• Pros

• "I like the Customer Support, the ease of uploading statements and the reports that are available that I can provide to decision makers and producers."

• "all agents, carriers, clients, policies cross-referenced - simplified program that is easy to use willing to do custom reporting if needed"

• "I can't speak highly enough of the customer support that we receive from Shane at Commission Tracker. I wish all of the vendors we use in our company were as competent."

• Cons

• "The only con that I know of is the Premium allocation capability."

• "I wish it didn't go back to the top when you do an adjustment. That slows me way down."

• "Its license per machine feature makes it a little tricky to network. Also, support is one or two people not a team so immediate response can be a problem."

Browse Commission Tracker Reviews

Matthew from Mission Benefits

Have been using it for 15 years, very reliable and gets the job done.

Saves time, makes payroll a breeze.

Pros

The Commission Tracker is very comprehensive in setting up producers and client accounts. it handles multiple splits easily so for clients with multiple agents it is very handy. While data entry is straightforward, when there are lots of commissions statements it will take a lot of time. They have an in-house data entry service that is very effective and when I switched over, it made it much easier to process commissions.

Cons

For most people it should not be a problem but the installed version runs on a Windows computer. The cloud version is a better way to run the software because there is no need to save the data locally.

Diana from NFP

Allows you to manage your book of business with a positive financial impact!

Confidence that you are managing your revenue!

Pros

Commission Tracker is user friendly and yet very detailed. Ability to building your carrier commission scales allows you to calculate your book of business to the penny. The import of commissions is easy to use unlike some other products. For folks that prefer to hand key, this is easy as well and the discrepancies appear right on the screen, which allows the auditing process to start immediately. The program is multi-user and allows for permission settings. The key to this software is the customer service. Any question or issue is addressed quickly and diligently. If you have a specific need, the programmers try to understand how you manage your business to help understand the best solution. Sometimes your needed solution becomes a program update. Love that they are open to real life needs and solutions. This is not an out of the box product that does not evolve!

Cons

Not a personal fan of crystal reports because I am not well versed in it. All reports are exportable to Excel, however Crystal to Excel sometimes need manipulating. That being said, if a report needed is not programmed, the programmers will help create one specific for your needs.

March 2009

Kim from True North Insurance Agency, Inc.

March 2009

Commission Tracker was an easy fix to our tracking problem.

Commission Tracker was an easy fix to our tracking problem. The program has worked well with us over the past 6 years and we are eager to work with our newly updated version, 4.0. We had been running 3.0 all this time and are very happy to see the enhancements in 4.0 and look forward to the release of 5.0.

Pros

Commission Tracker is user friendly and easy to learn. The training process for new users has been made simpler by the ease of use of the system. The reports in Commission Tracker give the user alot of flexibility. A big pro for us has been the ability to have reports customized for us. This has made it possible for us to maximize our return on the product.

Cons

One con that comes to mind is that we, as a Commission Tracker user, would love to have access to the network of other CT users. I would love to see a user's group meeting or a place that we as users can talk with other users and pick up on all the parts of the system that we might not be using but should be and just aren't because we don't realize what it does or what it can do for us.

March 2016

Judie from CS Plus (Insurance Broker)

March 2016

There isn't a better commission Tracker Software

In my opinion, Commission Tracker is THE best commission tracking software on the market, for any price and it is amazingly affordable! This will be a rather wordy review, but I can't say enough wonderful things about Commission Tracker. I found CT 3 years ago and chose it because it was within our budget and the demo looked like what we needed. Little did I know that it was not only what we needed, but it is awesome! It is easy to learn, easy to use, has a huge number of user option oriented reports that are accurate. It also does future commissions predictions. It tracks carrier commissions receivable and producer payable commissions with tremendous flexibility. You can use CT for P&C and Health and Benefits. It works great for both and it does both very well, better than other packages I have used and demoed. It also has customizable commission tables for graded commissions, PCPM and flat rate. Producer commission tables also offer quite a bit of flexibility. Commission Tracker was perfect for my needs. However, my sales staff needed an agency management system and my boss wanted it fully integrated with the accounting software. We saw demos for Vertafore and Applied Systems. Whenever I asked if they could do something that CT can do for tracking commissions, they told me, "No." So we investigated many other packages and decided on one, I don't want to offer the name because I am currently using it. My new software is great for what the sales staff needs but is tremendously lacking in the commission tracking, sales tracking and reporting side. I had much more confidence in Commission Tracker than this package or any that I have seen. I told the staff at Commission Tracker that if they ever develop up to a full blown AMS and financial package, I would return to them in a heartbeat. The support staff is extremely responsive and helpful. And the programming staff is constantly coming up with new and excellent features and enhancements. So, if you are looking for a competent, dependable, user friendly, affordable software to track your insurance sales and commission activity, COMMISSION TRACKER GETS INSURANCE LIKE NO ONE ELSE DOES!!!

