Browse Crowdstack Pro Reviews

Mary from Comprehensive Securities Compliance Solutions, Inc. dba CS2

Excellent system and support for our client community

We are a B2B consulting firm and we use Hoop.la for our online client community. This has allowed us to evolve away from hourly and project services to a much more efficient and interactive model where all clients have access to a library of documents and videos ("clips" in Hoop.la terms), discussion forums, calendars, live chat events, etc. You create permission groups ("circles") and set what members can and can't do; new members are assigned to one or more circles. Very easy to set up and customize even if, like me, you do not know a lot about CSS or HTML. Their support staff are amazing - they know the product inside and out and they are fast, cheerful and professional. Our community is professional rather than social in nature so we needed some customization to meet the needs of our clients, and they accomplished these on time and on budget, with great results. I highly recommend Hoop.la. I stumbled on them when looking for a live chat system, and then realized they did that plus almost everything else we needed to make a new online community a reality.

Pros

Easy set up ' customization; permissioning; moderation; live chat; forums, and calendars, A+ support

Response from Social Strata

Replied April 2019

Awesome, thanks for sharing your experience!

Aaron from Extension Foundation

Finally, a platform designed for scale!

It solved a huge visibility issue and we've been able to increase engagement for online events significantly. It has created a much higher awareness of our work and what we have to offer.

Pros

It is just too easy to use and manage as an administrator. It is really an excellent communication, collaboration, and marketing platform that enables us to grow and reach our audience seamlessly.

Cons

I do wish I could cross post between subgroups and the main page.

Reasons for Switching to Crowdstack Pro

User experience was not great. Support was not great. And it had a fairly clunky feel.

Response from Social Strata

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much, Aaron!

Briana from The Penny Hoarder

Hoop.la's robust feature set makes it a game changer!

Hoop.la has definitely given us the opportunity to create a very exclusive community for our members. I will admit that the RightStart process was not as intuitive as I'd hoped, and it's more of a "learn as you go" type of experience, but we're super excited with what we're going to be able to accomplish!

Pros

The robust set of features and customization is incredibly attractive. The sky is the limit when it comes to creating an environment exactly how you envisioned it.

Cons

The backend of the site could be a lot more intuitive. There are lots of workarounds that you need to do in order to implement certain actions. It's critical that you have a staff of Dev and Design cohorts working on this project - the functionality of Hoop.la on its own is not enough.

Response from Social Strata

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Briana!

January 2015

Hoop.la makes it so easy!

We completed an exhaustive search for the solution to our secure partner portal. We had a clear list of requirements that we needed, and we shared those requirements with a variety of vendors. We narrowed it down to three vendors. The demonstration of Hoop.la was the third we completed. Because I work for a large, name brand company, the other two vendors were too busy trying to upsell into the larger organization, and didn't take the time to find out what I was looking for and needed. They had an agenda that I wasn't really part of. Not Hoop.la. Their agenda was to understand what we wanted, and show us how to do it. Hoop.la listened to our needs, clearly demonstrated how to do what we needed, answered millions of questions and made suggestions about best practices. The contract and pricing process was simple, the setup was quick and the ongoing customer support is incredible. We had our portal ready to done in record time. A great experience at the beginning, middle and I don't see an end in sight! We use Hoop.la to run multiple partner groups, all of which are interrelated under the larger organization of strategic alliances, but all offer unique solutions. As a result, we opted to use hidden groups that fall under the umbrella of our larger all-inclusive partner portal, but provide the ability for each partner type to quickly access only the information that is most relevant for their needs. We are adding new partners regularly and appreciate how easy it is to add new groups and make them usable in short order. Because we had scoped out a phased approach, we needed the ability to turn on or off features that we aren't currently using - without having to re-architect the entire portal. Even more Hoop.la is constantly innovating, so we are pleased to see new features rolled out before we can even ask for them to be considered.

