Website Toolbox

RATING:

(118)

About Website Toolbox

Website Toolbox is a community management platform that helps businesses create discussion forums to resolve prospects' queries, receive feedback and facilitate collaboration among customers. Professionals can create customizable forums by adding colors, brand logos or headers and sort discussion threads into categories according to requirements. Website Toolbox allows organizations to accept one-time/recurring fees from subscribers, display advertisements and manage received donations. Members can like or dislike posts on their timeline, chat with subscribers and assign reputation scores to customers, improving clients' experience with the brand. Other features include automated notifications, data import, newsletter management, @mentions, calendar, membership ma...

Awards and Recognition

FrontRunner 2022
Software Advice's FrontRunners report ranks top products based on user reviews, which helps businesses find the right software.

Website Toolbox Pricing

Website Toolbox offers 3 pricing tiers. Basic: $29/month for 10K page views per month Standard: $79/month for 100K page views per month Premium: $299/month for 500K+ page views per month

Starting price: 

$39.00 per month

Free trial: 

Available

Free version: 

Not Available

Website Toolbox approval queue

Website Toolbox Reviews

Overall Rating

Ratings Breakdown

Secondary Ratings

Ease-of-use

Customer Support

Value for money

Functionality

Most Helpful Reviews for Website Toolbox

1 - 5 of 115 Reviews

cathie

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra
This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

Reviewed July 2021

Use it a lot!

Anonymous

2-10 employees

Used daily for more than 2 years

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2018

LOVE Website Toolbox!

Our website forum is integral to our sales. As customers post photos on our forum it encourages others to buy the product. The forum provides a great customer community. It includes members from all around the world.

PROS

The number one thing I love about Website Toolbox is the ease of integrating a forum into my website. The forum sits on their servers so there's no software or maintenance required on my end. In addition their team will work closely with you to ensure your forum looks exactly like your website. Plus the flat monthly fee includes unlimited image storage which is so important to us since we cater to woodworkers and almost every post includes images. Website Toolbox is continually improving and upgrading the software which I love.

CONS

I don't have any negatives. One feature I'd love to see in the future would be a built in translator for foreign language posts and for members from different countries to be able to view the forum in their native language.

Vendor Response

Hi there! Thanks for your awesome 5-star review! There's nothing that makes us happier than seeing "love" in all capital letters! :) Built-in translation of user's posts to another user's current language is a fantastic suggestion. Thanks for that! We will add it in the future. Note that users can see the forum in their own language. The forum automatically detects the language that the user speaks and displays the forum in that language. 12 different languages are supported, and we can add any other language upon request. This is supported in any forum theme created within the last 2 years.

Replied December 2018

LUCAS

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2019

Clean and easy

Great!

PROS

The clean look of this form was crucial. We wanted something that looked native on our site and Website Toolbox's forum is perfect. Being able to use our branded colors and fonts made this seamless.

CONS

We had one issue with connecting our Memberspace accounts to the forum, and the Website Toolbox team says they are resolving it. I also wish that it was more clear that you can tag other users in your posts, though we just had to be upfront with how to do that.

Reasons for switching to Website Toolbox

Muut looks awful when integrated. Website Toolbox looks native.

Vendor Response

Thanks for your wonderful review Lucas! It's great to hear that your forum fit perfectly into your website! :)

Replied November 2019

Paige

Biotechnology, 1 employee

Used weekly for less than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2019

Farmers Agricultural Forum

It does serve as a resource for new farmers however it’s hard to keep people engaged because the posts do not automatically feed into other social media. First year I did not have a lot of traffic, this year I’ve had a lot more and the negative feedback I’ve gotten from users is embarrassing. I feel trapped because I can understand their frustrations but I can’t do anything about it.

PROS

It was easy enough to setup. I’m not familiar with other products.

CONS

Templates are outdated looking, fonts are outdated. Nearly impossible to filter into other social media sites, which is the main thing all of my users are looking for. It’s extremely difficult to organize topics, people post everywhere. People complain it’s hard to follow conversations. I also do not like not being able to customize the url.

Reason for choosing Website Toolbox

It seemed like a better option at the time, I had little experience with forum building.

Vendor Response

Hi Paige! Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you found Website Toolbox easy to set up! We usually add new themes every few months. Just 2 days ago we added a new theme called Minimal. Each theme allows you to choose from over 34 of the most popular fonts provided by Google. You can easily preview and choose a font in the theme customizer. I see that your forum already has Facebook integration enabled. Please contact us (reply to this email) to let us us know how you'd like posts to filter into other social media sites. It is possible to have the post posted on Facebook when it is posted on the forum. You can create as many categories as you'd like so that people post in those categories. I'd recommend assigning a trusted moderator with limited permissions so that they can move topics into the correct category when it is in the wrong category. Users can receive email notifications of topics they're following or have posted in. I'll be glad to hear more about how we can improve.

Replied August 2019

Larry

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used daily for more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2018

Forum User only

They respond to support requests in a reasonable amount of time. They resolve issues on their end quickly. Communicating with my users has helped smooth a lot of potential issues.

PROS

It was relatively easy to set up and works (mostly) seamlessly. Does very nice job of setting up PayPal subscription accounts for paid forum features. Also tracks when users respond to a post and e-mails me.

CONS

Occasional glitches. Was throwing users out of paid access for a while but customer service fixed that promptly. Sometimes a customer cannot sign in and the issue resolves itself in a day but i can never tell if it was a user error or temporary software glitch. It has a lot of action logging features that I don't have time to play with. Many features are over my head (and available time) to install or implement. You can blame that on my head and lack of time, or on the software not being as user-friendly as it could be. I don't have anything else to compare it to. Access issues for a visually disabled user. Maybe this is beyond anyone's capacity to fix but I have a visually disabled user who is unable to consistently access the forum. Has to do with her text reading software not able to pick up click boxes and the like. I think that a tech would need to sit down with her at her computer to adequately understand the access issue. I suspect this is commonplace.

Vendor Response

Hi Larry! Thanks for the 5-star review! I'm glad Website Toolbox has been easy for you to set up and that you're earning money from your forum through our Paid Access feature! If you ever decide that you want to explore the more advanced features a bit more, try our help center for detailed guidance. Even better, just live chat, call, or email us anytime and we'd be glad to walk you through it! Thanks!

Replied December 2018