What are House Flipping Spreadsheet users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using House Flipping Spreadsheet software through verified user reviews

4.7

• icon"This software was very helpful in keeping two rental renovations on track. The customer service was outstanding - any problems were easily resolved."
  • icon"This product is a great tool for tracking the progress of individual projects. It's easy to use and easy to learn."
  • icon"Ease of use makes this software a great option for beginners or seasoned investors. It's user friendly and the automation to produce clear and discernable data to make decisions is excellent."
  • icon"It doesn't work on a tablet, tried iPad and Fire Tablets."
  • icon"Difficult to tell source of data in some of the reports."
  • icon"There is a tablet version but it’s missing most of the reports."

Browse all House Flipping Spreadsheet Reviews

• Have you used House Flipping Spreadsheet and would like to share your experience with others?

Shannon

Great product for all levels of skill

It's a great presentation tool we use with our lenders and also a training tool for other team members.

Pros

It was designed for real estate entrepreneurs.

Cons

Nothing at all. We use the software daily.

Steve

Fast Track to Real Estate Investment Flipping, Rentals and so much more!!

This software is a must have and if you are new. Start here. Your ROI return on investment on your first deal and save you from making big mistakes that will cost you BIG $$$$ the Creator has Great Resources even for nothing additional. "Put a NERD on your Team! "

Pros

For a very small investment even for the Enterprise Editions (Recommended) You are on your way to understanding the Real Estate Rehab / Rental Business. 27 years in business as a Real Estate Broker,Loan officer, Construction company owner and thousands of dollars invested in Books, seminars, training and owning and learning this software will save you 10-15+ years. Just starting out, veteran RE Investor.

Cons

No Downside! Here! I don't know anything about designing spreadsheets. I know how to work them!

Helpful House Flipping Spreadsheet

It has been helpful as an introductory tracking system for our new house flipping business.

Pros

Features and functionality. Ease of entering expenses. Seemed to have thought of most everything. Still learning how to use some parts of it.

Cons

The spreadsheet is glitchy at times. Freezes sometimes. Difficult to tell source of data in some of the reports.

Most powerful flipping spreadsheet available

It helped me very thoroughly plan out my flip. Though I made some errors with the purchase and overlooked quite a few issues. Nothing to do with the spreadsheet.

Pros

It’s thoroughness. there are so many different areas and the reports are quite powerful if not almost overwhelming at times or discouraging because you realize how much really goes in to a flip. It was an eye opener for me

Cons

It’s not a dynamic web app!! Mentioned it before to the creator !! A bonus would be to have a house analysis / almost a inspectors module. Of course if you did it right you’d hire someone but it would be cool to have a nice online check list that would hold pictures and you could even send it in to have an expert review it. Nothing replaces a good house inspection but some people could just use a sweet guide! They will learn! iPad app would be wicked. Now that you can measure distances with iPad iPhone you could go pretty crazy with this system!!

Response from Venture Sheets

Thank you for the review! We are working on a new web-based platform called FlipperForce which will work on mobile devices and should alleviate some of the issues you are having in the spreadsheet format. We are currently beta testing the software, so you are welcome to create a free account.

Olga

Big Help for investor that's just starting out

Before I purchased this spreadsheet, I didn't even know how to approach tracking finances for my first flip, so it solved a great deal of problems!! It saved me from reinventing the wheel with all the most common expense categories already pre-filled and nicely organized, it even has prices for common material and labor costs, and a project scheduler capability, but I haven't got to use them yet.

Pros

That it's available on Google Sheets. I work from multiple computers (and phone), so moving from desktop to the cloud has sped up my record keeping so much! There are also multiple powerful reports which a math geek in me just loves!!! If your online platform will ever be as powerful as a spreadsheet (haven't checked it in a while), I might switch to that because I would love to have my vendors and expense categories already saved and reusable for multiple projects.

Cons

Google Sheets spreadsheet is slow to load, and many of the features are extraneous for me. I also wish there was a way to attach check images (or link to where it's stored in the cloud), but I guess it's a Google Sheets limitation. Otherwise I'm really happy with it. Also, the Expense sheet won't sort by date unless you select a range, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Botting,

Getting Dialed In

The rehab estimator lets us project our expenses and it keeps our contractors on notice that we know what things cost. If something goes over budget we can see why. Its powerful when you can show someone you're organized and accountable for your flips.

