• Pros

• "Very easy to use and the back up from support is second to none."

• "Easy to implement and use. Affordable. Great tech support."

• "Ease of use and intuitiveness. The website tool box is really easy to use once you start using it."

• Cons

• "The software works fine as a forum, but I hope that someday they sell the software license so it could be installed on my company's server rather than on my website as an embedded file."

• "Besides integrating it easily, it has a not so easy to use interface. A huge range of funcionality which is difficult to explore. "

• "Limited range of design templates, some a bit dated now."

Browse Website Toolbox Reviews

Nickolas from GoNaked Magazine

Industry: Publishing

Easy, Attractive, and Terrific Customer Service

Just brilliant. The embeddable forum looks like a natural extension of my site. Customers love being able to keep in touch with each other.

Pros

I have a group of dedicated users who love forums. I searched for an attractive forum that could be embedded directly into my existing site. Even before the free trial was over, I knew that I would be purchasing from Website Toolbox. The options to make attractive forums really appealed to me, and setting up the forum was a snap. One of my users requested a feature (to embed Spotify playlists). I passed that along to the Dev team. I was told it might take 2-3 months, but they would work on it. Surprisingly, they got the feature built that same day! I was stunned!

Cons

My moderators can't seem to delete posts.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the wonderful comments! A moderator can delete a post by following these instructions: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/how-do-i-delete-a-postreply-49 Please make sure the moderator has the "Delete posts" permission for that category. Feel free to contact the support team if you need any assistance with setting that up correctly!

Linda from Inclusive Leadership Co-operative

Fantastic online support for a forum that is so Clear and Simple to Set Up and Use

The main benefit is in building an interactive online learning community. Another benefit is that sometimes the discussions can easily be edited into collaboratively written articles.

Pros

This Discussion Forum can easily be organized according to 3 levels (and more if you want to get more complex). This makes it so easy for us to organize discussions that follow our course curriculum. The website toolbox staff provide fantastic online support.

Cons

Although it is possible to create different user groups and run two or more separate discussion forums with the same account - this is cumbersome and stressful. So we have arranged at custom alternative with Website Toolbox.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

The main reason is that Disqus is a public forum that cannot be made confidential (participants are encouraged to share their discussions on social media). We also researched a number of other discussion forum software tools and found them to be incomprehensible and so not useful.

Reasons for Switching to Website Toolbox

We still use (and love) the Thinkific Online course platform. It is just that their 2 discussion forum options did not work well at all. One of their options (Disqus) is a public forum that cannot be made confidential (participants are encouraged to share their discussions on social media). The other option was cumbersome and very difficult and frustrating for participants in our course to use.

Paige from Industrial Hemp USA

Industry: Biotechnology

Farmers Agricultural Forum

It does serve as a resource for new farmers however it’s hard to keep people engaged because the posts do not automatically feed into other social media. First year I did not have a lot of traffic, this year I’ve had a lot more and the negative feedback I’ve gotten from users is embarrassing. I feel trapped because I can understand their frustrations but I can’t do anything about it.

Pros

It was easy enough to setup. I’m not familiar with other products.

Cons

Templates are outdated looking, fonts are outdated. Nearly impossible to filter into other social media sites, which is the main thing all of my users are looking for. It’s extremely difficult to organize topics, people post everywhere. People complain it’s hard to follow conversations. I also do not like not being able to customize the url.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

It seemed like a better option at the time, I had little experience with forum building.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Hi Paige! Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you found Website Toolbox easy to set up! We usually add new themes every few months. Just 2 days ago we added a new theme called Minimal. Each theme allows you to choose from over 34 of the most popular fonts provided by Google. You can easily preview and choose a font in the theme customizer. I see that your forum already has Facebook integration enabled. Please contact us (reply to this email) to let us us know how you'd like posts to filter into other social media sites. It is possible to have the post posted on Facebook when it is posted on the forum. You can create as many categories as you'd like so that people post in those categories. I'd recommend assigning a trusted moderator with limited permissions so that they can move topics into the correct category when it is in the wrong category. Users can receive email notifications of topics they're following or have posted in. I'll be glad to hear more about how we can improve.

Tanya from Jacquard Products

Very strong forum utility with outstanding customer support

We use Website Toolbox as our company's user forum - we contacted them in the midst of a site re-design, requesting assistance with porting *years* of past historical forum posts and user accounts from a crumbling platform crippled by spam users, not expecting that they not only could do this, but facilitated it and lost no data. Customer support with this company is consistently the best I've experienced in 20+ years as a web developer - highly responsive, very knowledgeable, does not drop the ball on issues. Any questions I've had have been answered promptly and thoroughly, any issues have been rectified. Our website is well over 500 pages, with full e-comm and locator functionality - of the four main components I deal with in managing the project, Website Toolbox's user forum is the least costly, least time consuming, highest performing component, hands down.

