• icon"They guide you step-by-step through the process of app design, populating an app, and getting it ready for launch. Great tech-support staff."
  • icon"I think the organization of this software is great, its clean, straight to the point and its user friendly."
  • icon"It is a great platform, similar to a social media platform but more intentional and great for a variety of communities, campaigns, and research."
  • icon"It is a little bit expensive if you are just building your subscriber ship. It’s unfortunately the reason we ended up Migrating to a new platform."
  • icon"I have really not run over anything I don't care for. In case there is a component missing they are available to add it."
  • icon"CMS is still relatively new so doesn't all of the short cuts you would want."

All Disciple Reviews

Ryan K

Excellent product and service!

The sales process with Mo was easy and not pushy. Very clear and easy to comprehend and the service with my account rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been phenomenal.

Pros

The Disciple platform has allowed us to connect and share information like never before. We were previously using a Wordpress members site and tried every forum and app program under the sun. We tried Buddypress, bbPress, Peepso, WP-Foro, Appresser, Mobiloud, Bizness Apps, AppyPie, you name it, we tried it. We tried all the cheap options and once we committed to Disciple, it's been a smooth ride ever since.

Cons

Disciple is still fairly new and while everything works perfectly and we've had zero issues, they are still behind a little on features including admin design control and ability to turn off and on different features. Each update has brought on welcomed enhancements and upgrades though, so I expect it will all work out. The company is also based out of London, so communication can be a challenge for us as we are in the U.S with different time zones.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

Overall functionality and ease of setup. The others weren't as plug and play ready out of the box.

Erika

Industry: Photography

The best decision our company has made!

We were very frustrated with the user experience of Facebook groups and felt very limited by Facebook's rules. All of our members who have joined our app since launching have said that they love the app more than Facebook. They love the clean and user friendly interface! We are happy that we're able to connect with our community in a more meaningful way and bring them educational resources and other things that we'd have never thought of doing inside Facebook's groups feature.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to set up our own private community. Disciple has been very easy to work with, and they handled all the actual set up for us which freed us up to be able to be creative with the look and feel of our private community. I love not having to fight with Facebook's algorithm anymore because that means our members actually see the content that we're publishing into our community!

Cons

The inability to livestream from desktop is probably what I like the least, I would love the ability to screen share while going live from desktop to share course material or other things during our live videos.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

Disciple's features seemed to be more what we were looking for. Disciple was also much more reasonable as far as pricing for the app feature which was very important to us.

Reasons for switching to Disciple

We felt very limited by what we were able to do with Facebook groups and felt frustrated by the low reach we would get and having to fight the algorithm to get our posts seen by our members. We love that we can make our own rules for our community and not have to be beholden to the rules of Facebook's platform.

Hayley

Fab product, only let down by tech issues & poor attitude from support

The onboarding process was great. Our Community Specialist and then our Community Success Manager were both absolutely fantastic; really helpful and responsive. The app had some technical issues which we would expect initially, but these have been ongoing and feedback tells us that this has resulted in some people leaving or not using the app. When I personally experienced an issue with a long load time that led to me not using the app for a while. I was given instructions to: log out and quit the app; power-cycle your device; go to Setting on your device and find Quiet Connections app in the list at the bottom of this view; turn on the toggle for Clear data on next launch; then reopen Quiet Connections, log back in and test if the issue persists. When I shared that this worked for me and asked if they were working on a solution because a) I felt it was unprofessional to tell our users to go through this process and b) our users are socially anxious so they would not even attempt to reach out to resolve an issue like this (they would just leave), The Manager of the Support told me: "customers DO reach out" and "I'm fairly certain that you're familiar with the tv show "IT Crowd", it's great don't get me wrong, however, as someone with more than 10 years of experience in the tech support field it pains me it made the public assume that power-cycling ("have you tried turning it off and on again") is just a gag or even worse, it's perceived as "unprofessional"."

Pros

We loved how quickly this app was ready to go. It was the ideal solution to connect our community when the UK went into lockdown and our support groups had to stop. We most like the forum, private messaging, and post scheduling features. The ability to create and arrange folders has been helpful too.

Cons

There have been a number of technical issues that have resulted in people not using the app, such as it taking a long time to load or suddenly closing down; or the buttons and text being colours that meant they couldn't be seen on certain phones whereas they were working fine on others. There were issues with the welcome email displaying incorrectly, that meant we had to use plain text. Initially we were surprised to find that people's messages could be shared outside of the app, but this function was updated when we asked.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

The sales team were highly responsive and helpful and we preferred the idea of going with a UK based company.

