All Zimbra Collaboration Suite Reviews

1-25 of 87 Reviews

Sort by

Reviews are by default sorted by Recommended to software buyers, driven by our proprietary algorithm reflecting the depth and quality of the review, recency of experience, and other factors. As a neutral reviews platform, the star rating of the review is not considered in the "Recommended" ranking, and there is currently no voting mechanism that would allow site visitors to influence the ranking.

Tigran

Real Estate, 1 employee

Used less than 12 months

Review Source: Capterra
This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

Reviewed December 2021

Typical email interface

User Profile

Elizabeth Del Valle

Verified reviewer

1,001-5,000 employees

Used daily for more than 2 years

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2018

Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a great software that allows us to be communicated effectively.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite has brought me many benefits professionally speaking. Having this software has been a very pleasant experience since we migrated from another mail service to Zimbra. With this things seem simpler. Its interface helps a lot so that any user finds it easy to handle it.

PROS

What I like most about the Zimbra Collaboration Suite is that it groups several services in a single package. To have a list of contacts, a tool to plan activities, a calendar and most importantly: email service, covers all my needs at a professional level. It has been the best investment that has been made in the institution where I have been working for several years.

CONS

I really do not find major flaws in this software. For a low price I think it covers very well the needs that can be presented to us in an office to keep communications.

shashank

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used daily for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2019

About Zimbra

Firstly we use this software to check the incoming mails from clients or colleagues. The experience is quite good while using this software as it is fast, more secure. It blocks the mails from the third party systems which are not trusted by this zimbra collaboration suite. We can integration this suite with informative applications like Ted, IBM redbooks to view our daily feeds which is quite helpful for the people who are more interested in gaining knowledge. Instead of sending individual messages to the clients or colleagues we send frequently, there is a looping option where we can send so many mails by copying the same people we send the mail often. We can flag the mails in case of important mails and store it in a directory for any necessary information that is contained in the mail. We can use emojis and stickers for friendly interactions with the people within the organization. We have quite a few regular options like Changing the font, font size, sending attachements along with the emails, referring of the previous mails. We can save the incoming mails by enabling the offline mode in case we are using zimbra in our personal computer. There is an inbuilt archive option where we can archive folders of big size for size compression so that it can be easily transmitted through a dedicated network. We can save all our business contacts. My overall experience using this software is so satisfying.

PROS

1) Can be accessed through any browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.. 2) Can be accessed through Personal Computer and Mobile 3) Inbox folders, addresses, contacts, tasks, calender scheduling dates can be shared among multiple users 4) Can schedule group meetings with a specific date and time using calenders 5) Personal tasks can be assigned or tasks can be assigned in groups. The progress of the task can be specified and the works to do further in regards to the task can also be specified. 6) A specified directory called brief case is available to store our files. 7) Zimlets are available to make the conversations between end to end users in a more formal, more interactive way. 8) Tags can be used to filter out the incoming mails that is to be called out in a particular category.

CONS

I didn't find any Cons. I find the working of this software Swift and smooth with no time lags while loading the incoming mails.

Syed Arbab

Verified reviewer

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2018

Its a good product with low cost on-premise mailing and collaboration suite!!

Our organization is based on Linux with end user using the same and we really don;t want to go MS Exchange option so we left with choices of Lotus Notes (Which is a very good yet expensive product), Novell groupwise and Zimbra. Having tested Zimbra around more than 10 years ago we choose this. It has the flexibility to provide mobile base, thick client and thin web base client. So it was good choice and we are quite satisfied with our decision back then

PROS

Its scale-able, robust, secure and low cost. Based on Postfix and other opensource packages it provides good emailing solution. All the included packages are thoroughly tested before included in release. With most of the world going to cloud for email for the organizations need low cost yet secure and scale-able on premise mailing solution Zimbra is a good option. It has very good Web base UI which is very easy to use. There is no performance issues. Visibility with logs is very good . Zimlets are very cool features you can add on

CONS

The support is a bit so so maybe because of change of so many owners of the company. The web ui can use skin option to make it look and feel like different email platform in the market, e.g. if someone is use to outlook or gmail ui then a them/skin could provide that

Anonymous

1,001-5,000 employees

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed June 2021

Zimbra -Messsage and Mail

Easily collaborate with your team and share documents. It's open source, making it simple to use and deploy for businesses of all sizes.

PROS

Documents can be shared instantly. We can use Zimbra desktops to obtain Zimbra experience. Sync your Google, Yahoo!, and Outlook calendars. Zimbra is a BSP hosting partner because of its flexible deployment and virtualization readiness. Vmware Vsphere and KVM hypervisors are also fully supported. In addition, unlike other email companies, Zimbra's technology never locks me out.

CONS

- Setting up the setup server is a little tricky for system administrators; it necessitates linux administrator knowledge. - When one service fails, it can affect others, particularly LDAP services.

