• Pros

• "I have been using OnPay for over 4 years now. It has always been easy to use and they have had excellent customer service. Never a delay in getting help. Great value."

• "Easy to set up on the basic things. Lots of feature and customer service is great. Reply back fast with great help. "

• "What I like the most about Onpay, is it is affordable and allows me the most flexibility of all other payroll software I have used or researched. Also, the support has been fantastic! "

• Cons

• "Integrations with quick books are good, but lack some of the features you get with payroll through quickbooks."

• "My only complaint about OnPay is that the UIUX isn't quite as sleek as some of the other competitors, but the ease of use and features are all on target."

• "Some of the advanced features aren't always intuitive, but customer support is always fast and friendly."

Browse OnPay Reviews

Lisa from iCap Equity

Great Payroll System

Great tool that is affordable and easy to use!

Pros

What I like most about OnPay is how easy it is to use the tool. I do not have a payroll background and I was able to figure out how to process payroll with getting frustrated. It's very intuitive and easy to use. I also like that chat functionality. They respond instantly and are incredibly knowledgeable/helpful.

Cons

I wish we could integrate it with our HRIS platform so I wouldn't have to switch between 2 different systems to process payroll (401k contributions and approve non-exempt time cards, etc.)

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

CFO liked OnPay's cost and functionality better than Gusto.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Paychex is a cumbersome tool that was out-dated and not intuitive. The customer service was also not very helpful and non-responsive.

Michael from National Mortgage Field Services

Used For a Company of Contractors

Over the years we have very much appreciated the way OnPay listens to us and impliments our suggestions and features that work for our company.

Pros

We like being able to add new contractors and allowing an invitation to go out to the employee to log in and finish their own set up by adding their banking information. We like being able to see a payment history made to the employee. We like the ease of making direct deposit to employees.

Cons

We would rather enter contractors as contractors rather than employees which is easier to set up. Right now we have to add the 1099 Misc payment addon.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

We felt our inquires were answered with concern for our needs.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

We wanted a company to do all the heavy lifting for us, and have the ability for employees to have access to their own tax documents that they can download themselves as they need. The cost of not having to mail out 1099 misc forms covers a major portion of the cost of OnPay.

BR from Root Cause Institute

New User, happy so far

Excellent.

Pros

The OnPay customer service has been excellent since the first call I had with them. The help transferring our information from a big, clunky payroll platform to getting it to the streamlined & easy to use OnPay platform was seamless. The communication, information, help & kindness shown throughout the process has been a real change from our last experience. The response time is super quick too!

Cons

So far it is not as robust as the last platform so I am missing some features (specifically benefits enrollment). I'm still a new user and am just diving into the reports now.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

There was a promotion with Tech Soup.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

The cost and the customer service experience. Each individual person was helpful, but the wait times, the switching from department to department, the lack of clear communications and the feeling of being lost in the ether when I would call for help was really frustrating. We're a small non-profit and ADP Workforce Now's pricing was just too much for us to maintain. It was also really cumbersome to get through and didn't allow for a lot of employee self service without admin intervention.

Lowell from Clearly Blue, Inc.

Product is "meh", Customer Support is subpar.

On-boarding was great while in the actual software. A day later I received a support e-mail welcoming me to OnPay and asked me a few questions to understand how I was going to use the product and help me get up and running faster. Nowhere in that e-mail did it state a response was required and if I didn't respond I would forfeit the capability of direct deposit. I have since attempted to get that capability via support ticket no less than 5 times to never get a response from OnPay. The software usability is ok. I don't find it as user friendly as it could be. Simple things like a getting a payroll summary after the fact seem impossible. I can get check reprints but once I exit out of the payroll run I cannot seem to get that PDF of the payroll summary. I spent an hour one evening looking to no avail. The dashboard is "meh". Customization is almost non-existent. There is stuff there I'd like to remove but can't and stuff I want there that isn't available. For on-boarding a new employee... you can create a task to have the employee complete the I9 online and have a supervisor review it. However, I still have been unable to find that I9 to review it. If the employee loses or deletes their invite, you have to delete the invite and recreate it.. you can't simply resend the invite. Sometime I suffer from OCD and if the employee misspells a street name or is inconsistent in capitalization you can't correct it or you delete all the W4 data the employee typed in.

Pros

I was able to get up in running and execute an actual payroll in less than an hour. No two to three week, multi-step jump hooping process like competitors (Wagepoint, for example.)

Cons

The customer support is awful. I send e-mail after e-mail to their customer support addresses and never get a response. When I finally get a hold of someone they say they have no record of getting my e-mails. Yet when I respond to their e-mails they get them just fine. The last time they opened a ticket on their side I asked them to look into why I could not open tickets via e-mail. Absolutely no response. At the end of December they sent an e-mail asking me how likely I was to recommend OnPay. On a scale of 0 to 10, I gave them 0. The prompted to me as to why. My response was that they never respond to my support requests. At the end of the form they stated someone would investigate and get in touch with me shortly. A few moments later I received a blank/empty support ticket. I thought "finally, we'll get this fixed." A week passed.. the two... So I responded to the blank support ticket asking for an update. Nothing.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Mostly cost. I didn't trial Gusto because of the cost. Wagepoint's on-boarding process was beyond ridiculous. After three weeks of jumping through hoop after hoop and tried OnPay and was up and running in an hour. Cost was also a factor after I did the math based on bi-weekly payroll.