Response from Disciple Media

Hi Hayley, thank you so much for your feedback. It's great to hear that you found it quick and easy to get set up, and that you're enjoying all the features our platform offers your community! We take any issues with the app really seriously and investigate any issues that you're having, as we really don't want our users to be experiencing crashes or slow load times. Our team works to isolate and test issues on Android and iOS to find solutions appropriate to the operating system. We've rectified the temporary issue with button colours on some devices and have updated the app so that you can now send a private message to welcome new members on board (rather than an email), which is proving to help engagement! If you need any further help, please get in touch with our team at help@disciplemedia.com and we'll do our best to support you. Best wishes, The Disciple Team

Padraig Joseph

August 2022

Quality Product - Great Value For Money

Fantastic! The customer service has been impeccable. I spent 3 months researching dozens of different platforms and Disciple is head and shoulders above the rest.

Pros

The member directory using customisable user profile fields is very powerful. The livestreaming functionality is the best in the market (especially now that RTMP is available). Having a stand-alone independent platform (with the option to white label) was the game changer.

Cons

Profile images are optional - I'd prefer them to be compulsory.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

It's the most intuitive and easy to set up platform in the market.

Response from Disciple Media

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback Padraig Joseph, we are delighted that your app has been a game changer! That's exactly how we want all our customers to feel. We're so happy to be on this journey with you and look forward seeing your community continue to thrive. Best wishes, The Disciple Team

Alex

Disciple is an awesome product

The overall experience has been exceptional, customer support from Disciple is very good. Response times are brilliant and it does feel that they go the extra mile to ensure that issues are quickly resolved.

Pros

Disciple is feature rich. The team is very clear about the road map, and the users can have a say on the priority of the features being built which is really great. In the 6 months that I have been using the product, there are constant updates and improvements. The software is very easy to use. Great community to help resolve problems and help support oprate and set up your community.

Cons

Some of the integration applications or interfaces can be clunky, not always seamless. In comparison to other solutions, it's quite expensive.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

Disciple was able to provide the quickest route to start my community and with all the features it has, it was an easy choice.

Jeffrey

July 2022

A community platform ready to go!

Fantastic. From my first sales call, to my first onboarding call - the team has been amazing. The Collective is a great asset for new customers.

Pros

It is pretty intuitive - especially if you understand the model (which you can get a great taste of by using The Collective.

Cons

Still struggling with the menu/folders functionality. Not entirely clear how to set this up the way I want. This is probably the area most admins will have to generate the most amount of content for - so would be helpful to have extreme clarity on how this works.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

I looked at others not listed here as well. Disciple had the features/functionality most aligned with the vision I had for this community. It also is an established company, with a great support team and system.

Response from Disciple Media

Hi Jeffery, Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. It's great to hear that you are finding your platform intuitive and powerful. There is some guidance available on the menu/folder functionality here: https://resources.disciplemedia.com/en/how-do-i-decide-on-my-app-menu You can also always pop a question in The Collective for a quick response from our team and other customers! We look forward to seeing your community continue to go from strength to strength! Best wishes, The Disciple Team

Nicole

July 2022

Solid community for the cost

Overall, we have had a good experience with Disciple. We use this as an app based community to support our members and it allows them a good space to connect that feels native to our brand.

Pros

We have had a good experience with Disciple overall. There are some features lacking, but it seems that they are continually working to have a better product. Customer support has been great. I love the ability to have a white labeled mobile app community that feels like an app native to our brand. The cost is also very affordable as compared to other platforms.

Cons

There are definitely some areas that need to be improved. You aren't able to add events to outside calendars (such as google calendar), time zones don't sync with the user, there are limitations as to what you are able to add within the community and formatting.

Reasons for switching to Disciple

The ability to have a white labeled mobile app community that fit within our budget needs.

Catarina

Why I chose Disciple Media

My Disciple community's main benefit has been building meaningful connections with my members in a more intimate environment. Engagement is also more effortless in this type of platform.

Pros

I especially like the ease of use, features, and functionality of Disciple Media. Its clean design helps to cut much of the noise, and I enjoy the possibility of creating and controlling my rules without having to play by the laws of a third-party platform.

Cons

Compared to other competitors, Disciple media misses many integrations like Zapier and other third-party apps with automation services.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

The design, the Collective community app, and team, and the Disciple Media customer support.