Howard

Verified reviewer

Business Supplies and Equipment, 201-500 employees

Used daily for less than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2019

An integral tool for managerial issues

I think that Zimbra is a perfect tool for emailing and management. Despite some issues, it is very easy to implement the service and it helps to communicate with customers and colleagues in the handiest way.

PROS

To my mind, it is great that Zimbra gives an opportunity to share a calendar among colleagues and customers. It helps us to share all important data and meetings at any time. Another plus is a simple and user-friendly design. It is perfect both for qualified users and people who use it for the first time. And of course, emailing itself is on the top-level. It is easy to customize and make the necessary changes. Zimbra is an open source software with an opportunity to send emails, keep contacts, and make notes in the calendar. This service is perfect for remote work because I can keep an eye on everything and be sure, that everyone knows what they need to do.

CONS

I am convinced that Zimbra has more advantages than disadvantages. However, there are some issues to fix. Firstly, filters are hard to use and understand, because they aren’t flexible at all. Secondly, the software itself is quite hard to operate. Despite all pluses, the service still demands some basic IT skills. Thirdly, there might be some problems with data export and back up, because the software depends on servers.

User Profile

Deepak

Verified reviewer

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2019

Light weight, Cost-effective & User-Friendly Web-Email Collaboration product

While working in previous organization, came across this web based product, specially due to its open source nature, and easier to learn. It helped a great deal in being up-to-date by tracking official mails.It has all the features that an basic web email client needs to have. Specially during the times we were connected to VPN, it used to easily work even in low or restricted network connectivity.It had easier and user-friendly User Interface, including refresh button, to force reload emails as per convenience.

PROS

1. Specially the optimized nature of it to work on limited or lower network connectivity like VPN, 2. Cost effective and Opensource nature.

CONS

User Interface was laggy sometimes. It has sort of older look and feel compared to other open source email collaboration products. Sometimes it was not able to filter junk mails effectively compared microsoft exchange service.

User Profile

Estefanie Arlet

Verified reviewer

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2018

Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a very useful communication tool that groups several functions.

Simply Zimbra Collaboration Suite is the best way to stay connected in the institution where I work. The planning of activities as well as the contact information of the different employees is centralized through this program. It is easier to communicate with the Zimbra Collaboration Suite.

PROS

The biggest advantage offered by Zimbra Collaboration Suite is the ability to communicate with other users by integrating various tools such as email, contact book, task planning and calendar in a single software and with a very simple interface.

CONS

Although Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a great software, sometimes it presents operating problems that are resolved by closing and opening the browser from where you work. Another aspect to improve is the design of the interface from the aesthetic point of view. It's simple but unattractive to look at.

User Profile

Tanmay

Verified reviewer

1,001-5,000 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2018

Simplistic, Cost Efficient approach towards Email communication

- Functionality of sending and receiving mails - Appointments in Calendar - helped me in developing my basing understanding of mail clients - helped me in performing my daily work as our business runs through Zimbra

PROS

1. Open Source - Easy to Configure, Less capital needed, less memory Consuming and Secure 2. simplicity - the user interface is very friendly no need to introduce people on how to use it. 3. Functionality - availability of important basic functions like Calendar, Document Storage and mail backup is already there and is very easy to use . 4. ease - can be configured according to business requirements and use 5. Stability

CONS

1. Can Include many functionalities and add ons. 2. Hard to configure shared mailboxes and DL's 3. Cannot handle huge data and less storage space 4. GUI can be much improved

Anonymous

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2018

this tool has helped me in many ways especially as I use it daily to review my messages .

PROS

* I agree with the following points: 1- The general presentation menu is quite friendly to the eye., as well as its versatility to be used in cell phones. 2- I like the easy installation and the web administrative console which can be used for many admin tasks. The Desktop app is great and easy to use.

CONS

* I agree with the following points: 1- Sometimes there are some glitches in Zimbra, but in most cases clearing cache and restarting browser helps to solve them. 2- Hard to customize the installation, lost data when I needed to migrate to another server. The API uses XML-RPC which is not easy to use, JSON is a lot easier.

User Profile

Pedro Luis

Verified reviewer

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2018

Simple, versatile and efficient.

Thanks to this software they have improved the relationships in our work team. Its diverse tools allow us to better plan our activities and keep us permanently communicated. Very good.

PROS

It is an economic software and very comfortable to work with. It is an easily accessible platform capable of integrating the most demanded requirements in an institution such as: mail, contacts, shared calendar and online documents. It is quite practical.

CONS

It is not the best option to integrate to mobile devices. I think it has several limitations when it comes to entering the Zimbra from a smart phone when compared to running on a desktop computer.

Umar

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed June 2020

Best Email Server

Its a best application i can say over all a great experience in best price using since 4years no major issue that i experienced till now. It helps to keep the back up of all your important mails avoid spam mails and the best thing it is compatible with multiple devices and browsers.

PROS

Its an open source server for email and web client which is designed for browser based interface.I can say its really cheap compare to other email servers. It helps you to create calendars, create backup of important file and also easy document storage. The compatibility with multiple devices and browser is the best feature of Zimbra.