Pros

The scope of this software is impressive. From planning expenses for running your business to predicting business revenue years down the road HFS has it all. Rehab estimator? Check! Marketing budget planner? Check! Project management spreadsheet? Check! Its got all of these. You have to dive into it to take advantage of everything it does for a business. They have great video to help you learn it all.

Cons

There is a lot to learn. The scope of this software will overwhelm you if you don't take the time to learn each spreadsheet. The learning curve can be smoothed out by using the training videos.

Sidney

Best House flipping Spreadsheet ever

From Start to finish The program works seamlessly and from page to page all the calculations go where they need to be which Saves So much Time all the checklist reports with Company Logo perfect

Pros

That everything you Need is in one spreadsheet

Cons

Nothing just keeps getting better every Update Love It

Excellent Spreadsheet

I have had a great experience. I converted from PC to MAC without an issue and great service

Pros

The functionality and the analysis it offers.

Cons

I wish could find the formulas and the corresponding cells. I can get the formulas in the formula bar, but unable to find the cells as they are hidden thus difficult to understand some of the formulas if you are looking for that.

Andrés

Using House flipping

I use it all the time on pricing my projects, although I have to customize some lines and update the cost of labor/material but that is part of the good experience, that allows me to customize and update.

Pros

Its a complete program with almost all categories on the repair section

Cons

There is basically nothing I would say I like least, I think it is very useful the way is edited.

Greg

Instrumental in scaling our flipping business

Our experience has been great. It really helped us systemize and scale our flipping business.

Pros

It helped us systemize our flipping business.

Cons

It was too cumbersome to use all the components

House Flipping Spreadsheet

This product has become an essential piece of my business. I use it to analyze future projects and to track the progress of current projects.

Pros

This product is a great tool for tracking the progress of individual projects. It's easy to use and easy to learn. It's also great for forecasting the future performance of a project.

Cons

Customizing the software to include individual preferences is near impossible. Customer support is pretty good about taking requests and implementing them, however.

Jake

Exactly what I was looking for

Pros

It does everything needed to Analyze, Buy, and flip. I also got the Rental sheet for my rentals. Exactly what I wanted in a program at 1/3 the price of others.

Cons

I wish it was more tablet friendly. There is a tablet version but it’s missing most of the reports. I would like a version that looks good on a tablet with limited info more for the tracking and accounting. But then be able to open the same sheet on a PC and have full access.

Excellent Budget Tracker

Overall I feel it's a great program than any flipper should definitely use. This is a high-risk high reward type of business and it's easy to lose money on if you are not prepared. If you use the spreadsheet like you're supposed to, you will always have the very best chance to be profitable.

Pros

Two aspects that are critical that the House flipping spreadsheet has. The maximum purchase price analysis and budget tracking ability. I flip about 12 houses per year. Not over buying on the house to begin with and staying on budget is the biggest priority for staying profitable.

Cons

There are a lot of reports that I don't use that are under the manage project section. If you haven't flipped a house before, then it would be to use them a few times to get accustomed to the process, but for me, it's additional steps that I don't use.

Great Tool to Grow Your Business

Pros

I like how I am able to account for every type of expense from my holding costs to the actual rehab costs. It gives you a final number after taking all of that into account so it's so easy to see what your profit will be from day to day.

Cons

There are several features that make it very "clunky" For example it is not easy to copy contents of one workbook into another workbook. Also each time you click from one page to another page it resets where you to the beginning.

Response from Venture Sheets

Hi Michael, thanks for the review! We will work on some of those usability items in our next update! Thanks for the feedback

I Love the House Flipping Spreadsheet

This makes it easier to put an investors package together. They can see the numbers broken down in a proffesional way.

Pros

Its easy to use. Once you plug the initial numbers in, it automatically starts creating usable information.

Cons

Its less about the spreadsheet and more about the numbers in this business being complicated. Its a lot of information and i can get lost trying to figure out what section i need to use.

Kalani

Pleasantly Surprised

Could not have been happier with this purchase. It will continue to serve me and my business for many years. Thank you.

Pros

The features of this software include so many different components that as a house flipper, I was needing. The most useful part I think, is the section that includes dozens of different types of reports including those for contractors, lenders, realtors, buyers, etc. It really is so comprehensive and convenient.

Cons

If you are not proficient in excel, it can take quite a bit of time to get accustomed to the software. However, there are some really comprehensive videos that assist in using the spreadsheet. The customer service is absolutely phenomenal. Every time I called the creator, was the one to answer and help me solve my problem.

