• Pros

• "This product is a great tool for tracking the progress of individual projects. It's easy to use and easy to learn. It's also great for forecasting the future performance of a project."

• "The detailed scope of work makes my estimates look very professional."

• "Robust, but simple to use. You can dive as deep as you want and explore more and more features, or keep it simple to quickly anazlyze any deal you come across."

• Cons

• "There is a lot to learn. The scope of this software will overwhelm you if you don't take the time to learn each spreadsheet. The learning curve can be smoothed out by using the training videos."

• "It seemed like there were a few bugs in the first version that got me a little frustrated, but those seem to have been worked out."

• "Sometimes there is too much information and options and modifying it is very complicated. being an excel document has its limitations, however for the cost its not so bad. "

Browse House Flipping Spreadsheet Reviews

Steve from Freedom Realty

Fast Track to Real Estate Investment Flipping, Rentals and so much more!!

This software is a must have and if you are new. Start here. Your ROI return on investment on your first deal and save you from making big mistakes that will cost you BIG $$$$ the Creator has Great Resources even for nothing additional. "Put a NERD on your Team! "

Pros

For a very small investment even for the Enterprise Editions (Recommended) You are on your way to understanding the Real Estate Rehab / Rental Business. 27 years in business as a Real Estate Broker,Loan officer, Construction company owner and thousands of dollars invested in Books, seminars, training and owning and learning this software will save you 10-15+ years. Just starting out, veteran RE Investor.

Cons

No Downside! Here! I don't know anything about designing spreadsheets. I know how to work them!

Most powerful flipping spreadsheet available

It helped me very thoroughly plan out my flip. Though I made some errors with the purchase and overlooked quite a few issues. Nothing to do with the spreadsheet.

Pros

It’s thoroughness. there are so many different areas and the reports are quite powerful if not almost overwhelming at times or discouraging because you realize how much really goes in to a flip. It was an eye opener for me

Cons

It’s not a dynamic web app!! Mentioned it before to the creator !! A bonus would be to have a house analysis / almost a inspectors module. Of course if you did it right you’d hire someone but it would be cool to have a nice online check list that would hold pictures and you could even send it in to have an expert review it. Nothing replaces a good house inspection but some people could just use a sweet guide! They will learn! iPad app would be wicked. Now that you can measure distances with iPad iPhone you could go pretty crazy with this system!!

Response from Venture Sheets

Replied March 2019

Thank you for the review! We are working on a new web-based platform called FlipperForce which will work on mobile devices and should alleviate some of the issues you are having in the spreadsheet format. We are currently beta testing the software, so you are welcome to create a free account.

John from Buy and Sell Homes, LLC

Helpful House Flipping Spreadsheet

It has been helpful as an introductory tracking system for our new house flipping business.

Pros

Features and functionality. Ease of entering expenses. Seemed to have thought of most everything. Still learning how to use some parts of it.

Cons

The spreadsheet is glitchy at times. Freezes sometimes. Difficult to tell source of data in some of the reports.

Olga from City Groove Investments LLC

Big Help for investor that's just starting out

Before I purchased this spreadsheet, I didn't even know how to approach tracking finances for my first flip, so it solved a great deal of problems!! It saved me from reinventing the wheel with all the most common expense categories already pre-filled and nicely organized, it even has prices for common material and labor costs, and a project scheduler capability, but I haven't got to use them yet.

Pros

That it's available on Google Sheets. I work from multiple computers (and phone), so moving from desktop to the cloud has sped up my record keeping so much! There are also multiple powerful reports which a math geek in me just loves!!! If your online platform will ever be as powerful as a spreadsheet (haven't checked it in a while), I might switch to that because I would love to have my vendors and expense categories already saved and reusable for multiple projects.

Cons

Google Sheets spreadsheet is slow to load, and many of the features are extraneous for me. I also wish there was a way to attach check images (or link to where it's stored in the cloud), but I guess it's a Google Sheets limitation. Otherwise I'm really happy with it. Also, the Expense sheet won't sort by date unless you select a range, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Shannon from ASAP Properties, LLC

Great product for all levels of skill

It's a great presentation tool we use with our lenders and also a training tool for other team members.

