What are UDA ConstructionSuite users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using UDA ConstructionSuite software through verified user reviews

• icon"The amount of things it offers and the ability to integrate with my other programs, quickbooks, plan swift."
  • icon"Simplicity and ease of use. Easy to move around in the software."
  • icon"The product support is excellent. There's lots of excellent training videos and great tech support when needed."
  • icon"The schedule transfer between online and the main program is a little difficult to maneuver, especially trying to update the online schedule in the main program, and vice versa, does not work."
  • icon"Software has some glitches at times. I constantly get errors about different formulas having errors when opening estimates."
  • icon"Some printing features were lost in the new version. There's also a loss of decimal places for multipliers in the new estimate version."

Browse all UDA ConstructionSuite Reviews

• Have you used UDA ConstructionSuite and would like to share your experience with others?

Great product

I am pleased with the program, it has given us a more professional look and organizes our estimates in a concise format.

Pros

The fact that it stops me from making mistakes. I had several painful experiences using other software and spreadsheets.

Cons

Having to do takeoffs with another software package like Plan Swift. The estimate should be archived even if deleted, mistakes happen.

Fred

I made a user error that resulted in my need for help.

Better cost controls for more accurate pricing of our products

Pros

The ease of use and great support that UDA offers. We are a small home building company 25 to 35 homes per year. UDA is the right tool for our size of company.

Cons

With a production office in KY (UDA) and a central accounting office in WI (QuickBooks) it causes issues and extra steps that when a PO is created in QuickBooks for a job that PO can longer be seen in KY with UDA only in WI with QuickBooks open

Steven

May 2016

Good Product - Support Fair

Pros

Good product for managing projects. The software can be used for construction projects as it was designed, but can also be used for other projects as it is a good tool for managing projects. From one person operations to small companies this tool can be used as a means to have a good workflow system for managing projects. I have used it for construction but also for environmental consulting. It would be pretty easy for UDA to tweak the software to make it less tied to construction and more general for project management. But all in all it is a well designed and pretty easy to operate project management software.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with ConstructionSuite and UDA is their TotalCare program. It is almost like I have to know the secret handshake. With other software vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Autodesk, Adobe) I can download the software by getting into my account. So if I have to reinstall, which I recently had to do, I had to talk to the UDA folks to get the most recent version (I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in the interim and the version I had saved on my computer was not compatible with Win 10. It took 2 calls to UDA to finally get what I needed. On the other hand when I needed to reinstall my Office Suite all I needed to do was log into my Microsoft account, deactivate the computer Office was associated with, download the latest software, and reinstall. I didn't have to communicate with Microsoft staff at all. Same for my Autocad/Revit software and my Adobe software. That said the last person at UDA, Cydney, took ownership of my issue and in about 5 minutes I had resolved my issue.

Lori

I Love [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Its great.

Pros

He was such a pleasant surprise on the end of the line when I was trying to hold it all together having dealt with an angry computer all day

Cons

Deductive change orders need to have the capacity to effect retention

Scott

February 2016

Construction Suite

Pros

UDA is a great program to manage a project from the first lead contact to the Final inspection, when I have had a glitch or a question on the program total care has been really great with solving the problem or question. I really like the Job management capabilities UDA has the dash board works well and is easy to navigate.

Cons

the proposal writer is probably my least favorite option, I like the concept and how the proposal writer is set up however there is a big learning curve on how you enter it in the estimate portion especially if you pulling it from a assembly or the item data base as far as wording an item as to how it pulls it into the proposal I find I do a lot of editing. Also I wish you could chose to pull in a few columns such as allowances, or options and maybe a few other columns you can see in the estimate view next to the line in the proposal item like you see it in the estimate as it sits now you can only have them grouped in the allowance or option category at the top. I also wish there was a Specification integration button in the estimate, they have great sub contractor specification templates I wish you could modify these and save them to fit your company, so then you could click a button in the estimate and pull the specification up and edit and save it in the job and maybe even attach it to the line item in the estimate in the notes category. This is a big part of a job, the specification could be then sent from the job folder in a email attached to a PPF set of plans and be easily sent out, then some how integrate the returned specification and estimate to the job folder and line item. This would streamline the tracking of all theses items.