Response from OnPay

Replied February 2021

Hi Lowell. We're sorry you haven't gotten the support you need from us. Someone from our team will be reaching out shortly to make sure all your questions are answered. If you need help sooner, we're always here during business hours: 877-328-6505.

Silvia from JadeConcept Design

Industry: Computer Networking

Super easy and extremely well priced payroll system for everyone

I've searched for the right payroll solution for a long time, and OnPay is unmatched. We used to use Quickbooks when we still employed a bookkeeper, and I moved on because it was both ridiculously overpriced and way too complicated. With OnPay, I can focus on my job (web design), and not worry about the payroll. Plus, as a web designer myself, I really enjoy the fantastic user interface.

Pros

It keeps track of everything I need to run the payroll for my small company. From paycheck calculations, reports, taxes and tax filing to entering new employees and keeping track of vacation time, it's an extremely easy to use system. I'm terrible at paperwork, and OnPay makes it possible to handle this, even for me. It even reminds me to run paychecks on time, and keeps track of holidays. Pricing is also very good.

Cons

Sorry, can't think of anything, it's perfect.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Quickbooks is extremely expensive, ridiculously complicated, and completely uninterested in providing support, even when their critical services are down.

Joan from PAH, LLC

Time-saver!

Doing payroll now takes minutes instead of hours! The program pays for itself, not only in time saved, but due to less expense from the accounting firm.

Pros

All I have to do is enter the hours, overtime, and any bonuses- - -all the calculations are done automatically. It is a relief not to have to calculate the withholdings, write the checks, figure out how much to pay the state and federal government, then pay it. As our staff grew, I didn't have time to spend on payroll, then had to pay my accountant to double-check everything. OnPay takes care of everything! I am not very computer-savvy, so it was nice to be able to get assistance from their friendly service people. Now I can figure out most things on my own!

Cons

Sometimes new employees miss the part about setting up direct payment into their accounts. It must not be obvious, because about 1 out of 3 will miss it. Getting set up was fairly easy. They took the information from my old system (which was mostly "by hand" and converted it easily. When I didn't understand something, their customer service was able to talk me through it.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

OnPay seemed more user-friendly and actually cost less as well.

Irene from Treadlight Farm

Industry: Farming

OnPay is great for my small business

Pros

OnPay is great for my small business. It was very easy to get set-up and transferred from my previous payroll company. The interface is easy to use on a weekly basis, and if I ever have a question or an issue I need to resolve, customer service is responsive, thorough, and helpful. It's very easy to get a person on the other end, either on the phone or through email.

Cons

For right now, I don't have any substantial issues with OnPay.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Cost of software and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Quickbooks did not support Form 943 employees, and I also found customer service frustrating.

Willena from Sigma College University Trade schools

Easy, Convenient and Affordable

Pros

The system is super easy to use. Not only for admin but for the employees as well. Set up was easy as well. If We have any questions customer service is easily available.

Cons

have been using it for 3 months and have not found any issue with system so far

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

The simplicity of the System and the fact that we could do it all ourselves and manage it ourselves.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

time consuming and expensive.

Arthur from Work of Art Landscape Inc.

ONPAY IS COMMITTED IN PROVIDING EXCELLENT PAYROLL SERVICE

They Always had an answer to my concerns as well as assisted us to get to the accomplishment of a task

Pros

There is assistance around every corner to help you navigate through difficulties in using OnPay

Cons

Waiting on the phone at very seldom times while calling for assistance

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Gut Feeling after doing my homework

Hahaha TOTALLY HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, & WAY TO HIGH PRICING

Mohamed from F45 Training Central Burbank

Perfect Application for Easy to Use Payroll

Pros

Very easy to use payroll software, without a lot of bells and whistles. This keeps the price down, and is perfect for less than 10 employees.

Cons

No time tracking capability, and does not integrate with our current time tracking solution.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

More affordable, and did not require a ton of features at the time.

Mike from Claremont Family Dentistry

Great Payroll Software

I have really enjoyed using this software. It is our companies third payroll software vendor and as long as they continue to operate the way they do it will be our last.

Pros

The fact that you can modify employee information, add/subtract new employees, and make changes all while right in the middle of running a payroll. It is also very valuable that they allow you to run as many payroll instances as you need. For instance if you have an employee that forgot to add to their time sheet you can go back and generate another payroll for that one employee with no additional charges.

