All Box Reviews

1-25 of 3,361 Reviews

Anne

Company size: 5,001 - 10,000 employees

Easy to use document storage

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Professional Software For Professional Teams

Box has allowed my team to securely manage and store data and documents for several clients. The tool is easy to access and use, and keeps our data safe and secure.

Pros

Box is a powerful cloud storage tool that makes it easy to store, share, access, and edit documents in a secure and easy to use environment.

Cons

I have noticed no cons thus far, and would highly recommend Box to other teams.

Oğuz

Industry: Computer Games

A Comprehensive Review of Box Software: Pros, Cons, and Final Verdict

Box Software is a great choice for businesses of all sizes, offering a reliable and secure cloud storage and file sharing solution. The wide range of features and functionalities make it an ideal choice for teams working on projects remotely. The user-friendly interface allows for quick and easy setup, and the ability to store and sync files across multiple devices is extremely useful. However, the lack of version control and the pricing plans may be a deterrent for some users.

Pros

Box Software offers an easy to use, intuitive user experience with a wide range of features and functionalities that makes it a great choice for businesses of all sizes. The ability to store and sync files across multiple devices makes it particularly useful for teams working on projects remotely.

Cons

There is no version control feature available, meaning that users must be careful when editing files as the latest version will always be saved and any editing mistakes cannot be undone. Additionally, some users may find the pricing plans expensive compared to other cloud storage solutions.

Reasons for switching to Box

Box Software stands out from other cloud storage solutions due to its intuitive user experience, robust security features, and the ability to store and sync files across multiple devices. It also offers integration with a wide range of third-party applications, allowing businesses to use their existing tools and applications with Box. Additionally, the mobile app makes it easy to access, edit, and share files on the go.

Solid cloud storage

I have mainly been using Box for document storage and on rare occasions have I used the file-sharing option so my experience with editing documents, collaboration, and the use of apps such as Zoom, Zapier, Airtable, etc. has been very limited so far.

Pros

The user interface in Box is one of the features I like the most since it mimics the user interface I am used to when working with local files and folders on my computer. You also get many options to interact with files and folders via right-click.

Cons

Depending on the computer and internet speed it can be a bit slow to work on in a browser. You can sync your Box account with your computer but it will save files and folders on your local hard drive. This will speed things up but you will not have the immediate benefit of features such as editing documents in the cloud.

Reasons for switching to Box

Early on I was offered a significantly larger storage plan than Dropbox was offering by downloading the Box app.

Bhushan

Industry: Chemicals

January 2023

Top Digital asset management and storage platform

Top digital asset management tool with the latest features, can use for large content projects and files /data management as well as transfer.

Pros

Box is the best platform for managing digital assets, contents, big files, asset libraries, etc. with features like access/permission to secure or limit particular data. It is possible to manage data remotely and share it securely.

Cons

Can collaborate with more ticket management tools like JIRA, MS Projects

Reasons for choosing Box

Reliable and widely used by almost all industries for cloud storage and online assets management

Reasons for switching to Box

Collaborative approach & latest digital assets management features

December 2022

Awsome product for the money

in total, all of my colleagues are really satisfied that's why even we're using Microsoft we haven't used its feature for file management.

Pros

This product is awesome for companies who need to have a reliable, safe place for their documents, I can count some of its great features compared to the competitors:1.easy use and great way of sharing both internally and externally2.having the online editor which holds the history of files (Word, PowerPoint, etc) which makes extremely helpful for troubleshooting.3.it has great reports that you can see your last status easily.4.it can be integrated easily to your existing single sign-on solutions like okta which makes it even more powerful.5.great collaboration ability and security features.

Cons

We were trying to use the Box sign feature, however after investigation we found out it doesn't have some of our legal requirments.

Reasons for switching to Box

the management and maintenance of that product was hard for our company size.

December 2022

Amazing cloud storages and easilly accessibilities of files.

Its excellent for use as its not a must to have box account to access storage fils.Its secure for data storage.data storage is free and data can be accessed from anywhere always.

