• Pros

• "Great App for calls and messaging and has excellent features"

• "I really like this app. It is the user friendly app, easy for using for each user. "

• "I loved how easy to use it is. I can communicate with people all over the world no matter where they are."

• Cons

• "Sometime there are some little errors in group video chats. but other than that the app works smoothly. Also the customer support is not best but worth for the user"

• "Slow connection and a bit laggy, otherwise perfect"

• "Sometimes it gets a little buggy and slow, but still is the best communication software on the market."

Browse Viber Reviews

Ivan from WGAMES

Industry: Computer Games

Great communication for a personal use

Very nice and convenient app. Use it a lot for international calls.

Pros

Quick​ and easy way of creating group chats and sharing media content. High-quality​ free audio and video calls.

Cons

Has a lot of issues with migrating from one device to another and with changing the ​phone number​.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

To connect with people who does not use Whatsapp

Viber review

It is good, it is easy to use and provides fast and reliable audio\video\messaging service for anyone.

Pros

It provides easy, fast and free way for people all around the world to get in touch, either via messages or call ( audio\video ). Also it is nice to have all sorts of stickers, via which people can spice their chats a bit, therefore making the overall experience even better.

Cons

Sometimes audio quality is really bad during the call, especially when people are calling from different local internet providers ( while internet quality is actually really good at the same time ). Also when people are switching from one phone number to another, sometimes old setup stays with the previous number, which gets sold after some time, so when next users gets accidentally that number, he also gets a lot of messages from some people who he\she personally doesn't know ( and they tend to act like stalkers, because they don't believe that "new" person is using that number now ). Of course, with these kind of issues, users are never getting a help from their mobile operators and they are being sent to Viber Support instead and the whole process takes ages sometimes, when user is trying to make lets say it like that, a new viber account with "old" number. Lastly, sometimes it becomes in general unusable, which is the result of new update which is a "must be" thing to be performed if user wants to use viber without any issues, so getting a message that there is a new update should be implemented. Also same goes for PC version of viber, which sometimes is generally very laggy and has bugs for the update feature ( because I tend sometimes to get 2-3 messages for update during the same week, but startup of the application stays the same - very slow ).

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Because Viber was way better for me in every aspect, when compared to WhatsApp.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam from Sumitomo mitsui Construction Co Ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

Keeping communication with team member in site

In Bangladesh , Viber is popular due to less internet consumption, we can easily share our information with our connected ones, but sometime I feel bad, because I cannot find my other contacts using this same app. May be their marketing is not enough to attract them. For international user some time i cannot connect with them also.

Pros

It's reliable , easy to use , communication app , you can keep in touch with your team easily. share files with them quickly, make online calls with low internet consuming. Emoji's used in this app is unique.

Cons

Most of the time I think about it, why I cannot communicate with everyone, answer is lack of user, I did not find it good for this app . I can not able to find my contact using this app.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

some person didn't available in Whatsapp, so i have to contact them by viber.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

In Bangladesh, telegram user is not that much, But for international client we try to use telegram.

Ayesh from Morasprit

Industry: Photography

Viber for Photographers.

Overall I like the app.But There are lot of good apps than Viber .But when I need Viber is very helpful and useful app.

Pros

Photography is my part time job.In this job communication with each other is the key factor.As a example the communication between with me and my client is desiding my next work.For that I am using several platforms.Mainly Whatsapp and Facebook Massenger are my main communication apps.But Some of clients are using Viber as their main communication platform.In that time Viber is very helpful to me for keep in contact with my client .Mainly I like the ability to which can take online calls to my client .It is very helpful to save lot of money and time.It is very expensive to take a call to a client which lives in another country .At that time Viber Calls saves me.At like that stuations I feel the true value of the Viber app.My next objective is sharing my works with my client.There for I can know my customer idea of my work and his suggestions.Viber provide me those facilities very simply.I can share photos and files while texting to my customer using Viber.It helps both me and my customer to discuss what we need to do to my works.

Cons

Mainly I do not like the app is lack of users.Most of my clients are using whatsapp or another communication methode.Therefore lot of time I do not use the Viber .The app is lagging or crashed most of the time when I am going to upload lot of photos.At that time I have to upload those photos again and again .Whatsapp providing lot of fetuers and security than the Viber.So It could not able to give a good competition to it opponent mobile application .I do not like the qulity reducing when I going to upload a photo .It is very disturbing me to present my work to my client as I want .And the limited amount of photos which can upload in onece is so frustrating to me.Some times I want to send lot of photos to my client so at that time I have to upload twice those photos

Diem from Today's HR

Easy to use but video call is not great

It is free and easy to use. There are a lot of fun emojis

Pros

The application is very simple, easy to use, and free. I can make a phone call internatinally as long as I have internet. It is suitable for my parents as they are old and do not like a complicated app.

Cons

The video call is very poor compare to Facetime. It makes the voice lower and very hard to hear. The video is not clear.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Skype has an option of calling without internet but I have to pay money. The video call is higher quality

chamika from University of Moratuwa

Pros and Cons of Viber

I have used Viber for about more than 1 years. The interface and the stickers kept me using the app. But the app is somewhat slower than other chatting apps. So I switched to another social media.

Pros

Viber is a very popular social media that provides many facilities. We can share many digital things via Viber such as images, video audio, location and other digital documents. There are attractive stickers and emojis. When we are sending images, we can add captions to it, and we can edit the photo. The call quality is clearer compare to normal voice calls. When we receive a message, we can reply to it even not opening the app. (There is a full screen notification when we receive a message. As we can we groups, we can use them for various stuffs, such as education, entertainment etc. There is a user-friendly UI. personally, I love purple color.

