• Pros

• "Love the common sense feel to this software. Very quick to do a take off. Every problem I have encountered so far has had a solution. Support and help screens are excellent."

• "I absolutely love the quick response from the members of the Countfire Staff. They are quick to respond and help resolve any issues you may have. "

• "Easy to use fantastic tool , great support service when you need help"

• Cons

• "It doesn't pick up symbols that are the same but at a different angle, so a few extra counts must be done to count all the symbols "

• "It is only very minor, but drag and drop for loading the drawings. "

• "It would be an advantage if you could free hand and write comments on your dwgs . Maybe this can be an update"

Browse Countfire Reviews

Mike from ROC Electrical Limited

Countfire - Pros and cond

Excellent, the online support is fantastic, as is the software. There have been some containment drawings that I simply could not have lifted off with Pen and paper, but Countfire has made it possible and easy to review. If in doubt do the trial on a big job and see how you get on!

Pros

Whats not to like? Not much. Its a fantastic tool for estimators, the more you use it the faster you get and the more confidence you gain. Automatic counts - Brilliant Manual Counts - When you cant use automatic counts this is still super fast compared to pen and paper Measurements - Brilliant Splits and multiples - essential and very helpfull I have been using it for a year now and would recommend it to anyone involved in estimating or any other form of take offs.

Cons

Every now and again you get a bad drawing where all the symbols are slightly different and its a pain. Just use manual count and safe yourself a lot of frustration! The cost is pretty high (but worth it in time saved) If I was self employed it could be out of price range.

Eric from Anixter, Inc.

CountFire Automated Take-Off Software

I could not be more pleased with CounFire. It is fast, accurate, easy to use, and has cut my time to perform a take-off by a factor of 10. Some may question a factor of 10, but try it and see that drawing symbols when counted on one drawing are also counted on all other drawings within the project drawing package automatically. Orientation is not an issue, and items not picked up are easily identified and added to the correct symbol list. Check drawings are also supplied as part of the final report to assure all errors have been resolved.

Pros

CountFire being a cloud based service gets you up and running quickly. CountFire Sales is there to get you started and introduce you to Technical Assistance and Training. The On-Line Help function is integral to the CountFire Platform allowing you to be able to function seamlessly as you work on projects. I can count drawing elements or make extremely accurate measurements in one tenth of the time I did manually without the cost of drawing reproduction. The Final Reports are perfectly formatted in MSExcel and ready for Bill of Material development.

Cons

I am still looking for a Con. I thought that since CountFire is in Great Britain that communications might be hampered by five, (5) time zones, but this was not the case. CountFire was there 24X7 to solve my self-inflicted start-up issues.

1. Cloud Based, 2. Price, 3. Ease of Use, 4. Support

Eugene from Sperrin View Electrical

Great Invention

Yes very good and worthwhile. Love the ease of use,and then all is recorded so you can go back and check.

Pros

How quick and user friendly it is. The way the counts then load onto each drg. Great for saving time.

Cons

Just at start when you have to type in each variant. As I’m more sure guy,it’s very tedious.

Matthew from Appselec

Neutral

When everything is peachy it works great and is fast.

Pros

When a pdf is is drawn properly it works great. Automatic counting etc. No I'm just trying to reach 100 characters

Cons

When a pdf is not drawn properly, i may as well count manually. Which is mostly the case. Simple things could be added to improve experience, such as a plan multiplier for drawings that cover multiple levels.

Gareth from Ellis and Brown Electrical ltd

Love this software!

I was dubious how well this product would work and how accurately the software would find the symbols for my electrical drawings. I was very surprised and pleased with the outcome it found all the symbols after I was shown via a video how to tweak the symbols. The service from the countfire guys is excellent they would check how I was doing with each project and send a brief ,informative and easy to follow instructions via video to show me how to get the best out of the software. To summarise I haven’t looked back since using Countfire. My tenders are compiled easier, and I now get them in way before deadlines which always looks good in my eyes.

