• Pros

• "The company is growing rapidly and I am excited to see the future software developments from BuildBook. I would recommend BuildBook to any residential builder looking to systemize their company."

• "So far, I am a fan and would highly recommend giving this software a try."

• "When I first looked into it I was happy to have a product that was easy for tracking leads and providing a project tool for our employees."

• Cons

• "Some of the initial lingo was difficult to grasp at first."

• "Inability to set it up for my clients remotely."

• "When it says I have notifications, it is often difficult to track down where they are."

Browse BuildBook Reviews

Cody from C.K. Jones Developers

Best Bang for your Buck Construction Management Software

BuildBook has a small company feel, they are there to help their customers, customer service is the best I have experienced.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use. There is no better software for the money. It is not busy and cluttered like its more expensive competitors, it has everything you need, nothing that you don't. The company is growing rapidly and I am excited to see the future software developments from BuildBook. I would recommend BuildBook to any residential builder looking to systemize their company.

Cons

It is a relatively new product that is rapidly growing, there will be features you with it had, though they are few. BuildBook will continue to improve, and I look forward to future developments.

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

Cost, BuilderTREND is expensive, and too difficult for most people to manage.

Reasons for Switching to BuildBook

$. CoConstruct was too expensive for us to justify, and hard for my superintendents to use. With BuildBook anyone can jump in and easily navigate the program. CoConstruct has its place, but as a builder closing <20 homes a year, it was not a good fit for me.

Rilee from Bouwkmap Builders Inc

Build Book Review

I think our initial on boarding process overall went very well for us. Again, the BuildBook team was extremely responsive.

Pros

I like the social media feel of the application which make its easy to use and easy to follow. When something does need to be reviewed or looked back upon, it's still easy to go back and find a picture or document that I'm looking for.

Cons

Like any other app, there are bugs that cause some issues in the functionality but the Build Book team was super responsive and pushed out new updates very quickly.

Reasons for Switching to BuildBook

Pricing was a factor after realizing we weren't using it for it's full functionality. Build Book is a simpler application to use and we currently use all of it's features (this is a great thing).

Chris from Kerby Custom Renovations

Initial thoughts

Good. The people seem great. I do believe they will work the issues and help to create product that is in tune with the current market needs.

Pros

Cons

The inability to turn a won lead into a project. It’s redundant to have to take the notes from the lead and redo them once a project is won.

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

I was initially impressed. I believed BuildBook to be a solution for job and lead tracking and it seemed to be easy to use. However, as we have moved forward the initial wow factor has slowly dwindled because of the redundancy.

Reasons for Switching to BuildBook

MaintainX didn’t have any lead tracking capabilities however for project management features, such as the ability to creat work order, processes, and templates for procedures, it was better.

Geoff from Revel Design|Build

Complete Construction Management Software

We are able to communicate with our clients who are offsite much more clearly as a team. It's really improved our overall client-contractor relationship.

Pros

I love how easy it is to integrate our current utilization of dropbox with Buildbook. As a team, we love being able to track our jobs together, and share our daily progress with each other. The best part of Buildbook though is their incredibly helpful their customer service. They walk through any and every issue and address it promptly and they are always there to help!

Cons

The only challenging component we have found with this software is utilizing older phones. However, this is not unique to only this software, as it is a challenge for every developer.

Elisabeth from Harvard Homes

Hopeful for easy, one-stop project management

Pros

I am really looking forward to the 2nd version of this software for the project tracking and UI client management of information

Cons

The current features are not robust enough for me to get excited. As a small, but mighty organized group the functions don't provide enough management for what we are currently using

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

BuilderTrend was TOO robust. Felt like a race horse that needed a full time jockey. I am looking for one singular, easy to use place to communicate with my team and the client.

Tom from Creative Professional Remodeling

Great tool to track project progress!

Great product for communication between owner, manager, employees, clients, and subcontractors!