Pros

Features, ease of use, simplicity of admin console, cost, customer support , ability to customize

Cons

Not applicable - it checks all the boxes in terms of what we need and then some, and far exceeds expectations on customer support.

Reasons for Switching to Website Toolbox

Our old site was using an open source older version of Vanilla, and it was crumbling under massive spam user attacks. We were completely re-developing the project and our user forum is a very valuable component, with years of product support information. We chose Website Toolbox due to a solid product and ridiculously good customer support from initial contact through ongoing support.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied July 2019

Wow! Thanks for those extremely kind words Tanya! It's reviews like yours that make all of the hard work worth it! :)

Laura from Timberview Association

HOA Forum

This is probably way more than we need for 72 homeowners, but I think it really speaks to the ability to scale this product to your needs.

Pros

We had to have a forum for our HOA. After I built a squarespace website, I added the forum using Website Toolbox. I can't be happier with how well it works for our community. I love the features and the ability to quickly add and delete users.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve. But, there's always someone to quickly help.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

This one had great reviews for playing well with squarespace.

Reasons for Switching to Website Toolbox

Listserv is terrible and it lead to people in our community just using it to harass one another and spread gossip. Website Toolbox is a million times better and much more appropriate. I can quickly delete anything that doesn't need to be posted and stop the spread of misinformation immediately.

LUCAS from Culture Hustlers

Clean and easy

Great!

Pros

The clean look of this form was crucial. We wanted something that looked native on our site and Website Toolbox's forum is perfect. Being able to use our branded colors and fonts made this seamless.

Cons

We had one issue with connecting our Memberspace accounts to the forum, and the Website Toolbox team says they are resolving it. I also wish that it was more clear that you can tag other users in your posts, though we just had to be upfront with how to do that.

Reasons for Switching to Website Toolbox

Muut looks awful when integrated. Website Toolbox looks native.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your wonderful review Lucas! It's great to hear that your forum fit perfectly into your website! :)

Jeff from Halliburton

Industry: Oil & Energy

Forum

We just use it as a conversation and communication tool.

Pros

Able to have different topics and subjects.

Cons

Not easy to get a list of users so a mass email can be sent.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad Website Toolbox has been useful for your group. You can email your users through the admin area by going to the Users -> Email section. If you click on the View Email Addresses link, it'll even give you a full list of the email addresses in case you want to use a different email system to email the users. Alternatively, you can download your entire members list in the Content -> Export section of the admin area. You can open it up in a spreadsheet program or even in a database. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this process.

Melissa from Dhamma-dipa.com

Good basic forum function for my site

It a helpful, basic tool that improves the online classes I offer without adding a lot of costs.

Pros

Is tool enables my students to connect with me and with each other in one location, cutting down the number of emails associated with online classes and making the classes a more enjoyable and rich experience.

Cons

It is difficult to customize the look and feel of the forum, the way the topics are organized and presented on the page. It is not possible to generate a share a link to just one reply or one topic, as far as I can tell.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2020

Thanks for your review Melissa! I'm surprised that you you found it difficult to customize the look and feel of the forum. We have many different themes to choose from. The themes have a built-in theme editor with live preview functionality and the ability to set your logo, header image, primary and secondary colors, announcement, custom CSS, etc. I'm not aware of any other forum builder that has such a great theme editor. If you need any custom design changes, just let us know and our designers will be glad to make some changes for you. You can share a post by following these instructions: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/sharing-a-post-840 Have a fantastic day!

Tyshel from MotorHead Gurus

MotorHead Gurus Forum

Pros

The product integrates easily and has the functions necessary for a forum. The support team is helpful with quick replies to request for assistance and questions.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

It was easier to use Website Toolbox rather build a forum and the customer service is a good support team.

Jeff from MarCat Supplies

Customer service

I like it.

Pros

I like the ease of use But I have found the cuztomer service to be the best part of websits toolbox.

Cons

The template (theme) I chose is limited. And I do t want to change it but it will not allow me to add links.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your feedback, and your wonderful comments regarding our customer service and ease of use. You can follow these instructions to add links to the navigation menu of your forum: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/adding-a-link-to-the-navigation-menu-616 Please also check out the two new themes called Classic and Material that we've launched over the last few months. We're also in the final stages of launching several new themes called Minimal, Lights Out, and Compact. Next week we'll also be launching the newest and most powerful version of our easy theme editor, which gives you even more control over the appearance of your forum.

Larry from TSM

Forum User only

They respond to support requests in a reasonable amount of time. They resolve issues on their end quickly. Communicating with my users has helped smooth a lot of potential issues.

Pros

It was relatively easy to set up and works (mostly) seamlessly. Does very nice job of setting up PayPal subscription accounts for paid forum features. Also tracks when users respond to a post and e-mails me.

