Joist Software Reviews

Joist Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Absolutely love this program. Use it all the time for estimates."
  • icon"It was easy to build an estimate and input customer information."
  • icon"This product has potential like how it’s laid out pretty easy to use from a business standpoint and has different things you can do."
  • icon"Usually they only want you to use community...we hate that."

Browse all Joist Reviews

• Have you used Joist and would like to share your experience with others?

Khadijah

Joist was my starter invoice application. It allowed my small business to go to the next level

Pros

I love that joist is easy to use from computer or smart phone on the go is not a problem. Joist is easy to use and understand even for older people who are not use to computers. When a payment is sent I can update my invoice so that I may see how much I have made even can update payment plans and make contracts

Cons

The fee for receiving payments via the app. Sometimes the site and app can be down for maintenance when I really need it

Jason

Joist- the estimating software you've been waiting for

Joist not only acts as a great estimating / quoting software. It functions as a decent crm, tracking customers email views and allowing you to sort them in multiple ways. Financing is built right in, making it a seamless presentation tool. You are also able to take payments. Pictures and documents can be uploaded right to your proposal. Different contracts can also be attached for commercial, residential, new construction etc.

Pros

Joist is simple to set up, use and demonstrate. Estimates can be emailed or texted right to the customers phone.

Cons

Lacks more robust features other offering in the estimate software category have. Not quite a full featured estimate software or crm but a very functional combination of both.

Reasons for choosing Joist

Markate was and is a close runner up. As our business scales up we will likely love on to markate.

Reasons for switching to Joist

House call pro was very robust but felt a little top unorganized for the price I was paying. Joist is 1/10th of the price and has many of the same features in an easier to use package.

matthew

Works great for invoicing

Pros

The app itself works great. Very helpful to email customer a invoice, estimate or a receipt right on the job

Cons

First- I wish when I look up a Customer Support, it would not only pull up his contact info, but also a history of his jobs/invoices Second- when you have customers pay with cc, joist uses WePay to process. WePay is a joke, zero communication, they went right into my bank acct and stole money simply because a customer clicked a dispute button because he was mad I didn't answer my phone when my sister was in a hospital.GONE and only through chats online have I received a pitiful notice that it will take up to 45 days to return my money, even after it took the blink of an eye to steal it. Crooks! And I will stop using joist just because of this instance. Boot WePay, hire a legit company like PayPal and I'd come back. Until then, I'm looking for new invoice company.

Joanna

September 2022

Simple To Use But Missing Essential Features

Pros

Simple to use, easy to find what you need.

Cons

App and desktop version don't communicate well, missing options that are necessary for billing and follow up marketing (example- no way to filter emails or customers added by month they were added for follow up)

Anthony

Excellent App Bad Tiered Pricing

Overall I like using the app and customer services has been good, I'm just not pleased with the new pricing experimantation going on

Pros

The app works perfectly and what I like the most is the notifications it provides when my clients open up their email and when they view the estimate.

Cons

I'm not happy with the tiered pricing the company has commenced to implement, I am currently a paid joist pro member and have been happy using the app for its functionality, recently the company has introduced a second tier plan (Joist Elite) that bring more features to the app, some features dont really justify the upgrade however this tiered pricing implemented as a as we go along basis and not from app commencment feels a bit unfair for already paid members who feel left out or feel our current membership wont get any new updates. One can say they can keep stacking tier after tier Joist Gold JOIST ultra etc.. It feels more like a pay for extra features on a subscription based offered than an actual upgrade in tier For that they should have offered one time payment upgrades.

Pete

May 2022

Great starter platform

Support is not very responsive nor willing to provide real assistance. It's really a shame, because it really could be a dynamite program if they actually listened to customer's needs, and provided stronger functionality. They could even charge more. But they don't seem to care.

Pros

Simple and straightforward, although lacking much needed functionality.

Cons

Doesn't provide for a contractor who regularly services companies or multiple locations, just simple contacts with single locations. Support team doesn't work to implement additional features based on user input, not interested. Unfortunate.

Rj

Love Joist but support resolution has difficulty

Professional look and on the spot updates for materials used and labor expended which really increases accuracy. I really really love this product... I just hope I can get the email thing worked out.

Pros

For Free software I can't complain - it does a great job at almost everything. I have several friends that are now using it and love it. I don't use Quick Books but it does have a sync feature if you use QB. It takes a little getting use to when adding Items and clients but once it is set up it is awesome!!

