• Pros

• "Good Product on Paper. We were looking to use peerboard to build our community presence. "

• "I’m using it for my website+community combination and it looks cool so far. This is an embeddable community platform, so you can easily integrate community into your website. "

• "It's very easy to use, and does the job well."

• Cons

• "I have no complaints about PeerBoard. This is exactly what my business needs. "

• "I haven’t found any bottlenecks in it yet. Maybe, an internal payment system would be a great addition to PeerBoard, but I know that the team is working on it. "

• "la gestion des invitations pourrais etre plus simple"

Browse PeerBoard Reviews

Alina from awarenow.io

Our team fell in love with PeerBoard

PeerBoard allowed us to organize a large community without the costs of the custom buildout. The main benefits are simplicity, friendly UX both for admins and members, and a highly responsive support team.

Pros

PeerBoard is powerful and the most flexible online community software. It provided us with all tools we need to create and grow our community, which we've been contemplating for years but never had developmental resources to build ourselves. We tried some other tools, but PeerBoard is definitely the simplest one. PeerBoard is the place where large group communication became an easy and efficient thing which is mission-critical in 2021.

Cons

There are a few tiny things that can be improved but the PeerBoard team is open to client feedback and continuously improving such things.

Response from Circles Collective

Replied January 2021

Thank you, Alina!

PeerBoard Review: A Power Player in the Online Community Building/Management Space

Overall my experience was very positive as I was able to launch my online community in under 10 minutes on my WordPress website (as they advertised).

Pros

The PeerBoard algorithm puts the high-value posts at the top of the feed based on engagement and recency, so community members never miss an update or the best posts. PeerBoard’s WordPress forum plugin — Embed PeerBoard as a fully customizable page in your WordPress configuration in under 20 minutes. I was genuinely surprised how quickly I was able to set PeerBoard up with my WordPress site. While it takes longer to fine tune all the group and category settings, the initial setup was a breeze. If you have experience connecting software to your website via WordPress plugin, you will easily be able to set up your own site). A complete white label solution— Use your custom theme color, add a logo, customize categories and topics for a fully branded experience. For example, I was able to use my official brand elements (specific hex color purple, logo, and icon). Real time threads — Facilitate valuable in-depth conversations with multi-level real-time discussions.

Cons

The product is still evolving so there are some features that I would like to see added (a few more features to the post editor for example). Also, the free option is somewhat limited compared to the paid plans. The free plan definitely works well enough to experiment with creating an online community. But if you want to host your community on your own site, add paywalled/private content, and/or customize your community’s branding, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.

Response from Circles Collective

Replied February 2021

Maryna from Snovio

All-in-one community platform to build and engage any types of communities

PeerBoard is an excellent choice to handle your community.

Pros

The champion among the community platforms. The feature set is a perfect fit for our community. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly both for administrators and community members. It was not rocket science to start work with PeerBoard and to move our community there. I like that it provides lots of variations of setting up privacy controls and user groups. The support team is highly responsive.

Cons

It would be great to find more deep customization options.

Response from Circles Collective

Replied April 2021

Great Concept. Poor Support

Pros

Cons

Customer Service. Few features don't work as expected.

Alison from GoodSchooling, LLC

A great addition to my membership program!

Overall my experience with PeerBoard has been excellent. I have been particularly happy with their customer service. I was having a terrible time wrapping my head around how to integrate PeerBoard into my membership (the person who recommended it to me made it sound like she had somehow integrated PeerBoard into the membership platform, and I just couldn't see a way to do that without doing a LOT of messing with code, and that's far beyond my understanding). One of the CEOs of PeerBoard actually hopped on a Zoom with me to walk me through the best way to use PeerBoard for my needs! I've also been excited to see them reaching out to users to ask for feedback on specific elements of the program and find out what our experience is and what we'd like to see changed.

Pros

I've been looking for a way to add a community aspect to my homeschooling membership *without* using Facebook. The platform where I house my membership content doesn't have commenting functionality or a forum feature of any kind, so I was trying to find something that I could either connect somehow to that platform or use alongside it. I found PeerBoard through the recommendation of another user of the platform where I house my membership. While it does not integrate directly into my membership platform, it is the perfect "alongside of" forum for my customers! The interface is very simple and clean, and the setup was shockingly simple. I particularly love the fact that I can group members in whatever way I want, like by what product they've purchased, and then create boards that are accessible only to certain groups. I post hyperlinks to our PeerBoard throughout my membership so it's easy for my members to hop over to the forums to ask questions whenever they feel the need. I also post hyperlinks back to the membership platform in the description of each PeerBoard category so members can easily click back to the membership when they're done on the forums. The forums render beautifully on mobile/touch screen device browsers, so regardless of how my members access the boards, their experience is positive.

Cons

There are a couple improvements that I'm looking forward to seeing PeerBoard make in the future. I do hope they'll eventually have an app, and I'd love to also see some kind of indicator on the different categories that shows when there has been activity in that category (new post or new comments on posts). They *do* have a "recent" space on the front page that shows recent activity, but my guess is that there is a limit to the number of posts that will show up there. I'd like to be able to look at the category list and, at a glance, see where posts or comments have been added since I was last there.

