• icon"Easy and reliable, my coworkers are not always hunting me down that the website and software are hard to use. The tech support is responsive and quick."
  • icon"Very user friendly, and easy to create reports."
  • icon"The ease of using the system, the added benefit of questions after each segment and the way it is presented was most excellent and kept your attention."
  • icon"Some of the courses get stuck, don't calculate correctly."
  • icon"Requires manual intervention to work as we need it which is not what was promised. We are very unhappy and are actively looking at other providers."
  • icon"Incident/ event numbering useless rather have location date to hard to sort thru numbers with no logic to them."

Browse all MedTrainer Reviews

• Have you used MedTrainer and would like to share your experience with others?

Ashlie

Efficiency Improvement

Risk management has been more organized. I also utilize the organization functionality to perform my own credentialing. I used to have an excel document where every medical staff member had their credential expiration date listed and I had to manually keep up with this. With Medtrainer, I am able to run a report as often as I would like and the credentials that are valid, expiring, or expired will populate in an excel document. My staff love that the program can be accessed from anywhere, including their mobile device. My learning compliance has increased since implementing the system.

Pros

Medtrainer has endless functionality that can enhance many areas of ones practice. I personally do not utilize the program to its fullest potential, but what I do use the program for has saved my valuable time and helped me stay better organized. I love the incident reporting component. My staff are able to complete incident reports easily and they are more timely then on paper. Enforcing time restrictions for incident reporting is also easier.

Cons

There are some attributes that are not user friendly and you have to either know for sure how to access the functions as opposed to "figuring it out". Thankfully, the support line is very knowledgeable and they are able to explain how to do something quickly and easily. Assigning the learning courses can be challenging and re-assigning courses is not user friendly.

functionality and price

Stephanie

Best Decision

We have better reports, the ability to track internal and external transcripts within one platform; minimizing paper forms to file and manually track in spreadsheets. We were able to import clinical competency forms, policies, procedures and other important documents employees acknowledge. This has been very helpful with regulatory accreditations. Reports are quick and painless compared to other learning management systems.

Pros

The admin, super admin and end-user functionalities are easy to use. The software allows our organization to store and track various content while minimizing paper documents and maintain version control. This ranges from competencies, policies, procedures, basic life support, and mandatory reporter training. We are evaluating other internal processes to maximize the software, reduce manual labor and re-work. We have the best customer support from our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who always responds in a timely manner. He truly makes us feel like we are his only customer.

Cons

The 3 week time frame for customized courses.

Reasons for switching to MedTrainer

MedTrainer offered more customization beyond annual course assignments. We were able to house and track many things within one system.

Vivian

Overall 4/5 Stars!

Pros

I like the online trainings aspect of MedTrainer the most. We have never run into a problem when wanting a e-course that wasn't already there. We also use the credentialing aspect to house all our files. It is easy to use and has great features (i.e. color coding for documents that need updated).

Cons

The incident reporting system is easy to use, but with some quirks. The setup for it, is complicated and didn't perform as we had expected. The incident form is customizable (great feature), but with how our system is set up, it requires the user to escalate each incident submitted, which has become an issue.

Not the greatest learning tool

Good luck with this one, I hope you have better luck then I have had with it!

Pros

I have been in the medical education system for along time and have had to use this throughout my training. It does allow for a wide range of options for teaching the student, but overall it is frustrating and annoying to use. There has been okay customer support, but it overall doesn’t match some of the other options out there!

Cons

It is hard to use and is very figity. It has several glitches and is not user friendly at all. It takes a big learning curve and overall is just not worth the time. It is affordable though, which is a positive.

Response from MedTrainer

Thank you for leaving us a review, and we're sorry you didn't have such a great experience. We're constantly improving our system to meet the needs of many types of offices and organizations. We always welcome comments and suggestions to help us better improve our platform, and feel free to email us at info@medtrainer.com to let us know how we could improve your experience in the future. We offer training and live assistance to our customers when they need help. Thank you again.

Marcie

October 2022

Great customer service for all-inclusive product

Medtrainer has been a great addition to our organization. We can now keep track of who has not completed their training. We can also do targeted training. Compliance is much easier now.