Pros

It was designed for real estate entrepreneurs.

Cons

Nothing at all. We use the software daily.

Sidney from Triple Diamond Homes and Property , LLC

Best House flipping Spreadsheet ever

From Start to finish The program works seamlessly and from page to page all the calculations go where they need to be which Saves So much Time all the checklist reports with Company Logo perfect

Pros

That everything you Need is in one spreadsheet

Cons

Nothing just keeps getting better every Update Love It

John from Telecommunications

Excellent Spreadsheet

I have had a great experience. I converted from PC to MAC without an issue and great service

Pros

The functionality and the analysis it offers.

Cons

I wish could find the formulas and the corresponding cells. I can get the formulas in the formula bar, but unable to find the cells as they are hidden thus difficult to understand some of the formulas if you are looking for that.

Danielle from DiaSan Properties

Easy to use, helpful

I am happy I,purchased this product. It helps me set up a budget, it is pretty easy to use and while I do not need every field (or sometimes even half of them) it is useful to go through each section for brainstorming purposes if nothing else.

Pros

The software is easy to use if you are comfortable with spreadsheets. It helps me remember easy to overlook expenses.

Cons

It is basically a spreadsheet so it is not easy to see all the information in one place. However the reports section helps with that to some degree.

Reasons for Choosing House Flipping Spreadsheet

N/a

Andrés from I Remodel your Home Co

Using House flipping

I use it all the time on pricing my projects, although I have to customize some lines and update the cost of labor/material but that is part of the good experience, that allows me to customize and update.

Pros

Its a complete program with almost all categories on the repair section

Cons

There is basically nothing I would say I like least, I think it is very useful the way is edited.

Greg from Apex House Buyers

Instrumental in scaling our flipping business

Our experience has been great. It really helped us systemize and scale our flipping business.

Pros

It helped us systemize our flipping business.

Cons

It was too cumbersome to use all the components

House Flipping Spreadsheet

This product has become an essential piece of my business. I use it to analyze future projects and to track the progress of current projects.

Pros

Cons

Customizing the software to include individual preferences is near impossible. Customer support is pretty good about taking requests and implementing them, however.

Jake from Configo Properties, LLC

Exactly what I was looking for

Pros

It does everything needed to Analyze, Buy, and flip. I also got the Rental sheet for my rentals. Exactly what I wanted in a program at 1/3 the price of others.

Cons

I wish it was more tablet friendly. There is a tablet version but it’s missing most of the reports. I would like a version that looks good on a tablet with limited info more for the tracking and accounting. But then be able to open the same sheet on a PC and have full access.

Excellent Budget Tracker

Overall I feel it's a great program than any flipper should definitely use. This is a high-risk high reward type of business and it's easy to lose money on if you are not prepared. If you use the spreadsheet like you're supposed to, you will always have the very best chance to be profitable.

Pros

Two aspects that are critical that the House flipping spreadsheet has. The maximum purchase price analysis and budget tracking ability. I flip about 12 houses per year. Not over buying on the house to begin with and staying on budget is the biggest priority for staying profitable.

Cons

There are a lot of reports that I don't use that are under the manage project section. If you haven't flipped a house before, then it would be to use them a few times to get accustomed to the process, but for me, it's additional steps that I don't use.

Michael from Moleo Capital Holdings Inc

Great Tool to Grow Your Business

Pros

I like how I am able to account for every type of expense from my holding costs to the actual rehab costs. It gives you a final number after taking all of that into account so it's so easy to see what your profit will be from day to day.

Cons

There are several features that make it very "clunky" For example it is not easy to copy contents of one workbook into another workbook. Also each time you click from one page to another page it resets where you to the beginning.

Response from Venture Sheets

Replied March 2019

Hi Michael, thanks for the review! We will work on some of those usability items in our next update! Thanks for the feedback

Kalani from Green Bridge Holdings

Pleasantly Surprised

Could not have been happier with this purchase. It will continue to serve me and my business for many years. Thank you.

