• Pros

• "Love the common sense feel to this software. Very quick to do a take off. Every problem I have encountered so far has had a solution. Support and help screens are excellent."

• "I absolutely love the quick response from the members of the Countfire Staff. They are quick to respond and help resolve any issues you may have. "

• "Easy to use fantastic tool , great support service when you need help"

• Cons

• "It doesn't pick up symbols that are the same but at a different angle, so a few extra counts must be done to count all the symbols "

• "It is only very minor, but drag and drop for loading the drawings. "

• "It would be an advantage if you could free hand and write comments on your dwgs . Maybe this can be an update"

Browse Countfire Reviews

Mike from ROC Electrical Limited

Countfire - Pros and cond

Excellent, the online support is fantastic, as is the software. There have been some containment drawings that I simply could not have lifted off with Pen and paper, but Countfire has made it possible and easy to review. If in doubt do the trial on a big job and see how you get on!

Pros

Whats not to like? Not much. Its a fantastic tool for estimators, the more you use it the faster you get and the more confidence you gain. Automatic counts - Brilliant Manual Counts - When you cant use automatic counts this is still super fast compared to pen and paper Measurements - Brilliant Splits and multiples - essential and very helpfull I have been using it for a year now and would recommend it to anyone involved in estimating or any other form of take offs.

Cons

Every now and again you get a bad drawing where all the symbols are slightly different and its a pain. Just use manual count and safe yourself a lot of frustration! The cost is pretty high (but worth it in time saved) If I was self employed it could be out of price range.

Eric from Anixter, Inc.

CountFire Automated Take-Off Software

I could not be more pleased with CounFire. It is fast, accurate, easy to use, and has cut my time to perform a take-off by a factor of 10. Some may question a factor of 10, but try it and see that drawing symbols when counted on one drawing are also counted on all other drawings within the project drawing package automatically. Orientation is not an issue, and items not picked up are easily identified and added to the correct symbol list. Check drawings are also supplied as part of the final report to assure all errors have been resolved.

Pros

CountFire being a cloud based service gets you up and running quickly. CountFire Sales is there to get you started and introduce you to Technical Assistance and Training. The On-Line Help function is integral to the CountFire Platform allowing you to be able to function seamlessly as you work on projects. I can count drawing elements or make extremely accurate measurements in one tenth of the time I did manually without the cost of drawing reproduction. The Final Reports are perfectly formatted in MSExcel and ready for Bill of Material development.

Cons

I am still looking for a Con. I thought that since CountFire is in Great Britain that communications might be hampered by five, (5) time zones, but this was not the case. CountFire was there 24X7 to solve my self-inflicted start-up issues.

1. Cloud Based, 2. Price, 3. Ease of Use, 4. Support

Josh from Envirotech Group

Great software

Pros

Countfire has made things a lot more efficient for me especially during lockdown. My printing costs and time printing documents has drastically reduced and enables me to do a lot more costing.

Cons

There are no cons to this software. Occasionally you may get a set of drawings that does not allowed you use use the software to its full potential ( Not Countfire fault) but there is a solution 99% of the time.

Matthew from Appselec

Neutral

When everything is peachy it works great and is fast.

Pros

When a pdf is is drawn properly it works great. Automatic counting etc. No I'm just trying to reach 100 characters

Cons

When a pdf is not drawn properly, i may as well count manually. Which is mostly the case. Simple things could be added to improve experience, such as a plan multiplier for drawings that cover multiple levels.

Richard from Marlowe

Countfire

Labour & cost saving, great product

Pros

Very efficient, software very easy to use, great support team, would not want to be without it.

Cons

Having correct symbols for design purposes, this is in the pipeline.

Reasons for Choosing Countfire

Much easy to use and the counting quantities is much more efficient with the download

Reasons for Switching to Countfire

Countfire is much more efficient and has additional benefits

Jonathan from Eleciserve Electrical

Best Software in the market

It has made our estimating more productive and accurate.

Pros

Its a lot more intelligent than other software's

Cons

The cost is slightly higher than we would like to pay.

