(3,851)

3,851

(1,554)

1,554

• Pros

• "Works every single time. Great sound quality and very clear video. Love the ease of use. "

• "This software is great, it works consistently, is easy for my clients to use and provides many great features "

• "Easy to use and additional functionalities are really helpful "

• Cons

• "The backgrounds are fun, but actually a bit scary for little children (anything not close enough to the camera is faded out - sometime that includes people or body parts."

• "There are not many bad things to say, just note that in some seminars some inconvenience can occur as it shows a repetition and you do not know if you are in a live session."

• "There are a few worries over the protection of late, which is disrupting. I'm uncertain it's as extraordinary of an apparatus for online courses, yet it's decent for bigger organization gatherings."

Browse Zoom Reviews

Adam from Consult and Design

Best quality video conference we have used

We use Zoom for all our internal and external conferencing requirements, so we no longer need a seperate video and call conferencing. Our overall experience in this regard has been excellent and a very positive change.

Pros

Zoom has excellent features and integrations making it easy to use and provides options for those using multiple different devices, as well as the good old-fashioned telephone. We love it, but the best thing about Zoom is the reliability and quality of the video. Compared to other systems we have used, it is very reliable, even on low bandwidth.

Cons

The biggest issue with Zoom is that you have to pay extra for the webinar functionality - however this is substantial features and given webinars can be income generating I suppose it is understandable.

Imi from NDT and Associate

Zoom is still good but has become a little bit more difficult to execute on task

There is not much to say. I simply say this - a few years ago people used to "skype" today it is only "Zoom"

Pros

Secured calling via zoom, password is set and has to be shared to guest. Participants will need to be allowed into meeting. This has raised the bar for this long standing winner. The app is simple to use - my staff gets it within minutes! It is a clear winner for video conferencing going forward. Having zoom on premise is ideal for my organization, this is one point that I see as a big plus for my organization with employees throughout many location. We are not bothered much by Internet bandwidth because of our local enterprise implementation.

Cons

As security concerns grows, the developers responded and administration and hosting functionalities became a bit more involved, sometime a bit annoying when you are looking for a function that once exist, but disappeared over the last few weeks because a security update.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Cost, Ease of use Support for low bandwidth location.

Kristin from Willamette Dental Group

Zoom Meetings and Chat Review

We've used many different software programs to deliver our monthly webinar content and Zoom has proven to be the best program yet. It's ease of use and interactive functions are far beyond what we've used in the past and it allows us to successfully connect to our management teams monthly to deliver timely updates.

Pros

Zoom has been a great resource for our team when delivering our monthly webinars to our management teams. With over 50 people on each call, Zoom allows us to manage the groups audio and video components, display polls and whiteboards for interaction and monitor the chat box when questions arise. It's intuitive when new employees access webinars or other calls and usually they have no problem connecting and interacting during the sessions. It's been better than other meeting softwares we've used in the past and the interaction functionality has proved to increase audience engagement.

Cons

There are times that the connectivity lags but we never know if it's the software or our own connectivity issues. We do find that it does freeze resulting in some content being shared to be missed or audience members are behind.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Cost and interactivity functions.

Ahmet Fatih from TUBITAK

No Latency Video Meeting with Robust Infrastructure

We switched to Zoom recently and it has been serving very well. All our colleagues can easily meet online while they are doing their job at home. It was really easy to implement and deploy on our environment.

Pros

Zoom have lots of useful features compared to its competitors in the market. I will not mention about the main features such as video&audio meeting. The features that i liked most are: - No latency problem, it works perfectly fast even with huge load due to coronavirus lockdown period. - Reasonable bandwith consumption with a lot of participants. - Easy to manage groups and members as a company admin. - Annotation on presentation or on blank screen allows people to disscuss on the subject material. - Public and private chat during a meeting. - Easy file sharing. - Virtual background without blue curtain is useful. - Mobile platform application availability. The mobile app offers wide functionality almost same as desktop. - Various options of joining a meeting.

Cons

I am glad to use Zoom in this hard times. I do not have any bad experiences.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

It was recommended to us by other departmens in the company.

Marilyn from Asia Pacific Career Development Association

Great Online Meetings, Great Price

The Chatbox provides a valuable written transcript of the comments. We also use the chatbox for Board voting so we know if there are differences of opinion that need to be discussed. Recording is easy, so we can review the discussion or allow people who missed the meeting to view it. We love the new Breakout Rooms, and Polls are great for maintaining interest.

Pros

We just pay for a simple "Pro" plan, but it allows our association to do what we need to do. Our webinars never have over 100 present, so the low-level plan is fine for us. All of our meetings are international, and we are really impressed with the global performance. We recently used a technician in Azerbaijan to display slides for presenters in India, Australia, and Canada and the presentation was seamless. We use "Gallery Mode" when meetings are small enough not to exceed bandwidth. But for more than 8, we need to turn off videos and use Speaker View. We are delighted that attendees can share their screen if they want to, and the delay is minimal. Controlling the videos and microphones of attendees is easy.

Cons

It takes time to learn to navigate the new features. It is time well-invested, because the new features are very helpful.

Jennifer from Nordstrom

Zoom has allowed us to continue holding our meetings

I've been utilizing Zoom to talk and meet with my collaborators while we're isolated gathering. With the current pandemic, Zoom has become a practically day by day program that I abuse for both work gatherings and virtual meetups with companions. I truly like how you'll have various clients on straightforwardly. I'm prepared to speak with various video calls. I abuse them for chapel meeting week by week and that they are incredible.

Pros

I am exceptionally happy with this product so far. I abuse it for a course that I'm taking, additionally on meeting with clients. The experience is magnificent. I'm hearing impeded and that I am marking to everyone on Zoom video meetings. With Zoom, we will video visit with them likewise as screen share, it's helped us continue pushing ahead through the franticness.

Cons

It can get mistaking for some clients legitimately with talking and commotion. Regularly need to have clients quiet for better solid quality. fixing a substitution meeting on the iPad took a touch you-tubing, yet after we made sense of it, it had been simple.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

I found it a simpler alternative to use than several others we had in mind. Our team can use it without the need for a long learning process.

Nikola from Nation Farm

Industry: Chemicals

Fun way to remote working

We started with free option at the beginning which allows 100 participant per meeting. The number of participants in a meeting is mostly less than 100 for our company. However, free option limits meeting period time to 40 minute. You need to restart the meeting every 40 minute. Therefore, after testing it for a week, we subscribed to Zoom. Overall, I am happy we chose Zoom for online meetings. In specific, online meeting tools becomes essential during these lockdown period and Zoom proved itself to us with its features and performance.

