What are InEight users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using InEight software through verified user reviews

• icon"A good amount of well integrated features that interface with many different products such as SAP, Excel, P6 etc."
  • icon"The thing that I like most is the ability to utilize the bid wizard for new job setup that allows copying resources, cost breakdown, account codes, etc. from an existing job to the new job."
  • icon"Quote Management at Bid time it great getting the best number we can get and the easy of changing our bid in s short keys stokes."
  • icon"Since I came aboard, the company has grown from roughly 33 million to 45 million in gross revenue per year."
  • icon"Because of the complexity of the system our firm was hesitant about continuing to use it shortly after I started working here."

Browse all InEight Reviews

• Have you used InEight and would like to share your experience with others?

Chad

The software is capable of a lot more than we will ever use it for.

Pros

I have been working with Hard Dollar for 10 years and it has been a very good tool to procure work in my industry. The software works great for large complicated projects, I believe we have been successful due to the Hard Dollar system. The corporation I work for is very pleased with the work we have procured using the software over the last two and a half years.

Cons

It takes a long time to learn the program and get familiar with the actions when putting an estimate together. Because of the complexity of the system our firm was hesitant about continuing to use it shortly after I started working here. Once they saw the rewards of the work we procured they have since changed their minds. I believe smaller firms would be more apt to using the software if there was a less complex version that could be offered. Last thing I would say, the customer support was lacking two and a half years ago when I purchased the product. I used you-tube videos to help get the software set up properly but some of my questions could not be answered. it took some time but I ended up figuring it out well enough to bid work. Since I came aboard, the company has grown from roughly 33 million to 45 million in gross revenue per year.

Deniel

InEight Review

One source of truth for a large scale project instead of multiple side lists/sheets/data that need to be complied together.

Pros

Cons

Use of the plan feature in a large scale project causes the quantity tracking feature to slow down and not work as intended with certain commands

frustrating

This type of software is one of the driving forces in the construction industry.

Pros

the free form CBS structure that allows the estimate to be re-configured easily on the fly when a scope or idea changes

Cons

it allows modification in fields/cells that should not be able to be changed in that location. You should have to go to a setup screen to make these type modifications

I have used the product for 17 years and would not consider using another estimating software.

Consistent time savings while maintaining accuracy in bids.

Pros

The thing that I like most is the ability to utilize the bid wizard for new job setup that allows copying resources, cost breakdown, account codes, etc. from an existing job to the new job. This cuts down substantially on the time it takes to set up a new estimate. Also, love the ability to export to scheduling and accounting software. Again, it substantially cuts down on the time to do it from scratch.

Cons

I don't think that the customer support is as responsive as it was years ago. Often times the question is one that needs an immediate answer and sometimes it takes hours to get a response.

Joey

User friendly

Pros

The whole program is user friendly. The quote module is easy to use. The new alternate scenario has been a great add-on to do value engineering options for the client.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about the program. There's nothing I don't like about the program. There's.

THOMAS

For construction management this is a great software

This type of software will help propel the construction industry into the future

Pros

I like the quote management at bid time and the ability to change numbers quickly at bid time also like the library feature being able to organize projects by region, country, and client allows us to correlate with prior projects

Cons

I would say trying to get other programs to work with this software is a challenge for us

Gultasab

Good Software for Construction Management

InEight software can play a vital rule if the users are highly trained and have good command on complex estimating application. However, employers planning to switch from other software must have a demo and training session prior to shift.

Pros

Library feature is very impressive, the projects data can be organised region-wise, country-wise, client-wise. This feature allows to correlate the project with previously submitted project

Cons

Developer must work to make it more user friendly, the interface is not that easy to adopt. People with less interaction of digital devices can have tough time to learn and adopt it.

Reasons for choosing InEight

User Friendly and appropriate features.

Alec

InEight Software Review

Pros

Provides access to a database so as to provide comparisons against historical data.

Cons

Lacks good reporting function/capability.

Exceptional Service

Pros

It is like having a project manager who never eats' sleep's or takes a break. It is one of the best purchase we have made.

Cons

It has never failed us. It works as it should and has never given us an issue.

Kyle

Industry: Military

InEight Review

Pros

Powerful tool for cost estimating projects. New format to be similar to excel makes it easier to use.

Cons

Program has so many features that learning all of them can be cumbersome.

Ron

Time used: Free Trial

November 2012

Been using the product for 4 plus years. We measure progress, forecast and estimate all of our projects. Cash flow, Earned Value and production performance are key metrics for our company. Hard Dollar provides us reports to collaborate with owners and other EPCM's. Support is very good. Product is very straight forward, especially if you came from Excel spreadsheets. Ties nicely in from a cost model to schedule to progress and into SAP which we utilize strongly.

I been using this soft ware from the time its was 3 cards and Grant and Stan did the training

Pros

Cons

there are no con at this time..

InEight Honest Review

Estimate for Construction Services was the main challenge why we had to use InEight Estimates. The main benefit I had realized is that the milestones for revenue can be monitored using this software.

Pros

Useful to construction service companies

Cons

Minimal integration to other softwares.

InEight