Cons

As the app proves so many features, It becomes little bit complex and slower. It consumes a huge amount of data compared to the service supplied. It does not have any option for call blocking. No internet, No connection.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

User friendliness and speed of other software drives me to switch from Viber

karthekean from TTS

Pretty good International messaging and calling app alternative to whatsapp

Great app for international messaging or calling

Pros

Making International calls is a breeze and is 100% reliable always Nice stickers a good addition News and public group features

Cons

Ad popups sometimes Notifications that are sometimes annoying

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Whatsapp calling does not work sometimes. I still use both though.

Aminuddin from Celcom Axiata Berhad

Great for business companion

Overall, Viber is a good messenger apps, but there are limitation on what it can do. I have used it to have a quick communication between my team mate and client.

Pros

Viber packs of features that are essential for business nature like video call, messenger and voice call over internet. There are no charges to make those calls, as long you are connected to internet. Making a conference call for quick meeting is really easy, and its has a very clear sound quality.

Cons

Viber sadly are forgotten and abandon by many user, because the application is getting heavy and consuming too much of my phone resources. New feature that are not in other messenger application should attract back user to this application. There are also no option to back-up my files and contact to cloud storage.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Troop messenger is not helping me to have a quick chat with other user.

Dalmir from Bee Relentless

Good vibe in Viber

There was a time when my friends traveled abroad to study and Viber was our link, I use Viber for bringing me good memories.

Pros

Viber greatly facilitates communication, quality calls, just having access to the internet.

Cons

What I don't like about Viber is that calls after the call deadline will end, you will have to pay more to make calls. This ended up losing to other social networks that have no limits on the call, even if you hang up you can resume the call.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Whatsapp has no balance limits and does not need to be reloaded, so I switched

Berkay from Hepsiburada

Messaging at its Best

Viber is indispensable in my video conversations.

Pros

My only preference for video calls is Viber. I find Viber more successful than other applications in the market both in terms of privacy and image quality.

Cons

The single biggest issue is the interface hasn't changed at all. I think the interface could be improved a bit more. Other than that, it has no problem.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Program quality was far better from the moment I downloaded it.

SANDEEP from Khwopa college of engineering

Easy chatting through viber

Overall Viber is really a good platform for chatting in an easy way. Although it has some limitation it's really ease of use . Viber is one of the best application for chatting as far as I m concerned . I am really happy to use Viber for making connection with my friend family and doing official work.

Pros

Viber is an useful application for all generation people. It creates connection between friend,family and people. Viber has the features of sharing files, videos and photos besides other messenging and call . It helps for sharing ideas and for better communication. As sharing photos through viber does not degrade the quality people consider Viber as sharing app. For the students, officials, friends and family it is useful to communicate with large number of people creating groups. Viber helps for maintaing strong bonds. The sticker and emojis helps for expressing feelings. Viber has lots of features to help people for better communication. It can be easily operated through mobile number.

Cons

Though Viber has various advantages it also has some cons. The limitation for sharing files. Sometimes it is difficult to open upgraded Viber in some mobile. Once the Viber is reinstall gaining old data's is a problem. Though we can share files there is limitation for the size of the data that we share. Viber needs good quality internet for proper operation of its features. Sometimes unknown people can contact through viber simply having information of the phone number. Viber is upgraded from from old version and hope it can overcome its present limitations and develop further.

Lourdes Bernadette from American Express

The best messaging App I had ever used

I had used Viber since 2013, and I have seen all the themes, upgrades and changing of viber. It has been my best voice and chat app I used for my friends, clients, and family. It’s is very easy and friendly user. There are changes that I did not like but overall I can still say that it’s been the best app I can recommend to anyone. It’s a very convenient to use Viber out where you can call outside of your country to call cellphone number all over the world, and it’s so cheap comparing to skype or other messaging app.

Pros

The thing I love with Viber is that almost everyone I know is been using this, from the year 2013, until now, we have been using this for our groups, from work, family and friends. I had been loving their new feature where you can create your own sticker, and it can also be available for public use. This app has been most secured app for messaging that I had used, I can compare this to other app I had used, and this is the only app that I downloaded for my computer. I can attest that I’ve used this app for communication for the past year and it’s the most reliable messenger ever. I loved the feature where I can also verify the person in my contacts using this app, and also it made it so easy for the user to change phone number without deleting the old file from your old account.

Cons

I think Viber had deleted their feature where you can download the files from the app and you can send it to your email. The way I can save the file to my email, and it will come to a excel format. It was very convenient before, but now I cannot see that this feature is still available for viber. And another thing I don’t like about Viber is when we use conference call, we cannot see all videos of the participant, unlike Zoom or Facebook. But nevertheless, I been liking the quality of Viber since the year I been using it.

Supun from University of Jaffna

Connect with loved ones through VIBER

Everyone who uses social media applications, definitely know about Viber. Most of them have used the application also. Viber is a great tool for communication. Viber became more popular with the introduction of sticker packs to text messaging. It makes more fun when messaging with friends using those stickers. This app is very useful for the people who have their parents, relatives or friends in abroad. We only need an internet connection to call them. Therefore calling over Viber is very cheap and simple. Viber team is frequently checks their application. Therefore bugs will not last for long time. Updates will be release quickly after fixing every minor bug. When considering all these factors, we can see that Viber is very valuable application to connect with loved ones.

Pros

Viber is popular social media application in these days. Most of the smartphone users use this application for their communication purposes. Viber comes with many attractive features. Viber can be used for video calling, voice calling and messaging. Clear voice and videos can be transferred through Viber if you have good network connection. Text messaging through Viber is more interesting because of the large amount of sticker packs available in Viber. I really enjoy this feature when messaging with my friends. Viber can be used in computers and tables also. Also it supports many popular operating systems such as android, iOS and windows.

