What are AutoCAD Architecture users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using AutoCAD Architecture software through verified user reviews

• icon"I use this when I need an accurate 3D model of a building I am working on. This is very easy to use and great for realistic and accurate 3d Buildings."
  • icon"I love the control I have over lineweight and clarity, as opposed to the competition."
  • icon"It's easy to use with great quality of support. You can make design projects, save them and share them without any hassle."
  • icon"The price os the software is one thing that needs to be looked at. For a small firm, it would be difficult to get a licence for this product."
  • icon"There is no coordination between plans and elevations, sections, etc. If something changes on plans, you had to go and update each and every elevation, section, view that was affected."
  • icon"This software is difficult to learn and to use, and difficult to understand. I've switched to Sketchup Pro."

Browse all AutoCAD Architecture Reviews

• Have you used AutoCAD Architecture and would like to share your experience with others?

BEST CAD drawing tool EVER.

Ahmed

My review

My experience with the Architectural AutoCAD program is the best thing that happened in my professional and practical life, thanks to which I was able to earn a lot of money by drawing the architectural and construction drawings on it and then presenting it to clients and convincing them of it. In my academic life as well, I learned it from my first year at the Faculty of Engineering, and I was able to distinguish myself from the students with my drawings and projects on AutoCAD. I still deal with him daily, the focus of my job in life, and I hope autodesk will always be in progress

Pros

In fact, there are many advantages in the AutoCAD program. I love it personally because it helped me a lot, for example, the ease of drawing on the program, starting to use commands, and also exporting files in dxf image to structural design programs, which saved me a lot of time

Cons

The program may be a little slow when opening or take some time to work. I hope to work on this and find innovative solutions for it

AutoCAD Architecture: The Leader in Architectural Software

My overall experience with AutoCAD Architecture has been a positive one. Once I completed my first concept drawing, I was pleased to see our architect come up with much the same thing, using the same software. A vote of confidence from the industry solidified my impression of the software.

Pros

AutoCAD Architecture provides an easy to use, yet powerful interface for designing homes and other structures. When the time came to do a renovation on our home, I tried several alternatives before settling on AutoCAD Architecture as the most viable option. All of the other software suites lacked the functionality I sought in terms of views, materials control, snapping, dimensioning, and more. I had initially thought I would simply be using plain AutoCAD, but AutoCAD Architecture has enough architectural-specific features that made home design so much easier (standard thicknesses for walls; blocks for windows, appliances, etc.).

Cons

AutoCAD can be a bit overwhelming for the uninitiated/untrained. I had lots of experience with standard AutoCAD as an engineer, but was worried AutoCAD Architecture might be too complex. That concern turned out to be unfounded as there are many helpful teaching videos available online. After a half hour of how-to's, I was up and running without incident.

Reasons for switching to AutoCAD Architecture

The functionality of SketchUp was not what I was looking for--it seemed to be a little too consumer-focused. Not to say that great things can't be modeled with it, just that AutoCAD Architecture has the superior interface and more powerful functionality.

Way too overpriced also not compatable with older versions

Too many clients need to have you save it down to a previous version. It is harder to customize than the older versions of CAD or Autocad alternatives.

Pros

The only pros about it is that everyone uses it so it can be used to open drawings from other firms.

Cons

It is not fully compatible with free-cad or Draftsight applications, it will give an error message saying the file was not created by an Autocad application even though there is nothing wrong with it and the file opens fine after closing the warning box. The biggest problem is sending files to people with earlier versions of CAD, they make it where you have to either buy a new copy of Autocad each year or the people sending the file have to save it down to your Autocad version. They have also eliminated or made it difficult to have auto-cad classic view instead of the ribbon. The new Xref manager is horrible unless you remember to type xrefclassic. The newest versions are also slow even on the newest PCs with core i7 processors and higher amounts of RAM.

