• Pros

• "Ease of integration Support from the team Country specific widgets for Cookies/T&Cs/Privacy Handles updates to documents seemlessly"

• "I am not very much into all this, but have an agency to help. But I like the support and assistance from Legal Monster"

• "Legal monster basically takes away all the hassle of cookie management and consent collection. Incredibly easy to implement and all the support you need to succeed. "

• Cons

• "Our users are a bit more informal than the usual online user - thus the copy had to be changed a bit - but Legalmonster was quick to adjust to this as well. "

• "Initially it wasn't possible to remove/customize their icon, but that has been fixed now. "

• "The Legal Cookie Icon is quite large, should be nice to be able to make it smaller. But that's the only topic I can think of."

Browse Legal Monster Reviews

Matthew from Your Once Ltd

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Fantastic product backed by and even better team

Ever since I first contacted them they have been supporting us in our journey to live. Initially we had a simply setup with the cookie consent widget integrated on our landing page. This changed to an integration based off Google Tag Manager and then onto the Segment. The latter was a real challenge as we need to control which marketing scripts were enabled based on the cookie consent selected but the team at Legal Monster worked directly with our developers to get this solved and provided working example code for us to test out. Couldn't recommend this team more and the product is great - the best widget I've ever seen on a site!

Pros

Cons

Costs for lots of regions but talk to them about your challenges and they can advise you of what you need and what you don't.

Reasons for Choosing Legal Monster

Look and feel of widget and the great support provided by the team both before and after sale.

James from Einka Økonomi

Removing the headache of staying up to date with cookie and online legal compliancy.

Being part of a startup generally means all tasks of running a business fall on you. Having no background in cookie compliancy resulted in a lot of searching and reading legal documents that only sent me further into the rabbit hole. Since subscribing to LegalMonster i no longer have these problems. If there is an issue, i can be sure that the LegalMonster team will do everything in their power to fix it. Their interface is extremely easy to use but even if you are clueless, they have a great database of helpful guides, and offer online seminars that are very informative and clear about all the information needed to be and stay compliant.

Pros

The ease of use and efficient and effective customer support i recieved.

Cons

Hard to say, whilst LegalMonster did everything right to help me be compliant there was an issue with our website provider that conflicted with LegalMonster doing its job, however they have done everything to help me overcome this obstacle, going above and beyond what is required to ensure I am helped.

Reasons for Choosing Legal Monster

I tried a few different products and what i liked about LegalMonster was the ease of use and that it was developed by experienced and knowledgable people that knew what is required in Europe with regards to GDPR and being compliant. What sealed the deal for me choosing LegalMonster was that even on their free subscription plan i received amazing customer service and a wonderful experience, the team were happy answering every single one of my questions no matter how silly they may be.

Karen Claire from karenclaireulmer.com

Legal Monster Review

The service is pretty good. My site is just a profile site so it does not requires the big legal stuff and even if I am just using the free version, they were still very helpful and addressed all my questions. So I am very happy with the experience. And because of this experience, I am actually recommending this to my husband who is considering to revamp two of his e-commerce sites.

Pros

I tried one or two software prior to Legal Monster and I find this easiest to use and integrate in my site. I do not have to be a programmer to make it work. With the others, it felt like it was half-baked and I had really difficulty making them work. Well. I am such a newbie in WordPress and had to develop a profile site for my Digital marketing course, so maybe that can be a reason. But Legal Monster was very simple that it came with real ease. As I do not have any transactional things on my site or any subscription services at the moment, and simply collect cookies for my analytics, I just use the free version. Nevertheless, the experience from the time I created my account to integration to my website went smooth...and the software is still smoothly running. The instructions provided were pretty clear and the prompts to update the policies to ensure that one conforms to GDPR is pretty good. And I like how it looks on my site...It's not overly intrusive, yet can be clearly see.

Cons

I have not had any bad experience, so I have not seen any cons until now. So far I have had only a positive experience.

Reasons for Switching to Legal Monster

The previous ones I tried (the ones I could find in WordPress) were not so easy for me to handle...Legal Monster was pretty clear as to how I can implement it in my site and is much easier for me to follow.

Line from LTP Group

Great assistance

Happy - feeling supervised to catch minor mistakes

Pros

Cons

Don't know in details - if any...........

...

Kenneth from 1ID IVS

Second-to-none compliance solution

Pros

Using Legal Monster technology and services guarantees in an easy and effective way that 1ID is in 24/7 compliance with data management requirements. This is especially important to 1ID as we deal with sensitive personal customer data.

Cons

So far nothing to dislike. Ideas for improvement will be considered.

Tomasz from Move On Career

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Excellent features and knowledgeable support

We tested LegalMonster for several months in free version before finally deciding to give it a go in full version on all of our sites. We liked the features and were also quite impressed by customer support during our trial period - the response to our queries was fast and any teething problems solved rapidly. Highly recommended!

