Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Ability to include detail regarding different compliance policy attributes. Ability to collapse overlapping policies for simplicity of reporting."
  • icon"Many compliance standards available at your fingertips. Easy to integrate as shaping up your security program goes."
  • icon"I've found Apptega provides intuitive ability to understand requirements, then document, manage and track compliance progress."
  • icon"The notes field does not expand, timestamps, left nav bar text is too light, difficult to read."
  • icon"A little confusing at first during the set up. Clunky and not knowing where to go."

Have you used Apptega and would like to share your experience with others?

All Apptega Reviews

Eric

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Best Compliance Software

We are striving for NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) compliance. Apptega was able to help us by evaluating our current status in each control/subcontrol within the framework and assign tasks, due dates, and the such to reach compliance.

Pros

Apptega's team is extremely supportive in our compliance goals and much feedback is taken into consideration when using the product. The Risk Rating system allows for us to take a risk based approach to our compliance program. The task system works great, and the reporting is very robust.

Cons

Would be nice to have integrations with some of our other tools to help streamline workflow, such as JIRA.

Charles

Great Program Tracking Tool and Designed for All End-Users - Not Just the Technical Professional

Pros

This product is probably one of the most satisfying investments we've made in our cybersecurity program. It has enabled us to effectively track risk and compliance via industry standard frameworks (NIST CSF, PCI DSS, CIS v7, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, and more). New features to the platform such as cross-framework mapping allow you to start with a smaller framework and grow into something much larger while not losing your information and allowing you to concentrate on the new gaps thus minimizing the efforts to complete the larger framework. Being able to create our own custom business frameworks was such a value add. The application for us is not only used by the cybersecurity group but also, legal, facilities, HR, etc. to create frameworks that allow them to measure the different subsidiary companies against corporate standards. The ease of use is phenomenal. Our security risk analyst who is certified in Archer and performed risk assessments for one of the big four accounting firms said that it's the easiest tool he's ever used. It's so easy and intuitive that we have executive assistants entering data and running reports for the business leaders. When you attend a demo you'll leave thinking that it's the best 30min-1hr that you have ever spent looking at a security product. The staff is phenomenal and they really want to know your use cases and how they can meet your needs today and in the future through product improvements. They are also no-pressure and I love that about them.

Cons

The only con I can say is that Apptega is still a young company so the product has a little maturing to do (partial SSO currently, open API not available yet, more flexible reporting/visualization, audit trails), but they have a roadmap, are willing to share it, take customer requests, and release features at a steady pace. So the con would be that it doesn't compete with the big players, but I think that's also a benefit because it isn't loaded with fluff or features that you'll never use, and they are an agile company so feature requests get implements fairly quickly.

Edin

Regular/good software

Pros

It's very easy to use, I have used for a not to long of time, I'm amazed on how you can use this software, the application makes reports for you which in my case is quite functional.

Cons

In the amount of time that I had use this app I didn't fund nothing wrong with it, that's why I like it.

Steve

September 2022

Flexible and highly functional

Easy to use. It's a flexible product. The features of the software are great and it provides what we need.

Pros

of Apptega it is easy to use. It is very flexible for creating workflows. It allows you to improve your processes with simple workflows. And it offers tools to manage your business process.

Cons

I cannot give a negative comment as it is a product that meets what we need.

Apptega, A Great Idea

This software helps manage your security frameworks. You no longer have to download spreadsheets of controls and try to create reports from them. You can simply do this directly in a convenient web based portal and have the application create the reports for you. You can add notes and tasks to help you meet the compliance for each control.

Pros

easy to use; web based cloud application; many security frameworks supported; creates reports for you; makes managing all the security controls of a framework easy

Cons

I have not found anything yet that I dislike about this software

Great Product for Your Security Framework

It's been a fantastic product for both our company and our auditors.

Pros

How easy it is to use. I've fallen under compliance at past companies, and almost everything we did was spreadsheeet, collaboration tools, email, etc. With Apptega, I have everything under one umbrella, and it's simple to design your security framework with what they have available for you. With my current company, we don't fall under compliance for anything, but with Apptega, we are able to build a custom framework and include whatever parts we want from other security frameworks and build something custom for us. Now, we have one place to go for both the security team, auditors, IT, and our board/C-suite. In addition, I was told that API's were being developed to take in things automatically (e.g. Tenable Nessus reports). This product is just simple and easy to use.