Cons

I have not seen any considerable issues on Viber yet. I am using this application for three years. There were some bugs in older versions of Viber. But Viber team fixed those issues with updates. Rarely I experience the app is freezing while opening. The user interface of Viber is not much attractive when compared with other popular social media applications. We can send only a limited number of photos in one time. If we have a lot of photos to send, we have to send them in parts. This is a very annoying thing and a waste of time. Other than these small drawbacks, Viber is good application for communication.

Use of viber

Pros

This is a great app and i use it for quite long time. This app allows me to video chat and the voice quality of calls are very clear. i mostly use this app for group chats. I have lots of group chats related to cosmetic side. In those groups there are many people who are interested in cosmetics as me. So i can easily get my products from them while selling them on those groups too. And i like the huge sticker collection in the viber. Viber is the reason i am able to sell my products to the customers. There is another feature i like in this app. That is when i have missed messages in a chat i start off from where i left, then i can scroll down and read the every message i missed. That way i am not mussing any important messeges. So i can be in touch with all of my customers and producers at the same time. I love this app.

Cons

There a some features i don't like in this app too. Onebof them is the adds appear after every video calls. This is irritating me most of the times. And another thing is the limitations of sending photos. The number of photos we can send at once should be increased. Because people like me have lots of pictures to share and can't send them ten times. And it is also better if i can turn off the auto download mode. Otherwise my gallery will be filled with photos i don't want. At last sometimes i didn't get notifications from this app. That way i don't know i have messages until i open the chats. So i am not able to reply fast and it losses my customers interest in me. So i should reply as fast as possible. These are the things i think shold be improved in this app.

Malith Madhawa from Hiel Associates (Pvt) Ltd

Crystal Clear Sound and Video

Well, I daily use Viber to contact my staff instantly. It is economical for a business owner like me to set up a proper communication system through Viber. The important thing is it is not only the phone, but I use it on the desktop and laptop computers as well. In addition, I often do video meetings and conference calls with my staff through Viber. It is easier to handle and manage than conventional projectors and meeting tables. It saves me and my staff travelling time and cost. At last but not least, most of the time, I use Viber to transfer documents and photographs instantly. It is far better than logging into my e-mail account, feeding the password, letting the browser load etc.

Pros

The quality of the sound of the call is amazing. It is perfectly clear and I do not have to beg the caller to repeat what he said again unlike other similar applications. Additionally, it automatically adjust the background noise level (I think, I am not an expert) to crystalize the voice of the caller. It is a really a useful point when you travel around while speaking through Viber. Then again, the video calls, superb quality and it makes you feel that you are really speaking to your partner in the other end face to face. It might depend on the speed of your internet connection and phone, but Viber is far better than other similar apps. No network or application errors and no frequent annoying updates to waste our time. That gives us peace of mind when we use it daily. Finally yet importantly, instant messages, stickers, voice messages and video messages makes your life happy and relaxed with your loved ones.

Cons

Well, the only problem I faced with Viber was that it was not working when I was in Oman. This was mainly because the countries telecommunication authority had blocked Viber according to country's law and to encourage people to use paid telecommunication methods rather than free apps like Viber. Anyway, Viber has nothing to do with it.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Far better than WhatsApp and user friendly

Marcus from UC Berkeley - Financial Aid

VOIP & INT'L Texting Without Extra Hassle

My overall experience with Viber is the app is RELIABLE. I have had Skype and FaceTime fail me while abroad , but Viber has not. It's my go to international communication app.

Pros

Viber is extremely versatile in that it allows you to make free VOIP calls with HD sound quality. Furthermore, it allows you to text any number for free as long as they also have the Viber app. This is extremely useful when working with Clients abroad and you need quick feed back. Send a text, and it pops up just like a normal text on their cellular device. It also has a desktop client so that you can receive your communications without having to move from your workflow.

Cons

The developers do a great job at keeping the app up to date, but when that happens, certain notifications you have turned off are reset and you will begin receiving them again. For instance, I had the holiday notification turned off, a update happened, and I started receiving them again the following month. It can be a tiny bit annoying when you get a message notification and it's nothing important. Other than that, the app is great to use.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

Ease of use within interface.

Reliability

Reasonable VOIP

This is a great service. However there are marketing objectives behind all these free services such as collecting data of users covertly either for commercial purposes or for analyzing security threats by government agencies. Therefore a user need to take precautions while using these services. However the opportunity afforded by these services has enabled families and friends get connected where ever they are as long as wifi or 3G is available, particularly with the video calling feature. Families wouldn’t feel the absence of their loved ones from home due to video calling and businesses too has taken this opportunity to converse with associates in a live scenario.

Pros

when I started to use viber way back in 2012, I believe viber was one of the first VOIP services available for the masses. The app can be dowloaded in a 3G and above phone with either 3G or wifi connectivity. Additionally viber has released the desktop version too with improved features. With viber one can get connected with others who have installed viber as voice or video calls and obviously texting too is available with attachment of emojicons, stickers that are availble in viber store. Video clips or voice messages too can be sent over viber. Group conversations (conference) facility too is available. All these features are available for free and the data consumption too is minimal. Land phone too can be called but with a paid subscription. The encryption facility is available which needs to be selected by the caller. If the phone is synchronized it automatically gathers all your contact list and all new contacts can be saved.

Cons

if all calls communications can be encrypted by default, this system would become more secure. Call blocking facility is unavailable.

Gergana from Education Institution

Industry: Translation and Localization

Viber is great until you actually need something

Viber has been a significant communication channel for my part-time job for the past 4 years. It has never failed me or my colleagues or manager. It has all the basic functionalities we need. What I would like to see is a bit more appreciation of our personal space and thus more and easier ways to keep it all clean from unwanted communication.