Pros

We use this tool primarily to track job progress internally as well as with clientele. We use this software daily, whether it is creating task lists to be completed or post pictures and captions, and we love that we are able to post these progress updates to enhance internal scheduling as well as keep the client updated throughout the process. That being said, the communication capability with all parties is what we love most!

Cons

The to-do lists and tasks seem difficult to create, and I wasn’t aware of several other features prior to taking this questionnaire. Perhaps a tutorial or help guide would be useful in lieu of the chat option. Also, previously I had issues uploading multiple pictures and getting posts to create/post, but that seems to have been improved in the most recent update.

Bob from Endless Kitchen and Bath Inc

Fantastic project tracking tool

The whole idea of this app is being able to improve communication between team members and our customers. Being able to see the multiple projects, see its status, communicate solutions, and answer customer’s questions. The idea extends to the team that created the app, the team at Buildbook. If there’s one thing I can say about them, its that they have excellent communication and customer service!

Pros

Being able to see progress on every project, and directly communicate and comment on individual project posts along with the home owner/customer

Cons

Still a few bugs here and there. One of the more consistent bugs is our team will run into problems uploading photos. But the Buildbook team is so responsive and prompt to address our feedback and squash those bugs. Even our feedback regarding certain requests to improve the user interface gets addressed!

Ryan from Dyrssen Construction

Software that bridges the gaps

The customer service is phenomenal, they are always asking me what features they can implement to make BuildBook better suit managing the company.

Pros

BuildBook has a very easy interface that is easily used by my team. They have everything you need in 1 organized location with many options to improve efficiency on the management side of the business.

Cons

The schedule display could be improved when using it on a cell phone. Would like to see a calendar view of how the current and scheduled jobs fit together, but I believe that is being discussed.

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

BuildBook offers a user friendly interface that was much easier to use and implement. The customer service is second to none.

Matt from Beverlin LLC

Great software, helped our systems so much!

We've loved having something to keep us organized, keep our subcontractors in the loop, and keep our clients happy. They know the schedule, what is expected of them, and when they need to have decisions done. That has helped me be able to spend my time working on other things instead of putting out fires all day!

Pros

Pros: -All in one place -Keeps communication confusion at a minimum because it keeps things streamlined -Provides a great view of the entire build process -Love the ease of keeping track of things...even helps me as the builder see things as the big picture and help break it down for customers. -I love the notifications that have been added

Cons

It's pretty user friendly but I needed to work through all the different aspects of it to see how we could utilize it best. The chat feature is great, but sometimes doesn't work. The scrolling doesn't work the best on the app version and sometimes the selections section is cery slow to add and save information. Fixes seem to make things better and better though!

Jared from Banner Built

BuildBook, great app progressing to perfection

I have had a overall wonderful experience with this software and the team behind it. I see this becoming one of the industry leaders and they are growing in that direction everyday.

Pros

Clean software that is user friendly. has the right features that i need with out the fluff of similar construction project management software. you can't beat the amazing customer support and they are always looking for feedback on how to improve the software.

Cons

not really any cons, it is just a newer software and they are working everyday to make it better and work out any issues a user might come across.

Ryan from Fidelis Remodeling Group

The idea to have all communications flow into one app is simple, yet very efficient. In collaboration with our processes that were in already in place, the implementation of BuildBook has increased our productivity, which means increased our bottom line. All while satisfying the customer with no added expenses directed toward them.

Pros

Given multiple features to disperse to our internal team and our clients, BuildBook has proven to be well worth the investment. We have had nothing but positive feedback from our clients and the designers that we work with. They love the daily update posts that we require, which describes the work that was done that day and what is on tap for the next. The option to embed photos into your posts have made change orders easier to document and gain acceptance. The documents tab has all of the necessary information that the crews in the field need to efficiently complete the project.

Cons

There are no dire needs throughout the platform. The only suggestion would be have a spreadsheet option in the documents tab that would allow all parties, or selected few, to edit right there in BuildBook. I have noticed that the older clients are not as willing or able to adapt to the learning curve of the app.

