All eSUB Reviews

Patryk

Elite Exteriors

Good - customer support and over all base for running and managing the project from the office.

PROS

Document management and history of emails.

CONS

High entry level for not that tech savy workers.

Reason for choosing eSUB

Value for the money and modules more suitable for subcontractor.

Christopher

Reviewed August 2019

Communication at it's finest

When it comes to RFIs and submittals, eSub tackles the task as needed. Quick and efficient. Keeps projects moving forward and profitable

PROS

eSUb is communication at its finest. Seamless path between members who inquiry and provide approvals

CONS

nothing not liked. eSub continued to improve and update its software

Reason for choosing eSUB

eSub support and ease of use was the deal closer

Ashley

eSUB

PROS

It's online. It has a visual graphic to represent hours used versus budget

CONS

Phases are not listed numerically, along with many other things where it would make sense. Unable to copy an employees timecard over from the previous week- or hold a default timecard that you could fill in - with an appearance like an excel sheet which would save a lot of time for entry. Unable to export phases for time keeping- which causes manual entry at the end. Everything has to be manually entered.

Reasons for switching to eSUB

They thought it would provide better budget versus hours status

Jonathan

Reviewed January 2024

ESUB summary

I like using ESUB. Only platform I’ve used but like showing work performed in certain areas and capturing hours daily

PROS

Easy input for job descriptions. Keeping track of hours and submitting for payroll

CONS

The delay I get on finishing a daily report and the process of deleting a crew if needed

Brian

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ employees

My Time with eSUB

Better than anything I have ever used to track project progress

PROS

I like the simplicity of getting in to review projects in progress.

CONS

It difficult to upload pictures of work in progress - Biggest complaint from Team Members

It was already done when I started with A&B Processing

Janet

Transitioning from Sage to eSUB

We are still learning, but the eSUB team has been great! Thorough, patient, informative, and with good answers to our questions.

PROS

Simple comprehensive dashboard; fewer steps for some tasks

CONS

reporting needs improvement; more steps for some tasks

Reason for choosing eSUB

Most well-rounded and streamlined application for our needs.

Reasons for switching to eSUB

To simplify methods and improve speed/accuracy. We still use Sage for accounting.

Ebony

Reviewed December 2022

keeps improving

From when I personally started using eSUB, back in 2015, I have never felt uneasy about the software. I have always had the confidence in using the software because of the very first and initial meeting, deployment, and support I have received from the eSUB support team and those special people who have managed our account! When you take the time to show a customer/user how your product can impact their productivity and success in a positive way, you've gained more than their business, you've gained loyalty!

PROS

Our 7 year partnership with eSUB has been an inspiring one! Over the years we have seen improvements in the software and when we have questions, concerns, or need further instruction for use of eSUB, we are able to get a response and dedicated support!

CONS

The software currently is not fully customizable, but we have been assured that this is all changing once eSUB 2.0 is fully released and available for us to deploy all phases.

Carly

Good Software

PROS

I typically use E-sub to generate submittals, purchase orders and change orders. It's super effective for this, as i can attach documents to the submittal as well and it helps keep me organized and have all of my submittals in one place.

CONS

Sometimes the software can be glitchy and will not allow me to add certain files/takes a long time to load.

Cost reasons.

eddie

Reviewed November 2023

Worth the money

Love it! The best things about it are keeping track of everything

PROS

The way you can track lost time to jobs and keeping track of workers time.

CONS

Kinda hard to navigate to some areas. For instance trying to figure out how to print a weekly time sheet that included everyone on the job and the amount of hrs they worked.

Mike

Reviewed June 2023

A most for all subcontractors

Our overall experience has been excellent

PROS

Record management, job costing, communication with our customers, payroll for our employees, communication with our employees in the field, daily reports with pictures of the projects

CONS

The price increase from our original price

Eric

Reviewed February 2023

If you are not using PM software you are losing money

Communication between the field/project manager/ and accounting. We're truly capturing dollars that used to be lost. Very happy with eSub and recommend it to all of my "friendly" colleagues.

PROS

The software has allowed us to communicate efficiently between the operations in the field and the project manager. More efficiently capturing change order dollars that used to be lost.

CONS

I understand why the system is so robust but there ought to be a way to streamline e-mailing documents to general contractors. Once it is initially set up on the first e-mail it should not be that I MUST make the same selections every time. Default should be to include support documents. Subject line for change order e-mails should be the project/CO#/CO Subject.

Reasons for switching to eSUB

I felt there was a better way to do things and found that with eSub. Communication is key!

Rosie

Reviewed April 2023

Esub with stand the Time

WE keep growing fast and having esub grow with us has kept us strong.

PROS

I wanted to create a place where all employees have a central place to communicate. To be able to provide

CONS

I feel as though when I come with an issue. Esub support team is there to answer or fix the issue and then show me how to input the change, This is why I have Esub for our buisness needs.

Reason for choosing eSUB

Esub was at that time was better for subcontractors.

Reasons for switching to eSUB

We needed our files in the cloud so Designers and field crew would have access to files while in the field or else where.

Jose

Reviewed August 2022

I really like eSUB but I could improve and add some things

PROS

The product is easy to use, it is friendly even for people with very basic computer knowledge to work on daily reports, which facilitates the training of new users even with the mobile APP.

CONS

I would like the electronic signature of the workers to be included in the daily reports. For the time card, the signature of the time of entry and exit would be great for the time of generating the Time report. Speaking of the Time report, it would be great if a couple more cells could be implemented that have the cost code and the phase number, the lack of that makes me have to do it manually, which requires more time.

Erick

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

PROS

I love the logs and how everything is organized from most recent to oldest. This function is quite good.

CONS

File upload is capped off at 25MB. Bigger size uploads and previous for those files would be really helpful. Especially on a mobile app. In addition, the rates for change orders need to be saved. This feature is in use, however it affects all projects (including past projects). LAUSD projects have different costs in comparison to other projects.. So adding a keyword that will save these costs in the future would be very helpful in the long run.

Steve

Reviewed October 2019

Manage Your Business

The verification of work completed, with story of what was happening on job. The ability to see the progress of each job everyday.

PROS

The easy to see what is happening on every job with daily report, job site pictures to verify the reports, tracking progress of the job from the budget to the finish. To verify your milestones to check with each department to find out if we are ahead or behind on the project.

CONS

We would like to set-up the budgets and have them transfer into Quick Books Enterprise at this time it's all double entry. Transfer fabrication / pull list from quick book enterprise to Esub for verifying on budget for materials and equipment charges to job. This would then make pre-billing worksheets a breeze.

Vance

Reviewed September 2018

Lives up to what it is supposed to do.

Gaining better control with our projects has saved time and money and our customers like the fact we are on top of the project at all times. Being pro-active rather than re-active is largly due to using eSub and the daily reports turned in by the field employees. Very user friendly for all employees.

PROS

Good support from everyone we dealt with at eSub Better control of Projects from start to finish. Easy for field employees to enter required information

CONS

No real problems. The eSub program has even more features than we havebeen using. We wish we could have had this system earlier.

Lissette

Reviewed August 2018

The Best Construction Software!

PROS

I love the ease of use both from the office and field side. As a Construction Management professional with over 19+ years of experience, I can say that Esub is the best software I have used for Document Control and Retention. Also, the technical support has been awesome, you can actually speak to a live person that walks you step by step through the use of the software.

CONS

I truly have no complaints! In working in this industry as long as I have, this software has proven to be the best!

Jacqueline