Pros

There are three main things I like about Viber. First, it works smoothly. It has never lagged, even when I have been using a dated device. Conversations and images all load in a speedy manner. This makes me feel I am not wasting any time. The second thing I like are the personalization features. I like picking different backgrounds for different conversations because this helps me to differentiate between chats visually, minimizing any potential mistakes. Also, I am generally one of those users who never stick to default settings, so Viber feels comfortable to me. The final thing is the fact that you can edit your messages. This allows me to take care of typos and (most often) wrong emoji I have clicked and sent. This does help with clearing misunderstandings, stemming from controversial context.

Cons

I am absolutely frustrated by how difficult it is to find particular features. Even if you try to Google the issue, there is often no info on the subject. Here, I am talking about basic features, such as taking people off group chats or deleting a conversation. It takes forever to browse for such a simple action, which is a waste of time I simply cannot justify. The other thing I do not appreciate is how easy it is to make a mistake. This app never asks if you are certain about particular actions, which seem to easy to undertake. An example would be adding users to a group chat. This turned out to be too easy to do by mistake (I was literally holding my phone in my hand and not looking at it, et voila). This is not something which does not need a check and it definitely facilitates security breaches.

Uros from Rise Studio

Viber is...Eh, Viber is cool, not much more.

The software that was installed as a secondary one quickly became the primary one, but today I use it alongside several other communication software. With its fancy interface it certainly stands out from the crowd, and the dominance in innovation is clearly highlighted, so today I use Viber primarily to communicate with business friends and colleagues

Pros

First of all, talk about software such as this one should not be wasted. Certainly one of the most well-known communication software. From the distinctive bell to the famous purple design, this software dominates the market today. Of course, the advantage of using it is that Viber tends to be the first in everything. Starting with group chat, secret chats, plenty of emojis and gifs over security in encrypted messages

Cons

I will admit, quite a lot. First of all, from its first appearance to the present, Viber has literally been wasting the resources of the device it is installed on. For some strange reason, although I believe it has been optimized, the phone, no matter how valuable it is in front of this software, becomes weak.

Suhailah from 7-Eleven Malaysia

Good with video call

This application is very light and not burdening my phone RAM and storage. Having a video call with my families is very easy by only a single click on the phone. Overall, this messenger application is very decent and can connect user quickly.

Pros

I really like with Viber minimalist and clean interface which really helping when i am trying to find and use the tools in this application. It has many public groups that i can join that match with my interest and making friend there. The video call quality of this application is one of the best and i can have a very high quality video display.

Cons

There is no filter for spam in the public group and end-up keep popping notification in my phone. It is a nuisance and i had to leave the group to avoid the spam messenger. A new feature to filtering the spam messenger will help a lot in for me.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Viber communication hub is more flexible and offering a higher quality.

Nabin from Curl Labs

Best instant messaging, voice and video call service

Pros

Viber is really fast, smooth, clean and elegant communication tool for business and individuals. It has an easy to use interface, beautiful sets of emojis, all your contacts list, smart birthday messaging and Viber out call service. With all these rich features, Viber has been the most effective communication tool for our business. Experience the seamless communication with Viber.

Cons

Viber is coming really great all these years. I expect some AI features in Viber in coming years.

Poor communication than in Viber

Gayathri from University of Sri Jayawardenapura

Attractive interface for coommunication

I use viber daily for communicating with friend and family. I am also part of public viber groups because I find them interesting.

Pros

I find Viber interface very attractive and user friendly.It can be used for instant messaging ,audio calls as well as video calls.It has an interesting set of stickers for instant messaging.It also allows you to make private group chats.In group chat one can like someone's reply.This also gives access to public groups of your interest.Any kind of document such as pdfs also can be send and received.For the communication through Viber one doesn't need to pay additional charge to the telecommunication companies.This is a software used world wide.Therefore can be used for communication all over the world with a stable internet connection.The sound quality of Viber calls are also fine. Viber integrates with your phone contact list and helps to communicate effectively.It also maintains your call history.It also provide the facility to only view the media such as pictures shared in a chat. It also has a feature to reply to messages without opening the app.

Cons

Anyone with your number having the Viber can access you through Viber.One should definitely have a wifi connection or 3G connection to use this software.It has low quality with weak internet connection.Both you and the person you want to communicate should have the app for Viber communication.If you change your number you have to re-register with Viber.

Very popular messaging system in South-East Europe

Communication with people from South-East Europe is easily solved with this app.

Pros

It is convenient, very intuitive and simple Over the Top Cross Platform Application. You can install it on several devices and they can work simultaneously. In new era of different messaging systems, this one is particularly interesting in South-East Europe region where almost everyone is using it. So, if you want to communicate with people in that area, this is the right app. Moreover, end to end encryption with auto destroy function make it really interesting for secret chats.

Cons

This app does not have web interface. In comparison with other messengers, it would be great if there would be a web messaging interface. Application is not really lightweight, too, and on older phones it does work slow and bulky.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

Viber has bigger number of users in specific area. Years ago, Viber also had voice chat while WhatsApp didn't.

Sarah from Evensix™

I like the emojis of Viber, they are so cute.

Viber is good for expressing the moods and the emotions while chatiing with other people especially with your close friends since emoji sets are so informal and cute however Viber is not good for voice and video calls.

Pros

Viber's emoji set is definitely the most original and funny emojis set among all chat applications. I like to express my extreme feelings to the peson I am talking with great looking emojis of Viber. Also stickers are very attractive and there are a lot of sticker options that reflects my different moods.

Cons

I am not happy with the video call and voice quality of Viber. Although it is really extremely good for texting when it comes to calls Viber is not the best option. Also it drains my battery so fast during the video calls, I need to look for plug every time when I start a video call which makes my life really harder.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Emojis and stickers of Viber is way too better and most of my friends do not use Telegram, they use Viber.

Supun from Infor

Viber for free calls and messages!

I am a purple lover. So, only by looking at the interface of viber it captivates me. I have the viber version 11. 2. 0. I usually use this to communicate with my family members who lives Italy, Dubai, America and Australia. Because any time any where we can connect through voice or vedio call. Not only me but also my cousins are prefer to connect with viber. With the quality of the voice I feel they are always near to me.

