What are FOUNDATION users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FOUNDATION software through verified user reviews

• icon"Reporting is excellent and is not only used by our accounting staff, but also by our project management staff to monitor job performance and budget/cost comparisons."
  • icon"Creative and useful DataGenie tools. All Modules are well integrate together."
  • icon"Accounts Payable features are easy to use and data input in quick and easy, allows you to attached copies of the invoices so others can see what was shipped and invoiced."
  • icon"Some areas are hard to taylor to our needs but tech finds a way around it."
  • icon"I guess not the newest modern software out there. No real complain here, some of the complain you need to put in to context and the company size."
  • icon"I did not find a reason to dislike anything about the Foundation software."

Browse all FOUNDATION Reviews

• Have you used FOUNDATION and would like to share your experience with others?

Project Management

It's been wonderful to implement a new software to our project management.

Pros

This software is great for keeping all documents relating to a project in one spot. It links all the items I use daily to the project so I don't have to store them on my computer.

Cons

Took a little navigation to find where and how to get things in there. As well as the form making, but overall, not much I don't like.

Response from Foundation Software

Thank you for your positive review and taking time to share your feedback with FOUNDATION. We are happy to hear our software is meeting your expectations and making life easier for you and your project management team. Let me know if you'd like to talk with someone about making those custom forms and reports easier for you. We are happy to help. -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Replied October 2020

Foundation Software makes construction accounting easy to understand.

Foundation has made record keeping easy and ready for outside auditors review procedures.

Pros

Cost, user friendliness, help screens updated and online, and support is second to none.

Cons

Absolutely nothing! Hope to expand our usage of Foundation software because we believe that we have not experienced the whole package benefit to date with different modules.

Reasons for choosing FOUNDATION

Cost, setup looked easy, user friendly and construction job specific.

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

Construction accounting and work in process excellent and user friendly.

Response from Foundation Software

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear you're finding our software and support to be a valuable asset in all areas of your business. We look forward to a continued relationship with you and your team. You mentioned you'd like to expand your usage with our software. Check out the many Sales Demos available to you on the Client Portal. If you have any questions about that, or want to have someone from our team contact you, please let me know. I'm happy to help. Again, thank you! -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

lou

Strong Program, lack of support and updates

There are better programs out there.

Pros

The program does it all besides estimating. Has a good system of checks and balances and everything is tracked so very hard for employees to cover their tracks. It does a lot well but everything has its hiccups.

Cons

There are several things I dislike about the product as it has so much potential to be 10x better yet they have no ambition to make it better. 95% up the updates released by foundation software are fixes to glitches or problems. Very rarely is there an actual new feature or upgrade to the program. There are several flaws with the program that would be easy to fix, which have been suggested but go unanswered. Such as the pages scroll very awkwardly, they jump at the end of the page onto the next page but not at the top of the page. Very difficult to review a report on the screen when it keeps going back and forth. Their support team must have a very high turnover as everytime I call I know more than the person who is suppose to be providing the support. To their credit they do go and get the right answer and get back to you but the typical resolution to a problem is 24 hours. For us 2 hours is a long time when your waiting on an important resolution such as payroll.

Response from Tracie

Hi Al. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts on FOUNDATION. Honestly it is not what we expected to hear from you and are deeply concerned about your disappointment. We strive to produce the absolute best product and service for our clients, although we understand at times using new software can be frustrating. One of our training managers will reach out this week to coordinate a time that’s convenient for you and discuss your concerns in greater detail. We hope that you will take our call so we can work toward resolving any outstanding issues and make FOUNDATION a successful accounting investment for your construction business. We look forward to working with you.

Replied July 2017

Angel

Best Accounting Software for Construction Business

I feel like it pretty much has all the features it needs to run a construction business as far as accounting goes

Pros

That we can do AIA billing and. Certified payroll

Cons

Not run on a cash basis and. Dry hard to change posted items.

