All Discord Reviews

1-25 of 421 Reviews

Sort by

Reviews are by default sorted by Recommended to software buyers, driven by our proprietary algorithm reflecting the depth and quality of the review, recency of experience, and other factors. As a neutral reviews platform, the star rating of the review is not considered in the "Recommended" ranking, and there is currently no voting mechanism that would allow site visitors to influence the ranking.
User Profile

Joelle

Verified reviewer

Animation, 51-200 employees

Used daily for more than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra
This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed November 2022

I Use Discord Every Day

I've used the basic version of Discord (no Nitro or anything fancy like that) for years now, and more recently have been using it for work due to Covid. It's been a great way to keep in touch in all cases. It's fast and easy and rarely goes down.I've also had the opportunity to moderate on a couple of servers. While there are certain very specific things that I wished were available, there was still a lot of room to personalize and add to the servers, and everything was relatively easy to learn with a few quick google searches.

PROS

It is my main method of communicating with friends and family. Overall, it's fast to setup and easy to use, especially when you've had a few weeks to get used to the format.

CONS

There are limitations for group chats and video channels. I don't know if you can get rid of these by paying, but they can be annoying when you want to get a group together but have one or two too many participants.

Reasons for switching to Discord

My friend switched for personal reasons and I wanted to stay in touch with them. I used both for a while and then more and more people in my friend circle started switching for Discord, so I made the switch for good.

Igor

Consumer Electronics, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2022

Discord has all the communication tools you need!

I am really happy that after years of using Discord i can use it not just for gaming. Lately I've been using it as learning/study group tool which helps in discussions and sharing of materials. Discord is really versatile and helps you take care of day to day tasks.

PROS

Easy to use and functional. There are not many other products that are jam packed with features like Discord. No matter what you want - chat, voice call or screen sharing you can have it. And integration with games works flawlessly.

CONS

At this point i have not found anything wrong with this product, it works really well and stable.

Reason for choosing Discord

Discord had everything packed in one product. Chat, voice, video, gaming, channels, discussions. There is no other product that has everything combined like this.

It didn't have all the options that we needed in one product.

Tyson

Building Materials, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed November 2023

A Platform for seamless communication and collaboration.

I appreciate what Discord provides and my overall experience with the platform it offers a wide range of feature like voice and video calls, text messaging, and the ability to create customize severs.

PROS

I really enjoy the seamless communication and collaboration features of Discord. It allows me to easily connect with friends, join communities, and engage in voice and video calls.

CONS

I appreciate the good side of Discord but my concern was about the occasional presence of toxic behavior or harassment within certain communities.

Anonymous

10,000+ employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2024

Good software gone bad

Discord essentially stole the idea of "Skype" and "Slack" and put them together, delivering a gamer-centric VOIP solution and, later, a wonderful siloed social platform. however as it burns through money Discord resorted to push "Nitro" which brough value by pay-walling otherwise freely avilable functionality in other platforms (screen sharing, streaming, emojis, etc). leading to a poor experience and slowed performance to the average user. An alternative "Guilded.gg" does the same job better and is here to stay as they are owned and operated by Roblox Inc.

PROS

It is the world's most popular consumer messenger It is fast, cross-platform, and reasonably secure

CONS

- No customer protection against doxxing, harassment, or financial fraud. - Corporation is biased to leftist agenda and will engage in political election interference.

Discord was great until you discovered its failing business practices. So, if you value your customers and information, you should consider a product with better safety compliance and responsive support service when things go south.

User Profile

ERIC EMMANUEL SANTOS

Verified reviewer

Animation, 11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed November 2023

Fanatic DISCORD user.

PROS

Available/accessible worldwide, real time and high quality communication for video and non-video calls, can be linked with several user at the same time, can be used/install with minimal computer/mobile specs. requirement, very helpful in conducting online class teaching/discussions and also for gaming.

CONS

So far, I don't have any downside experience with Discord, happy and satisfied with this application.

User Profile

Franco Miguel

Verified reviewer

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2022

Next Gen Communication Tool

Overall, Discord enables me to be more expressive when interacting with people - which makes me feel more included in the communities that I join in, and makes me feel more connected to other people in the servers that I manage.