Cons

Some of the elements of the software are not intuitive and it is very difficult at times to deal with tax related issues through the software. Customer service is usually really helpful and most questions can be answered through chat.

Simplicity, cost, functionality

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Frustrated with cost, lack of flexibility in how the software can be used, poor customer service, and continually introducing new price increases.

Kenton from Senseeker Engineering Inc.

Industry: Semiconductors

Easy to use and great value

We have had a good experience with OnPay. There are very few issues or errors and, when there are issues, the OnPay team has solved them in an expedient manner. Over the years we have realized significant cost savings due to the ease of use of OnPay. General business or managerial staff can easily run the system instead of paying a service or hiring a payroll professional to manage payroll for larger groups.

Pros

OnPay is easy to use with an intuitive interface. It was a good product for a small company of just a couple people and it has continued to work for us as we approach 20 people. It is also reasonably priced and does not overwhelm users and administrators with too much complexity.

Cons

The thing we like least about OnPay is the way paid time off (PTO) accrual growth is calculated. We grow PTO accrual every year of employment up to 20 years and that requires employees to be moved into new PTO growth categories every three years. We could just choose to do our PTO differently, but we wish OnPay had the PTO growth flexibility to accommodate our preferred methods.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

We were very small and ADP was too difficult for our staff to handle at the time. We also did not want to pay for the payroll service at the time due to the cost.

Amy from MOSTe MOTIVATING OUR STUDENTS THROUGH EXPERIENCE

Full function, clear UX, low cost

Overall, it's been very positive. They have what our organization needs at a good price, and are easy to use.

Pros

I chose OnPay because they offered an easy-to-use QSEHRA designation, which our previous provider SurePayroll did not. I am tremendously pleased with OnPay. The page layouts are clear, reasonably intuitive and very easy to set up, and they keep introducing smart upgrades which make tools even easier to find. They also have excellent customer service, by chat, phone, or email.

Cons

It could be clearer to set up PTO/vacation/sick policies. I also don't know why I can't delete double notifications when employees get paid.

Price and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

SurePayroll did not have an ability to designate and track QSEHRA payments, and had absolutely maddening customer service.

Miriam from Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center

Great (probably the best) online payroll service

I really love this online payroll service. After a lot of research of a variety of payroll options, we moved from Paychex to OnPay a couple of years ago and it was absolutely the right move. I can't speak for large companies, but for small and medium sized companies I do believe this is the best, most reliable and most economical service available.

Pros

I run a small business and onpay is perfect for processing our payroll. Some of the features we love: 1) Easy to use interface 2) Employees enter all their own bank information, withholdings, etc. 2) Employees can log in to download their own tax forms, details of previous pay runs, etc. (I don't need to print or distribute these forms or information.) 3) Onpay takes care of all the appropriate taxes, etc. 4) Although I am on a biweekly pay cycle, I can run a payroll whenever I want. (For instance, I can make a separate holiday bonus run) 5) I can easily switch between paper checks or direct deposit if needed 6) It's easy to adjust an employees pay or add other categories of payment 7) Great customer support. Whenever I have had a question or needed assistance, I have had the answer pleasantly and quickly 8) It's a great value and you get what is promised. I don't get any emails asking me to purchase other services or upgrade or other things that I don't need. 9) The transition from our previous payroll service to Onpay was easy and seamless.

Cons

When I am out of the country, I have a hard time running payroll. I know this has to do with internet security, but I wish there was a straight-forward way to accommodate this issue.

David from North American Financial

OnPay Review

This is a great service. It has helped reduce our payroll costs by a ton, and is way easier to use than other systems. The reporting is great too. I love this service. i wouldn't use anything else.

Pros

Very easy to use and I love that it is NOT Expensive.

Cons

Voiding Checks/Direct Deposits is a pain. Also, I wish each employee had a default that it would change back to for each payroll run. For example, I might pay someone a bonus one week, I don't need that bonus to be paid next week, however it shows up again and I have to remember to remove it. Same with any deductions, so If I need to deduct and advance one week, I don't need it to be deducted again. Anyway, does that make sense? I also wish I could make 2 or 3 checks for one person on the same payroll run, instead of doing multiple payroll runs. I feel a few changes in these areas would make it so much better than it already is.

Cost

Cost

Craig from Integrity Bookkeeping Services

Wish all software was this easy

Onpay has streamlined the payroll process for me. I run my clients payroll in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

The ease of setup, integration, and running payroll. They have simplified the process. Also the price is a fraction of other payroll companies.

Cons

There are a few features i would like to see added, such as automatic payroll.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Paychex is very difficult to integrate with QBO and cost considerably more.

Price and service.

Suzan from Pediatric Physical Therapy & Services

Great Product, Great Support!

Direct Deposit for our employees is fantastic (I do not give anyone options, ever), the reporting and paying of the taxes is huge. And if I mess up, OnPay is there for me!