Reasons for choosing FOUNDATION

It has more features geared towards construction

More Features

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Angel! Thank you for your great review. We're happy to hear you love the functionality of our software and are benefitting from our advanced AIA and Certified Payroll capabilities. We look forward to working with you and your team and providing you the quality product you expect for years to come. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Always happy to help. -Robin, Client Success Advocate rmo@foundationsoft.com

Replied October 2021

Gayle

Great Software, Very Good Value, Oustanding Support. Usually get call back within 30 minutes

We save time on payroll since we no longer had to manually enter time cards for all the field employees. Project managers can easily view their project reports, rather than have to wait for a report to be printed and given to them.

Pros

Ease of use. Once we got past the implementation, which was really pretty simple, we were off and running. Payroll importing of timecards feature is outstanding, no daily data entry except for overhead employees. You create your menu an follow the steps. Accounts Payable features are easy to use and data input in quick and easy, allows you to attached copies of the invoices so others can see what was shipped and invoiced. Check writing is simple and automatically creates additional invoice stub if invoices exceed allowed space on check.

Cons

Would like to see ability to create more reports and lists without all the other data on the report. Must import to excel for some things, which to me is an extra step that could be avoided. Ability to insert blank lines on lists to separate employees on custom employee lists. Doesn't have subaccounts for accounts that you want in more detail, such as repairs to your building or keeping auto expenses separately if you don't purchase the equipment module.

Reasons for choosing FOUNDATION

Easy of use in all modules. Ability to do multi state payroll in one batch. AIA invoicing much simpler to revise if a mistake is made. Better job cost reports for project managers. We called multiple customers to get their reviews and

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

Lack of enhancements, requests were pending for 4 years and not implemented. Cumbersome to use. If you had to call support wait time was poor. If you had additional questions, sometimes they would answer, sometimes had to have another support case opened.

Ed

Good product for construction companies

Our users regularly give positive feedback, finding Foundation easier to use than our prior system. Support is excellent - we can submit help tickets online through the software and get calls back within 60-90 minutes (faster for the few times we indicated it was a critical issue). They use a customized version of TeamViewer to connect to our system and walk us through new processes or show us how to resolve problems.

Pros

Consistency of workflow across modules, tight integration with their Payroll4Construction product, and minimal conflicts when multiple users are in the same module. Our prior accounting system gave us conflicts daily. Posting is also a streamlined process with good paperless options. It is easy to modify print templates for invoices, checks, etc.

Cons

The report module could be a bit more robust in terms of creating custom reports. But we've been able to build reports that meet our needs, even they aren't quite as customized as in our prior system (which used Crystal Reports).

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

Initially, it was to move to a construction-specific payroll product. But the integration between the payroll and accounting modules led us to migrate our entire sysem.

Fred

One stop shop

We have a greater control on our costs and profitability. It has been a game changer for our company.

Pros

The Project Management feature was a lifesaver for our company. Our previous software was unable to track the RFC. We are now able to monitor the outstanding requests with accuracy.

Cons

There isn't a feature that I do not like. The migration to Foundation was managed extremely well by the i education team. I was the only roadblock in breaking my all habits.

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

Foundation offered features that the software we were using did not offer.

Response from Foundation Software

Thanks for such a wonderful review, Fred. We really appreciate the feedback. We are so happy to hear our software functionality and PM capabilities have made such a positive impact for your business. We will continue working hard to meet the needs of your team in both product and service. We look forward to great working relationship for years to come. Please reach out if you need anything. Always happy to help. -Robin, Client Success Advocate rmo@foundationsoft.com

Christine

Foundation

The support team has been great, especially during the pandemic.

Pros

Ease of use, I liked how there is a practice database to use.

Cons

Tends to be glitchy at times, also the character limitation maybe an issue in the future.

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

The company wanted all information on one platform.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Christine, Thank you for your positive review and taking time to share your feedback about FOUNDATION. We are so happy you're finding the software easy to use and that it's been beneficial in all areas of your business. Our Support Team has been working very hard and will be pleased to know they have continued to provide top notch service throughout the crazy year we've all had. So, thank you again and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Diane

FOUNDATION Construction Accounting Review

I have found this software to cover the majority of what I needed, and find that new things are added on a regular basis Customer Service is great. FSI has been great helping with forms to support our needs.