Tim

Great Construction Management Software

Pros

We use this software on a daily basis and pass all communications with our project teams and client through it. The Mobile App enhancements have made the program much more usable by various users levels of people which increases the accuracy of the information presented.

Cons

Mobile app is great but we need to be able to modify schedules easily and add users through the mobile app.

ALbert

UDA their people are; Polite, but are only going to do what they want to do, once paid. their rules

None, it is always something, we do Project management, estimating and maybe the online version eradicated some of the difficulties, I would like to think

Pros

Pros - Some versatility, Great looking interface, flexible, their trial is nice.

Cons

Cons- Sluggish, service desk polite, but it is always the client that does not understand. They are always right and their adds reach a little more, than their software was Caple of preforming, I guess they were advertising their hopes & aspirations not their software’s capability. They are definitely money oriented and if you do not have a lease or annual subscription with them.... figure you will be out in the cold with them.

Great Product - Great Support

We have been using UDA ConstructionSuite for over 10 years now and we love it.

Pros

The customization and support for an off the shelf product.

Cons

Is a little cluncky at times but works great overall.

Reasons for choosing UDA ConstructionSuite

Price, Customization, and Customer Service.

great customer service from Katy to move UDA to another computer

Pros

Quickbooks integration is great and it is a good overall software. Would like the cost to be less but is a decent value for the price.

Cons

not online and online product is not as robust. does not integrate to QuickBooks and is missing some other necessary features for us

Curtis

Katy Caswell was very prompt and informative to help in my question

Pros

the unlimited storage of files, the ability to archive files, and easily re activate them, and the app that can be used on smart devices......

Cons

it needs to have an online accessibility to edit files and see changes promptly without having to re upload something

Christine

Synchronizing issues

Had a good discussion today about a possible issue when exporting and importing a project, reviewed concerns and a possible issue with synchronizing. Good conversation and I felt that UDA truly cared.

Pros

Alpha databases, integration with COL

Cons

COL has been clumsy but it getting much easier to use and a little less confusing

Barry

UDA Construction Suite works extremely well 99% of the time

Like any system that has the level of functionality that Construction Suite has there are always going to be occasional "niggles". Customer Support are always extremely polite & professional and today, when I called a couple of times to discuss some minor and one not so minor issue customer, rep was extremely helpful and contrary to what is often the case with support these days, she actually took the time to listen and understand the issues & then helped to resolve every one of them in a timely manner. The most serious of these issues was actually a limitation of QuickBooks and not a Construction Suite issue but all the same this was given the same level of attention and resolved quickly. It makes life so much easier when speaking to someone who genuinely understands the product and is not just reading off a customer service script. UDA provides a fast track to feed issues directly to their development staff. We have been using Construction Suite for several years now and although obviously, it is not a software solution built just for us, it often feels as if it is as it is so versatile. Technology is a huge aspect of our company and a big selling feature to our clients. We could not do what we do without it. I would have rated ease of use as 5 stars; the only reason for giving it 4 is that due to the level of functionality it can take some time to grow in to and learn how best to use the functionality ... but if it were very very easy to use that would probably man a much lower score for features & functionality. I give it a 4 for features as one can always want more.

Pros

Reliability (up time) and functionality are extremely important as well as mirroring how we do business in terms of our estimating & scheduling model.

Cons

Some times the built in application used for creating proposals and other documents can be a bit tricky ... it's kind of like Microsoft Word but the formatting can be a little buggy at times (or perhaps fairer to say a little more prone to user error).

