• icon"What I like the most is all the features that Honeycommb has to offer. We've recently used the live feature which worked great."
  • icon"I can firmly say that I am happy with their platform."
  • icon"The software itself is amazing however it is the genuineness of the team behind it that is my absolute favorite attribute."
  • icon"Difficult to customize and didn't have all the latest features that social apps these days might have."
  • icon"Missing some needed features at first but quickly bringing them online."
  • icon"Inability to automatically bring import audience from other networks."

All Honeycommb Reviews

Angela

Best Choice

Fantastic experience! Within days of using it I realized this app was critical to the success of my business.

Pros

This was probably the easiest business choice ever. Honeycommb made the process simple and easy. My service was up and running within a week.

Cons

The service does have a high price tag when you begin to scale.

Response from Honeycommb

Thanks so much, Humble Acres Team!

Nicholas

Great service and a very good community platform for course providers

Overall it has been a good experience and has made a dramatic impact to the quality of service we are able to provide to our members. When we first joined Honeycommb we were using an online forum and knew we needed to change, within an hour of finding Honeycommb we were already on a product demonstration and knew this was the right thing for us. We have had no regrets at all.

Pros

The speed and ease of getting set up were very impressive. The Honeycommb team has been great to work with (we have been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) and are constantly releasing new improvements and features to make the platform even better.

Cons

There are minor features here and there that make it feel this platform isn't yet 100% the finished product, but we were told about certain features not yet being ready before we signed up, so it wasn't a surprise. New features are added that bring the browser version closer to being like the mobile app, but there are some minor things we are still waiting to see being implemented that would tighten up the whole experience.

Reasons for choosing Honeycommb

To be honest, we didn't shop around too much at the time. When we saw Honeycommb it was a no-brainer. A couple of months after joining Honeycommb, a developer we have worked with in the past contacted us to tell us about his new platform, which is very similar to Honeycommb. The price point is a lot lower (80-90% lower) and the community is embedded within your own website better. This was something we considered, but we felt Honeycommb's service, the stability of the platform and the fact that they are constantly improving things was enough reason to stay.

Reasons for switching to Honeycommb

We felt using a forum was a bit dated and didn't give the sort of experience we wanted to provide for our members. We wanted to be able to do things like live streaming, live chat and give a better sense of connection between members and our team.

Tim

Industry: Online Media

Wish I knew before signing up...

This was a situation of not knowing what you don't know, until it's too late. Had we known the things about HC that we learned once we launched, we'd never have moved forward. Although the service was pretty good, it could never overcome their joke of a backend interface and the inability to make wide-reaching adjustments that applied to current members and new ones.

Pros

Clean, modern interface. They do the bulk of the setup.

Cons

The backend management is a joke. So difficult to figure out what should be easy things. Some things you can't even do without them. Their feed is confusing and you don't have much control over how people interact with the feed (logic is sorely lacking). It was a steep, steep learning curve, as a result (for Admins and members).

Reasons for switching to Honeycommb

Disciple is a FAR superior option to Honeycommb. It's not even close.

Aziz

September 2022

Honeycommb is our internal social network

Pros

Comprehensive features of Honeycommb enabled us to create our own internal social hub specific to our organization.

Cons

Honeycommb should be improved with more features and pricing could be cheaper.

Grace

The smoothest experience ever

Pros

I usually tackle any new product I venture into using with a lot skepticism. Throughout, I was thinking, where's the catch? But nothing, no catch. They are a team of amazing, super helpful people, they are on top of their game, beyond responsive. When they set my app, it was so quick, with no complications and the feedback and fixes for my approval were so quick. Every penny I pay, I feel good about because the product is great, the service is awesome, the people behind the product and the service are real people who are kind and very supportive. Best decision I've ever made to go with them

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it :)

Reasons for choosing Honeycommb

They werr very responsive when I asked questions on their chat and I was talking to a human and not a bot. They also did not make me feel stupid

Reasons for switching to Honeycommb

Price, terms, service, delivery times, human element

Karagan

March 2022

It's been amazing - but becoming quickly outdated.

Pros

I've absolutely loved my experience with honeycomb. It was extremely fast to get set up with an app for our community, and it has been a success. We've been using it for over a year though, and a lot of the promise features have not shown up. Since we've signed up, a lot of new communities have come to fruition… And seem to have a lot more features and better organization than honeycomb. With that said, they are open to feedback and are working on a lot of things… And still a solid choice with good pricing if you are looking to start a community app

Cons

We had a pretty horrible account manager for the first year, and now we go directly through their customer support. With an app at this price, it is helpful to have someone direct to speak to and give suggestions on how to improve the app proactively versus having to reach out to a support team. Additionally, we are waiting patiently for new features to come out and just keep seeing some small features show up that in the grand scheme of things don't really improve the app experience. There is limited ability to customize, integrate and improve the app on the customer ends.