Cons

Occasional glitches. Was throwing users out of paid access for a while but customer service fixed that promptly. Sometimes a customer cannot sign in and the issue resolves itself in a day but i can never tell if it was a user error or temporary software glitch. It has a lot of action logging features that I don't have time to play with. Many features are over my head (and available time) to install or implement. You can blame that on my head and lack of time, or on the software not being as user-friendly as it could be. I don't have anything else to compare it to. Access issues for a visually disabled user. Maybe this is beyond anyone's capacity to fix but I have a visually disabled user who is unable to consistently access the forum. Has to do with her text reading software not able to pick up click boxes and the like. I think that a tech would need to sit down with her at her computer to adequately understand the access issue. I suspect this is commonplace.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied December 2018

Hi Larry! Thanks for the 5-star review! I'm glad Website Toolbox has been easy for you to set up and that you're earning money from your forum through our Paid Access feature! If you ever decide that you want to explore the more advanced features a bit more, try our help center for detailed guidance. Even better, just live chat, call, or email us anytime and we'd be glad to walk you through it! Thanks!

LOVE Website Toolbox!

Our website forum is integral to our sales. As customers post photos on our forum it encourages others to buy the product. The forum provides a great customer community. It includes members from all around the world.

Pros

The number one thing I love about Website Toolbox is the ease of integrating a forum into my website. The forum sits on their servers so there's no software or maintenance required on my end. In addition their team will work closely with you to ensure your forum looks exactly like your website. Plus the flat monthly fee includes unlimited image storage which is so important to us since we cater to woodworkers and almost every post includes images. Website Toolbox is continually improving and upgrading the software which I love.

Cons

I don't have any negatives. One feature I'd love to see in the future would be a built in translator for foreign language posts and for members from different countries to be able to view the forum in their native language.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied December 2018

Hi there! Thanks for your awesome 5-star review! There's nothing that makes us happier than seeing "love" in all capital letters! :) Built-in translation of user's posts to another user's current language is a fantastic suggestion. Thanks for that! We will add it in the future. Note that users can see the forum in their own language. The forum automatically detects the language that the user speaks and displays the forum in that language. 12 different languages are supported, and we can add any other language upon request. This is supported in any forum theme created within the last 2 years.

Wendy from Academy of Spirit

A True Asset

We all love it! As the Admin, I find it very easy to use and create content for the users. The users all love the ability to chat and get info from each other.

Pros

As a Life Coach, I occasionally run book groups for my clients, when I do I use this software. It has helped my clients be able to learn and grow and change their lives. I write assignments and then each client reads the book and posts their input on the board for the group to read and interact with. It helps the client to not feel that they are the only person dealing with a specific situation and helps them leave their issues behind them. Thanks for this very useful tool!

Cons

I currently have one client who has changed her name and unfortunately there is no way to change her name on her account. We have discovered that in order to begin using her new legal name she must close out her old account and begin a new one, but that would be abandoning all previous posts and content. I wish it was easier to edit personal info so that my client could edit her name and keep her contributions.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Hi Wendy! Thanks for your great feedback! I'm so glad that the forum is helping all of your clients. As an admin, you can edit a user's username or their legal full name if they provided that. Here are instructions on how to change the username: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/changing-the-username-of-a-user-76 Here are instructions on how to edit a user's profile to change their full name: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/editing-members-254 (Users can also do that themselves.) If you're using a custom Single Sign On integration which uses the full name and because of that you aren't able to change that information, please contact our support team and we'll be glad to make the change for you.

Petra from Messinger woods wildlife care and education center

Issues with email receiving

Useful but too many issies

Pros

Ease of use and set up. Setting it up and customizing it was easy.

Cons

A large number of people i forum do not reveive emails, and no fix is offered. Fixes are offered only on individual basis when tech support is contacted reg a certain user.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your review Petra! I'm glad that setting up and customizing the forum was easy for you! We've recently worked to make any email delivery issues very transparent to the user. If the email isn't received due to a returned email from the email provider (full inbox, non-existent email address, etc.) , we show a message to the user informing them of that when they log in to the forum. In the next few weeks, we'll also be making a change that will show a notification in the forum Notifications menu if a user is unsubscribed from any type of email due to the email being returned as spam either because the email provider returned it as spam or the user marked it as spam. This way it'll be super clear why an email wasn't received by a specific user. We're also constantly monitoring email delivery to email providers to ensure that your forum maintains the highest possible email reputation score to ensure successful email delivery.

Rick from Computer Software

Great Forums software solution

Allows our clubs to communicate with each other outside our regular meeting locations. Watch club membership can also be controlled through the software from approvals to deletions.

Pros

Website toolbox has been our provider for our Watch Club Forums (350 members) for 7 years and also hosts forums for a local activity club (65 members). Software is easy to setup and functions very well. Company is constantly updating with new features. Downtime has been zero and if you need support they are there quickly and solve issues promptly. Highly recommend this company if you are looking to add forums capabilities to your association or company,

Cons

Major Software changes should be advised before implementation to administrator.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your review Rick! It's fantastic that your forum has grown to have so many members! We'll continue to provide you with the excellent support, new features, ease of use, and zero downtime that you've come to expect!

