All Housecall Pro Reviews

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Great ERP system for small businesses especially in Service industries

I love Housecall Pro

PROS

I love that I can do everything in one spot. Employees can clock in, jobs can be scheduled. Dashboards are present to view performance, and credit processing is easy.

CONS

A bit expensive per month but it definitely has a lot of features. Every now and then it will have some bugs but easily fixed.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

The sales team was very informative and not pressuring.

Trish

Reviewed February 2023

I am obsessed!

We came running back to HCP after using another software for a year. Our breaking point with that software was the price book being outrageously difficult to utilize. With the new DOE changes for 2023, ALL hvac major equipment has been changed and we needed to do update that accordingly. The price book in HCP is smart, helpful, calculated, and still very easy to figure out and utilize.

PROS

We used HCP for years when we decided to move to another software. After a year on that other software, we came RUNNING back to HCP for many reasons. The biggest reasons? Ease of use, amazing features, customer service, and price points.

CONS

Auto pricing for Maintenance Plan Agreements. It is technically there but having it more in depth would be great. Example: Our Gold Level get $0 service call fee-10% off materials-$50 off new system. HCP provides that 10% off though so still an absolutely amazing feature!

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

There are a multitude of reasons for the switch. *Ease of use*Price book*Online Booking*Auto- reviews*Maintenance Plans*Pricing (cost)*Checklists*Wiseteack

WOW! Love to see it! Thanks for the review! Curious to learn more about the issues with the service agreements, feel free to shoot me an email via proadvocate@housecallpro.com so we can help!

Replied February 2023

JonPaul

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Incredulous

So, we moved and I changed the business address a couple of months ago in my profile. Somehow during the change some profane words were written in the license box and then were saved. After that every invoice a customer received as a PDF has the profane words at the bottom of the invoice. HCP Said that they have no way of telling me when the exact date change was or a way to forward the emails sent to customers in the time frame so I can limit the amount of customers I need to confess this to. (some customers don't look at the PDF) This is something to think about here because HCP sends the email and we don't get Cc'ed or Bcc'ed. Therefore after a customer gets an invoice a permitted staff worker can change information later. It is incredulous that they can't look back at email history; I would think twice about using Twilio then. Although it is on my end that the profanity was created it was HCP that polished it into customers email. this makes them libel. Customers don't often open the PDFs when one does I will promptly give them HCP's number.

PROS

good for new company that wants to go paperless.

CONS

HCP the company is moving towards marketing. The pro clients are no longer the target clients. The pros are now the "Product" and the new target audience are warrantee companies. There is no way to quickly search for jobs and clients from the main page using key word. Things that make sense on a google platform are nixed in the HCP board room.And my main complaint: emails to clients are sent from HCP and the Pros are not even sent a copy of what they get. Therefore, there is no traceability compliance. When an invoice is created and sent the job is not locked up and can be edited after the client is billed out. The office will never see what the client gets sent and HCP can not dig it up for you. Emails are lost after 7 days I'm told.

Hi JonPaul, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied February 2023

Rosemary

Reviewed October 2022

HouseCall Pro

PROS

I love that I can do almost everything with this software. It has helped our company grow and I love that we are able to grow with HouseCall Pro.

CONS

I would really like to have inventory management available and I do not like working with Stripe for the payment processing. I am however, glad that they are starting to allow payroll though.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

The Price, the ease of use, and features.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Because HouseCall Pro has more features available that I needed to be able to utilize such as maintenance plans and GPS tracking.

Hi Rosemary, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied November 2022

Chad

Reviewed July 2021

Love this software

Love it. Used it before and got my new employer to use it because how great it is.

PROS

Had almost all the features of much more expensive products I have used in the past.

CONS

Wish it showed side by side pricing of discounts to show savings on a line by line basis, rather than just at the bottom.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Price and featured. I had wants and needs. This had all the needs and most of the wants

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Started me own company and ran for a year and a half. Closed it due to a move. But previous to that, used Service Titan with an old job. Liked it, but way to expensive. So I tried HCP and loved it. Now convinced my new boss to use it because how great it is.

Antonio

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Housecall Pro has made managing my home service business so much easier!

PROS

The scheduling and invoicing features are a game-changer for me.

CONS

I wish the mobile app had more customization options for my business needs.

Anthony

Reviewed January 2021

Housecall Pro Pros & Cons

I am very happy with it. I came from Wintac. I was with Wintac for about 25 years and made the switch to Housecall Pro and it has helped me with things Wintac was not capable of helping me with, like my online presence, getting more reviews, tracking how long employees take at jobs, etc.

