All BambooHR Reviews

Kurt

Construction, 501 - 1,000 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

BambooHR Review: BambooHR The First & Last Solution For HR Needs.

Jeremy

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2020

BambooHR Turns a Small Business into a Big Business

I enjoyed it more than other recruiting software I've used. It makes work easier and helps me be a manager instead of a paper pusher.

PROS

I personally like that BambooHR has different portals for its users. They've built a database that allows employees to: 1. Maintain their own records (whether the company sends or user uploaded); track time off earned, sick days used, and hours worked; while allowing the user to sign documents easily electronically; and 2. Makes being an HR manager, easy. What I mean is, creating records (employees or temps) and ensuring they have all the blocks checked (background ran, drug test paperwork properly filled out, and any other documentation needing signed) within the timeframe needed to start working - is tracked, maintained, and recorded for you... so all in all, eliminates the monotony of HR and time wasted on paperwork while assisting managers/employees in ensuring proper compliance.

CONS

Well, I still had to scan any documents that weren't created or automated through the software and label them. For example, I work at a satellite location; the warehouse I staff for has a basketball court out back for employees to use on their break. I had to create a document that stated employees for my agency had to make sure they were clocked out, that they were responsible for any risk of injury and that the company and staffing agency would not be held liable for any resulting injury that may occur. The rest of the staffing agency didn't need this so I still had to print out 50 copies, have each employee sign one, upload it, file it in the employee file in the software, label it, then give the copy back to the employee. This really is not an issue unless if turnover is high, this could get annoying.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

Tempworks was costly and would charge for the smallest customer service help. The software was clunky and was confusing to keep track of employees. Too much time wasted on checking and unchecking employees assigned and the "hot lists" was time consuming to manage.

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2023

BambooHR is a comprehensive and easy-to-use HR software

In terms of HR functions, BambooHR handles everything. Our human resources department and management can benefit much from this system. BambooHR serves many uses for many divisions. Every day, the human resources team uses BambooHR because it is quick, simple, and easy to use.

PROS

This HR management system is both feature-rich and user-friendly. The user interface is made user- and administrator-friendly. The site is user-friendly, and my staff appreciates how straightforward the features are.

CONS

One of BambooHR's less enticing characteristics, in my opinion, is its pricing structure. We are a very young company, thus cost-effectiveness is of paramount importance. Unfortunately, it appears that BambooHR's rates are out of reach for startups like ours.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

We've been able to monitor employee progress more closely and streamline HR processes thanks to BambooHR, which has contributed to our company's growth and success. By eliminating mundane tasks, BambooHR has greatly reduced the workload of our HR department, allowing them to focus on more important, strategic projects.

Max

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Clean and Robust HR Software

PROS

I like the ease of use best. It's very easy to navigate and complete the task at hand.

CONS

So far I have no complaints about the software, it has been great!

Edem

Food Production, 2-10 employees

The Recommended Go-to Platform for Businesses

Through this platform, I am able to know what is happening to my business. If I am making progress or experiencing shortfalls. Also, my business has seen some level of seriousness since this system was implemented. Overall, I will say it is a great platform

PROS

BambooHR has some great integrations. For example, the platform allows me to know when my co-workers are out of the office or even celebrating a birthday.By far, Bamboo is a great platform.

CONS

One time, i had some challenges and I needed customer support, but the response was a bit late. I don't really know if it's still like that. But I still got the help I needed.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

I found their BambooHR platform quite easy to navigate even before I started using it. Again, I watched a YouTube video for better understanding, before using it.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Worst HR Company Provider EVER!

Since moving to their new Payroll service (Trax Payroll) BambooHR has been in the business of keeping us from HR compliance and has made processing payroll much more time consuming and frustrating. All with a lack of professional and effective customer support. They have mishandled payroll taxes, W-2's and account access once we notified them of changing to a better HR management solution. This has truly been a nightmare that won't end.

PROS

The software does have some nice features like Performance Management.

CONS

The worst payroll software in history! Sold me a bill of goods that everything was integrated, however, they use a remote link which is clunky and extremely frustrating to use unless everything is "just right". Do your research - there is better out there along with excellent customer support. I had to manually add employee PTO each pay period as their system was not integrated with their Payroll software.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

We didn't consider other alternatives as we were already using BambooHR for everything except Time Tracking and Payroll. This was a HUGE mistake on our part. We have now completed a change away from BambooHR after doing a complete review of alternative products. Much happier without the frustration of using their antiquated payroll system.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

Was moving from three HR systems into one, although in actuality, it was really moving into two systems - BambooHR and Trax.

Eric

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

BambooHR Works

I have used other platforms in the past and Bamboo is easy to use, navigate and deploy to users.

PROS

Bamboo is easy to use and the interaction with employees, potential employees and applicants is makes my job and that of the team simple. The reports Bamboo generates are easy to create, access and modify.

CONS

I would like Bamboo to have and allow for text communication and not just email. Most employees reply and respond to their mobile devices.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

To put HR and Payroll on the same place, platform for employees.

Jessica

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Ease of use for all our HR needs

We were impressed by the ease of use and implementation. It was an easy transition for our managers and employees and has impacted our HR processes for the better. We use the employee goals and feedback and this has helped us increase our employee satisfaction. The reporting system has been most useful for our accounting and payroll departments.

PROS

We've been most impressed with the ease of use for our company. Using the employee goals and feedback system has helped immensely.