Pros

Zoom offers various useful features and as a medium sized company we benefit from most of these features. Before the lockdown period our teams were using Zoom for video meetings. They were doing product presentations to customers remotely. Nowadays, because of the lockdown, we all are using Zoom on daily basis. Video meetings are reliable, connection speeds are fast and there is almost no latency at all. Bandwith usage is also less when compared to previous tool we used. -Collaborative annotation feature is the most used feature amongst others for our company. -Zoom also allows to connect on mobile devices and share the screen on your mobile phone as well. -Instant messaging is good as it allows both public messaging and private messaging between participants. -File sharing is easy and fast. -Virtual background feature is fruitful even without a green screen when you are not sitting in an untidy environment and also virtual backgrounds makes meetings funnier. -Lastly, Zoom allows various ways to join a meeting. Direct landline calling option is splendid. As an admin of the tool, I can say that user management is also easy.

Cons

They can improve their virtual background library. Everybody loved virtual background feature, but it needs wider collection. Also image processing algorithm can be improved, as it sometimes filtering the person instead of the background.

Kerry from Deseret News

Industry: Newspapers

Steeper Learning Curve than Hangouts, But Better Results

The quality of your meetings is much better than most videoconferencing platforms, so if it's a little less intuitive, it's probably still worth it. And the free tier is still great as long as your meetings are 40 minutes long or less.

Pros

The reason most people switch to Zoom instead of Google Hangouts is because the sounds and video quality is just better and more stable. But one of the additional features I like the most is that you can mute and unmute yourself using the spacebar! It's so much nicer than having to use your mouse to click each time. They've also got great settings that allow you to choose whether to have people join the meeting before you or not, and whether cameras and mics are turned on by default or not.

Cons

Zoom is kinda technical for new users. There are a LOT of settings, and you can't just copy and paste links to people as easily as with Google Hangouts. It is particularly tricky if you want to try to have the same video link span across different meetings in your Google calendar (like back-to-back meetings with different people, but without you leaving the meeting and coming back). People seem to figure it out, though, so as long as you're willing to invest some time getting used to it you should be fine.

Jeff from Canopy

Best software we found for sharing attendant's screens

We have utilized it a lot and been very pleased. The price is reasonable and it accomplishes it's business objective.

Pros

We chose this specifically because of it's ease to have a meeting attendee (not the organizer) share their screen. We do software walkthroughs, and zoom is the least painful screen sharing software we found.

Cons

There are some clunky things about it. Particularly if you are doing a meeting on the fly. Inviting from a meeting you just started is a bit of a chore, and it always defaults to try to read through your address book, which feels arbitrary.

Steven from Playlister

The remote working enabler

We used Zoom for about 6 months before moving our team to fully remote. Having an easy, performant, and rich communications client, such as we have found with Zoom, enabled this transition to be as straightforward and disruption-free as possible.

Pros

With Zoom, you're able to have persistent rooms for scheduled meetings as well as the ability to spin up ad-hoc meetings for quick catchups. The social affordances of these two meeting types are somehow maintained and communication feels as natural as face to face. Very little and infrequent lag or jitter and the different presenter views and sharing options seem to cover all needs.

Cons

I do like the emoticons and stamps on shared screens as a way to feel involved and seek feedback, however this can become a bit excessive. A quick and easy way for the host of the call to remove or turn off stamps would be appreciated. Alternatively, perhaps making stamps much shorter lived would alleviate this issue.

Virtual Training made Easy

Overall Zoom has been a great product we use everyday for training classes. Our trainers have really mastered how to use the virtual platform through zoom and the break out groups function really sets it apart form other virtual platforms in my mind. We will continue to use it and look forward to more features on it in the future.

Pros

We love the breakout rooms feature. Breakout room allows you to set up individual rooms for a group of people to discuss and chat and not be int he main room. This helps with breakout activities and other meetings that happen simultaneously. The instructor moderates the rooms by communicating via chat and can even pop in and out of rooms. Its a game changing feature that a lot of other competitors do not have.

Cons

I don't like how you have to pay for a large group meeting. We pay an extra $20 a month on top of our annual subscription to allow one license to accommodate a large meeting of 200 people or more. i fell as if this should be included in our annual price.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

it had the features we needed.

Chad from PADNOS

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Standard for large group meetings

Zoom continues to be our go-to solution for Large group meetings (over 9 participants) and nearly all meetings with external participants. We often will use MS Teams for smaller meetings but we allows our users to chose based on personal preference.

Pros

I have used all of the video conferencing options on the Market and Zoom is the easiest to use while providing a consistent and stable experience for all.

Cons

The only feature that I see lacking in Zoom is the same tight integration with the Microsoft Stack that Teams has. With that said, it still integrates nicely with Outlook so it's easy to schedule meetings.

Powerful video conferencing software

If you can ensure that your conversational partner(s) know how to use the software in a professional way (headphones, how to cut out background noise, lighting etc) then this is a great tool for running meetings and collaborative projects. It can also be used for preparing videos for training purposes or to share on social media.

Pros

I love that I can run virtually my whole business via Zoom and have been doing for a number of years now. During the Corona Lockdown I've been running Scout meetings using the platform too The software is intuitive enough to use that my elderly parents are able to use it (we are in different countries) so we are able to celebrate family events online with 3 generations of the family together. It's uncomplicated and reliable, and as long as you use it sensibly (as with any other software) it's also secure.

Cons

The calendar scheduling is probably one of the weaker points, or at least less intuitive - I add first to my usual calendar and then invite participants from there which adds an additional step but is more reliable.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom is the most intuitive and reliable user experience

Robust and dependable conferencing platform for remote working

I usually conduct site inspections by going to the site, but due to the limitations arisen as a result of the pandemic I have to conduct these meetings and inspections virtually. The picture quality is top-notch and there is no lag especially in video. With a good internet connection, there is literally nothing we can't do as a remote team. Previously we were deploying Zoom as a conferencing tool for only international conferencing, or limited requirements, however now we are utilizing it for all of our meetings, video conferences and audio calls on a daily basis.

Pros

Zoom is one of the many software available for video conferencing, audio meetings as well as remote seminars. However one aspect where Zoom clearly is better than its counterparts is 'quality'. The connectivity for meetings initiated through Zoom is amazing, and so is the audio-video quality. I have tried several other applications including Teams and Meet, but Zoom provides a better experience. It is easy to share the screen, and present slides etc. seamlessly whilst delivering to a wide audience. There is also an option to record- that is quite useful if team members are unavailable to attend.

Cons

Integration was fairly quick and simple. However I feel that the app could be improved, as it is not as robust as using the software on the computer. Also, I would like the option of just joining through the web and not have to download the app. I tried this the first time, but couldn't join the meeting as a result of this confusion.

Do You Zoom?