PROS

Discord is the best app for joining or building communities, both as a user or an admin. Discord nitro and server boosting are amazing features that 10x your experience within Discord. Stickers and custom emojis can be used on different servers. The video and streaming quality is amazing.

CONS

One thing that's a bit of a bother is the fact that you can't minimize the channel/messages bar on the left side, which can be distracting when using the streaming feature. The only way to hide it is using the full-screen feature.

It's easier and more efficient to manage communities on discord as an admin of a community.

Pierre

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed December 2022

I use discord EVERYDAY !

Discord and intuitive and offers a very pleasant user experience. The free version is more than enough and offers many features. The smartphone version is very successful. I myself am an administrator of a Discord server and I love using the application on a daily basis.

PROS

- The free version already offers a lot of customization possibilities- Custom emotes to react to messages- Discord is smooth and reliable to use- Its dark mode and colors are pleasing to the eye- UX and UI is good

CONS

There's not really anything I like less about Discord apart from the rights management that I find a bit complicated to understand when you're a server administrator.

Because discord is for me the most successful tool that includes all the features I need.

Anonymous

501-1,000 employees

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Started using Discord for fun, ended up using it for work

My overall experience with Discord couldn't be better. Discord is a complete, straight-forward tool that ease groups communication.

PROS

Discord is a complete tool for communication. We are using it as the main channel for projects communication. The possibility to create channels for specific groups of people is a key feature that, although it is not exclusive to Discord (Slack also has such a feature), it turns team communication management much easier.

CONS

Since it has many, many features, sometimes it is hard to find exactly what you are looking for.

Slack does not offer the option to store channels messages for a long time (in its free version).

User Profile

Ekrem

Verified reviewer

Translation and Localization, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2022

Discord is the best software for hanging out with friends online.

Discord is a really easy to use software, i was able to chat with my friends in text or voice chat. Discord also is a cool software to meet some new people.

PROS

I like Discord because i can chat with my friends in text or voice chat. I can create groups, servers as i like.

CONS

More discord servers can be set up around the world so ping problems could be lowered.

Skype was getting old, Discord was becoming worldwide, easier to use and there was more to do than Skype.

Anonymous

201-500 employees

Used weekly for more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed December 2021

Discord is not just for gamers - it’s actually a great platform for remote work

I really like it! My overall experience is nothing but good!

PROS

I use Discord for gaming like everyone else and it does that so well. I honestly also prefer to use it for remote meetings and demonstrations etc because it is actually far better to use than Zoom. The interface is easier to understand, much cleaner and more pleasing to the eye than Zoom. It seems more reliable and stable than Zoom. It is hard to get other people to use it this way as they don’t see it as a business platform - which it isn’t but it can fill that role really well and it does all this for free.

CONS

There isn’t anything about Discord that I don’t like, it really is an excellent solution.

I still have to use Zoom but for my team I prefer to use Discord because it just works better.

Hollie

Public Safety, 201-500 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2024

Discord Review

PROS

I enjoy the ability to contact people world wide. It's like the new chat rooms in the 2020s. This has not been intergraded into my company as of yet, but its on our list of possible communication pieces for advertising our services. Having the capability to speak to our clients in a text format will help those with busy lives and still have the capability to receive care.

CONS

Cons are the current uses of Discord. It does not contain the most professional atmosphere. I'm sure this will change in future updates. This site is also used mainly for the video gaming community. A great way for gamer communication but it seems it has more potential then how its being used.

Lyiana

Retail, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2024

Cool and nice

PROS

I can talk to big influencers and my friends

CONS

I don’t like how the sounds it makes when people text should change the sound

Jeremy

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2022

Discord > all other group chat and video conferencing platforms

I have used discord from everything from a small 10-30 group of friends just messing around and hanging out to an over 10,000 member military-sim community that hosted events and training virtually on various video games to helping consult and do freelance work with video game studios. The last five years of my professional and personal life has been on discord and I can't argue hard enough for how great it is.

PROS

Discord is extremely easy to use and easy to learn. This makes it great for new users to hop on. It also has a simple interface and great audio and video quality. Due to these features, plus the ability for text threads and comment history, it has much greater value than other services such as skype, meet, zoom, etc which are harder to run a large community or startup company in.

