• icon"The ease of use and efficient and effective customer support i recieved."
  • icon"Generating the cookie policy was easy with the built-in functions."
  • icon"The simplicity of the solution is brilliant and it takes a lot of work out of our small team's hands and frees up our time to focus on our own product and offering."
  • icon"It’s just a small thing but it makes the cookie policy looks unprofessional. The bug still hasn’t been fixed up until today (12 days later) which is a bit disappointing, to say the least."
  • icon"We had some teething problems during our test phase due to slightly overzealous cookie scan."
  • icon"We lost visibility due to the GDPR compliancy requirements."

Browse all Openli Reviews

• Have you used Openli and would like to share your experience with others?

Karl

Industry: Information Services

April 2022

Openli helps you scale your team without hiring

Openli allows Cronofy to scale its Compliance function without necessarily having to add people to the team. Scalability is everything.

Pros

I like how Openli relieves a lot of work from our Compliance function, whilst at the same time adding value through their expertise and experience. Openli enables scalability. Openli provide cutting edge information, webinars and news about GDPR and evolving data protection laws, too. These are hugely useful.

Cons

I think a simpler stats indicator with universal nomenclature (not started, in progress, done) for vendor assessments would be good.

Reasons for choosing Openli

We chose Openli because they're EU based, they are experts in what they do and their approach to sales and success was much better than their competitors.

Removing the headache of staying up to date with cookie and online legal compliancy.

Being part of a startup generally means all tasks of running a business fall on you. Having no background in cookie compliancy resulted in a lot of searching and reading legal documents that only sent me further into the rabbit hole. Since subscribing to LegalMonster i no longer have these problems. If there is an issue, i can be sure that the LegalMonster team will do everything in their power to fix it. Their interface is extremely easy to use but even if you are clueless, they have a great database of helpful guides, and offer online seminars that are very informative and clear about all the information needed to be and stay compliant.

Pros

The ease of use and efficient and effective customer support i recieved.

Cons

Hard to say, whilst LegalMonster did everything right to help me be compliant there was an issue with our website provider that conflicted with LegalMonster doing its job, however they have done everything to help me overcome this obstacle, going above and beyond what is required to ensure I am helped.

Reasons for choosing Openli

I tried a few different products and what i liked about LegalMonster was the ease of use and that it was developed by experienced and knowledgable people that knew what is required in Europe with regards to GDPR and being compliant. What sealed the deal for me choosing LegalMonster was that even on their free subscription plan i received amazing customer service and a wonderful experience, the team were happy answering every single one of my questions no matter how silly they may be.

Sebastian

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Looks good but the support is slow and doesn’t care about accessibility

In total, this means to me that Legal Monster offers a product that looks good on first glance but falls apart as soon as you check their product in detail or request any type of technical support (despite being a paying enterprise customer).

Pros

The widget is easy to install if you don’t need to customize it. They offer a barebones API to integrate more advanced functionality.

Cons

During the first usage I found a bug and reported it. It’s just a small thing but it makes the cookie policy looks unprofessional. The bug still hasn’t been fixed up until today (12 days later) which is a bit disappointing, to say the least. Even more disappointingly, the cookie consent widget is not accessible at all (i.e. not following ANY of the accessibility best practices) and the Legal Monster support doesn’t care about that issue either (they did not even want to consider changing anything about it).

Reasons for choosing Openli

Legal Monster’s cookie consent widget looked the best and simplest among the competition and their company seemed the most sympathetic.

Laura

February 2022

Could not ask for more....

Having everything in one place is a huge benefit for me in my role and the company. It streamlines everything so I can manage each part for each business unit rather than having multiple ways of managing.

Pros

I love this platform, from the minute I signed up they have always been so supportive and guided me through the set-up. The staff are friendly helpful and always there it is like working with colleagues not just a software provider.

Cons

It was easy to integrate. The staff engaged with it which means ALOT! I would like to see more features developed to aid compliance and governance. For example - data mapping or cataloguing!

