All ClockShark Reviews

Destyny

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

We love ClockShark

I love ClockShark. We actually had ClockShark in 2019 and left for ADP in 2020… then came back 3 months later because nothing compares to ClockShark.

PROS

I love the customizable tasks, it allows me to run reports based upon locations. This helps us control costs

CONS

Wish it could accommodate different time zones. Use have two separate accounts since were in multiple time zones

Geotracking! It’s my favorite feature

Buffy

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Second time Customer for a Reason!!

I had worked for another similar company and implemented the program there, upon starting with this new company I thought it was worth using again because my experience with ClockShark the first time was amazing. Customer service is unparalleled, if I get stuck I send a message and within minutes someone helps me!! They've even sent me videos explaining how to do things!

PROS

The ease of use and simplicity of the on-screen format make it less overwhelming than other software I've tried. It is easy to present to employees and overall very user friendly. The people that provide service are incredibly helpful and super friendly to me!! There is also no hard sell for anything, I'm hoping to grow the company and when I'm ready for the premium level I know it will be an easy switch but no one has ever tried to convince me I needed more than I have.

CONS

I would like there to be perhaps, a server for picture and video attachments as my techs like this feature the best, being able to upload information this way so that they have it for the future as well as the rest of the team to view. You can attach pictures but the videos have given us a bit of issue and the size of the file allowed is a bit restrictive.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

HouseCall pro was #1 very expensive but it was also way overkill for what our needs were. We are a small company that does invoicing and bookkeeping through QB and I couldn't justify the price. Not to mention, after I cancelled they kept billing me hundreds of dollars and it was a challenge to get it back. Customer service not their #1 priority I guess! After this experience I didn't even want to take a chance with ServiceTitan so opted out after the sales call.

Jeremiah

Reviewed February 2022

Good for 1 job per day work sites, user friendly

User friendly for many things especially adding new jobs to the clock, but as I mentioned before, only good for one job per day shops. And, the base cost per month is put this at a rate much higher than similar programs, especially for small shops.

PROS

Easy to add jobs to the time clock. Job roster is easy to look over with "Hours worked" and "Hours Budgeted" readily available, no having running reports to bill customers.

CONS

Cannot edit employees while they are clocked in the system. Other programs will allow me to fix errors during the day, such as clocked into the wrong job in the morning or missed clocking in when they started working. Editing during the day while the error is fresh allows me to get a head start on payroll and being sure employees are paid for the work they do and that time is billed to the proper job. Base monthly costs put this program at a higher monthly cost than similar programs.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Partner signed up for clock shark without my input. Probably switching back.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Partner signed up for clock shark without my input. Probably switching back.

Hi, Jeremiah! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review, we truly appreciate it. The ability to edit an employee's time while they are clocked in is an excellent suggestion that I would be happy to pass along to our Product Development team. If you have any other ideas on how ClockShark can be improved, please submit them here: http://ideas.clockshark.com/ As for the cost of the monthly base fee, it goes to the following: -5-star rated customer support when you need it -Account implementation and maintenance -Continuing tutorials and training -Ongoing software updates and improvements -And Unlimited data storage If you have any further questions or comments, we'd be happy to hear them!

Replied February 2022

Alessandro

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Excellent Job Management Option

The entire job costing from the software brings a production that is resourceful and reliable.

PROS

ClockShark has a valuable option for cost estimation, and this increases productivity.

CONS

The inclusion of AI in managing expenses has made the application flawless.

Melinda

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

I LOVE ClockShark!!!

Overall I've had a great experience from the start. I found ClockShark online when searching for a timekeeping platform and I researched several. ClockShark seemed like it had every feature I was looking for. When I reached out I was immediately called by a representative that was super sweet and informative. I loved even more that I was able to do a FREE TRIAL! I got to test it out for real, with my employees, and just as I expected we all loved it. So, I knew I had to look no further. You're guided by your own personal team member who's there by your side every step of the way that you can reach out to directly for support and they even randomly check in on you. I was able to do a screen share meeting once where they literally walked me through the site and physically showed me how to do things. It was great! Plus, the website itself has very short, easy videos that you can watch and even have your employees watch to learn how to navigate the site. That is SO GREAT! The fact that they're short and sweet is very appealing because let's be honest, no employee wants to sit and watch a 30-minute video on how to use some new platform their boss is integrating into their daily routine.

PROS

I run a small business that is quickly growing, I handle everything myself from scheduling to payroll. It was becoming such an overwhelming job to keep track of every aspect of my business daily. ClockShark has taken such a weight off my shoulders! Not only does it have literally everything you can ever need to run a company efficiently, but it is also super user friendly!

CONS

Honestly, from using it so much I've found little things here and there that can be tweaked to make certain features even more user friendly, but for the most part, it's right on the money! I haven't come across a feature yet that I haven't liked at all.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

I did view other products but never even considered them because ClockShark checked off every box of my needs!

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

I had to switch from ADP RUN to ADP Total Source once my company started to offer benefits in 2022. Unfortunately, Total Source does not offer GPS tracking for timekeeping and that was a deal-breaker for me so I had to find another product to use. It ended up being a blessing in disguise because ClockShark is sooo much better than RUN ever was.