Pros

Very firstly viber has the most attractive interface with the most attractive background wall papers than the other similar apps. It provides vedio or voice calls and massages for free from anywhere in the world to another viber user in anywhere. Viber has the most attractive and colorful sticker packs I have ever seen. Specially it facilitates to edit a send messages. By using viber we can make our own chats. There the amazing thing is one can like someone's message. It allows the sharing and receiving of photos, any kind of document and locations. I have experienced two best things by using viber. One is there is no frequent updates like other apps. Another one is by using the viber settings we can stop the auto downloarding of received photos and etc. Actually it avoids the filling of internal storage purposelessly.

Cons

The one and only problem I have experienced with the viber is limitation of sending photos. It allows only 10 photos to send at once. So, it is better if that limitation can be increased.

Emon from ICT Solution Point

" Viber - A popular messaging software. "

Viber is safe and secure. Best option for international calls. I am a big fan of their unique colorful emojis.

Pros

Viber has super easy user interface. You can use viber both in your PC and mobile devices. Viber users can communicate each other through messaging or audio/video calling. Viber emojis and stikers are too awesome . It makes my chat experience more enjoyable and colorful. Viber user can easily join large group or community and share each others fellings, midea, files. Viber provides My note features, it is so useful. Here you can save your important notes, to do work list, important chats and you can set a reminder for any notes.

Cons

There are some issues with video calling and voice quality. It's a online application, so you must have net connection for using viber. in come country viber is not so popular and another drawback is mobile and landline call rate packs are little expensive.

Enxhi from Wearefiber

Quality video calls for free

We use it since at least 2 years to communicate and see each other when family members lives abroad, but sometimes we also use it at work for standups, when someone is working from home.

Pros

Free messaging app and video calls have great quality overall, at least compared to other messaging apps. The simplicity and ease of use made it a great app for my grandfather, who often use it to call his nephews and family when they are abroad.

Cons

Sometimes you endup in group chats that you don't know why and how it happens, I always find myself cleaning up the viber chat groups of my mother who without her knowing she endups in group of people that she doesn't know. Sometimes are spam group chats.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

the ease of use and simplicity that made it easy for older family members to get used to it

The video call quality

Caleb from Transparent BPO

Viber - One of the best FREE calling and messaging app

I have over 2 years experience using the software and totally love it to the max. Who said that free apps can't be this exciting and pleasing to the touch. I am super pleased with the overall user experience, design, features and functionality.

Pros

Viber is one of the best and FREE cross-platform voIP and IM software on the market and is highly favorable by many. you get a ton load of features packed into the little app which makes a huge impact on your overall life style. Based on your bandwidth allocation, you can experience crisp and clear video calls and or voice calls anywhere you have cell phone service. This is an awesome little application with many customizable options to make you feel complete and can also reflect your personality with its' emojis, background images etc. Please see a small list of options below: * You can share images of awesome moments. * Videos of life changing and unforgettable experiences. * Send short, sweet little voice clips and or video clips rather than typing a message. * Download a variety of stickers from the market to express you feelings with quick little tap and send. * Snap and send. * Doodle and send. * You have the ability to download the desktop version and use without the need of connecting your device to the internet, making communication super easy and enjoyable.

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment about the application.

Luka from UCL

Industry: Research

Great quality calls and a creative instant-messaging platform

I am communicating with my family and friends using Viber every day. I like how easy it is to use, and that I can use a wide range of fantastic stickers to enrich my conversations with the people I care about.

Pros

Viber offers a wide range of communication features, such as instant-messaging, sending pictures and video, as well as offering landline calls at very affordable prices. I love the sticker market that is constantly updated to make your conversations richer and more creative. The stickers really look great and are the best among all other apps of similar purpose. The dark theme that arrived with recent updates is a plus too, I use it a lot and it looks great. Viber always keeps up with the latest trends. It also offers a high level of security to its users. You can customize your online appearance by deciding on whether you want to share your online and seen status, showing your photo, etc. You can also hide chats and have secret ones with your selected contacts to keep things private.

Cons

A downside is that the Viber Out is not available in all countries, limiting the number of potential users and having access to cheap landline and international calls. Other than that, I can't really point out any downsides of using this app. Maybe a smaller number of users of Viber, compared to its competitors kind of limits its potential, but that is really all.

Review for Viber

Viber is a communication tool for smartphones and desktop operating systems that provide instant messaging and voice calls over 3G or Wi-Fi networks. The application works on all platforms and can be used from desktop computers. You do not need to register for use. Your phone number is being accepted.

Pros

It allows users to send pictures, video and audio messages to each other, as well as text messages. The program supports a large number of mobile operating systems (Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Symbian, Bada) and desktop operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux). Also, customers can create groups until 200 members.

Cons

If you don't have a Wi-fi connection, you are not able to use Viber. In my opinion, this is my most disliked feature. But as I said, at the moment generally I like Viber and still, I will continue use.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

The first time, I used WhatsApp for 3 years, but actually wanted to try new applications. That's why I began to use Viber. Nowadays I am pleased to use Viber. I think the competition between applications is good.

Kevin from Chrysler

A great way to remain social for free!

I also love the sticker packs that you can use to express your emotions in any situation. It makes your experience more fun and lively! Sometimes there are some things that you want to say or express that words can not quite do the job and that is where the stickers come in handy! All you have to do is go to the sticker store and download your favorite pack and then you can use them at your leisure! Overall, I was very able to stumble upon Viber almost four years ago and I will continue to recommend it to anyone who does not have Facetime or Skype, or feels that those programs are not the greatest, as I agree. Viber is where it is at!

