All FreshBooks Reviews

1-25 of 3,931 Reviews

Dinos

June 2022

I use FreshBooks because it's support kicks ass...

Priyansh

Industry: Animation

January 2023

A convenient financial management tool for small business owners!

I believe Freshbooks offers tremendous value for businesses looking to manage their finances and invoicing. The legacy software can't match up to its pros. The ease of use and useful features make it a must-have for small business owners looking to streamline their financial management processes. They are also pretty well funded which is essential if we want to use it in the long term. I would recommend anyone to take the free trial once.

Pros

As a small business owner, I have found Freshbooks to be an invaluable tool for managing my finances and invoicing clients. One of the major pros of using it is the ease of use and online platform functionality. The platform is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy for me and my team to get up and running with the tool quickly with no hassle of installations on all our workstations. We tried the plan for 30 days using their free trial, which is a great addition to the onboarding experience. Additionally, it offers a range of useful features, such as automatic billing and invoicing, expense tracking, and time tracking, which have greatly helped us stay organized and on top of our finances.

Cons

The platform can be quite expensive, especially for smaller businesses like mine. The Lite plan is essentially useless. There also have been instances where the app has experienced glitches or bugs and slow loading. The customer support has been slow to respond at times, but they do come up with a detailed solution when they respond. They also have addons on top of the normal subscriptions packages, which seems counterintuitive.

An Easy-to-Use Accounting Software

Overall, FreshBooks has been a great experience for me. It's easy to use, provides great customer service, and is a reliable way to track my finances.

Pros

FreshBooks is an incredibly user-friendly accounting software. I found it very helpful for tracking my financial data and generating reports. The intuitive user interface makes it easy to navigate and understand, and the customer service has been incredibly helpful and responsive to my inquiries.

Cons

FreshBooks does have some limitations, such as not being able to connect to my bank accounts and having limited customization options. Additionally, the subscription fees can be quite expensive depending on the package you choose.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

FreshBooks stands out among its competitors for its intuitive user interface and helpful customer service. Additionally, its reporting capabilities are top-notch, providing valuable insights into my financial data.

junsup

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

FreshBooks review

The best thing about this software is that it was easy to use, very easy to use, and very expensive. It's very good value for money.

Pros

For small companies like myself, the good invoice functionality was very useful.Ease of use, simplicity and reliability. I love how easy it is to access information, upload information, and browse sites. All of these products have amazing feature detail integration across the board.

Cons

It's really disappointing that customers can't pay through the invoice, and the system is down a lot, so the information is lost.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Junsup, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. FreshBooks does connect with several online payment processors, allowing your Clients to make online credit card or ACH bank transfer payments towards your FreshBooks invoices. Should you be experiencing any issues with online payments or issues with your FreshBooks account in regards to your mention of the system being down, our Support Team is more than happy to assist. Contact information is available at https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Replied January 2023

Allison

November 2022

Great Invoicing Tool for Time Tracking

Freshbooks does manage the following VERY well: Time tracking against projects and clients; invoice creation based on tracked time; and one-off invoices or flat rate pricing. I also like the clean and easy to navigate interface.Generating and reading historical reports is quick and easy to determine things like, how quickly specific clients are paying (and who is historically slower at paying), income by client and income by project/work type.The phone app is functional for my needs, although it's a little clunky and not nearly as full featured as the desktop software. It's not bad, but not great. I have successfully tracked time on the app, then issued an invoice from my phone to my client's email inbox.Overall, Freshbook fulfills my needs as a consultant.

Pros

I really like Freshbooks for it's easy invoicing and time tracking. I was able to integrate it with Teamwork project management software so that more complex jobs that require detailed time tracking against tasks and milestones could be tracked there and then my time could be exported to Freshbooks. Freshbooks also integrated with my Paypal gateway, allowing me to accept major credit cards.

Cons

Freshbooks collaboration with other contractors doesn't work very well. In addition, the per-client pricing has gotten pricey for those of us who have many one-off clients.The retainer payments feature was not easy to use.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Invoicing flexibility, integration with Teamwork PM software and integration with Paypal.

Rahul

Industry: Chemicals

I give 5 stars very good software

I have use to 6 month this software

Pros

This software are use to most our Android phone very nice

Cons

Very nice software they use in our company my phone use to daily

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

They are not use for me unlike this software

Rita

January 2023

FreshBooks is a high-end accounting tool with all accounting functionalities in it.