Pros

The installation was very easy. You have a dedicated customer service rep that helps you through all the modules and you can access the rep any time you need them. They are very responsive.

Cons

We keep having problems with the course not completing in the system but the customer service rep has escalated our issue and hope to have resolved soon.

Reasons for choosing MedTrainer

Medtrainer had all the features we wanted, policy and contract management, learning management, compliance, ability to do our own courses, SDS, exclusion report monthly, and even BLS on line.

Jamie

October 2022

A great resource for any group in the Healthcare industry!

Medtrainer allows for an ease of use and offers many different courses that are required by healthcare professionals. I can assign courses for the staff to take at their leisure or give them an end date. I can also assign to repeat in one year automatically. I find this very helpful. We also have our MSDS inventory on this site.

Pros

We are a large medical group who has many employees that need to stay current with their CE's, HIPAA, and blood borne pathogen requirements. Medtrainer allows for an ease of use and offers many different courses that satisfy these needs.

Cons

I have not found any issues with the software and we have been using this company for over 5 years.

Kellee

Great product

I have had a great experience with the platform and service thus far and would recommend MedTrainer to anyone.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and the integration was simple. I appreciate that there are updates and new courses rolled out consistently.

Cons

We have had a few issues with some courses not allowing staff to move forward in the course to complete.

Taylor

Orthopedics - HIPAA and Safety

MedTrainer was my training tool when starting with this company. Now, as the administrator to newly onboarded users, I can see why we have stuck with MedTrainer for so long to meet our HIPAA and Safety training needs.

Pros

MedTrainer allows us to assign a bundle of courses to our new users which makes sure that all users receive the same training. Courses are interactive and designed in a way that encourages the user to explore all information provided in the modules.

Cons

The only issue we encounter is having to enable pop-ups in our browser to access courses, which is an easy fix!

health care office

we are currently using medtrainer for OSHA, HIPAA compliance and CPR certifications. It is very easy to track when you need to recertify everyone. and the addition of the cpr certification was great being all online

Pros

very user friendly, easy to use on desktop and mobile device.

Cons

there is nothing about the system that i can complain about, it is all around great

Jarrod

September 2022

Waste of money. Small business owners, go elsewhere.

Awful experience. Found it wasn’t needed for us or ANYONE LESS THAN 100 employees, so if you are a small business, find a better way to keep records of your staff by using a desktop. Unhappy costumer here, and they pretty much said “sorry you’re unhappy” and we will keep charging you. So, DO NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACTS WITH THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU KNOW IT WILL BENEFIT YOU. Truthfully, you do not need the services of this company.

Pros

Internet based… many courses available to train staff.

Cons

Staff, customer service. They love to take your money and don’t deliver on service. All they care about is sales, the constant calls and emails about referrals and upselling is crazy and then when you need help on customer service we had weeks go by before someone replied.

Reasons for choosing MedTrainer

I was referred to them, unfortunately.

Pooja

MedTrainer Review

MedTrainer staff are extremely responsive and their turnaround time is great. They are always willing to help and stick by their word. They take feedback on their products and customize them to their customers' needs. Above all, you can feel that they genuinely care about their customers' satisfaction.

Pros

MedTrainer is a great resource. More than that, the customer support and MedTrainer team are what make the software exceptional. They help to truly customize functions based on our needs. Among other things, we were able to transition to electronic incident reporting and ensure a speedy and simple way to deliver required annual compliance training. We are continuously evolving with MedTrainer. Our organization spans across multiple states and MedTrainer (and their team) make sure that we are well taken care of and help us to ensure uniformity within our Compliance Program.

Cons

The cons tie into the pros. With any IT product there are bound to be issues - however, the MedTrainer team is always quick to help and ensure that it is resolved ASAP so we can return to normal operations. MedTrainer takes feedback and constructive criticism well and adapt to our needs.

Wendy

MedTrainer

The transition from last product to MedTrainer was easy, they've thought of everything. Every time I need something created or added they're quick to help me.

Pros

MedTrainer helped me streamline our new employee onboarding. The success manager assigned to my account is amazing!

Cons

I wish the alpha sorter in the Employee Center was at the top of the page. The SDS function wasn't a great fit for us so we discontinued using it.