Reasons for Choosing Countfire

It was more intelligent and you can breakdown sections easier.

Reasons for Switching to Countfire

After our demo and because of the clunky software we previously had.

Ronan from Luci Electric

Game Changer...

Using countfire has completely changed the way I do my job. I have gone from old school drawings and highlighters to paperless and streamlined. I would guess that it has increased my productivity by a factor of 3. Every day I learn of a new feature and if I have any questions or issues, they are dealt with quickly and efficiently by one of the superb and knowledgeable customer service gurus. I love that they are paying attention to what I am doing constantly and suggesting ways to improve how I'm doing it. Overall, this is a really great tool with FLAWLESS customer service, regardless of timezone issues. Thank you Countfire team.

Pros

It's easy to use, functions really well and they've thought of (almost!) everything! It's really great that it puts all the information into a nice, neat Excel spreadsheet so I can easily add my costings and work out my prices.

Cons

I'm only a couple of months into using countfire but there's nothing I don't like about it. I have made a couple of suggestions for features - I need to be able to switch from imperial to metric measurements at will being the main one. Autosave another. I think that these have been taken on board.

Reasons for Choosing Countfire

Autocount was far superior in Countfire and they didn't seem too concerned when I raised the issue.

Ryan from RWD Electrical

Don’t bother with the others, countfire outshines them all

Countfire has been a breeze from start to finish, the help team have always been on hand to help out and implementing and training on the software was seamless! I love countfire, you will too.

Pros

I’m impressed, countfire allowed me to do a take off in 28mins... the other guy in the office actually had the take off and got out his fluro’s and a pad...he had allowed himself 2 days... It’s brilliant, simple and easy to use. The wholesalers love me because the take off is easy to read!

Cons

The cost is high, but the amount of time I saved means it’s worth the large cost!!

Reasons for Switching to Countfire

Software was easier to use, cleaner, better output

Novice to electronic take-offs

My overall experience with Dropbox has been very pleasant. The team is great at holding your hand and making sure that you understand the software. I love that they even do screen recording so that you can reference later.

Pros

The upload feature as well as the symbol capturing.

Cons

I would prefer if it did not have to be processed through Dropbox as not everyone has it.

Mark from Mitie

Countfire

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to create measures and grouping of measures that mimics the estimation software we currently use. Also the ability to zone areas as we do look at the phasing of certain projects.

Cons

It would be handy if you could turn off certain services. As mechanically we could have heating and cooling on the same drawing and it would be useful to remove one when doing a take off.

Chris from Lumino

Countfire is a lifesaver!

From a user perspective, Countfire is a lifesaver. You upload your drawings simply and easily and within minutes you can have a scaled, marked up set of drawings with all measurements documented in an excel spreadsheet. I take this output and use it to accurately build quotes and check quantities on all projects from single residential to large scale hotels and commercial. For us it means that we can have accurate information to supply alongside our quotes to give us peace of mind that our measurements are completely transparent to clients without sending physical copies of marked up drawings. The guys at Countfire are beyond helpful and have put a huge amount of work into making the software work for us, they are always easily contactable and jump right in to help whenever there may be a problem. It's dramatically reduced the time we spend on quoting, and in turn improved our workflow and relationship with clients. I couldn't recommend it more.

Pros

Easy and simple to use for a process that is inherently complex and difficult.

Cons

Countfire used to be heavily geared towards counting references and not linear measurements. There have been HUGE steps by the guys at Countfire to improve the linear side of things with many new additions to the software for this purpose. Some drawings on a large scale (1:200+) are hard to measure small lengths under 300mm, but this is a very minor issue that the support staff will help with on a project by project basis.

Malcolm from CD Engineering

One Year In Review

The system is very easy to use which makes the familiarisation process quire easy. With any new software you have to familiarise yourself with the peculiarities of the system and work with it to get the best from it which is what we have found with Countfire. The first thing you notice is the speed and responsiveness of the auto count system which is so much better than other systems we have tried. We have found Countfire to suit our business needs but there are improvements to be made and hopefully we will see this product develop further.

Pros

Easy to use, fast, useful for auto counting from certain revised drawings such as lighting. Demarcation of drawings is a good feature.