Pros

The features of this software include so many different components that as a house flipper, I was needing. The most useful part I think, is the section that includes dozens of different types of reports including those for contractors, lenders, realtors, buyers, etc. It really is so comprehensive and convenient.

Cons

If you are not proficient in excel, it can take quite a bit of time to get accustomed to the software. However, there are some really comprehensive videos that assist in using the spreadsheet. The customer service is absolutely phenomenal. Every time I called the creator, was the one to answer and help me solve my problem.

I Love the House Flipping Spreadsheet

This makes it easier to put an investors package together. They can see the numbers broken down in a proffesional way.

Pros

Its easy to use. Once you plug the initial numbers in, it automatically starts creating usable information.

Cons

Its less about the spreadsheet and more about the numbers in this business being complicated. Its a lot of information and i can get lost trying to figure out what section i need to use.

Ramon from Real Estate

House Flipping Spreadsheet Newbie Review

Very positive. I think great work was put into it and as a customer, I appreciate the one-time fee versus a subscription.

Pros

I like that the software is tailored to real estate investors and is generally simple to use. I typically use it to review numbers on a deal, but I have not maximized its use for documents and detailed rehab estimations. I do appreciate that these things are provided and refer to them from time to time.

Cons

I am not a fan of the load time though it is relatively quick for a spreadsheet. There have been some hiccups when trying to run various scenarios such as changing from a general rehab estimate on the overall numbers page to a detailed estimate. Messing with numbers has the risk of breaking the cells/formulas, but a restart usually solves the problem. The user interface is an 80 out of 100, but I am really liking the new software that is in development. Overall, the software is great, but because it is a spreadsheet and not a true stand-alone software it is not optimal.

Botting, from House Buyers Florida

Getting Dialed In

The rehab estimator lets us project our expenses and it keeps our contractors on notice that we know what things cost. If something goes over budget we can see why. Its powerful when you can show someone you're organized and accountable for your flips.

Pros

The scope of this software is impressive. From planning expenses for running your business to predicting business revenue years down the road HFS has it all. Rehab estimator? Check! Marketing budget planner? Check! Project management spreadsheet? Check! Its got all of these. You have to dive into it to take advantage of everything it does for a business. They have great video to help you learn it all.

Cons

Best on the market, but with some flaws

I have had issues with it moving on the screen slightly. It will 'flicker' a few millimeters to the left and right and will not stop unless I move the mouse. I had to re-download the program for this to stop. IT is the best product I have found and I like the updates. IF there was a way to show the rent of the area, and have the spreadsheet compare the exits for selling or holding and renting, that would be a nice feature. Maybe even include depreciation costs.

Pros

Features are endless. Lot's of effort on design. It is a must have in the toolbox.

Cons

Bulky and seems to operate slowly. I most use the set-up and project analysis areas. If these were more sync'd it could make things faster as I am analyzing dozens of properties a day.

Kim from Construction

Amazing tool!

This is an incredible tool for our home flips and it is well worth the cost. I like how there are different options on the loan structures and it can print out rehab estimates with photos for the lender. This spreadsheet has every nook and cranny you can think of. Customer service is very fast and friendly as well!

Pros

This software is SO much better than trying to use plain spreadsheets. There are so many variables to use and it is in a very easy to view format - especially for the final numbers. It is well worth the cost- it saved me so much time than trying to figure it out on its own.

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about this software!

James from Rencon Development Company, LLC.

I couldn’t manage my projects with the House Flipping Spreadsheet

I solved our estimating and job tracking issues. I still have a bigger beast of a problem managing quickbooks for the business all of our expenses. I manage this by inputting the performance summary notes after projects into excel to track our net revenue. All other items stay in the HFS software.

Pros

I can manage repair estimates, scope of work and track our expenses throughout the project.

Cons

Only complaint. 1.) When I open the software and enable macros, the settings in the background of excel are changed. I always end up lossing access to viewing the formula bar the next time I open excel. This forces me to go back in and look for the correct settings to re-enable access to the formula bar. Doing this a lot sucks.