Pros

Ease of use even for my limited I.T skills. Saves so much time. Compiles the take off for you. The search criteria can be saved and used again this saves even more time. Value for money due to time saved. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

None! Honestly I can’t think of any cons.

Ronan from Luci Electric

Game Changer...

Using countfire has completely changed the way I do my job. I have gone from old school drawings and highlighters to paperless and streamlined. I would guess that it has increased my productivity by a factor of 3. Every day I learn of a new feature and if I have any questions or issues, they are dealt with quickly and efficiently by one of the superb and knowledgeable customer service gurus. I love that they are paying attention to what I am doing constantly and suggesting ways to improve how I'm doing it. Overall, this is a really great tool with FLAWLESS customer service, regardless of timezone issues. Thank you Countfire team.

Pros

It's easy to use, functions really well and they've thought of (almost!) everything! It's really great that it puts all the information into a nice, neat Excel spreadsheet so I can easily add my costings and work out my prices.

Cons

I'm only a couple of months into using countfire but there's nothing I don't like about it. I have made a couple of suggestions for features - I need to be able to switch from imperial to metric measurements at will being the main one. Autosave another. I think that these have been taken on board.

Reasons for Choosing Countfire

Autocount was far superior in Countfire and they didn't seem too concerned when I raised the issue.

Malcolm from Everglow Lighting

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Countfire Review

Well worth the effort to try out. I would really allocate this to only one or two persons in an office and let them develop the skills necessary to be productive and create accurate take offs. I enjoy using it and continue to be surprised how well the end result evolves. Practice makes perfect, it can only get better.

Pros

As a Lighting Engineer with some knowledge of construction software and the difficulties one can experience in quickly getting up to speed with new programs, I was pleasantly surprised to find that even without reading any tutorials, I was able to navigate and complete a number of projects on my desk over a 24hr period. The guys at Countfire patiently watched me and offered advice how to improve my takeoff but I just kept going and only when I got into some bother did I read their suggestions. What this means is that a novice with some practical experience of popular programs such as Microsoft Paint etc. will quickly get a handle on the basics of this take off program. As with most things today..easy to learn..to master, takes time.

Cons

Nothing to do with the software but it does pick up some inconsistencies amongst Architects and Drafts-persons, some who clearly do not anticipate a computer checking their work. Some very sloppy drawings out there. I check the drawings now prior to uploading so that I have an idea of where I need to look closely. Again, it's not an issue with Countfire.

Aleshia from Control Management Inc

Industry: Facilities Services

Amazing & Friendly Staff

Countfire has saved me tons of time performing takeoffs. It is also very helpful in accomplishing a set of takeoffs for a project with a quick turn around time.

Pros

Cons

I love everything about the Countfire Program.

Reasons for Choosing Countfire

I used Countfire at my previous employer. After showing my current company what could be accomplished with Countfire they decided to purchase it.

Zachary from Value Lighting Inc.

Revolutionary takeoff experience.

Reduction in time in the estimation process (magnitudes).

Pros

- clear cut user interface with everything hotkeyed, and the hotkeys labeled in plain sight - PHENOMENAL customer service and support (I requested and had a feature built and deployed overnight, etc., etc., etc.) - Documentation from another planet (over 25,000 words of concise walk through material - Redundancy (the way projects are delivered after being processed eliminates worry and most potential for error) - Data manipulation (the data spit-out from a project comes post-pivot table, saving us a step in formatting to get our numbers straight) the list goes on and on - simply amazing!! Will and the boys are a phenomenal team, awake at preposterous hours of the morning solving issues that could wait, etc. just amazing!

John from Integrated Technologies and Design

I've never experienced technical support that countfire. Simply the best

Saves me tons of time and for someone that works 80+ hours a week, my time is very valuable.

Pros

The ease of use. It is very easy to use once I learned the shortcuts and best practices from Countfire. Was up and running withing a few days 100% and it is saving me so much time. I did the a job the other day that was normally a 4 hour job and it took me 30 minutes by using Countfire and that 3.5 hours is very valuable to me.

