All Honeycommb Reviews

1-25 of 32 Reviews

Sort by

Reviews are by default sorted by Recommended to software buyers, driven by our proprietary algorithm reflecting the depth and quality of the review, recency of experience, and other factors. As a neutral reviews platform, the star rating of the review is not considered in the "Recommended" ranking, and there is currently no voting mechanism that would allow site visitors to influence the ranking.
User Profile

Giovanni

Verified reviewer

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 201-500 employees

Used daily for less than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2020

A community builder who thinks with you

I've selected Honeycommb from a dozen competitors and they are by far the best. Their customer support is fantastic and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me from the beginning with every single step of the road. It has been such a pleasure working with them and I am always wowed by the amount of cool features they have. Setup was easy and painless, and now it's on us to build the biggest community for innovators in the world ;)

PROS

Looks and feels super professional and different. It is really what it claims to be, a white label fully functional social network.

CONS

The backend needs extra support to look a bit better, it's slightly underwhelming for the admin because the front end for the user looks amazing. I mean, it doesn't really matter because your user will never see it, but I wish it looked a bit nicer.

Nicholas

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2020

Great service and a very good community platform for course providers

Overall it has been a good experience and has made a dramatic impact to the quality of service we are able to provide to our members. When we first joined Honeycommb we were using an online forum and knew we needed to change, within an hour of finding Honeycommb we were already on a product demonstration and knew this was the right thing for us. We have had no regrets at all.

PROS

The speed and ease of getting set up were very impressive. The Honeycommb team has been great to work with (we have been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) and are constantly releasing new improvements and features to make the platform even better.

CONS

There are minor features here and there that make it feel this platform isn't yet 100% the finished product, but we were told about certain features not yet being ready before we signed up, so it wasn't a surprise. New features are added that bring the browser version closer to being like the mobile app, but there are some minor things we are still waiting to see being implemented that would tighten up the whole experience.

Reason for choosing Honeycommb

To be honest, we didn't shop around too much at the time. When we saw Honeycommb it was a no-brainer. A couple of months after joining Honeycommb, a developer we have worked with in the past contacted us to tell us about his new platform, which is very similar to Honeycommb. The price point is a lot lower (80-90% lower) and the community is embedded within your own website better. This was something we considered, but we felt Honeycommb's service, the stability of the platform and the fact that they are constantly improving things was enough reason to stay.

Reasons for switching to Honeycommb

We felt using a forum was a bit dated and didn't give the sort of experience we wanted to provide for our members. We wanted to be able to do things like live streaming, live chat and give a better sense of connection between members and our team.

Tim

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 6 months

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2021

Wish I knew before signing up...

This was a situation of not knowing what you don't know, until it's too late. Had we known the things about HC that we learned once we launched, we'd never have moved forward. Although the service was pretty good, it could never overcome their joke of a backend interface and the inability to make wide-reaching adjustments that applied to current members and new ones.

PROS

Clean, modern interface. They do the bulk of the setup.

CONS

The backend management is a joke. So difficult to figure out what should be easy things. Some things you can't even do without them. Their feed is confusing and you don't have much control over how people interact with the feed (logic is sorely lacking). It was a steep, steep learning curve, as a result (for Admins and members).

Disciple is a FAR superior option to Honeycommb. It's not even close.

Grace

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2020

The smoothest experience ever

PROS

I usually tackle any new product I venture into using with a lot skepticism. Throughout, I was thinking, where's the catch? But nothing, no catch. They are a team of amazing, super helpful people, they are on top of their game, beyond responsive. When they set my app, it was so quick, with no complications and the feedback and fixes for my approval were so quick. Every penny I pay, I feel good about because the product is great, the service is awesome, the people behind the product and the service are real people who are kind and very supportive. Best decision I've ever made to go with them

CONS

There's nothing I don't like about it :)

They werr very responsive when I asked questions on their chat and I was talking to a human and not a bot. They also did not make me feel stupid

Price, terms, service, delivery times, human element

User Profile

Karagan

Verified reviewer

Retail, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

It's been amazing - but becoming quickly outdated.

PROS

I've absolutely loved my experience with honeycomb. It was extremely fast to get set up with an app for our community, and it has been a success. We've been using it for over a year though, and a lot of the promise features have not shown up. Since we've signed up, a lot of new communities have come to fruition… And seem to have a lot more features and better organization than honeycomb. With that said, they are open to feedback and are working on a lot of things… And still a solid choice with good pricing if you are looking to start a community app

CONS

We had a pretty horrible account manager for the first year, and now we go directly through their customer support. With an app at this price, it is helpful to have someone direct to speak to and give suggestions on how to improve the app proactively versus having to reach out to a support team. Additionally, we are waiting patiently for new features to come out and just keep seeing some small features show up that in the grand scheme of things don't really improve the app experience. There is limited ability to customize, integrate and improve the app on the customer ends.