PROS

Very easy to use, the user interface is clear, has mobile app, has desktop app, the company listens to its users and make updates to the software pretty quick. Has open API to a lot of 3rd party software and is open to having more. work orders are great

CONS

Still building new features that are very important to have but not there yet, some important features are there but seems like not a lot of time was put into those features where more time might have been put in other less important features. Reporting does not dig deep enough. service agreements need work

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Service Fusion - the set up was horrible, the support from the team didnt know any answers to my questions so i just assume it was going to be hell in the future. Service Titan - too expensive for a company my size. ThermoGrid - Price was high and the software had way too many steps to create a job from a call (correctly) to have proper reporting later on in the future. Also, the line items looks like an excel spreadsheet, wasnt too crazy about that.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

They were not updating the remote ability to the software. The actual desktop version of this software was GREAT but it stayed behind and let everyone else take over. It was very unfortunate. Than fieldedge took over and they basically are converting all their wintac users to fieldedge users. so basically wintac seems like its going under while being absorbed by fieldedge.

Ryan

Reviewed July 2020

Housecall Pro changed my life!

My overall experience with Housecall Pro has been fantastic. Even more so since I upgraded to the XL

PROS

Having the ability to track time, movement, KPI's, reviews, payments, scheduling etc is so powerful!

CONS

There are some things that yhe other juggernauts in the industry have that this software doesn't but I am confident they will get there, and I'm happy to have gotten in at basicalky the ground floor.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

I chose Housecall Pro over these others amongst many things, customer service, price point, responsiveness, and that HCP is constantly working to get better.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Software only did a fraction of what I needed it to.

Jacob

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Housecall Pro Rocks

The best part about Housecall Pro is the fact that we have all of our information for the entire business in one spot. It is one stop shop. It also integrates with Quickbooks Online, so we do not have to mess with transferring everything every time. It automatically does it for us. The customer service is also great, as they are quick to find an answer if they cannot fix it right away. I would highly recommend this company and software.

PROS

This software brings our entire company together. It helps us with all the scheduling needs that we have, and definitely helps keep all of your information together in one spot. You can also access this from your mobile devices too which is huge! We wouldn't be where we are today in our company if it wasn't for Housecall Pro.

CONS

There are a few features missing, that could make some delegations a little easier, but after while, when they hear from a bunch of people that they want this option added, they will add and integrate it to the software.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

The pricing for ServiceTitan was unreasonably high. Some of the products were great, and could be very useful, but after seeing other reviews, and looking at the actual price we would be paying per year, was incredibly high, and we would not be able to comfortably afford that!

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro had a lot more options for us, and it was very centered around our line of work. The previous software was very generic, and did not offer everything that we were wanting.

Reviewed September 2020

For daily service companies

It did get me thinking about how I do my books now which I use a software and I also log a general ledger by hand.

PROS

It keeps track of each project on a daily basis, My business is setup to where we could be on the same job for 1 week or 2 months , this software is best for daily services businesses.

CONS

That it did keep daily track of your operations, financial and cost of expenses including materials and labor efficiency.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Builder trend was to expensive and definitely not in my budget but also it was for bigger companies

Christina

Reviewed August 2019

Common Sense Approach to Managing your Clients and Employees!

Sometimes, using multiple software applications, to try and get one job done can be frustrating. Not so with HouseCall Pro. The customer service over chat is so quick and easy, as well as the "tips and troubleshooting" search -- any problems I am having are usually "self-generated." LOL!

PROS

This has got to be the easiest "learning curve" I have ever experienced. Coming from a completely different industry, to manage the office here was a bit daunting. BUT - HouseCall Pro made it much easier. a) Customers: Easy to set up customers in system, note their special preferences, create "tags" to track for where they heard about us, and contact them via emails or texts. Each account has the Zillow pic and profile of each of our customers - providing a wealth of information to us before we even arrive to service their home. b) Employees: Love the "personal touch" of adding the photos of our team - Our customers can see who is arriving - and - with the notification system, they know when they will be there. TimeTracker makes payroll a snap, and allows employees the flexibility to check in and out while out in the field thru the app - not tied to a punch clock or computer in the office. c) Scheduling: Easy to use, nice 'color-coding' features for each employee, with options to notify your customer of changes or not. Quickly able to schedule on the fly, thru the phone app. Can look day, week or month with a quick tab change. d) Invoicing: LOVE it --- the team can enter in all their details, which would normally have to be transcribed from paper notes, on the Work Orders thru the phone app. Nice presentation to the customers, with immediate email invoice available, the minute the job is done and paid for. AND it flows to QuickBooks!