Jelske

Industry: Music

The base

Our experience with Honeycommb is amazing. Our succesmanager is really invested from the start and that gave us so much trust in what we were developing together. It's really teamwork when you work with Honeycommb!

Pros

What I like the most is all the features that Honeycommb has to offer. We've recently used the live feature which worked great. We love the group and group chat features. But overall we are just really happy with the fact that the members can post there own content.

Cons

The one thing that we miss in the software are more payment options. We are operating from Europe (The Netherlands) and over here we are not used to using creditcards. We are happy with the options of Apple and google pay. But unfortunately The Netherlands is one of the few country's that isn't supporting google pay. That leaves Apple Pay and creditcard as payment options. We would love to see Ideal or Sepa edited to the possibilities as for we know that we will get more paying users if we have those options.

Reasons for choosing Honeycommb

The main reason was the investment. Creating an app from scratch is a huge investment that we didn't want to make. We've got to experience the work of Honeycommb with the Little monsters app from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. From the start we were really enthusiastic about it and we could immediately see what creating an app with Honeycommb could mean for us.

Giovanni

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

A community builder who thinks with you

I've selected Honeycommb from a dozen competitors and they are by far the best. Their customer support is fantastic and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me from the beginning with every single step of the road. It has been such a pleasure working with them and I am always wowed by the amount of cool features they have. Setup was easy and painless, and now it's on us to build the biggest community for innovators in the world ;)

Pros

Looks and feels super professional and different. It is really what it claims to be, a white label fully functional social network.

Cons

The backend needs extra support to look a bit better, it's slightly underwhelming for the admin because the front end for the user looks amazing. I mean, it doesn't really matter because your user will never see it, but I wish it looked a bit nicer.

Sara

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Such a great company!

We love having a dedicated app for our community to be able to connect. There’s so much more we’re looking forward to implementing through our Honeycommb app, and I’m glad we have the Honeycommb team to help.

Pros

We love the ability to connect without ads or the noise of politics and other issues that arise often with social media. We also love the customer support. The people at Honeycommb are fast with replies and are very helpful navigating any issues.

Cons

The price is steep for our new organization but we know the value so we have invested no problem.

Brandon

Industry: Publishing

March 2022

Amazing platform.

I came from a competing product which I was satisfied with on another project but after using Honeycommb I am glad I made the switch. The most important and key thing I need to mention is that the customer service is outstanding. From sales call to launching your product you have help every step of the way. Even on off hours and weekends I still received relatively fast responses and they truly cared about my project.

Pros

The best part about Honeycommb was the overall ease of use. Anybody is able to jump on and easily figure things out without being intimidated.

Cons

There were a few items I “wish” we had but nothing was critical to the operation or goal of our program.

Robert

Great community app!

Love the folks at Honeycommb. Great support and resources.

Pros

Easy to use, terrific support. Great user experience.

Cons

No cons, it’s great. We have had a very positive experience.

Reasons for choosing Honeycommb

US based company and support team.

Ashton

Amazing App Platform

Honeycommb gave our app much more depth, speed and support. Couldn't have done it without Honeycommb!

Pros

Their ability to scale and cover an end to end solution for a variety of architectures. They have fantastic audience insights and their customer service is also incredible!

Cons

The UX is great, but sometimes requires a bit of a learning curve.

Response from Honeycommb

It's been a pleasure to work with you, Ashton!

Replied July 2019

Excellent tool for holistic communication within a large community

I highly recommend Honeycommb without reservation. The whole experience has been extremely professional on every level and the app/technology feels very exclusive and cutting edge.

Pros

The inter-connectivity and the ability to reach members on a number of different platforms (chat, post, direct message, etc...). Also, the ability to set up different groups and sub-groups within the community of users.

Cons

Some older users struggled with certain aspects of the technology.

Response from Honeycommb

Appreciate your feedback, Chris!

Alexis

Love the Savings

Free, easy and great way to save money without the hassle!

Pros

I love how easy this addon is to attach to your Google chrome. Super easy to find new savings for yourself.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't find coupons even if there are some available. I've noticed this a few times but oh well.

Kritza

I enjoy it and will continue to use it.

Pros

I enjoy that I use it without an issue. Shows.me the best deals.

Cons

Too many notifications. But this can be easily fixed.

Chad