• Pros

• "App/Website is very user friendly and requires very little training."

• "The team at contractor compliance is so easy to work with. The enthusiasm and dedication of the team members, and their level of service to myself and my contractors is outstanding. "

• "While the software is what we were interested in, it was the amazing customer service that really made our on-boarding so simple. They took a complicated process and made it easy and quick."

• Cons

• "There were a few technical hiccups when starting to use this program but it was corrected very quickly."

• "There is a few things that could work a bit better but they are constantly working on upgrades to fix those issues."

• "The Contractor Compliance data model was different than expected but we have figured out how to work with it. "

Browse Contractor Compliance Reviews

Kelly from ERTH Corporation

Industry: Utilities

Great product, great price!

Our overall experience was excellent! Contractor Compliance staff provided tremendous support during the implementation phase and are always available to assist with any issues or questions. Our contractors like it because of the low cost.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate. I also like the dashboard,reporting functionality, and being able to customize our requirements. Our contractors are able to see their requirements easily and communicate any questions or concerns easily.

Cons

I would like to receive email notifications when contractors have questions, there is a document to review, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Compliance

The cost for us and our contractors, the ease of use, and the time to implement.

Rumina from Rumina Solutions Inc.

Enhance your Contractor Safety Program

They provide excellent customer support for both the customer and contractor. Contractor Compliance is always trying to implement ways to enhance the user experience and provide a effective and system that tries to stay on top of emerging technology.

Pros

This software allows a buyer of contractor services regardless of industry to ensure that the contractors being hired are meeting all your pre-determined corporate and employee requirements. For the purposes of my clients, we want to ensure that all contractors are meeting legislated and corporate Occupational Health & Safety requirements. Having your contractor subscribe to Contractor Compliance as a condition of engaging in any business activities ensures that all parties are serious about compliance with all Health & Safety requirements, at minimum.

Cons

As with any software, the more you use it, the ease of use comes along. Contractor Compliance puts the onus on the contractor to subscribe to the service, not the customer, which sometimes requires an explanation to the contractor about how the benefits of being a subscriber outweighs the minimal cost to contractors. Each dedicated Account Manager or the Customer Service Help desk is very competent and helpful in providing the benefits of a subscription to contractors when required.

Adam from Expanse Electrical Co.

Expanse Electrical Review

Pros

Set-up was fairly easy and it does the basics for me.

Cons

There are features that it needs that are not available. Example - We use quite a few contractors and unless you know what the contractor does, you cannot filter by functions. If I want to filter all my sub-contractors by Hydrovac Service, I cannot do that. It makes it difficult for Managers to find a contractor that we already have set-up if they don't know what service they provide. I have been told for a year now that you are working on NAICS codes but I don't know why there just couldn't be a comment section that I can put in their type of service and filter? seems like an easy fix to me.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Compliance

Basically due to price. I guess you get what you pay for..

Lindsay from Bonduelle

Highly Effective Tool for Managing Contractors

Overall, a great experience with the team at Contractor Compliance. I look forward to our continued relationship in improving our internal contractor requirements.

Pros

This software is a one- stop shop for everything contractors! It is easy to upload and manage compliance documents, which is very handy for auditing purposes. The customer service team is FANTASTIC to work with. They are quick to respond and are constantly coming up with innovative ways to make things easier for their customers! I highly recommend this software.

Cons

I feel that it would be nice if we were able to help contractors with some of their documentation uploads, or more flexibility in helping them set up their profiles. Some people are just not tech savvy. However, this has already been greatly improved with the customer service team contacting contractors themselves and walking them through the process.

Jocelyn from Algoma Power Inc.

Gives access to our 4 companies using the same information

I found it a big learning curve or me but once I started working in it I love it and love the help Contractor Compliance give me, super supportive.

Pros

I love the fact that I can view and work on Contractors within our 4 companies. I also find it very easy to use. A bit overwhelming for Contractors who have not utilized a system like this before but once they start working within the system realize how easy it is.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Compliance

I was not involved in the decision making process.

