• Pros

• "The ability to share images and have a record of dialogue all in one spot."

• "Integration within the company and buy in from our customers was instant! "

• "Pretty easy to use and allows me to have a single place for my clients to touch base and ask questions"

• Cons

• "No tagging. #1 Poor notifications. App glitches Inability to set it up for my clients remotely Only works on mobile User interface could be better"

• "Calendar has its limitations. Still learning more about it."

• "Adding docs is a bit cumbersome. Getting better with dropbox, but I couldn't get drop box to work yesterday."

Browse BuildBook Reviews

Geoff from Creative Professional Remodeling

Useful and Intuitive Project Management App

This has been a great product and we are just recently fully implementing it. We are impressed with not only the current features, but all the updates the Buildbook team constantly rolls out.

Pros

I love the quick integration with Dropbox for uploading files. Our systems have heavily been based over the last 3 years on a grab and go of files in Dropbox for my team. The software acts as a great holding for those, as well providing an intuitive communication platform both internally with my team and externally with our clients.

Cons

This software is relatively new and because of that they are constantly making it better. At the moment, the only little weakness that currently affects our team "divide and conquer" approach to numerous types of lists. Whether it be punch lists, or product selection, I would love the ability to assign the tasks to multiple people and then have an acknowledgement of who checked it off (for accountability).

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

Buildbook was seemingly more intuitive.

Rilee from Bouwkmap Builders Inc

Build Book Review

I think our initial on boarding process overall went very well for us. Again, the BuildBook team was extremely responsive.

Pros

I like the social media feel of the application which make its easy to use and easy to follow. When something does need to be reviewed or looked back upon, it's still easy to go back and find a picture or document that I'm looking for.

Cons

Like any other app, there are bugs that cause some issues in the functionality but the Build Book team was super responsive and pushed out new updates very quickly.

Daniel from Emmett Leo Homes

Sleek, but not there yet

I used this hoping to have a functional communication platform for me, my clients, and my subtrades. Instead, I got an expensive way to post pictures and an annoying app that sometimes doesn't work, and lacks any real communication guts Without being able to tag people to get their attention, then it's really not that great.

Pros

The branding is great, and it's an easy sell to customers. The customer support is easy and they get back to you right away.

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

It was sold as a fast paced, easy to use communication platform that my clients could see easy updates, and that I could create seperate groups to guide and maintain my clients and my subtrades all on one places.

Ryan from Fidelis Remodeling Group

The idea to have all communications flow into one app is simple, yet very efficient. In collaboration with our processes that were in already in place, the implementation of BuildBook has increased our productivity, which means increased our bottom line. All while satisfying the customer with no added expenses directed toward them.

Pros

Given multiple features to disperse to our internal team and our clients, BuildBook has proven to be well worth the investment. We have had nothing but positive feedback from our clients and the designers that we work with. They love the daily update posts that we require, which describes the work that was done that day and what is on tap for the next. The option to embed photos into your posts have made change orders easier to document and gain acceptance. The documents tab has all of the necessary information that the crews in the field need to efficiently complete the project.

Cons

There are no dire needs throughout the platform. The only suggestion would be have a spreadsheet option in the documents tab that would allow all parties, or selected few, to edit right there in BuildBook. I have noticed that the older clients are not as willing or able to adapt to the learning curve of the app.

Bob from Endless Kitchen and Bath Inc

Fantastic project tracking tool

The whole idea of this app is being able to improve communication between team members and our customers. Being able to see the multiple projects, see its status, communicate solutions, and answer customer’s questions. The idea extends to the team that created the app, the team at Buildbook. If there’s one thing I can say about them, its that they have excellent communication and customer service!

Pros

Being able to see progress on every project, and directly communicate and comment on individual project posts along with the home owner/customer

Cons

Still a few bugs here and there. One of the more consistent bugs is our team will run into problems uploading photos. But the Buildbook team is so responsive and prompt to address our feedback and squash those bugs. Even our feedback regarding certain requests to improve the user interface gets addressed!

Brady from Brady Colt Custom Homes

Brady Colt Custom Homes

Clients love it, employees find it to be a very useful tool, and I am more organized because of it.

Pros

Integration within the company and buy in from our customers was instant!

Cons

Some of the initial lingo was difficult to grasp at first

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

Price and speed of integration

Noah from The Heritage Housewrights Company

Build book has transformed our client relationships

Customer service is always fantastic! Our clients are appreciative of the software and it seems to make our projects that much smoother.

Pros

I really like that all our communications with each client is in one place. No more sorting through emails or texts.

Cons

It took a little while to get used to the way you needed to upload documents.

Christina from Vero Home

Life Saver for our Small Construction Company

We’ve loved everything from our experience talking with the guys about what it could do, before we even bought it, to implementing it with our clients, getting certain subs on board with it, and knowing we’ve got a great support team behind the product as well. It’s absolutely been a life saver on this latest remodel, and I’m not sure how we did the previous ones without it?!

Pros

This makes communicating with our clients SO MUCH EASIER! We love love that everything is in one place, documented, with easy access to conversations, pictures, videos, any needed info we put in, etc. And being able to do this for each project without losing important conversations or endlessly reorganizing our inboxes is wonderful.

Cons

As always, when you get into a product early you may find a few small glitches or ways the app can work more optimally, but the customer service has been wonderful and we know those little things like a photo/video not uploading immediately are getting worked out Quickly.

