Best Bid Electrical Estimating Software Reviews

Recommendations

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"What I liked most about this product is how a good tool it is to have on hand when one is rushed into making a estimate on a job."
  • icon"Tech support is one of the best I have received, promptness response, very descriptive solutions with related video tutorials makes the tech solution great."
  • icon"I believe we have more awarded projects because of this software. Allowed us to be more competitive and profitable and allowed us to keep better track of material and man hours."
  • icon"No training sessions need. They are available if you are read the directions first type of person."
  • icon"Ran into issues with installation when upgrading from an older version. As a result of the issue I lost old data."

Have you used Best Bid Electrical Estimating and would like to share your experience with others?

All Best Bid Electrical Estimating Reviews

Cory

Great Product for a Great Price

Overall experience has been amazing from the quick and reliable customer service to the program it’s self. You receive regular updates and the best part is it is a one time fee.

Pros

The ease of use of this product is what keeps me using it. I can manage takeoffs to estimates to change orders all in this easy to use product

Cons

There where times that I didn’t know how to do a few things which made it frustrating to use.

Reasons for choosing Best Bid Electrical Estimating

Value of the product and talking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] put my mind to ease making it a no brainer

MAt

A Great Resource and Asset to Our Firm

The overall product is great!! I had been using BB alongside another program since 2015. I now use BB exclusively for all of our projects.

Pros

What first caught my attention about BB was the User interface. It is very simple and neatly organized in a manner that makes it easy for any electrical contractor to navigate and confidently complete a competitive bid. I also like having the added takeoff program included with the estimating program. It's ability to automatically transfer takeoff information into the estimate portion of BB, in my opinion, is second to none. Having the two programs work congruently removes a lot of the headache and potential for error that can commonly occur when doing takeoffs by hand or in a standalone program. The program has a myriad of features including reports that translate well into the field. We are able to use many of these reports to track and compare the progress of each job to how we bid it. Having this ability is priceless, because it allows us to sharpen our pencils and correct errors (if any) on the next bid. I am also impressed with knowing that I own this program and I don't have to pay annual fees/subscriptions. Lastly, customer service has been awesome!!! I encountered issues when installing the program. Customer service was prompt and knowledgable. I was up and running in no time.

Cons

Ran into issues with installation when upgrading from an older version. As a result of the issue I lost old data. The issue was more than likely with my computer, but having an option to backup and restore the database, may have saved me the hassle.

Response from Steve

Thank you Mat for you review. We are so sorry to hear that you lost data. The software has always had away to back up data but it was not that user friendly. The new Best Bid Hybrid Pro has a one button backup to back up your data. You can even move your database to a different computer. Again sorry for the data loss we should have done a better job.

Replied January 2018

Alexandra

Great tool to have on hand when estimating for electrical jobs

Pros

Cons

Aside from it being a great tool to have on hand when rushed to estimate a job, sometimes it's not as accurate as one hopes. I prefer estimating ourselves instead of using the program but when in need, it's a life saver!

Response from Steve

Alexandra, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please let me respond to two of your comments. “ It’s not as accurate as one hopes”. The software does not have emotions, it takes your input and produces material and labor according to how you have set your settings. It is 100% right all the time and reacts to what you told it to do. “I prefer estimating ourselves”. Alexandra, there should never be a time where by hand is better than most software. If you will email us with your concerns I will promise you our staff will help you tailor the software to your business needs. Please let us help.

Replied January 2018

Carl

Best of Class

We have been using Best Bid Estimating software for about three years. I use it the most and I can honestly say, it is extremely easy to use and allows for you to compile takeoffs into an estimate in rather short time. Which means, its construction is very intuitive. It has lots of versatility and is custom configurable which gives it efficiency. It is always important to be able to produce reports, and have the ability to breakout a bid into phases or stages, Best Bid does this very well. Whatever you need to do to personalize a bid can be done. I suspect most estimating software packages have similar abilities, but they don’t come the with the support you will get from Best Bid. The technical support team is Top-Shelf. You will never wait days for an answer to your question. You will never have to wonder if they got your email and are going to respond to your need. The support is absolutely the best; second to none. The price is very affordable. The features are comparable to any estimating software package. I’ll say it again, it’s easy to use. I would recommend the Best Bid Electrical Estimating Software package to anyone and everyone needing to find an application that they will be able to use soon after the installation.