Pros

The interface is simple, and the updates that occur have never caused any problems, but have added functionality that was missing in the very beginning (for example, scheduling a pay rate change). I also like the ability to import into QuickBooks. I like that On Pay pays the taxes for us! Prior to moving to OnPay, I was constantly getting adjustments on on payroll taxes from the state of the feds - that never happens anymore. Support staff is amazing. The reports are good and getting better.

Cons

The reports are getting better - and recently new options have been added, so that is great. I

Options, price, support.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Direct deposit, handling of tax payments and reporting of same.

DAVID from Latitude Bookkeeping Services

Great software and support!

My overall experience with Onpay has been wonderful. I sought a payroll software with flexible options for integrating with QBO, and by far, Onpay has the best integration options. It does take some figuring out at first, but it's mostly intuitive, which I like, and if I ever had an issue, Onpay support has been quick to respond and comes through every single time.

Pros

Cons

Really just a few little things... not being able to get invoices on my own through the accountant dashboard, and how sending an invitation to an employee requires me to tell them they can't do this on mobile, only on a browser.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Affordable pricing, but mostly for the integration with QBO. I wanted the flexibility to handle just about any payroll situation that came at us. We also wanted to partner with a payroll company we know and trust, and Onpay has proven to be that company for us.

Raquel from Pioneer Health and Missions

Industry: Printing

Payroll Is Now A Breeze

OnPay has made doing payroll enjoyable. They are quick to answer questions or concerns. They do the filings for multiple states for the same price. They will even do the year end reports like W-2s and W-3s. The ease of use is exceptional.

Pros

What I like the most is the employee portal option, as well as the ease of pulling payroll tax reports. It's very easy to make changes as needed to employees profiles.

Cons

What I like least is the function to pay Paid time off, or any other benefit, it's not as intuitive to use it. It took me a little while to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

OnPay provided services for all 50 states, they did all the filings at a flat rate, and their prices were unbeatable!

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

The accountant doing our payroll was not very good at keeping up the different reports for the states. It was a practical decision to bring payroll in-house in order to make the changes we needed to make effectively.

You should be using this payroll service!

I have an employee with two local city withholdings and a school district withholding that I thought I was going to have to manually withhold for---turns out that a few minutes with online chat support is all it took to get Onpay to handle it.

Pros

Easy to Use Great Support Inexpensive Handles multiple local withholdings easily Saves me a lot of time dealing with multiple tax filings

Cons

I didn't like that there might be multiple w-2 forms for one person in some cases, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to just add them together for tax prep.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Ease of use and low cost.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Paychex was more expensive and I had to deal with some tax filings that Onpay takes care of for me.

Tiffany from Shactee Engineering

Industry: Utilities

Great Payroll Company

OnPay has been so helpful throughout the time that we've been a customer. They've gone above and beyond to support us when we make a mistake and need instant support. The software is easy to use and very intuitive. We appreciate the partnership and look forward to growing together.

Pros

OnPay is so easy to use, easy to learn, and easy to implement. it makes quick work of payroll.

Cons

I would love to see them add an option to upload an excel payroll file instead of hand entry.

Primarily cost

Danielle from SquareTail Advisors, LLC

Easy to Implement and Train

The customer service is amazing when you have an issue.

Pros

We recommend this software to our clients because of the ease of use, and inexpensive cost. The QBO integration saves hours of manual data entry.

Cons

The PTO accruals were not really straight forward

Ease of use and cost

Alisha from Hometown Veterinary Care

Recommended

My overall experience is good. The cost and customer support team make it a no brainer.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ease ofnavigation. Being able toggle between areas is helpful to verifying information. But I feel that this companies best feature is their customer support department. Every time I have had to call, their representatives are always polite and can fix any of my problems.

Cons

I sometimes have issues with the pair time off or vacation algorithms. This is the feature that as given me more phone time w/ customer support.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

At the time of purchase, the cost was the overall consideration.

Heather from Underground Paint Shop LLC

Very Easy to Use and Very Reliable

Every time I have had to call OnPay I have had a great experience.

Pros

I love using this payroll software. The price is very reasonable, running weekly payroll is simple. Finding reports that I need is super easy.

Cons

Sometimes the employee profiles are difficult to navigate in order to look up or update info. It's not something that is prohibitive to the use overall though.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

I chose OnPay over others because of cost and in dealing with their customer service while onboarding made it a very easy decision.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

I had a terrible customer experience at Paychex and they were very overpriced.

Steve from Mic's Pub, Latonia KY

Industry: Restaurants

Simple Payroll

When I was starting up on OnPay, I had a couple of questions. I used their customer service and received instant help. They've been very easy to work with.

Pros

This software is one of the easiest to setup and use. All taxes are handled for me. W-2's are created and mailed. Simple, simple simple. The best part about OnPay is that I don't need to do any paperwork. I just enter the hours and print the checks.

Cons

The only con I have is in setting up a new employee. It forces me to use the federal minimum wage if the person is an hourly employee. Because our employees receive tips, we pay less than the minimum wage. That forces me to create another payment option and to make sure I don't accidentally use the default.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Price and easy of setup and use.