Pros

Easy to use once you get over a short learning curve. Our team is not technical, and we have limited technical support from the larger team, yet we had no problem getting things up and running.

Cons

User documentation could be better, especially in the area of registration and enrollment and theme creation.

Response from Social Strata

Replied January 2015

Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We love working with you.

Caitlin from Pivotal New Mexico

Customer Service is Amazing!

Pros

Crowdstack has helped us determine the best options for our online community. They have been a wonderful resource and very responsive to emails and questions as we look to expand our community reach!

Cons

The product takes a bit of time to get familiar with, but it's definitely worth it!

Response from Social Strata

Replied June 2020

Your team is so wonderful to work with, thank you for sharing your experience!

November 2015

Rich from OGR Publishing, Inc.

November 2015

A lot of "hoopla" about Hoop.la!

We have used the Hoop.la platform for our On-Line forum (ogrforum.ogaugerr.com) for many years. Our forum serves over 9 million pages per month, and the Hoopla server infrastructure handles that traffic level with ease. Our members (over 17,000 of them) love the platform. I rarely get complaints about problems, and when I do it is usually a problem on the member's computer. On the rare occasions when I have needed to contact Hoopla Tech Support, their typical response time is measured in MINUTES. The Hoopla Tech Reps are competent, professional and they really KNOW their product. I have never had a problem they could not solve, or show me how to solve myself via an admin feature I didn't know about. Their Tech Support forum is well organized and easy to use. Overall, I give Hoopla an A+. We are very satisfied customers.

Response from Social Strata

Replied December 2015

Thank you very much, Rich, for being part of our Hoop.la family.

February 2015

Gigi

February 2015

Hoop.la ROCKS our Community

We converted to Hoop.la for our online community platform during 3Q14 and could not be happier! Hoop.la is used by our non-profit patient community to connect for support about their disease and for educational programs we offer. We are just beginning to scratch the surface of Hoop.la's capabilities and look forward to offering more online chats and further customization to suit our community's needs. Hoop.la support has been there with us every step of the way.

Pros

Great support staff LOTS of customization available Intuitive for our end users to set up and use their accounts Flexible and scalable

Cons

Required a bit more tutorial in the beginning than I expected (that may be an end-user Con, not a Hoop.la Con!)

Response from Social Strata

Replied February 2015

We're so pleased to be part of your important mission! Thank you!

Neil from Rotation.org Inc

Great product, Amazing Company

My online community, rotation.org, has been using Social Strata's various community software services since 2001. They latest version, Hoop.la, is terrific for those who want a serious community message board that looks modern, user-friendly and is always being improved. And their latest version is fully responsive, which puts them ahead of all their competitors. But the best thing about them is their company. They're quick to respond, open to suggestions, and focused on customer care.

Response from Social Strata

Replied December 2015

Thanks so much Neil!

Ashley from Renegade, LLC

January 2015

What's all the Hoop.la about?

We’ve been using Hoop.la as a part of our B2B Client’s loyalty offering for almost a year, and couldn’t be more satisfied. For our client, it’s been a great platform for showcasing knowledge about how small businesses can leverage technology to help their businesses thrive. Members have access to stories and wisdom about particular topics, and can interact with each other to share experiences. We have used it to showcase both curated and original content.

Response from Social Strata

Replied January 2015

Thank you so much Ashley!

KC from Skuid

Hoop.la has great features

This product is ahead of the game in terms of cool new features and presentation. I am new to Hoop.la and have enjoyed the product.

Response from Social Strata

Replied April 2017

Thanks very much KC! I appreciate you sharing your experience!

December 2015

jane from acesconnection.com

December 2015

Excellent platform, absolutely outstanding service

I'm so happy since we switched to Hoop.la last year. I love the platform, and the new responsive site even more. And you can't beat their customer service. They're quick to respond, and work with you to figure out glitches.

Response from Social Strata

Replied December 2015

You rock, Jane! Thank you.