John from StrongTower Woodworks

BuildBook Review

BuildBook’s customer service has been outstanding. They’ve been very accessible and responsive to my questions. They truly understand the construction business. I am really looking forward to see what they develop next!

Pros

I really like that most of my communication with clients is now handled through BuildBook. I use it for anything I can think of-product selection, jobsite photo updates, sharing of ideas, checklists...there’s so many possibilities. I use it for prospective clients during the sales process, too. And now that there are separate work rooms within each project, I’m able to share sensitive information with my subcontractors.

Cons

I met some resistance from my subcontractors when I started using BuildBook. I’ve tried to make it clear that this is StrongTower Woodworks’ method of communication. Some have adapted well, others haven’t. I can’t say that this is really a BuildBook problem, though.

Kate from Interior Enhancements

Full Service Collaboration Tool

Loved it! It was like Instagram for your house build or remodel project, keeping everyone interested and looking forward to the next step. The ability to see and comment in real time was motivating. It kept what can seem like a never ending process for my clients, more exciting. THANK YOU BUILDBOOK!

Pros

The fact that we could all be on the same page in real time was invaluable, between builder, designer, and customer. The ability to convey communication by text, photos, and documents was super helpful. Can’t imagine doing another remodel without it. Our customer loved it too!

Cons

The only thing I found a little frustrating was trying to update a selection sheet for my builder. One that I could update with text, not handwriting, but I think it’s not actually a BuildBook issue. It has to do with the type of file uploaded originally. And it honestly didn’t slow us down any!

catherine from Paycor

A great idea that has a few kinks

A solid "B-" with the potential to be an "A" experience with some UX work and some platform thought. Keep working on it, because I think it could be a really great app/tool!

Pros

Terrific way for homeowners and contractors to share information on projects, ask questions and generally collect all documents, photos, and all documents in one place, taking it out of email and creating a shared space to use throughout the project.

Cons

It feels like there are still some bugs to work out.... - can't access it on my computer at work (only though my phone (Android) and iPad) - logs me out all the time forcing me to enter my email and password every time I access the app - sometimes couldn't see videos on my Android phone, but could see them on my iPad - the UX is a bit clunky, taking me multiple clicks to get to new additions or comments

Bryan from Artisan Built, LLC

Good tool!

I think it a good platform that is continually getting better. Will definitely continue to use it.

Cons

Jason from High Country Renovators Inc.

BUILDBOOK REVIEW

So far we are just using it for pictures and some documents. We are not using it to its full potential yet but plan on working through it. Like everything there is a learning curve.

Pros

I like the fact that we have a place to keep all the jobsite progress photos with the portfolios so all people involved can see them.

Cons

No Scheduling feature directly related to the APP

Ease of use, good deal. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Sevy from Fidelis Remodeling group

Love it

I personally love build book because it gives one place to track conversations, communicate with co workers and customers alike. Plus it makes the business look more professional and put together.

Pros

I love the ease of use especially when it comes to communicating with customers. Plus it keeps it all in one place.

Cons

I dont know if this is an issue with my phone itself or the app and my Samsung, but it always makes me log in again when I'm not using and go to use it again. Every single time. Frustrating but I've gotten used to it.

Amos from Brener Construction Inc.

BuildBook is amazing!

Pros

This app assists in streamlining daily tasky and information with our team.

Cons

It is not really applicable at this time.

Andrea from The Bright Peacock Design Studio

Great Platform for increasing communication with clients

Communication is much more fluid and accurate between client, builder and designer. No more copying a million folks on emails or group texts.

Pros

The ability to share images and have a record of dialogue all in one spot.

Cons

I wish I could have all the functionality on my PC, not just my phone. I think this is coming soon....

Heidi from Bouwkamp Builders

Great Product!

Great tool for better communication between field and office.

Pros

Excellent asset in communication between project managers and office staff on construction projects progress and extras.

Cons

I would love to see receipt tracking added.

Scott from Bouwkamp Builders

Buildbook was a great switch.

Keeps great organization between members of our team.

Pros

Wonderful Picture capability for filing.

Cons

Calendar has its limitations. Still learning more about it.

Alecia from Love Of Function

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Interior designer working remotely with contractors

I've been enjoying exploring the possibilities and tinkering with this app. I recently worked on my very first project with a contractor across the country and even though I've never spoken directly to his client, I was able to revise her drawing based on feedback she gave in build book. She also seems to enjoy that interaction. Otherwise, there would have been numerous back and forth emails with John (the contractor) forwarding and replying all, and it would have been so convoluted. I know my scores weren't very high on this survey. I can see that you are working hard on the app, and I'm certain if you ask me again in 6 months, these scores will be greatly improved. Keep up the good work!

Pros

I like being able to upload a file (a drawing) and have the feedback come to one place we can all see.

Cons

When it says I have notifications, it is often difficult to track down where they are. I think I would rather see all the files arranged like files on a desktop, each one showing it's own notifications. The feed style is difficult to sift through and the order is always changing to the most recently used (I think), so you always have to hunt for that file the next time you want to view it. Also... I really want a desktop version!

Tara from North Bay Bookkeeping Services

Finally... an easy way to keep all project stakeholders in the loop

Pros

I love the open communication BuildBook provides. BuildBook connects the field, the office, and the owners in a way that's easy, efficient and modern without a huge learning curve or investment. I support multiple GCs and trade contractors, and I see BuildBook as a game-changer in my bookkeeping practice.

Cons

I'm hoping full functionality will be coming to PC soon.