Cheryl from ChaiOne

OnPay / ChaiOne

We can process our payroll whenever it is convenient for us and having OnPay process the taxes for us is truly time saving for our small team. Every time we have a question, we utilize the Chat option and have received efficient customer service. If an issue requires additional research on their side, we receive answers very promptly. We are a very satisfied client.

Pros

The ease of use, cost, and customer service are what continue to be the greatest assets for our business in using OnPay.

Cons

Everything about our experience have been positive. No negatives from us.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

We came running back to OnPay due to the ease of use, cost, and customer service. Payroll is a very easy process utilizing OnPay.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

We were an OnPay client and our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] thought he would help us by switching to a PEO. This proved to be very expensive and no time was saved since we were responsible for processing the payroll and reviewing. Also we needed to make edits to the payroll, we had to go through several emails or phone calls to make that happen.

Marc from Wellspring

OnPay payroll software

We are pretty basic as to what we use OnPay for. Mostly running payroll for salaried and hourly employees, tax reporting, and using OnPays standard reports. OnPay does all those things very well and easily. But we don't use it for much additional tracking, but from my use of it OnPay does those basic things very well and is easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about OnPay is that it is very full featured regarding Internal reports, Tax reporting and affordability. I like that it is priced by how many employees each month and not the number of runs or transactions. I can make extra payroll runs employee reimbursements during the month without any extra charges. It is quite easy to use and covers most of our needs. Customer support is great and very responsive. The standard reports meet our needs well and have quite a few "filtering" features to customize them.

Cons

There is not much to dislike, really. Maybe adding and employee can be a laid out a little differently. At times it seems a little confusing. Tax reporting for Michigan and Detroit there are some odd or quirky requirements for workers comp, minimum wage, which we do work-arounds, but this handles it.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Affordability and pricing, comprehensive standard reports, ease of use.

Gina from Self-Employed

Industry: Veterinary

Great Payroll Company

Overall OnPay is great. This is my first Payroll experience so I don’t have a comparison but they have made the experience very positive. I have had them log in to my computer and walk me through every step. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing I hesitate to tell you all for fear she will get too busy helping the rest of you hahaha

Pros

The layout is user friendly. I am a first time business owner so doing payroll was new and OnPay was easy. They are affordable, same great service for much less than other companies. Customer service is outstanding !! They have been terrific at walking me through the process and resolving any issues I’ve ever had.

Cons

I’m not a very active company as far as payroll and it would be nice if there was a lower cost option for when you aren’t submitting payroll but still need monthly tax forms filed. They have a suspended rate Which does this but was a bit high.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

The other companies were very expensive.

Peter from IB Services Inc

OnPay satisfaction

The big problem solved over the previous provider experience is the quality of customer service. Instead of being handed from 'specialist' to 'specialist', and putting up with constant confusion, mis communication and errors, OnPay are just on it. When you talk or communicate with OnPay you communicate with a real person who knows their business, what your business needs, their software, and who won't stop working with you personally until you are completely happy.

Pros

Visually intuitive platform that takes what is a central admin process from functional to pleasurable. OnPay offers simple, clear, visually attractive navigation for both the admins and the employees. Multiple reports options with the same visual simplicity and clarity, all easily sharable and usable. By comparison to the alternative payroll software we used prior, OnPay feels like its been designed by users, and not by accounting mechanics.

Cons

The OnPay software just works, if there are problems, or least likes, can't think of anything significant.

James from Docity Health

Great Product, Responsive Service

As a small company, OnPay was very easy to set up and reliably delivers for us for onboarding, payroll, etc. They've always been extremely supportive and responsive, and they stepped up their game during COVID by making all of the PPP reporting and application materials available on the front screen.

Pros

OnPay makes it very easy to onboard and serve our staff. The reporting functions are well put together, and provided us with everything we need for banking, finance, etc.

The UI was superior.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

They were just too expensive, and not helpful with what we needed to do.

Donald from DLJTAX LLC

OnPay software worked well for microbusinesses with little knowledge about payroll and payroll taxes

I no longer provide payroll services or payroll tax preparation services to my clients. In an environment where payroll tax requirements are rapidly changing, such as the new W-4 form, it is helpful for me to offload client payroll processing to a cloud-based payroll service provider. Yet, I can still occasionally check in to help clients if there are any concerns.

Pros

The software was very easy to use. I'm a CPA who converted my clients who process payroll to this software. The change went well. I received good support when I needed it. My clients, some of whom have very limited knowledge about processing payroll and payroll taxes, made the change and are doing well. Where support was required the OnPay staff worked with my clients, or with me to accomplish the goal.

Cons

This change-over was done in December to be effective with the new year. Sometimes there was some difficulty processing the first weekly payroll which overlapped both years, but was paid in the new year. Ultimately OnPay support helped us work through the issues.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

The price was less and the product appeared easier to use which was very important to my clients who only had 1 or 2 employees.

