All PeerBoard Reviews

1-19 of 19 Reviews

Sort by

Reviews are by default sorted by Recommended to software buyers, driven by our proprietary algorithm reflecting the depth and quality of the review, recency of experience, and other factors. As a neutral reviews platform, the star rating of the review is not considered in the "Recommended" ranking, and there is currently no voting mechanism that would allow site visitors to influence the ranking.
User Profile

Alina

Verified reviewer

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used daily for less than 12 months

Review Source: Capterra
This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2021

Our team fell in love with PeerBoard

PeerBoard allowed us to organize a large community without the costs of the custom buildout. The main benefits are simplicity, friendly UX both for admins and members, and a highly responsive support team.

PROS

PeerBoard is powerful and the most flexible online community software. It provided us with all tools we need to create and grow our community, which we've been contemplating for years but never had developmental resources to build ourselves. We tried some other tools, but PeerBoard is definitely the simplest one. PeerBoard is the place where large group communication became an easy and efficient thing which is mission-critical in 2021.

CONS

There are a few tiny things that can be improved but the PeerBoard team is open to client feedback and continuously improving such things.

Vendor Response

Thank you, Alina!

Replied January 2021

Anonymous

2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2021

Cost Effective, Easy to Use Software to Build Your OWN Community

We needed a private community that would be relatively easy for our target market to navigate and feel comfortable using. PeerBoard delivers on that without a bunch of unnecessary distractions. When there have been issues as they've rolled out their roadmap PeerBoard support has done a great job responding and fixing things. I'm excited to see where they go in the next 12 to 24 months.

PROS

We needed a community that allowed us to control access and privacy settings. Something intuitive and user friendly which allowed us to create our own categories and control access levels based on membership. PeerBoard delivered on all that. While relatively young company they have a clear development roadmap which they have consistently been executing since we purchased their service. This is very important for long term success for them and for us. Peerboard allows you to completely white label, and has a very simple WordPress plugin so interaction from your own domain is seamless to the user. Very important!

CONS

There is one thing not yet available though it is on their roadmap to implement. Mentions, i.e. @MemberName, are not yet available. Since PeerBoard is an alternative to a well trafficked site such as Facebook mentions are an important way to draw people back and encourage them to participate in the discussions. Sometimes their login requires resetting via magic link. It's annoying.

Reason for choosing PeerBoard

Ability to white label and access directly from our own website. Intuitive interface. Competitive price.

Anonymous

11-50 employees

Used weekly for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2021

Great Concept. Poor Support

PROS

Good Product on Paper. We were looking to use peerboard to build our community presence.

CONS

Customer Service. Few features don't work as expected.

Kymberlee

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used daily for less than 6 months

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2022

PeerBoard is big league...

I was set up in less than 20 minutes and ready to go with my brand-new custom-looking online community platform. Unfortunately, I made a rookie mistake during setup and accidentally deleted my whole account (it's not an easy thing to do, I clicked through several "are you sure?" prompts but still screwed it up due to being on the phone and trying to work across 200 desktop tabs.) When I realized my mistake, I messaged the help team and got an answer and reset immediately - and not just a "here, it's fixed, off you go," I felt fully supported with their emails saying, "okay, that's all sorted. How are you getting on otherwise? Is there anything else we can help with?" I later realized I was speaking directly with the founder, who probably had a gazillion things to do, but he made me feel like I was an exclusive client. His communication was up there with the best customer service I have EVER received.

PROS

From the outside, PeerBoard looks like humble and basic community software. The available features are streamlined and considered - and that's what I LOVE about it. They focus on doing the right things properly so you can offer an incredible experience to your users. I'm a white-label user, and it sits within my brand like it was custom-made for my community. It's modern, elegant, and includes the bells and whistles you need. New community platforms are launching by the minute, but I believe PeerBoard is here to conquer them all.

CONS

I guess I'd like to be able to edit some of the frontend message content, so the brand language fit is closer, but I'm nitpicking. The system works perfectly well for me without that.

I chose PeerBoard for its simplicity, elegance, and robust integration capabilities.

Anonymous

2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2021

PeerBoard Review: A Power Player in the Online Community Building/Management Space

Overall my experience was very positive as I was able to launch my online community in under 10 minutes on my WordPress website (as they advertised).

PROS

The PeerBoard algorithm puts the high-value posts at the top of the feed based on engagement and recency, so community members never miss an update or the best posts. PeerBoard’s WordPress forum plugin — Embed PeerBoard as a fully customizable page in your WordPress configuration in under 20 minutes. I was genuinely surprised how quickly I was able to set PeerBoard up with my WordPress site. While it takes longer to fine tune all the group and category settings, the initial setup was a breeze. If you have experience connecting software to your website via WordPress plugin, you will easily be able to set up your own site). A complete white label solution— Use your custom theme color, add a logo, customize categories and topics for a fully branded experience. For example, I was able to use my official brand elements (specific hex color purple, logo, and icon). Real time threads — Facilitate valuable in-depth conversations with multi-level real-time discussions.