Pros

Liked that it had a Construction Friendly Platform.

Cons

Security was not as good at the beginning. Doing good now.

Reasons for choosing FOUNDATION

Provided the forms we needed such a AIA with ease of use and expandable to suit our growing needs. Reporting for Job Costing. Oh, and you sent great marketing mailers.

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

Quickbooks could not provide what we needed.

Neal

All around great accounting and project management software package.

Great accounting system with additional project management features.

Pros

Foundation has more features and options then I can hope to use. It is able to be configured and set up work work around any business work flow and accounting style. Our accountants love it and the senior management loves it because they can quickly and easily get a overview of the financial status of the company then drill down to individual invoices and pay applications if they want to. The project management module allows our project management team to tie in everything they generate and respond to the project.

Cons

Some of the features feel tacked on with little integration between the different modules. The project management system could definitely be easier to use and more intuitive.

Kelly

Outstanding Product

Amazing, simply amazing!

Pros

The ease of use. Coming into this business where the software was already in use, I had to teach myself how to use it. When I didn't understand something all I had to do was make a phone call and I had help. Very friendly, knowledgeable associates to walk me through anything I needed and explain everything. When I needed to software to do something for me and it didn't all I had to do was make a phone call and they put someone to work on it and made it happen. For example: We have to send out a sales tax report to all our not-for-profit customers so they can request a refund from the state. We had been just putting the data in a spreadsheet manually, but I sent the the spread sheet we used and they created it to pull all the data out of Foundation to my spreadsheet. What a god send, saved me hours of work and of course it eliminated errors! I can't say enough about the staff at Foundation and how incredible they are.

Cons

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to get our sub-contract agreement incorporated into Foundation so the software can do that for us, instead of us having to do it manually. Its not a Con, just still haven't figured it out. There are no cons to this software that I have found.

Response from Foundation Software

Thanks for such an awesome review, Kelly! Welcome to FOUNDATION and congrats on your self-taught success! It's great to hear that our Client Support Team has been able to assist you above your expectations. I'd like to have someone from our team reach to you to see what we can do about our subcontract agreements. Let me know of a time that's convenient for you. I'd be happy to set something up. Thanks again Kelly! -Robin, Client Success Advocate rmo@foundationsoft.com

Melinda

Industry: Mining & Metals

Most Intuitive Software I've Ever Used

Very happy with Foundation. Would recommend to anyone in the construction business.

Pros

Anything new I need to do, Foundation already has a solution. They are always ahead of me. For example, the COVID sick pay last year. And their support people are very helpful in listening to you and offering a solution for whatever you are trying to accomplish. All the modules work similarly. Easy to learn once you know one.

Cons

A/R Cannot repeat an invoice number on different customers. A/P Doesn't not show amount left to distribute between accounts, only amount already distributed.

Reasons for choosing FOUNDATION

The overall setup and ease of use

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

Foundation was much more versatile than what I was using. And cheaper annual fee. Foundation had tons of reports built into the system. Starbuilder I had to create my own through MS Query.

Response from Foundation Software

Thanks for the awesome review, Melinda! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we 're hitting the mark for you, both in product and support. I'd like to have someone from our team reach out to you to discuss your AP and AR concerns in more detail. Let me know of a time that's convenient for you and I'll get that set up. Thanks again! -Robin, Client Success Advocate, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Doreen

Great Union Payroll System

We have a very complicated payroll for the simple fact that we are a multi state, multi union company. This means many different rates of pay, taxation tables and unions, as well as our Administration and Shop payrolls. P4C thru Foundation has been able to handle this with ease and I really am happy with the service they have provided to us in the past 2 1/2 years. I hope to continue a much longer relationship with them. Whenever a support call is logged, usually one of the 2 reps. call back almost immediately and help work through any issue, no matter how long it takes. They are personable and professional and always helpful. Reliable system, easy time entry and reports generated are very easy to read.