Cons

There is no 'back' button to help you correct mistakes - you have to rely on not saving changes which is not ideal. Recognition of different orientation of symbols is limited to 90 degrees only - expanding this would be useful. Typical small power symbol auto count can be time consuming because of how symbols are recognised by the system, this makes the auto count process unreliable particularly across multiple drawings - a manual count often becomes the best option which defeats the object.

Reasons for Switching to Countfire

We switched from an alternative auto count system in the main because the original system we had was unreliable in terms of general symbol recognition and was particularly slow in comparison to Countfire.

Terry from Vulcan Building Services Limited

Makes life very easy.

Pros

Countfire makes doing takeoffs extremely easy and the amount of time it saves leaves more time to do other things that need doing.

Cons

not enough colours in the palette, When you measure & ask for itemised it measures every click not just start to finish giving far to many reults

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks Terry! I wanted to let you know we released an update recently to include more colours. With measurements and how they're saved into the Excel spreadsheet, you have a choice between not itemised (just the overall total) and itemised (each individual measurement). Itemising does definitely result in a larger spreadsheet because there's just a lot more information to represent within Excel, however, I also wanted to point you towards a workaround we have which allows you to round & summarise those measurements towards specific lengths (EG: set busbar lengths etc. There's more here: http://help.countfire.com/workarounds/summarising-measurement-items

Aigars from King & Moffatt Building Services

1st review

My overall experience has been great.

Pros

I think it is easy to use and faster then doing a count by printing and manually counting. I like the background drop it makes it easy to see all the things that need to be counted. Another pro is that by using CountFire i don't have to be printing the drawings which helps the environment.

Cons

sometimes drawings take to long to upload in to the software. I would like to see improvements in the unjoining and joining symbols, the improvement could be that we the users had a choice in which parts of drawings we join or unjoin.

Malcolm from Everglow Lighting

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Countfire Review

Well worth the effort to try out. I would really allocate this to only one or two persons in an office and let them develop the skills necessary to be productive and create accurate take offs. I enjoy using it and continue to be surprised how well the end result evolves. Practice makes perfect, it can only get better.

Pros

As a Lighting Engineer with some knowledge of construction software and the difficulties one can experience in quickly getting up to speed with new programs, I was pleasantly surprised to find that even without reading any tutorials, I was able to navigate and complete a number of projects on my desk over a 24hr period. The guys at Countfire patiently watched me and offered advice how to improve my takeoff but I just kept going and only when I got into some bother did I read their suggestions. What this means is that a novice with some practical experience of popular programs such as Microsoft Paint etc. will quickly get a handle on the basics of this take off program. As with most things today..easy to learn..to master, takes time.

Cons

Nothing to do with the software but it does pick up some inconsistencies amongst Architects and Drafts-persons, some who clearly do not anticipate a computer checking their work. Some very sloppy drawings out there. I check the drawings now prior to uploading so that I have an idea of where I need to look closely. Again, it's not an issue with Countfire.

Aleshia from Control Management Inc

Industry: Facilities Services

Amazing & Friendly Staff

Countfire has saved me tons of time performing takeoffs. It is also very helpful in accomplishing a set of takeoffs for a project with a quick turn around time.

Pros

Cons

I love everything about the Countfire Program.

Reasons for Choosing Countfire

I used Countfire at my previous employer. After showing my current company what could be accomplished with Countfire they decided to purchase it.

David from MECE fire and Security

Countfire

As noted above and the benefit of having a fully totalled excel spread sheet.

Pros

This software not only saves time estimating with automated counting, but also saves on the need to print off large layout drawings.

Cons

Think it would be helpful to be able to add / remove layout drawings within the main count off screen instead of coming out and going to the project log in screen. Would be good if the system to could remember the last drawing that you're taking off when you first log on.

Michael from Michael Lonsdale

Personal view of Countfire after 3 weeks

Its quick and easy to use. There are a few things which can be done to make it even better but overall its far more efficient than using paper and coloured pens.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use once you are using it on a daily basis. It makes the take-off process a lot quicker and doesn't require the need for printing off a Forrest worth of trees for drawings, plus you don't need to keep a whole range of coloured pens handy.