FreshBooks helps us meet our accounting needs and requirements. It offers professional accounting services which helps maintain our financial activities under our tabs helping us understand our financial expenditure as well as the financial health of our organization.

Pros

FreshBooks reporting function provides detailed financial reports which gives accurate insights to show the health and performance of the organization financially. It has a very reliable expenses tracking function which allows you to keep track of all your expenses by keeping a record of all receipts. This helps maintain your expenses within the budget and prevent cases of overspending. More to accounting, it helps in bookkeeping which helps keep all your financial documents in a well organized place for ease of access and management. It is a very reliable billing services allowing one to create and share invoices with customers easily.

Cons

I have experienced nothing negative about FreshBooks so far. Everything works as expected and am happy with all features.

Gurpej

December 2022

Freshbooks: The easy and intuitive way to manage your finances.

The overall experience of FreshBooks software is positive due to its user-friendly interface, comprehensive invoicing and billing features, and convenient mobile app. It also has strong customer support and offers a variety of integrations with other business tools.

Pros

Easy to use: FreshBooks has a simple and intuitive interface, making it easy for businesses and freelancers to use without needing specialized knowledge or training in accounting.Time-saving: FreshBooks automates many of the tasks associated with accounting and invoicing, such as creating invoices and tracking expenses, which can save businesses and freelancers time and allow them to focus on other aspects of their business.Customizable: FreshBooks allows users to customize their invoices and expenses with their own branding and logo, making it easy to create professional-looking documents and establish a strong brand identity.Accessible: FreshBooks is cloud-based, which means that users can access it from any device with an internet connection, making it easy to manage finances and invoicing on the go.Collaborative: FreshBooks allows users to share access to their accounts with others, such as employees or clients, making it easy to collaborate and manage finances together.

Cons

One potential disadvantage of FreshBooks is that it may not have all of the features that some businesses need. For example, FreshBooks does not have inventory management capabilities, which can be a problem for businesses that need to track stock levels and inventory costs.

Mohamed

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Very good program

FreshBooks is an online accounting software that helps small businesses and startups manage their finances. The software is free to use for basic accounting functions, but there are add-ons and premium services that can be purchased if needed. Some of the pros of using FreshBooks include that it is easy to use, has a simple user

Pros

As a small business owner, you know that you need to keep track of your expenses and income. That's where FreshBooks comes in.FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting software that makes it easy for you to manage your finances and track your expenses. You can also manage your income and invoices online.

Cons

Some people may find the FreshBooks user interface too cluttered or difficult to use. Additionally, some reviews mention that FreshBooks can be difficult to get in touch with if you have questions or issues.

Ina

Absolute godsend!

I would highly recommend this app to anyone with an accounting business !

Pros

I love FreshBooks. I've been using it for year and it's been a lifesaver for managing my small business. It's so easy to use and I can keep track of all my invoices, expenses, estimates, and sales tax. The best part is that it's always accessible on my phone. I can take a quick glance at how the day is going anytime I want!

Cons

No cons to speak of at this time, I am so happy with FreshBooks!

Andrei

December 2022

Best accounting software for a 1 person team.

If you have a small business and don't plan on growing it, or you are a freelancer, FreshBooks can provide everything you need on the low tier plans.

Pros

Freshbooks less expensive plans still offers many features.

Cons

The software can lack features to escalate with growing businesses.

Ryan

Barely passed high school math - and I'm now the bookkeeper

I love Freshbooks. We used Quickbooks up until I made the decision in January to say I was done stuggling with their program. We had tried the desk top and online versions and they both are so overwhelming with useless features that just get in the way of the simple bookkeeping and accounting needs that our particular business have. I have been asked by other women in business, if I can help them with accounting as they start their business, and my first suggestion is that they immediately drop QB and move over to Freshbooks. From our reports to filing quarterlies, reconciling and estimating - every thing about Freshbooks is better. I have told my husband I would literally become a volunteer spokesperson for Freshbooks due to how much more enjoyable they have made running the backside of our business. My ONLY regret is not doing this years ago. That's it. This product is life changing!

Pros

Pretty much everything. The dashboard, estimating, reports, client organization, etc etc. This product is outstanding.

Cons

The type A personality in me would love to be able to close out the books monthly, but I'll take the trade off if it means my books stay balanced - which they always do in Freshbooks. I also wish the mobile app was more of an interactive user app, vs being more of a quick snapshot of our business.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Because Quickbooks sucks! I could never get the books balanced. There was a mistake made in 2016 by an accountant my husband had hired prior to me taking over, and she entered in an interest payment from our bank incorrectly. That started a domino effect that we have never been able to reverse. I can't say enought negative things about QB and enough postive things about Freshbooks. Quickbooks is like the Chicago Bulls prior to MJ and Freshbooks is the Bulls with MJ and Pip. They're just not in the same league.