MIchael

Updated Review

Now that we've used Construction Suite for about six months, I wanted to share our experience and explain why I consider it a five star program. We are a small remodeling and cabinet company that specializes in highly individualized projects, with almost all of our design work done in-house. We originally set out to find a replacement for our Excel estimating spreadsheet and to move our scheduling off of a wall calendar. What we've wound up with is an entirely new way of running the business side of things, with all of our contracts and documents, customer management, and job costing being done through Construction Suite now as well as estimating and scheduling. As the owner, I was not expecting to change how I tracked customers (Zoho CRM) or handled job costing (Quickbooks Contractor) but I couldn't be happier now with handling all that information in one place. It has been an easy transition out of our old systems and into Construction Suite by taking things one process at a time; for example we moved estimating over, then contracts and scheduling, etc. and we're now about 90% transitioned. In the other programs we evaluated, I found they seemed to be geared towards general contractors that rely heavily on subcontractors, leaving the estimating side of things with no more utility than our old spreadsheets. Construction Suite's estimating allows us to break down costs into as much or as little detail as we need, and communicate with Quickbooks to track actual cost vs. estimated costs at whatever level of detail we need. For example, we may enter flooring for a project as one item ( a subcontractor's quote) and in the same estimate break down costs for a kitchen island down to each hinge and drawer guide, all in the same estimate. This has been a game changer for us and has cut estimating time down by at least half. Most of all, I can compare each line in the estimate to the actual cost imported from Quickbooks, and know down to the line item if we've made or lost money. If you've tried job costing in Quickbooks, I've felt your pain and I'm here to say there's a better way. There are many more positive things I could elaborate on but I don't want to turn this into a novel, so here's the gist of it: Programs like this can be intimidating, but Construction Suite can be approached as a collection of smaller programs with tiny learning curves. You can treat it as a contacts list to start, then master the calendar, and so on. This worked well for me. Call them. Buy TotalCare and you'll get your money's worth in advice from people who know their stuff. Overall this has been the best single feature of Construction Suite. Good luck with your search, Mike Jungers, Owner New World Contracting

Pros

Depth. For almost every phone call to tech support, there has been a feature already in the program that does what I need. Not that it's a hard program to learn, I've just found it's faster and much more pleasant to call them and let them teach me. Top notch customer service! A bunch more pros, but a small one that I really enjoy is it's pleasant to look at. Well done design team.

Cons

I have had a few cons, such as using assemblies in an estimate, but the version 8 update has addressed literally every small complaint I've had.

March 2013

We are a General Contractor in it's second generation, formed in 1959 by my father. We do both residential and light commercial work, renovation, and new construction. When I got out of college in 1983, and made the decision to come back to work with my father in the family business. I spent 5 years working in the field. Back then all estimating was done long hand on paper, with some use of estimating books like RS means, as well as a gut feeling for the work to be done. I knew if I was to move the company forward, I needed to be more effecient and precise method for accurate estimation. After convincing my father that we needed to computerize, I started researching software. We started with DOS based programs that had estimating, report writing, documents, and bookkeeping. The estimating had the 16-division CSI format, which I was familiar with because of work I had done with architects. This system had a built in database that I could modify and add to and job costing to track actual cost against the estimates. Mom learned the bookkeeping end, but I always did my own job costing to get the most accurate cost data I could, and created many of my own estimating items. This was a good system for 20 plus years. I knew that at some point I was going to have to modernize the system. When my parents retired and my wife entered the business, she immediately needed to run up to date accounting software. We purchase Quickbooks because of the referrals and high recommendations. It works quite well, although we were not job costing with it; I was still doing my own recording for my estimating. Even though she pointed out to me that I could estimate and job cost with it, it had no data base and the CSI format, so I had no interest. I new I wanted somthing similiar to what I was using but with up to date features. I started my reseach on software again, looking at the vast quantity of demos out there - there are a lot of them. Some had programs with estimating, and some with their own accounting modules and billing. Although we do some light design work, I wasn't interested in strictly estimating. We're not a track builder. I didn't want all new accounting software because of our comfort with Quickbooks. I came upon UDA Construction Suite through direct mailings or trade magazine ads. I looked at it several times over a few years, still looking around at anything I came across. I found myself going back to UDA to look again. I was attracted to it because of intergration with Quickbooks, CSI division format, built in documents, and now scheduling which I never had before. I knew that I would be able to create my own data base from years of costing with my other system, but it included RS means cost book which I thought would be real handy for items I may not have. I also needed to stop doing my own data-entry for job costing when it could be done with Quickbooks. I liked that it seemed to have more than I needed, so I could grow with it. Easy to use windows format with spreadsheets we're familiar with. We purchased the UDA Construction Suite Residential Premier. It had everything I was using before and more. Since I had my own data base for light commercial items, I felt we did not need the commercial version at this time. But the decision to buy was also based on the ability to upgrade to a higher package without completely rebuying software. All my questions I had up to making the purchase were answered. UDA really seemed to be a company that wanted to work for and with their clients. That by my making an investment in this, they would be there for me, and that this was a purchase that would work for me for years to come. Since getting the product, I've found it really easy to click around and learn on my own. The training videos that came with it, as well as the webinars offered on a regular bases, are great for showing what the software can do. Customer support is awesome - if I send them an email, the response is very quick. It is very easy to call them and talk to someone; I feel like I have my very own personal customer service representative. Being a small company and having to wear all the hats, it can sometimes take a while to make any transition. I have no doubts at all that as I fully implement all that this software can do for me, that UDA will be there to help if needed, making sure that I can get the most out of it. Definitely comforting that I made a really good purchase decision.