Pros

I love the fact that P4C can handle all of our multi state and multi union (sometimes up to 55 different unions) Time entry is very easy, and includes attaching hours to jobs and tasks with ease. The system is very user friendly and the Support staff is phenomanal. Generates great union reports, job costing and also great HR reports as well, such as 401k reporting. We can process same day layoff checks which is a must for union payrolls. Also not charged by the number of employees in the system as with other payroll companies. I love that it is web based so i can work from anywhere. They are able to create payroll cycles, so each cycle can have a different address, and they deliver the checks to the exact locations. So i can enter all my time and be assured that jobs in other states have checks go directly to the location versus coming here.

Cons

I don't like that if i have multiple payroll cycles computed and i have to purge one, that it will purge ALL computed cycles, not just the one I had chosen.

Jane

Time used: Free Trial

October 2011

Cary & Associates Builders, Inc. is an award-winning Full Service General Contractor specializing in negotiated projects for the Design and Construction of Commercial, Industrial, Winery and Agricultural buildings. We used a very well-known complex construction software for approximately 18 years. Through the years, the problems with the software were accompanied by inordinate increases in support fees. We discussed each year whether to renew our support or look for another construction software. In April of 2003, it became obvious that the software could not be kept up and running and we had constant "crashes". At the same time we received the next year's support contract for about $6,000. It was the last straw for us. I began a search for a new software because I knew our system would crash as soon as our support ran out (which it did). I interviewed everyone I could locate and talked to our subcontractors. Our CFO said that ultimately I would have to go with my "gut" feeling and pick one. He said if it did not work out, we would just buy another one next year and we would still be ahead of the game. All my instincts said to buy FOUNDATION. With a lot of trepidation, I purchased the software and bought a ticket to Cleveland to attend training. FOUNDATION was able to help me before I got to class by transferring my Vendors, Job Numbers, Cost Codes, etc. into my new FOUNDATION Software. I had pulled my G/L down in the middle of our FYE and was ready to open it as soon as I knew what I was doing. Surprisingly, by the end of the week, we ran my first payroll right in class! We spread open my G/L and we were ready to go. They dropped my information off on a disk and I headed for home. The following Monday, we rolled FOUNDATION out on our server and have never had so much as a glitch in anything, let alone a crash. Once it was up and running, our team has able to learn the system easily. It is very user-friendly. Any problems or questions, you can click on the support button and get a call back in about 20 minutes! They can also connect directly to your computer (with permission) and help show you how to fix a problem (human generated) or they will fix it for you! Love it! We have benefited in so many ways it would be hard to describe them all. We are currently on version 11.9 and FOUNDATION has just rolled out their new automated update that updates your server and clients automatically! I suppose one of the biggest benefits is the amount of time it has saved. I used to work every holiday due to having to make hard closures, etc. but with FOUNDATION I have not worked a holiday since 2003! This system is astoundingly efficient. The AIA billing is easily reversed if an architect or owner decides on a different amount. The certified payroll is a dream. Although we are not union, it prepares multi-state, multi-county, multi-union etc. It does a wonderful printout for the 941 and in California our DE9. Our CPA loves the Fixed Asset module. He framed the first print out since he said he had never had one so accurate. Quite simply, we love FOUNDATION! We get great customer service from real people and a software solution that keeps progressing and enlarging on concepts to help construction companies!

Jacob

Great product with AMAZING customer service

We have had a great experience with Foundation, for our size business, it's perfect!

Pros

The software is easy to use, and customizable. It's simple, and customer service is Fantastic.

Cons

I wish there were more standard caned accounting reports like TTM income/balance sheets and the ability to customize standard budget reports. More filtering criteria to run reports would be great.

Because of ease of use.

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

It was bloated and difficult to use. Practically needed a PhD in ViewPoint to use, or spend a lot of money customizing. Their support team was very very very slow.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Jacob, Thank you for your positive review and taking time to share your feedback with us. We are happy to hear our software is meeting your expectations and helping to make life easier for you and your team. Let me know if you'd like to talk with someone about those reports. Let's see if we can make them easier for you to work with. We're happy to help. -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

CHERYL

JMZ ACCOUNTING REVIEW

IN OUR COMPANY ACCOUNTING IS THE ONLY DEPARTMENT USING TO ITS FULLEST. THE OTHER DEPARTMENTS ARE TOO LAZY TO LEARN TO USE

Pros

THE ABILITY TO USE THIS SOFWARE WITHOUT A LOT OF TRAINING. THE FIRST COMPANY THAT I USED FOUNDATIONS WITH I HAD TO TAIN MYSELF AS THE COMPANY HAD ALREADY LET THEIR ACCOUNTANT GO. YOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS AWESOME.