Neil from Koi

Great forum system, great pricing, outstanding support

Pros

Easy to set up, everything works as expected, easy to customise. Customer support was 24x7 via livechat, very helpful and always gave right answer; dev team also implemented an improvement I suggested (ability to upload .ico files as favicons) within days of me suggesting it.

Cons

Threaded replies would be invaluable, also proper @mentions, and proper Tags support.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

Discourse promised a modern system etc etc - but the system is unusable - I'm a tech veteran and could not figure out how to change a theme or a color - baffling, and no help in sight. PlushForums' achilles heel is its editor, which is not WYSIWYG RTF like WSTB, uses BBcode instead (like Markdown), baffling for new users and awkward on small screens, also laborious to add images - Upload image first, then create link to image - like the Dark Ages. Also the pricing model is based on online users, difficult if you can't predict this, whereas WSTB has simpler (and much cheaper) pricing based just on pageviews.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied March 2020

Thanks for your excellent feedback Neil! We do have user mentions support already. While we currently have threaded replies by using quotes, we'll be adding even more robust support very soon. Tagging is a great suggestion that's also on our short-term development roadmap.

David from education

Reliable and flexible, with good customer support.

I run a discussion forum connected with a website. I have found the platform to be completely stable, and whenever I have had a technical query it has been quickly resolved.

Pros

Ease of use, and flexibility, offering both Forums and Guestbooks. Very good customer support via online chat and email.

Cons

Limited range of design templates, some a bit dated now.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied December 2018

Hi David! Thanks for your review! I'm glad you loved our support and found Website Toolbox to be easy to use, reliable, and flexible. Please check out the two new themes called Classic and Material that we've launched over the last few months. A while before that we launched the Angela and Modern Elegance themes. We're also in the final stages of launching several new themes called Minimal, Lights Out, and Compact. All of the new themes have huge design improvements. Definitely take a look! We've also launched the newest and most powerful version of our easy theme editor, which gives you even more control over the appearance of your forum.

sagar from Superior Profit

Very friendly and efficient support on a robust software for Forum

I use the Forum to share analysis of the stock and market with my followers. This software allows me to do that effortlessly while avoiding other people to submit/share irrelevant topics. The permission levels allow me to monitor/control that. There is an email facility that helps me to keep in touch with my followers.

Pros

Most of the customizations like theme etc. can be done by the user him/herself. No special skill is required. Permission is at a granular level.

Cons

The paid forum functionality is for the "whole forum". It cannot be activated for a selective category.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied September 2019

Hi Sagar, Thanks for the fantastic review! I'm glad that you've loved the customization and permission controls we have. You can set up Paid Access for specific categories instead of the whole forum by going to Settings -> Paid Access -> Permission and changing it to "Specific Categories". You can then select the categories that you'd like to enable Paid Access for.

Website Toolbox

The overall platform has worked well for what we needed. I did have a period of time that users were unable to login and our forum was inactive for about a month. Besides the few small glitches I have had, it has been a great product and the customer service works hard to solve your issues.

Pros

The customer service is amazing. They're always quick to respond and handle your issues.

Cons

Functionality can, at times, be unstable if you embed into a Wordpress site. You cannot use your theme builder to change the page or the code will be damaged. All design of the page must be handled through Website Toolbox. This may not be an issue for other site builders.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your wonderful comments! We definitely do strive to have amazing customer support! Thanks for reporting the issue regarding not being able to use the WordPress theme builder without it damaging your embed code. I've escalated that to our Quality Assurance team for investigation. Can you contact our support team regarding this at https://www.websitetoolbox.com/contact so that they can discuss with you if they have any difficulty reproducing the issue? Thanks!

Wayne from automotive

Two Forums

The experience has been good with Website Toolbox is just a shame that Facebook has pretty much done away with forums.

Pros

Very easy to use and looks professional.

Cons

It’s been around for a long time and could stand an update.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your feedback Wayne! I'm glad Website Toolbox has been easy to use and looks professional. Definitely do check out our new Classic and Material themes for a fresh and modern look for your forum. We have a new theme called Minimal coming soon, along with others called Classic, Compact, and Lights Out to follow shortly after. We're constantly updating all aspects of the forum and admin area. You can always check here for the latest updates: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/blog/whats-new-504 Facebook is great for short-form comments, but it's not really ideal for long-form discussions, owning your own content, improving SEO, monetizing your community, privacy of your users and data, or customizing the appearance. Forums are still the best!

Cliff from Apparels

Website Toolbox was the only choice for me

I was able to make a forum for my friends and I after struggling for several months trying to figure out BBEdit and other software like that. This was really, really helpful in fixing my problems. It's not without its flaws, but it's good enough for me!