Cons

The only thing I'd like and it is really only for hotels, but to be able to find a certain room and count them and multiply out already in the excel sheet, but I use the counts for the rooms and easily adjust the excel spreadsheet in less than a minute, so it really isn't an issue.

Chris from Lumino

Countfire is a lifesaver!

From a user perspective, Countfire is a lifesaver. You upload your drawings simply and easily and within minutes you can have a scaled, marked up set of drawings with all measurements documented in an excel spreadsheet. I take this output and use it to accurately build quotes and check quantities on all projects from single residential to large scale hotels and commercial. For us it means that we can have accurate information to supply alongside our quotes to give us peace of mind that our measurements are completely transparent to clients without sending physical copies of marked up drawings. The guys at Countfire are beyond helpful and have put a huge amount of work into making the software work for us, they are always easily contactable and jump right in to help whenever there may be a problem. It's dramatically reduced the time we spend on quoting, and in turn improved our workflow and relationship with clients. I couldn't recommend it more.

Pros

Easy and simple to use for a process that is inherently complex and difficult.

Cons

Countfire used to be heavily geared towards counting references and not linear measurements. There have been HUGE steps by the guys at Countfire to improve the linear side of things with many new additions to the software for this purpose. Some drawings on a large scale (1:200+) are hard to measure small lengths under 300mm, but this is a very minor issue that the support staff will help with on a project by project basis.

Terry from Vulcan Building Services Limited

Makes life very easy.

Pros

Countfire makes doing takeoffs extremely easy and the amount of time it saves leaves more time to do other things that need doing.

Cons

not enough colours in the palette, When you measure & ask for itemised it measures every click not just start to finish giving far to many reults

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks Terry! I wanted to let you know we released an update recently to include more colours. With measurements and how they're saved into the Excel spreadsheet, you have a choice between not itemised (just the overall total) and itemised (each individual measurement). Itemising does definitely result in a larger spreadsheet because there's just a lot more information to represent within Excel, however, I also wanted to point you towards a workaround we have which allows you to round & summarise those measurements towards specific lengths (EG: set busbar lengths etc. There's more here: http://help.countfire.com/workarounds/summarising-measurement-items

Michael from Michael Lonsdale

Personal view of Countfire after 3 weeks

Its quick and easy to use. There are a few things which can be done to make it even better but overall its far more efficient than using paper and coloured pens.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use once you are using it on a daily basis. It makes the take-off process a lot quicker and doesn't require the need for printing off a Forrest worth of trees for drawings, plus you don't need to keep a whole range of coloured pens handy.

Cons

I have found that I have gone back to drawings that I have taken off first time around and noticed symbols which I did take off were not highlighted. That could be simply down to me not saving each time. However, I have had to go back through each drawing to make sure I haven't missed anything. There should be something in place to highlight anything that has been missed. It would also be helpful to have an option to pick regularly used symbols and containment so that you can save time not having to manually type them in.

Greg from Melbrooke

Countfire Review

I have worked in the industry for many many years in directorship and management and used many costing / take off software. I can honestly say this is the best I have worked with. the level of detail you are with once you process a project is fantastic and it is very user friendly. And last but no means least the team are constantly on hand to help whenever needed and go above and beyond to ensure your experience with the software is positive. Thats not just an initial help that always.

Pros

I like near all features of the software but really like how user friendly it is and the level of customer care you get.

Cons

Not really come across anything that I dislike yet

Chris from Micahel J Lonsdale

Brilliant estimating tool and great customer Service to back it up!

Very helpful in times of need when a project needs a quick turnaround! The customer service team are also very responsive and there when you need them! Would highly recommend for estimating larger projects if you want to cut down on estimating time.