Response from Venture Sheets

Replied March 2019

Hi James, thanks for the review. We will evaluate some of the usability issues you mentioned in our next update. Thanks!

Leland from Blackpool Properties

Great Tool

I use this tool to quickly and easily evaluate every potential flip I purchase.

Pros

This is an invaluable tool that makes it easy to quickly evaluate a deal’s profitability.

Cons

I haven’t experienced any cons with this spreadsheet.

Peter from Bowlmouse Real Estate Company

Everything you need to evaluate a deal!

House Flipping Spreadsheet allows me to make better, more accurrate offers in less time. And my business only does well when Im making offers.

Pros

Cons

Havent found anything I dont like to be honest.

Jeff from NewLook Realty Company

I've been using House Flipping Spreadsheet since it became public

In the beginning when I was learning to use the first editions, I'd call for support and get representative, on the phone. He was very helpful. I use this sheet to make sure I included everything in my estimates.

Pros

It covers all that I need it too. After I do my back of the napkin calculations, I use HFS to do my final numbers before I buy or sell my houses.

Cons

I really don't have any. I'd like to use the HFS to its fullest, I just don't seem to make time to do so.

Lea from House Renovators, LLC

Keep Your Flips on Track

This spreadsheet makes me more thorough on my scopes and makes it easy to send a detailed scope quickly.

Pros

The detailed scope of work makes my estimates look very professional.

Cons

Saving the Estimate and Scope Reports as separate pdf's to send easier.

edison from Self Employed

best flipping spreasheet

the analyze tools one of the best features to quickly decide on a project and, of course the Track financials tools is great. I've been using it since the first version and get the free upgrades every time there's one out. Each version is better than the last.

Pros

it's most complete flipping spreadsheet on the market. it has all the important features and even some features that I didn't need.

Cons

I just wish you could customize it a little bit.

Cory from Property Scope RE LLC

Great software for rehabbers

I do like it and it seems very user friendly with a very short learning curve. We use it to develop a pretty accurate offer and rehab list as well as budget and timeline for the rehabs. Other than the tablet integration issue (which hopefully future versions will address) we have no complaints and use it almost daily.

Pros

The software is packed with very useful tools and reports and the way it flows and auto-populates from previous screens is very nice.

Cons

It doesn't work on a tablet, tried iPad and Fire Tablets. In all fairness there is a tablet version that I do like however it doesn't integrate with the desktop version so the duplication of work when we get back to the office is a bit of a pain but its better than lugging around a large lap top on appointment's.

Matthew from Persistence Properties

HFS & Why It Works!

I’ve found this product to be very useful with my business. The amount of functions it has and the way everything is laid out make analyzing flips and rental effortless.

Pros

I loved how user friendly it was, it’s customization capabilities and the customer support base. It made everything very organized and easily viewed.

Cons

I wish it was more mobile friendly. I believe this will be solved with Flipper Force though.

Jerry from Glass Doctor

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Saves me HOURS!

Pros

The ease of use is most important but the accuracy is a very close second. The software saves me hours of work by drilling down on every aspect of the project with no hidden areas. Thank you for developing such a wonderful tool!

Cons

No cons. Everything works right the first time and if I don't understand something customer service takes care of me right away.

Folajimi from Fota Estates, LLC

Made my business a whole lot effective

Pros

Easy to use and very effective. I was able to plug my numbers in and get immediate results.

Cons

Create a web based platform so the software can be used on and device

Response from Venture Sheets

Replied March 2019

Hey Folajimi, Thanks for the review! We are currently building out a new web-based platform called FlipperForce.com which can be used on mobile devices!

David from Warrick Properties Group LLC

Pretty complete and useful

Spreadsheet is great if you take the time to enter everything as you grow. If you get behind it's very hard to kick back up with all the numbers. I would definitely is this again for another flip however I would stay on top of every number as I go, saving often.

Pros

Has almost everything you need to track on any flip. Lots of numbers and values to enter and have for easy tracking.

Cons

Very big file. Huge spread sheet spread across multiple pages. Excel is no the easiest program if you're not proficient with it can be hard to use. A few glitches in sheets, only minor.