Pros

The ease of use. I don't know much about coding at all, but the instructions and customer service are really helpful. The features were well worth the price after weighing everything; there are perhaps more complete solutions for companies out there, but not much for an individual who just wanted to make a forum.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to add pages to a forum; I wish I could integrate it more fully with my website. Also, letting you only read the newest posts would be nice; not sure if there's a way to easily implement that.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

It was, quite simply, the easiest solution for me. I wanted to build a forum quickly without learning how to code, and this was the only solution I could find that could do that within the minuscule​ budget I had.

EASE OF USE!

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Hi Cliff, Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you've liked our ease of use, customer service, value for the price, and features! Adding custom pages to the forum is a great idea that is currently on our development roadmap. We will add the feature in the near future. In the meantime, please see if this approach works for you: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/adding-a-link-to-the-navigation-menu-616 To view the new topics in your forum, click on the "New" link on the topics listing page. That will sort the topics so that the most recently created topics are at the top. You can click the "Latest" link so that the most recently updated topics are at the top. If you're using an old theme, you'd need to upgrade first. When you view a topic, the forum will automatically show you the newest post first. It will remember where you stopped reading and will take you directly to the next newest post. I hope that helps!

Jeffery from Vintage Football Community (VFC)

A nice, easy to use software package to setup and manage forums

Our group is just a hobby group so wanted software that was easy to use and maintain. Love the software and the customer support is outstanding

Pros

Ease of setting up a forum. Ease of maintaining a forum.

Cons

Speed. Loads too slow sometimes. Some features will disappear for users occasionally.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Hi Jeffery, Thanks for your review! It's lovely to hear that Website Toolbox has been easy to set up and maintain and that you think our customer support is outstanding! :) We do build the platform for split second page loads, so if the page is loading slowly for you now or at any time, please contact us and let us know (websitetoolbox.com/contact). The issue could be caused by custom HTML that you may have added to the header/footer of your forum or by something else that is interfering with normal page loads. We'll be glad to investigate it for you.

Nate from Citizen Click

Easy to use software and packed full of features

The initial set-up was easy and straight forward. It took a bit of time getting use to the software as it doesn't operate in any similar way to previous software I have used. There were some parts ion the setup I really struggled with however I over came these with the help of the excellent customer support.

Pros

No coding knowledge is needed to be able to get set up and running. The ability for users to access the forum via Facebook login has been well received from our test users and we believe it has reduced the amount of users who abandon us during the signup process.

Cons

Some features were tricky to set up. I found the difference between embedding or using an app wasn't very clear. Couldn't see the advantages from one over the other nor which one had actually been executed in the first instance. Also some features no longer work, such as embedding the forum into a Facebook page state tab as Facebook have changed some of their features. The tutorials need to be updated to reflect this.

Reasons for Switching to Website Toolbox

Instead of using separate software for forums, direct messaging and live chat Website Toolbox offers all this and more, straight out of the box.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your feedback Nate! I'm glad the forum has been easy to set up and that Facebook login has been well received! We're investigating the feedback you provided regarding embedding the forum into Facebook and the distinction between app vs embedding. We'll definitely update our documentation if needed. Thanks!

Don from Design Enterprises of SF

Great Forum

I use my forum as a support service for my non-fiction how-to books. I use to run online classes using Moodle. But it was technically cumbersome. If I wasn't semi-retired, I would definitely explore the possibility of using a forum from this service for paid online classes.

Pros

I have owned 2 Yahoo Groups for a good number of years. But I am now moving my discussion groups to this service. The tech support is great and the features are far superior to what Yahoo offers. I like having the ability to exclude advertising which I find very distracting from the purpose of my forum.

Cons

I can't think of a thing that this service does not offer that I need.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your wonderful comments Don!

Nicholas from Financial Services

Feedback

Pros

The ability to add HTML/CSS to format the look of the site to match own personal website.

Cons

The default layouts (aesthetically speaking). They look dated and have some CSS-clunkiness to them.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied December 2018

Hi Nicholas! Thanks for your 5-star review! I'm glad that you've been able to customize the forum to match your website. Please check out our new themes called Classic, Playtime, Material, Angela, and Modern Elegance that we've launched over the last few months. We're also in the final stages of launching several new themes called Minimal, Lights Out, and Compact. We recent launched the newest and most powerful version of our easy theme editor, which gives you even more control over the appearance of your forum.

Josh from Vectis Automation LLC

Industry: Industrial Automation

Very impressed

Great!

Pros

Super easy to setup and embed onto our Squarespace. We had some issues with connecting the domain, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in support were exceptionally responsive and helpful - they found the root cause and fixed it within hours of me reaching out. And, turns out, it was a Google Chrome update issue not a Website Toolbox issue. Overall, very impressed!