Tyler from Reagan Design and Construction

9 out of 10

Pros

The user friendly software, great interface

Cons

A lot of scrolling to find post, takes a while to open sometimes

Company decision

Brady from Brady Colt Custom Homes

Brady Colt Custom Homes

Clients love it, employees find it to be a very useful tool, and I am more organized because of it.

Pros

Integration within the company and buy in from our customers was instant!

Cons

Some of the initial lingo was difficult to grasp at first

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

Price and speed of integration

Jenni from Designing Nashville

Less stress more productivity....

Pros

It's like having a mobile electronic filing cabinet for each project. Everything I need is right on my cellphone in the app, from punch lists to the homeowner's paint color choices. It makes things so much more organized and thorough. My favorite feature is that the app allows me to tag and search through multiple posts to find what I am looking for. Before, I had to run searches through my thousands of emails and weed out which ones were for this job/client. I have just started using the new portfolio feature, which has allowed me to organized daily photos into "collections" then I can choose the best ones to transfer over to my portfolio. So far, I am a fan and would highly recommend giving this software a try.

Cons

It's difficult to get others in the habit of using it. Even subcontractors.

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

It solves different problems than the competition and BuildBook focused on what mattered to me. I'm not looking to run my entire business from one piece of software. Also, the other choices had too many features, which for me, makes it hard to understand and use. I am looking to simplify and streamline with systems that promote quality and efficiency in my business, and BuildBook offered this. Also cost, after doing some research there was a greater value for the money.

Noah from The Heritage Housewrights Company

Build book has transformed our client relationships

Customer service is always fantastic! Our clients are appreciative of the software and it seems to make our projects that much smoother.

Pros

I really like that all our communications with each client is in one place. No more sorting through emails or texts.

Cons

It took a little while to get used to the way you needed to upload documents.

Mostly cost.

Christina from Vero Home

Life Saver for our Small Construction Company

We’ve loved everything from our experience talking with the guys about what it could do, before we even bought it, to implementing it with our clients, getting certain subs on board with it, and knowing we’ve got a great support team behind the product as well. It’s absolutely been a life saver on this latest remodel, and I’m not sure how we did the previous ones without it?!

Pros

This makes communicating with our clients SO MUCH EASIER! We love love that everything is in one place, documented, with easy access to conversations, pictures, videos, any needed info we put in, etc. And being able to do this for each project without losing important conversations or endlessly reorganizing our inboxes is wonderful.

Cons

As always, when you get into a product early you may find a few small glitches or ways the app can work more optimally, but the customer service has been wonderful and we know those little things like a photo/video not uploading immediately are getting worked out Quickly.

John from StrongTower Woodworks

BuildBook Review

BuildBook’s customer service has been outstanding. They’ve been very accessible and responsive to my questions. They truly understand the construction business. I am really looking forward to see what they develop next!

Pros

I really like that most of my communication with clients is now handled through BuildBook. I use it for anything I can think of-product selection, jobsite photo updates, sharing of ideas, checklists...there’s so many possibilities. I use it for prospective clients during the sales process, too. And now that there are separate work rooms within each project, I’m able to share sensitive information with my subcontractors.

Cons

I met some resistance from my subcontractors when I started using BuildBook. I’ve tried to make it clear that this is StrongTower Woodworks’ method of communication. Some have adapted well, others haven’t. I can’t say that this is really a BuildBook problem, though.

Kate from Interior Enhancements

Full Service Collaboration Tool

Loved it! It was like Instagram for your house build or remodel project, keeping everyone interested and looking forward to the next step. The ability to see and comment in real time was motivating. It kept what can seem like a never ending process for my clients, more exciting. THANK YOU BUILDBOOK!