Pros

Users dont need to sign in their box accounts to access the shared files.makes it easy for files sharing with external parties.its very secure in files storages,its amazing in use.

Cons

The fact that it does not interfrate well with otger applications.its does not work well as other cloud storage softwares.its diadvantagrous to users as they need more.

Reasons for choosing Box

Its easy to use and we wanted to consider external user without accouts.

December 2022

Good alternative to cloud storage

I have benefited a lot from transferring my work with this tool. I hope to make offers

Pros

Real-time file syncing across all linked devices and accounts is truly amazing

Cons

The price is a bit high / make offers PLZ

Reasons for switching to Box

The management of the company is the one who made the change, and we changed with it HAHAHA

Felix

Box Review: A Project Manager's Perspective

Overall, while Box has many strengths as a file sharing and content management platform, the limited free plan, complexity, high price, and security concerns are all points that give me pause as a project manager.

Pros

Its simple and intuitive interface, which makes it easy to upload, share, and manage files and documents. The platform also offers a range of collaboration features, such as real-time editing and commenting. Box offers a variety of tools for managing and organizing content, including document previewing, version control, and user access controls.

Cons

As a project manager, I have some concerns about using Box for our team's file sharing and content management needs. One issue that I have is the limited free plan. While I appreciate that Box offers a free version of the platform, the limitations on the amount of storage and the number of users we can invite to collaborate could be a drawback for our team, which needs to manage a large volume of content and has a larger team.Another concern I have is the complexity of the platform. While Box does offer a wide range of features, I'm worried that it might be difficult to set up and use, especially for team members who are new to content management software. The learning curve could be steep, and I'm concerned that it might take a lot of time and effort to get everyone up to speed.The price of Box is also a concern for me. As a premium product, it can be expensive compared to other file sharing and content management tools on the market. This could be a significant investment for our team, and I'm not sure if it's a cost we can justify.Finally, I have some security concerns about using Box. While the platform does offer a range of security features, such as encryption and access controls, I've heard reports of data breaches and unauthorized access to accounts. As a project manager, it's my responsibility to protect our team's sensitive data, and I'm not sure if Box is the right choice for that.

Swapnil

Industry: Investment Banking

January 2023

Best Collaboration and file share cloud management tool.

My overall experience is good with respect to file sharing and the accessibility from multiple application and with the well desired approach.

Pros

As a user of the product I am using this from last years and my experience is good.1. Better integration - Easy to integrate with the different application like MS Teams and all.2. Can able to work in better collaboration approach which helps to manage the product cycle desired manner.3. Provide best security to the shared document which helps to manage and complete the security concern.

Cons

There are few points under this like :1. User interface is bet complex and can be more simpler.2. Observe delay in most of the time to reflect the changed and update while working with larger team.3. Costing is more and will impact the project mitigation.

Really Not That Good

For the one feature we needed (file upload integration to a website that was secure), it worked. Most of the other features they offer were clunky when compared to other softwares on the market.

Pros

It provided a solution to integrate file uploading to a website for a specific operation we needed.

Cons

Cumbersome, clunky and just not as good as most of the other software on the market, in our opinion.

Excellent document storage & management

Box empowered us to build a robust document repository that makes it simple for anyone on our team to find the files they're looking for.

Pros

Box has made our lives a million times easier by empowering us to store, organize, and share files of all types. We save our company assets, photos, Microsoft Word/Powerpoint/Excel docs, PDFs, etc in various folders. We love the ability to tag files so we can find them easily. The document sharing features are excellent. I especially like the preview feature (it's much better than Google Drive's preview option).

Cons

My biggest complaint about Box isn't Box's fault – it's my company's settings. My company chose to have shared file links expire after about 30 days, which is a pain in the neck sometimes.

Reasons for choosing Box

Box was superior in how files were stored & shared.

Reasons for switching to Box

Box has a superior interface for storing & previewing non-Google files (ex. Microsoft Powerpoints).