Cons

There are lower priced options in the market, but so far I see no reason to switch - especially with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] level of service.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

Member-only viewing with standard plan

cathie from Associates for Professional Development

Industry: Executive Office

Use it a lot!

I'm glad you have a tool like this - but I'm sure I'm using uniquely.

Pros

I like that it helps me to create a forum for my teams to share ideas and communicate what they are learning in trainings.

Cons

Can be wonky log in and stuff and the price jump from the first year I used it to now is a lot.. we only use it for a forum - for intercommunication - so the price we pay is high for what we are using. I understand that it can do much more than we use it for - but I wish there was tiered pricing that was more in line - or that we could have been grandfathered. The issue is that because I use with one team for 6 months and then close it out and then have to open another to use with the next training - it's frustrating for pricing and set up.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

I didn't see anything that would allow me the ease at the price point - now that you have gone up - I might be able to find something else...but I already knew your software.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Hi Cathie, Thanks for your review! I'm glad it has been helpful for communication among your teams. I'd like to clarify that we do have tiered pricing. We have a Starter, Growth, and Pro plan that each serve a different size forum. You choose your plan when subscribing and can change it at any time. Your situation is definitely unique! If you're starting with a new team every 6 months, you can keep the same Website Toolbox account and just ask us to erase the content of your forum. That will allow you to start from scratch and still keep the same pricing due to grandfathering.

Sean from TMC

Good for basic forum software

Pros

Inexpensive, yet had the basics we needed. Fairly easy to use out of the gate.

Cons

Interface seemed a little outdated, but this didn't affect how I used it.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Hi Sean, It's great to hear that you think Website Toolbox is great value for the money and that it was easy to use from the get go. Please check out the two new themes called Classic and Material that we've launched over the last few months for a fresh new interface. We're also in the final stages of launching several new themes called Minimal, Lights Out, and Compact. This year we're also planning to launch a complete redesign of the admin area!

Halima from Africode Org

My review so far

I feel okay about it. I've seriously considered changing

Pros

The ability to choose themes and ease of matching my website theme.

Cons

- Not being able to see metrics of emails sent from my forum, who's viewing them and who's not - Little odd behaviors like not showing all posts in a category when sub-categories exist - Bigger variety of custom themes

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied November 2019

Hi Halima! I'm glad you've liked being able to choose themes and make them match your website! Thanks for the great feedback regarding wanting more themes and for categories to list the topics from their subcategories. The good news is that we have 2 new themes ("Lights Out" and "Compact") currently under quality assurance testing, so they'll be launched soon! Other themes are under development. We plan to launch many of new themes over the next several months. The second great news is that the change to make categories list topics from their subcategories is already developed and in the final stage of quality assurance testing. It should be launched within the next one to two weeks! Feel free to contact us directly with any other awesome feedback that you have. Thanks!

Dan from The Hyperacusis Network

The Hyperacusis Network

Good way for people all over the world to communicate.

Pros

Ease of use, architecture of the message board.

Cons

Cost and customer support. There is no phone number to call when help is needed.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Hi Dan, Thanks for your feedback! It's awesome to hear that Website Toolbox has been easy for you to use! We do provide phone support. Our phone number is published on our contact page: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/contact/. The phone number is 1-800-921-7803. We also provide live chat and email support. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!

David from 4xForecaster

Industry: Capital Markets

Needing more features

Great customer service, but limited functions (payments, social media).

Pros

Ease of use makes the site an attractive option.

Cons

Would like to see more social media interface.

Ease of use.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Hi David, It seems like everyone loves our customer support and also how easy Website Toolbox is! Thanks for your feedback regarding the social media and payments features. Definitely check out our Facebook Connect integration (log in with Facebook) and our Paid Access feature (users can subscribe to your content or donate).

Clay from MofroFans

Industry: Music

Easy to set up. Lots of options.

I run a fan forum out of my pocket. This is inexpensive in relative terms to others I’ve seen. It gives me options to customize to the fan experience.

Pros

It’s easy to set up and I’m not a web developer by any sense.

Cons

I had a hard time sizing it width wise at first but figured it out.

Reasons for Switching to Website Toolbox

Needed more options for users.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the excellent review Clay! It's great to hear that you've found Website Toolbox to be easy to set up, fully featured, and inexpensive!

Michelle from Better bridal group

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Excellent upgrade from our last forum

Overall we are very pleased with Website Toolbox!

Pros

The ease of set up and online subscription payment.

Cons

I really wish there were push notifications when posts are made.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied December 2018

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your 5-star review! I'm glad that the subscription payments feature has been earning you some money! Your users can choose to be notified via email when any new post occurs, when a topic they post in has a new reply, or when topics that they follow have new replies. This is a great way for them to stay engaged with the forum. We're also working on in-forum notifications of those events as well, just in case users would rather not receive email notifications. If you'd like to set up something more advanced or creative, like SMS (mobile text message) or browser push notifications, you can use our webhooks feature to develop that functionality. Please contact our support team if you need any assistance with setting those things up.