Dusty from Littrell Insurance Group

Couldn't function without it

Pros

This software is absolutely amazing. I could not process commissions without. We were using an excel spreadsheet to track our commissions until we just got to big and it was too hard to keep up with. We have used commission tracker for maybe 8 years or so now and it has made life so much easier. It allows us to track what we are being paid and if we are missing commissions or not getting the correct amount. Also because we have multiple agents that we pay it tracks the commission splits with so much ease. Love, Love, Love this software.

Cons

might take a little bit of a learning curve to get used to. Wish I had done some things different from the beginning because it's too late to change them now. The way you enter info can be subjective to the person doing the entering and therefore trying to train someone else to take over is very difficult because they may not do it the same way and therefore you will end up with inconsistency.

Janet from BENEFITS ALLIANCE INSURANCE SERVICES, LLC

Excellent customer support (whenever I've needed it), Effective Reporting Capabilities & Easy to Use

I use it every day and it has provided me with excellent reporting capabilities to give to key decision makers, it allows me to pull data quickly for various reports I run for internal and external reporting, and through the uploading of statements the amount of time it takes to import data has decreased by over 50%.

Pros

Cons

I'd love to be able to more easily manipulate the excel downloads of the reports. I'd like to be able to run Pivots with them more easily.

Ralph from VWA

Great program, saves so much time and prevent mistakes

Pros

Easy to use once the data is incorporated into the system. Execl spreadsheet quickly import to the system. The reporting section is outstanding and very useful to the agent and management. Tremendous time saver reducing a week of manual data input of Excel to just a few minutes. Exceptional service by a local tech support, not somebody in India.

Cons

The requirement to make sure the excel spreadsheet exactly meets the import requirements. The length of some of the data fields is restrictive. The program doesn't include a balancing mechanism rechecking the commission splits with the gross commission.

April 2009

Dena from Premier Benefits Insurance Services

April 2009

Efficient, easy to learn and train employees to use.

Efficient, easy to learn and train employees to use, and an accessible interface that minimizes errors in data entry. Quick, friendly, and very capabable customer service.

Pros

CT efficiently tracks our commissions and provides easily accessible key data for commission payments. Customer support is superlative -- fast, responsive, and gets us on back on track when we have a questions. It is a bug-free product that easily updates and requires little time to manage.

Cons

My only aspiration is for the program to have more reporting features and user modified options (e.g., what is displayed). It would be great to have the ability to add/delete fields and customize reports. I would like the ability to do more in-program analysis, rather than have to export to Excel, etc. and clean up all of the data so I can sort, etc. on my own.

Donna from Caise Benefits

A TRUE LIFESAVER!

Before using commission tracker, it would take me a week or more to process commissions for my company, now it takes me 1-2 days maximum and our company had tripled in business since we started using this system. I was not able to import statements or anything like that BEFORE I found commission tracker. This is a world class organization. I have dealt personally with Karla and Shane on numerous occasions and they answer my questions, issues and/or problems immediately or as soon as they can. I would NEVER use anyone else. The programs are updated and upgraded frequently and the customer service is unsurpassed in this industry or any other. I am have been 100% satisfied with this company and have been for the past 4 years.

Richard from TSG Financial

August 2015

Solid experience from day 1.

The program is user friendly, and runs reliably. We have suggested tweaks in the past, and have found the developers receptive to this feedback, and have seen items actually incorporated into upgrades. The customer service team is attentive and very helpful. A good organization to work with, and I would absolutely recommend them to people in need of a commission tracking program.

April 2016

Dave from Polaris Benefits

April 2016

Unquestionably the best!

We've been using Commission Tracker since our company was founded in 2005, and not only is the product excellent, with a number of valuable upgrades implemented since the first version, but the customer support is absolutely superb. In this day & age where so many firms off-site their customer service, or make it nearly impossible to find a support phone number when they need help, it is truly a delight to work with a company that does neither of those, and is always available to help as needed. Thanks so much to Shane and the rest of the team for being the absolute best in this critical segment of the marketplace for us.

December 2011

Carol & Steve from Freed Insurance agency, Inc.

Incredible system

GREAT PRODUCT, DEFINITELY A MUST

Pros

What an incredible system! At such an affordable price. Can't believe we no longer have to do date entry for our commissions, which used to take us hours and hours. Being able to forecast our future commissions with a touch of a button along with all kinds of different reports makes the commission tracker a must for insurance agents/brokers. Customer service was simply excellent, Shane goes above and beyond. Thank you so much Shane.

Cons

Wish version 6 was out sooner, like 5 years ago!

Bill from Baldwin-Georgenton Insurance Agency

August 2015

Commission Tracking for our Agency is much easier to do now with Commission Tracker!

I like this product. It is simple to use and produces reports that easily demonstrate what I need to know, such as outside agent split amounts, insurance carrier totals (to compare to carrier reports), and overall agency totals. Our old system was outdated and had been modified so many times that it was messy and produced reports that were not easy to read. I researched several commission tracking software programs and this one was the best. Initial data input was a big undertaking, but was simplified with excel data sheet upload. I would recommend this product.

December 2011

Michael from National Healthcare Access Inc.