Rick from Community Investment Strategies Mgt, Inc.

Great Experience

Very pleased with the overall experience. From the original contact with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], to the onboarding with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], it was a great experience. Very detailed with onboarding. Always available for conference calls, discussions. Responsive to all emails and/or calls. I wish this was the norm working with new vendors. Definitely recommend to others in my industry

Pros

Tool is extremely easy to use. Onboarding went very smoothly. Training was very comprehensive. User friendly for those that are not tech savvy. Detailed dashboard. Provides everything we need in one glance. Contractor info is organized very well

Cons

Would be nice to allow for those vendors that don't need to have any documents uploaded, but have all of our vendors housed in one tool. Can't set up a vendor account on my own and upload info that I already have for them

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Compliance

Didn't really go to alternate sources. From the original email we received, the pricing looked extremely reasonable for our vendors. We are in the affordable housing/low income business. We use numerous local "mom and pop" shops, so the cost for them was minimal especially during the current climate we are all going through.

Arlene from Merck

Industry: Biotechnology

Friendly Service, Easy to Use, Saves Significant Admin Time

From the first contact, the onboarding experience has been straightforward, friendly and enthusiastic. The team understood the problem I was trying to overcome and it felt that my initial contact, my customer services manager and I were a team addressing this rather than it just being a business transaction. The software is also easy and intuitive to use.

Pros

The feature that attracted me to this software was that the contractor uploads documentation and all that is needed from our site team is to approve this. Identifying missing documentation is easy as it's visible on a dashboard. So much time is spent chasing documents, checking status, monitoring expiry dates and filing documentation by trying to manage this manually.

Cons

Some of our contractors were a bit dubious because the charge is in USD but they are based in the UK.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Compliance

Minimal administrative work required Only required software to manage contractor details and documentation, not schedule work Best value for money

Matthew from ALC Schools

A robust system for managing complex certifications, licenses, and expiration dates

The Contractor Compliance has been great to work with. We had several items that needed modification in capabilities, and they worked with us to meet our needs.

Pros

The Contractor Compliance application is designed for a hierarchy of roles, which is exactly what we needed. We partner with service providers who employ both employees and independent contractors, and we need to make certain all of the people in these three roles are 100% compliant and eligible to work for us. Their system allows easy document upload and updating from a browser on a computer or mobile phone, which works well for everyone, including our staff who reviews and approves the documents.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Compliance

Old, outdated system.

Kathryn from Wacker Neuson America Corporation

Great and Easy Program

Would suggest to anyone to get it.

Pros

This software has been so helpful for saving our company time and money. Contractor Compliance took care of everything for our onboarding process and set up everything to our specifications. Our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing to work with and this has only made this process better. Would suggest this to anyone.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. It has been easy and great to use.

Nathan from ALC Schools

Great product and outstanding support

We replaced an outdated custom system that we had been using for more than a decade. Contractor Compliance has taken what was once an arduous process for us internally and given us a platform that is easy for our teams to manage.

Pros

Ease of use for a contractor's employees and sub-contractors. Tracking progress with a glance on the dashboard. Support team being responsive and helping us every step of the way with configuration and deployment.

Cons

Reporting is my main concern, though this is slated for future work.

Prequalifcation Simplified

Customer service has been exceptional and helped me navigate through the site when I have questions.

Pros

The cost for managing Subcontractor information is fantastic. Responding to general contractors request for information is quick and easy.

Cons

I wish the automatic requests for email could be sent in a mass email as opposed to contacting each subcontractor individually. In a perfect world Contractor compliance would email my clients with reminders about documentation required as opposed to me going through the site and having to address each contractor individually.

Blaze from Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc.

Great Value and Exceptional Customer Service

The Contractor Compliance Team was great to work with. They're friendly, diligent, and always available to answer your questions and help you navigate the Contractor Compliance system. Working with them was a very enjoyable experience, and it's clear that they stand behind their brand 100%.