Pros

Easy to use - Compiles a bid in rather short time - Very intuitive - It has lots of versatility - Custom configurable - Report Generating - Breakout a bid into phases or stages - The technical support team is Top-Shelf - The price is very affordable

Cons

I'd Like to know more about adding parts to the database. I would like to know the difference between parts that are listed with the same description more than once. I'd also like to know more about editing the proposal files.

Larry

2 Thumbs Up! I'd give more, but only have the 2

Since I purchased Best Bid Hybrid Pro, I have noticed my estimating time has decreased. Instead of constantly being consumed with the process, I actually have some free time. I've noticed my bids are very competitive, and thorough.

Pros

It is really difficult to zero in on 1 or 2 features that I like about Best Bid hybrid. It is full of features that are completely needed in the estimating process. So that would be my most loved feature, all the complete processes that flow together to make the estimating a lot easier and reassuring my confidence in a proper estimate that I feel good about.

Cons

As with all software and apps, there are learning curves. My learning curve was I input info/data incorrectly. But that was only for a bit. My other learning curve was nor realizing that there was software out there that did all I was trying to make work for me, in one package - Hybrid Pro

Reasons for choosing Best Bid Electrical Estimating

I chose Best Bid Hybrid Pro due to cost and functionality. Most others had similar results but also required multiple software (like using AutoCad to read the prints, then another software that would take the count and insert into the actual estimating software)

Carlos

Best software used by our company for electrical estimating

In a few words, my experience with software is simply amazing!

Pros

Flexibility, expanding and customized menus. few click estimating process, predefined assemblies for frequent use. Integrated proposal that populate with estimate data. Takeoff integration is a breeze, takeoff counts transferable to estimate assemblies very quickly. It is clear that this software was designed with ease and productivity in mind. Tech support is one of the best I have received, promptness response, very descriptive solutions with related video tutorials makes the tech solution great.

Cons

I have not found any part in the software I dislike. Since day one we used this software, I have been able to be more productive and accurate with out bids.

Reasons for switching to Best Bid Electrical Estimating

Complicated bidding process, no takeoff integrated... lack of productivity.

Cesar

Great Software

Overall its great I've use it since 2014 and its been one the best decisions I made for my business.

Pros

What I like the most of this program its how easy is to use and the ability to use Net Pricer.

Cons

What I like the least if any is the download on take off portion of it.

McCormick Electrical Estimating

Reasons for choosing Best Bid Electrical Estimating

I tried it and it worked best for me.

Bill

The Best estimating software my company has used

I would recommend this software to anybody wanting to use estimating software or any company upgrading or changing the way they do take off's and estimating. By far this has been the best choice i made. I have been using their software for about 10 years now and have never regretted purchasing this software once. The support team is amazing and if i ever run into something that doesn't quite work for me they are there to help me out always.

Pros

Ease of use Great integration between take off and estimating packages Allows me to do take off's and estimate my way not have to change to the way the software wants it Support is amazing Has allowed more efficiency and production in the office I believe we have more awarded projects because of this software Allowed us to be more competitive and profitable and allowed us to keep better track of material and man hours

Richard

Time used: Free Trial

September 2011

I am an electrical estimator for R&C, a small electrical contractor that does residential and commercial electrical work ranging from 1,000 sq. ft up to 80,000 sq. ft of lease spaces and ground up projects. Before I used McCormick and On Screen Takeoff, or entered projects manually on paper from blueprints. As you may know, paper form is now obsolete and using the bigger programs such as McCormick, which is not very electrician-friendly, is the best way to do estimating. I personally believe that the best estimators are electricians whom work out in the field. Unfortunately, many of them are not computer savvy and Best Bid is actually friendly enough to use that these electricians can learn to estimate. The software programs must be easy to use to save time and to create the competitive edge for landing jobs for a company. Therefore, the more user-friendly and simple the software, the easier it makes estimating. Best Bid is user-friendly, efficient and productive and has cut the data entry of projects in half. The software bidding program, Best Bid, is very user-friendly for electricians that are electrical project estimators. It is very easy to create custom assemblies and has a large range of assemblies to choose from, which helps to save time when bidding projects. There are also built in proposals that help to make bidding a project more efficient and quicker, as well as the ability to create a change order. It also has a large range of material and supply costs readily available to make bidding easier and the net price feature helps to make the pricing more accurate. Best Bid’s customer service representatives are second-to-none and their response to assistance inquiries is quick and helpful. I personally own the following; Best Bid, First Choice, Digi-Count, and Panel Scheduling and am very satisfied with what the programs have to offer. I look forward to seeing what other programs that they have in store in the future. Best Bid has benefited me, as an electrical estimator in the following ways: submit more accurate bids, shortened the length of time spent on a project and freed my time to put in extra projects per week which I would not have had the time to do.