CONS

The product is still evolving so there are some features that I would like to see added (a few more features to the post editor for example). Also, the free option is somewhat limited compared to the paid plans. The free plan definitely works well enough to experiment with creating an online community. But if you want to host your community on your own site, add paywalled/private content, and/or customize your community’s branding, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.

Vendor Response

Thank you for the review!

Replied February 2021

Chris

Online Media, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2021

Amazing Software - Easy to Set-up/Simple to Use!! Replaced 4 other modules I was using!

I am a huge fan of this software. I currently have set up and run 5 different PeerBoards. In one use case, it replaced a News, Forum, FAQ, and Highlight Modules. In another use case, I have it set up in a private WP site via the plugin as a Yahoo Groups Replacement. It is a great software to use and implement. I have been able to tailor it to a variety of uses and applications and I look forward to seeing what advancements they come out with!

PROS

Easy to set up! It has a simplicity about it - which is a huge strength! It is not overly bloated with things - it is streamlined to do what it is set up for! I especially like that its simplicity makes it easy for users to know what to do as soon as they sign on! It is pretty easy to "Self-learn" how to use it on the user end. There are also a lot of customization options for the admin to make it look the way you want without compromising the simplicity of the User Experience.

CONS

Integration was pretty easy - the only issue I had was in setting up the SEO - turns out it was a bug on their end and they fixed it very quickly! The things I like least are the limited html editor and image options for posts and the slow load for the WP plugin. Both of these issues are getting fixes and updates, so I don't think I will have those dislikes too much longer!

The Daily Digests were first thing that brought me to it as it was close to what Yahoo Groups had (I am happy they are adding in the Weekly Digest Option and the No Digest Option. As soon as I started testing it out, I saw its ease of use, simplicity yet powerful features, and knew it was the option I was looking for!

Reasons for switching to PeerBoard

In one use-case, Yahoo Groups closed and needed a replacement. This is what initially brought me to PeerBoard. Once I set it up for that one, I saw how versatile and easy-to-use it was and used it to replace the PHPJabber Scripts on another site. Then I created 3 more boards for other sites!

Vendor Response

Thank you for your review, Chris!

Replied February 2021

Joshua

Music, 1 employee

Used weekly for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2021

The Ultimate Community Forum

PeerBoard has been a joy to use and it has become an integral part of my community. They offer excellent support and are constantly looking to evolve the platform. For users looking to offer their clients and subscribers a slick and exclusive community forum, I cannot think of a better solution than PeerBoard.

PROS

PeerBoard offers an incredibly slick solution for those wishing to create a community similar in tone and style to Reddit and Discord but with some exclusive features. The minimal interface, the ability to white-label your forum and host it on your own domain makes PeerBoard an innovative and unique solution, different from its main competitors.

CONS

At present, I can't think of any features that I'd like to request from PeerBoard. They have some very exciting features on their roadmap and I have no doubt that they'll continue to go from strength to strength as the platform matures.

PeerBoard gives me more control over my forum. The ability to white-label and host the forum on your own domain is a gamechanger.

Rod

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2021

Useful Forum Software

Peerboard Forums are easy-to-use forum software designed for companies and individuals who want to run a successful online community.

PROS

Peerboard Forums are SEO friendly. They are accessible via desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. You can also integrate Peerboard forums with your external blogs or social networks for even easier access.

CONS

The WordPress plugin is limited in functionality. Compared to using the forum software directly on their website, I had trouble adding categories or managing member profiles.

User Profile

Andrei

Verified reviewer

Internet, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed December 2020

Great online community platform

We made the right choice.

PROS

PeerBoard is a great online community platform! This is a solution that helps me organize questions and answers community around the product I am working on. It allows our users to receive quality answers fast and discuss them. Features I like the most: multi-level in-depth commenting, rich user profiles, notifications, and members portal. Can I recommend this software to my colleagues? Sure thing!

CONS

To be honest, I haven't found any bottlenecks in it yet.

Features set, pricing, simple installation

Vendor Response

Replied December 2020

User Profile

Aleksandra

Verified reviewer

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2021

Exactly what my business needs

Easy to install, easy to use

PROS

My team uses PeerBoard for community discussions, brainstorms, and internal blog posts. It was quick to set it up and easy to start with. We choose PeerBoard because it is highly customizable and flexible. I like that now we have all important discussions at one place, we can always read history and return to some questions. As admin, I actively use privacy controls and a members portal.

CONS

I have no complaints about PeerBoard. This is exactly what my business needs.

Vendor Response

Thank you, Aleksandra!

Replied January 2021

Alison

Education Management, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2021

A great addition to my membership program!

Overall my experience with PeerBoard has been excellent. I have been particularly happy with their customer service. I was having a terrible time wrapping my head around how to integrate PeerBoard into my membership (the person who recommended it to me made it sound like she had somehow integrated PeerBoard into the membership platform, and I just couldn't see a way to do that without doing a LOT of messing with code, and that's far beyond my understanding). One of the CEOs of PeerBoard actually hopped on a Zoom with me to walk me through the best way to use PeerBoard for my needs! I've also been excited to see them reaching out to users to ask for feedback on specific elements of the program and find out what our experience is and what we'd like to see changed.