Cons

THE ONLY COMPLAINT WE AS A COMPANY HAVE IS THE INABILITY TO INTEGRATE THE AIA'S THAT HAVE BEEN BASTARDIZED BY WHITING TURNER. THEY INSIST THAT WE US THEIR AIA AND WITH THEM BEING 60% OF OUR BUSINESS WE CANNOT USE FOUNDATIONS FOR OUR BILLING ON A WHITING TURNER PROJECT.

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

REALLY LIKE FOUNDATIONS AND DID NOT LIKE THE SAGE PRODUCT.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Cheryl, Thank you for your positive review and taking time to share your feedback about FOUNDATION. We are happy to hear our software and our support team is meeting your expectations and making life easier for you. We'd love to work with the rest of your team at JMZ to show what our software can provide for them. Please let me know if you'd like me to have someone reach out. I'm happy to help. -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Holly

The most user friendly software I've used in the 20 years

Tech support is always there to help and they are extremely knowledgeable in all areas. I usually learn a new feature or shortcut when I call for assistance.

Pros

This software has many automated features that saves the employee time. In Accounting they have a quick reversal buttons which will auto-generate the reversal of an AP Payment, AP Invoice, Journal Entry and more. Change Orders are directly tied with your billing and will automatically bring you to the AIA screen to update the billing line item. All-in-all it's a system that works with you to easily enter your information and generate a multitude of reports for every department. It is the most user friendly software I've used in the 20 years I've been doing accounting.

Cons

I was disappointed that the Foundation Mobile app didn't have the reporting that our management staff needs to run our jobsites. If they ever add more reporting features, specifically clock in time reporting to that module, I will jump at the chance to switch, as it was a seamless import and saved our payroll dept. hours of review time.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Holly, Thank you for leaving such a great review. At FOUNDATION, we continuously strive to serve you better and are thrilled our team has managed to meet those needs in various areas of your business. As far as your concerns with Mobile, I am going to have a Sr. Mobile Rep contact you to discuss and see if there's anything we can do to better service your needs in that area. Thanks again Holly. Robin, Client Advocate rmo@foundationsoft.com

Tryn

User of Foundation for 14 1/2 yrs.

I have been working with and using Foundation for 14 1/2 yrs. They have always worked with me in anything that I may need, they are friendly and very supportive. Foundation is a Great accounting software, especially for construction, due to the easiness and detailed information and tracking that it provides, especially if you do Job Costing. I even had some very complex financials I had to do over the years with division reporting that Foundation was there to help me with. We also work through the Cloud with Foundation (Saas) and I love it. It is so much easier and they do all the updates! I definitely recommend using Foundation as your accounting software.

Pros

Foundation is pretty user friendly. I use this software for a total of 8 of my companies, mostly and mainly for construction. It provides all the reporting and tracking that you will ever need. We are currently using the GL, AR, AP, PR and Job Costing modules. I have had very complex situations over the years that where a challenge for me in the reporting area and Foundation was always there for me in setting up things the way I needed them.

Cons

I cannot say that there is anything I do not like about this Software.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Tryn! Thanks so much for the awesome review. It means the world to us. We strive to provide a great product and are thrilled to hear we've met that mark for you, your team and your companies over the years. Thanks for being a long-time partner with FOUNDATION. We look forward to many more years with you. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm happy to help. Robin, Client Success Advocate, rmo@foundtionsoft.com

Leesa

Excellent software and exceptional techinical support

Pros

We have used Foundation Construction Accounting for almost fifteen years. We have been extremely pleased with this software and it continues to be one of the most reliable and well-developed software that we use in our firm. Very user-friendly and logical in its processes. Reporting is excellent and is not only used by our accounting staff, but also by our project management staff to monitor job performance and budget/cost comparisons. Foundation is very responsive to client requests for changes/improvements to various modules/reporting. And the technical support team is incredible!! Not once have we ever reached out to technical support that they were unable to solve our issue in a prompt and precise manner! The technical support provided is one of the best reasons to use Foundation.

