All RepairDesk Reviews

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed October 2021

RepairDesk it THE best solution for electronic repair shops.

Modesto

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Very Dedicated Staff and Easy to use software

To support team, just wanted to take some time to thank you for all your hard work and dedication , we are extremely grateful and happy to have you as our dedicated account manager and me personally i know is not easy working middle of the night i did it for many years, we appreciate everything you've done for us i know these couple of months haven't been easy but we are getting closer to stability and then we can focus solely on growth and features and making everyones's life better and easier

PROS

All the features it currently has and the more features it will have in the future, the time saving the software provides repairs shops making tasks that took 1 to 2 hours to complete to be done in minutes, the more time you save and the more automated features the more your team can concentrate on providing better customer service

CONS

There's no cons to speak about, softwares will always be softwares and have their little things here and there, but nothing that cant be fixed or improved

Modesto, you are absolutely incredible! Thank you for your kind words & strong vote of confidence. Our support team is really grateful for your understanding, and the entire RepairDesk team is pleased to have given you a great experience with our software. We're excited to continue fostering a healthy relationship with you as we move into the future.

Replied February 2019

Corey

Computer Hardware, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

Decent POS and repair ticketing software for start-ups

PROS

Software is affordable for new start-ups. Easy to learn. Built-in SMS system is awesome for updating customers on service tickets. Decent inventory tracking

CONS

The interface is a little clunky but usable. No printing support for Apple computers! You have to download a PDF and then open it up in another program to print while customer waits. No support for Apple Air print when using iPad as POS.

Reason for choosing RepairDesk

Lightspeed was too expensive for my start-up, however I am now switching to Lightspeed due to printer support being dropped for Apple computers recently

Hi Corey, Founder here at RepairDesk and thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I've checked with our product team and we do offer print support to Apple users that are using an iMAC or iPad. If you're using an iMAC we would recommend you to use Epson Tm-m30 and if you're using an iPad we recommend Star TSP 6500 ii Please visit our recommended hardware page for more information and if you need additional help please reach out to our customer service.

Kevin

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great and terrible.

Great bunch of people with great ideas and a great product which could easily be the best on the market, bit having so many issues and getting the “large road map and little time” generic response when asking for simple improvements or necessary bug fixes just made me give up hope.

PROS

Great features. The trade in module is great.

CONS

Some of the great features are Poorly implemented. I put the language barrier down to the frustrating exchanges trying to get simple issues resolved… so I just gave up trying and just deal with the bugs and work arounds now whilst I try to find a better alternative.

Cost. Promises.

Reasons for switching to RepairDesk

For better repair business features.

Hi Kevin, Founder here at RepairDesk and we're sorry you had a poor experience. Your satisfaction is invaluable to us and it would be great if you could share more information about the challenges you're facing so I can work with our product team to improve them moving forward

james

Reviewed November 2020

A good Software if your willing to learn the complexity

PROS

Repair Desk is truly able to handle 100% of daily tasks and streamline the process. Creating Tickets Managing COGS Employee management so on and so forth. The repair Desk Team is there to help you through any questions and will take remote control of your computer if necessary to help complete setup tasks

CONS

You need to know a good deal about how to find information on your own. I am lucky enough to have a good grip on Excel sheets and how to navigate around them to find specific data and that is what you will have to do for a majority of the customization. The repairdesk team is available to help during regular business hours and they are wonderful but sometimes (being from another country) translation of my question does get lost in conversation (that's not the biggest deal to me.) they are not there to do the work for you, you will have to do it on your own.

Square was not built with Repair Shops in mind

jose

READY SET REPAIR

GREAT LOVE REPAIR DESK LOVE THE POS NICE CLEAN LOOK GOOD FEEL EASY TO USE .