Cons

That there isn't automation or API's to pull in findings from other vendors (e.g. firewall logs, Nessus, SIEM, etc.) I also think some of the collaboration pieces could use some tweaking, but I think that'll come as time goes by.

Tom

Apptega

We are trying to become PCI-DSS compliant. We've been working on this for a while now. Apptega has given us a platform to allow us some organization that we were sorely lacking. As well as act as a tool that will keep us compliant once we reach our goals. PCI-DSS compliance is always changing an Apptega keeps us informed and up to date.

Pros

Apptega keeps me focused on what I need to do to keep compliant. It allows me to set up tasks and reminders to I can keep current.

Cons

I don't really have any cons so far. The app is worth every penny.

Assessivate's Review

Its been very good! Looking forward to how they continue to disrupt the industry.

Pros

Its ease of use and versatility. Multiple frameworks.

Cons

It needs more features faster and I would like to see the data entries once added not be editable in the notes section. Features wanted include an auditor section for grading. This will help with the Service Provider review or Compliance Auditor validation. The ability to combine frameworks and separate while maintaining scoring.

Jon

Industry: Market Research

Apptega - Compliance Helper

Good. We have not had any problems. Reminders come through and we take care of them. It works nice.

Pros

It has assisted us in reminding us about our scheduled tasks for our ISO 27001 responsibilities. It sends an email to our ticket system which puts it on our radar.

Cons

A little confusing at first during the set up. Clunky and not knowing where to go. It all worked out though and everything seems to be going great

Apptega has really simplified out compliance needs

Pros

Rimidi is a health IT company and has to comply with HIPAA and other security measures. Apptega has helped us identify and meet our regulatory requirements as well as streamlined our ongoing monitoring and review. Apptega's customer support has been very responsive in helping us get set up and answering any questions.

Cons

I still haven't figured out what the best work flow is on documenting ongoing compliance activities like noting that our daily malware scans are clean. I've talked to Apptega about this and they have said they will work through the issues with me so that we capture all of the ongoing reviews in a way that doesn't take too much time.

Jay

Robust, easy to use functionality coupled with great support

While still in early stages of product use, I believe it holds great promise in helping move smartly down the compliance road. I've seen their team constantly engaged in supporting that journey.

Pros

I've found Apptega provides intuitive ability to understand requirements, then document, manage and track compliance progress. I like the dashboard and reporting capability, as well as the wide range of frameworks available. I think the Apptega team has performed as promised, for example providing rapid, actionable advice via the 'Ask an Expert' feature. They rolled out new features in a timely fashion as well: policy templates, cross-framework mapping , and risk rating being the most useful to me.

Cons

So far, I only perceive opportunities to improve, no glaring gaps.

Michel

A very helpful tool.

In a nutshell, the experience with the tool has been educative and pleasant.

Pros

The tool interface doesn't overwhelm the user. Many compliance standards available at your fingertips. Easy to integrate as shaping up your security program goes. Various useful visualization features. Very approachable and responsive customer support.

Cons

Upcoming feature availability could be faster. Auto save feature could be helpful too.

Compliance Based MSP

It’s been a good experience so far, we are hoping to grow our engagement with the tool in 2019

Pros

It’s a great tool to help move clients away from paper based tools

Cons

There are little bugs here and there but support has been eager to help when presented with issues

Apptega

Thus far I have really enjoyed working with both the Apptega software and team. I was organizing everything via excel spreadsheets before and feel that this has given me a much better method to utilize. The team has been beyond amazing with answering any questions that I had and providing suggestions for organizing my compliance program.

Pros

This software provides a very easy solution for organizing compliance policies and has been a great addition to our compliance program.

Cons

I have encountered an off and on issue with the calendar feature, but have been informed that the development team is looking into a solution.

Marissa

Great Customer Service

We are using Apptega to document our SOC 2, PCI, and GDPR compliance.

Pros

The customer service with this software is unbeatable. I feel like they are an extension of my team ready to help with any questions I have. They have been more than accommodating with the implementation process and are continuously adding new features to meet our requirements.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but the customer service to help is more than enough to make up for it.