CONS

We have not had any complaints about the system so far after almost a year of use.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

We needed a more comprehensive HR system.

Charlie

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

My Experience With BambooHR

PROS

The tool has great onboarding features and offers amazing HR features/

CONS

No issues and BambooHR has been amazing.

Taylor

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Easy & Effective!

PROS

It is really nice having access to all of your benefits information in one spot. It is also very easy to request time off & see everyone else's time-off schedule, which is crucial when planning out future meetings.

CONS

So far, I have no complaints. I have found BambooHR to be very easy to use & convenient for the team as a whole & I have used BambooHR with more than one job - never any issues!

Lyndsey

Construction, 11-50 employees

Small Business Life Saver

It has been so easy to use and implement. Our employees love that they have constant access to PTO/Vacation balances and any forms that they may use. I love the hiring/onboarding systems. They have made my job so much easier. The customer service team is second to none. Always fast responses and everyone has been so friendly and helpful.

PROS

BambooHR has truly helped streamline so many of our systems. As an office manager in a small business, I wear a lot of hats. Being able to keep most of my HR processes in one place has been amazing.

CONS

The time pressure to complete set up in a set amount of time upon initially setting up was not ideal. However, once we were passed that we never looked back.

Alexandra

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Will take employee management to the next level!

PROS

BambooHR has saved us a tremendous amount of time from applicant tracking to keeping track of paid time off. It's easy use, and the data that's provided through reports really helps me see the big picture.

CONS

I wish more features were available in the mobile app. Sometimes, I need more information on the go and can't access it.

Brenda

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

A very user friendly software

Very positive and would recommend this platform to anyone.

PROS

- layout is easy to set up - easy to use for employees - since we began, many new features have been added - good support - able to integrate with 3rd party online assessments and 3rd party background checks

CONS

It did not integrate with our 5 payrolls.

Gautam

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

BambooHR - very easy to use

Very satisfied as a end user.It quite easy to navigate through and search for other employee info and updates are very easy

PROS

Very easy to use and view the Org hierarchy

CONS

I do not see any pros as being an end users I find it easy to navigate and easy to find the info

Marlene

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Impressive HR Tool

It has been wonderful. The support team is knowledgeable and offers ideas to streamline HR processes.

PROS

It's easy to use and has the ability to organize and streamline HR processes in one great program!

CONS

More robust Hiring Module - allow open positions to be converted to internal offers.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Our CTO highly recommended the product.

Reviewed July 2020

Great HR Information System for medium size business

Moved all employment contract management online, leave management, onboarding, offboarding, personal details maintenance through self serve functionality, process workflows and performance management.

PROS

Modern HR information system with great broad feature set for medium size businesses. Excellent for leave management, request, approval and tracking.

CONS

Is based out of the US and orientation is by default to US customers. Works for Australia customers but is a bit short on handling contractors, more permanent focused, and support hours do not cover Australia timezone which has caused some issues.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Great user interface, custimisable, simple to use and configure, right featureset and complexity for our size of organisation.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

BambooHR offered us so much more in terms of features and functionality than we would ever invest to build internally. The user experience was modern and easy to use from signing up a new staff member, to onboarding them and maintaining their HR and Leave records. Removed significant risk from process errors, failed notification of employment changes and record keeping for signed contracts. Moved from paper to fully online!

Rikki

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Huge Promoter of BambooHR

I generally come into Companies as an HR Leader somewhere between 50 and 100 employees and Bamboo is a simple implementation and give not only me every tool I need to do my job, but also helps other teams as far as reporting and accountability is concerned. It's everything I could as for and more.

PROS

I have implemented BambooHR as our primary HRIS system at 3 companies now. Bamboo is so intuitive training is a breeze. Whenever anything pops up I don't have an answer to Help desk is an IM away. Reporting cannot be beat. Hands down the easiest most intuitive HRIS our there for HR Professionals and Employees.

CONS

I wish there were more options within the review portal. Like having the ability to do quarterly assessments AND a formal annual assessment that combines all the quarterlies. Even though we have a quarterly assessment process at our Company people also want to traditional annual and we have to do that all manually outside of the system currently.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Bamboo allows us a lot of flexibility to design it the way that works best for our company and our people that's didn't wrap us into anything additional we didn't want or need.

Reviewed February 2022

BambooHR is delicious!

We've been able to create tables to house our faculty credentials for tracking and reporting purposes. The signature documents and workflow has helped us reduce the time to create, email, and record faculty contract from several hours to 15 minutes. The eNPS survey has been a great way to monitor employee engagement every six months. We take the feedback provided in that survey and other communication channels and have made improvements in a number of areas that are important to staff and faculty.

PROS

If I were a Panda (HR Administrator), I'd eat BambooHR every day. It's delicious compared to other common HR software forage I've tried. The modern look and feel of BambooHR is terrific. Our staff love the look and ease of use. As a one person HR team with 250 employees, BambooHR makes payroll, performance management, time tracking, and attendance a breeze. Take a nibble and taste the difference!

CONS

The two items as an HR admin. that can be time consuming and a frustration are tracking training and benefit administration. It would be amazing if BambooHR would integrate with training platforms for single sign-on and training status updates on the employee profile. We use a third part benefits administration platform for benefits enrollment. They take care of the file feeds to carriers and billing. Any changes on that platform then must be updated in BambooHR for the deductions to roll over to payroll. The extra steps take time and can lead to error.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Ease of use, ability to customize, and straightforward pricing model.

Easy of use and cost.