Ronny

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

If you have anything more than 5 employees, you need ClockShark.

If you're going to ClockShark from a manual timesheet method, you don't realize how much you can truly save by going to ClockShark. Our favorite part of ClockShark is their team. They are VERY awesome to work with - You have NO idea how important they are to us not just from a technical standpoint, but from the standpoint of making our lives easier all around. They have yet to cease to amaze us in their customer service skills, down-to-earth attitudes, and technical skills. [insert Wayne and Garth bowing and saying "we're not worthy! we're not worthy"]

PROS

We've had other systems in the past. While they were great, ClockShark was the most affordable with the most features and support. Their team has never let us down. Additionally, they made the setup effortless.

CONS

The billing of ClockShark is just a little bit confusing when you're adding/removing employees from the system within a given year. It would me nice to show which users were added/removed when showing changes in billing. The use and need of an email address from each employee is limiting whereas if we needed to hire contract workers and log their hours, they would need to have an email address for logging in. This makes it difficult if you have the same person working for two companies using ClockShark.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

The amount of features for the affordable costs, along with the DCMA compliance and the sales and support. It was an all-around win-win situation honestly.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Primarily looking for DCMA compliance, but also looking for a cheaper alternative to Tsheets.

Molly

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Great product

Overall experience has been great. Great price point, great customer service. They are always evolving and that is what keeps us here. They are willing to make adjustments based on the ever change environment and needs of their customers.

PROS

Customer service is beyond fantastic! The team really cares about the feedback and suggestions they receive and do their best to implement as much as they can. The simplicity to the user is great as we have technicians that need things to be quick and simple. Reports have come along way in the past year. They give a lot of information and you are able to customize them a bit more now. Implementation is quick and easy. Works amazingly well with QuickBooks and other similar software.

CONS

There are some changes I would make personally to fit our needs. There isn't any real cons with Clockshark honestly. It does what we need it to do and the things it doesn't are simply requests we'd like to see to fit us better as a company.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

We liked the fact that ClockShark would would seamlessly with QuickBooks and we did not need to change our software completely. It was also the right price point for us with the number of employees we had at the time.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

TSheets was not working back then on a mobile app and it was too complicated for our technicians.

Hi Molly! Thank you for the review. So glad to hear our customer support team was able to help you in the past. That's great that your technicians can get their work completed faster with ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied July 2020

Jessica

Reviewed April 2020

Awesome Product for the Construction Industry

Overall I fee this product is wonderful! It has almost everything that we need for what we do in the Excavation, Demolition & Underground Utilities portion of the Construction industry that we are in. I looked and A LOT of different time keeping products and even used the free trials on a few... I am so happy that I ended up choosing this product in the end!

PROS

I like that this product was easy to set-up and my employees (who have had trouble with other timecard apps in the past) find it very easy to use and understand. I really like all of the customizations that I can do and the reports really help me see where my employee's time is being spent in greater detail. I love all of the different reports that can be accessed. This product definitely has great value for the money! It is exactly what we needed for our construction crews!!

CONS

Trying to figure out which report does what can be a little confusing. I think the better report descriptions and maybe a quick example to look at before choosing/downloading would be beneficial. While there is gps or geolocating, I would find it very useful to have the employees be able to clock in under one job, but have it notify me if they employee clocked in outside of that location for specific job tasks. For example, if I have an employee clocked in under job "A" as "driving" out the job, I know they are outside of the boundaries, however, when the switch tasks to "Laborer" I want to know if they are within a specific radius/boundary for that same job "A". Especially since my employees get paid significantly different between the two tasks... I would like to automatically be notified if they are where they say they are supposed to be for that task.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

The pricing was very high and my employees just couldn't figure out how to use the product correctly.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you LOVE that you can customize your reports and how easy it is to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied May 2020

Reviewed December 2021

Almost perfect for a simple all in one solution

PROS

Easy to use. Clean and simple user interface. Reliable. Have not experienced server downtown whereas we have often with other apps. Employee schedule is very useful especially with being able to see the roster in the Y-axis and the week's days in the X-axis. Customer support is very helpful and fast at responding. Customer support really makes this company/software stand out.

CONS

Better project management features. For example, gantt charts, to-do lists, and template building. Managing job sites is also very difficult past a couple dozen. It would be amazing to bulk edit e.g. select multiple job sites and edit details such as Client information or group them together under a category/group/folder.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

For simplicity. Team working in the field already had familiarity with clocking time on the mobile app.

Devendra Kumar

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2023

"Revolutionize Your Employee Time tracking with ClockShark Software:A Game-Changer for Your Business

In my experience with ClockShark, it has proven to be a popular and efficient time-tracking software for companies that employ remote or mobile workers. The platform is equipped with a wide range of features such as clock-in and out, scheduling, time tracking, and project management tools that are very useful for managers. Additionally, ClockShark can be easily integrated with popular payroll and accounting software like QuickBooks, ADP, and Gusto. Users have reported a positive experience with the user-friendly interface, video tutorials, and knowledge base. However, some users have had challenges with the mobile app's GPS tracking and syncing data. The software also lacks invoicing capabilities, which may be an issue for some businesses. Despite these limitations, ClockShark remains a widely used and effective time-tracking software.