Steven from Medical Devices

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Pros

The speed with which it is set up. The access to chat support is one of the reasons I am still here

Cons

Lack of self-produced themes Icon issues EVERY update.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Hi Steven, I'm glad to hear that you've loved our chat support and speedy set up! Please email me details regarding how you'd like to produce your own theme. Is that via writing all the CSS from scratch, or do you envision a different process? Your feedback will help us understand your needs better so that we can build the right thing. Also let me know what icon issue you're facing during updates and I'll be glad to look further into that for you.

Allen from Bosch Rexroth Corporation

Industry: Industrial Automation

Support Forum for Industrial Automation

We are still growing our presence among our customers with the forum. I hope to start using it more effectively in the future.

Pros

It is fairly easy to setup and get going. The process to approve users and organize the forum are easy.

Cons

The customer support is slow sometimes. The SOE didn't work very well for a long time.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

The start-up time was much faster and therefore cheaper than alternatives.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your feedback Allen! I'm glad you've found the forum to be easy to use and set up! Our live chat support is available 17 hours per day and provides immediate responses. Email support is often replied to within 12 hours, but can take up to 24 hours depending on if our development team needs to get involved. We will continually work to provide the fastest support possible.

Steve from Homebrewinguk.com

What a fantastic company

Excellent customer care, very affordable and really friendly people to deal with. The customer service people are mind blowing good and nothing is a problem. Many thanks to the reps.

Pros

Very easy to use and the back up from support is second to none.

Cons

Nothing at all, very easy to use, a total amateur can set this up from scratch in under a hour easily.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the flattering feedback Steve!

Joseph from The 2020 Forum

Lovely Forum Software

I had searched for a forum software that meets my needs of ease of use, image adding and video embedding functionality. More importantly I wanted to monetize my forum using a method of payment that does not require me having to own a merchant account and website tool box had all of that. One more thing, the security and hosting should be the responsibility of the software developers. I found website tool box and Website toolbox ticked all the boxes for me. Really cool forum software

Pros

Cons

I am yet to find something that needs to be added because a lot of what I thought was missing was sorted out by the technical team

Mark from R-PAS

Great forum software for small businesses

The Website Toolbox forum provides access for our users to discuss clinical issues and questions pertaining to our services.

Pros

Website Toolbox provides a long list of features for their forum software at a great price. Customer support is always quick to assist if we have any questions.

Cons

Would like more options for color/theme of forum.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied December 2018

Hi Mark! Thanks for your flattering review! Please check out our new themes called Classic, Playtime, Material, Angela, and Modern Elegance that we've launched over the last few months. We're also in the final stages of launching several new themes called Minimal, Lights Out, and Compact. We recent launched the newest and most powerful version of our easy theme editor, which gives you even more control over the appearance of your forum.

Tim from Coleman Collectors Forum

Great Forum Providor

WT has been responsive to any problems. Great experience as we enter out 10th year with them.

Pros

This has a great administrative section with easy to follow instructions. Easy to assign moderators.

Cons

Not much I don't like. Great management!

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied November 2018

Hi Tim! Thanks so much for being with us for a decade. Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations on a flourishing forum!

Kitty from DeBlogacademie.nl

Better than most forums, but still not ideal

Good, quick support. Annoying that the last few things take so long.

Pros

Ease of set up, ease of use, easy navigation - the forum scrolls to the right post for you. Way easier to start using than forums like Phpbb, both as an admin and as a visitor. Editing tools are very complete, posting pictures and video is super easy. Messaging works great, too. Lots of features that I don’t even use - like sharing from the forum to social media.

Cons

That necessary adjustments to the code sometimes take a long time to get fixed. I have had several requests that were met quickly, which was great. The last few seem to go unresolved. But they are important too.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Hi Kitty, Thanks for all the wonderful comments! It's awesome to hear how Website Toolbox is working great for you. The process of making changes to the system does take time sometimes due to it having to be thoroughly tested to ensure that there are no unintended consequences to the forum. Feel free to give us a little nudge by replying to your support ticket and we'll update you on the status of your request!

Ian from Private Investor Club LLC

Excellent service and product

Pros

The software does everything needed and is a 10 out of 10. But where it really shines is when you have an issue or question and you need to contact support. They are always extremely courteous, helpful and do their best to assist you. That makes it an 11 out of 10! Highly recommended.

Cons

I am hoping that they change the format of the emails so that they have a summary/index at the top which makes it easier to use like competitors do.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied June 2019

Hi Ian, Thanks for your amazing 11 out of 10 review! I'm glad you've loved our support team. :) We've recorded your feedback and are considering it for future revisions.

