• Pros

• "Its super easy to use and was easy to move off my old ways of estimating using excel and highlighters."

• "Groundplan saves me hours each and every day now that I have my template set up and understand how the program works it honestly saves me hours each and every plan I look at."

• "Ease of use. Flexible. Ability to integrate to our other business system. Well priced, with concurrent licencing model available."

• Cons

• "There are minimal cons with this software. There are small flaws throughout but nothing to sour the experience. "

• "There isn't a mobile app, not that it would really be practical to look at plans on a small screen, so you really need to be using an iPad or a Surface Pro or something if you're away from you PC."

• "There are not too many features that don’t work beautifully and now that it is integrated with xero it is going to make my life even easier as it will spit out a quote once I have time to takeoff"

Browse Groundplan Reviews

Richard

Ashley from Laser Group Australia

Industry: Executive Office

Great cloud-based drawing software

We've been using Groundplan since not long after it was first released to the market. It's a great product and well priced for the functionality it provides. We get very good assistance from their support team as well and they have always been open to developing the product further based on user feedback. It's also easy to use, with our team picking up the software and running with it very quickly. It's been a welcome asset to our business, improving efficiencies and producing great quality, take-offs, plans, and drawings.

Pros

Cons

Nothing, it's a great tool

Jesse from Black & Co Building & Restoration

Groundplan is a must have...

Extremely happy I have tried other estimating software over the past 15 years and nothing has come close.

Reasons for Choosing Groundplan

Price point was critical and also the functionality that Groundplan offers is far better than the other software that I had tried and used previously

Reasons for Switching to Groundplan

There were some features in the old software which was slowing me down and Groundplan has figured out how to streamline this process very efficiently.

Geoff from Hall & Hedderman

Groundplan Review

Being an electrical contracting company, counting symbols off a plan can be tiring on the eyes as well as problematic if you miss something you did not see. Using Groundplan has saved me printing off paper plans and hoping I can see all the symbols. Being able to zoom right into the plan and see everything has been a blessing on my eyes. No more need for the magnifying glass! If your a Simpro user, Groundplan is a must as all your pre-builds are synced with Groundplan, so no double entry.

Pros

Sync's directly with Simpro Can zoom into drawings and see everything Scale the drawings, and do take-offs for cable, tray and conduits Easily outsource the take-off and see what has been allowed for and if anything is missing

Jeremy from Integrated Power House

Picking up the dollars and cents

Love the system. For me it’s saved a lot of phone calls and time on the project management side of the business.

Pros

This product, I think is essential for the quoting and documentation side of our business. It has shown us how much we were actually missing when we were previously quoting jobs. It also allows us to document on the go for the project managers, and helps them to accurately run the jobs.

Cons

I would like to be able to customise the symbols but being there is so many to choose from, it’s not a big deal.

Glenn from Laser Plumbing Tweed heads

Excellent Product

I have used Groundplan for three years and absolutely love using it. The team at 3stack are constantly adding new features and are always available when I have any questions.

Lynton from ePlumbing Estimators Pty Ltd

Speed of Measuring Integration with other platforms

Pros

Ease of Use Speed on the web platform Web Based Integration with simPRO

Cons

Notations on drawings. Should integrate arrows

Darren from FS Solutions

Excellent service, terrific software!

Pros

Ease of use. Integration with SIMPRO is fantastic. Being able to do take offs and not miss anything is worth the money alone.

Cons

Response from 3 Stack

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the review Darren. Great having you onboard!

Bj from Integrated powerhouse

Changed our business

This has changed our business from the quoting stage right to the end of the oroject

Pros

Ease of use and job management , stores all of our plans

Cons

Other people have it, I want it all to myself!!

Maxwell from kpa plumbing ltd

Max from kpa plumbing ltd

I was guessing lengths of pipe runs and using a scale ruler what used to take hours takes minutes now

Pros

Ease of use and I like how once plans are uploaded its so to zoom in and out of plans to read fine print. It also has cleared up the mess on my desktop making plans easy to find on the go

Cons

Theres nothing that I liked less about ground plan

Reasons for Choosing Groundplan

I didn't

Con from Constant Group Pty Ltd

Industry: Security and Investigations

Groundplan is the best from solution to customer service.....

From day one the team has been an awesome help with an awesome solution that works out with great customer feedback.

Pros

Cons

Zero issues

Easy to use, fully featured and great value

Pros

Our customers love this product, it has been a real game changer. It's got the balance right between being easy to use but having the features needed. Supports multiple file formats and integrates with simPRO AND it's cloud-based.. can't go wrong for the price.

Trent from Dawson Electrical P/L

Refreshing, rewarding & easy for anyone (even with little experience) to get their head around.

Pros

This software has transformed our painful, time consuming and average presentation of plans and quoting into an easy, streamlined and completely professional package. Groundplan has put our business a massive step ahead of our competitors! The way Groundplan synchronizes with Simpro is outstanding.

Cons

If I had to put something down.... it could only be the cost. But, at the end of the day - good products, software and services cost money. We all know, you get nothing worthwhile for free.

Response from 3 Stack

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the review Trent, Great working with you.

Anton from PSS Group Pty Ltd

Groundplan Review

Ground Plan is the savior of our quoting system and is by far the easiest PDF take tool to learn Just works with our PM software and highly recommend it

Pros

simple intuitive seamless

Cons

Response from 3 Stack

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the great review Anton. Its been awesome dealing with your team of estimators!

Mark from EEP Plumbing

Plumbing

Helping save time with quotes

Pros

It is very easy to use and the support is fast and efficient.

Cons

Non really.

Mike from Q Power

September 2016

Great Product and Support!

After a short trial we knew that Groundplan would greatly assist our Electrical Contracting business. The software is great and team behind it are extremely helpful.

Pros

Simple, easy to use and helps us structure our estimating procedure so that all of our estimators are working from the same platform