PROS

EASY , STRIGHT FORWARD, CUSTOMER SERVICE ON POINT,

CONS

UPDATES , NEED PICTURES ON PARTS, NEED PARTS ON 11, 11 PRO , 11 PRO MAX, AUTOMATIC UPDATES FOR PARTS AND PRICES

GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Reasons for switching to RepairDesk

NOT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR NEVER UPDATE PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE NOT STRIGHT FORWARD CONFUSING

Ben

Reviewed December 2020

Repair desk POS

Overall after getting through learning it, it was worth it in the end. This covers so many aspects of the business, it’s really the only softwear we will ever need.

PROS

The softwear covers all bases and is still being improved as the market changes.

CONS

It takes some time to learn and train to the employees.

Reason for choosing RepairDesk

Repair Q was not widely recommended over repair desk on faze book groups.

Vartan

Reviewed March 2020

Perfected our operation

The confidence the repair desk team has given me since I have gone live with their software has been promising. I am beyond satisfied with the repairDesk software, management and support team.

PROS

The repairDesk platform/POS and CRM system has enabled our company's daily operations to be under more control and allow me as a manager to have a better scope of inventory, costs, expenses, reports....etc. We have resolved our company's years time consuming multi-step procedures by integrating every aspect of our business (account, tracking, purchasing) into one agile system, repairDesk. We are able to tax customers properly on just parts used in servicing jobs.

CONS

Some parts of the interface is not visually appealing or easy to manage. Example: customer text message interface and notifications, Inventory reports.

Reasons for switching to RepairDesk

Was not able to tax parts separately from total cost that included parts & labor.

Aiden

Reviewed December 2019

The best repair system

PROS

Great customer service and a great system to keep track of the inventory.

CONS

it was hard to learn the system at start, but when you start using it, it all makes sense and become so easy

Reasons for switching to RepairDesk

Repair desk offers more service with cheaper price and better customer service

Hello Aiden, Thanks so much for your review. We're real happy to learn that Phone Geeks is now part of the RepairDesk family. Our support team is always here to help you learn more about the system and set things up, and we're looking forward to bringing you even more great features that help your repair store out immensely.

Replied January 2020

Kevin

<3 Repair desk

PROS

The staff/ support is great. Very good people to talk to and very helpful. Pretty seamless and easy to use

CONS

Repair tracker doesnt do anything for my customer other than let them know its here and in progress... they already know that. It would be more helpful if i can tell them what is going on or where the part is for the specail order via tracking number.

Reasons for switching to RepairDesk

I needed to manage my influx of new business.

Loreda

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great service throughout

Great experience and great support

PROS

The system runs smooth and when we have an issue there's always someone ready to give you assistance. Very easy to use and friendly

CONS

So far we had no issues with the system. We are very happy with it as its easy to use and quick

Edric

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Repair Desk

One central CRM Software and the it has small good features

PROS

Simple for tech to use. They are improving the software

CONS

Accounting errors and small glitches in the platform

Reason for choosing RepairDesk

Better tech support at the time and they cost more.

Moustapha

Reviewed October 2020

These guys are great. Their product is build by repair techs for repair techs.

When I first started my company I tried out three different POS Systems. None of them even came close to RepairDesk. I even know the employees by name because they are so helpful. The software has everything that a computer or phone repair shop will ever need. I can see how much sales tax I need to pay how much profit I have and how much sales have grown over the past few months. There’s even a whole section dedicated None of them even came close to RepairDesk. I even know the employees by name because they are so helpful. The software has everything that a computer or phone repair shop will ever need. I can see how much sales tax I need to pay how much profit I have and how much sales have grown over the past few months. There’s even a whole section dedicated To reports. This company could be charging a lot more and I appreciate your help.

PROS

It has EVERYTHING I NEED. It helps me look better as a company. From self checkin to sms, and email.

CONS

Some QuickBook invoices don’t sync automatically at times.

Hi Moustapha, Thanks so much for the awesome review! You rock! We're so happy that RepairDesk has everything you were looking for in a cellphone/computer repair shop software. We've worked long and hard to make sure our customers are satisfied with what we have, and we're always open to feedback. If there's something you feel needs improvement in our system, don't hesitate to contact our support team. We love hearing from you and wish the best for your business with RepairDesk right at your side.