Cons

There is not anything that we do not like about this software.

Response from Foundation Software

Wow! Thank you so much, Leesa! We're blown away by your positive words. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review and we're so glad you've found our software to be valuable in all areas of your business. As we constantly work on ways to increase the value we provide for our clients, it's great to hear we've been meeting those expectations for you and T&M Tilt-Up throughout the years. We look forward to many more with you. Please let me know if there's anything you need. Always happy to help! -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Kristi

Great Product and Out of this World Customer Service/Support

Our experience has been great. Migration was relatively painless, the day to day transactions are straight forward and the more you use the product the easier it gets. Where Foundation really shines is in their support. I never feel like I shouldn't call because they are so willing to help and never make me feel like I should already know this stuff. They are not only knowledgeable about their system but payroll and general accounting as well.

Pros

I was worried about the migration from our previous product but Foundation's team took everything in steps and guided us the entire way through. I'd heard horror stories and am glad that we were not one of them.

Cons

The option to create custom reports could be easier and more intuitive. I know I can log a call to support for help but I would like to be able to do it myself.

CPA Preference

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

The system was no longer being supported and our CPA's suggested Foundation

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Kristi, Thank you for your great review. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations transitioning from your previous software. It will be our commitment to keep meeting the needs of you and your team in both product and service. Let me know if you'd like to talk with someone in depth about those custom reports and see if we can make them easier for you to create on your own. We're happy to help. -Robin, Client Success Advocate, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Catherina

Great Software

Foundation really makes Payroll easy, we do ODOT jobs and they are compatible with the Electronic CRL Ashtoware programs required by ODOT

Pros

We do our payroll in house and the Foundation Payroll Module is the best that I have used

Cons

Reporting under Account Receivable could be better, you can work around it.

Reasons for choosing FOUNDATION

I had used it at my previous employer and loved the program, it was superior in almost everyway to all other construction software programs I had used. So when the time came to look at new software there was only one choice for me.

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

Foundation is the best Construction Software in my opinion. I have use Timberline, Peachtree, Quickbooks and Star Builder programs during my career and I have Foundation to be the best overall software for the Construction Industry.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Cathy, Thank you for leaving such a great review! It means the world to us! It's great to hear you not only love our product and service, but you carried it with you from one company to another. We're thrilled you've stayed with us and we look forward to continuing our relationship with you and your new team! Please let me know if you need anything, I'm always happy to help. Thanks again, Cathy! - Robin, Client Success Advocate rmo@foundationsoft.com

Lynn

Industry: Civil Engineering

Amazing Construction Accounting Softwarez!

Pros

When the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company and myself did our initial search of our Construction Accounting Software, Foundation Software beat three competitors by providing a better program in these areas: 1. Job costing 2. The report genie (No more expensive crystal reports) 3. Payroll module including certified payroll reports and the ability to upload certified payroll to the DIR in California or to Lcp Tracker. 4. The ability to cloud foundation software with SaaS 5. The customer support 6. The price point

Cons

All cam software like Viewpoint, Sage 300 or Foundation Software will never be a perfect software. As a user of all three in my career, I can always find an issue with each of them. The only issue so far with Foundation Software is the invoice approval of accounts payable invoices. I feel it is not seamless like their competitors, so we are using an old school method of approval. Our project manager code the invoices by hand and use manila folders. In regards to my cam comment and fairness to Foundation Software, Viewpoint reporting is done by crystal reports which is very expensive and Sage 300 just need a face lift to make more user friendly.