Pros

Viber is a wonderful app that I find far superior to Skype and is a great alternative for me to Facetime, considering I own an Android phone and not an Iphone. Not only does it allow you to make video calls to any other Viber user for free, it also allows you to text them free of charge as well! It is a great way to remain socially connected to friends and family without putting a huge dent in your pocketbook. I have never been a fan of the Iphone which is why I wanted to find something that I could use to make video calls that was as good as, if not better than, Facetime. I have seen my sister in law use Facetime and watch it cut out numerous times and thankfully that has never happened to me using Viber. I also do not want to forget to mention the crystal clear sound and video I have experienced! It is what has impressed me the most about Viber!

Cons

Sometimes you get notifications that you have previously disabled in the past but that is nothing major and definitely nothing that is going to stop me from using this excellent App. Other than that I feel like it is a great software/app and I would highly suggest it to anyone!

Video Calls for Free

In general, I like using viber as I can keep track of conversations and I can call abroad to other people who have Viber without paying for a call. You cannot do conference calling. It is one-to-one.

Pros

I have been using Viber for about 10 years and it keeps improving its user experience and features. Video calls and calls in general are not the most reliable but it depends on the time when you call. They offer features such as location sending, images and video sending as well as fun activities such as sending hand drawn images and gifs.

Cons

Reliability of the software when it comes to video calls. Sometimes I have 45 min uninterrupted conversation and sometimes, it cannot last for more than a few minutes. Also, one time, a message that was supposed to be sent to one person, was sent to multiple people ( it was a glitch). I can't imagine if it was a confidential thing.

Non-mainstream but has potential to be

satisfactory. most of the time serve the basic needs.

Pros

intuitive user interface, good features and support many mobile needs of modern users. easy installation. easy transfer between mobile devices.

Cons

not stable for mobile connection. voice or video is fine if use alone, but video and voice together is not. ambience noise is too loud

Reasons for Choosing Viber

also consider similar product by tencents

Tigran from Acba Credit Agricole Bank

Review for Viber

I have very positive overall experience. Viber is a great messenger, with many interesting features. It allows me to create groups, where I can communicate with my colleagues and friends. Also the emojis in Viber are really cool. It has some minor disadvantages, but it very wildly used and I like this app.

Pros

First it is available in both IOS and Android platforms, so if you switch from IOS to Android(or vice versa) you would not use your Viber account. Second the interface is very easy to use and it is very easy for you to navigate there. Third you also use it on your laptop(just scan QR code) and you can use your Viber in laptop. It is especially great if you want to have video call with someone(it would provide better video and audio). Also you can see the status of your message, which is not available for some messengers. Last but not least you can create group chats and communicate with friends there, as Viber is a worldwide used app.

Cons

There is no availability to search for text inside conversation(sometimes you might need to find specific massages, and the lack of this feature make it difficult to find the message). Also if you get photos and videos from Viber, it will automatically save this media in your phone's gallery. This is quite disgusting for me as the internal free storage decreases drastically over time.

subekchaya from Padma kanya multiple campus

Viber for sharing

The overall experience with viber is good. Viber is found to be useful and helpful application. Viber has helped to improve relation with friends as well as family. Viber is useful for while working on group projects. Viber has been helpful for me which inspire me to suggest my friends to use viber for better communication. Though viber have some features which is not liked by me but the advantages of viber has made my experience fruitful.

Pros

Viber is the app used for sharing ideas, files, photos, videos among friends, family and other people. The best feature that i noticed while using viber is we can sent photos having high quality at one click. Viber is also effective for sharing study materials among classmate. Viber has many strickers, emoji's which makes conversation more interesting.The video call facility has helps to connect among family and friends. The features of forming groups has help to save time for communication as we can connect with group of people at once.

Cons

The limitations while sharing on viber is the thing i donot like about the app. There is viber out option and unkownly clicking that cost for user. Anyone with the phone number can call on viber. When there is weak network viber doesnot work properly.The frame is small for profile picture in viber so sometimes it is not possible to keep the profile picture as our wished.

Ajdin from John Deere

Industry: Industrial Automation

One of the best International Messengers but not easy to use for beginners.

The overall experience with Viber was actually pretty great! I used it and still use it once in a while with my friends and sometimes business. I enjoy the functionality of Viber and all the Gifs and Emojis that come with it. I would highly recommend the product to anyone!

Pros

The most I liked about the software is that I can communicate with my family over the seas for free if they have Viber. As most people know International calling and texting can be very expensive especially calling, well Viber is free If the other party has the same product. Also, Viber has a feature that many other messengers don't have and that is the ability to call landlines and mobile phones, for a fee of course but it is nice to have if you wish to use that feature. One last thing I would like to add and that is that Vibe has more functionalities than most of other messengers such as WhatsApp for example. Some of the examples of those features are group chats, Communities, and Broadcast lists. So yes they have a wider range of features and functionalities.

Cons

Ther are two cons I would like to mention about Viber. Due to all the functionalities that Viber has, it is also tougher to use for beginners and it is not fun because i used it for a long time. The other con is that comparing to WhatsApp's community it is much lower. So, for example, the reason why I switched from Viber to WhatsApp is due to the fact that many of my friends and family used WhatsApp. Don't get me wrong I still go back and use Viber with friends that still use Viber however I use more WhatsApp. Overall Viber is a better product then all of the messengers out there.

Iqra from Jublee life Insurance

Viber - Probelm Solving for business and personal communication

Good Experience and found it problem solving application for many aspects.

Pros

Viber has a lots of features for business and personal concerned. I can share messages, pictures, videos and files to my friends, colleagues and can also do a voice and video hassle free calls without distortion, also have group chat and communities options are socially valuable. I can use it on mobile as well computer easily to interact all over the world where u need to talk your friends relatives and business purposes. i like using it whenever i need to talk.

Cons

Ads are playing in application its annoying me during using application. less number of users on this application that's why have to switch another messenger for interacting them. More features should be introduced in this application.