Laura

Disciple helped us to finally launch our community

Pros

Disciple is very easy to implement, customize and launch! We were ready to launch in 2 weeks and had the first users coming in right after. The feedback from the community is positive, most find it easy to use, intuitive and sleek design.

Cons

There are some features that are missing to build an even stronger community - like 1:1 video chats, group video chats. With a content heavy community, it would also be great if members could bookmark articles, save them in their profiles and experience a more customized environment.

Reasons for switching to Disciple

Disciple had a much better value for money proposition.

Paula

Everything in one place!

Pros

We love having all of our members in our Disciple App! Member engagement is soaring and we've grown to 1000 members in just 4 months. It's so easy to use on the front end and the back end.

Cons

Renewals are tough. Many times renewals get rejected in stripe which makes it frustrating for admins and members. This may be a stripe issue but another payment outlet might work better.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

It seemed more user friendly and offered everything we were looking for in a customized app.

Virginia

February 2022

3 years and still going!

Honestly, it's been awesome. I work closely with them and they, me. I feel like I'm a part of the community and have a voice in the improvements being made. This company is absolutely amazing and beats so many that take a more cookie-cutter approach.

Pros

What I love most is that this is a true solution to having my own native app without spending 50k to hundreds of thousands to have something that is completely my own. It's been amazing to work with the Disciple team. They are truly there to serve me as a client. I have a dedicated success manager that works with me and is super helpful with some of the regular needs of keeping compliant and up to date with Apple and google play.

Cons

Since this is a smaller companies the rate at which new functions comes out is slow. But, I've found it's worth the wait. They listen, and I've been heard with many features released that I have requested.

Alex

Industry: Music

Disciple Review from Full Circle Music

It has been good overall. During the process of getting our app created I will say I wasn't happy about the speed of communication and Disciple working with Apple on our behalf. We had a tight deadline which was communicated on the front end, so I would have liked Disciple to be more aggressive in resolving issues that Apple had with the app. There have also been a few things that are frustrating that can't be changed like URLs for example. But I will say support has been great at helping with what they can help with.

Pros

We really like the member directory and badges features. We also love that we have our own app and the amount of control we have on the backend. The simple, sleek design is easy to navigate.

Cons

There are still some things that aren't as customizable as we would like. Here are a few examples: Not being able to upload mp3s. Not being able to send files in DMs. Search ability isn't great. When you search you should be able to see any post from any group you are in that has that content. Not being able to turn on the "connect" option for DMs. No timestamps on messages. Not being able to change the thumbnail on video uploads.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

The fact that we could have our own app, it is a simple sleek design and easy to navigate, it has badges and a member directory, the onboarding process auto fills out profiles, we have a lot of control on the backend.

Reasons for switching to Disciple

Mighty Networks was missing a few features like badges and a member directory that we felt we really important to our community.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Fantastic app platform has brought our community to life

Great product - well designed, reliable, flexible, community-focused and easy to use. And supported by a great team too - super helpful and responsive, giving time generously whenever needed and going above and beyond to investigate issues when needed.

Pros

Proven and well-designed platform which great functionality which allowed us to launch a high quality app for our community with minimal effort and maximum impact. We had high hopes and the results have exceeded our expectations. Our community loves using the app, it gets great engagement and the support from the Disciple team has been first class. Highly recommended

Cons

When we first launched there were a few minor quirks and potential areas for improvement, as with any application. But Disciple has already rolled out enhancements for most of these and seems to have a strong pipeline of upcoming changes which will further enhance the user experience too.

Reasons for choosing Disciple

We had been approached by various app developers and the Disciple offer was the first one that really seemed to meet our needs in a way which was affordable and practical for us.

Emma

Industry: Photography

Best alternative to Facebook groups

Disciple gives me a safe place for my community to meet, with no data mining, no tracking, no third party ads. It's a clean interface, easy to schedule, and with improvements being added every month.

Pros

It's ready to go straight out of the box. I wanted an alternative to Facebook groups that was private and functional. My community love the new space - I was worried about making the switch but should have done it years ago. Very easy on-boarding but many layers to the software so you can develop it in a way that suits your community. Lots of help from the Disciple team - I've had an issue sorted out within an hour at 8pm on a Friday evening.

Cons

Disciple have already addressed my main concern - there used to be no formal way to suggest improvements but now we have our own app for community managers to discuss improvements.

Reasons for switching to Disciple

Privacy, no ads, wanted to own platform.

Craig