Jelske

Music, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2021

The base

Our experience with Honeycommb is amazing. Our succesmanager is really invested from the start and that gave us so much trust in what we were developing together. It's really teamwork when you work with Honeycommb!

PROS

What I like the most is all the features that Honeycommb has to offer. We've recently used the live feature which worked great. We love the group and group chat features. But overall we are just really happy with the fact that the members can post there own content.

CONS

The one thing that we miss in the software are more payment options. We are operating from Europe (The Netherlands) and over here we are not used to using creditcards. We are happy with the options of Apple and google pay. But unfortunately The Netherlands is one of the few country's that isn't supporting google pay. That leaves Apple Pay and creditcard as payment options. We would love to see Ideal or Sepa edited to the possibilities as for we know that we will get more paying users if we have those options.

The main reason was the investment. Creating an app from scratch is a huge investment that we didn't want to make. We've got to experience the work of Honeycommb with the Little monsters app from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. From the start we were really enthusiastic about it and we could immediately see what creating an app with Honeycommb could mean for us.

ayoub

Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees

Used daily for more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2023

I loved my experience with the app Honeycommb

Normal problems such as adding languages and improving customer service, as for the benefits, it is easy to use compared to some similar applications

PROS

The application is fast working, does not cost the Internet, and is easy to use, and integration with your existing business processes was easy

CONS

Add multiple languages to benefit different people from different countries

Aziz

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2022

Honeycommb is our internal social network

PROS

Comprehensive features of Honeycommb enabled us to create our own internal social hub specific to our organization.

CONS

Honeycommb should be improved with more features and pricing could be cheaper.

Sara

Civic & Social Organization, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2020

Such a great company!

We love having a dedicated app for our community to be able to connect. There’s so much more we’re looking forward to implementing through our Honeycommb app, and I’m glad we have the Honeycommb team to help.

PROS

We love the ability to connect without ads or the noise of politics and other issues that arise often with social media. We also love the customer support. The people at Honeycommb are fast with replies and are very helpful navigating any issues.

CONS

The price is steep for our new organization but we know the value so we have invested no problem.

Robert

Accounting, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2020

Great community app!

Love the folks at Honeycommb. Great support and resources.

PROS

Easy to use, terrific support. Great user experience.

CONS

No cons, it’s great. We have had a very positive experience.

US based company and support team.

Chad

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2021

Its a Scam.

Feels like a scam. No free trial. No refunds. Pay us. Then we will turn it on. And it won't refund, even when it doesn't work. Can't make this up. Never had such a horrible experience with an American software company before.

PROS

I paid on Thursday. Logged into the backend. Its clunky. Poorly developed and extremely limited. Used the link from the backend to open the front end in Safari. About 20 lines of code ran, then the screen went blank. I refreshed. Nothing. Waited a few minutes thinking maybe they just need to activate it. 20 lines of code then blank again. Perplexed, I switch to Chrome. Same thing. 20 lines of code, then blank. I live in Hawaii, so I thought maybe they went home and I would try again on Friday. Same thing all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. 20 lines of code, then a blank screen. On Sunday I requested a refund. Nothing. Canceled our meeting for Monday. Still no refund. Emailed on Tuesday. Wednesday I got a reply they would not charge me again. I responded requesting a refund since the stupid front end never worked. They emailed back and told me it was working fine on their end. I tried again and magically it worked for me too now. Still would not give a refund. Feature set is limited. Customer support is awful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is something special. Don't waste your time.

CONS

Sales process. They took my money but the site never worked.

I didn't. Their stupid site never worked.

Ashton

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2019

Amazing App Platform

Honeycommb gave our app much more depth, speed and support. Couldn't have done it without Honeycommb!

PROS

Their ability to scale and cover an end to end solution for a variety of architectures. They have fantastic audience insights and their customer service is also incredible!

CONS

The UX is great, but sometimes requires a bit of a learning curve.

Vendor Response

It's been a pleasure to work with you, Ashton!

Replied July 2019

Chris

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2019

Excellent tool for holistic communication within a large community

I highly recommend Honeycommb without reservation. The whole experience has been extremely professional on every level and the app/technology feels very exclusive and cutting edge.

PROS

The inter-connectivity and the ability to reach members on a number of different platforms (chat, post, direct message, etc...). Also, the ability to set up different groups and sub-groups within the community of users.

CONS

Some older users struggled with certain aspects of the technology.

Vendor Response

Appreciate your feedback, Chris!

Replied July 2019

Brandon

Publishing, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Amazing platform.

I came from a competing product which I was satisfied with on another project but after using Honeycommb I am glad I made the switch. The most important and key thing I need to mention is that the customer service is outstanding. From sales call to launching your product you have help every step of the way. Even on off hours and weekends I still received relatively fast responses and they truly cared about my project.