Reasons for Choosing PeerBoard

I choose PeerBoard over the other options I'd been considering for a few reasons. First, because they don't have ads. Second, it didn't *require* using an app. (I'd love to see an app option for PeerBoard but definitely wouldn't want it to become ONLY accessible through an app.) Third, the price doesn't change based on the number of users I have. Fourth, if I ever decide to change platforms for my membership, I won't have to change anything with PeerBoard – my members can continue accessing it as normal. Fifth, it doesn't require any kind of coding if you don't care about it being enmeshed with another platform.

Reasons for Switching to PeerBoard

Many of my members are trying to get off social media, so I wanted to make sure there was a way for my members to maintain community with each other without folks feeling like they were going to miss out if they left Facebook. I also did not want to continue supporting a platform that engages in censorship, so I was looking for a way to replicate what I'd had in our Facebook group but on a different platform.

Response from Circles Collective

Replied February 2021

Hi Alison! Thank you so much for such a comprehensive and honest review. We highly appreciate that you are with us!

Chris from Savio Designs

Industry: Online Media

Amazing Software - Easy to Set-up/Simple to Use!! Replaced 4 other modules I was using!

I am a huge fan of this software. I currently have set up and run 5 different PeerBoards. In one use case, it replaced a News, Forum, FAQ, and Highlight Modules. In another use case, I have it set up in a private WP site via the plugin as a Yahoo Groups Replacement. It is a great software to use and implement. I have been able to tailor it to a variety of uses and applications and I look forward to seeing what advancements they come out with!

Pros

Easy to set up! It has a simplicity about it - which is a huge strength! It is not overly bloated with things - it is streamlined to do what it is set up for! I especially like that its simplicity makes it easy for users to know what to do as soon as they sign on! It is pretty easy to "Self-learn" how to use it on the user end. There are also a lot of customization options for the admin to make it look the way you want without compromising the simplicity of the User Experience.

Cons

Integration was pretty easy - the only issue I had was in setting up the SEO - turns out it was a bug on their end and they fixed it very quickly! The things I like least are the limited html editor and image options for posts and the slow load for the WP plugin. Both of these issues are getting fixes and updates, so I don't think I will have those dislikes too much longer!

Reasons for Choosing PeerBoard

The Daily Digests were first thing that brought me to it as it was close to what Yahoo Groups had (I am happy they are adding in the Weekly Digest Option and the No Digest Option. As soon as I started testing it out, I saw its ease of use, simplicity yet powerful features, and knew it was the option I was looking for!

Reasons for Switching to PeerBoard

In one use-case, Yahoo Groups closed and needed a replacement. This is what initially brought me to PeerBoard. Once I set it up for that one, I saw how versatile and easy-to-use it was and used it to replace the PHPJabber Scripts on another site. Then I created 3 more boards for other sites!

Response from Circles Collective

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your review, Chris!

Andrei from 123Formbuilder

Great online community platform

We made the right choice.

Pros

PeerBoard is a great online community platform! This is a solution that helps me organize questions and answers community around the product I am working on. It allows our users to receive quality answers fast and discuss them. Features I like the most: multi-level in-depth commenting, rich user profiles, notifications, and members portal. Can I recommend this software to my colleagues? Sure thing!

Cons

To be honest, I haven't found any bottlenecks in it yet.

Reasons for Choosing PeerBoard

Features set, pricing, simple installation

Response from Circles Collective

Replied December 2020

Aleksandra from Admixer

Exactly what my business needs

Easy to install, easy to use

Pros

My team uses PeerBoard for community discussions, brainstorms, and internal blog posts. It was quick to set it up and easy to start with. We choose PeerBoard because it is highly customizable and flexible. I like that now we have all important discussions at one place, we can always read history and return to some questions. As admin, I actively use privacy controls and a members portal.

Cons

I have no complaints about PeerBoard. This is exactly what my business needs.

Response from Circles Collective

Replied January 2021

Thank you, Aleksandra!

Jessica from Databird

Industry: Newspapers

An easy way to extend your website with community functionality

Pros

Cons

You cannot run it on your own server, this is a SaaS platform.

Response from Circles Collective

Replied June 2020

Thank you Jessica for your feedback! Appreciate it.

Good product with room for improvement

Pros

It's very easy to use, and does the job well.

Cons

It's not a mature product and needs more features like better pining or embeds. Support is slow.

Response from Circles Collective

Replied February 2021

Thanks for sharing your opinion. It's very important for us.

Leo from Evadav

Outstanding community software

It's a great community software that is worth every penny.

Pros

Peerboard is the tool that we were looking for. It is really easy to implement on the website and it is highly understandable to everyone. We like how it looks and works. The involvement in the community grows every day which is good news for us.

Cons

Response from Circles Collective

Replied January 2021

Adrian from Disc Golf United

Industry: Sporting Goods

Just what I've been looking for!

Very positive. We've just scratched the surface with the potential, but things are looking very good so far.

Pros

Provides a powerful forum platform with lots of useful features. Love being able to integrate with our site.

Cons

Have not found anything I don't like yet. The team has been very responsive so I think I should expect more exciting features to come.

Reasons for Choosing PeerBoard

More control. Better UI. Integration options with our own site to drive traffic where we want it.

Response from Circles Collective

Replied February 2021

Thank you, Adrian!

impeccable

Pros

très bien conçus et ludique facile d'utilisation et de paramétrage

Cons

la gestion des invitations pourrais etre plus simple

Response from Circles Collective

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the review!