Harshada

All about Autocad

Pros

For improving workflow of the team autocad software. For Saving the time of your 2d design this is best software. Here number of tool are available so working time easily reduce. This software get incredible value for robust proven software trusted by millions users of world wide. In this software 2d and 3d drawing easily we can draw.

Cons

In this software limited file formats available much more time there is problem in importing exporting the file. It takes loading Problem effect are lost most of the time . Colours, geometry not show.

Diana

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I like it better than Revit

I have been drafting with AutoCAD since 1992, so overall I like most of the changes they have made over the years. Once in while, they change something and I have to put it back the way I like it.

Pros

It's customizable. I can migrate my settings from previous versions and when they change things that worked fine before, I can change it back. I know Revit has it's uses, but for me, it's too time consuming and drafting isn't easy or pretty. Switching between the 2 programs day to day is difficult because they have different thought processes.

Cons

I'm not sure of the price, but my employer is always saying how expensive it is and that they make you get a subscription now to upgrade every time a new version comes out.

JAZE

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Is AutoCAD Architecture Worth It?

This software always brings out the creative in you. It is always coming to the rescue when I least expect it so I plan on using it furthermore in the future.

Pros

This software comes with tools that allow me to model my buildings in 3D and comes with loads of options on how to create a set of architectural drawings. I can manipulate physical properties with certain parameters and drive the geometry accordingly by changing the value in the properties palette. I can even create door and window schedules based on components that are in the model I'm working on.

Cons

I really wish that AutoCAD (VANILLA) and AutoCAD Architecture were integrated as one sometimes, it would make my life so much easier.

Reasons for choosing AutoCAD Architecture

I knew nothing about the SketchUp software so I went for the more popular choice.

Mamochaki

AutoCAD Architecture Review

I am a self taught CAD operator who designs small houses and AutoCAD helped me a lot and is still helping me to this day even though I am still learning more, it is a good software that really helped me.

Pros

AutoCad is a very good CAD software because it is user friendly and it delivers quality graphics that encourage creativity, and it has a lot of features that can be added on and manipulated, which makes it a perfect Draughting tool for Architects old and new.

Cons

It took me too long to get a hang of everything, but truth be told, whatever I learned stayed with me because it was easy to apply, I feel it has a lot of features that need to be learnt first before everything is clearer.

Reasons for choosing AutoCAD Architecture

A lot of people trust it because it has been here for a long time which breeds confidents to buyers or those who are comparing.

Reasons for switching to AutoCAD Architecture

It contained little tools that help with the draughting, like brick types and sizes and roof variations.

Rajib

April 2022

AutoCAD Architecture is the first GO-TO appliance for the Architects and Civil Engineers

The amazing user-friendly UI and precision of drawings of this software made AutoCAD Architecture a professional design appliance.

Pros

The preciseness of drawing, accurate measures and details, and the amazing accessibility of tools in the well-organized User-friendly User Interface

Cons

Limited file formats, Not incorporating the BIM feature, and It does not have parametric solutions.

The Only 2D Architectural Program I Will Ever Use

My overall experience has been amazing. It has been easy to use, easy to share, and easy to prepare.

Pros

What I like most about this product is its ease of use and all of its features specific for what I am specifically doing. Exporting and sharing projects is seamless and the options for what I can do with this product are almost endless.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the tediousness of selecting small lines. It can be hard on my eyes when using it for many hours on end.

Benonius

The Best Application for architect

this application is very powerfull to use on worksheet of architecture project, beacuse there are such good feature to make the plan much better than the other one.

Pros

i mostly like this software because this software help me to plan project model percision and detail and it provided the best graphic results.

Cons

there is no bar command which guide the user to modeling the project, the new user also need more guidden button to guide them.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

You can not continue without Autocad in Engineering level

Autocad is one of the biggest drawing software in case of the engineering sector, It saves a lot of time and effort. Some people think that it costs much more than other software, but if you think about output, you will find out how much you get from this software, it is far good from same category other software. Its interface is not that user friendly, though if you invest some time you can easily operate it.