Pros

The fact that we could all be on the same page in real time was invaluable, between builder, designer, and customer. The ability to convey communication by text, photos, and documents was super helpful. Can’t imagine doing another remodel without it. Our customer loved it too!

Cons

The only thing I found a little frustrating was trying to update a selection sheet for my builder. One that I could update with text, not handwriting, but I think it’s not actually a BuildBook issue. It has to do with the type of file uploaded originally. And it honestly didn’t slow us down any!

catherine from Paycor

A great idea that has a few kinks

A solid "B-" with the potential to be an "A" experience with some UX work and some platform thought. Keep working on it, because I think it could be a really great app/tool!

Pros

Terrific way for homeowners and contractors to share information on projects, ask questions and generally collect all documents, photos, and all documents in one place, taking it out of email and creating a shared space to use throughout the project.

Cons

It feels like there are still some bugs to work out.... - can't access it on my computer at work (only though my phone (Android) and iPad) - logs me out all the time forcing me to enter my email and password every time I access the app - sometimes couldn't see videos on my Android phone, but could see them on my iPad - the UX is a bit clunky, taking me multiple clicks to get to new additions or comments

Bryan from Artisan Built, LLC

Good tool!

I think it a good platform that is continually getting better. Will definitely continue to use it.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and allows me to have a single place for my clients to touch base and ask questions

Cons

Adding docs is a bit cumbersome. Getting better with dropbox, but I couldn't get drop box to work yesterday.

Jason from High Country Renovators Inc.

BUILDBOOK REVIEW

So far we are just using it for pictures and some documents. We are not using it to its full potential yet but plan on working through it. Like everything there is a learning curve.

Pros

I like the fact that we have a place to keep all the jobsite progress photos with the portfolios so all people involved can see them.

Cons

No Scheduling feature directly related to the APP

Ease of use, good deal. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reasons for Switching to BuildBook

Don't have time to learn everything about Builder Trend and too pricey.

Sevy from Fidelis Remodeling group

Love it

I personally love build book because it gives one place to track conversations, communicate with co workers and customers alike. Plus it makes the business look more professional and put together.

Pros

I love the ease of use especially when it comes to communicating with customers. Plus it keeps it all in one place.

Cons

I dont know if this is an issue with my phone itself or the app and my Samsung, but it always makes me log in again when I'm not using and go to use it again. Every single time. Frustrating but I've gotten used to it.

Aaron from New life Homes

It’s all about the details

Overall I like the software it makes it easy to track progress

Pros

Overall what I like most is the ability to log details and the that everyone on the team can review those details daily

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about the software is about 80% of the time it takes several minutes or even hours to upload and sometimes it will just drop out and not upload anything at all and I will have to reload pictures and details multiple times

Reasons for Switching to BuildBook

It was a much better format for us to track project

Colin from Vero Home

Perfect for growing Contractors!

We’ve loved Buildbook, the simplicity of the app as well as the added features that just keep making it an easy to use value-add for our company.

Pros

Build back allows us to have a one place to keep all of our client communications, selections, pictures, and more! No more digging through texts and emails, or relying on what anyone “thinks was said”, or having to repeat the conversation. It’s all in the app, organized by project.

Cons

Can’t think of anything offhand- they’ve continued to upgrade!

Amos from Brener Construction Inc.

BuildBook is amazing!

Pros

This app assists in streamlining daily tasky and information with our team.

Cons

It is not really applicable at this time.

Andrea from The Bright Peacock Design Studio

Great Platform for increasing communication with clients

Communication is much more fluid and accurate between client, builder and designer. No more copying a million folks on emails or group texts.

Pros

The ability to share images and have a record of dialogue all in one spot.

Cons

I wish I could have all the functionality on my PC, not just my phone. I think this is coming soon....

Response from BuildBook

Replied February 2021

Update: BuildBook is now multi-platform and available on both mobile and PC, so it can be easily accessed and used both in the office and out on the job site.

