• Pros

• "I love Wdesk and the binder module. Customer service is fantastic."

• "Ease of use, no more pencils down, great customer service."

• "Very easy to use. Produces quality documents. Excellent customer service."

• Cons

• "Its expensive. I would love for every department in my company to start using it but they always hesitate because of the excessive cost. I think trial periods would be very beneficial."

• "In my IT staff season, I could notice a total liking of the users so I do not generate any contra to choose this software, you can use it in your company without any inconvenience."

• "Sometimes refreshing data when updating is slow."

Browse Wdesk Reviews

Juho from EBSCO Information Services

Industry: Information Services

Wdesk – an innovative app for progressive reporting

This program is really transparent, so it is easy to make an audit. You can check each change. I recommend using Wdesk as you have access to real-time reports any time you need. You can try a free version of the app to make sure it suits your company’s needs.

Pros

I like that I need only to push one button to update all the reports. It makes me sure that all the information is fresh and relevant. What is more, you can customize the view of Wdesk for better collaboration of your team. Moreover, I like that I can limit the visibility of some information for specific users. So am sure that confidential information will be available only for those people who have permission to see it.

Cons

I dislike that Wdesk proposes a little number of creative options. If you want to impress your team with a great design of graphics or tables, be ready that you will not be able to do this. There are basic designs, which are not bad, but still, they are not very creative. Also there are some limits in Excel formulas. From time to time the updates of reports are too slow. The last thing I do not like is that document editing is quite hard and takes too much time.

I have used this software for SEC reporting for seven years and highly recommend it.

Pros

What I like the most about wDesk is that it is user friendly and makes SEC reporting a breeze, without having to deal with EDGARizing. Creating a document is as easy as using a Microsoft Word, if not easier. I have started to use wDesk for regular Word processing and not just SEC reporting. The table creation and data linking is also very easy to use. Their Help section has very easy and clear instructions on how to do everything and if you need additional help, their Customer Service is always answered by an actual person in the States without any wait time.

Cons

Around due dates for Form 10-Q and 10-K filings, the website does run a little slow. This is not a big issue, but I always try do my filings earlier in the case that there are any website issuers. For example, if possible, instead of filing a Form 10-Q at 4:25p, I will begin filing at 4:10p just in case. Usually the delay is not longer than a few seconds, or a minute or two tops, but with the increase in usage of wDesk you want to make sure that your filing is processed and accepted by the SEC on time.

Robert from Carousel Financial

Save Your Money

Horrific

Pros

Nothing. It makes obtaining reasonable assurance more difficult than it needs to be.

Cons

This software is terribly painful to use as it is not intuitive. Testing of controls is extremely cumbersome as WDesk and Microsoft Office programs are not compatible. For example, the print area of an Excel file must be made before uploading into WDesk. If this is not done, a 5 tab Excel file will become a 40 page file in WDesk. Also, you cannot see the formulas in Excel in WDesk. It is very difficult to obtain any kind of assurance if you cannot check the accuracy of the supporting documentation you are being provided by the business. I would highly suggest that Workiva contract with a public accounting firm to get an idea of what is required in order to be compliant Sarbanes-Oxley, how external and internal auditors perform their test of controls, review workpapers and so-forth. Another issue is the lack of a drag-and-drop feature. In order to put the supporting documentation to the appropriate control, documents must be added one at a time. The business cannot perform a mass upload and then drag and drop the supporting documentation to the applicable sample request. This wastes a massive amount of time for the tester and the business. At my previous position, the internal auditors and the business used SharePoint for providing documentation and for testing, and it worked perfectly. I do not have experience with Blackline, but my colleagues say it is a much better program than WDesk.

Kathy from Orrstown Financial Services, Inc.

Wdesk user review

I have used Wdesk for almost 3 years and love the product and the customer service. The old process my company used was a Word document with Excel tables that was very cumbersome to turn over each quarter. Additionally, it was very difficult to maintain data integrity when one number was used in multiple locations. With Wdesk, flipping a document is a simple process. I update the date page information, and every date in our document is updated. The linking feature in Wdesk has eliminated our concerns about data integrity when one number is used in multiple locations, and when a table is used in both the footnote and in the MD&A sections. The customer service has been incredible since the first meeting with them. During the initial set-up process they were always available to help both over the phone and using a Webex meeting. At this point, I dont have many questions, but my customer service manager contacts me every quarter to see how things are going and she completes an Edgar review of every 10-Q and 10-K before I file! The professional services manager that handles our XBRL is also very attentive. We always have a meeting at the beginning of the quarter and one towards the end. You always know that they are there to help you! Every year they have a TEC (The Exchange Community) conference. This in an incredible opportunity to learn about new products and to speak with Wdesk developers about what changes would help your company. Many of the new products and updates come from customer suggestions! They also have training classes during the conference to help you build skills required for various types SEC reporting. I attended one TEC conference and took advantage of their XBRL classes.