Reasons for choosing Openli

Value for money and the service, you are not just another customer. They actually care!

Jesper

Best cookie manager

Amazing support.

Pros

Beautiful designed. Plenty of customisations. Easy administration.

Cons

Self-removal of outdated cookies. Possibility to remove crawl IP's from analytics.

Reasons for switching to Openli

The UI was way better looking. The admin way easier.

Søren

February 2022

Nobody likes to worry about GDPR

I don't like to think about GDPR and Openli, we don't have to at Legacy anymore. I actually don't think about Openli at all day to day (and that's a big compliment!) I've implemented GDPR & and Vendor compliance at previous companies, which has always been a dreadful and resource-draining experience. With Openli we've been able to put our GDPR compliance efforts on auto-drive. I appreciate that our Privacy manager checks in from time to time to provide updates on our vendors and to alert us on possible compliance issues. Now, we can instead spend our time building a great product and closing new sales, which ultimately brings us closer to achieving our company vision.

Pros

Fast setup (everything considered), access to your own privacy manager, easily sharable vendor lists, and privacy profile

Cons

The pricing model was not completely clear as we onboarded, which ended up increasing the monthly fee straight out the gate. However, considering the ROI from newly closed deals with the help of Openli, this is a minor gripe.

Matthew

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Fantastic product backed by and even better team

Ever since I first contacted them they have been supporting us in our journey to live. Initially we had a simply setup with the cookie consent widget integrated on our landing page. This changed to an integration based off Google Tag Manager and then onto the Segment. The latter was a real challenge as we need to control which marketing scripts were enabled based on the cookie consent selected but the team at Legal Monster worked directly with our developers to get this solved and provided working example code for us to test out. Couldn't recommend this team more and the product is great - the best widget I've ever seen on a site!

Pros

Ease of integration Support from the team Country specific widgets for Cookies/T&Cs/Privacy Handles updates to documents seemlessly

Cons

Costs for lots of regions but talk to them about your challenges and they can advise you of what you need and what you don't.

Reasons for choosing Openli

Look and feel of widget and the great support provided by the team both before and after sale.

Rasmus Puggaard

June 2022

Excellent team and software helping us privacy professionals

Pros

Cookie module is easy to use and does not require maintenance. The privacy hub is still new to us but appears very promising.

Cons

Product could be expanded to be an entire GRC solution to benefit from all the possible synergies.

Esben

May 2022

Openli removed our frustrations and worries. Now, time to do what we do best!

We are a small team taking care of many Danish tech startups on a daily basis and our time has to be spent wisely. Instead of hiring an entire compliance team we decided to team up with Openli and we can now focus on our core functions instead. It has been a big relief and we can't praise this service enough. The support team has been working closely with us throughout the entire setup process and along the way added incredible value.

Pros

It was super easy and effective to setup in collaboration with the support team.

Cons

We didn't have any obstacles setting it up. Which was superb!

Lasse

April 2022

Great service and epic support

Openli has been where helpful with getting all the documentation collected from the differant vendors. Openli has been good to follow up on the process.

Pros

At ITGuy we searched for a solution where we could noted all our contractors and keep track of where data is stored. That helped Openli with.

Cons

At the moment where havent found anything we dont like.

Karen Claire

Legal Monster Review

The service is pretty good. My site is just a profile site so it does not requires the big legal stuff and even if I am just using the free version, they were still very helpful and addressed all my questions. So I am very happy with the experience. And because of this experience, I am actually recommending this to my husband who is considering to revamp two of his e-commerce sites.