Tim from Tigerdog-builders llc

Construction Supervisor

Good more to come

Pros

Layout and scheduling of construction projects and crews.

Cons

The fact I have to log in every time and cannot stay logged in or use Face ID. That needs to be fixed.

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

Looking at a different way to manage construction.

Reasons for Switching to BuildBook

My GC wanted to try something new but the cost is a bit much. Should have yearly price at a discount for cash up front.

Daniel from Emmett Leo Homes

Sleek, but not there yet

I used this hoping to have a functional communication platform for me, my clients, and my subtrades. Instead, I got an expensive way to post pictures and an annoying app that sometimes doesn't work, and lacks any real communication guts Without being able to tag people to get their attention, then it's really not that great.

Pros

The branding is great, and it's an easy sell to customers. The customer support is easy and they get back to you right away.

Cons

No tagging. #1 Poor notifications. App glitches Inability to set it up for my clients remotely Only works on mobile User interface could be better

Reasons for Choosing BuildBook

It was sold as a fast paced, easy to use communication platform that my clients could see easy updates, and that I could create seperate groups to guide and maintain my clients and my subtrades all on one places.

Heidi from Bouwkamp Builders

Great Product!

Great tool for better communication between field and office.

Pros

Excellent asset in communication between project managers and office staff on construction projects progress and extras.

Cons

I would love to see receipt tracking added.

Cost

Bobby from Hansen Design and Construction

Great program with room for growth!

I like it. It’s got room to grow in a crowded space of job flow apps but this one does it well. We are still on the fence about jumping all the way to using it full time but we like the consistent updates and growth we see.

Pros

It’s fairly easy to use and doesn’t take too much time to set up. It integrates nicely with my phone and my crew seems to take to it fairly well. Job tracking is easy enough and setting up scheduling is a nice feature.

Cons

At times it does feel a little clunky in terms of usability. Construction crews like simplicity and easy of use. At times it feels *too* packed with features.

Andrew from Trade Works Remodeling

Good Product, Needs some work

Pros

Super clean and simple user and client interface.

Cons

Schedule design and project management tools could definitely use some work. They are a little too simple for managing multiple projects at once.

Tara from North Bay Bookkeeping Services

Finally... an easy way to keep all project stakeholders in the loop

Pros

I love the open communication BuildBook provides. BuildBook connects the field, the office, and the owners in a way that's easy, efficient and modern without a huge learning curve or investment. I support multiple GCs and trade contractors, and I see BuildBook as a game-changer in my bookkeeping practice.

Cons

I'm hoping full functionality will be coming to PC soon.

Response from BuildBook

Replied February 2021

As we updated in another review, BuildBook is now multi-platform and available on both mobile and PC, so it can be easily accessed and used both in the office and out on the job site.

Scott from Bouwkamp Builders

Buildbook was a great switch.

Keeps great organization between members of our team.

Pros

Wonderful Picture capability for filing.

Cons

Calendar has its limitations. Still learning more about it.

Better Cost

Alecia from Love Of Function

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Interior designer working remotely with contractors

I've been enjoying exploring the possibilities and tinkering with this app. I recently worked on my very first project with a contractor across the country and even though I've never spoken directly to his client, I was able to revise her drawing based on feedback she gave in build book. She also seems to enjoy that interaction. Otherwise, there would have been numerous back and forth emails with John (the contractor) forwarding and replying all, and it would have been so convoluted. I know my scores weren't very high on this survey. I can see that you are working hard on the app, and I'm certain if you ask me again in 6 months, these scores will be greatly improved. Keep up the good work!

Pros

I like being able to upload a file (a drawing) and have the feedback come to one place we can all see.

Cons

When it says I have notifications, it is often difficult to track down where they are. I think I would rather see all the files arranged like files on a desktop, each one showing it's own notifications. The feed style is difficult to sift through and the order is always changing to the most recently used (I think), so you always have to hunt for that file the next time you want to view it. Also... I really want a desktop version!