Pros

Very easy to use. Produces quality documents. Excellent customer service.

Joan from Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Workiva Financial Reporting SEC Filing software

We have used the Form 10-K, 10-Q, Def 14 A Proxy and Section 16 filing, Form 3 and 4 software for over a year. I want to hug it every day. It is cloud based and easy to learn as it acts and feels like Excel and Word but organizes everything in one place. I want to hug it every day.

Pros

Cloud based, easy to learn, I was able to get certified in 2016 after their Annual Conference, lots of sharing through the blogs, Easy to follow help instructions on areas you only use periodically, Customer Success Manager is awesome and responds quickly.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Cynthia from Horizon Global

Can't imagine Financial Reporting without WDesk

WDesk is the most important tool we have during reporting season. Being able to have a large group working on the same document at the same time while avoiding issues like version control, number inconsistencies, files crashing has made our lives so much easier. WDesk continues to add new features and it is great to see that a lot of them come from real customer feedback. If you have an issue, they will find a solution. Lastly, their customer service is amazing. I've had great experiences with our CSM, XBRL support and their 24-hour support.

Pros

LINKING!!! Having all my reporting documents in one place. the 24-hr support.

Cons

I wish I could add an approver to a certification after sending the letter out.

Kalynne from Carnival Corporation

Fortune 500 Companies must invest in this software for successful financial reporting!

More efficiency in work day on a daily basis. I work for a very large and complex publically traded company and we would never be able to function as successfully as we do without this software.

Pros

The ease of use and customer service. All features are very intuitive and if you run into any issues you can call the cust service anytime and a person will always help you solve your problem.

Cons

Candace from Spirit Realty Capital, Inc.

Workiva the Wonderful

After multiple years of using Workiva and working with the Workiva staff, I continue to be more and more impressed with the quality of the tool and the responsiveness of the staff.

Pros

SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy, S-4, correspondence, etc...) management reporting and any other large/complex document that needs to be prepared on a collaborative basis or will be rolled forward for future versions.

Cons

Some limitations to Excel formulas

Natalie from State Auto Insurance Companies

Wdesk is the Best!

We have had such a wonderful experience with Workiva! From ease of use to great customer service, we know that we are in the best of hands. It is such a relief knowing that reporting and filing will be a seamless and stress free process. Keep up the great work!

Pros

Ease of use, especially XBRL tagging

Cons

Not a lot of art/creative options. Difficult/annoying to work with JPEGS, etc, because there aren't a lot of editing options.

Sarah from Verisk

Industry: Information Services

Excellent reporting and compliance solution

This application is surely recommended to those who have daily tasks and also great workload to handle.

Pros

I like the interface of the product because it’s quite unique and it helps me to build task list and also too much my data into various sections according to my need. Moreover, it has some task management functionalities that help me to build task list from the required data and documentation I always prefer this application because it’s helpful and also kind of my type.

Cons

It helps number of people to work in the form of a group with the good collaboration skills. It is giving the best services and let us face anything wrong.

Nancy from Peoples Bank

Workiva Wdesk Review

Wdesk has been a very valuable tool for us in producing SEC reports from start to finish, tracking changes, comments, drafts, and ultimately ensuring input from everyone is adequately incorporated into a quality final product.

Pros

Workiva's Wdesk software was very beneficial for my team in drafting and updating quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to the SEC. The software creates an automated audit trail which allows to easy tracking of changes, and easily integrates with other software, including Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat, allowing drafts of reports to be extracted and sent to others for review.

Cons

Initially, the software was somewhat inefficient for us, because we had limited licenses due to cost and concern over unauthorized changes. After some time, training, and hiring of additional experienced staff members on our accounting team, we had the confidence to open up the software to the entire team, which greatly increased our efficiency in using the tool.

Joy from Yadkin Bank

LOVE Wdesk!!