Pros

I tried one or two software prior to Legal Monster and I find this easiest to use and integrate in my site. I do not have to be a programmer to make it work. With the others, it felt like it was half-baked and I had really difficulty making them work. Well. I am such a newbie in WordPress and had to develop a profile site for my Digital marketing course, so maybe that can be a reason. But Legal Monster was very simple that it came with real ease. As I do not have any transactional things on my site or any subscription services at the moment, and simply collect cookies for my analytics, I just use the free version. Nevertheless, the experience from the time I created my account to integration to my website went smooth...and the software is still smoothly running. The instructions provided were pretty clear and the prompts to update the policies to ensure that one conforms to GDPR is pretty good. And I like how it looks on my site...It's not overly intrusive, yet can be clearly see.

Cons

I have not had any bad experience, so I have not seen any cons until now. So far I have had only a positive experience.

Reasons for switching to Openli

The previous ones I tried (the ones I could find in WordPress) were not so easy for me to handle...Legal Monster was pretty clear as to how I can implement it in my site and is much easier for me to follow.

Tomasz

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Excellent features and knowledgeable support

We tested LegalMonster for several months in free version before finally deciding to give it a go in full version on all of our sites. We liked the features and were also quite impressed by customer support during our trial period - the response to our queries was fast and any teething problems solved rapidly. Highly recommended!

Pros

The Audit Trail feature in particular caught our attention, allowing for easy and seamless audit of permissions given by your site users over time. Generating the cookie policy was easy with the built-in functions. Implementing of base features was simple and fast. Customer support was also a treat, even during our free trial period.

Cons

We had some teething problems during our test phase due to slightly overzealous cookie scan. However, these were very quickly fixed after contacting support.

Reasons for switching to Openli

In the fast changing world of increasingly complex GDPR-regulations we considered it best to allow a professional partner to handle our cookie-related concerns.

Walter

Cookie User Consent On Your WEB site

Very professional and friendly people.

Pros

The Cookie solution is quite easy to install and activate on your WEB site. The user needs to consent for the non mandatory cookies which is stored for legal purposes. Great solution to be legally compliant with the rules for Cookies management. An other nice feature is that your WEB site is scanned, on regular bases, to see if any new Cookies are attached to your WEB site, you get a report of that so that you can adapt your policy.

Cons

The Legal Cookie Icon is quite large, should be nice to be able to make it smaller. But that's the only topic I can think of.

Reasons for choosing Openli

We ran a scan, via WEB, through the different offerings in the Cookie policy management space and where directly impressed by the free Cookie solution offer of Legal Monster. Really a very nice piece of software.

Erik

Great Product and customer service

The product works really well, and I have aces the the backend for settings. Openlis customer service is really good. They are easy to contact and have a danish support which is perfect.

Pros

I use the product at my webshop for my customers to accept cookies. It is well integrated in the same colours as in my webshop.

Cons

I dont really have given this issue ant thoughts

Reasons for switching to Openli

Better product, danisk support and better pricing.

Gerard

Taken the stress out of cookie compliance

A very simple tool that can help businesses get on top of compliance. Would have no hesitation in recommending the product to other firms in need of a solution.

Pros

We are a small company at present and we have been looking for a solution like Legal Monster for some time. The simplicity of the solution is brilliant and it takes a lot of work out of our small team's hands and frees up our time to focus on our own product and offering. We know where we stand with compliance and the implementation was straight forward also. Sales process straight forward. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were excellent through procurement and set up.

Cons

In time, we would love a more customisable front-end and acceptance poke-points.

Louise

Really simple and nice UI

Really good.

Pros

It was really simple for us to setup and he haven't had any issues with it. Just simple and smooth user experience.

Cons

There is nothing we dislike about the software.

Beverley

Industry: Writing and Editing

Brilliant Customer Service!

Openli has made my website compliance experience straightforward. As a start-up, I have no background experience in cookie compliance, which unfortunately slowed down the process until I discovered Openli. The team have been brilliant, as they go above and beyond to make sure the cooking settings, GDPR are working smoothly and up to date. I used the free cookie setting initially. Before deciding to upgrade to the full version! During my first few months, the team offered me a great deal which was a value for the price.

Pros

The ease of use Frequent update of cookie policy

Cons

I don't feel like there were any features missing.

Josephine