ROBERT

March 2013

I am a small builder that builds large, very high-end custom homes, and have been using ConstructionSuite for nearly 3 years. I looked for a construction management system because I needed to integrate CSI pricing, manage the unique nature of allowances, and off-the-shelf, tailor-able specifications. I also hoped to find a fully flexible scheduling function; I got more than I hoped for. I tried some other construction cost management systems, but none of them are close in comparison to CS - in terms of functionality, ease-of-use, and reasonable cost (it is not cheap, but it is worth it). The product allows me to have automation in estimating, reporting, invoicing (including AIA Applications for Payment), and project scheduling. The easy, flexible structure has facilitated me taking a giant leap forward in management and presentation of cost and scheduling data. It also provides standardized documentation (contracts, other forms), which I honestly did not need, but many people would find very helpful/useful. Importantly, Construction Suite gives the option to use the CSI pricing structure (both residential and commercial), which is essential to better creating and managing budgets (estimates vs. actuals, CO's, etc.). The other products that do enable the CSI structure are archaic and far more expensive. It also has a Specifications function, wherein it uses standard CSI specs that can be opened and altered for each project. The financial functions save me hours on each invoice (specifically in the reporting that comes with invoicing). The structure, reporting, and schedules give me the presence to rival competitors that have 4 staff people to do what I do. The presentation and functionality that I now demonstrate, I believe, has been a big factor in opening doors to some of the very highest-end architects in the region. So not only am I more efficient and professional in how I manage my finances and projects, I do believe it is getting me more business. And once the project is underway, my budget anxiety has been greatly reduced, because I now have a very important instrument for managing budget, Allowances, Change Orders. Without getting into details, it also helps greatly reduce some of the budget difficulties with customers - they better understand what goes into a high-end home, and they have better assurance in how the budget is managed and invoiced. One other seemingly small but important aspect is that CS has a cost category for Allowances - I did not find one single other product that had Allowances such that they could be handled separately. On all of my projects, Allowances are a fluid cost that account for about 40%-50% of the overall budget, and you need to be able to separate those from the rest of budget. There is still one drawback, in that you cannot apply Allowance status to Change Orders, but I am told that will change in an upcoming release. Lastly - I have never had a software provider that has been so intimately involved with each customer. Even before I decided to purchase their "Total Care", the interaction was truly refreshing, and they have even taken the time to review and discuss every suggestion I have made. They have simply explained a rejection on some of the suggestions, but they have been receptive to constructive comments that will improve their products. (For example, the Change Orders to Allowances, as discussed above). The only 4-star rating I have given them is on "product quality". There have been stability issues and communications issues with Microsoft products. But they are phasing out the dependence on Word (already done) and Excel (purportedly in 2013), and that will provide some great benefit for performance. If you are a small or medium-sized builder, and want to present yourself to high-end customers, if you want to have more professional control on your projects, if you want to keep your QuickBooks but put it on steroids, and you undertake more than one project at a time, you will gain tremendously from CS. It is not inexpensive, but it is much more competitive than its competitors and it will pay for itself. I just hope none of my local competitors use it.