Pros

It's very easy to use as both a contractor and as a hiring organization. As a bonus, on the rare occasions that you don't know how to do something and can't figure it out for yourself, their support team has your back. It's great that we can eliminate spreadsheet tracking mechanisms and other archaic methods, and the automated features are a real time saver. It's also easier and more value-effective than other similar products.

Cons

There are a few aspects that could be developed further, like reporting capabilities and contractor add-lists. The contractor compliance team is always soliciting feedback from its users though, and are constantly working to improve the platform and its functionality. I have full confidence that the software will keep getting better as time moves on.

Cindi from Prefix*

Easy On-Boarding and Great Customer Service

When we initially had a call with Contractor Compliance they told us with confidence that the on-boarding is completed quickly and will go smooth. I thought, " we will see". Much to my surprise, they were true to their commitment. The team stays on top of everything and becomes an extension of our team. They work very hard to ensure we are satisfied and that our contractors are treated with the same high level of service.

Pros

Cons

It is difficult to get contractors to understand the benefit, especially when they never had to do something like this in the past. But once again, while this is a con, the service we receive from our team provides assistance and information for our contractors to better understand the benefits and they sign up!

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Compliance

Our organization was in the process of launching Traction Guest, a guest sign in software. Contractor Compliance software could be integrated with Traction Guest. This helped us to make the decision to go with Contractor Compliance.

Melissa from Kingston Technology

Kingston Technology Contractor Compliance Review

Pros

This software has made it significantly easier to manage required documentation that is being requested by contractors. The ability to easily change requirements at any time and modify what requirements will apply to each contractor has been incredibly helpful in ensuring we are collecting the information we need. The ability to approve or reject documents has been absolutely amazing in giving contractors feedback.

Cons

The only issue with this software is the price that contractors need to pay in order to register. This has been the only barrier to using the software more than we already do.

Sophie from Jervis B Webb

Industry: Machinery

Contractor Compliance saves me so much time!

Deciding to partner with Contractor Compliance was a great choice. We are now saving tons of time not having to reach out to contractors manually through countless calls and emails to reach our compliance obligations. Which leaves more time to actually monitor the safe work practices of contractors and keep our employees safe. Less time dealing with paperwork makes me happy :)

Pros

Cons

The first few days after going live was a little stressful. I was getting calls from a lot of my contractors to get clarification on the program. But Contractor Compliance gave me all the tools and answers so i was prepared to take the calls and answer any questions that came up. After a few days i stopped receiving calls and things started to pick up pace. Within a couple of weeks we had 60+% contractors registered.

Kaela from Septodont

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Excellent Customer Service

The process of implementing this program and getting contractors on board has been made easier by the tons of support of rep. He has been a crucial part of helping our contractors work through any questions they had and the many that I had. If there was any issue he was easy to reach and quick to reply with the solution. Before we had our shutdown and were to have many contractors in, Rep took the initiative to offer his help in getting all our contractor up to full compliance so we would have no issues getting anyone onsite.

Pros

It is quick and easy to check the status of contractors and approve and reject documents. I also like the ease of communicating to contractors of why a document was rejected and they usually correct this in a very timely manner. I also like how you are able to customize your requirements to what your company needs.

Cons

Jesse from Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd.

Contractor Compliance

Excellent experience with sales and support staff. highly recommend contractor compliance for all industries that deal with tracking insurance and training of contractors.

Pros

App/Website is very user friendly and requires very little training.

Cons

Only down side is not being able to access information when site is down or going through maintenance.

Rusty from Sealed Air

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Excellent intuitive and functional

This software program was exactly what I was looking for help us manage our contractors. There was a learning curve due to the number of users on my end. Contractor Compliance helped us overcome many obstacles to get the program up and running.

Pros

Basic functionality with intuitive means to customize.

Cons

Had a slight international look and feel, that was corrected in later revisions.

Amy from Thunder Bay Hydro

Great time saver!

CC has eliminated the need for an archaic paper process and the added benefit of a storage system for training documents has been helpful for smaller businesses in particular.