Cons

I have found that I have gone back to drawings that I have taken off first time around and noticed symbols which I did take off were not highlighted. That could be simply down to me not saving each time. However, I have had to go back through each drawing to make sure I haven't missed anything. There should be something in place to highlight anything that has been missed. It would also be helpful to have an option to pick regularly used symbols and containment so that you can save time not having to manually type them in.

Greg from Melbrooke

Countfire Review

I have worked in the industry for many many years in directorship and management and used many costing / take off software. I can honestly say this is the best I have worked with. the level of detail you are with once you process a project is fantastic and it is very user friendly. And last but no means least the team are constantly on hand to help whenever needed and go above and beyond to ensure your experience with the software is positive. Thats not just an initial help that always.

Pros

I like near all features of the software but really like how user friendly it is and the level of customer care you get.

Cons

Not really come across anything that I dislike yet

Chris from Micahel J Lonsdale

Brilliant estimating tool and great customer Service to back it up!

Very helpful in times of need when a project needs a quick turnaround! The customer service team are also very responsive and there when you need them! Would highly recommend for estimating larger projects if you want to cut down on estimating time.

Pros

Speed, adaptability to pricing schedules/demarcations and the fact Countfire themselves are open to taking on ideas for user interface improvements to make take off easier

Cons

When drawings take ages to load up

Ciaran from Dlight Concepts ltd

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Quick, easy,fast and great support

Pros

The ability to drag, drop and created elements save days of manual counting on paper. the software can be used anywhere you have internet connection

Cons

an internet connection is required and a large amount of storage for dropbox also

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks Ciaran! Countfire now automatically frees up space within Dropbox meaning you no longer need to purchase a paid Dropbox account. With regard to needing an internet connection, there are a number of positives to consider too. We're able to provide near instant in-app support right when you need it (our current response time is less than 1 minute). Countfire is definitely not the kind of software you buy and then never hear from us again, and having an internet connection is an important part of us being able to provide that level of support to our customers. Additionally, new updates and features get rolled out immediately and we don't hold these back for a new version of the software, as can happen with traditional / older methods of software distribution. You always have the latest and best version.

Jamie from CD Engineering

Countfire Review

saves printing drawings out and buying highlighters etc, but also saves alot of time and so is very valuable.

Pros

its made the takeoff process alot easier and ten times faster.

Cons

an undo button would be great, also took abit of time to introduce new users and get them to fully understand the software.

Reasons for Switching to Countfire

CountFire looked alot better, livecount didnt really work very well.

John from YPHS

YPHS Electrical

fantastic

Pros

Easy to use fantastic tool , great support service when you need help

Gareth from Ellis and Brown Electrical ltd

Love this software!

I was dubious how well this product would work and how accurately the software would find the symbols for my electrical drawings. I was very surprised and pleased with the outcome it found all the symbols after I was shown via a video how to tweak the symbols. The service from the countfire guys is excellent they would check how I was doing with each project and send a brief ,informative and easy to follow instructions via video to show me how to get the best out of the software. To summarise I haven’t looked back since using Countfire. My tenders are compiled easier, and I now get them in way before deadlines which always looks good in my eyes.

Pros

Ease of use even for my limited I.T skills. Saves so much time. Compiles the take off for you. The search criteria can be saved and used again this saves even more time. Value for money due to time saved. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

None! Honestly I can’t think of any cons.

Zachary from Value Lighting Inc.

Revolutionary takeoff experience.

Reduction in time in the estimation process (magnitudes).

Pros

- clear cut user interface with everything hotkeyed, and the hotkeys labeled in plain sight - PHENOMENAL customer service and support (I requested and had a feature built and deployed overnight, etc., etc., etc.) - Documentation from another planet (over 25,000 words of concise walk through material - Redundancy (the way projects are delivered after being processed eliminates worry and most potential for error) - Data manipulation (the data spit-out from a project comes post-pivot table, saving us a step in formatting to get our numbers straight) the list goes on and on - simply amazing!! Will and the boys are a phenomenal team, awake at preposterous hours of the morning solving issues that could wait, etc. just amazing!