Jack

April 2013

Our company is a family owned and operated organization. We specialize in luxury custom estate homes, and we are experts in waterfront construction. Typically, we build no more than 4 or 5 homes simultaneously due to the complexity of the projects, the size of our company, and the market size for this type of construction. After going through a fairly difficult economic downturn, things are starting to move again. From 2009-20012 we only built 1 home. In the past year, we have bid on several projects and we are currently building 5 homes ranging from the $500,000 range up to $3,000,000. I can directly credit the detailed proposal that we made using UDA Construction Suite with 3 of the 5 homes we are currently working on. Each of those three customers told us specifically that our proposal was so much more comprehensive than the other builders that were bidding on the job. One customer also said they felt more confident choosing us to build their dream home because of our attention to detail in the proposal and tentative schedule we provided. While we are not a big corporation, we are still competing with them and we must present our company in the most professional, competent manner possible. UDA Technologies Construction Suite has proven to be one of the most valuable investments we have made to help us achieve this crucial goal. In 2006, we started using UDA's Office Suite, since then we have continuously upgraded to the most recent version and we are currently using Construction Suite Pro. We also take advantage of the "Total Care" customer support plan. I must say, this aspect of the software has proven invaluable. The only "negative" thing I could say about the software is that it is somewhat complex and a little time consuming to learn. With that being said, the time invested in learning the software pays off ten-fold. With the help of the staff at UDA, the difficulty is minimized. Every single time I have called to get assistance with some aspect of the software, I have been immediately put in contact with a very capable and friendly technician who seemed genuinely eager to help me with my problem. I never had to press 1 for this or 2 for that. The technicians actually know the software, in and out, and are always able to quickly resolve my problems. They are not looking up the answer in a "help database" as they generally do when I call QuickBooks for technical assistance. UDA also holds frequent webinars that are free to attend. I have only attended two, but I will be doing my best to utilize this feature more often as I learned a lot from it. Thank you UDA! I truly believe your software and customer support has been instrumental in helping our company stay afloat during this painful recession. The software and the support plan have paid for themselves many times over – we couldn't be happier!

Martine

April 2014

Useful and indespensible construction management tool.

Pros

ConstructionSuite is relatively easy for our staff to learn and use, as is the ConstructionOnline feature. I particularly like being able to make our clients a part of the team by connecting them to ConstructionOnline. We have clients who live in another city or state, and since the scheduling component was added online, we've had phone conferences with clients, and we've literally built or changed the schedule literally before their eyes. It gives them the assurance that they will be a part of the process. I also really like the logging tool; it has come in handy this winter, especially with the weather delay feature. As I learn to utilize more of the features of ConstructionSuite, I really appreciate all of its capability. The support staff and development team have also been a great resource, especially being responsive to technical issues and continually working to improve the functionality of the software.

Cons

I'm always looking for ways to save time and to be more efficient, so I find little things like having to browse for a file from the desktop location (on both ConstructionSuite and ConstructionOnline) cumbersome. It's a little better now that we can select multiple files, though. Also, I've been working more with the dimensioning tool, creating a template for project type to help with estimating. It works, but I can't say I like it because of the way you have to input it into that little window. If there was a dimensioning template in the OnCost/Excel format, I think it would be easier to use. I think part of the problem is that the formulas and inputs are all in this long list, and though I've tried to put the inputs on the top of the window and all of the corresponding formulas below, it causes confusion to the user, and they miss more. I would love to talk to the tech staff more about this feature. We are also still having intermittent issues with sending emails, especially with attachments, from ConstructionSuite. No complaints about the vendor. We've enjoyed working with them.

March 2016

Great product, great support, and great customer service.

Pros

The product was obviously created by people very knowledgeable of construction. It seems any way a person wants to do something, the program lets you customize. Yet the standardized parts and templates fit right in with common practices. When ever I have a question about anything, it usually can be understood just by watching a video. The few times I've called customer support, they are always real helpful without a lot of wait. Makes me feel good about my investment every time I get off the phone with them.

Cons

I haven't been using the product that long even though I've had it 3 or 4 years. I've been gradually transitioning from another estimating program purchased over 20 years ago. When times get real busy, I still find it faster for me to do an estimate on the older program only because I know it so well. So the only thing I think I can say that I like least about this product, and it's not the products fault, is that because it is so different from what I've been using for past 20 years, I find myself struggling at times with the learning curve that comes with having to learn any new software. It has so much more depth to it.