The software has been essential to our business. We use the video and audio connection, the screen sharing, the white board, and the chat functions.

Pros

Who does not Zoom these days? Since COVID-19 quarantining and social distancing has kicked in, Zoom has been indispensable. I like the ease of use, the screen share functions, the quality, and the recent upgrade. UPGRADE: Being able to hold a zoom meeting or class for more that 40 minutes is essential for flow and productivity.

Cons

I have been less than impressed with the customer service. I know they must be overloaded since COVID-19 entered the scene, but I am frustrated with the loose ends of the customer service department. The wait time for a service rep to get back to you is upwards of two to three days. As a paying customer who has NO access to her zoom room, I believe I am being beyond patient with Zoom. I presently use my business partner's Zoom room unless she is in there first. Then I use a "free room" and deal with the 40 minute time limit for 3 or more students in my classroom.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

I was most familiar with Zoom. I own a tutoring center and I am a trainer for an International Health and Wellness Company. I have used the Zoom platform for years in my capacity as a trainer. When I needed to make the decision for an online classroom for my tutoring center, I naturally gravitated towards Zoom. I had many parents and friends who offered advice (unsolicited). In spite of contrary advice, I went with Zoom. Now, if they would just call me back and resolve my account issue, I would be much happier!

Doesn't deserve the bad press

Our organization is able to work around the world, thanks to Zoom. We couldn't do our jobs without it. Videoconferencing isn't a perfect replacement for in-person communication, but it's a lot better than just email or text. And lots of people are using it for non-business purposes these days and experiencing the benefits of video calls to replace social engagements, or just to facilitate conversations with people who are far away. The negative press is really unfortunate, because it's not the platform's fault - but the fault of malicious people using it in unintended ways. If Zoom wasn't so successful, it wouldn't be getting attention from people with evil intentions. We'll still use Zoom long after this has blown over, and are thankful for how it enables us to work efficiently even with a distributed team.

Pros

Zoom has gotten a lot of negative press lately, but it's only a victim of its own success. The platform is deserving of its reputation as the go-to videoconferencing software for business, and even personal use these days. It does exactly what its supposed to: handle great video meetings, with a simple built-in chat feature to enable communication between those on the call. It's no-frills approach makes it easy to focus on what you're there for - the other people on the call and facilitating information exchange between them.

Cons

The chat feature could be better in ways, for example you can't transfer files or react to messages, and when you have a lot of people on a call using the chat heavily, it can get overwhelming. But it works for what it is. You're supposed to be talking to people on video, not typing to them. Some features could be expanded, like more offerings for virtual backgrounds, but these aren't essential features. Zoom gets it right where it counts - handling video and audio super well even on calls with hundreds of people on them.

Suzana from Marshall's Catering

Modern Meetings Made Easy!

Overall, Zoom Meetings & Chat has become a great way to get work done in a simple manner. Everyone is online now, and in person conferences are outdated. Whether you're working from home, remotely, or need several members in different states to jump on a conference, and watch your screen for training purposes, I would recommend it. Overall it is pretty easy to use, but I would definitely RUN A TEST MEETING FIRST with at least one other person so you can guide colleagues accessing it for the first time. I have used other video meetings, and Zoom has worked seamlessly for me. Of course you don't need to use it just for business, my son's classroom uses it, as well as you can chat with family members, change backgrounds for fun interaction too. I will likely continue to use Zoom Meetings & Chat for a long while.

Pros

This is a great time to use modern software like Zoom Meetings & Chat for video conference and meetings. I will try to go over all the features which I believe makes this software customizable. You can use it either through a desktop, ipad or tablet, as well as your cell phone. The cellphone or other tablets may have limited features though. The thing I like the most about Zoom is being able to schedule several meeting, invite individual members to the meeting, either through a meeting ID number and password (optional) or a specific URL as an easy access link. I believe all invited need to have the software downloaded AND create a login. For training purposes, you can easily show your screen to your meeting members, so if they have a hard time accessing or understanding the information given to them, you can show them step by step. The host can also screen record the meeting to share with someone that wasn't available to attend the meeting. The host is the only one who can all members at once and individually mute/unmute. Everyone has the option of seeing a gallery of members on one screen or one person at a time (generally whoever is speaking). Lastly, there is a chat option included, but if you're on a tablet or phone you can't access the chat and see members at the same time. The chat is good to share links or information shared that you want members to access. Sorry about the list but they really have SO MANY OPTIONS.

Cons

The host MUST have a strong internet capability otherwise there may be some lagging so keep that in mind. Also, members that are accessing the meeting over a phone or tablet may have a limited amount of features, so I highly recommend a desktop (with camera) and hard internet wired for a more professional approach. I do believe they have currently waived the 40 minute max for meetings, but generally, I think you have to pay extra to have meetings longer than 40 minutes. This is not usually a problem, unless you have a very long meeting. Meeting Security/Safety is another issue. I would HIGHLY suggest not sharing URL links online. ONLY SHARE URLS OR MEETING IDS DIRECTLY WITH WHO YOU WANT TO ATTEND, AND HAVE IT PASSWORD PROTECTED. If your meeting isn't password protected, it may be likely that anyone could access your meeting. The last thing you want is a stranger jumping into your meeting and roaming free on what they say or show. There are people like that out there, so save yourself the trouble.

Madeleine from Fluent City

Surprisingly Good For Distance Learning

Right now, my company is moving all language classes to Zoom for the foreseeable future until further notice, in order to commit to social distancing during the coronavirus crisis within the Washington, D.C., and New York City metropolitan regions. Although we are still within the first two weeks of transition, it has been a smooth one overall and both teachers and students (as well as company administrators) seem pleased enough in spite of the vast differences between virtual learning and in-person classes.

Pros

There are *so* many features that are amazingly effective for language learning in a virtual classroom. Besides the expected (and helpful) virtual whiteboard and screen sharing available to both me as the teacher and other users as students, there are also Breakout Rooms. This is essential for learning any foreign language; the Breakout Rooms simulate partnered or smaller group activities that are necessary for practicing the target language in context with another learner. These allow students to speak one-on-one (or in small groups) with each other for a brief exercise before returning to the Main Room of the video chat. The teacher can also check in on each of the private Breakout Rooms to make sure everything is running smoothly, and if a student requires immediate help, there is another button within a Breakout Room to let the teacher know. Lastly, one feature that I have not found in other video chat software such as Skype or Google Hangouts is the virtual hand-raising button. This prevents users from speaking over each other, and the host/teacher can immediately tell which student would like to ask a question.