August 2022

Smooth and feature-rich

I use Box to backup and sync shared projects. I appreciate the fact that my contacts can set up a fully-functional Box account for free, something that makes it considerably easier to bring them on board. The interface is intuitive and easy to use, so you get started in a few minutes and then are good to go. The web interface helps you learn about collaboration features that make your work more productive.

Pros

While most of the time I just use Box as a way to backup and share files on the cloud, I have occasionally used its collaboration features and I find them amazing. Team members can exchange messages, views, links regarding a document that is being drafted. Some of these functions were gradually added to productivity softwares like Office, but you are bound to use OneDrive to have them (and I don't want to be captured by a specific cloud storage provider).

Cons

The desktop client has had occasional crashes from time to time, but I am unsure whether this may depend on my side (e.g., Windows updates that need some days to be "digested" by the Box software). Overall, I find this product stable and reliable. In my limited experience, I cannot think of any major feature that is not already included.

Reasons for choosing Box

OneDrive is powerful but rigid, e.g., your path and file name may not exceed 250 characters, which may be an issue when you work on complex projects with lots of materials.

Reasons for switching to Box

Sugarsync has poor technical assistance and is not entirely worth its subscription fee.

Good Free Version but expensive Business options

Storing documents in the cloud as a back-up solution, sharing documents with collaborators and clients.

Pros

Uploads and downloads are fast, sharing files or folders is easy, as an editor or viewer, and it is easy to use.

Cons

The Business options are expensive for small businesses since they require you to purchase multiple licenses, not only one. If you get the Individual license you are not GDPR compliant, thus it turns out to be expensive for SMEs.

Reasons for choosing Box

OneDrive is connected with my Office 365 subscription and I might lose my documents if I switch account. Dropbox has some document conflicts and uploads are extremely slow with DSL.

Reasons for switching to Box

Uploads/Downloads are faster than the Dropbox paid Business Account and you avoid document conflicts you have with Dropbox. BOX is much better in that case.

Jolie

Industry: Wholesale

Organized and accessible

Box allows us to work collaboratively with teammates all over the world, both inside and outside our organization. The workflow is very smooth and we are able to make live updates to documents we work with regularly. The experience has been very positive and a big improvement over what we were using previously

Pros

Box has great storage capacity and many useful tools for editing and syncing items. It's a very flexible, scalable tool

Cons

We rely on Box so much that on the few occasions that it has gone down temporarily, we have been stuck until it's come back online. The good news is that this has happened only once or twice in 3+ years.

Reasons for switching to Box

Cleaner interface, better user experience, more reliable & capable

Kalina

Very straightforward

I use Box Sync pretty much for two purposes, though perhaps they're not the target use cases the developers had in mind! 1) I use it to send files to myself between computers. I have a desktop and a laptop, and it's a convenient way to share large files between the two. For small files, I often use email, but that has size limits. With Box, I can just upload a file on my laptop, then immediately go to my Desktop and download it. Easy peasy! It's even more convenient than using a flash drive. 2) I use it for sharing collaborative files, i.e. PowerPoint presentations that I'm giving with multiple presenters. It's not perfect, but it's the best way that I've found for keeping large PPTs, with multiple presenters, in sync (when I want to use PowerPoint and not Google Slides). I coordinate with the other people so that only one of us is working at a time, and when the one person is done and their changes are uploaded, the next person can take a turn at making edits. PowerPoint does have "auto-sync" functionality but I've found that using this Box method is even better!

Pros

The software is very straightforward to use. It's a simple interface. In its most basic form, it's just a place you can upload, download, and share files. If you are a (slightly) more advanced user, you can set up "Box Sync" so that a folder on your computer automatically syncs with Box. This is awesome to use as an automatic backup!

Cons

There's not much to dislike, but if I had to nitpick, it takes too menu menus and clicks to do things like (1) delete a file, (2) share a file, and (3) sync a file/folder. These are pretty much the only three things that I ever want to do, but they are hidden behind like 3-4 clicks and menu options.

Reasons for switching to Box

I made the switch because my work provides free Box accounts to employees. It's a very similar concept to Dropbox, I don't think I would have made the switch by myself, and I honestly don't think there is much difference between the two products.

CK