Shelli

Time used: Free Trial

May 2013

My family owns a complete Road Construction business. We have been in business for over 32 years and have tried many accounting programs. They all were lacking something. Most were just not construction specific or were more geared towards buildings and had very few vague options for Road Work. The other down side was the cost increased every year for support and maintenance, and the programs were just not user friendly! We read an article about Foundation Software in a construction magazine, which in part listed Foundation Software as America’s #1 construction accounting software. We decided to look into it and get a demo cd. We could tell right away this program made sense. It was like the staff at Foundation was running a Road Construction business and knew exactly where everything needed to flow and offered all the options we had been longing for. A few months later, we purchased Foundation Software for windows and could not be happier!!!! The implementation went very smoothly and only took a couple of months. The training was very easy and the support staff is extremely knowledgeable. With Foundation, we have saved time and money. We used to have 4 people in the office inputting different information into our accounting program. We were able to cut down to 2, comfortably. The modules are integrated perfectly and therefore double entry of items is no longer necessary. Foundation Software is extremely user friendly and is setup to fit your specific needs – customized for the way you run your business! Just a few of our favorite things about Foundation Accounting Software - the Date Genie easily creates and customizes just about any report to fit your needs, cutting back almost entirely on manual spreadsheets. You can add notes to a vendor’s record, a job, or a customer, and then view that note in reports. There are no updates or software versions to pay for – just continuous enhancing of the program and the annual fee stays at 18% of the purchase price. The reports offer a wide range of filtering and sorting options – allowing for very specific reporting. Certified payroll reports cover all required forms with a wide variety of options– no need for a manual weekly hours and minority spreadsheet. Import bid’s from estimating software to create estimates and AIA forms– no need to manually type them. Also, we have found answers to most questions/issues by clicking on the help button whereas with previous programs we had to wait to receive a call back. Sometimes it took a day or more! Finally, you can set up each module to prevent errors like double entry, paying a vendor who has an outdated certificate of insurance, posting to a closed gl period, and much much more!

Pamela

BEST ACCOUNTING SYSTEM I HAVE USED

We found that FSI handles all our needs from accounting to very detailed job costing entries that we need. Payroll with the FSI job costing module is very easy....and give us exactly what we need.

Pros

Ease of use and I think more importantly....if I have a problem, the staff at FSI returns calls, fixes the problems, and makes sure they have corrected anything necessary. Always professional and courteous.

Cons

Haven't really found any feature I don't like or use.

Reasons for choosing FOUNDATION

Again, the detail that FSI allows is so much better and was priced just about mid-way of these two. It was so much better than either. We feel like we got a deal!

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

Peachtree was never detailed enough. We had to produce many documents on excel. The cost code that FSI allows us to use is so much easier and much, much more detailed.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Pam, Thank you for sharing your kind words about FOUNDATION Software. It means the world to us and to our entire team! We strive to provide a great product and great service. We're happy we have continued to do that for you. We are thrilled to have you as a long-time part of the FOUNDATION family and look forward to our continued relationship. Please reach out if need anything. Thanks again. -Robin, Client Advocate, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Vera

Glad I switched to Foundation

Our company began the transition to Foundation in September 2020, with a go-live date of Jan. 1, 2021. It was an extremely smooth transition from beginning to end. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was my trainer and he was the key for a successful implementation. Training was very thorough and tailored specifically to our needs. The actual implementation went off without a hitch. We were thoroughly and adequately supported in the first few months of actual use of the software.

Pros

I like just about everything about Foundation--it's user-friendly, intuitive. The reports are useful and there's virtually a report for everything I need. Customer support is excellent. Foundation makes my job so much easier because it takes so little effort to accomplish my daily and monthly administrative tasks compared to my previous software.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a negative at this point. One thing that would be helpful is the option to interface with customer support via email for straightforward questions instead of waiting for a call back.

Reasons for switching to FOUNDATION

American Contractor was no longer being supported and it was just time to upgrade.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Vera, Wow! We are blown away by your positive words, thank you! We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear your experience with us from implementation to the day-to-day has met or exceeded your expectations. That's what we love to hear. We look forward to a long and wonderful relationship with you and your team at RC Underground. Thanks again and please reach out if there is anything you need. Always happy to help. -Robin, Client Success Advocate, rmo@foundationsoft.com

FOUNDATION