Reasons for switching to MedTrainer

MedTrainer had more bells and whistles.

Response from MedTrainer

Wendy, thank you so much for the feedback! We're so happy to know that MedTrainer is making onboarding a better experience for you, and that your success manager is providing you great service! I will forward your feedback to our software development team about the alpha sorter and SDS function issues you were having to see if we can get a fix in for that in the future. Any and all feedback helps us to continue to improve and grow with our customers. Reach out to us any time you need us, and thanks again!

Debbie

MedTrainer

With Med Trainer we can easily assign training to employees and follow up on completion. We can also track training received outside of Med Trainer. The interface with ADP has eliminated data entry for new hires. We go right to assigning training. SDS management has always been a problem. We now have easily accessible binders on line. The link with McKesson captures over 90% of our new SDS sheets. We finally have an efficient way of tracking our contracts. We can easily view a copy. Med Trainer notifies us when a contract is about to expire. Everything we have tried with Med Trainer has been a time saver. We are much more efficient now.

Pros

It easily manages many time consuming tasks.

Cons

It needs more flexibility in security assignments

Response from MedTrainer

Debbie we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review, and so happy to know that MedTrainer has freed up more time and streamlined your onboarding with our ADP integration. And our consistent updating of McKesson SDS seems to be working great for you as well! I will forward your feedback on to our development team about flexibility in security assignments, and maybe we can improve this feature in the future. It's feedback like this that helps us continue to make MedTrainer better, easier, and more effective for customers like you. Thank you so much again!

Monique

MedTrainer Review

Pros

Reminder emails and ability to change frequency of them. Tracking of Transcripts and Contracts.

Cons

The Document and Policy Binder is messy. Might be my fault though.

Reasons for choosing MedTrainer

We also use Relias. They do not store Contract though so we don't want to get rid of MedTrainer. Relias has more trainings related to our line of work though.

Candace

Customer Service has been awesome.

The product has been very helpful with moving training forward for our organization. Customer Service has been excellent . Our rep, has been one of the main reasons we are very satisfied.

Pros

It's very fluid and evolving with the demand and need. It has evolved tremendously since we have been with them. That's exciting.

Cons

Sometimes uploading is very slow. This causes people to get frustrated with trying to get courses completed and for us to run reports.

Response from MedTrainer

Candace, thank you so much for leaving us a great review! We're happy to know that MedTrainer has grown with you and is meeting your needs. Sorry to hear about some of the issues you've been having with uploading to the system, and I'm going to pass along your feedback to our development team to see if we can make some improvements for future use. Feedback like this drives us to constantly make MedTrainer better and easier to use for our customers, and we truly appreciate you as one!

Beth

MedTrainer Review

My overall experience has been very good and I am happy to have a tracking software but also have the learning online videos for staff instead of sending them off campus to complete some of their required training. Orientation of new staff has been much easier as well because I am able to get their compliance training completed at on-boarding instead of waiting until the next group training is scheduled.

Pros

I really value the tracking portion of the training. We have always struggled with staying on top of when staff are due to renew their certifications and annual compliance training; so this software has really helped!

Cons

We signed up to utilize the equipment list and maintenance module. Instead of there being an upload of our current excel equipment list we will have to put each piece of equipment in one by one. I haven't had a chance to sit down and do this yet so I haven't been able to start using that module yet. :( I thought when I signed up for our package, it included some of the CME that clinical staff need and I found out it will cost extra. :(

Recommended by our supply vendor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Wendy

MedTrainer is a lifesaver for HR departments of one!

We once had to close our practice to two hours and bring in a consultant to lead a boring 2-hour class on OSHA and HIPAA regulations--this cost us revenue. Now we can assign courses in not only OSHA and HIPAA guidelines but can add custom courses and staff development training too --all at lightning speed and our staff can access the site 24/7 to make the training fit our schedule--and no lost time to do it.

Pros

Very easy to use and was very easy to set up initially--their support staff did most of the heavy-lifting! Our staff find the site easy to navigate and the flow is logical.

Cons

That we didn't find it before now! We did have some reporting features we desired but the support team helped us work with the design team and they made it happen.

Sonia