Horton from Kristin Miller Obstetrics & Gynecology, PLC

Great Value in my opinion.

OnPay is a great company to work with. Representatives reached out to me very early on to help me with any questions that I had and even to offer to do as much of the onboarding process as I would like for them to do. They have continued to reach out to ensure that everything is going as planned and to make sure any new questions I might have are answered and addressed.

Pros

This is incredibly easy to set up and manage. The team at OnPay will even do as much of the work as you would like onboarding at no additional cost to you.

Cons

The only things that I have run across so far is that it would be quite nice to be able to see an employees length of time with the company in their profile. Their hire date is there so it should be easy to calculate and display alongside that hire date. The second thing I would like to see improved is the creation of time off calculations. That section was a little confusing during set up and still does not seem to be working perfectly yet for us.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

We did consider 3 alternatives. Two were pretty competitively priced and one was about double the cost of OnPay. I really liked the simplicity of the OnPay interface and also it's ability to connect to our time management service. A pleasant after the fact benefit has been the sincere interest the OnPay team has expressed to us, wanting to make sure all is set and functioning as we want and expect.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

The company we switched from was 4 time as expensive and offered really no additional benefits. For a company our size that was a significant savings in payroll expense.

LIZ from MAPLE FLOWER FARM

Industry: Farming

Great Payroll Done with the Least Amount of Problems

I have worked with accounting firms in the past. They are expensive and required more 'hands - on' than was convenient. Hiring an accounting firm was always more expensive. On Pay is a brilliant setup that is as easy-as-pie. However, if I need any questions answered they are immediate with response and help.

Pros

Using the On Pay interface was very easy and logical. It took me no time to pay my employees. The format is easy to navigate and the setup is quite user friendly. I like that I need not fuss with taxes and other payroll distributions. It is all done right here. My employees get direct deposit and end of year tax documentation. I get a running narrative of where I stand at anytime I wish, as pertains to payroll.

Cons

I have yet to find fault with On Pay. Any questions or help was very quickly offered. Being in agriculture has its own areas of tax and qualifications, and On Pay was ready to go with what I needed.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

I researched what was available online - On Pay was my 1st and only choice. I am grateful for this brilliant company. My payroll is now a breezy thing to deal with.

Will from The Wizard of Paws Pet Salon

I haven't used any other payroll software, but that's because OnPay has proven to be excellent.

OnPay does everything I need from a payroll perspective, from onboarding through WA State L&I taxes & federal payroll taxes. It makes being a business owner so much simpler than some of the payroll horror stories I've heard.

Pros

It's web-based, so I can access it from anywhere. This is a big benefit as I'm not always at the shop when I need to add an employee or check out if someone has PTO or something to that effect. The price is fantastic and the support has been superb. I've had to open a couple of support tickets due to issues I had early on with not understanding how to do payroll (brand new business owner) and they've been phenomenal. Very fast support response and they're always helpful.

Cons

It's likely not so much a con against OnPay as it is against payroll in general, but the process was a little confusing at first. Figuring out which payroll items to use for things like QSEHRA wasn't immediately obvious, but looking through the Knowledge Base or asking their support team I was eventually able to figure it out. This did mean I needed to make some retroactive corrections which OnPay was able to handle for me.

JONATHAN from Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Very Pleased with OnPay

All good. I would (and have) recommend OnPay.

Pros

OnPay seems to be a great payroll provider for me and my business. I am a small shop (solo attorney), so cost is a concern as well as accuracy and reliability in my payroll and tax filings. OnPay has not disappointed me. Their customer service team has been able to deal promptly with the few issues that have arisen and has adapted to my local taxing bureau. Their service reps have been available for prompt responses to my inquiries no matter how small. Bringing on new employees is pretty seamless as is generating year-end or quarterly reports as needed.

Cons

I don't like the auto-reply that says they've received my email and they'll reply. Kind of annoying. Also, the two day float for ACH debits is a bit of a lag, but I understand why they must do it.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Pricing; small size feel of the company.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Big company, charged more.

CORISSA from Springside Bookkeeping LLC

More bang for your buck

Pros

Easy to set up and transfer employee and company info from previous payroll service providers. I like that the tax filing service is already included in the cost. I'm paying $680 a year for Intuit payroll and I have to file all the taxes for my clients. OnPay is roughly $480 a year and everything is done for you and you get much better customer service. I am telling all my new and existing clients about OnPay!

Cons

The biggest downfall so far is linking payroll to intuit QuickBooks for the payroll data entry. I also dislike their emailing strings; there are several people engaging in your email string and it gets a little confusing and is easy to overlook an email. Lastly, OnPay should offer a referrals program!!

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Save money and better service

Jasha from Cultreri - Geophysics

This software does exactly what I need - Pay folks, keep track of the taxes.