Cons

I think almost everything could potentially be improved... It is always harder to conduct a meeting virtually than in real life, especially when that meeting is a *language lesson.* It is the first stages, however, so I and my students will have to adapt over the next few weeks. That said, I am a little frustrated that the host/teacher cannot share a screen view or a whiteboard during the Breakout Rooms. This forces students to share their own screens with each other, and/or have other apps open at the same time. I would like for them to be able to access my lesson slides during their small group/partnered activities, but this doesn't seem to be possible yet with Zoom.

Uelinton from The99

Our efficiency increased with Zoom

We use Zoom daily for meetings with many participants. The recording feature is very helpful and, provide us with an opportunity to replicate knowledge and to record important meetings.

Pros

Ease of use and quality of video / audio transmission. There is integration available in Zapier, which is very useful to integrate the booking of meetings with, for example, Google Calendar.

Cons

Smartphone version interface. Lack of integration to deliver video recordings directly to, for example, Youtube.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

The limitation of the participants is acceptable, the quality of the audio / video transmission is very good and the recording feature is very useful.

Derek from National Geographic Partners

Zoom beats rivals with better video quality and individual preferences

We have remote team members all over the World and we have a standup everyday. Using good video really does make the personal connection stronger and the team works better with a stronger human bond. The Slack integration is great. On a whim, we can go from chatting to Zoom by using "/zoom" in the Slack channel. This takes an issue from email, tickets, and chatting to a shared video conference where we can share screens and see what people are looking at and get resolutions faster.

Pros

This software is so easy to setup and use. Everything seems really well thought-out. The scheduled meetings give you easy calendar integrations for invitees. It provides a direct link to the meeting URL and all the phone numbers for dial-in. The preferences are easy to understand and provide way more than GoToMeeting, Cisco WebEx and BlueJeans. Meeting recordings locally or to the cloud are super helpful for group tutorials that you want to save or share. Multiple people can share their screen at the same time and you can request control of the remote shared screen. Very helpful with troubleshooting. You can change sound and video outputs straight from the software. Zoom is the best video conference software I have ever used.

Cons

In sharing mode, the controls are stripped down and do not have text on the icons, so it can be difficult to know what they do. This goes away when you use the software every day and learn what the icons do, but this learning curve is steeper than it needs to be. The chat design it decent and doesn't cover the shared screen, like bluejeans does. However, it is just a simple chat and there could be more integrations here. We just resort to using Slack during the meeting to share links, etc. The chat is a bit hidden and not well integrated into the design.

Melody from Renewal Christian Counseling Inc

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for collaborative meetings where participants are in different locations, easy to use

For a period of time, I solely worked from home because I had young children. Zoom was a game changer for me! I was able to be present for staff meetings, have regular meetings with my boss(es) to discuss tasks & meet with other staff when needed to coordinate projects or train others. It was instrumental in allowing me to work from home and still stay connected to the team and on the right path with my tasks!

Pros

This is an amazing tool that allows you to collaborate and connect with others easily, and you have the convenience of being able to do so from all different locations. In terms of features, one of my personal favorites is to be able to share a screen with the other participants. It's been a great support to be able to use a visual in meetings in addition to the verbal discussion. I also love that I can hit the downsize button on the Zoom screen and it will become a small icon on the screen that still streams the video and allows me to see who is talking, but it frees up my screen to multitask. Zoom is also flexible - meetings can be scheduled in advance or on the fly and shared with others. It's easy to share the meeting with others, and the program itself is easy to use! There is minimal set-up required to get Zoom functioning on your computer and that only needs to be done once. most impactful features, easy to use? integration w business easy?

Cons

Missing features or improvement needed? Difficult to use? As mentioned in the Pros, one of my favorite functions is to be able to share my screen with other participants. However, it's not a true screen share - you're only sharing one item (an open file, document, or website, etc). If you move to a different item on your computer it does update the screen for the other participants. Only the file/website/doc that you originally picked will show to the other users. At times that set up is perfect and allows you to look at other things on your computer without disrupting the meeting. However, I wish there were an option to have the screen share update based on what the sharer is looking at. At times I have a number of things I need to show the other participants, and it becomes tedious to have to close the screen share and re-open it whenever I want to change what I'm showing the participants.

Rick from ConsumerAffairs

It Works

Not great. It connects and works, as long as you're not using AirPods.

Pros

It generally connects and stays connected despite the network quality. The software is agile enough to know when you're using a sub-par ISP with low bandwidth and tells you to disable features that will drag down the performance. Aside from that, it just works.

Cons

You can not use Apple AirPods with this software. It's a known issue and Zoom has done nothing to fix it. What happens is you will connect your AirPods to the machine you're using via Bluetooth and then when -- which has to happen in that order if you want any slim possibility of it working -- then you connect to Zoom. Once you're in Zoom it "Detects a change to your audio settings" and makes you punch in your computer password to "authorize" the change to your AirPods. Once that's complete, Zoom doesn't like it and disconnects your AirPods from the machine completely and automatically switches to another audio source.

Price and stability.

Lee from University of New England

Best way to communicate via the web: Zoom!

Zoom brings so much to the table. It really is a dream come true software. People can save on travel, share their work and communicate their ideas from the comfort of their own home or office. What a great software!!!!!

Pros

Zoom Video Webinar is straight forward, easy to use. Our team uses it for our weekly meetings and we also use it for our organizations Board Meetings as well. Sharing a screen is great. I love how you can test a microphone and speaker as well. I also love the fact that you can book a meeting in advance. The app is really easy to use as well.

Cons

I think that there should be a control setting on who can and who can not make notes on the screen. One board meeting a team member started doodling on a slide he thought only he could see and as he looked up and saw his doodle was going out over the entire board meeting. Luckily we were able to clear it.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom just was better all around also we all trusted it more too.

Andy from Tax Analysts

Best audio and video conferencing we've used easily

We needed a reliable audio and video conferencing platform to use for small meetings, all hands meetings, and training, among other things. Zoom has always fit those needs perfectly. Meetings are easy to setup, record and the quality is always top notch.

Pros

Zoom is incredibly easy to implement, use, and administrate. We've used all the major audio and video conferencing platforms out there, and Zoom is by far the best. The biggest thing is it just works and works in a repeatable manner. We used to always have issues with other software of changes we made not sticking, such as audio sources. Zoom just works.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any issues we've had with Zoom or anything that I don't like about it. It's always been rock solid.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

It was a great price and a great product. We also spoke to many other similar companies that were using the product and were thrilled with it.

Meetings and Calls without worry of time and distance

Overall zoom is a great tool for meetings and webinar. People can also join without host joining the call. So, you don't have to wait till host's join. It's quick and the phone app works well to. I like the UI It's simple and easy to send an invite. We used to do all meeting including international ones with zoom only and if the internet is good, I never faced and drop or lags in the call.