I love Wdesk! The product and support are world class. It streamlined our financial reporting process, as well as our documentation process, when we implemented the binder module. LOVE it!

Pros

I love Wdesk and the binder module. Customer service is fantastic.

Lara from AppFolio

Great Product!

I have used Wdesk for over two years and I continue to be a happy customer! The customer support teams for SEC filings, XBRL and SOX compliance are amazing. The 24/7 customer service people are also very friendly and willing to assist with whatever is needed. I am really satisfied with Wdesk and I continue to be impressed with the functionality, ease of use and increased productivity created by this product.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to file our SEC filings when we are ready and ability to make edits up to filing is amazing.

Cons

Sometimes refreshing data when updating is slow.

Laurie from Physicians Realty Trust

Implementation is a Breeze

I've used Wdesk for nearly 6 years at two different companies. Getting started on Wdesk is a breeze and the learning curve on using it is short. Their customer service is great and fast. Their professional service team makes XBRL a seamless process. I would recommend Wdesk to anyone for SEC reporting.

Pros

Ease of use, no more pencils down, great customer service.

Cons

Challenge to bring in new documents that don't need much editing or any links, just need to be filed with something. Formatting can be cumbersome for little benefit.

Rick from XL Group

This software changed the way we do our financial reporting.

The sentiment around our company is that we hope to never have to use Microsoft Word to produce financial statements ever again.

Logan from Fandango

Excellent tool that helps me making reports

Also this product is a huge initiative for team management and collaboration on different levels as well. Highly recommended tool

Pros

I would like to add in this product are its simple user interface is so much attractive and appealing that I can easily work on that without any hesitation. I am a satisfied user of Wdesk and completely happy with its all services.

Cons

I trust this product because it’s reliable in order to make my documents secure. I have nothing for cons it is going well.

Eric from Continental Building Products, Inc.

BEST SEC software out there!!! Hands down!!!!

Better product, cost savings, increased efficiency.

Pros

The system is user friendly and the support is awesome. The Workiva team is always looking to make improvements based on actual feedback.

Cons

I have zero complaints - I actually insisted two companies that I started working for switched over to this software - which not only save time and made our product better - but it was less expensive than other company we were using.

Kristin from medical device

Managing SOX nightmare, there are better options

Pros

The linking is great for version control. The certification process is easy to use and manage the outstanding certification. The groups allow an easy way to manage permissions except in the database.

Cons

There is no workflow that enables a control/narrative to flow through for updating and review that is not manual. RCTS that I used in 2003 had better functionality to flow control from one user to another, only allowing the user that had a role in the current status to update. This is a basic of all SOX tools I have seen except WDesk. I need to report where we are in the process and I can not do that with WDesk. It is very manual and many steps are duplicated throughout the system. Once you set up a user, they should be able to be selected in the role drop down, without having to reset them up in another section. Once a group is set up, it should be able to be utilized throughout the system without having to reset it up for a certification.

Barbara from D.R. Horton, Inc.

Good Product, Good Customer Support

We started using the Workiva platform for our SEC filings five years ago and have been happy with our decision. The software is easy to understand and use. In addition to the various built-in controls (e.g. linking which ensures that values are updated everywhere they appear), we are big believers in the use of check figures and have set them up everywhere possible in our Workiva workbooks. Overall, this software provides a nice balance between handling things ourselves and having the support of experts within easy reach. This has been especially helpful with the XBRL process, which is performed primarily by us, but with help from Workiva staff when we have a particular problem. The system also allows for last-minute tagging additions/changes, which are sometimes unavoidable. The Workiva product development team is interested in and responsive to customer feedback, which continues to make their applications better and better. We are always open to looking at other solutions for our reporting needs, especially to keep costs down, but so far this is the one that continues to impress us the most.

Best SEC filing tool!

I have the step by step filing steps make filing very easy especially during SEC deadlines.

Pros

I found that that this filing software is intuitive and has all the functions you need. The most useful feature is the version tracker. It automatically creates beautiful red-lines and can can compare between any version as necessary.

Cons

Learning the software takes time and with practice it does get easier. However a learning curve does exist and it does require some training to be able to use the software as needed.

Sara from KDP

Excellent for Reporting and Auditing

Wdesk is a critical tool in reviewing, evaluating and consolidating controls as our company continues to merge to one unified company. Wdesk has simplified building an audit and provides quick and easy insight to areas we are changing that require updates. Making updates is easy.