CONS

Sometimes we get bugs when any new update comes to fix that they really take long time which is the only drawback that i feel till now.

Anton

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2019

Great for small orgs that can't justify the cost of paid email suites

PROS

Great for small orgs that can't justify the cost of paid email suites but want the features that they may have become used to with Exchange/Outlook. The web app is pretty damned good, and the Zimbra Desktop app for Windows/Mac/etc is serviceable if you need to manage multiple accounts.

CONS

Requirement for extra apps on Android for CalDAV/CardDAV support as ActiveSync is only available in the paid (Network Edition).

Yezid

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2018

Powerfull stable and integrated email platform

PROS

The Zimbra platform integrates open source apps in a very stable email application, Administration web gui is very complete and easy to use. Webmail client app is very complete for our users and customers.

CONS

Being a ver nice email application, at least the Network edition must be more compatible with platforms like MAC OS, this would be the point that make Zimbra to win users.

Anonymous

2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2020

Community Edition of Zimbra - High bar to jump but the price is right!

Experience has been good to excellent.

PROS

The open source nature of a sophisticated multi-node email server can't be matched. Free??? This is great.

CONS

There is a high technological bar. One must be conversant with LDAP and understand how to make that run to properly implement the server. It is not for the faint of heart technologically.

Anonymous

1,001-5,000 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2021

A very complete application for professional use

PROS

Easy to use. Available to access anywhere. Fast organization and sharing. Integrates with several other tools.

CONS

The web application works very well. The application for mobile devices has some flaws, among them, the loading of some thumbnails of the files that take a while.

Anonymous

201-500 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

It gets the job done

I use it as a mailing service in the company, it was hard at the beginning but you get used to it.

PROS

Well, I believe that the most likable thing about this software it's the economic side, you can manage your mail like any other but in a cheaper way.

CONS

You can miss some features that have other mailing services, you get used to, but it's not that smooth.

Reasons for switching to Zimbra Collaboration Suite

It was a company decision

Randy

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2018

My experience has been very positive.

PROS

We have been using Zimbra for over 8 years and have been very happy with it . Good functionality for the price.

CONS

Our current version does not allow individual users to add/change distribution lists. This function has to be performed by the admin.

Peter

Education Management, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2017

All my colleagues and I use Zimbra everyday for our communication and cooperation.

PROS

I like the implementation of various tools in Zimbra - I use mail, chat, calendar and briefcase in my everyday work.

CONS

Sometimes there are some glitches in Zimbra, but in most cases clearing cache and restarting browser helps to solve them.

Lauren

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2019

Helpful way to stay connected.

I have enjoyed using Zimbra, it took a little bit to get used to the format, but overall it's great!

PROS

I like that the entire Fyzical franchise emails pop up when I want to compose a new email. It is helpful to know how is available.

CONS

The read messages do not drop down to low priority, so if I leave one unread so I can come back to it. The message gets buried in the inbox.

Reason for choosing Zimbra Collaboration Suite

The franchise goes through a lengthy process of deciding which software to offer franchisees.

Anonymous

201-500 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2018

I use it daily, and rarely did have a problem with it.

A resilient software, which makes me fell confident when sending/receiving e-mails.

PROS

The interface is beatiful, and intuitive as well. Since I can organise my new arriven messages, I feel good.

CONS

The zimlet for PGP could be improved. I can have only up to 10 public keys recorded. This is fairly few.

User Profile

Yasaru

Verified reviewer

Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

Totally comfortable with end user

We are providing mail services and also we use this internally. We have entire control of this. managing and using zimbra is such a good experience to do both user and admin roll.

PROS

In back end, It has many functional options like configuring email for an organization with such simple steps. As a user we have bulk messages options and variety of using this makes good value what we expected.

CONS

spam messages we got and handling those messages , security level.

User Profile

Ronny Leal -

Verified reviewer

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed June 2018

This was the mail server that existed in an institution where he worked in certain occasions

Corporate email

PROS

Very good option for an institutional corporate email since it offers the basic functions for the management of work

CONS

It is very limited in certain options that have large email servers even in the capacity of shipments

Jonathan

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2019

Good Email Client

PROS

Responsive support. Nice interface. It’s also very easy to administer many users. Easy to make group and user aliases.

CONS

Interface is nice but dated. Not much UI customization other than a few colors. You can get many email bounce backs and your emails can end up in client’s junk mail because the server isn’t really trusted by other email servers like the big guys such as Microsoft and Google.

Anonymous

11-50 employees

Used daily for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2019

Great for Scheduling

PROS

I like that the layout can give me a full range of scheduling cababilities. It helps to be able to have different days laid out on the sheet for one person and that I can go back and forth. The layout makes sense for keeping people organized and aware of what is happening next on their calendar. I also like that I can easily flow between one person's agenda and the next rather than having everyone's schedule on one calendar and having color coordination. I think Zimbra is much simpler in that way.

CONS

I can't say that there's anything I dislike about it so far. It has been easy to use for our purposes.

Showing 1 - 25 of 87 Reviews