Ramon

House Flipping Spreadsheet Newbie Review

Very positive. I think great work was put into it and as a customer, I appreciate the one-time fee versus a subscription.

Pros

I like that the software is tailored to real estate investors and is generally simple to use. I typically use it to review numbers on a deal, but I have not maximized its use for documents and detailed rehab estimations. I do appreciate that these things are provided and refer to them from time to time.

Cons

I am not a fan of the load time though it is relatively quick for a spreadsheet. There have been some hiccups when trying to run various scenarios such as changing from a general rehab estimate on the overall numbers page to a detailed estimate. Messing with numbers has the risk of breaking the cells/formulas, but a restart usually solves the problem. The user interface is an 80 out of 100, but I am really liking the new software that is in development. Overall, the software is great, but because it is a spreadsheet and not a true stand-alone software it is not optimal.

Best on the market, but with some flaws

I have had issues with it moving on the screen slightly. It will 'flicker' a few millimeters to the left and right and will not stop unless I move the mouse. I had to re-download the program for this to stop. IT is the best product I have found and I like the updates. IF there was a way to show the rent of the area, and have the spreadsheet compare the exits for selling or holding and renting, that would be a nice feature. Maybe even include depreciation costs.

Pros

Features are endless. Lot's of effort on design. It is a must have in the toolbox.

Cons

Bulky and seems to operate slowly. I most use the set-up and project analysis areas. If these were more sync'd it could make things faster as I am analyzing dozens of properties a day.

Kim

Amazing tool!

This is an incredible tool for our home flips and it is well worth the cost. I like how there are different options on the loan structures and it can print out rehab estimates with photos for the lender. This spreadsheet has every nook and cranny you can think of. Customer service is very fast and friendly as well!

Pros

This software is SO much better than trying to use plain spreadsheets. There are so many variables to use and it is in a very easy to view format - especially for the final numbers. It is well worth the cost- it saved me so much time than trying to figure it out on its own.

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about this software!

I couldn’t manage my projects with the House Flipping Spreadsheet

I solved our estimating and job tracking issues. I still have a bigger beast of a problem managing quickbooks for the business all of our expenses. I manage this by inputting the performance summary notes after projects into excel to track our net revenue. All other items stay in the HFS software.

Pros

I can manage repair estimates, scope of work and track our expenses throughout the project.

Cons

Only complaint. 1.) When I open the software and enable macros, the settings in the background of excel are changed. I always end up lossing access to viewing the formula bar the next time I open excel. This forces me to go back in and look for the correct settings to re-enable access to the formula bar. Doing this a lot sucks.

Response from Venture Sheets

Hi James, thanks for the review. We will evaluate some of the usability issues you mentioned in our next update. Thanks!

Leland

Great Tool

I use this tool to quickly and easily evaluate every potential flip I purchase.

Pros

This is an invaluable tool that makes it easy to quickly evaluate a deal’s profitability.

Cons

I haven’t experienced any cons with this spreadsheet.

Peter

Everything you need to evaluate a deal!

House Flipping Spreadsheet allows me to make better, more accurrate offers in less time. And my business only does well when Im making offers.

Pros

Robust, but simple to use. You can dive as deep as you want and explore more and more features, or keep it simple to quickly anazlyze any deal you come across.

Cons

Havent found anything I dont like to be honest.

Jeff

I've been using House Flipping Spreadsheet since it became public

In the beginning when I was learning to use the first editions, I'd call for support and get representative, on the phone. He was very helpful. I use this sheet to make sure I included everything in my estimates.

Pros

It covers all that I need it too. After I do my back of the napkin calculations, I use HFS to do my final numbers before I buy or sell my houses.

Cons

I really don't have any. I'd like to use the HFS to its fullest, I just don't seem to make time to do so.

Lea

Keep Your Flips on Track

This spreadsheet makes me more thorough on my scopes and makes it easy to send a detailed scope quickly.

Pros

The detailed scope of work makes my estimates look very professional.

Cons

Saving the Estimate and Scope Reports as separate pdf's to send easier.

edison

best flipping spreasheet

the analyze tools one of the best features to quickly decide on a project and, of course the Track financials tools is great. I've been using it since the first version and get the free upgrades every time there's one out. Each version is better than the last.

Pros

it's most complete flipping spreadsheet on the market. it has all the important features and even some features that I didn't need.

Cons

I just wish you could customize it a little bit.

4.7/5 out of 98 reviews