Jay

April 2013

Environmental Design Inc. is a full service environmental consulting firm in business since 1995. We specialize in asbestos, indoor air quality, mold, and lead related professional consulting services, as well as conducting environmental site assessments. One of our many functions is providing our clients with detailed cost estimates, not only for our services, but for the overall project's remediation cost, typically performed by other contractors. We provide complete project oversight and the UDA Construction Suite really is a powerful tool that helps us do that. We purchased the UDA Residential Premier Suite which has made managing our projects much easier, more efficient, and way more organized. We got the suite in 2010 when it became clear to us trying to manage a large regional transportation contract with dozens of projects in progress at any given time just wasn’t working in a timely manner with conventional Excel sheets alone. What the Construction Suite does it allows us to set up a project, assign contacts, and do a project schedule. We can customize cost estimate templates for each client, so our pricing structure, which is somewhat different for each client, can easily be turned into a proposal quickly and easily, or just forwarded in PDF. For our more complex projects involving contractors, we can track the project with a detailed Gant Chart, which we can send to our clients for use in MS Project, track payment applications, change orders, etc. Plus, I think one of the most useful aspects of the UDA Suite is being able to drag and drop files into the project folder and keep everything in one place so all of my employees using the suite can use and view the entire project in one place, even remotely via our IPads. I would highly recommend the UDA Construction Suite to professionals, like engineers, architects, and consultants. It is a great one stop way to organize your projects. For contractors like landscapers and builders, look no further, this product will make you much more organized and efficient, and the product you send to the client will be way more professional. UDA is easy to use, easy to implement, and easy to customize for your industry. Plus if you need any help whatsoever, just pick up the phone and an expert will walk you through your issue or remotely help over the internet. The UDA Construction Suite is not just for contractors doing construction, it is one of the best ways to do project management in any industry.

Barry

1.5

March 2015

Mediocre support / good product (mostly) / slow performance

Pros

I like the way they do estimates and schedules as this works well for how I run my business. I put up with a lot of small annoyances with the functionality and the relatively slow performance because, having evaluated several other systems, I still found this one to be a bit better for my purposes.

Cons

For the most part, this is a good product, although syncing between the desktop and online apps could use a lot of improvement, as there are lots of differences in functionality between the two (the online version is more restricted, so you need to be wary of using some of the custom settings in the desktop version, as it will not necessarily transfer the date over to the online version as it tends to only use standard settings). My experience of the support has not been good. I pretty much always end up having to call, as my emails and support tickets go unacknowledged. I see lots of reviews praising the support, but I just don't see it, as that has not been my experience. It seems to take a long time from the marketing hype of a new product release to this actually being available to existing customers. Any improvements take a long time to work their way into production releases, and the updates don't contain any information to tell you what has actually been updated.

Chuck

January 2014

UDA Construction Suite - A winner for this Remodeler

Pros

For the longest time I had used a combination of programs to operate my remodeling business and came to realize how inefficient that approach was. Excel, QuickBooks, Outlook, and Word are great tools but there had to be a better way. I spent a considerable amount of time looking for a program that would deliver all of these tools in one format. UDA Construction Suites did that and even more. As I have become more acquainted with the program, it has a far exceeded my expectations. Even more important has been the support offered by this great team of dedicated technicians and instructors. Here is a great example: I purchased a new computer and had to transfer my program and files. I have a large database and needed help with the transfer. The new computer needed updates, etc and all of that was taken care of by UDA. Then, the new computer had a blue screen problem which could not be resolved so I purchased another computer which again needed updating etc. Well, here it is on a Friday night and after having over an hour of support earlier, I just got off of the phone with another support tech (at 6:45 PM EST) who made sure I was up and running for a busy weekend of estimating. That says it all right there. Whenever I call, even for the dumbest question, I feel like I am calling my family for help. No kidding; these guys and gals are that good!

Cons

That I can't keep up with some of their online products as they are constantly working to improve their services and programs.

Lacey

Exceptional tech support!

Pros

We lost a server so had to reload our programs and rebuild our data. During this process our IT specialist was called away, though we were still in the process of resolving our issues accessing UDA. We called UDA tech support to walk us through everything, but the issues were clearly beyond our level of expertise, so their rep and his team ended up taking the reins to get us back up and running. His professionalism and efficiency gave us great confidence that we were in good hands during a very stressful time. He and the rest of the team have always been great to work with whenever we've reached out for help, but their top-tier service and competence when we were in crisis was highly appreciated and we can't speak highly enough of how they came through for us at a critical time.