Pros

The quality of audio and video both calls is good without any interference and drops. We used to use this software daily for our client meetings and bi-weekly webinars. There used to be multiple people in calls from different locations internationally, there were no delays in calls. Screen sharing is one of the most useful feature as we need this all the time for client calls. Another helpful feature is, you can record you webinar which can be shared later with the group and during the meetings you can also send messages privately to one person. Sending invites is quite easy as the interface is simple. Additionally, different time zone can also be selected for calls. I used to have zoom app installed on my phone as well and used to join meetings while travelling through phone only. The app works well too it's easy to use and has all the features. Once or twice the app hanged and the call was dropped in between but otherwise i didn't found any other problem. On my laptop I never faced such kind of issue with this software. And of course as it works using internet, if your connection isn't stable or good you'll have lags and drops. It has all the basic features need in any webinar software like mute, audio, video, desktop sharing, chat, adding to calendars, time zone selection etc. So finally, it's easy to use and quality is also nice. The free version has no trial period and can be used as long as you want with some limitations. I would recommend this software.

Cons

The free version has limited minutes of conferencing and the call is disconnected automatically after that. This feels wired as one time we were in the middle of explain a feature and the call ended abruptly. Of course you can start the meeting again and continue but for group meetings I would recommend the paid version. The link generated for meetings has random string rather than you id or name. So, it is difficult to recognize the link just be looking at it and you have to look the detailed invite as who's hosting the meeting. It would be easier and time saving if there is name in the meeting link itself.

Michelle from Zinus

Industry: Furniture

It works internationally as well

We are all able to share screens and see the same content together, at the same time. We do not have to email our spreadsheets or presentations before the meeting, constantly reminding everyone where to look or what we are discussing to stay on topic. We are able to see our team's faces for better communication, which leads to better understanding and interaction.

Pros

Ease of installation and integration with google. Once extensions are all installed, you can schedule your Zoom meeting right in the google calendar, which is always a plus. Our company uses Zoom to have meetings within office and with our teams from Australia, Canada, Korea, and China and it works flawlessly. I am able to see our team members from China and video quality is Superb. I share my screens to show content to them as well and it works really well. It never crashed or lagged once. We have used other softwares before and always had a bad connection issues which was very frustrating.

Cons

At first, people have hard time learning to use the program. Zoom offers so much features that sometimes, people are confused about what works for what but eventually, people figure it out and it works.

Marki from MD Andersen, CPA, PA

Zoom: Easy to Learn and Should Replace Any Other Video Conferencing Software You Have

Overall my experience with Zoom has been overwhelmingly positive. Once you get over the initial bumps in the road to figure out how to best use it, it shines as a software. I have never had a dropped, stalled, or buffered call, I have never had audio issues, it really is a cut above the rest in that regard. After using Zoom I can't imagine going back to competitors like Skype or Google Hangouts for video conferencing.

Pros

It's honestly very easy to use. Even our clients who don't necessarily have Zoom downloaded prior to a Zoom Meeting find it easy to get up and running which really takes the burden off of us and relieves any back and forth having to explain how to work the program during time that should be spent already on a call. The functionality of the software does not change very much between the free version and the more premium versions which I appreciated; the paid version really only seems to remove the restrictions of the free version so it didn't feel like having to learn a brand new program once we made the switch. Everything is labeled fairly clearly, and I didn't have to research the software extensively to find out how to work each function because of how user-friendly it is. The options to use your computer audio or call in by phone really makes it shine I think though, as most video conferencing software does not provide the either/or option, which I think anyone who has been in a video conference will know only leads to lackluster audio quality.

Cons

I think if Zoom created a handbook or user guide that they sent to each person or business who purchases their software, it would really put them above the rest. The software is user-friendly, but I did have to google a few things to figure out how to work certain elements of the software. I understand the reasoning behind defaulting every call to password protected, but I think it should be optional, as there are already a lot of numbers involved in accessing a call and throwing in a password has confused more than one of my meeting participants. The invitation to each zoom meeting I think is also a little unclear, when you first start using the program it is an overwhelming amount of information to have put in front of you and with the addition of multiple phone numbers by time zone and two different links it can be difficult to puzzle out. If it was a little more clearly defined I think it would be perfect, I know I had to trial and error myself before figuring out how to do it right every time.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

The quality was truly better than any other product. After having very frustrating experiences with Skype and Google I just needed a software that I knew was reliable, and after extensive positive experience using the free version of the software, I was sold.

Michael from National Christian Foundation

Best Video Collaboration Tool on the Market

Zoom has been a great investment for us. We have never had software or any tool so quickly adopted by our users. By using Zoom, we have cut costs on video conferencing and allowed ourselves to do more with less in regards to conferencing. It has become the go to collaboration tool, and more user are doing video conferencing/screen sharing than they ever did with another tool.

Pros

I love how simple it is to use and how robust a tool it is without much management or administration. We have never had a tool that was so highly accepted and adopted with minimal effort by our users. We love the tool so much that it has become our company wide video conferencing solution.

Cons

The biggest drawback with the tool that I have seen so far isn't really an issue with the tool as much as it is about we use it. We have had issues with being able to play video's through the Zoom at the same time as presenting. We get a delay in the video and audio when doing this. I think this would happen regardless of the solution, but it's worth mentioning.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

It was a better solution and had more integration than the others. Zoom was moving forward and the cost was less than the other solutions. It made a lot of sense to move away from LifeSize and WebEx.

Jason from Kindred Credit Union

Zoom Review

I am very happy with our choice to move to Zoom. It is not very resource intensive and is more cost effective than Webex. No additional 'Firewall work' was needed to get it going on our network and the interface is clean. The web admin console is easy to use and makes managing licenses a breeze. We are able to save on the amount of licenses needed as non licensed user still has 45 minutes of meeting time. Users are normally prompted very clearly about how soon the 45min time will elapse and it helps to wrap up meetings. I highly recommend Zoom for any size organization.

Pros

I like the fact that Zoom is not very resource intensive and runs very well within our virtual environment. Video rendering is surprisingly good on a virtual machine with 1 core and 2Gb of memory. We opted to install the client on the base image which did not affect performance negatively in any way. The web version is compatible with IE11, Chrome and Firefox and users do not feel restricted by choosing to use the browser vs the client.

Cons

Migrating from Webex, our users did not seem to "figure it out" right away. There were a little hand-holding initially especially with the "sharing screen" portion. What we would find is that users would click "share screen" and nothing happens as there is another step to the process where the decision needs to be confirmed. Confirming this decision is essentially, I am in no way advocating for it's removal, but maybe adding a dialogue box as a prompt, that makes the rest of Zoom inactive, so the user sees that confirmation is needed before doing anything else.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

The only one considered after moving from webex, mainly because the developers of webex developed Zoom and there was a sense of trust in what they would be able to achieve.

