets you manage numerous projects from a single location

Our department has a large number of remote workers, so having a central hub where all of the ongoing and finished projects are accessible is invaluable.

PROS

Scalability is one of Adobe Workfront's best features. It is made to easily adapt to changes in your business and to be able to support teams of any size and complexity. This makes it ideal for teams that develop and change over time. The software has a ton of features that make it simple to manage and keep track of projects and is incredibly user-friendly. It also has a strong reporting system that can assist you in finding areas that need improvement right away. Last but not least, Adobe Workfront has top-notch customer service and a skilled support staff that can assist you if you ever need it.

CONS

I don't particularly enjoy a few aspects of Adobe Workfront. First of all, some users may find the pricing model difficult to understand, especially if they are unfamiliar with project management software. The platform provides a wide range of features, but some of them might be redundant or unnecessary for particular teams or businesses. Adobe Workfront may also have some restrictions in terms of user adoption and software integrations given that it is a relatively new platform.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2018

I was hesitant, but I'm a believer

I'll admit... they sort of had to drag me kicking and screaming into using Workfront. I feared that it was going to be one of those things where it took more time to document/track what you're doing than it took to actually do it. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case. We've found a good balance between tracking things and not having to "feed the beast" all the time.

PROS

Workfront is quite versatile for tracking projects and larger workflows. We use it for individual projects, ongoing work efforts, and even tracking ideas for future development. Other areas of our business use it as a request queue as well, which helps us to put in requests with our communication team and even log suggestions for office improvements. A decent (but not mindblowing) reporting suite with text and simple graphic output helps share status updates.

CONS

The reporting suite could allow for a bit more freedom; it feels slightly stilted when trying to use it. I also was not a fan of the option to have the software tell you that you're on track or behind. I prefer to assign the status myself as I'm involved with the project more intimately and have more of the big picture. Fortunately that's easily changeable in the project settings. The real cons are honestly self-induced. The temptation is there to track all the minutiae of every little bit of the project. And you certainly can... but it ends up being counterproductive as you spend more time updating than doing. Keep your items lofty and you'll avoid that trap.

Claire

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Workfront Helps Your Team Manage Projects

Overall, I think Workfront has helped our team manage multiple projects in an effective way. With this tool, we have been able to launch campaigns and assignments efficiently and it has helped us stay on track with getting tasks completed in a timely manner.

PROS

Workfront has helped our team organize projects in a functional way. It allows you to group similar tasks and assign subtasks to members of your team with due dates, hours for completion, etc. Workfront also includes a built in calendar that integrates with your tasks, so if you're off on PTO or a holiday, task due dates automatically update to work around your schedule.

CONS

Workfront can be counter intuitive sometimes when it comes to time management. There are a few functionality issues that I think could be updated to better serve its users. One example of this is having to click a button to say you're working on the project, rather than just clicking once to say you've completed the project. The interface design could also be updated to be a little more user-friendly and visually appealing.

Company-wide decision.