A free alternative for team communication

Great free tool for instant communication within your team. But set up some rules/guidelines or it can get chaotic! :)

Pros

It's free and has many great functions that can improve your team's communication. You can create groups and send instant messages, send files, search within your chat history etc. It has a desktop version as well. Overall a solid alternative.

Cons

The translations in the Hungarian version are incorrect and/or misleading in some places. There is no option to delete messages with a timer. Also, team communication can be a bit chaotic if you have too many groups (but this is not the software's fault). One option we'd really need and don't have in Viber is to have chat permissions for group members, eg. to have certain groups where only the admin can send messages.

Eduardo from Tixani Services

A Good Alternative to WhatsApp, FB Messenger or Skype

I find it useful enough to keep using it. I've used it in the past for phone interviews. I also used it to call overseas landline numbers. Again, price shop between this and Skype when calling overseas. Some territories will have cheaper rates with Viber, some will be lower on Skype.

Pros

I do know that WhatsApp is popular in a lot of Asian businesses. Just check on the contact page of any Asian sites you know. Facebook Messenger, on the other hand, is a channel for engaging your customer base in the Facebook ecosystem. Viber is popular in the Philippines, eastern Europe and the migrant population of those countries in the Americas. It's got a lot of engaging local content. Chats and messages are encrypted. You can also buy a subscription to a local number in other countries so customers can call you and you receive it on your Viber. You can also use it to do outbound calling. The rates are on par with Skype, but depending on the country, some territories may be cheaper on either of them. It's best to do a specific comparison of the rates for your target country to get the best deal for you.

Cons

The out of the box advertising was a bit surprising. You need to be aware that companies are working with Viber on marketing. When I reinstalled it recently, I got a lot of Viber messages from companies I subscribe to. So it is logical to assume that these companies share at the very least my phone and first name to Viber. In turn, they get access to a system that sends marketing material to me. It was alarming at first, but when I thought about it, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Anuththara from University of Colombo

Industry: Research

Viber for vibes to connect

Pros

This product is very easy to use. One of the main things I like in Viber is it's Privacy settings. For example, we can block unwanted calls in our contact list. like in the normal phone and we can manage who can see our profile photo etc. The other thing is when someone in our normal contact list who was not using Viber previously, start using Viber, we get a notification. And I like that feature. And also another good thing about Viber is that we can manage the last seen and message seen status. Viber to Viber free calls and messages and ability to send and receive files and photos and even audio, are some of the main features that I like in Viber. The last thing that i like to mention about Viber is that this app is compatible for many devices, for example Smart phones, Laptop, Desktop etc. Due to this reason we don,t have to be constricted to only one device when using the app.

Cons

One of the main things that need to be improved in Viber is , when we delete a message in a conversation, the other party can see it. Sometimes this makes us feel bad and uncomfortable. Another thing is that Viber is difficult to be operated in low signal strengths.

Need to Call without the heavy rates? You got it!

Excellent. Over all I get my tasks done and communicate with people easily and often without the concern of using up my phone’s data. This is great for people who have to text those who need to send text through a limited plan. Highly recommend people to use this!

Pros

this software is amazing for people to communication and contact each other without the burden of paying heavy phone bills and texting rates. Because this software uses wifi you can easily add other contacts that use this application to message, call as if this was integrated into a default phone. Incredible! As someone who needs to keep contact with other co workers and managers, it’s best to use this application so that my phone bill does not have to go up while texting multiple people. Rather, I got an entire contact list of users who also use this application and I can easily call or text without the worry of my data being used up.

Cons

Now, since I use it where it uses wifi. I can be hard to use without wifi. But we all have data when we don’t have wifi. So it’ll still work and it won’t eat up my data as fast as it would when I use the actual phone’s message app. Plus with wifi on most of the time this really isn’t a problem for me, but it might for others.

Viber Review

It is a very good tool for communication. I used to work in the call center industry in the Philippines and Viber is their top choice for group chats. It is very reliable and free.

Pros

To begin with, I like it’s purple theme as it is easy on the eyes. Some recent updates on its main tab, Explore which I really appreciate because you can get connected with communities close to your heart escpecially during this time.

Cons

It only retains photos and videos of the current year. I was looking for some memories And pictures of my dead sister back in 2018 and it was gone so it Didn’t sit well with my. Perhaps they should have sort of a viber drive where you have option to keep or delete

Ease of use and more users / group mates are Already in Viber

Thanushi from Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology

Viber - A great way to stay in touch

I have been using Viber for more than 3 years and it has all the features that we need to stay in touch with our loved ones. Viber is compatible with all the major platforms such as iOS, android,windows etc and that feature allows users to enjoy cross platform communication. Viber is easy to use and it facilitates to make unlimited audio and video calls among Viber users.

Pros

Viber is completely free for use and anyone can easily install the software and start using the services provided by the software. Viber is capable of syncing messages and chat history between mobile phone and computer. This syncing options makes it more comfortable and easier for us stay connected. End to end encryption feature in Viber enables secure communication between the sender and the receiver. Doodle option is another unique feature in this messaging application. We can simply send graffiti and scratch drawings using this option. In addition, Viber has a wonderful collection of stickers that allows us to express ourselves in a perfect way.

Cons

Some lower end mobile phone users may experience reduced RAM performance in their devices after installing Viber. However, for new smart phone users this impact is barely noticeable.

Saqib from Softronic Systems

Viber - Connecting People

My overall experience that it is very cheaper / economical application to use then other without any hurdles like other application such as hanging or stuck problem during chats or sharing images or videos.

Pros

Viber is a simple and easy place to connect to each other globally. This application is very helpful for everyone to connect their someone immediately by images, text or videos. It is very helpful for group conversation by chats or video calling. By instant transfer messaging and chats with other makes your life happy and easy to share your feeling.