CONS

Creating "work arounds" for creating multiple sub-accounts for a main client. Sometimes, there needs to be a three layer deep ability to categorize a customer. Example: Parent Company (Main Customer), which has multiple condominium complexes (Sub Accounts of Main Customer)- each one having its own name/ billing account, and then, the need to create sub accounts for each Condo Complex (a Sub Sub Account) - for each individual Unit (for service address)

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Another local plumbing outfit recommended we try HouseCall.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Needed to have a more integrated scheduling and invoicing system. Desired software which integrated ability to accept payments (get rid of our Square), and integrated with QB Online for accounting purposes.

Roger

Reviewed August 2019

Gets easier to use and better everyday. Support from the company is amazing, they are alway evolving

HCP is giving me time to market and feels like a partner or mentor to our continued growth and success.

PROS

Ease of setup. Kind and patient support team. Did I say patient? After our office manager retired, we were able to implement HCP and within weeks realized that we no longer needed an office manager! It was tough to change my ways after doing “what worked” for the first 28 years, but these last two years with HCP have really helped us grow and I spend about 15 hours/week less sitting at a desk. Our crews like having the power to create estimates and quote work and extras. The payment portal speeds up collections. The software is constantly improving. We are a completely paperless company now, save for permit applications and such. It is so easy to schedule out days, weeks, a month. Drag and drop to move appointments. Creating/changing unit prices is so easy.

CONS

Making changes to estimates or invoices to a customer puts you back to the dashboard, which is distracting if you are handling multiple invoices for a property management company for instance. A work around is to open each one in a new window on the desktop. We use the desktop site in the field since the mobile site will not rotate on our iPads and we have keyboard cases. The dashboard shows outstanding invoices when you log on, but you cannot click on them individually to review. No integration with QB desktop, though I may be the only person who has that problem.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Lack of transparency initially regarding their rates, etc. High pressure sales, felt a bit like a target. The online reviews were all over the place.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

We found RazorSync to be a bit clunky and confusing for us, though it did have more features.

Jason

Reviewed November 2019

Housecall Pro - ALMOST the best home services software on the market

Initially very good upon onboarding. As soon as we were up and running we were asked to join a few other programs they offered which were beneficial to us and due to the initial low price we were happy to add these on. As far as functionality, the system is great for home services companies with features like "on my way" texting and emails as well as processing for payments and online booking. Implementation by the company was our issue. The features were great but many were buggy and did not work well together.

PROS

Housecall Pro has a robust amount of features in an affordable package. The main interface is fairly easy to use Dedicated online fan base on Facebook that is a ton of help

CONS

No official support phone line from the company. They utilize a chat bubble on their website for support and have little to no way of escalating a problem to speak with someone. The implementation of new features comes fast and furious. The features are not always perfected before implementation and are buggy

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

a much larger catalog of options and seemingly great customer support

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

We were consolidating the number of programs we were using

Thanks for your loyalty and the 4-star review, Jason. We are constantly making improvements to the platform and launching new features. Our chat bubble is able to handle many of our customer's questions, but we have recently launched some packages that come with dedicated phone support for those who prefer that. Please take a look and let us know if you would be interested in one!

Replied December 2019

Joe

Reviewed July 2021

Worst Business Software I have ever used

Horrible, expensive and a waste of time

PROS

Nothing. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

CONS

Everything. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Better features. (But none of them actually work)

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Soho is great and house all sucks

Derek

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

HVAC business

PROS

It's relatively easy to use. I can schedule an estimate, then convert it to a job once approved, send the invoice and even take payments through the website/app

CONS

The online scheduling option seems like it could be a good feature, but our company doesn't use it much and the times we have used it, the emails just got lost or customers selected the wrong responses which led to confusion. Scheduling a job that takes multiple days is also a bit of a nuisance. We switched from Jobber, and they were so easy to schedule a multiple day job.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Jobber was lacking some features that HCP had. Jobber also had some good features that HCP does not. In the end, the pros outweighed the cons and we made the switch.

Hi Derek, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied November 2022

Joshua

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Housecall Pro in the HVAC field

From customer service, integration and ease of use this product can't be beat

PROS

The scheduling feature alone makes our daily operation extremely efficient, couple that with the customer notification system and you have a full office in the palm of your hand!

CONS

We haven't found anything yet! The system is very easy to use!

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Cost, ease of use, available add on options and integration with quick books.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

We were looking to go digital and paperless. We are a small company and were looking for an edge to set us apart from other companies in our area who use traditional service tickets and office personnel for scheduling and record keeping. This program reduces our need for office time and keeps everyone informed with what is going on during our day and gets us into the field faster than traditional methods.

Shauna