• icon"Overall it's a pretty fantastic solution for our needs."
  • icon"Great visual experience. Customization is very easy to achieve."
  • icon"I like the customization and the ability to design it the way you want to. I also like the different widgets available and integration with other programs."
  • icon"Many different nooks and crannies that are hard to get to. Took me a few days just to understand what I was looking at."
  • icon"Got a few complaints about mobile use of the platform."
  • icon"The only thing missing for me is a built-in calendar, but there is an option to link in a Google Calendar."

All CMNTY Platform Reviews

Kimberly

Very intuitive.

Was able to organize a large group of clients.

Pros

I was looking for an interface to serve as a hub for about 100 nonprofit clients. CMNTY offers a beautiful interface. Very modern looking. I was easily guided in the setup process. I was literally up and running in under an hour.

Cons

I would have loved to see some tutorials. The opening video while the site was being built was a nice touch but I learn better by video.

Douwe

Industry: Information Services

We adopted the platform as our "new Intranet with extranet capabilities" and it works well for that!

communication in the team without central persons having to catalyze is great, it connects our virtual team. and it provides us with a logical (cloud based and allways access-able) platform for all our information, questions and idea sharing needs.

Pros

Easy to learn. Like LEGO. Slick but not overdone layout & design capabilities. Great functionality for nice price. Though the platform was not primarily designed for the use we do and see growing, it fulfills most of our needs. We also see @ feel great adoption bij CMNTY company and support. So we trust we find our grow path together.

Cons

We are up to use it with quite a lot of fora & blogs. The directory structure could be more flexible (harmonica functionality). Also a bit more design functionality per blog/forum would be nice. From the information sharing point of view we'ld like to bring more variety in visualisation (like magazines do). Also we are in need of a better/extendable/lay-outable member profile page/stamp per member.

Response from CMNTY

Hi Douwe! Thank you for making the comparison with LEGO. That's a huge compliment to us! You'll also be happy to hear that improvements to the discussion structure you mentioned are to be expected soon. We'll let you know when that is released. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software, and we hope your community keeps adding the value you are already getting from it!

Replied May 2017

Michael A.

Interesting tool

Pros

So many possibilities when it comes to potential user interaction. Makes something that was typically only available for big companies accessible for everyone.

Cons

Hard to use. Many different nooks and crannies that are hard to get to. Took me a few days just to understand what I was looking at. Its also priced way too high. Maybe reduce the features and lower the price.

Nicolas

Easy and professional

Pros

It is easy to use and to publish directly relevant content. The cmnty has a proffesional look and feel and a lot of features. The service is direct and personal.

Cons

The passwords requirements of 10 items and the pricing model above 250 users is expensive. the webshop tooling I would like an automated forward systems that gives you a signal when somebody is purchasing a product

Edson

CMNTY Platform is a perfect platform that has allowed our small trainer really interact!

All in one place - communicating, sharing, and receiving requests from our users.

Pros

CMNTY Platform is easy to set up and very friendly/intuitive to use platform. No need to special training to admins or users. Perfect!

Cons

It took me some time to understand how the set up menus are organized. It is a different approach for the set up areas. But, once we get it, it is easy to set it up.

Time used: Free Trial

AMAZING community platform for those looking for ease and high functionality!

Pros

It's intuitive to use, modern in style, and has everything one could want in a community platform. I looked for MONTHS trying to find an online platform to host my monthly membership community and nothing ever came close to CMNTY.

Cons

The price is a bit high. But is SO worth it for everything you get and the time you save. Spent so many hours just trying to figure out how to set things up on other platforms, but got the hang of CMNTY right away.

Nick

Industry: Government Relations

Certainly the most user friendly platform I have experience. I highly recommend it.

It allowed our organisation to quickly and easily create a reliable central communication hub.

Pros

Intuitive and simple. It is also great value for money. The level of one to one support is exceptional.

Cons

Not the software itself, but the set up guidance notes were not easily found. However, that has now changed.

Etty

Time used: Free Trial

Very easy to setup!