Pros

Best Design and drawing software in engineering software, as I am a civil engineer, it saves my effort so much. They continuously develop their software in every edition, Price is not that much much according to its output if you think. Autocad gives various functions, you can argue about that, Their are many format like colour, layer, tool bar for different works.

Cons

Obviously, Autocad is not User friendly enough without a proper tutorial, if you have a tutorial you need to master it, without it you can not run this software smoothly. If we talk about price, it definitely expensive, but it provides something valuable in return. Without a good configuration device, you are unable to run the software smoothly.

Reasons for switching to AutoCAD Architecture

As a Civil engineer, Coralcad does not enough have enough function, I need to switch to AutoCAD to get maximum output.

May 2022

AutoCAD review

Pros

Very easy to use and quick to perform the different order.

Cons

AutoCAD cannot settle on all operating systems and also requires a good capacity in hard disk memory.

Jemima Zita

Great drafting software

AutoCad is great software which is easy to learn and use.

Pros

Autocad Architecture is a great software for producing neat drafted architectural plans. It is very easy to use.

Cons

The software is limited to 2D drafting eventhough it allows for a bit of 3D modelling. Unlike Revit, AutoCad does not give you the previllage to work in multiple views at a time.

Hossam

May 2022

Dr Hos tech review

Great experience made design easily and my brother use it a lot also

Pros

Facilities in design and drawing 3 , 2D imaging and little bugs in program , friendly use

Cons

Over all good experience with Autocad me be some improvements in graphic overall appearance but don’t affect experience of use

Sahan

Quick and easy in Residential Designs

I spend most of my screen time with this software drafting and reviewing drawings, and I am sure I will be using this for the rest of my career.

Pros

2D drafting has been developed through the years to make drafting easier, at the same time keeping the authenticity. It is very important for a long term user since 2012.

Cons

Plotting/ Printing large drawings has been a little tricky as there most of the options are in manual control.

Imene

Industry: Research

AUTOCAD; un logiciel de cartographie très professionnel

Pros

J'ai commencé à travailler avec AUTO CAD en 2012, après effectuer une formation pour maîtriser ce logiciel. j'ai étudie l’aménagement du territoire et la géographie à l'université donc l'utilisation des logiciels de cartographie sont indispensable dans notre parcours. AUTOCAD convient les architectes plus que les géographes, parce que il y a trois volets AUTOCAD 2D, 3D et 3D max. en effet, dans mon cas, j'ai utilisé uniquement le AUTOCAD 2D parce que je fais que la cartographie. Par contre, les autres niveaux 3D et 3D max sont très destinés aux architectes pour réaliser leurs plans.

Cons

AUTOCAD 2D; comme j'avais dit un logiciel de cartographie permet de dessiner les cartes mais les inconvénients de ce logiciel qu'il fait pas le traitement , le stockage des données comme d'autres logiciels d'informations géographiques. je trouve que AUTOCAD convient beaucoup plus les architectes que les géographes

AutoCAD review

I have been using AutoCAD from my past 5 years of institute life and still I am using with the request of some clients. It is one of my favourites.

Pros

I enjoy this software as a Quantity Surveyor this is the foundation of learning major architectural software. I really like because it is very simple to take-off quantities to excel sheets using tools - ‘’Polyline’’ to get perimeter and for Areas we can use ‘’Rectangular’’/’’circle’’. I have done so many projects (Local & Foreign) drawings using this software.

Cons

Actually, there is nothing-big issue with this software, but as a quantity surveyor’s point of view, now there are some latest software like ‘’Bluebeam’’ so we can use pdfs to take off. However, in AutoCAD we need the ''dwg'' formats. Nowadays people use pdfs it is very easy to view & handle and we can get automatically mark-ups for our areas.

francisco

francisco quintanilla

lo uso diariamente y estoy muy satisfecho del software

Pros

me gusta la proyección de detalles que se puede lograr a través de un proyecto arquitectónico

Cons

proyectar exportación de archivos en otros programas

Valarie

Easy Functional Drafting Solution.