I don't have to learn and keep up with tax laws. I don't have to pay Kelly Services to keep up with payroll for a single part time employee. It's super easy to use and my employee gets notice that payroll has been processed as soon as I submit it. We use direct deposit and employee loves that. The software saves me time and money and gets the job done right with almost no effort on my part.

Pros

I run a small business with one part-time employee. Onpay is easy to use for weekly pay. They pay my employee, allowing her to split between checking and savings. They make the deductions required by law and do the filings. In essence, they do everything except enter the time my employee worked each week. It's very, very easy to use. Useful reports are available when they are needed. I've not used customer support, that's why I rated it 3 stars.

Cons

The initial set up took a little effort, and I remembering it being not real clear. I have not had any other problems.

Chayala from Chayala friedman wigs

Best software to run payroll on your own

I love the customer service they onpay offers.

Pros

Payroll is usually a very complicated thing to take care of on your own. Since I’ve started using onpay, I can be on top of my own payroll with ease and simplicity. Onpay is always there to help me if I ever need.

Cons

None as of now. I’m really happy with the functions and the esthetic the system.

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

It was so complicated and hard to use

Sylvie from Seniors Helping Seniors - Chicago Metro North

Industry: Individual & Family Services

A must for any size business when starting your Payroll or HR department

I have had many interactions with Onpay employees. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. It is a company that is reachable when you are working on payroll. If you are afraid of making a mistake they are here to assist.

Pros

It was very easy to set up as a first time small business owner. It only took few hours to do the initial set up but I was able to have direct deposit done for my first employee on the payroll day. Now Onpay offers more HR features than it did 5 years ago. My recommendation to a new business owner, is to take advantage of that function or feature at the beginning of the set up and allow a little more time to get it done correctly.

Cons

When they are changes, features are moved around and it is hard to find them but with Chat, it is easy to get someone to help you right away. I do not see any negatives apart from that.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

The ease of use and cost to run.

alicia from Murphy Crane Service Inc

Industry: Machinery

Worth it!!!

Overall experience with OnPay has been wonderful. We have been with OnPay for about one year now. The ease of knowing that the deductions, withdrawals, taxes etc does not have to be done by myself, is fabulous! Customer service is on point! OnPays chat team replies in seconds. Very informative. They lead you to the right directions. Being a small business, The price is very reasonable for All they have to offer. I’ll be keeping them for a long time. And I highly recommend OnPay.

Pros

Very easy to put hours in and submit payroll. Love that the taxes are withdrawn and done for you. Love customer service.

Cons

The only thing I think was a bit of getting used to were trying to navigate to find the right tax papers etc. But with help you do get used to it. Also, there was a problem with payroll being processed twice within two minutes from each other. There should have been a pop up stating you already processed a payroll. Do you want this one also ?

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Just that it was for small businesses and we didn’t need much more than that. The price was reasonable. Very attentive.

Going down hill fast

They used to be good. I have been them for 3-4 years Customer service knew what they are doing, there were not glitches, basically hassle free payroll. Starting September or October, we started having issues here and there. First features would get added ( and we start using them ) and then disappear. Taxes are not being filed on time or at all ( I have called them, talked to them on the phone about this multiple times ) . Integrations appear and disappear and i have to keep syncing things. Have to map quickbook chart of accounts again for every payroll item. It's been a NIGHTMARE. It's literally a nightmare. I am looking at other companies and now willing to pay more. The function to upload payroll data comes and disappears right before the payroll and then it takes one day to add it and then again it disappears We have a collection notice from our state because of these guys. Every time, i message them / email them, either they don't respond or when i talk to them on the phone they act like i am a dumb. They are terrible.

Pros

Cheaper price than many but I would rather pay more for a job to get done well.

Cons

on collection notice from state dep of rev because of them Non responsive Customer service ( someone will talk to you but don't get things done ) Customer service not knowledgeable ( gave me wrong information several times ) Glitch y integrations with other platforms ( you can only use WhenIWork ) Glitch y software in general Features appearing and disappearing

Response from OnPay

Replied January 2020

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a better experience. Though tax mistakes are uncommon, when a tax notice does happen our Customer Experience team is here to help resolve everything. We'd be happy to look into the issues you mention and make sure everything runs smoothly. We have also expanded our integration offerings, which may be of interest. If you message us your company name or email, we'll reach out to help!

Bruce from Accra Manufacturing

It works as long as it works. If theres a compilation go ahead and cancel the account.

Pros

Dashboard right online where I can customize all my payroll calculations. I can handle everything from the my laptop.