CONS

More functionality for subthreads and greater server organization (the left bar) would really improve the already great functionality of Discord.

Discord has a much more "grounded" feel and also has much deeper roots in the video game community making it a great place to setup shop.

Discord is easier to use, has more features, and has better quality audio and video for managing a small community of friends to a large company.

Abdulsalam

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used weekly for more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2022

The Usefulness of Discord

Discord has helped my business by linking me with potential partners to collaborate on for various works. It helped in introducing me to communities that update me on new trends.

PROS

Discord is a great app for getting in touch with like-minded individuals of the same niche while maintaining a friendly yet professional environment. Its forums and communities are helpful and the application has a server and channel system for organized dispensing of information. It helped with my business for finding potential customers and finding quick fixes to any problems I might have encountered through reaching out on the various communities

CONS

Discord could work on their notification system. It is cluttered and does not display accurate information of senders. Also the application's picture-in-picture system negates some of the features while it is active.

It was more detailed in presentation. Customer service was more responsive. The communities and forums were more active and messaging was orderly.

Omlet was only meant for streaming and it was not even really good at that. Its communities were also bland and the app in general was poorly optimized

Paul

Computer Games, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2023

Another contender in the chatting space

First of all, it helped me find my partner that I now cooperate with to create games. Since it has servers, it allows us to create communities without using other apps, which is great.

PROS

Discord is mostly free, the main features are always unlocked and only upgrades to those features/gimmicks are sold with the Discord Nitro. It is really quick and loads relatively fast even on slower internet connections. I love the way servers can be organised and how they look overall, instead of them just being a group chat, they have a lot of voice and normal channels and can categorize them with ease.The biggest difference between the competitors is the fact you can have bots in your servers. They can range from security to party games. They are a great addition for every server and EVERYONE can make one! You just need to know how to code, no special verification or fees required.

CONS

A lot of the newest features are locked behind Nitro. For example, themes. Before the update the only way to customize your app was to use betterdiscord or similar, which was prohibited by the ToS. Now, they have added this feature but it's only available to Discord Nitro users. They have 2 tiers of Discord Nitro. One has a lot less features but also costs less and the normal Nitro has all of the features but also costs more. With the themes you will need to buy the more expensive one.

It has a lot more features than Facebook's counterpart.

Alicia

Fine Art, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2022

Efficient and Affordable Global Communication Manager

It can be overwhelming joining the app if you are automatically in a lot of channels, however if you start from scratch and make your own channels, it is easy to learn the app in a couple trial runs.

PROS

It is free! It is fairly easy to set up and learn. It has the ability to utilize the app for multiple functions and groups. Serves as video chat, mobile chat, group manager, document sharer, and more!

CONS

There is nothing I do not like about discord, it is a phenomenal tool and has been for years

Discord allowed more functionality

Discord allowed more functionality

User Profile

Daniil

Verified reviewer

Program Development, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2023

Discord Overall Review

I use Discord since 2016 and I had no problems with it. I was building communities, helping people setup their Discord Servers, and developing Discord Bots to automate the Moderation of the Servers. However, my account was banned stating 4 different non-related reasons. When I contacted support they basically said that they don't need to explain to me what is the reason for the ban, nor what will happen to my account, owned servers, and subscription. When I sent a ticket with the questions, they simply didn't answer it. My experience is simply personal, so yours can and must differ.

PROS

You can have the best Discord experience without digging into the app functionality too big. You can use it just for friend communications, community, and basically any other way depending on your Discord Server settings and layout

CONS

Security is a big concern right now. I would not recommend this app for companies to transfer important files and sensitive data. The security of communications and information transfer can be compromised by just simply setting up your Discord Server without experience or downloading malicious files or simply scanning a QR code

Anonymous

11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2022

A virtual hangout

I use Discord on a daily basis to talk to my friends and have a chit chat. It is my go to for a friendly chat. Wouldn't swap it out for any other.