Long-Term CT Client

I would recommend Commission Tracker to any employee benefits broker. We have over 20 sales reps accross the country and for the past four years we have lived up to their expectations with commission report delivery thanks to Commission Tracker! Sincerely, Michael Caparso VP National Healthcare Access Inc.

Pros

Cons

The only con that I know of is the Premium allocation capability.

November 2012

Tatia from Long Term Care Solutions, Inc.

November 2012

Commission Tracker is a definite asset to our business

LTC Solutions, Inc. has been using Commission Tracker since 2004 and we have grown along with it over the years. CT is a very valuable tool, allowing us to confidently track all commissions both incoming and outgoing. Shane and his team are always easy to contact when help is needed, and always highly receptive to requests to change/customize CT to better fit our needs. We highly recommend CT to any growing company that needs detailed commissions information.

Pros

Easy to use, great importing feature.

Cons

None to report.

August 2015

melissa from complete solutions inc

Great Product, Excellent Service

The commission tracker software has made paying agent commissions quick and easy. We use this system day to day and it's simple and user friendly. On the rare occasion we have an issue with the software, we contact customer service and the problem is addressed almost immediately with a fix and we're back on track to working on it. Karla and Shane have been awesome to work with and their responsiveness has amazing.

Blake from RBI Benefits

October 2013

A terrific value for our agency!

We purchased Commission Tracker last year because we were growing out of keep our commissions and splits on an Excel spreadsheet. The program is reasonably priced and user friendly. The best part of out purchase of Commission Tracker is the service we have received. Karla Long and the service team have been responsive, patient and dependable. I like the web-based access. I highly recommend Commission Tracker!

Lizette from Creative Insurance Solutions

CT KIS me!

CT Kept it Simple for me! Prior to CT, an excel spreadsheet was my recording method .., this program is one of the easiest out there and simple to use, doesn't require an IT degree to figure it out! The customer service support is also incredible, no telephone automation, real live person that you actually speak with. Can't beat the price! Love it! Thank you CT for the KIS!

Nancy from FG Insurance

August 2015

Effective, helpful commission software with excellent support.

We are a growing health insurance office. Commission Tracker has been very useful for managing both agent commissions and carrier payments. Commission Tracker continues to make the software more intuitive and speedy. Do take advantage of the excellent support to set up accounts, commission tables correctly and answer any start-up questions.

Jeffrey from Continental Management

September 2013

Commission Tracker is perfect for our office

Our Agency loves Commission Tracker, it is perfect for our office. We have 3,000+ clients and are paying 7 agents at different levels of commissions and it is a perfect fit. The support team is always available and listens to our suggestions for tweaking small updates. I would recommend it to anyone needing to track a variety of Carriers, products and clients.

Doug from David White & Associates

August 2015

It has been a very good, reliable, easy to use software program.

This is the first commission software program that I have used. It has been very easy to learn how use this program. The customer service has been fantastic and they have gone the extra mile not only on assisting us with normal everyday questions but also customizing the program to better fit our needs.

Noah from Voss Financial Group, LLC

Fantastic Customer Service

After tracking commissions through Excel, using this software helped our process immensely. Although the software itself may be a bit difficult to navigate at times, the customer service team is on point. Any time I have a problem or question I contact my sales rep and get a return usually within 24 hours.

March 2014

Larry from LJ Brinkman & Associates

March 2014

Commission Tracker setup is easy!

I purchased Commission Tracker this year because I was out growing keeping my commissions on an Excel spreadsheets. The program is reasonably priced and user friendly. The best part of my purchase of Commission Tracker is the ease of setting up and using it and the service has been great and responsive.

Domenic from Insurance At Your Fingertips

August 2015

Best commission software available and they continue to make improvements.

Like any software it takes a bit of time to learn. The nice thing is they are always available to answer any questions and give you one on one tutorial help. Also the help button in the software is very helpful and informative.

March 2009

Stephen from Provider Insurance Group Inc.

March 2009

Overall we like it. It is affordable, and easy to use.

Overall we like it. It is affordable, and easy to use.

Pros

Easy initial set up. Fairly intuitive product.

Mandy from HCW Employee Benefit Services, LLC

August 2015

HCW has used CT since 2005. It has met our needs and continues to expand to meet our needs.

CT is easy to learn and use. When there are any problems, support is always friendly and responsive. I've never had a time where they weren't able to correct an issue.

August 2015

Dusty from Corporate Benefits Consultants, Inc.

Saves so much time

Uploading commission statements directly into Commission Tracker has been a real time saver. It is easy to use and insures accuracy.

Cindy from Concierge Communications

March 2009

Would recommend buying. Great program for tracking commissions.

Would recommend buying. Great program for tracking commissions.

Pros

Cons

minor

Thomas from Jenkins Insurance Group

March 2009

This system is the best I've used.

This system is the best I've used.

Pros

It is very easy to use, and breaks everything into what I need.

Barry from Sheridan Benefits LLC

October 2013

Great system Just wish it would do other reports and are not on the current system.