Pros

Speed, adaptability to pricing schedules/demarcations and the fact Countfire themselves are open to taking on ideas for user interface improvements to make take off easier

Cons

When drawings take ages to load up

Ciaran from Dlight Concepts ltd

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Quick, easy,fast and great support

Pros

The ability to drag, drop and created elements save days of manual counting on paper. the software can be used anywhere you have internet connection

Cons

an internet connection is required and a large amount of storage for dropbox also

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks Ciaran! Countfire now automatically frees up space within Dropbox meaning you no longer need to purchase a paid Dropbox account. With regard to needing an internet connection, there are a number of positives to consider too. We're able to provide near instant in-app support right when you need it (our current response time is less than 1 minute). Countfire is definitely not the kind of software you buy and then never hear from us again, and having an internet connection is an important part of us being able to provide that level of support to our customers. Additionally, new updates and features get rolled out immediately and we don't hold these back for a new version of the software, as can happen with traditional / older methods of software distribution. You always have the latest and best version.

John from YPHS

YPHS Electrical

fantastic

Pros

Easy to use fantastic tool , great support service when you need help

Adnan from PORR

Industry: Civil Engineering

Good, versatile, fast, ongoing development, active support

Pros

The software is a good alternative to the usual means of working with large plans, as it saves a lot of time and space/printing materials

Cons

One of the cons is the requirement of the chrome browser, since the additional software isn't supported by the IT Department.

Jeanne from Avondale Electric

Highly Recommend

Countfire enables the entire office to be involved which means an administrative assistant can do counts for the estimator freeing up the estimators time to handle the more complex details.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to master. Reports can be simply or page/area specific which makes it great when you need to do breakouts. Hot keys make the program flow, you can either use the mouse or use the keyboard - whichever you prefer. Best part is that once you select a symbol it searches all pages for that symbol making it very fast and freeing up a lot of time for other tasks. I have used on-screen take off, bluebeam and live count and found Countfire to be the quickest with the most detailed reports.

Cons

Not a lot of colors to choose from, would like to see more colors.

Diane from Lighting Visions Limited

Great so far

So far, it is early days, I have found everything very straightforward. I spent time working through a lot of the help screens before I attempted my first take off, but still encountered a problem selecting some symbols. I couldn't find the answer myself so used the chat option. Within minutes I was chatting to someone who could help straight away with advice and even videos to show me how to deal with my problem. Looking forward to learning more as I progress.

Pros

Cons

I actually haven't found anything I don't like so far, but I have only been using it for a short time. I think it is just a case of getting your head around what the software needs from you to do its thing.

Shane from DavidDoyleElectrical

Easy and interesting way to count drawings much more efficiently and quickly

Pros

It takes a bit of playing around with to get used to but any question I had was answered within minutes through the CountFire team chat, I find the automatic link with DropBox and CountFire very useful with all the counts done automatically through an excel quantities spreadsheet.

Cons

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied October 2017

Thanks Shane! I wanted to let you know we've just released a feature which allows you to automatically count symbols that are the same, but rotated through different angles :)

September 2015

jack from sensetech systems

September 2015

my review, would happily recommend!

the software is relatively easy to use. the downside is that there is alot to learn compared to doing it manually. it is getting better now i have used it for a few weeks, but as a new starter i struggled to begin with. maybe an online tutorial would work well, i am not sure if you have this or not. the customer service is excellent, another problem is countfire doesn't always pick up all of the symbols, i often have to double check. Nevertheless, it is great in the sense that it is much quicker than doing it manually, i would happily recommend it to other users.

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied September 2015

Thanks very much for your review Jack. In terms of training, we have training courses available and also have an online knowledge base. We're also always happy to jump on a screen sharing session to help learn the software on a one to one basis. With making sure you pick up all the symbols, this is even a problem when doing take-offs manually. To help with this, Countfire allows you to hide all the symbols you've already counted so you can easily see what's left to count, and it also produces a set of drawings with all your counted symbols removed, which can be used as a quality control / checking process to make sure you've counted everything.