Pros

eliminating the need to review paper documents and enhanced communication with the contractors has been a plus.

Cons

Still working through growing pains, but the customer service has been excellent!

Sean from Evraz NA

Industry: Mining & Metals

Solution for contractor qualification in metals manufacturing

Pros

The Regina SK facility was searching for a contractor qualification solution that provided value at a significant cost reduction to other platforms. Contractor compliance delivered a solution that has checked every box identified during implementation discussions and offers a custom approach to fit the needs of their clients.

Cons

Ease of use and quick implementation are positive traits concerning this solution. The efficiencies can lead you to "turn the switch on" before you have completed your internal protocols surrounding use of the solution.

Fernando from SIGNUM Wireless

Contractor Compliance plays a big role in our day-to-day operation

Pros

Simply put, It's user friendly. A simple tool and or solution that has removed countless hours of follow ups and eased the complexity of tracking our vendors. It has allowed me to monitor our contractors and ensure they are compliant to our needs and requirements.

Cons

Very little not to like. It has helped our business track and stay on top of our contractors.

Scott from Oshawa Power

Oshawa Power

Very positive experience. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team has been a fantastic overall experience! Thank-you.

Pros

User friendly. Flexibility to peg up/down and see more granular details is perfect. Report functionality is very helpful.

Cons

Nothing to date. It has all the functionality we currently require.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Compliance

Better overall value proposition.

Rodney from Powell Electrical Systems, Inc

Great Customer Service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Contractor Compliance was an easy-to-use, affordable, solution for Contractor Risk Management. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided great customer service every step of the way, and provided quick responses to my requests.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

The total exclusion requests do not update (shows corporate number), even when filtering by division.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Compliance

Better pricing, good support.

Brooke from SkySpecs

Super Simple

It's definitely doing what we wanted which is helping us keep on top of our contractor requirements. I think the biggest challenge is getting our contractors to do what we have required of them which Contractor Compliance really has no control over.

Pros

What I like most about Contractor Compliance is it's simplicity and how easy it is to use. Many compliance systems are super complex and have way too much information which makes them challenging and difficult to use and navigate through. Contractor compliance is much the opposite, it provides what we need in a simple fashion.

Cons

There are little areas that could use improvements like reporting and some administrative abilities but I know they are working on it and in the mean time the customer success agents really seem to be picking up where the limitations are at the moment.

Judy from Veolia

Industry: Environmental Services

Major time saver

We have only been using the tool for two months and our contractor safety program looks better than it has in years.

Pros

I like the dashboard view of the contractors so I can easily see which contractors are completely approved and which ones still need to load documents.

Cons

Our safety questionnaire is long so it would be nice if there was a ‘save’ option so they don’t lose work if they can’t complete the questionnaire in one sitting.

Christopher from Hydro-Gear

Industry: Machinery

Both pros and cons

Overall I love the concept and customer service of Contractor Compliance. If they could improve the platform, it'd greatly improve my perception of it.

Pros

Cost Ease of implementation Our implementation specialist helped us greatly

Cons

Parts of the platform are slow and clunky. About 10 seconds of waiting every time you filter by a specific criteria Contractors cannot yet be tied to an internal company responsible person (host)

Cost structure

Paul from Hamilton Health Sciences

Great solutions support.

Hamilton Health Sciences needed a solution to have all records of hired contractor's/sub-contractor's managed in one location. Contractor Compliance met the needs we were looking for and was also flexible to incorporate our internal policies and procedures contractor's had to comply with. Project Managers and Construction Managers are now able to view who's in compliance and even rate their experience with a contractor.

Pros

Management of contractor/sub-contractor's certifications/credentials.

Cons

Sorting of contractor names. With a growing list, it takes longer to find a contractor in the list. Selection based on alphabet would help.

Lisa from Munck Cranes Inc.

Best Pre Qualification Site!

Overall, I haven't had many issues with this software at all. I would recommend it to my hiring clients.

