All Countfire Reviews

Kelly

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Amazing Software - Would definitely recommend!!

Great, efficient, time saver!!

PROS

Easy & straightforward to use. Great user interface. Reliable automated counting (if drawings are half decent!)

CONS

Copying symbol selection over to new drawings & also reviewing later revisions of drawings does not always work as it should with no real explanation as to why apart from it being something related to the drawing

Automated counting

Thanks Kelly - appreciate you leaving this review! Really glad to hear you're getting on with Countfire so well. You're correct, copying symbols doesn't always work. Occasionally the revised drawings have been created slightly differently - there are usually 2 reasons why Countfire will not automatically find matches: 1 - The drawings have been converted to an image, removing the drawing layers - which means the symbols are not selectable 2 - When the original drawing was revised the symbols have been drawn differently or changed (i.e. the make-up of the symbols has different - for example the shape of a light fitting has changed).

Replied June 2023

Eric

Construction, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2019

CountFire Automated Take-Off Software

I could not be more pleased with CounFire. It is fast, accurate, easy to use, and has cut my time to perform a take-off by a factor of 10. Some may question a factor of 10, but try it and see that drawing symbols when counted on one drawing are also counted on all other drawings within the project drawing package automatically. Orientation is not an issue, and items not picked up are easily identified and added to the correct symbol list. Check drawings are also supplied as part of the final report to assure all errors have been resolved.

PROS

CountFire being a cloud based service gets you up and running quickly. CountFire Sales is there to get you started and introduce you to Technical Assistance and Training. The On-Line Help function is integral to the CountFire Platform allowing you to be able to function seamlessly as you work on projects. I can count drawing elements or make extremely accurate measurements in one tenth of the time I did manually without the cost of drawing reproduction. The Final Reports are perfectly formatted in MSExcel and ready for Bill of Material development.

CONS

I am still looking for a Con. I thought that since CountFire is in Great Britain that communications might be hampered by five, (5) time zones, but this was not the case. CountFire was there 24X7 to solve my self-inflicted start-up issues.

1. Cloud Based, 2. Price, 3. Ease of Use, 4. Support

Reviewed June 2023

Great Tool for Estimating

PROS

So easy to take off all elements and easier than trying to mark up manually

CONS

Nothing to add on this one that I have found at the moment

Appreciate the review David. It's great to hear you're finding it easy to complete your takeoffs in Countfire. We really welcome feedback from our users so if you do think of any features you'd like to see, you can either use the "Give feedback" option or "Send us a message" using the orange button in the bottom right hand corner of the app.

Replied November 2023

Caroline

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

First time user

Very positive so far - still learning but for me it has been quite easy to pick up so am very confident I will have the hang of it quite quickly.

PROS

It is very straightforward. I am a bit of a tech phobic and am picking this up quite easily.

CONS

Nothing yet as I have only been on it for a very short while

Great review – thanks Caroline! Awesome to hear you're picking up Countfire easily. If you have any questions, we always encourage our customers to send us a message – just click the orange button in the bottom right hand corner of the app.

Replied December 2023

Jonathan

Reviewed September 2020

Best Software in the market

It has made our estimating more productive and accurate.

PROS

Its a lot more intelligent than other software's

CONS

The cost is slightly higher than we would like to pay.

Reason for choosing Countfire

It was more intelligent and you can breakdown sections easier.

Reasons for switching to Countfire

After our demo and because of the clunky software we previously had.

Ronan

Reviewed November 2019

Game Changer...

Using countfire has completely changed the way I do my job. I have gone from old school drawings and highlighters to paperless and streamlined. I would guess that it has increased my productivity by a factor of 3. Every day I learn of a new feature and if I have any questions or issues, they are dealt with quickly and efficiently by one of the superb and knowledgeable customer service gurus. I love that they are paying attention to what I am doing constantly and suggesting ways to improve how I'm doing it. Overall, this is a really great tool with FLAWLESS customer service, regardless of timezone issues. Thank you Countfire team.

PROS

It's easy to use, functions really well and they've thought of (almost!) everything! It's really great that it puts all the information into a nice, neat Excel spreadsheet so I can easily add my costings and work out my prices.