Drawing solution with functional features for the accurate drawing generation and faster presentation drafting.

Pros

The quick of 2D document drafting through the tool is perfect and the editing capability that allows Engineer or the Architect to easily edit and detail various working drawings for the projects.

Cons

None, to me the 2D and 3D modeling software was easy and responsive from the implementation stage to the services production.

Grace

2D Drafting and Easy CAD Solution.

Accurate drawing production and easy detailing software for the Engineers and Architects and the features are very easy.

Pros

The documentation of multiple construction working drawings using AutoCAD Architecture is effective and great way to produce quality Engineering and Architectural 2D documents.

Cons

With an experience on other CAD platform, getting familiar with AutoCAD Architecture is very enjoyable process.

Chanaka

Industry: Civil Engineering

Good choice for architectures out there

Created by the pioneers in CAD Autodesk, AutoCAD Architecture is designed for creating 2D and 3D modeling purposes. This serves its purpose as an architecture software with many specific tools and features to effectively create a design. And this needs a powerful device to run and will have some issues with compatibility and sudden crashing. But overall this serves its purpose, fast, effective, and precise in creating a design.

Pros

As with all other Autodesk software, AutoCAD Architecture comes with many great and innovative features to aid the user in creating the perfect design. Unlike typical architecture software, this is quite easy to use and has a good user interface to effectively use the software. And in my personal opinion, this has the precision element which is lacking in many other designing software. With adding more architecture-related features to typical AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture has become more helpful easier to create architecture designs. Considering the views, snapping, properties panel so far this is the most helpful and effective software for architectures. Especially many tutorials are available for anyone willing to try it.

Cons

Incompatibility with some other CAD software was a major disadvantage for AutoCAD Architecture and sometimes it crashed just after opening the files. And it was quite expensive to use. Also, the user interface was somewhat unfriendly considering some other applications. Finally, unlike AutoCAD, this was using more resources to perform.

Reasons for switching to AutoCAD Architecture

Revit was too heavy and difficult o understand. AutoCAD Architecture had the basic features I searched for.

Still Relevant!!

I've been a fan of the software for close to 2 decades. I still prefer it over Revit, etc, because it is so customizable. I care a great deal about the quality of my drawings - Revit gets me kind of there, but I still greatly prefer AutoCAD for it's options for lineweights, text, etc. It's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me. :)

Pros

The architecture world is making a migration from 2D to 3D BIM software - Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, and the like. For large projects, Revit may be appropriate. For modelers, Rhino. And for hobbyists, Sketchup. But there is a large market for residential/light commercial where AutoCAD is still the #1 software for working drawings. It has flexibility, and is still the preferred software for structural engineers, mechanical engineers, landscape architects, and more. I love the control I have over lineweight and clarity, as opposed to the competition.

Cons

The discrepancy between scales, and modelspace vs paperspace has been an issue in the entirety of the 18+ years I've been using the software. I have my workarounds for this, but I really wish it were easier/more intuitive to flip between MS and PS.

Revit

Reasons for choosing AutoCAD Architecture

See my testimonials above.

AutoCAD-An amazing asset for drawing and demonstrating

AutoCAD Architecture takes the previous AutoCAD to an entirely different measurement. The program essentially helps profitability, which enables a customer to work all the more productively and adequately. Truth be told, I think this item is something fundamental in each office and home that as often as possible arrangements with structural plans. I additionally feel that organizations that embrace this specific program will no doubt appreciate the additional advantage of automation of complex drafting endeavors than previously.