Max from DelVal RE

Great product for investors!

I have been very pleased with the HFS and the team. I feel like a valued customer and I have always felt confident in the sheet outputs.

Pros

I like the fact that the sheet include different metrics and calculations to help make more informed decisions about buying vs not buying. I also find the pricing, for the most part, to be very accurate.

Cons

There isn't much to not like. I think my biggest complaint however, would be that the sheet is too robust. I never voiced my concern because frankly I don't see any areas to trim.

John from construction

HFS Review

HFS provided a way to not only know if your opportunity is worth investing in, it also allows you to manage the project in the same document ( turnkey). Well done.

Pros

How well the file tabs are designed and provide a true feasible result

Cons

It would be great if there was a rate list for materials per state. The reports are well done. It would be great if there were excel dashboards to use for the cost analysis

Rosaria from NKW Holdings Ltd.

Just what I was looking for

I really enjoyed using this program. The reports it generated were of professional quality and gave an accurate picture of my projects.

Pros

Pretty simple to use once you get a hang of it. Professional report generation Questions were answered fast Reliable support

Cons

Takes a bit of getting use to. Mortgage terms and calculations seem to be for the US market...need modifications for Canadian.

Response from Venture Sheets

Replied March 2019

Hi Rosaria, thanks for the feedback! What modifications would you need for the Candian market? Please shoot me an email with your suggestions and I'll take a look. Thanks!

Austin from Douglas Wilson Companies

HFS Review

It is more affordable for a solopreneur to just design your own spreadsheet. You'll understand the variables as you go along as well as how they interact with each other. That said, this is a good platform for businesses who already get these variables and their interplay, and just want to expedite the process of training employees or the like.

Pros

I like how simple it is to use. It calculates a lot of the variables for you, and most of the components are simply fill-in-the-blank and easy to understand. It is customizable and effective for time-saving, because you don't need to extensively modify an existing Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheet as it does it for you.

Cons

As it is customizable, it is not entirely your own. There are a lot of things that cannot be changed with ease and many of the features require customer service representatives to help you work.

Matt from Loeffler Realty & Development, Inc.

It is a great guide for a new investor to dig into the details of the process and forces us to learn and apply it all.

Pros

Very detailed rehab estimate section plus other really valuable sections like scope of work builder, business plan template, project management, investor fliers, etc.

Cons

It's a little clunky to navigate around between the different sections and reports. The excel format is a little more labor intensive than a streamlined software which I'm assuming is why they built flipperforce.com.

Hetal from RJB NIVAS

Great Tool for all Real Estate Investors

Pros

The simplicity of use of this software was what we were attracted to the most. It was very easy to input the data into the sheet and the reports were robust too.

Cons

Would love to have the capability to add in custom expense categories.

George from Real Estate

Huge Time Saver!

This spreadsheet has saved us about 3 hours per estimate/scope of work! It's all we use now for estimating and project scope of works.

Pros

Vastly speeds up the estimating process. Very customizable.

Cons

Editing the line items can be a bit cumbersome as typical "insert" & drag to fill functions do not work.

Chris from Stream Property Group

Amazing Program for Flipping/Rehabbing/Wholesale/ and Rentals

Amazing Program, i have been using it for years, the service is amazing, when i have an issue or don't understand something i get very quick responses from him.

Pros

I use ever feature on the program, i love it.

Cons

It's built in excel and from time to time has glitches, it's hitting the limitations from Excel.

Travis from Ace Property Investments, LLC

Pretty Good

Ultimately, I used it for a bit, and liked it, but at some point it became too cumbersome and I couldnt add things I need to easily. I think this would be better set as a stand alone software as opposed to an excel program.

Pros

Lots of features and options to do things how I do them. Well designed and pretty intuitive. Easy to read reports

Randy from Strong's Wood Works

Good product for new or experienced investor

Pros

Now that they are using google docs. The software is more stable and faster. They are quite extensive in the details for determining costs associated with building or rehabs. AND you can customize easily to your specific needs. THIS was our biggest factor as most software pigeon holes you into their paradigm.