Replied October 2020

Laural

Reviewed October 2021

Very Helpful

Overall, my transition to RepairDesk has been an utter joy. RepairDesk handles invoicing, estimating, contacts, expenses and tickets along with a complete array of other features. All of these work efficiently and intuitively and I like the fact that the developers are constantly adding new tweaks and features RepairDesk ranks as the best POS for the cell phone repair industry. As an extremely busy person, RepairDesk has made my life easy as I can manage almost everything within RepairDesk. Support team is exceptional as I was connected with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he helped me in a very Professional, Polite manner. Overall, my transition to RepairDesk has been an utter joy. RepairDesk handles invoicing, estimating, contacts, expenses and tickets along with a complete array of other features. All of these work efficiently and intuitively and I like the fact that the developers are constantly adding new tweaks and features RepairDesk ranks as the best POS for the cell phone repair industry. As an extremely busy person, RepairDesk has made my life easy as I can manage almost everything within RepairDesk. Support team is exceptional as I was connected with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he helped me in a very Professional, Polite manner.

PROS

User friendly and extremely helpful when I call in to tech support

CONS

No cons at this time. Tech support is always willing to help.

Bryan

Reviewed January 2020

Supercharging our workflow

So after a month or so of testing and migrating data from our old system that we have been using for 5 years we went live yesterday with RD. We had a couple of issue’s which are more user issue’s than RD issue’s and have some things we need to adapt for our work flow. The RD team I have to say have been amazing putting up and listening to my enquires and suggestions, and giving me support at all times of the day. you all know who you are. We have two CFD in use, and various integrations that have given our workflow a huge boost and look forward to all the future developments of RD.. Now we have made the change I Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend RD and the team. Look forward to working with the community and developers.

PROS

The Support from the team and the integrations

CONS

Nothing, any issue we have found the team have helped us address

Features and support

Hi Bryan, Thanks for the awesome review! We're really glad to learn that RepairDesk gets a solid recommendation from you. Our team is hard at work to make RepairDesk even better for your business, and we're always here to help you out with whatever you need. Looking forward to working with you as well!

Replied February 2020

Roy

Reviewed June 2018

very solid and easy to use

PROS

i like that i can let me customer sign in on a iPad. make a ticket just pick items from the list of services or stuf you add. and in just a few clicks i get everthing that makes my life more easy. invoice, stock control. money wise

CONS

i dont like it that repairdesk keeps changing my excel sheet item numbers. the item numbers get geberated by my website and this way i get groups of items like i want them. but after uploading to repairdesk it changes... (could be that i am doing something wrong, did not write the team a ticket yet,,,)

Thank you for being an awesome customer Roy & for your valuable feedback. We are happy that you are satisfied with RepairDesk and we aim to make the system even easier and more convenient for you. Our development and customer support team are working rigorously, and smooth operations on your end are our main priority. If you have any particular concerns, you can report them to us on Github (https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues) and we will look into them as soon as possible. You can also contact our support team for assistance. We hope to have a lasting relationship with you.

Replied August 2018

Scott

Working Minimum Viable Product

PROS

Easy to use and figure out, training new staff is simple

CONS

Integrations are terrible. Integrated with two suppliers, but if hinders purchasing from them unless you are using it in the only one way that RD is designed. Zero app support for iPad and 2 tax jurisdictions and seemingly no interest by RD to actually resolve it. Updates are released randomly and without warning. Hope that they don’t screw with any features you use as they may change or disappear without warning. RD 2.0 was promised Q2 2021 since they weren’t fixing some other issues, nothing released as of yet

Hi Scott, We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused and It sounds like our integration with suppliers missed our quality targets! We are in the process to re-rewrite the integration with MobileSentrix & Injured gadgets which will be released in RepairDesk 2.0 early next year.

Javed