Cons

The only problem I am having is sending email from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A device. I can create invoices but when I send them it acts like it works but doesn't send anything. I have had a ticket open for several weeks with little being done. I can send from my PC and my Phone but not my tablet. It is like it does not send my email request to the Joist server. I believe the problem to be with the APP itself. I am waiting on someone to call me that can look at my account while I am sending email to see what if anything they are getting from my app.

Ryan

June 2022

Joist to the rescue!

Very good!!

Pros

It is so easy to use and very inexpensive. The free version is great for anyone starting a new business or crm.

Cons

I wish it had a scheduling feature and a good,better,best option for estimating.

Joist was the first software we used for painting estimates

Pros

I liked how it was an estimating software and a CRM all in one. I also loved that I could send out formal Invoices.

Cons

It didn't have any way to have customers pay online which made my job a lot more difficult since I had to chase down payments and wait for checks.

April 2022

Short of being all that we need as contractors

My overall experience with this software is that if you are a growing company, it can be outgrown making it necessary to seek software with more functions to replace this software.

Pros

The ability to send estimates electronically for approvals.

Cons

Not being able to write change orders with decreases in scope and costs. Must use other software to do this causes additional expense. Cutting and pasting text from other software causes formatting uses. This decreases the efficacy of this software. Not allowed to give discounts or credits on a signed estimate. Sometimes you want to add a benefit to the clients experience and this software does not offer this.

Russell

Industry: Environmental Services

Started using Paypal

Who are a few bumps here and they're doing the years that we use the app but they work through it with us and we were solved it and they improved their app but they really messed up and they start using PayPal PayPal is the worst absolute worst company to deal with the customerservice does not exist you can't speak to a human ever they are a joke and they offer invoicing I don't know why joist would have done this..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was over the top at his job. He contacted us to see how we were even after we left the app joust

Pros

Easy , quick good looking invoices, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the emoyee was incredible even after we left because of PayPal. I just wish they offered more than one pay source

Cons

PAYPAL. THEY RUINED THIS APP..customer service was over the top with joust, but with PayPal its nonexistent..they are rude if you get someone almost annoyed..usually they only want you to use community...we hate that

Reasons for choosing Joist

Easy

Very useful!

Overall, it's very useful and become an everyday tool for my business!

Pros

With time, as items are added, it becomes very easy to generate a great looking Estimate.

Cons

At first, it's time consuming, adding items slowly.

Reasons for switching to Joist

For a better looking document presentation.

Kate

Contractor’s best friend

Love love love this. Cant say enough good things about Joist.

Pros

Absolutely love this program. Use it all the time for estimates. Has an incredible system for estimates, invoices, payment, and overall management.

Cons

Was a little difficult in connecting with quickbooks, but not horrible. Also while I know they have to make money, a few years ago the program was free, now has a pro option on order to access all features.

Nachman

This is one of the best app finds !

Pros

This program does everything high priced software does, and it absolutely FREE!!! And not only is it not bogged down by ads, the developer has been adding more free stuff at a rapid pace, from taking credit card payments and e-checks directly though the app, to adding features to the quotes and bills themselves. Now, while this software is made for general contractors, i use this for my own art and technology business. And the few times I had questions, emails were returned with in hours!

Cons

To be honest, there really are no cons to this software. It is truly a work of art. You can tell that this app was created by someone who truly "gets it".

Jerika

10 out of 10 hands down

We have used Joist and recommended this to many for years! It is one of the best programs I have used for agreements. Integrates photos, multiple addresses, save frequently used items, easy export- the perfect solution for a company on a budget!

Pros

ease of use, price, reliability, functionality

Cons

ONLY complaint is not capturing IP address/digital signature being more secure

Juan Carlos

Excellent

Pros

Very user friendly and looks great. Estimates and invoices look very clean and professional. Customers can pay with credit card or electronic check, excellent feature.

Cons

Like all of it. There should be a way to notify and remind customers that they have an unpaid invoice.

Tahsin

Easy to use, your business will cruise

It’s been my go to software. Use it at least 1-2 hours a day. Great software for specifiers, estimators and Sales.

Pros

Very easy to use, the layout and interface is fantastic. You can integrate quick book with it. Create estimate within a minute and email it to your customer.

Cons

Can’t add photos of an item. You have to add separate as an upload option but not as an individual item

Myron