A Solid Forum Platform

The forum is a place for our users to share ideas and ask questions about how to use our product. It works really well for that.

Pros

Website Toolbox is easy to setup, easy for users to interact with and is a very reliable tool for hosting our online forum.

Cons

Some of our users struggle with more advanced features like adding in photos but this is typical of all forums that I use.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your review! It's great to hear that your forum was easy to set up, is easy for your users to interact with, and has proven to be reliable over the last 2 years you've been with us! We're constantly looking for ways to make the forum even more easy to use. We'll investigate how we can make photo uploading even more user-friendly. Thanks for your feedback.

Vincenzo from Oukside

The innovation the "forum industry" need

We are using the platform for interaction between user/customer and coaching/training team. This allows us to have all organized in one platform, avoiding the typical disorganization that appear with chat, e-mail, and so on.

Pros

I like that have all the features of a "forum", with a built-in system that make it closer to a "messaging system" (but without the chaos and disorganization that often you see in a typical "chat").

Cons

Even if it has very strong potentiality, it still resemble the functioning of an "old style forum" (but the team are working on that, and I think can transform it in the best team-team or team-customer communication system on the web).

Peter from Equine Sports Connection

Highly recommended

Customisation, API's.

Pros

Support, variety of features, very well documented API's

Cons

1/ Help system is located in a window that cannot be detached from the current working area 2/ Would recommend clearer inteface for uninitiated (I expect issues here for moderators).

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

For the value for money, independence of the hosting site, functionality, richness of features.

David from Combat Enterprises

Easy to use and affordable Forum Software!

Great forum software for those that do not want to host their own server. Easy to use. Helpful tech support.

Pros

Easy to implement and use. Affordable. Great tech support.

Cons

An android app with push notifications would be a great compliment.

Reasons for Switching to Website Toolbox

I wanted a more easy to use product without having to do the server side hosting and maintenance myself.

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied March 2020

Thanks for your excellent review David! It's awesome to see that you think we're affordable, easy to use, and have great tech support! Push notifications are available on Android using the Web Push Notifications feature. Any forum on the Growth or Pro plan has access to that feature. We're working on an Android app!

Jane from CTPL

Industry: Food Production

Exceptionally responsive Customer Service

We are using Website Toolbox to deliver ready-made forums for farmers to discuss topics of interest in a private forum - very cost-effective & easy to use for that purpose.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up - with a few bits of technical language that I wasn't familiar with, but the? icons next to each field are immensely helpful. The Customer Service was very responsive and helpful - a superb online Chat agent was very patient with my questions and effectively did the set up for me.

Cons

Nothing bad - I found it to be quite straightforward except when it came to the option to embed vs link to our website - I needed some help with that & the Chat Team were brilliant and solved the issue very quickly for me.

Reasons for Choosing Website Toolbox

Integration with MembershipWorks which manages the access to the Forum via SSO as part of a wider membership management portal.

Tobias from Clustermarket

Industry: Biotechnology

Easy to integrate system

We have been using Website Toolbox for nearly two years now. It was easy to integrate and we have are super happy so far.

Pros

It is easy to integrate and to customize and it brings a wide range fo features.

Steve from WTiN

Industry: Textiles

Absolutely Perfect For Us!!!

We are running a two week event (online) that requires a discussion forum. Website Toolbox fits the requirement perfectly, as it's a clean, customisable forum solution that doesn't have a load of baggage with it!

Pros

1. Perfect fir feature set for us. 2. Excellent integration options (webhooks, etc.). 3. Nice customisation options, with a focus not only on adding loads of features, but options to take them away too. 4. Inexpensive approach to single-sign-on and other items which are usually big dollars! 5. The support is absolutely outstanding.

Cons

It sounds cheesy, but I really am struggling to think of one at the moment. We are relatively new to the platform, but thus far, everything has been great. Perhaps for some applications the feature set may not be totally comprehensive, but it does the basics of a forum application exceptionally well!

Easy to use, quick setup, affordable

I have been using Website Toolbox for 4-5 years and have been very happy with it. The few times I needed customer service, they were responsive and fixed the issue. I highly recommend this software and would make the same decision to use it again.

Pros

I love how quick and easy it was to setup my private member site using Website Toolbox. I simply could not believe it after I wasted a lot of time trying various plugins for my WordPress site.

Cons

I would love to see Website Toolbox integrate additional payment gateways and options for paid memberships.

Carole from Bodies Mind®

Finally, our own community forum!

Having a user-friendly forum for my community of teachers is a dream come true. Finally a place to hold conversations and keep a record; the search feature works really well. Website toolbox makes it easy, affordable, and super efficient. And the site is a clean and simple, beautiful design!

Pros

Honestly, I searched, and I did not find any other product that came close to Website Toolbox.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind....seriously, I mean it!

Response from Website Toolbox

Replied August 2019

Wow, thank you for the excellent review Carole! Have a fantastic day!