PROS

I've been looking for a way to add a community aspect to my homeschooling membership *without* using Facebook. The platform where I house my membership content doesn't have commenting functionality or a forum feature of any kind, so I was trying to find something that I could either connect somehow to that platform or use alongside it. I found PeerBoard through the recommendation of another user of the platform where I house my membership. While it does not integrate directly into my membership platform, it is the perfect "alongside of" forum for my customers! The interface is very simple and clean, and the setup was shockingly simple. I particularly love the fact that I can group members in whatever way I want, like by what product they've purchased, and then create boards that are accessible only to certain groups. I post hyperlinks to our PeerBoard throughout my membership so it's easy for my members to hop over to the forums to ask questions whenever they feel the need. I also post hyperlinks back to the membership platform in the description of each PeerBoard category so members can easily click back to the membership when they're done on the forums. The forums render beautifully on mobile/touch screen device browsers, so regardless of how my members access the boards, their experience is positive.

CONS

There are a couple improvements that I'm looking forward to seeing PeerBoard make in the future. I do hope they'll eventually have an app, and I'd love to also see some kind of indicator on the different categories that shows when there has been activity in that category (new post or new comments on posts). They *do* have a "recent" space on the front page that shows recent activity, but my guess is that there is a limit to the number of posts that will show up there. I'd like to be able to look at the category list and, at a glance, see where posts or comments have been added since I was last there.

I choose PeerBoard over the other options I'd been considering for a few reasons. First, because they don't have ads. Second, it didn't *require* using an app. (I'd love to see an app option for PeerBoard but definitely wouldn't want it to become ONLY accessible through an app.) Third, the price doesn't change based on the number of users I have. Fourth, if I ever decide to change platforms for my membership, I won't have to change anything with PeerBoard – my members can continue accessing it as normal. Fifth, it doesn't require any kind of coding if you don't care about it being enmeshed with another platform.

Many of my members are trying to get off social media, so I wanted to make sure there was a way for my members to maintain community with each other without folks feeling like they were going to miss out if they left Facebook. I also did not want to continue supporting a platform that engages in censorship, so I was looking for a way to replicate what I'd had in our Facebook group but on a different platform.

Vendor Response

Hi Alison! Thank you so much for such a comprehensive and honest review. We highly appreciate that you are with us!

Replied February 2021

Rae

Retail, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2021

Great community platform

Overall, the best value-for-money solution on the market. It's simple and easy to use - helps us build our community on our own website and not on Facebook.

PROS

Simple and fast to set up with the Shopify integration. Great user experience. Highly customizable.

CONS

There are a few features missing that I'd personally like to see on the platform.

Better user experience, cheaper and much simpler to set up.

Anonymous

51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed December 2022

Create community with peerboard

Overall experience is good will suggest to other users to use it and improve the community contact

PROS

I most liked about this software is integration of peerboard with another application and manage it's theme same with integrated software is what I like.

CONS

Plugins is limited while using with peerboard that I dislike

Jessica

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed June 2020

An easy way to extend your website with community functionality

PROS

I’m using it for my website+community combination and it looks cool so far. This is an embeddable community platform, so you can easily integrate community into your website.

CONS

You cannot run it on your own server, this is a SaaS platform.

Vendor Response

Thank you Jessica for your feedback! Appreciate it.

Replied June 2020

User Profile

Maryna

Verified reviewer

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2021

All-in-one community platform to build and engage any types of communities

PeerBoard is an excellent choice to handle your community.

PROS

The champion among the community platforms. The feature set is a perfect fit for our community. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly both for administrators and community members. It was not rocket science to start work with PeerBoard and to move our community there. I like that it provides lots of variations of setting up privacy controls and user groups. The support team is highly responsive.

CONS

It would be great to find more deep customization options.

Vendor Response

Replied April 2021

Leo

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed December 2020

Outstanding community software

It's a great community software that is worth every penny.

PROS

Peerboard is the tool that we were looking for. It is really easy to implement on the website and it is highly understandable to everyone. We like how it looks and works. The involvement in the community grows every day which is good news for us.

CONS

I haven’t found any bottlenecks in it yet. Maybe, an internal payment system would be a great addition to PeerBoard, but I know that the team is working on it.

Vendor Response

Replied January 2021

Adrian

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2021

Just what I've been looking for!

Very positive. We've just scratched the surface with the potential, but things are looking very good so far.

PROS

Provides a powerful forum platform with lots of useful features. Love being able to integrate with our site.

CONS

Have not found anything I don't like yet. The team has been very responsive so I think I should expect more exciting features to come.

More control. Better UI. Integration options with our own site to drive traffic where we want it.

Vendor Response

Thank you, Adrian!

Replied February 2021

Anonymous

1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2021

Good product with room for improvement

PROS

It's very easy to use, and does the job well.

CONS

It's not a mature product and needs more features like better pining or embeds. Support is slow.

Vendor Response

Thanks for sharing your opinion. It's very important for us.

Replied February 2021

Anonymous

2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2021