Cons

I have not noticed yet that it worked badly during chats or any conversation but only one thing is that if high quality images or videos received it hangs often.

Viber is my partner in crime.

Overall I feel happy to be a viber customer. It make my daily life easy. But i expect more customer friendly updates in the upcoming version of it. It is better if they consider public' current needs while doing updates. I am expecting to see some added features in location sharing and quality improvement in sharing media files.

Pros

I use viber for more than 2 years. I used to send media files and make audio and video calls through viber. Group call option help me to connect my teammates at a time for my professional purposes. I like the pin option in group chat, which is very much helpful to remember anything within the group members especially in office group. There is a option to hide chats, which help me to keep away my personal chats from my friends' eyes. And I like those stickers used in chats, as we can get them in our mother tongue.

Cons

There is a option to send location in viber. But I couldn't send my live location through this. Because of this I need to use some other messenger options in order to use live location sharing option. I feel that the quality of media files send through viber is not upto the level as I expect. And I don't feel much improvements in new version of viber.

Erika from Religious institution

Viber Review

Viber Messenger is a free app that connects to anyone in the world via an Internet connection (WIFI or mobile internet subscription required). There are countless stickers and emoji icons on it that can be used to toss messages, share photos, videos and sound files. You can also make free international calls with Viber. It can help my business work easily.

Pros

Since the black theme has been available, it has become very screen friend. It has a great voice calling feature and is not very cracky, making it almost perfect for a phone call. Very easy to use and fully customized so anyone can use it. It conserves battery power and does not take up much space on your mobile phone. It can be used to control voice and video calls almost anywhere in the world. It is very good that it is available in most languages. It consumes a low internet connection and can thus initiate relatively many calls and messages.

Cons

It happens so often that it does not notify you when you receive messages and the program also marks unread messages as read. After the updates, there is a lot of advertising, and it may open an advertisement while you are making a phone call, thus interrupting the conversation. Downloaded stickers or GIFs often need to be downloaded again and again because it says that no stickers or GIFs are available. Some features (always different) when I download them to my tablet do not work and 2 minutes after installation it tells me to update the application because it is out of date. However, if I download and install it again, all features will work fine.

Dyeoan Fatematuz from ICT Solution Point

The easiest personal communication product – Viber

I have been used this app for several years. And my experience is really too good. It makes my life easier to communicate with my peers. Literally, it’s too much helpful. It deserves a big thumb up.

Pros

This app is too much popular. People can communicate with definite person or group through this app. People can interact through text chat, audio call and HD video call. It is the best online platform for international call. Emojis and stickers used in this app are very cute as well as unique.

Cons

To be honest, there is nothing special cons of this product I found. In addition to, there is no option to back-up my files and contact to cloud storage. The adds appear after every video calls is irritating.

Advantages and disadvantages of Viber messenger

Viber doesn't require to register with website to use. It easily connected with my phone number by a confirmation call. Messaging is very easy. It can also share photos and videos with others exept sometimes difficult to reach the phone storage through app. It shows whether the recipient delivered or seen the message to keep the chat continuously. We can chat with friends who are in abroad normally without any additional charges. It is very helpful. In Viber, group chats helpes to share day to day experiences with friends. Really helpful to keep connected with people in same purposes. Every person can't reach each other in anytime due to some problems like geological problems. So this is a good method. Personally it really helped me for keep connected with my personal purposes. Sometimes messages doesn't send or receive in both chats showing nothing. It should be solved. Voice and video calling is good and cost free method. Easily can be handled and video and voice calling is in good quality even in somewhat less connection. Sometimes connection breaks even in good connection. Viber applications can use in any connection like wifi, 4G or 3G. Also all these communications are really safe. We can add privacy options for it. Viber also helps to discover information using viber community. Also sharing location and secret chatting options are really helpful. These things can use only with Whatsapp users. It is a problem to connect with some others.

Pros

Free chats and calls. Good quality video and voice calls.

Cons

Take time to load the application. Somewhat difficult to share files.

Dimitar from Experian

My experience with Viber

I'm happy to use the free service they are offering, but this "groups" thing is very very annoying. I also wouldn't recommend their paid services.

Pros

- available on multiple platforms - Windows, iOS, MacOS, Android, Linux - very good sound quality - Multiple communications methods - text messaging, calls, video calls, locations sharing, international paid calls to landlines and cell, picture and file sharing. - Emojis, Gifs - very snappy and easy to use

Cons

- completely dumb politics when it comes to paid profiles - I have some money put in it in case I need to make an international call. However, after some time I did not use that option I received mail from Viber that my account will be frozen with the money in it, and If i ever need it will have to contact them first (this takes DAYS). - I was calling from viber to a UK GSM number and was overcharged. Instead of 15 cents they took whole 1$. When I contacted the support I was told that the number I was calling was a number with additional charges(which is not - just a regular GSM). - Too spammy from "groups" that I do not want to follow, and there's no way to remove them from your feed.

Viber in my opinion

Viber came out be the best messaging application for me where I can quickly connect to the person from my phone contact list. Unlike other application, it also allows me to customize my own stickers package and share. Overall, I would like to recommend this software for those quick and easy messaging purpose.

Pros

I would like to address some of the features that I found most pleasing. - First of all, this software has reasonable pricing and is user friendly. - The same call can be easily transfer from phone to desktop without any interruption (incase of low battery in phone) - It is completely integrate with our phone contacts that manages our phone logs within the application.

Cons

It would have been better if Viber focus on some of the below weak point. - For temporary basis if one doesn't want to be active in Viber, either they should deactivate the account or disconnect the WIFI service. (Logout feature would have solved the issue) - Unless you have Viber active in the mobile, you cannot use the desktop application of Viber. They are completely attached. (It would have been better if the desktop application is loosely coupled with the Viber's mobile application.)

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,588 reviews