Kevin from Maxim Electrical

Fantasitic Easy to use software

Fast tracking estimates

Pros

The level of accuracy and ability to populate all take offs into a spreadsheet format. the software is very easy to use even if you don't have great Computer skills

Cons

occasionally things can be a little slow if drawings files are large. if you don't have a great internet connection access can be difficult at times if working remotely from Home / Office PC

Aleshia from MSS Solutions

The product is easy to use and the support staff is amazing.

I have saved a lot of time on performing take offs.

Pros

I like its chat option and the great support staffs fast response time. I also like how when I have a problem that I may run into one of the members of the support team will help me immediately. They can actually open and view the actual project I am working on and will send me a clip of how to get past what problems I may be having.

Cons

Nothing. Everything about this software is amazing. The support staff has a quick response. They normally respond is less than 5 minutes.

Ben from Hager UK

A brilliant and innovative piece of software that's helped the estimating team.

Pros

The speed to be able to create a take-off which would've potentially taken many hours by hand. This software is saving the company so many man hours already.

Cons

Due to the way we use countfire we don't just use it for symbol counts. We use this for the measurement of luminaire leads. Sometimes the drawings can become a little busy and tricky to follow. So maybe the option to turn certain layers drawn in countfire off would help.

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks Ben! Assuming I've understood things correctly here, it's already possible to turn off both automatically counted symbols, and any linear / area measurements or manual points. It should just be a case of using the check boxes to the left of each symbol or measurement to hide it. There's more here: http://help.countfire.com/countfire-basics/hiding-matched-symbols

shaun from PMck Electrical

fast and easy to use

saves time

Pros

it saves a lot of time rather than manually counting the items. it tally's up all the drawing at the one time and its very easy to use.

Cons

that when you select an item it pick up others as well. and sometimes you may have to go over some drawing to see if it missed out any of the symbols

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks for your review Shaun! With regard to checking for symbols that haven't yet been counted, I wanted to reply with a help centre article outlining the 4 opportunities available to verify accuracy on your projects: http://help.countfire.com/best-practice-workflows/the-4-stages-of-checking

Davide from Legrand Electric ltd

Good experience, hope it will continue to improve

quicker quotation and counting

Pros

1) in general it is simple to use and give a quick access to count and item selection. 2) Very good the split selection

Cons

1)I would add description/comment in the drawings. 2)I would have more "Color selection" if it possible, as sometimes we've got a large number of selection to do (like Grey, Brown, etc...). 3)When we need to count "a point" there is a "circular selection" , could be nice have also a different other selection like a "triangle" or "rectangle". This could be very helpful.

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied June 2017

Thanks Davide! Wanted to let you know that we've just released an update to include more colours. Also, adding notes / comments to drawings, and additional symbol types for manual points are both already on product roadmap. Watch this space!

Stuart from E Thompson & Son Ltd

Countfire Review

We have been using the system now for around 6 weeks, during this time the Countfire people were very helpful in getting us set up correctly, as we are now more used to the software were seeing benefits of time saving and having easy access to neat and tidy take offs as apposed to trawling through the estimators files looking at unclear scribbles, also we no longer have to print off large amounts of A0 / A1 paper at tender stage saving cost and the environment.

Pros

Speed, Accuracy, environmental benefits, and easy to follow hints and tips.

Cons

Sometimes the information we are provided with by our customers is not in the correct format for Countfire to work at its full potential, this is not a fault of Countfire but a problem with the information we are working with

July 2016

Gary from Blackbourne Integrated M&E

July 2016

Easy & Fast

I've recently started using this software and already it has saved me time on measuring. I've used Countfire for 3 projects so far and it really is quick and simple to use. Once I've measured each individual drawing it then pulls everything across to my dropbox making it easy for me to check certain symbols. I can then print off my totals for each take off sheet. A great piece of software for estimating.

Pros

I like the way when you measure one drawing that it automatically counts the selected symbols throughout other drawings saving you loads of time during the tender.

Cons

It can be a little too sensitive when selecting certain symbols but that's down to the quality of the drawings provided. It can be easy corrected when checking each symbol in the editing section.