Pros

Wdesk is easy to use, easy to update and pull reporting. You can also limit what each user has access/visibility to so confidential information doesn't have to be visible to all users.

Cons

I have not identified in my use to date.

Excellent software for the creation of financial reports.

Pros

Its interface is very familiar, it is easy to use, since it uses many functions of the Office 360 ​​family, such as Word and Excel, it is very useful for users in the finance areas, since their simple tasks from the beginning foment a certain experience in several fields, what stands out is that in a financial document can be modified by more than two users at the same time without damaging its operation and, finally, the most important thing as an IT area manager is the support provided by Customer Service of the tool.

Justin from MACOM

Industry: Semiconductors

Excellent Reporting Tool!

Wdesk is a lifesaver when it comes to SEC reporting. The software makes managing the reporting process easy to track and manage.

Pros

The ease of use and comparability to Microsoft Office features.

Cons

The binder features and how they are missing valuable functionality.

Connie from EdR

Wdesk review

Overall, I am satisfied with Wdesk functionality, it is user friendly, the link is awesome, and great customer service. Someone is always there to help whenever we need immediate assistance.

Pros

User friendly, link functionality is awesome, can work anywhere due to its accessibility and great customer service.

Cons

It tends to be slow (for example, saving an edit or just trying to switch to another section) as we get closer to the filing deadline.

Emily from Xenia Hotels & Resorts, Inc.

Wdesk- Business Solution for Your Needs

I've had great experiences with Workiva/Wdesk. They are always releasing new features to enhance the usability and are very open to receiving feedback. My customer service representative is extremely knowledgeable about the tool, best practices, and my company so that I get the best solution every time. The hotline is open 24 hours a day so even during crunch time, I know I can get assistance. The tool helps with SEC, regulatory, and internal reporting, as well as audit, presentations, data collection, you name it. If your company has data, Wdesk can help.

Jesse from Murphy USA

Grass is greener with Wdesk

Wdesk is a dependable, collaborative financial reporting platform that is supported by a dynamic accounting software company with a culture of continuous improvement. We made the switch to Workiva two years ago, and I can assure you the "grass is greener" on the other side.

Karby from Kimberly-Clark Corporation

SEC Filing Made Easy

Workiva has made the overall process much easier, from pre-cycle to filing. There is less stress about timing, input and revisions. XBRL has become manageable and dare I say, enjoyable. I know without a doubt if I get stuck and need help, my CSM will be there to guide and help. Workiva is a great product that myself and team find very user friendly.

Dana from CNA

Webfilings

Webfillings has a lot of potential and works for us now but the overall the software is slow and we are not able to do everything we'd like with it and the new features do not come out very often. Customer service has always been great.

Pros

Everything is in one place and we don't have to download anything.

Cons

It is overall slow, and the features we want and that we feel should be basic and already included do not come out very quickly. We would like it to be more trackable, to show completeness and also use it for external tracking. All of the tracking features that are included do not work for us.

Sandhya from EnerSys

Essential resource for SEv Filers

With a very small staff, I succeed in filing on time, every time with Wdesk and the awesome customer support team at Workiva.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to master

Cons

You wish you could learn all the features at the get go.

Anand from AB Cartridge Pvt Ltd

Best software for compliance & reporting.

Pros

we use it everyday, easy to connect with MIS and ERP software. We get clear picture using the data figure generated through it. It has helped us a lot in taking many crucial decisions because of the inside data it produces out of our ERP system.

Cons

No cons so far, working perfectly alright.

Alex from JLL

Workiva - All Around Home Run

I've been using Workiva since 2011, and I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Navigating through Workiva is a breeze and their customer support is fantastic.

Amy from Energizer

Great tool!

Working in Wdesk is extremely user friendly. It makes collaboration and filing easy and the customer service representative are always ready to help!

Joseph from Sussex Bank

Sussex Bank Review

Overall our experience has been great. I would recommend the system to any or all peers. The support team have been a pleasure to work with.

Douglas from Pinnacle Foods Inc

Pinnacle Review!

Workiva has been outstanding for issuing our 10Qs and 10Ks and the customer support is terrific. Would highly recommend!

Anna from The Dixie Group

So user friendly! Great customer service!

The WDesk software is incredibly user-friendly and the customer service and outreach team are phenomenal to work with!