Higher user engagement and brand building

Pros

That I'm able to customise it the way I want. I also love the look of the interface and the use of images and attachments in posts.

Cons

I find that the price difference between starter and regular is quite steep, as a small business I need to be able to afford this.

Sandi

We used CMNTY for our recent 2-day virtual event, and currently use it for my membership group.

Pros

Easy to onboard clients, I can allow certain clients to see certain forums while others see other forums, chat is included, members can collaborate, gamification features are fun, customized profile questions are available, ,

Cons

Very little. I'd like to have some of the more advanced features like export, available at the lower price tiers, but wouldn't we all? I'd love to be able to schedule emails, but most platforms don't offer this either.

Michelle

I finally found a platform that could support my community in connecting and collaborating

The ability to connect my community with one another at an affordable price range.

Pros

It's intuitive to work with as an administrator and user. There's an easy to access Help Center that has answered most questions I have. I like all the features - that my members can have profiles, message each other, contribute to forums, polls, collaborate and use a webshop. It has features that I couldn't find anywhere else for this price range. The customer service has been very attentive and reliable.

Cons

At the basic plan I can't customize as much as I would like. For instance the formatting on my Home page is not that attractive, and I can't add a customized page.

Response from CMNTY

Hi Michelle! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. Glad to hear this was a great solution for you and looking forward to watching your community grow!

Replied May 2017

Manon

Good platform that serves our needs .

Pros

the main reason we decided to use CMNTY is because of the gamification element embedded in the platform, that perfectly serves our needs. I also like that the platform is relatively easy to use and the responsiveness of the support team, that will always help you out.

Cons

As a basic user, I sometimes feel like the limited personalization options (design wise) are restraining me in creating the best possible platform for my needs. More design options would be great. Also, I would love for CMNTY to have an app for android/iOS, as most of our target group are smartphone users.

Candis

Depending on your needs and use case it's a good product

Pros

It's very easy to setup and use. The gamification elements are good and the feature set is nice if you don't have complex needs and expectations. The support team is very responsive.

Cons

For a community building platform, there's some core functionality (like threaded replies, reply tracking, user-level statistics) that are either unavailable or require a higher level subscription. Since they're essential to getting a community off the ground not including them in the basic package can mean the difference between a community growing or stalling. Obviously, that's pretty important.

Loretta

New to Community and really like how easy it is to use with a full support resource available at our

We are using the platform as a tool with our member community. Community allows us to effectively communicate our companies features and benefits to thousands across the US.

Pros

Designed for ease of use. Great visual experience. Customization is very easy to achieve. Great pricing. Online support documentation is great.

Cons

We have just starting using the platform, so at our early stage of development we have not found any cons to report.

CMNTY has excellent customer service and many community options--help when you need it!

We found a platform that would work to create an online community, work internationally, and help connect a large group of people in a meaningful way.

Pros

There are so many options and features, and there are help articles on each feature. We are just launching our community, and I will be able to add new things for the community to explore and use. I started off with one poll and one questionnaire, but I will be adding gamification and step boards next month. I feel like we will be able to expand this platform and keep it fresh long-term.

Cons

I'm wanting to integrate with some platforms that are not options yet in CMNTY-- but we have been working with the customer service on hearing about plans for future integration.

Stefaan

Industry: Market Research

Top notch tool for community management, some lack of lists management

Satisfied customer, to whom we suggested the tool as a means for her specific questions (setting up an online discussion forum)

Pros

Very userfriendly interface, clear oversight on all activities. Ability to log in as a community member to preview how it looks, and switch back to management side at a single mouse click.

Cons

It is a petty that CMNTY does not contain a better list management system in which we can filter down on specific member sociodemographic items (free fields we introduce in the profile). This is the reason why we aren't using CMNTY to manage our consumer database.

Response from CMNTY

Hi Stefaan, Thank you so very much for taking time aside to leave a review! Great to hear you found the CMNTY platform user friendly (that is super important to us!) and our team will look into your additional feedback.

Replied July 2017