Peter from Desa Australia

The software has increased our output but most importantly accuracy

Increased speed and accuracy

Pros

We have found the software very easy to use, the support and backup is fantastic and the checking and reporting functions are great.

Cons

The main frustrating this is the time it takes to load drawings. Also as a large business we would like the option to purchase the software.

Miles from Winters Electrical

Very very quick and easy

A lot of time saved, also able to seperate out certain parts of drawings like landlords and tenants

Pros

So quick and simple to use and great spreadsheet produced to view quantities. Saves a lots of time over manual take offs.

Cons

Not down to the software, but due to some consultants poor drawings some drawings take a lot longer to take off.

Paul from Evolve

Countfire - Genius Program!

What can I say, Will and the guys over at Countfire a developed something truly amazing. Ease of use is spot on and does exactly what its meant to do! The support is second to none, I generally get an answer within a minute. This has made life so much easier than manual counting! Thanks guys!

Pros

Ease of use and support

Cons

Nothing

Stephen from ADS Systems, LLC

This is the product you wished someone would make but never knew existed.

This program cuts our paper cost and review time while increasing efficiency and accuracy.

Pros

Every feature incorporated into this product is top notch. It's speedy, efficient, and accurate. Multiple avenues to check your work and be assured in your counts. Work multiple disciplines within one job....there's just so much this program can do!

Cons

There's really not much to dislike with this program, but if I had to voice a small nit pick it would be that I would like to see more color options for device designation. Often we deal with large quantities of different devices. Like a said, I'm just nitpicking.

Adam from Group GA

Brilliant bit of kit

Pros

Ease of functions and effortless takeoff of multiple items

Cons

There is no automatic scale set or you cant measure say a doorway and tell countfire it should be 0.8m and it calculates the scale

Joseph from Chubb Systems

Quick and easy!

Pros

Its very simple to understand with lots of pointers and tips to get you doing. It is also very easy to use and packed with keyboard short cuts to help you find you way around.

Cons

It requires the use of a dropbox which might not always be practical in companies which have limited internet browsing.

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied October 2017

Thanks Joseph! In addition to Dropbox, Countfire actually supports OneDrive now too.

Chris from NG Bailey

Quick, Accurate & Easy

Pros

I was very pleased with how quick the customer support team are to deal with and help with any issues.

Atanas from Spurlite Ltd

Great Software!

Pros

- easy to use - when counting all references on one drawing it will automatically pick them out in the other drawings you have under the same project

Cons

- although I don't mind you having access to my screen and its great that if I ask you for help you are able to show me a video tutorial using my projects. However we as a company like to ensure our projects are safe and that project information isn't being shared with other companies.

Rachel from Designplan Lighting

Extremely Happy with this software

We are extremely happy with our overall experience using Countfire. The customer service has been amazing and we receive lots of support when needed. The time saved using this software has made a great impact on our company.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and time saving! With efficient ways of checking the marked up drawing, we have been able to reduce the amount of mistakes, and therefore costs to the company. If any issues occur when using the software, you can use the help section on the software and request help from a member of the Countfire Team, who reply back extremely quickly!

Cons

Almost all of my experiences with this software is positive. However, after the initial training, it does take a couple of times to fully familiarize yourself with all parts of the software.

steven from Rydan Electrical Serices

Countfire has changed he way I work

The time that I save now completing take off's using Countfire has freed me up to spend more time on other duties that are incorporated in my role. I'm also having more time to generate costs within the deadlines and increasing the amount of tenders completed.

Pros

Dramatic reduction in completing take off's Add and omit exercise are painless and easy. Time and saving on drawing production.

Cons

None...........................................

Steven from True Measure Solutions Ltd

Very good had excellent support from start to finish

Overall very good system. If on the manual measure/count you could have preset symbols for bends, tees etc for containment and if there was a data base for different containment types and sizes so that you could select rather than manually create. Maybe kits of some sort.