Cay from Jackrabbit Technologies

Zoom makes Customer Support Stress Free

Zoom meetings are reliable, clear, and easy to use most of the time.

Pros

I support non-techie customer daily on how to use our software. Our support mantra goes above and beyond what our software can do... we show our customers work arounds to get the data they need. It is not easy to describe through chat and email the steps at times. In addition, our customers are not always skilled ot describe what they need or see. With Zoom, we can show them how to do it. We can show them that the software is working as expected. Happy customers makes for happy support experience.

Cons

If only connecting to a scheduled Zoom meeting was easier for first time users. Sometimes, it requires several attempts because non-techie customers have no idea what is going on and they wait for a while before realizing they need to click something to join a meeting. I have no idea what they are doing wrong and can't help. In addition, sharing the mouse or handing over the screen share to another participant is not intuitive.

Miguel from Plant With Purpose

Industry: Environmental Services

User friendly and great features

Overall our team loves it. We use it everyday, haven't had any major issues, and they constantly update their features and fix minor bug issues.

Pros

Our office loves Zoom Meeting for the main following reasons: - Others can join the call remotely - Can share Zoom meeting without others having to download the software - Can make notes on the screen - People can chat during meeting on the screen - Can share desktop screen, other windows, phone screen, and more - User friendly - More

Cons

It's hard to say what there is not to like about this software since in our eyes, they are the leaders in the industry for the pricing and features.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

I believe it was more expensive.

Jorge from DO IT Internacional

Smoothness almost guaranteed

It just works. It's so easy to integrate with Google Calendar to schedule and send a link, and also in the paid version we use, the call recording feature is a lifesaver. Everything is made to fit most businesses needs.

Pros

In most videoconference services the first question you ask is "Do you hear me?". In Zoom, this is not needed as it always works right from the beginning of the call. If your internet service is stable, you can be sure you'll experience the best video communication you can get as the level of compression is so well balanced that it seems magical.

Cons

I didn't like the recent privacy problem that it faced, when it was proved that the macOS version installed a web server without the user knowledge or permission, but the company retracted and made it right after it was publicly known.

Joshua from Padua Franciscan High School

Zoom makes videoconferencing easy, even for novice users.

Our organization's members are spread all over Northeast Ohio, and Zoom lets folks be face to face during a meeting, even when distance, weather, and other complications make in-person meeting impractical.

Pros

My absolute favorite thing about Zoom is the fact that inviting someone to a meeting is as simple as sending the link. On the end-user's side, all they have to do is click the link. If they've got the software, then they're all set. If not, the installer launches automatically. Simple, simple, simple. I work with mostly volunteers of varying levels of technical comfort, and this software has made my job much easier.

Cons

This is an extremely niche thing, and I have absolutely NO problem with the fact that the Zoom development team hasn't included these features, but one of the obstacles to our using Zoom for meetings has to do with Robert's Rules of Order -- in a totally electronic meeting, there is no integrated method for secret balloting during parliamentary proceedings. Again -- that's a SERIOUSLY edge use-case. No problems here, but since you asked...

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Google Hangouts requires users to have a Google account, and not all of our users do. If they had to sign up for an account, then that's another layer of difficulty and instruction that stands between them and a meeting.

Suzie from Melody Piano Detroit

Zoom Review

Overall, I really like Zoom a lot. It's now my main software tool for business and video conferences. It's got great video quality, and it works great on my devices. I also like that there isn't this huge ordeal to use it's system. It's got a great reputation, and almost all of the people I do business with know what Zoom is, and also already use it, so that makes it extremely easy on me as well!

Pros

What I like most about Zoom is that it's pretty capable to have clear video's no matter what device I'm using it on. I usually have issues with my work laptop freezing up on me, and that's always been a problem with video conferences, until I started using zoom. I haven't had a problem with the video quality yet!

Cons

Sometimes it get's confusing to figure out who's generating the conference ID. This could definitely be on my and the other people's end, but sometimes I wish Zoom didn't have so many steps to get to the actual video conference itself. There tends to be way too many unnecessary windows that pop up that make things confusing to know when your actually in the video conference or not.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

I tried to use google hangouts for a while, which I thought would be easy, as it's directly linked to my google business account, but it ended up being a complete disaster! It CONSTANTLY kept freezing up, especially if there was more than 2 people in the video chat. With Zoom, everything's very user friendly, and i never have video quality issues which is EXTREMELY important, because then I can just focus on the business matters at hand, because I know that everything is going to work properly and consistently

Robert from Righteous Marketing

Easy To Use With Consistent Performance

A great solution for calls with more than 2 parties. Screen sharing is easy to use and can be passed between attendees quickly and easily. Online chat lets you post links for everyone to find/follow. Software is fast and doesn't require constant updating/downloading. Launches quickly.

Pros

Setting up a call is as easy as dropping your Zoom link into a calendar invite. Attendees don't need to download or constantly update the software on their end and join easily and quickly. The call quality is always good and screen sharing is very easy to use, even switching between multiple people. With the chat feature you can easily share links to let all attendees see what you're referencing.

Cons

No complaints really. The only problems I've had stemmed from the internet connectivity on my end, which is inherent in any web-based tool. I don't often use the call-in feature so I can't speak to that.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Had a free option to trial and from there I was "sold" by the performance of the product. Did everything I needed it to do without any fuss or difficulty.

Ease Of Video Calling

Zoom Meeting is a really good application for a new or existing user, You can dial PM for any particular person n u will be ib VC call. If you need to support remotly you can use the Zoom meeting. By using the chat option you can chat with private mode or you can broadcast your message.

Pros

Screen sharing, Join meeting without any knowledge of Zoom application, Taking remote control of the user, Chat option, Better video quality, session recording.

Cons

Sharing screen using the Zoom Room application is really good but sometimes it shows lag. Sometimes Zoom Meeting application gets hang in Ubuntu system

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoho connect is also a good option for VC but it's not constant it is not vaile to join call sometime, Video quality is really poor than zoom.

Lauren from Buffalo 7

Perfect, user-friendly software

It would be great if it could just detect and connect audio and microphone automatically, but otherwise it has all the features you'd need, it's reliable, the quality is great and we also use zoom rooms, which is the easiest way to connect to meetings in all our conference rooms. I think it's a brilliant piece of software.

Pros

I think it's intuitive to use. I really like how easily you can hand control to another participant. I like that you can annotate the screen and collapse the camera views to be able to view the screen more easily. I like that you can easily show your entire monitor, or just one window. It's secure and easy to use and it has transformed the way we hold conference calls.