Pros

Contractor Compliance is hands down, the most user friendly Contractor pre-qualification site out there. The details provided are easy to understand and the information is uploaded and accepted almost instantly. Fantastic.

Cons

The dashboard can be a little misleading at times. It will say you are 100% compliant, but you will have just received an email saying something needs your attention...can be confusing.

dan from Sofina Foods

Contractor Compliance review

Although it was slow in achieving the customized forms and processing the support follow was good.

Pros

pricing, ease of use, and customizability.

Cons

Slow to achieve customized forms and processes.

Scott from Stackpole International

Moved away from our old time consuming software to this easy to use software in order to ensure compliance levels are met.

Pros

Compliance levels show up right in dashboard Amazing support from contractor compliance team Easy to use and navigate

Cons

Lacks reporting features, reporting is coming though.

Melissa from K-Line Maintenance & Construction Ltd

Excellent Program!

Pros

Contractor Compliance is so easy to set up and use. I have had very few concerns from our subcontractors not understanding how to use it. It has been very beneficial to our company.

Cons

The exemption system has a few glitches but Contractor Compliance has been very easy to work with on this.

Tracey from WPI

Safety Culture

Pros

This software enables our corporation to move safety to the next level and contractor compliance is a fantastic product to support that initiative.

Cons

no concerns experienced with the software

Lisa from Mucci Farms

Industry: Farming

I am a new user and it was easy

Great!! My training with the customer service rep was very good, he followed me through the process and made the use of the software very comfortable

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use. I am a new user and the software if very user friendly. After talking to the customer service rep, I found it very easy to send emails and messages to our contractors.

Cons

I wish there was an alert or notification system to let me know that I have something pending or to notify me that a contractor has uploaded information.

Stephanie from Lakeside Process Controls

Industry: Wholesale

Happy New Customer

Pros

Overall, the transition to Contractor Compliance has been excellent. The software is very simple to use making it easy to get compliance and maintain our database of suppliers. This was the ideal platform to meet our needs.

Cons

We had a few hiccups during the post onboarding phase. I will say, the concerns were immediately addressed and it sounds a new procedure has been spun up to ensure that this isn't a future concern.

Sabrina from TBRHSC

TBRHSC Review of CC

Great customer service! I adopted this program and became the administrator for our site. It was so easy to bring our site back up to speed thanks to the help of our service representative. He has helped get us back on track very quickly

Pros

The software is very easy to use. It's a fast system to find contractors and have all documents in one place for each contractor.

Cons

I have been administrator of this program for 6 months now and have not found any issues with it.

n/a

Owen from Bonduelle

Bonduelle Ingersoll

Very user friendly so far, and team has been invaluable when I need support. Great product.

Pros

I like the dashboard feature and simple functionality of the site.

Cons

I'd like a bit more control over employee requirements. Contractors sometimes add their main employee or the owner as a default even though their certifications aren't required. Despite marking their requirements as exempt, the employee still shows up as 0% compliant, rather than 100% which gives some peace of mind.

Kelly from Bonduelle Canada Inc. Tecumseh

Quick and Easy Start Up process

Signing up was easy and effortless. The software has allowed us to streamline all of our contractor health and safety documentation into one platform.. at no cost! Our only regret is not having partnered with Contractor Compliance sooner!

Pros

Very easy registration and start up. Within one week of our kick off with Contractor Compliance, 90 percent of our contractors were registered.

Cons

Not being able to use videos/sound clips in uploaded training materials.

Zan from Idahoan Foods

Great Contractor Program!

Pros

This has been an awesome contractor program that we implemented. I have already received messages from contracting companies that this has been the easiest program that they have used.

Cons

Wish the program offered video upload. A video would force contractors to actually watch something vs. flip through the pages.

Kenny from Southern Design Services

Compliance

Representative has been great to work with. I've picked up recently without any instruction from previous employee who was handling our compliance matters and representative has been a huge help!

Pros

Representative jumping in to help me pick up where another employee left off

Cons

Need to use longer before giving honest assessment