July 2022

"Best Bid" is better then the rest

Since we started using Best Bid, we have seen a 32% increase in awarded projects which greatly increases our profit margin.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use. The "Custom Assemblies" are a game changer. Other programs require you build your own assemblies. Best Bid is packed with assemblies that are easily customizable to fit individual needs. If you choose to build a custom assembly, simply save it to the master file and you will have access to it in the future.

Cons

I can honestly say I do not have issues this software. I do have 25 years of experience in the electrical industry and started with long-hand estimates. I have used other programs and find this to be the most user friendly

Simple To Use- The Complete Package

As an electrical educator, I have taught over 40,000 students in my time. When I talk estimating to folks I want to show them something simple and easy to understand. The complexity of a software means the difference in using it and putting it on the shelf to collect dust. I can promise you that will not the case with the Best Bid Hybrid Pro software because it is so easy to use and is so amazing affordable that it is a no-brainer for any electrical contractor.

Pros

I have been an electrical industry expert for over 30 years and author many articles and books on electrical codes and estimating. I have used a wide variety of estimating software in my 30 years and the Best Bid Hybrid Pro is by far the easiest and quickest on the market. Regardless of the size of the project the Best Bid software makes it easy and painless.

Cons

I am unable to think of any "cons" at this time. The price is so affordable that the only con may be for the company as they could probably charge twice what they do and it would still be a bargain.

Electrical Estimates

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Best Bid has been Excellent to work with. Always answers my question timely.

Pros

Best Bid has increased my ability to produce accurate estimates quickly. I wear all of the Management hats in my company. In this past this has caused me to have to no-bid some larger protects. That is not the case now. In the past two weeks I have bid 6 projects and won 4. The other two are still pending.

Cons

The data base takes a little time use to learn, but it is very complete and easy to edit. It even has PVC-Coated rigid conduit in it. You can start "Driving this software right out of the Box". No training sessions need. They are available if you are read the directions first type of person.

Best Bid is a better investment for a firm the size of MKM Electrical Services

Chase

Time used: Free Trial

August 2011

At Chase Power Solutions we provide a full line of electrical services and installations from high end apartment complexes to commercial and industrial projects. We also provide security, data, and telephone systems. We have been using another system for 3 years. We were convinced by the company that this was the best approach to estimating. After 3 years of paying for the original purchase price, extra seats, plus tech support fees and yearly up-dates we had a fire that destroyed our computers. To our surprise the company basically said we had to start all over from scratch. Yes we were upset! We just purchased the Best Bid Electrical Estimating Software a few months ago and we kept looking for the complicated screens and choices that were used to but they just were not there. After we removed what we were taught from the other company we are now able to complete an estimate in no time. It took about 2 phone calls to tech support, which is free, and we knew everything that we needed to know about the system. Best of all everyone at Best Bid has an electrical background so they know firsthand what you need. As the owner I love the 1 time cost with no extra fees that never stop. My estimators love the simplicity and flexibility. Overall from what we were used to this experience could not be better.

Miguel

Great Estimating Software

I am able to turn in bids within almost a day if not two.

Pros

It is simple to use and has a lot helpful videos to get you going where you need. It also allows you to download your pdf prints .

Cons

It would be nice to be able to use it for invoicing.

Reasons for switching to Best Bid Electrical Estimating

Cost Codes were never up to date and plan swift is like 1800 dollars to add to the software.

Timothy

This is by far the best software I have used; It should have been the first.

If you are looking to take the leap and purchase estimating software, this is the least expensive, easiest to use, full featured program available at a great price point. Don't make the mistake of getting software that requires an ongoing financial investment to use. This program lives on your local hard drive, not in the clouds. Support is provided promptly by living people, not a menu of FAQ's. You will not regret making this decision!

Pros

The support is excellent. When I have a question or problem, I shoot an email and have an answer. The software is very intuitive for the user. I can build an estimate any way I want. Big job or small, this is the best way I have found to produce an estimate. The best part is that when I purchased the program I got the whole program with all the features intact. There are no additional hidden charges, fees, services or memberships like others I have used.

Cons

I have had a little trouble finding the items I'm looking for in the item description fields. Some folks call items by different names and it can make it tough to locate the item needed. There is a good chance that I just haven't stumbled on a better way to search.