Pros

Autocad makes the calling of originators, planner and architects all the more simple, sorted out and intriguing, the autocad interface give each attracting apparatuses genuine in a computerized structure, with the assistance of the instruments like frameworks, object snaps , polar trackers and the symmetrical mode which carries on like a genuine set-squares and Tee-squares, an expert can sit agreeable on is sofa at home and make drawing audits, with this broad devices. autocad interface can without much of a stretch be altered to fit the sort of drafting you would need to do either 3D or 2d, a few times the various toolbars and directions can be overpowering for fledglings, however they are helpful given the client knows how and what to utilize them for. Autocad is client friendly,easy to utilize particularly the 2D drafting the numerous instruments have different capacities, that would be required for various kind of drawings, before you use autocad, you should comprehend the nature of work you need to accomplish, at that point autocad will offer them to you quicker, precisely and progressively satisfactory. Autocad gives the benefit to secret key drawing records, to avert access to your drawings by different clients of your PC,you can go to choices by right snap on the drawing window,from there you can set secret phrase to your presently opened documents, its has truly help keep up some degree of duplicate right, and help to verify organizations idea and structures .

Cons

The sticker price related with AutoCAD is steep, thinking about fashioners, designers, and specialists, all utilization it unendingly. To work without significant glitches, for example, screen solidify, slow preparing velocity the product needs framework wealthy in memory and RAM. A couple of directions like Trim and Hatch work gradually if your PC is (for my situation) old or short on accessible RAM. For new clients, the whole interface can be very overpowering thinking about the quantity of directions accessible for differed capacities. I don't generally have serious issues with the 2D drafting highlight, as it is exhaustive, exact and easy to use, however by one way or another the 3D highlight isn't the best. As I would like to think, there is other programming accessible which can create excellent, introduction commendable and practical 3D renderings as most have their very own beam following, something that AutoCAD needs. Also, for complex undertakings, it very well may challenge update areas, heights, and detail drawings regardless of whether there is a minor change in the arrangement/s. For this reason particularly, I lean toward BIM programming when taking a shot at enormous and testing ventures.

Stephen Olawale

THE ARCHITECT DIGITAL DRAWING BOARD

my overall experience using autocad, is that autocad has made life easy for me, i don't have to carry drawing boards,Tee-squares and set-squares all over the place because i want to present a design concept,thanks to the auto-desk team.

Pros

Autocad makes the profession of designers, architect and engineers more easy, organised and interesting, the autocad interface provide every drawing tools in real life in a digital form, with the help of the tools like grids, object snaps , polar trackers and the orthogonal mode which behaves like a real life set-squares and Tee-squares, a professional can sit comfortable on is couch at home and make drawing reviews, with this extensive tools. autocad interface can easily be customized to fit the type of drafting you would want to carry out either 3D or 2d, some times the numerous toolbars and commands can be overwhelming for beginners, but they are very useful provided the user knows how and what to use them for. Autocad is user friendly,easy to use especially the 2D drafting the many tools have various functions, that would be be needed for different type of drawings, before you use autocad, you must understand the quality of work you want to achieve, then autocad will give them to you faster, accurately and more presentable. Autocad gives the privilege to password drawing files, to prevent access to your drawings by other users of your PC,you can go to options by right click on the drawing window,from there you can set password to your currently opened files, its has really help maintain some level of copy-right, and help to secure companies concept and and designs, I use password on drawings a lot.

Cons

The autocad 3D models is not has realistic like the BIM applications with a powerful rendering settings, so i prefer to export CAD format to Revit Architecture for my 3D realistic models. Autocad requires a PC with large memory speed, especially with the latest versions ,while carrying out 2D drafting, modifications like Hatching or triming, if you do not upgrade your RAM you will be very slow working on the application. The numerous tabs, tool bars can be very intimidating to beginners, has a trainer, I have to switch off some tabs and focus on those one that are needed for a particular deliverable, I would like my trainee to accomplish through the present exercise, before going to the next. It is very true that not all of these tools on the autocad interface are being used by architect for their 2D drafting. Making drawing reviews for large project on autocad is not has easy has using BIM applications like Revit Architecture, even if the changes on the plan is small, you will have to edit your elevations, sections, independently on autocad., but despite all these, autocad is the best for architect from the conceptual stage ,working drawing stage and presentation stage.

AutoCAD Architecture