Jeanne from Avondale Electric

Highly Recommend

Countfire enables the entire office to be involved which means an administrative assistant can do counts for the estimator freeing up the estimators time to handle the more complex details.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to master. Reports can be simply or page/area specific which makes it great when you need to do breakouts. Hot keys make the program flow, you can either use the mouse or use the keyboard - whichever you prefer. Best part is that once you select a symbol it searches all pages for that symbol making it very fast and freeing up a lot of time for other tasks. I have used on-screen take off, bluebeam and live count and found Countfire to be the quickest with the most detailed reports.

Cons

Not a lot of colors to choose from, would like to see more colors.

Karl from Winthrop Engineering and Contracting Ltd

Essential for estimating

Pros

Countfire is so easy to use. I've only recently moved to the estimating department and this tool is essential. I love that the Countfire team keeps an eye on the way you use the software and come in with suggestion how to use the tool more effectively if they see you making the same mistake multiple times. They will also offer suggestions on the most efficient ways to do your take-offs.

Cons

Countfire can sometimes fail to recognize the same symbol if there is a difference in orientation, but having said that, the "Toggle" function will identify missed symbols.

Adnan from PORR

Industry: Civil Engineering

Good, versatile, fast, ongoing development, active support

Pros

The software is a good alternative to the usual means of working with large plans, as it saves a lot of time and space/printing materials

Cons

One of the cons is the requirement of the chrome browser, since the additional software isn't supported by the IT Department.

Diane from Lighting Visions Limited

Great so far

So far, it is early days, I have found everything very straightforward. I spent time working through a lot of the help screens before I attempted my first take off, but still encountered a problem selecting some symbols. I couldn't find the answer myself so used the chat option. Within minutes I was chatting to someone who could help straight away with advice and even videos to show me how to deal with my problem. Looking forward to learning more as I progress.

Pros

Cons

I actually haven't found anything I don't like so far, but I have only been using it for a short time. I think it is just a case of getting your head around what the software needs from you to do its thing.

Shane from DavidDoyleElectrical

Easy and interesting way to count drawings much more efficiently and quickly

Pros

It takes a bit of playing around with to get used to but any question I had was answered within minutes through the CountFire team chat, I find the automatic link with DropBox and CountFire very useful with all the counts done automatically through an excel quantities spreadsheet.

Cons

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied October 2017

Thanks Shane! I wanted to let you know we've just released a feature which allows you to automatically count symbols that are the same, but rotated through different angles :)

September 2015

jack from sensetech systems

September 2015

my review, would happily recommend!

the software is relatively easy to use. the downside is that there is alot to learn compared to doing it manually. it is getting better now i have used it for a few weeks, but as a new starter i struggled to begin with. maybe an online tutorial would work well, i am not sure if you have this or not. the customer service is excellent, another problem is countfire doesn't always pick up all of the symbols, i often have to double check. Nevertheless, it is great in the sense that it is much quicker than doing it manually, i would happily recommend it to other users.

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied September 2015

Thanks very much for your review Jack. In terms of training, we have training courses available and also have an online knowledge base. We're also always happy to jump on a screen sharing session to help learn the software on a one to one basis. With making sure you pick up all the symbols, this is even a problem when doing take-offs manually. To help with this, Countfire allows you to hide all the symbols you've already counted so you can easily see what's left to count, and it also produces a set of drawings with all your counted symbols removed, which can be used as a quality control / checking process to make sure you've counted everything.

Kevin from Maxim Electrical

Fantasitic Easy to use software

Fast tracking estimates

Pros

The level of accuracy and ability to populate all take offs into a spreadsheet format. the software is very easy to use even if you don't have great Computer skills

Cons

occasionally things can be a little slow if drawings files are large. if you don't have a great internet connection access can be difficult at times if working remotely from Home / Office PC

Aleshia from MSS Solutions

The product is easy to use and the support staff is amazing.

I have saved a lot of time on performing take offs.

