• Pros

• "What I have found is that it is like a google search engine directed towards my job. Really helps me find a certain spec or submittal section for my job quicker."

• "It's easy and quick to navigate through drawings."

• "How easy the uploading process is, and the user-friendliness, so that even guys in the field who would normally not be tech-savvy can use it"

• Cons

• "I think it would be nice to expand its use to include more of the office style documentation. Once you are used to using it as a search, things that are not in the system seem like a pain to look up. "

• "Times when I have to manually input information from drawings or specs, but it's easy to fix."

• "The auto-identification of document title blocks isn't perfect, but it is continuously improving."

Browse DADO Reviews

Rachel from Andy J Egan Company

I'd give 15 out of 5 if I could!

I've never experienced the level of service and support from any type of company, especially a software company. We're very excited to work with DADO and implementation has been a breeze! They respond almost immediately to any and all communication, and they value feedback like I've never seen before. They're truly making this a top of the line product FOR their users and it shows. Invaluable in my opinion. I can't imagine NOT having DADO after having used it.

Pros

I love that it saves me so much time on a day to day basis. It really creates a clear path to information we've never had before. Our field staff is more efficient and our office staff is able to focus more on operations rather than assisting with finding information.

Cons

I would love a bit more automation, although I'm told this is something the team at DADO is working on implementing and based on their track record of superior responsiveness, I've no doubt life will get even easier thanks to DADO.

Response from DADO

Replied October 2020

Rachel, it's been a pleasure working with you and the AJE team, and really awesome to hear DADO is a part of your daily routine!

Breana from Andy J Egan

Andy Egan Dado Admin/User

Overall, I really like DADO. I like how user friendly it is. This makes it a lot easier to get people using DADO. I would just suggest finding a way to get DADO to read info on documents a little better. This would save me even more time.

Pros

I like how user friendly this software is. It's pretty easy to navigate and upload documents in DADO, as well as, show new users how easy it is to use DADO. MY favorite thing about DADO, is how documents automatically sync from BIM. This saves lots of time on my end.

Cons

Sometimes DADO can't read info on drawings I upload. For example, it can have a hard time reading dates when I click on 'Identify Info'. If I'm trying to upload 50+ drawings, and I have to go through and fix dates on each one, that can be a little time consuming.

Response from DADO

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your feedback Breana! We are working on some improvements to text recognition that should help reduce the amount of manual work you need to do to make your documents searchable. Keep an eye out - they're coming soon!

Cassandra from Weldon Contractors

Office to Field Application

Tedious at times but seems to be getting better, especially as more users jump on.

Pros

Getting our Supers the Prints and Specs and Misc Documents.

Cons

I wish they could use it as a form fill, like daily reports, mark up drawings. Filter buttons on the home page to be able to filter down by PM. More customizable categories to upload into.

Travis from The Helm Group

DADO delivers the goods

The Cons are not major strikes and the team ad DADO has been very proactive and engaged in working to remove any pain points. I feel that any construction company would benefit from working with DADO to help make their field teams, where we all make our money, more effective and efficient.

Pros

DADO delivers on its value prop. Taking all of our project documentation and providing easy, reliable, and industry specific search so our field teams can locate the information they need quickly to do their job. Our project teams spend less time sifting through file folders or calling back to the office to get their questions answered. Excellent document viewer and search.

Cons

Two things that need a bit of refinement, and they are working on it, are file syncing from other datasources and working to lighten the administrative burden to get documents published.

Response from DADO

Replied October 2020

Travis, it's been great working with you and the Helm team. Your product feedback and willingness to be a true partner with us is truly appreciated!

Andrew from Andy Egan

Using DADO

I very pleased with the ease of use with DADO. very easy to find spec and drawings

Pros

I really enjoy using the DADO site. I allows me to walk through the site without a set of drawings. I can show coworkers the drawings or pull up other trade drawings to try and locate and conflicts before they take place.

Cons

I have noticed that I constantly get kicked off the DATO site. Not sure if this is a DADO problem or an iPad problem. I make sure my iPad is always updated.

Response from DADO

Replied December 2020

Andrew, thanks for the feedback, Walker from our team will be reaching out to get some additional info. Our next release will certainly have some performance improvements that should improve upon your experience!

Lee from Ben Hur Construction

Field Access is Awesome

Dado has proved to be an effective field document solution for our company. For a long time, I was looking for a cost-effective app that would keep the latest information in the hands of our field employees and make their jobs smoother and their work better. The app and more importantly Dado’s employees are forward-looking and helpful.

Pros

The voice search feature is great, and the app has serious potential to improve the quality and efficiency of our work. The app is progressive and very helpful. and more importantly Dado’s employees are forward-looking and helpful.

Cons

Response from DADO

Replied October 2020

Lee, we really appreciate the opportunity to work with you and Ben Hur Construction! Your innovative mindset and field-first approach make for a great partnership. We look forward to building more together!

Jonathan from Steel Toe ConsultingLLC

Way better then folder hopping. DADO is how I want to get to all my information.

Pros

Biggest thing for me was just being able to get to the information I need all at once. I did not have to open 5 windows to multiple locations and try to leapfrog between apps. All my information appeared like it was in one place.

Cons

Response from DADO

Replied October 2020

Thank you Jonathan. Stay tuned, we will soon be able to support and optimize search for other document types that are commonly used in the office!

Scott from Andy J. Egan dba Pressures and Pipes

Using DADO

First time using it but every time I use it, it gets easier and quicker to find stuff.

Pros

Cons

I have found that my foreman struggle a little because the words they use are not the exact words in the specs or submittals. With me being the estimator and project manager, I had to read all of these documents and submit on all the submittals so I know the exact verbiage better than they do. Example, they want to find the submittal on the water closets. It is not labeled in the spec or submittals as "water closets" but under "plumbing fixture".

Response from DADO

Replied November 2020

Thank you for the honest feedback Scott. We are going to see if we can incorporate your recommendation about pluming fixtures into our search. If you ever think of additional ways we can make our search tool more useful for you and your team, please let us know by reaching out at feedback@projectdado.com!

Mike from Andy Egan

Dado Review

Pros

The voice to text search feature is great! Once training is complete, the feedback is generally positive from the field personnel

Cons

It can be frustrating to users who get lost in the weeds somewhat easily. They begin to scroll thru results and can overlook the one thing they began looking for in the first place.

Nichole from Weldon Contractors

Easy to use, practical, beneficial

I love the software. We use it to set up new jobs to hand off to the construction team, so all their documents are ready to access

Travis from Andy Egan Co

Dado review

Pros

It's easy and quick to navigate through drawings.

Cons

I don't notice an glaring issues. I would like to be able to compare drawing revisions easier.

Austin from Andy J Egan

good

Pros

Easy to use, I like how it adds the weather in the daily reports

Cons

laptop and tablet do not work the same way

Justin from Weldon Contractors

DADO Review

Pros

DADO is most useful for me when I am searching for specific information found within submittals and specs. You can search specific items and it takes you directly to the document you need rather than shuffling through a spec book.

Cons

If you have a large amount of documents uploaded to DADO, generic searches sometimes produce large search results that can take time to find the exact document you need.