PROS

Discord is very easy to use. The software is intuitive and user friendly. You can control the bit rate in voice channels which makes it easier for people with bad signal to communicate. Discord servers are great for community hangouts or friend hangouts. Many software and games have their own community servers in Discord. Moderation is easier and roles can be assigned to people and the things a person can do can be divided into roles. Discord is great for having a chit chat with others and community engagement but I can't really see it being used in a professional environment.

CONS

Uploads are limited unless you buy nitro. Nitro, in my opinion is mainly cosmetic, but the upload size limit can be annoying at times. The compression algorithm can definitely be better as the way I've seen it TeamSpeak has audio compression.

The user interface of TeamSpeak is extremely outdated and it takes a while to get the hang of the software.

User Profile

Roshish

Verified reviewer

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2023

Must Have Software for Gamers

PROS

I use discord all the time while playing games to communicate with my friends. It has no lag issues and extremely reliable. The screen sharing is also top-notch and works better than in any other messaging app. The ability to add bots is quite useful as it can automate tasks.

CONS

Discord Nitro can be a little expensive in my region and the limit of file size when sending files can be annoying.

Aywad

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2023

A Social Place that has a little bit of everything

Discord is a great platform to create a community or to have individual communication based on your needs, as a long time user I've had both awesome and not so awesome experiences on it but its definetly a platform worth using .

PROS

Discord works flawlessly on desktops which is its strong selling point. Discord works as a social messaging app where you get a bit of everything from 1 to 1 messaging, group chats, servers and calls, video calls and live streaming in your calls. It makes quick communication possible to anyone as its free to use.

CONS

The android mobile app is where it lacks performance. It gets laggy, sometimes notifications simply don't pop up, some features are not as polished as it is in desktop. Another downside is the price of its subscription service "Nitro" compared to the benefits it offers, which are mostly cosmetic.

Anonymous

10,000+ employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2022

An amazing messaging platform

PROS

Discord allows users to quickly connect, message, and video call each other. The customizability of servers and roles within the server allow for easy user management and organization. The video calls and screen sharing also make collaboration every easy.

CONS

Discord Nitro and having to pay for certain features (larger images, higher quality screensharing, etc.) can be annoying at times, especially when they have pop-ups to try and get you to purchase it.

Anonymous

10,000+ employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2022

Dedicated Server Chats and Easy Communication

PROS

There’s a massive community available on discord so there’s no limitations for the variety of servers that you can subscribe to. The dedicated bots and ability to assign various moderators open a host of features such as automated responses and keeping chats clean. There’s also excellent reliability when it comes to gaming.

CONS

The bots can be a bit intrusive sometimes and prevent free speech

Rajnish

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Used daily for less than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2022

Best app for gamers and persons looking to improve productivity.

My overall experience with Discord is good.

PROS

The best thing about discord is that it has a lot of server/forums related to productivity, stock market, games, etc. A large number of users can join these forums. Also the one-on-one chat feature of discord is excellent as it allows sharing any type of files of any size. It is an useful app for freelancers as many freelancers use discord to chat with clients. Another good thing about this app is that video chat and audio chat can be done easily and smoothly even if there are a large number of persons in that chat. The audio and video quality never gets compromised. Also, notifications or alerts can be either turned off or customized according to the user.

CONS

The thing I liked least about this software is that the User Interface is not user friendly and it is not easy to use for someone who is new to Discord. Also, there are a lot of cases in which accounts gets hacked after clicking on phishing links.

Juliette

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2022

Working effectively and efficiently on a project with Discord

Overall, Discord is a very good platform. It is convenient and easy to use. It is recommended for students, colleagues, also in the family it is recommended.

PROS

Discord is a good platform to work in. You can use it when writing and executing projects with colleagues. It is also a great place for students who work together in a group on an assignment. What I love the most is the groups you create on the different topics. You can sort the people and put your announcements in the right group. Sharing documents, audios, videos and links is possible as well. Discord can be used on your computer as well as on your mobile phone. You can constantly provide your network with information.

CONS

It doesn't always happen. My experience is that the information you post sometimes gets stuck. Even if you go live, the image will remain.

Advik

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Great Chatting Software

PROS

Easy to use and fast and responsive software/website

CONS

I wish the Discord Nitro cheaper or everyone gets all the Nitro features

Discord features are better