CONS

I'm only a couple of months into using countfire but there's nothing I don't like about it. I have made a couple of suggestions for features - I need to be able to switch from imperial to metric measurements at will being the main one. Autosave another. I think that these have been taken on board.

Reason for choosing Countfire

Autocount was far superior in Countfire and they didn't seem too concerned when I raised the issue.

Richard

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Countfire

Labour & cost saving, great product

PROS

Very efficient, software very easy to use, great support team, would not want to be without it.

CONS

Having correct symbols for design purposes, this is in the pipeline.

Reason for choosing Countfire

Much easy to use and the counting quantities is much more efficient with the download

Reasons for switching to Countfire

Countfire is much more efficient and has additional benefits

Rytis

Design, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2023

Countfire

Very good experience so far with a lot of support. Quite expensive cost wise.

PROS

Easy to use for take offs and counts same symbols over multiple drawings in one go.

CONS

Symbol recognition doesn't work properly sometimes.

Thanks for the review Rytis. Great that you're finding Countfire easy to use. Sometimes when the drawings are created the symbols can look the same but have been drawn slightly differently – Countfire doesn't automatically include slightly different symbols when you make your selection to aid the accuracy of your takeoff. All you need to do is make an additional selection of the different symbol and Countfire will automatically search for matches across all of your drawings for that selection too.

Replied December 2023

Joshua

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

New user of countfire

PROS

Being a new user of the program is has been very user friendly and the tutorials were very informative.

CONS

one con to mention i noticed straight away is you can min/maximise the task bar on the right to view the drawing full page.

Aaron

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Very good service and the system saves a lot of time

PROS

the ease of use for take offs is very good

CONS

some other features can be confusing however the countfire team are more than happy to help out

Shaun

Reviewed November 2021

Countfire 2 Year Review

PROS

Central storage of all takeoff documents. No more boxes of rolled-up plans cluttering my office. I would typically fill 1-2 boxes every month, so it really has reduced clutter and the overall appearance of my office. It definitely saves money when you consider that you no longer have to plot jobs that you don't win. That is a lot of paper, toner, and wear on your plotter. The software is very easy to use and you can be fully trained on all of the keyboard shortcuts and navigation in less than a week. After about 5 jobs, you will very confident that you aren't missing any devices during takeoff and will have your own workflow for getting a takeoff done. The developers are constantly making improvements, adding features, bug fixes, and you get pretty routine feedback when one of your feature requests are considered or implemented. Customer and Tech support is top-notch and very responsive, and everyone seems to be very well trained on the product. It is also a very small team, so you will typically be speaking (texting) with someone you're familiar with.

CONS

The software is 100% cloud-based, and from my early conversations with the sales team, is the heart of their mission and will never change. That alone is not a negative, however, I feel that some of the processing could (and should) be done on your local machine and then pushed to the cloud to create the "output package". Moving between pages of a PDF is not as fast as scrolling in your preferred PDF reader. It's not slow, but there is definitely a pause before you're ready to work on the next sheet. It seems they could have better control of the user interface if there was a PC-based client option. If you need support, the time difference from Eastern US to the UK can sometimes be a challenge, but the support team is absolutely great and will respond back to you outside of their normal working hours, assuming they aren't sleeping. All support is initially done through an in-app chat bot that will recommend that you go read articles based on your questions. I will admit that most of the time, the recommended articles DO contain your answers, but I personally just like to call and talk to someone. I realize this would put a strain on their resources though, so I rate this as a very small negative. I would rather support maintain their current level of quality than be burdened with phone calls over minor issues. If you do have a major issue or prefer to speak to someone, you can ask for a call and they will call you.

Construction, 10,000+ employees

Mechanical take Offs

I have found using Countfire really helpful as it is more accurate than printing and marking drawings and also i believe faster

PROS

I have found that even though it is mainly for the electrical trade i have adapted it with the help of the Countfire Team to mechanical use

CONS

Nothing. It has suited all my needs and assists in my day to day works

Thanks so much for your kind review Mark. Yes, although it's not specifically designed for the mechanical trade, Countfire is flexible and you can adapt it to your way of working. It's great you've found using Countfire really helpful and more accurate than printing and marking drawings. I agree, it's definitely faster too as you don't have to worry about adding up your measurements or losing your place if you're interrupted - Countfire keeps a track of all that for you. Once you've finished your takeoff you also get a set of marked up drawings and a spreadsheet splitting out your quantities.