Pros

The Audit Trail feature in particular caught our attention, allowing for easy and seamless audit of permissions given by your site users over time. Generating the cookie policy was easy with the built-in functions. Implementing of base features was simple and fast. Customer support was also a treat, even during our free trial period.

Cons

We had some teething problems during our test phase due to slightly overzealous cookie scan. However, these were very quickly fixed after contacting support.

Reasons for Switching to Legal Monster

In the fast changing world of increasingly complex GDPR-regulations we considered it best to allow a professional partner to handle our cookie-related concerns.

Walter from CREATIVE Associates

Cookie User Consent On Your WEB site

Very professional and friendly people.

Pros

The Cookie solution is quite easy to install and activate on your WEB site. The user needs to consent for the non mandatory cookies which is stored for legal purposes. Great solution to be legally compliant with the rules for Cookies management. An other nice feature is that your WEB site is scanned, on regular bases, to see if any new Cookies are attached to your WEB site, you get a report of that so that you can adapt your policy.

Reasons for Choosing Legal Monster

We ran a scan, via WEB, through the different offerings in the Cookie policy management space and where directly impressed by the free Cookie solution offer of Legal Monster. Really a very nice piece of software.

Gerard from ParkOffice

Taken the stress out of cookie compliance

A very simple tool that can help businesses get on top of compliance. Would have no hesitation in recommending the product to other firms in need of a solution.

Pros

We are a small company at present and we have been looking for a solution like Legal Monster for some time. The simplicity of the solution is brilliant and it takes a lot of work out of our small team's hands and frees up our time to focus on our own product and offering. We know where we stand with compliance and the implementation was straight forward also. Sales process straight forward. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were excellent through procurement and set up.

Cons

In time, we would love a more customisable front-end and acceptance poke-points.

Josephine from TripDoodler

Super dedicated company

If you are looking for a solution you can trust for you to take your eyes off the legal compliance stuff, LegalMonster is your perfect partner.

Pros

We like that we can tailor-make it to fit our needs and the process of implementing everything has been really smooth.

Cons

So far we are not missing anything in LegalMonsters product. And we haven't found any features we don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Legal Monster

Because we trust in their legal advice and they have a smooth product offering.

Kahlina from Sprout

Industry: Writing and Editing

Would definately recommend!

Pros

How Legal Monster makes cookie policies and compliance extremely easy to handle! And their support is 10/10! Further, I receive an email whenever new cookies are added or when I need to make any changes.

Cons

Nothing really. I guess it would be implementation but

Søren from Teamway

Incredible support and ease of use

Alasdair from Tractix Limited

Does what it says it would do

Very strong solution and personnel are all highly qualified with great interpersonal skills.

Pros

Relieves all concerns around GDPR, easy to implement, an up and coming player in this market.

Cons

Nothing, it did what it is supposed to do.

Needed a more comprehensive Solution

Victor from Henning Stæhr A/S / LUXWI

Stine & Team was super in getting us up and running!

Pros

Easy to use, implement and understand. The team and Legalmonster was easy to work with and helped us getting up and running in no time.

Cons

The price - but it's worth it. You made me choose a con! Don't see any to be honest.

Chris from Nøie ApS

Consents & Audit trail gathered in one place

Pros

We needed to find a solution that kept track of our customers' consents and to track exactly what each and individual customer has given consent to and when. Legal Monster is providing this, and it's been invaluable to us. It's also easy to make revisions to our terms and conditions. Simple to use and it's good to know that we have all gathered in one place.

Cons

There has been some minor bugs in the software here and there, but the team at Legal Monster has been quick to correct them.

Daniel from Paprcuts

Really grateful

Pros

The team quickly helped me out sorting out a blocking issue. Thanks a lot!

Cons

We lost visibility due to the GDPR compliancy requirements

Price

Lisa from GOODIEBOX

Industry: Cosmetics

Highly recommended tool for collecting consent from your users

Great experience with the team - they really helped (also outside of their product) and are super responsive. I highly recommend to work with Legalmonster!

Pros

After implementation and roll-out of the tool, you don't have to worry about consent collection any more and you have a centralised place where all consents are stored

Anders from FOM Technologies

Just what we needed

Pros

Very smooth process, easy to implement, and a very helpful team.

Cons

They want me to add some cons to this review, but so far I have none worth mentioning, nothing is perfect.

Reasons for Choosing Legal Monster

Legalmonster had the features we wanted, and they are located close to us, so preferred to support locally.

Reasons for Switching to Legal Monster

Service and response time at cookieinformation was horrible, so started digging around for something to replace it.

Johanne from Ivyhill Digital

Easy to use plugin that meets the regulations

Pros

The set up guides and customer support are excellent. I've used legal monster on two different sites and it made creating s cookies policy and pop up very easy.

Cons

Having to set up Google tag manager to ensure cookies weren't collected before consent was given was an extra step I want expecting. But I was guided through the process and it was easy to do.

The pop-up looks better