PROS

I can attest to the numerous impactful features that make it a popular choice. The mobile time tracking feature is particularly useful, allowing employees to track their time on the go using their mobile devices. I also appreciate the real-time reporting feature, which enables managers to access up-to-date information on employee time and attendance. Additionally, the vacation/leave tracking feature helps me manage employee time off requests and ensures adequate staffing.What I find most impressive are the product's user-friendly interface and straightforward navigation. ClockShark also provides excellent customer support, with responsive and helpful representatives available to assist with any questions or issues.Integration with existing business processes can vary depending on organizational needs. Nevertheless, ClockShark offers several integrations with popular software platforms like QuickBooks and ADP, which helps to streamline workflows and reduce data entry time.Overall, ClockShark is a comprehensive and dependable time-tracking solution that caters to businesses of all sizes.

CONS

In my experience, some common issues with ClockShark include difficulty with the mobile app, especially when it comes to GPS tracking and syncing data. The integration process can also be challenging, particularly with custom data mappings. Moreover, some users have reported that the software lacks invoicing capabilities, which can be a disadvantage for some businesses.

Randall

Reviewed April 2020

Weekly Payroll Simplified!!!

ClockShark has saved our company $1000's of dollars due to the GPS and Geo Fencing feature. No more milking the clock.

PROS

Ease of use. Being able to add tasks for certain jobs instead of creating a new job for the same property. PTO Feature is really nice, eliminates endless paperwork and phone calls. Accountability, keeps the employees on task.

CONS

Would be nice to have a real time ping feature rather than a 15 minute update.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Price, Features, usability and customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Hello Randall, Thank you for your 5/5 star review. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the many features that ClockShark has to offer, such as the PTO feature. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied April 2020

Reviewed October 2021

easy peasy

PROS

clockshark is by far the easies to set up and use. my employees had no trouble transfering from another software that we were using to clocksharks, it was MUCH easier and user friendly. I love the software and it really has made life easier keeping track of my 30+ employees. I give it a 10 out of 10

CONS

off hand i cant think of any..... i would have to ask my accountant, i do know there is a couple of minor things that i would like to see but my memory fails me right now

Reason for choosing ClockShark

the first time i was given a demo on the software, i knew it was perfect for my company. also the support staff is awsome, when we have a question they readily are there to answer it.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

they became impossible to use, every time my guys would try and log in, it would request passwords that we had set up and then all the sudden none of them would work...it was a night mare and the support that used to be good there became awful.....could not get any solutions to my questions and problems we were having

Nick

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Residential Home Builder / Remodeler

Very satisfied with Clock Shark

PROS

We choose Clock Shark because of the GPS tracking; employees don't get paid if not on the clock and if they are on the clock we can tell exactly where they are and where they went.

CONS

It's a bit glitchy on cheap phones. Often signs your employees out if they leave the geo-fence without switching to a task that allows them to leave the project.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Clock Shark is the only time tracking software that tracks where your employees go while on the clock.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

They could clock in but there was no tracking if they stayed at the job. One day I drove up as one of the guys was driving away to take a lunch break. He was gone for two hours while on the clock. If I had not been there to catch him, he would have gotten away with it. With Clock Shark I know where they went while clocked in.

Dawn

Reviewed June 2023

Happy customer for 4 years

Excellent customer service and the product runs seamlessly the majority of the time.

PROS

The time management is what we like most about ClockShark and the GPS Track. Excellent way to manage employees at multiple locations.

CONS

The PTO feature is good but a bit hard to modify but it does an excellent job banking PTO earned if you live in a State that legislates PTO programs.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

ClockShark had the features we needed and very user friendly to employees that are not in favor of electronics.

Robert

Reviewed June 2023

Nice

PROS

Time tracking and Goe fencing. Nice features

CONS

Converting hours to invoice. Also converting quotes to invoice via mobile devices

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Too complicated for my guys in the field and we're just starting their mobile clocking.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Streets would not work at times

Hi, Robert! Thank you for the review. We'd like to learn more about what issues you're experiencing when using our quotes and invoice feature. Our customer support team may be able to help! Please contact them at hello@clockshark.com.

Replied June 2023

Mario

Reviewed February 2023

Glad we switched!

We needed to switch to another timekeeping company all of a sudden, and I'm glad we chose ClockShark! The clocking in and our process is more direct and streamlined, our employees have started commenting they prefer this to our last product! The staff are great and were incredibly friendly and helpful- [sensitive content hidden] walked me every step of the way, [sensitive content hidden] on the online chat was informative in answering my questions. I look forward to working with our new account manager [sensitive content hidden]!

PROS

Super user-friendly, easy set up, very affordable!! Staff were all helpful and friendly!

CONS

None that I can think of, been very happy with my decision to switch to ClockShark!

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Quick response and friendly service

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Pricing, the limited options in their payment plans and the lack of response from our account manager at a critical time were factors in deciding to switch.

Jem Carlo