Cons

We actually ended up producing a small eLearning module on how to use zoom, to send to our clients. Although I find it intuitive, we did find that sometimes clients wouldn't know they had to connect their audio and microphone, and they'd just think it wasn't working. When we went to find a simple web page explaining how to use zoom, we found there wasn't one - so we made one.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

I have never had a good experience using Skype for Business! We didn't even trial it because every one of us had previously been invited to a meeting through Skype and it was always so complicated and clumsy and one feature would never work.

Best of the best, thank you for perfecting video chat

I originally started using Zoom with a client who had a client out of state. I was really impressed with the interface and brought it into my own team. It's allowed us to expand our customer base seamlessly out of town, and drastically cut down on unnecessary travel.

Pros

I tested it side by side with competitors and it hands down had the best performance, the least glitches, and the easiest user interface.

Cons

Just the price—it's expensive. That said, it's worth it. I was stoked when my doctor started offering it!

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Just not impressed with performance, and the side by side test CLEARLY showed that.

Ivan from GB Advisors, Inc.

Excellent meeting tool and also excellent for customer support!

My overall experience is excellent, except for the two comments mentioned before, everything else is perfect and works flawlessly.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use and easy to integrate with Google Calendar. The Google Calendar Chrome plugin is very convenient, with a single click it assigns the Zoom meeting to an appointment.

Cons

This is a software I use almost daily, so when I moved from Windows to Ubuntu Linux, I figured out I could use Zoom for Linux. The Linux version definitely needs polishing in the user experience to get up to speed to the Windows version, as some meeting controls get in the way when working with customers. For this software and another unrelated one, I had to switch back to Windows, because definitely it was getting in the way on my productivity. Guilty of bad UX in Linux. Additionally, saving the meeting recording to cloud and then sharing sometimes work weird or in a counterintuitive way. I solved this by saving the recording in the computer and then uploading to Google Drive and sharing it that way.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom has audio, BeyondTrust Remote Support doesn't. TeamViewer has a strange licensing model, by occuping the "channel" anyone else can't use it, in Zoom you just use your own session without making others to wait for you.

Best Conference Call/Virtual Meeting Software Available

Again, the issues I am highlighting are fairly nit picky as Zoom is vastly superior to the previous product we were using (Goto Meeting)

Pros

So lets start by acknowledging that every single professional conference call/virtual meeting software or product has some flaws. None of them offer everything you want without some glitches or issues. That said, I've used countless other products/vendors and can I attest that Zoom is easily the best of its class available on the market. I love that there is a simple Zoom add-on you can download into your personal Outlook to make scheduling meetings incredibly easy. Love that all employees get their own accounts/unique login ID's. I think the mobile app is also a big plus, as I have joined meetings and viewed what others are sharing directly on my phone. The customization options are outstanding.

Cons

Couple of areas for improvement: - It doesn't need to blast super loud "this call is being recorded." That can freak some interviewees out. Consider changing to a visual cue that the call is being recorded (or a more subtle audio cue) - Really wish there was a feature that warned you when you've accidentally scheduled two zoom meetings that overlap (with the same user/login). Could be helpful - The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact that sometimes I don't fully end a zoom meeting and when I have another zoom call/meeting immediately in succession, it can sometimes say that the other meeting hasn't ended and I somehow am not able to end the first meeting in order for others to join the new meeting. -Overlapping meetings (under a single user login) is by far the biggest area for improvement. We run into that issue pretty regularly - Sometimes the call/meeting recordings don't show up or download

Highly suggested for healthcare professionals since it is HIPAA Compliant

Using Zoom was great especially for organizations that need to take HIPAA compliance into consideration. Since Zoom encrypts connections end to end, it works out great. It also was really easy to use their API, and it was very well documented. We rarely had issues with reliability through Zoom being used directly within our software. I thought it was very easy to use, and a much better option than most other video platforms. We also made great use of the reporting mechanism to know how much utilization we were getting out of Zoom. And the meetings that we generated across the organization, since we purchased an API subscription, were easy to customize for the settings on each meeting. I do think generating meetings in Zoom is kind of inconvenient. There is a lot of information that must be copied and pasted into meeting invites and people often have questions about what link they should use.

Pros

- HIPAA compliance for mental health care professionals - ease of use and low learning curve - accessibility features such as captioning - integration with Microsoft Outlook to generate meetings easily - secure, safe, fast, and bug-free - easy to use API for integrations directly into your software - highly customizable settings across the organization - good reporting tools to indicate usage

Cons

- generating a meeting invite should be easier. usually was copying and pasting way too much meeting invite info into emails

Henry from Telecommunications

Favorite software I use daily

Solves the problem of meeting with people outside of the office with great quality audio, video and sharing. And constantly adding new, great features!

Pros

I've used meeting software like this for over 10 years, Zoom rocks and is so much better in so many ways - especially the important stuff like it JUST WORKS!

Cons

Really not much at all - I like everything about it. I guess it almost has too many features so you need to dig in and learn the software and custom-tailor it for yourself. For example, you can have it auto-record meetings for you every time. But that option is buried about 10 menu options deep - but it works great!

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom was just the easiest to use and worked the most often.

Bob from Bob Thibodeau Speaks

Zoom works the best out all the systems I have tried.

By using Zoom meetings, I am able to record for both, my audio podcasts and my video training programs by using one simple software. Prior to using Zoom, I was using two and sometimes three different platforms to accomplish the same thing I can do through Zoom!

Pros

Zoom is the most stable platform I have used. Zoom is becoming widely acceptable and is used by many of the clients whom I interview. Zoom allows me to schedule the meetings in advance or simply send an invitation straight from the software itself.

Cons

I wish the ability was provided to eliminate all of the small icons of people on the call without having to upgrade to the webinar system.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Price, easy of use, popularity

Keion L. from Civil Service Department

Reliable Conference Software

My overall experience with Zoom is extremely good. The software is lightweight but very heavy hitting. It is packed with important features, controls and abilities. I feel this software one of the best on the market for audio video conferencing.

Pros

What I like most about Zoom software is that the software is available to use a no charge. The software has several features that I find to be extremely efficient Zoom allows you to have a one on one conference with any user in the world. You can use the software to do a conference call with technology devices such as computers, tablets and cell phone devices. The software utilizes audio, video and screen sharing capabilities. You can share your device screen so your audience can view a presentation, hear your voice and see you live via video camera. The Zoom software also allows you to screen record your device or computer. This function is key because you can record your presentations or conferences and use the recorded video later as a media marketing tool. The software is very easy to learn and is beginner friendly. Zoom also has very friendly customer support and technical assistance. I would recommend the software to any user who is interested in audio video conferencing software.