Cons

Rick

The detail in ConstructionSuite was directly responsible for a notable increase to my net income.

Greatly increased accuracy in my residential estimates that resulted in a significant increase to my net income.

Pros

The ConstructionSuite to QuickBooks link is probably my favorite component of the software. This link provides up to the minute accuracy with estimated costs vs. actual cost; we use this information regularly to perform job forensics. The customization allowed in ConstructionSuite provides the flexibility to conform to my business processes instead of forcing us to conform to the software. The estimating templates are the core of the entire program, customizing these to our pricing and our items is how I substantially increased my net income after I had ConctructionSuite up and running. The time invested at the product implementation has given us a fantastic return.

Cons

The interface is a little quirky in places. That is, the software doesn't always behave in ways I expect; usually these have been programming decisions instead of bugs, but they can be annoying. Thinking especially about repetitive tasks.

Robert

March 2013

We are a custom home builder on the Island of Kauai in the Hawaiian Islands with over 34 years of experience in construction, building, and cabinet making. We bring a broad area of knowledge to our clients projects. One of the unique aspects of doing business in Hawaii is that each Island is different with different challenges and most of our clients are part time or seasonal inhabitants. Australia to Russia, South Africa to Canada, each client brings one goal: they want the best, the most efficient, and they want it now. That is how we got involved with UDA Technologies and Construction Suite. Our client was relocating from Florida who lived in Canada and had purchased a lot on Kauai that they wanted to build on. They hired an architect from Honolulu, Interior Designer from Vancouver, consultants from Montreal and Jacksonville, and last but not least his Financial adviser from Toronto. They asked us if we could coordinate and build the home of their dreams with the assembled team. We said YES! Then spent the next month searching the internet and calling on the phone to find a software package that would allow us to deal with all of the issues and different locals and still work with their accounting department and financial people so that our cost and expense information was in a format they could work with. This was 2006, we took Construction Suite for a "test drive", kicked the tires, and learned the basics. And with Time Zones to take into account, there were many challenges our team had to face. UDA and their team are up to the challenge no matter what time zone you're in. Two very important items that UDA excels at is customer service, working to improve and expand the capabilities of Construction Suite, and update the cost book information so that your bids and proposals are accurate. In this customer's opinion they have mastered the concept of making one entry do all of the work thus eliminating the opportunity for what I like to call repetitive errors! Make a change to your schedule and the critical path makes all the changes for you, when properly set up it will inform everyone in your organization and involved in your project about the changes. If you don't own it you should and if you do you know!

Reva

April 2013

We are a construction company in Ontario Canada. We are celebrating our 25th year in business this summer. In the past, we were using excel spreadsheets to do our estimating. We ended up with multiple master copies in the system often, as people saved their version as a new master. Finding out which one was the most current, and having to reformat the document was an ongoing problem. There wasn't a single source document to keep unit cost history, a list of prices from our vendors and subtrades, or their contact information, etc. We found ConstructionSuite through the internet as I was trying to find an easier way to do estimating. I used the trial version and found out it would be suited to our company needs. We discussed the change with the team and in September of 2011 we took a big step and purchased the Contractor version with enough licenses for the estimators and accounting. Since then, we have added more licenses to include all the divisions in the company. I worked with the program, learning how to use it, merging Quick Books contact lists, inputting some cost data and budget estimating information. We had to revise the standard forms and make them suit our company specifically. We had weekly meetings with the staff where they each learned their portion of the program. Working with the UDA tech staff made the transition quite painless and within 6 months we were ready to go live with UDA on a daily basis. The information passes between Quick Books and UDA easily and without error. The support staff were usually available when we called, and a very short time to wait for a call back if they were all busy. The on-line help while on the phone is a great way to work out the issues we have and be able to see how things are fixed. Now we are able to figure most things out on our own. After using the program for over a year we are able to be ready to present an initial budget to a client within 24 hours. We used to take 3 weeks to finish a budget. Being able to populating the divisions using dimensions makes it is easy to show a client what the cost difference would be between a 1000 SF home and a 1200 SF home. I have found this program to be a time saver and helps to reduce the possibility of error.

UDA ConstructionSuite