Pros

I like its chat option and the great support staffs fast response time. I also like how when I have a problem that I may run into one of the members of the support team will help me immediately. They can actually open and view the actual project I am working on and will send me a clip of how to get past what problems I may be having.

Cons

Nothing. Everything about this software is amazing. The support staff has a quick response. They normally respond is less than 5 minutes.

Ben from Hager UK

A brilliant and innovative piece of software that's helped the estimating team.

Pros

The speed to be able to create a take-off which would've potentially taken many hours by hand. This software is saving the company so many man hours already.

Cons

Due to the way we use countfire we don't just use it for symbol counts. We use this for the measurement of luminaire leads. Sometimes the drawings can become a little busy and tricky to follow. So maybe the option to turn certain layers drawn in countfire off would help.

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks Ben! Assuming I've understood things correctly here, it's already possible to turn off both automatically counted symbols, and any linear / area measurements or manual points. It should just be a case of using the check boxes to the left of each symbol or measurement to hide it. There's more here: http://help.countfire.com/countfire-basics/hiding-matched-symbols

shaun from PMck Electrical

fast and easy to use

saves time

Pros

it saves a lot of time rather than manually counting the items. it tally's up all the drawing at the one time and its very easy to use.

Cons

that when you select an item it pick up others as well. and sometimes you may have to go over some drawing to see if it missed out any of the symbols

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks for your review Shaun! With regard to checking for symbols that haven't yet been counted, I wanted to reply with a help centre article outlining the 4 opportunities available to verify accuracy on your projects: http://help.countfire.com/best-practice-workflows/the-4-stages-of-checking

John from Integrated Technologies and Design

I've never experienced technical support that countfire. Simply the best

Saves me tons of time and for someone that works 80+ hours a week, my time is very valuable.

Pros

The ease of use. It is very easy to use once I learned the shortcuts and best practices from Countfire. Was up and running withing a few days 100% and it is saving me so much time. I did the a job the other day that was normally a 4 hour job and it took me 30 minutes by using Countfire and that 3.5 hours is very valuable to me.

Cons

The only thing I'd like and it is really only for hotels, but to be able to find a certain room and count them and multiply out already in the excel sheet, but I use the counts for the rooms and easily adjust the excel spreadsheet in less than a minute, so it really isn't an issue.

Davide from Legrand Electric ltd

Good experience, hope it will continue to improve

quicker quotation and counting

Pros

1) in general it is simple to use and give a quick access to count and item selection. 2) Very good the split selection

Cons

1)I would add description/comment in the drawings. 2)I would have more "Color selection" if it possible, as sometimes we've got a large number of selection to do (like Grey, Brown, etc...). 3)When we need to count "a point" there is a "circular selection" , could be nice have also a different other selection like a "triangle" or "rectangle". This could be very helpful.

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks Davide! Wanted to let you know that we've just released an update to include more colours. Also, adding notes / comments to drawings, and additional symbol types for manual points are both already on product roadmap. Watch this space!

Jason from Blitz Security

Blitz Security

So far so good.

Pros

Rapid counting ability and accuracy - across multiple drawings!

Cons

Yet to get feedback on my trial questions. Estimating (cost) and assemblies is a must.

Stuart from E Thompson & Son Ltd

Countfire Review

We have been using the system now for around 6 weeks, during this time the Countfire people were very helpful in getting us set up correctly, as we are now more used to the software were seeing benefits of time saving and having easy access to neat and tidy take offs as apposed to trawling through the estimators files looking at unclear scribbles, also we no longer have to print off large amounts of A0 / A1 paper at tender stage saving cost and the environment.

Pros

Speed, Accuracy, environmental benefits, and easy to follow hints and tips.

Cons

Sometimes the information we are provided with by our customers is not in the correct format for Countfire to work at its full potential, this is not a fault of Countfire but a problem with the information we are working with

July 2016

Gary from Blackbourne Integrated M&E

July 2016

Easy & Fast

I've recently started using this software and already it has saved me time on measuring. I've used Countfire for 3 projects so far and it really is quick and simple to use. Once I've measured each individual drawing it then pulls everything across to my dropbox making it easy for me to check certain symbols. I can then print off my totals for each take off sheet. A great piece of software for estimating.