Cons

The only thing I like least about the software is the overlay controls. The controls can get in the way of your recording sometimes. The overlay can be docked near the bottom or the top section of the screen which is helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

I choose this product because it was reliable on multiple platforms seamlessly

Ben from BCG

Zoom is the Industry Standard for Me

We have used Zoom for a little over a year and it has been an amazing experience. We moved to Zoom from Webex, after people constantly having issues with that platform. Zoom has been a night and day difference with user satisfaction sitting at a much higher rate than it was before.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is reliable and provides a much better user experience than the competition. One of the features I love is that it will automatically detect and connect to a zoom meeting when you are in a zoom room.

Cons

The only negative that I can think of is that their support could have been a little better / faster responding to issues. They aren't as bad as some companies, but they weren't the best that I have experienced.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Ease of use, integration with other products, and the positive results we saw from our trial with them.

Francisco from Infocorp

The best tool for conference and group calls

As I said earlier, Zoom is far superior to other tools in the market, even in its free version. We use it in our conference rooms and personal computers, with very good results in all scenarios (demos, support, remote daily meetings, etc.). Very user friendly and works really fast!

Pros

Having many off-shore clients, we use this tool for everything, from simple support calls to full demos. Zoom really shines when you compare it to other tools available in the market; we experience little to no latency in our calls, video or shared screen streaming, which is incredibly valuable when working remotely and convincing clients that this is not a limitation. In my personal experience, I never had a call dropped or a freezed screen. Audio quality is really good, even when having multiple callers from different locations. While acting as organizer I can easily manage speaking permissions and turns, making good use of the "raise hand" option. Last but not least, the application is very easy to install and use, even if you're downloading it for the first time, just click on the link to the meeting and you're set.

Cons

When sharing control of the screen, Zoom does not allow control over applications opened in Administrator Mode, which is almost always when working in dev or UAT environments. The action bar while sharing screen is a bit cluttered, making it hard to find the desired options. Text-chat could stand to be improved; if you end the call, text messages are not saved, so they're lost forever if you forgot to save them beforehand.

Leif from Project Bionic

Great conferencing software, couple annoyances

Overall really positive experience with the software as well as the sales and support teams.

Pros

I've tested a bunch of video conferencing options and landed on Zoom as the best. Quality is good (better than any other, but still could use improvement) and it has tons of features that I like. Really enjoy Zoom Rooms for conference rooms. I like that they are hardware agnostic. I got a Polycom Trio 8800 which acts as both the audio and the controller. Paired that with a cheapo PC from Amazon, an existing projector, and an inexpensive web cam to create a really nice solution. We add meetings to a conference room calendar and when you show up you can start the meeting with a single button from the Polycom. Very slick, although it took me a bit to get it configured properly.

Cons

It's frustrating that I have to buy both a Zoom Room license AND a pro user just to setup that room. The pro user should be included with the room since it is necessary to make it work. I really wish there was an option to start meetings with the video in the corner instead of full screen when you are the only person in the meeting. Sharing video is a bit glitchy and the audio lags. Outside of those issues it is great.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

UberConference doesn't have a video sharing feature or room control.

It actually works smoothly, unlike its competition

I could not be happier. Our institution has standardized on it, and it was one of the best I.T. business decisions we have made in the last 5 years.

Pros

Zoom video conferences are just smooth, and not loaded with an annoying amount of jitter like the other products in the field. That results in a natural meeting, as close as you can get other than physical face-to-face. It's well maintained. Unfortunately people still buy Cisco's option because of Cisco's name, not Cisco's functionality and performance.

Cons

It would be good to see more significant integration with G Suite and Office365.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom just worked flawlessly and did not have the jitter in the video conference that its competition continues to struggle with.

Andrew from University of Arizona - Phoenix

Webconferencing for the agile workplace

I use this product for countless meetings and I have always recommended it to co-workers. As a project manager, I often throw together meetings to have quick agile discussions with stakeholders and ZOOM allows me to do just that. Even external clients with no experience using ZOOM can access it and use it with little issue. As with all products, the more people are comfortable with the tools that ZOOM provides, the greater collaboration can be. Once people understand this, they find ZOOM to be one of the best tools for their day-to-day and begin scheduling their own web conferences. I think that alone demonstrates how useful ZOOM can be.

Pros

ZOOM is incredibly easy to use. The product is intuitive for the average user and can get you started with a web conference in little time. Most industries rely on some sort of off-site conferencing tool, particularly for large organizations with multiple locations. ZOOM has a quick turnaround, you can have you conference set-up and details to attendees right away. The ZOOM UI during a meeting is very helpful as well, you can switch between a presentation, to video conferencing, and teleconferencing with single commands. Other users are presented with a simple and intuitive dashboard to allow them to share and participate. I have never run into a technical issue that wasn't easily overcome, and almost never had any issues during a presentation. Participants have a wide array of participating as well, with a helpful and discrete chat box and ways to "jump-in" without needing to pause the conference.

Cons

Audio can be tricky depending on how you have your conference rooms set-up. When using at home or at a desk, this is not an issue, but in conference rooms with in-room audio connected to the presenting computer, there can be echo. This is mostly user-caused and can be easily fixed, but it is something that has come up more than once. Some users have trouble figuring out how to mute or turn their camera off, and the web conference client at times requires refreshing when it doesn't launch initially.

David from University of Alaska Foundation

A great alternative to GoToMeeting and WebEx

Zoom is a worthy competitor to GoToMeeting and Webex even if it still lacks some useful features. It does excel in large group environments and video screen participation.

Pros

Zoom is a full featured virtual meeting/collaboration software. As a long-time user of GoToMeeting, I found Zoom to be an excellent alternative. One of the great things about Zoom is the extent that it can be customized to each individual user. Zoom leverages most of its strengths if it’s applied within a large organization. Each user gets to customized how they engage Zoom at startup. For instance when entering a meeting, users can set as their defaults such things as entering a meeting with microphone and camera turned off.. No embarrassing “gotcha” moments. Zoom allows multiple options for screen sharing, using single or multiple screens, or highlighting one app. Zoom also allows for whiteboards. Customer support is generally prompt and helpful. Two billing disputes were resolved within a few minutes. Technical support is also generally helpful and responsive. A problem with echoes and distortion was quickly diagnosed in the middle of a meeting and fixed with minimal interruption.

Cons

One of the glaring defects of Zoom is not being able to share controls.. While users may designate another meeting attendee as a host, it doesn’t allow for passing off of controls. Which is not the same thing. Several users of competitor titles like GoToMeeting or WebEx, find this feature very useful as it lets other meeting attendees manipulate their screen while still retaining overall control of the meeting. The control elements are a bit more spread out on the desktop app than users may be used to with GoToMeeting and WebEx.  in some cases this means more screen real estate is available for actual meeting content, but it can also make things a little bit harder to find.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Price and ability to support large meetings.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 5,684 reviews