PROS

The best part about Honeycommb was the overall ease of use. Anybody is able to jump on and easily figure things out without being intimidated.

CONS

There were a few items I “wish” we had but nothing was critical to the operation or goal of our program.

Alexis

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2021

Love the Savings

Free, easy and great way to save money without the hassle!

PROS

I love how easy this addon is to attach to your Google chrome. Super easy to find new savings for yourself.

CONS

Sometimes it doesn't find coupons even if there are some available. I've noticed this a few times but oh well.

Kritza

Education Management, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2021

Easy to use

I enjoy it and will continue to use it.

PROS

I enjoy that I use it without an issue. Shows.me the best deals.

CONS

Too many notifications. But this can be easily fixed.

Cassandra

Online Media, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2020

Honeycommb is the future!

The team is very responsive, and thus far, I have not had an issue that has not been addressed.

PROS

Honeycommb's interface is customizable and seamless. Their platform has certainly increased the engagement of my app audience. Further, the team is very responsive to questions and ideas and is always working for its users. I can firmly say that I am happy with their platform.

CONS

I haven't found a reason not to like anything.

Honeycommb offered more than my previous company for their price point.

Vendor Response

Thanks for your feedback, Cassandra! We appreciate your partnership!

Replied January 2020

Anonymous

11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2021

Great Feature That Needs the Cloud

Extremely happy, the only complaint is a very small one. This is great for customer rewards, helps client retention, and helps build a culture as a company.

PROS

I love the promotion/sales based driven aspects to the software. The marketing data is extremely organized and allows for efficient analysis. Very easy interface.

CONS

It doesn't feel like there's any future plans with this company in growing, and really wish they had more than just "data based solutions". If they moved to the cloud, that'd help our company a lot.

Anonymous

11-50 employees

Used weekly for less than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2019

Honeycommb Review

We have used Honeycommb to connect influencers with our target audience, employee engagement, and to build communities or people who share similar interests.

PROS

Meaningful engagement with other community members. Invisible but effective moderation. Build deeper relationships with employees, influencers, and partners.

CONS

Inability to automatically bring import audience from other networks.

Lea

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used weekly for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2021

Honeycommb

PROS

There are a couple of functions that I really like about Honeycommb. To start off, I like that Honeycommb can be used on different devices and apps. I also like that it allows me to work on different platforms at once. I also like the look and feel of the software, including being given the ability to control every element I design.

CONS

The thing I liked the least about this software is the price. After the free version, the price goes up drastically.

Elena

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2019

LittleMonsters.com

PROS

The intregueing content, community culture & values.

CONS

In-Platform administration features still yet to come.

Vendor Response

Thank you, Elena!

Replied July 2019

Elise

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used weekly for less than 6 months

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2020

When You're Learning, You Need the Right Tools!

The customer service has been great. Whenever we have questions or need help we're treated with a sense of urgency, which is ideal. Our customer service contact at Honeycommb is friendly and receptive to passing our suggestion on to the rest of their team.

PROS

The Honeycommb team got us up and running quickly. Having our own white-label app is pretty fancy and Honeycommb helped make achieving our goal of hosting an independent community dedicated to creative entrepreneurs a reality.

CONS

Still things to learn... We're new to operating our own dedicated community so there would be a big learning curve with any software. Considering all the research we did the Pony Friday team is confident we chose the right platform to launch with. And they keep fixing things so we're comfortable with the direction it's all heading.

Company culture and speed in getting to launch.

Dianne

Civic & Social Organization, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

Outstanding

Working with Honeycommb on my app has been a great experience. Very happy I found them!!! Looking forward to all the new things to come from them.

PROS

The speed at which Honeycommb helped me get my app up and running. Customer Service is A+++. Couldn't be happier.

CONS

No cons as of yet!!! Going great!!! Wouldn't change a thing.

After speaking with the rep @ Honeycommb...just felt like the right fit. Not disappointed at all!!!

Justin

Sports, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2020

Loving the app and the team

Our sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing. He was very helpful, informative, and knowledge.

PROS

We just signed up for this app, but we are loving it. It flows every well. It is easy to use. It has a lot of great options.

CONS

We have not found any yet. We have only be live for about a week. So far so good.

Vendor Response

It's been a pleasure working with you, Justin! Thanks for your feedback!

Replied March 2020

Tim

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2020

Fantastic platform for creating social networks

Honeycommb have been excellent to work with. It's a great product and their on-boarding process is very quick and easy

PROS

The easy way to create a fully branded social network. Easy to maintain the content and users

CONS

There's a couple of small improvements to allow posting one message to multiple groups

Forums feel dated compared with Honeycommb

Vendor Response

Thanks very much, Tim! It's a continued pleasure working with you!

Replied January 2020

Showing 1 - 25 of 32 Reviews