Replied July 2023

Luke

Reviewed May 2023

Countfire Review

It has been a great use so far, saves time greatly and eliminates the needs for printing and doing takeoffs manually

PROS

It saves an incredible amount of time when doing takeoffs and the other features make it much easier to complete many time consuming tasks. Also the countfire team shows you all of the ins and outs so you always know what you are doing.

CONS

No negatives at this time.

Thanks for the review Luke! Awesome to hear Countfire is saving you an incredible amount of time and making it easier to complete tasks. You're spot on – our support team are on hand to provide training and live support to make sure you're confident using Countfire and getting the most out of the software. No negatives at this time – brilliant! If you do come across anything, we always like to receive feedback from our customers. You can submit feedback using the orange support button in-app. It's great that you're benefitting from not having to print and store your drawings too. All of your projects are stored in your account so they're ready for you to dive back in as and when you need to.

Replied September 2023

Malcolm

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

One Year In Review

The system is very easy to use which makes the familiarisation process quire easy. With any new software you have to familiarise yourself with the peculiarities of the system and work with it to get the best from it which is what we have found with Countfire. The first thing you notice is the speed and responsiveness of the auto count system which is so much better than other systems we have tried. We have found Countfire to suit our business needs but there are improvements to be made and hopefully we will see this product develop further.

PROS

Easy to use, fast, useful for auto counting from certain revised drawings such as lighting. Demarcation of drawings is a good feature.

CONS

There is no 'back' button to help you correct mistakes - you have to rely on not saving changes which is not ideal. Recognition of different orientation of symbols is limited to 90 degrees only - expanding this would be useful. Typical small power symbol auto count can be time consuming because of how symbols are recognised by the system, this makes the auto count process unreliable particularly across multiple drawings - a manual count often becomes the best option which defeats the object.

Reasons for switching to Countfire

We switched from an alternative auto count system in the main because the original system we had was unreliable in terms of general symbol recognition and was particularly slow in comparison to Countfire.

Neil

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

This product has revolutionized the way i run my business...

I've found the software brilliant and the customer service exceptional. Its taken my business to the next level and couldn't imagine how i would run my business without it.

PROS

Easy and quick to use. Absolutely brilliant.

CONS

It would be nice to be able to copy test off the drawings to paste in the software

So great to hear Countfire has made such a difference to your business Neil! In terms of copying text from drawings, we're sometimes a little restricted to what's contained within the PDFs and how it's been saved, but I can definitely see how useful it would be. I know we've got a feature request open for it currently.

Replied February 2023

Terry

Reviewed May 2017

Makes life very easy.

PROS

Countfire makes doing takeoffs extremely easy and the amount of time it saves leaves more time to do other things that need doing.

CONS

not enough colours in the palette, When you measure & ask for itemised it measures every click not just start to finish giving far to many reults

Thanks Terry! I wanted to let you know we released an update recently to include more colours. With measurements and how they're saved into the Excel spreadsheet, you have a choice between not itemised (just the overall total) and itemised (each individual measurement). Itemising does definitely result in a larger spreadsheet because there's just a lot more information to represent within Excel, however, I also wanted to point you towards a workaround we have which allows you to round & summarise those measurements towards specific lengths (EG: set busbar lengths etc. There's more here: http://help.countfire.com/workarounds/summarising-measurement-items

Replied June 2017

charlie

Reviewed May 2023

Saving time to tackle the high end cost items!

PROS

The new feature to overlay drawings to save time taking off similar drawings more than once.

CONS

Can be long processing some complicated drawings.

Dougie

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Best thing to happen top take-offs

PROS

So easy to use and if there is something you're not sure about Support are very quick to respond and walk/ talk you through it

CONS

Doesnt integrate with 3 party estimation software which would be nice but not essential

Thanks Dougie! Really glad you're getting on well with the software. In terms of estimating, while we don't yet have integrations with other tools, we do have our own estimating side that would be well worth a look. It learns from previous estimates and does a huge amount of heavy lifting for you—means you don't need to reinvent the wheel with each estimate you do. If you haven't had a demo already, I'd recommend firing us a quick message in-app and one of our product specialists can jump on a call and walk you though it.

Replied January 2023