Pros

I like the way when you measure one drawing that it automatically counts the selected symbols throughout other drawings saving you loads of time during the tender.

Cons

It can be a little too sensitive when selecting certain symbols but that's down to the quality of the drawings provided. It can be easy corrected when checking each symbol in the editing section.

Peter from Desa Australia

The software has increased our output but most importantly accuracy

Increased speed and accuracy

Pros

We have found the software very easy to use, the support and backup is fantastic and the checking and reporting functions are great.

Cons

The main frustrating this is the time it takes to load drawings. Also as a large business we would like the option to purchase the software.

Miles from Winters Electrical

Very very quick and easy

A lot of time saved, also able to seperate out certain parts of drawings like landlords and tenants

Pros

So quick and simple to use and great spreadsheet produced to view quantities. Saves a lots of time over manual take offs.

Cons

Not down to the software, but due to some consultants poor drawings some drawings take a lot longer to take off.

Paul from Evolve

Countfire - Genius Program!

What can I say, Will and the guys over at Countfire a developed something truly amazing. Ease of use is spot on and does exactly what its meant to do! The support is second to none, I generally get an answer within a minute. This has made life so much easier than manual counting! Thanks guys!

Pros

Ease of use and support

Cons

Nothing

Eugene from Sperrin View Electrical

Great Invention

Yes very good and worthwhile. Love the ease of use,and then all is recorded so you can go back and check.

Pros

How quick and user friendly it is. The way the counts then load onto each drg. Great for saving time.

Cons

Just at start when you have to type in each variant. As I’m more sure guy,it’s very tedious.

Stephen from ADS Systems, LLC

This is the product you wished someone would make but never knew existed.

This program cuts our paper cost and review time while increasing efficiency and accuracy.

Pros

Every feature incorporated into this product is top notch. It's speedy, efficient, and accurate. Multiple avenues to check your work and be assured in your counts. Work multiple disciplines within one job....there's just so much this program can do!

Cons

There's really not much to dislike with this program, but if I had to voice a small nit pick it would be that I would like to see more color options for device designation. Often we deal with large quantities of different devices. Like a said, I'm just nitpicking.

Stewart from Compuroom Services Pty Ltd

Great Program just a bit expensive for our market (Australia)

Very positive.

Pros

Easy to use and very intuitive. Very Flexible.

Cons

Linked Estimating Package would be great.

Reasons for Choosing Countfire

Groundplan was only manual take offs. Planswift seemed very complicated.

Adam from Group GA

Brilliant bit of kit

Pros

Ease of functions and effortless takeoff of multiple items

Cons

There is no automatic scale set or you cant measure say a doorway and tell countfire it should be 0.8m and it calculates the scale

Neil from Sanders Project Management Ltd

SPML

Very good and look forward to using the software for many years to come.

Pros

Very easy to use, very quick, wish i'd found this years ago.

Cons

Take off of Trays, Trunking, Dado, ductwork etc. Other systems can take off this by just clicking on the item and it takes off all the bends and reducers etc. If you had this feature too you would be perfect.

Joseph from Chubb Systems

Quick and easy!

Pros

Its very simple to understand with lots of pointers and tips to get you doing. It is also very easy to use and packed with keyboard short cuts to help you find you way around.

Cons

It requires the use of a dropbox which might not always be practical in companies which have limited internet browsing.

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied October 2017

Thanks Joseph! In addition to Dropbox, Countfire actually supports OneDrive now too.

Kristopher from JPS Building Solutions Ltd

Excellent product !

A great product, Once you start using the keyboard shortcuts and understand how to put the price together to suit your own cost sheet it really makes life easy.

Pros

Very quick and easy to upload drawings, the scale feature for measuring lengths of runs is very accurate, no more scale rule and no more wasting paper printing drawings. Once a floor has been set up the way it automatically applies this to other drawings is brilliant.

Cons

Not being able to make notes on a page, symbols could be used as a basic key for Design and Build projects