Cons

Needs to get software registered with Google. Keep getting warnings from Google.

Mark from Ashford Contractors

Must Have for Flippers

I've had a great experience. I can easily print out as much or as little detail as i need to send to a seller, lender, etc. to back up my offer or application. The customer service with any questions I had was beyond excellent.

Pros

The ability to create so many different types of reports based on one time inputting of data, able to add my own logo and brand to each report, customer service is the best I've ever experienced with any product.

Cons

Estimate format is not in standard CSI format, which is how I normally create estimates.

Response from Venture Sheets

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the feedback Mark! What CSI Division code do you use? Do you use the old 16 Division CSI Code or the new one that has 40+?

Amber from Leadway Properties, LLC.

House Flipping Spreadsheet

I am able to stay completely organized. This has made productive very easy.

Pros

House Flipping Spreadsheet has helped me stay on point and organized with my business.

Cons

I really don't have any cons about the software.

Omarie from K08 Sounds

Helpful and Easy to Use

Pros

I flip houses with my father as a hobby type job. He found this software and we have been using it for planning for about 6 months now. I enjoy it because I am horrible at excel and creating spreadsheets. This makes it easier for me and simplifies the process of comparing prices, building budgets, and planning each project.

Cons

Only con is that I wish the better versions, like the enterprise edition, were cheaper. Right now we just use the basic but are looking to upgrade. It’s a higher expense that we do not want to invest in yet though.

Stacy from DINC

All in one machine

The owner (can't remember his name) was super friendly when I had questions and would answer all of them.

Pros

I love that the House Flipping Software is all in one and I can literally have one sheet per house to manage everything in.

Cons

It was hard to learn. It was really trial and error.

David from Atlantic Appraisal Solutions, LLC

Great product for the price.

The reports that the spreadsheet produces are great. It's easy to put together a presentation for investors or the bank quickly.

Pros

I like that the spreadsheet is visual. Everything is color-coded making it very easy to find what you're looking for. Data entry and changing data are easy for testing different scenarios, and the reports are easy to produce. Everything just works like it is supposed to.

Scott from Krogman Homes LLC

House Flipping Spreadsheet review

We were able to keep track of our budget which helped in some of our business decisions. Which allowed us to have a better return.

Pros

This software was easy to use and allowed us to view all aspects of our flip. Like where are budget was during the process, listing of what was spent and when.

Cons

The one thing is to be able to enter and break out expenses easier. I feel with more time working in the software I'll find a way to do this. I just felt if there was an better way up front it would be better.

LOREN from Construction

Has helped understand flipping potential

Pros

I like the way that I can use this software to easily perform an estimate with regional calculations.

Cons

I wish it was more easily used/formatted on mobile devices...tablets especially.

Max from Red Oak Investments LLC

Great spreadsheet, wish it integrated with Quikbooks

Very good, overall very satisfied.

Pros

Very good for tracking and planning scope and cost of work. I use it for planing my projects and to generate reports for investors and lenders before, during and after projects.

Cons

Would be really nice if it integrated with quick books, would also be nice if you can have multiple properties on a single spreadsheet.

Response from Venture Sheets

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, since it's a spreadsheet integrating with Quickbooks is challenging (if not impossible). You can currently export your data to a CSV file to import the data into Quickbooks. We are building a new web-based platform gives you the ability to manage multiple properties (without separate spreadsheets) & will hopefully eventually have a Quickbooks integration.

Ray from prairie life investments

nice spreadsheet but..

i use it for my initial back of envelope for now

Pros

nice layout , clear and easy to read , works ok on macs

Cons

needs multiple sections for financing , some flippers get money from multiple sources to make the deal and most always there are different terms for each . this is a must if you really need to do it all in one spreadsheet ... the reporting isnt great , confusing and you want to be able to remove stuff and ad graphics , i dont know if this will ever be good

Response from Venture Sheets

Replied March 2019

Hi Ray, the House Flipping Spreadsheet currently offers up to 2 different loans + equity partnerships? Are you wanting more than 2 loans? The reports are customizable so you can remove, edit or change the formatting or add graphics to whatever you need.