Molly

Industry: Photography

May 2022

FreshBooks as a Photographer (solo small business)

I have been using FreshBooks for over 2-years and am currently using it. I used FreshBooks a long time ago when they were new and more minimal. It has been great to see them grow up. The cost is a bit steep so I may not continue to use them -- I'm 50/50 at the moment. If they provided more value for the cost I would consider it a good investment, but paying for a CRM on top of that is expensive. Overall I do love the software!

Pros

I love the clean and friendly UX of FreshBooks! It is a pretty efficient piece of software that helps me get paid quickly and easily. I feel it has grown up so much over the years too. Invoicing is super easy and tracking expenses. Those are my primary base needs to run my business.

Cons

I do wish that entering client information was a bit more intuitive as I feel like I'm doing input for a client into my contacts, importing it to my CRM, and then hand inputting into FreshBooks again feels redundant. I would really really really love to see a Mac App to complete the mobility and desktop experience. I dislike having to open a web page to manage things on a daily basis.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

FreshBooks just seemed more intuitive. QuickBooks has a long history of being bulky and complicated and expensive software. I keep looking at Billings Pro because I use DayLite now so we will see. :) I think FreshBooks is more advanced.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I switched over primarily because the invoicing in Moon Invoice was manual, they did not have a way for clients to make quick and easy payments. I would have to go into PayPal, and create a link with PayPal.me and copy/paste this with my emailed invoices, it was not efficient by any means. I had used FreshBooks previously and 17Hats a long time ago. I opted to try FreshBooks again and have been using it since. The cost of Moon Invoice is what really drew me in as it was $20/annually.

Fran

July 2022

So much better than Quickbooks

I started with Freshbooks back in 2011, a colleague recommended I switch to Quickbooks, which I did. It only lasted a year before I went back to Freshbooks. Even though it was a pain to switch, it was worth it because when I have a problem with Freshbooks, I just send an email to help@freshbooks.com and they answer me the same day, usually. With Quickbooks, it was too hard to get support. It's not a double entry bookkeeping program, so if you need that, it's not for you. But for basic invoicing (including automatic recurring on any timeframe), time tracking, expense tracking, and reporting, it's perfect.

Pros

Easy to use, interface. Excellent customer support.

Cons

There is a chrome extension for tracking time, in addition to within the app. The chrome extension was recently updated and is now not working properly. When you type the project name in it doesn't auto search, you have to scroll them all of them (and I have a lot) to select it now. They will fix it, i'm sure. Sometimes have trouble with expense syncing, and would like more features to make that faster and easier to categorize.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Support was lacking, and too difficult to use.

Yvonne

Great Invoicing Software for Designers

Freshbooks has a cleaner and more user friendly interface than any accounting software that I’ve used. My CPA complains that the back end is not as robust as Quickbooks, but other than that, it’s the best for creatives in my opinion

Pros

I love the ability to create proposals with pictures and a client signature line. Also, the app is pretty great.

Cons

I’d like to be able to add pictures through the app, but it’s never worked. The back end for taxes and reconciling found be better according to my cpa

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Freshbooks allows for pictures to be attached to proposals which is vital to my biz.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I needed an easy to use app

Freshbooks just keeps improving.

I've grown, Freshbooks has grown; we've grown together over the years. Really no complaints - and a support team that other companies should model themselves after!

Pros

Ease of use, especially since the redesign, integrations with PayPal, etc. does save some time, integrated time tracker (although I still primarily use Toggl), makes book keeping - dare I say - fun? (Ok, as fun as it can be!). Great support - I've had timely replies every day of the week and after hours. Impressive!

Cons

I've had some integration issue (transactions not coming in, duplicates, etc.) but Support has always been helpful. They've offered to manually import transactions for me on more than one occasion. I'm on a paid tier but I'd have to pay more for some of the features I wouldn't mind trying out. Not in love with the subscription model, especially when many of the new features require higher tiers. Doesn't really make sense to be hooked up to an eCommerce platform given their tier limitations.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

FreshBooks quickly became the standard for freelancers, solopreneurs etc. Ease of use was its primary draw.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I wanted to be able to bill for more than web hosting and didn't want my software tied to my host.

Michelle