Cons

You get what you pay for. Onpay is an inexpensive solution to payroll needs for a small business. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a good accountant to take on a small account. It was perfect as far as scale goes and its a really brilliant concept. The trouble came when my state Department of Revenue blocked Onpay from fileing my payroll taxes. There did seem to be a legitimate issue and I am convinced that the guys and gals at Onpay were taking the correct steps to file my taxes but "shockingly" there seemed to be some incompetence on part of my state government. So why am I disappointed in Onpay? When they were unable to make the filing on my behalf they informed me of the difficulty and asked me to verify the information I provided. I was back and forth with the State and Onpay multiple times. Reassured the information was correct... Informed it still didn't work... this cycle played out two or three times. This is the point at which I feel Onpay failed me as a customer. Instead of reaching out and assigning A resolution specialist to run this thing to ground, they let me out to dry. because I messed around trying to get Onpay to help me resolve the issue I am now incurring penalties and am faced with paying a tax profesionals consulting fee to work the tangles out of my tax filings. My advice, go local where you can sit down with the pro and let he or she shepherd you through the maze.

Roy from finance

Industry: Building Materials

Affordable payroll tool, that does everything we need, and makes sure nothing is filed late!

Saves us time and money to do payroll weekly. Ensures nothing is missed for tax filings. Customer service is outstanding!

Pros

How easy it is to run payroll. It takes less time to run payroll each week. I dont have to worry about tax payment timing, and filing.

Cons

There has not been any negatives that we have experienced yet.

Cost, and time savings

Robert from Sensory Stepping Stones, LLC

Worth the Money

Have been using for 6+ years and not looking to change. They are constantly updating features.

Pros

This is the easiest system to use. The features are helpful and straight forward. They are always available to help with any problems or questions

Cons

Understanding the new Dashboard was a little difficult at first

Cost and too cumbersome

Shannyn from Hyland Advisors, LLC

OnPay Review

OnPay is fantastic. I can't imagine you will be disappointed with their outstanding service.

Pros

I have been using OnPay for my company's payroll needs since November 2016 and it is fantastic. It is one stop shopping for all of my payroll needs from the overall functionality of the system to the payroll and tax reports the system prepares (and files) on my behalf. But my most favorite feature of this system is their chat functionality. When I am running payroll or have questions, they are always available to me and help me with my questions and issues. They walk me through every step and sometimes even suggest a phone call to help me with my issues. I've never been left w any issue outstanding. It is fantastic.

Cons

My accountant doesn't love the way the data exports out of the OnPay system into my Quickbooks company file.

Michael from LuMind IDSC Foundation

Great Value: Good user interface, easy to set-up, easy to run payrolls, very good support

Very good. I've implemented now for 2 organizations

Pros

Good user interface easy to set-up easy to run payroll very good support Quickbooks integration

Cons

A few of the minor category/code fields are not as easy to set-up A fully user-defined reporting interface would be great (specific fields/payroll items, options on how to subtotal, date range, export capability)

Great Value, good software interface

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

Expensive, poor implementation, mistakes made

Wesley from Kelly Wes, LLC

Great UI, Easy to reach Customer Service, Dependable

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. I simply plug in the payroll hours and after a few steps I'm done. I don't have to worry about figuring out taxes, unemployment, etc. It also takes of my W2's at the end of the year. When I need help, I can chat via messenger or email them and I get a response in a day or so. Its also the cheapest I have found. Everyone I worked with has always been really nice. I have saved a lot of time.

Cons

More reports using charts instead of just numbers. Being able to compare previous years to see how your doing in comparison. Its very possible that this is already implemented and I just have not figured it out. It would be nice to have a Clock in - and Clock out program attached to this so that I do not have to do it on a separate program.

Kevin from Stillwater Building & Renovation, LLC

Everything you need it to be an more

OnPay has worked seamlessly for us. I would highly recommend.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use for a small business. If you need help, support is great to deal with.

Connie from J & C Glass Works

Saves a lot of time and stress

There was some initial confusion with the Fed and State agencies over authorization to file reports, but it was cleared up quickly. All of the tax payments have been accurate and prompt, relieving a lot of stress for our small business. The sales rep and customer service people have been very helpful (rarely need customer service).

Pros

Relatively easy to implement, add and remove employees and run reports. Accurate reporting and payment of payroll taxes - very important!

Cons

I would like to have the ability to back date the payroll checks. We are on Pacific time, and occasionally we are not able to initiate the payroll until after 9pm, forcing the check date to the following day rather than the actual last date of the pay cycle - not important to everyone, but would be neater for our files.

Patricia from Duval Realty, Inc.

This will save you a lot of time and money!

Over the past 9 months that I have used OnPay I have only had positive experiences and I would highly recommend that you check them out and see how much money they can save you too!

Pros

We have had numerous times when we have had a question or we do not where to find something within their system and we can immediately, via their live chat, ask a question and get immediate help. OnPay is very easy to set up and to use. If you have a question or a problem they will walk you thru the process of what you need to do by giving you clear step by step directions. On Pay has saved our company money in bookkeeping time for not only the writing of payroll checks to the employees, but the tracking of vacation and sick leave and all of the different tax entities that must be paid each month, quarter or annually.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I can say I dislike about the program. If I would change anything it might be to increase the number of companies that they can integrate the time sheets from or maybe create their own.