Pros

Ease of use, Being able to measure linear lengths, Counting symbols on mass, the spreadsheets that are processed are easy to read and adjust to suit.

Cons

Having to manually count when symbols are of a poor quality. If the wrong symbols were hi-lighted on the check sheets for the symbols would make the evaluation easier

Craig from Dextra Group PLC

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Quick Takeoff Solution

We are now able to significantly process a lot more drawings than when we were manually counting drawings. This has increased productivity significantly

Pros

Its a lot faster than manually counting drawings, the ability to be able to check the outputs to ensure everything is correct, gives you the confidence that it is 100%

Cons

The cost of the solution is quite high considering its simplicity

Ryan from Encom Systems

The people behind Countfire make the product Great

Great communication.

Pros

The customer support is really excellent and cuts time spent learning to use of the software dramatically. The guys behind Countfire respond to even the simplest query immediately and take the initiative to get in touch and show how to do things in better or faster ways.

Cons

Like any software Countfire takes some getting used to.

June 2016

Mark from KNI - NG Bailey

June 2016

Thinking of buying Countfire?

The demonstrations and continuing support were excellent. I was impressed with the way it counts multiple drawings.

Pros

Really easy to use. Fast & efficient take offs. Check sheet/drawings at end.

Cons

It takes a little bit of practice at the start but don't be put off! Play with the software and ask for help when you get stuck/don't understand what you are trying to do.

Craig from HF Electrical Limited

Easy to use, Great customer service.

Pros

I like the fact we can increase our productivity with both speed and accuracy without the expense of employing an additional estimator.

Dave from Mitie

Easy to use programme reducing the time taken taking off quantities.

Time Saving

Pros

Ease of use being able to breakdown the drawings into areas to suit the Tender Analysis Breakdown detailing disciplines & areas

Cons

September 2016

Declan from Kirby Group

September 2016

Kirby Countfire review

Very good, , speed, excellent support , features user friendly with keyboard shortcuts helpful.. Control mechanisms very good and you can see that it is designed to meet the requirements of Building Services estimating.

Pros

Speed

Cons

Sometimes software picks up similar symbols, with check mechanisms this is eliminated

Toby from Groestar Ltd

Excellent Package.

It saves an amazing amount of time from manually completing Take offs from drawings mainly due to the fact that as your working on 1 drawing the package is actually completing the take offs of all other drawings you have submitted in the background.

Pros

For someone with what I describe as a limited Computer knowledge it was very easy to use and when i did have any problems the Customer Support Team were Fantastic.

Cons

I think it probably depends upon the standard of drawing you are Tendering from but we found you had to copy alot of the same symbol to pick them all up.

Jose from Ingelectra Constructora

Excellent App

I tested it in a very complex proyect that probably in the normal way (printing the drawings and counting manually) it could take more than a week, but using countfire it took only 1 hour and a half. Save time, save money and most important give accurate information.

Pros

The time you spend in a hole proyect is a Time saver

Cons

at this point everything is fine

Ben from Designer Group

Great Software, Great People.

Countfire is a useful software for take-offs, saving time and money from printing and manually counting, you select a symbol and it automatically counts it across all of the drawings! An improvement would be an auto-orientation correction. As currently if a symbol is rotated at all or displayed slightly differently it won't register it and you have to select that individual symbol for it to recognize it. Although the development of the software has been fantastic and the customer support is second to none! never experienced such great customer support! Well done

Pros

The Customer Support and Ease of use

Cons

Slow Loading times when selecting drawings

Response from Rapid Tender

Replied October 2017

Thanks Ben! I wanted to let you know we've just released a feature which allows you to automatically count symbols that are the same, but rotated through different angles :)

Sam from PTC Systems Ltd.

Very helpful staff. good pre sales period. great software

Pros

Accurate pin point reviews of drawings and measuring along with demaracations covers all bases. Very detailed and produces great information to give to the customer

Cons

Takes a bit to get your head around at first but not an issue and is expected. Eased through initial process by good staff team